PDA

View Full Version : New York is buying out Corey Brewer

Jonathan2323
02-28-2011, 05:57 PM
STEIN_LINE_HQ
Just filed to ESPN.com: Sources say we're about to have a surprising late addition to the buyout market: New York is buying out Corey Brewer

Sources say Celts, Spurs, Mavs and OKC have all registered immediate interest in Brewer, who holds obvious appeal to all as wing defender http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

RZZZA
02-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Why would we want him?

xxcubs22xx
02-28-2011, 05:58 PM
STEIN_LINE_HQ

http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

Hello Chicago?

:ohno:

:pray:

ChitownSports16
02-28-2011, 06:00 PM
IDK if thats what the bulls really need.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Bogans is better lol

D Roses Bulls
02-28-2011, 06:02 PM
bring him to chicago....... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know brewer can be a pretty good player. I just know it.

RZZZA
02-28-2011, 06:04 PM
lol, its sad how Bulls fans get excited over the worst players...

I knew that keeping Bogans as a starter for this long would mess with peoples heads.

Gram
02-28-2011, 06:04 PM
I thought the Knicks really wanted him. :S

D Roses Bulls
02-28-2011, 06:06 PM
lol, its sad how Bulls fans get excited over the worst players...

I knew that keeping Bogans as a starter for this long would mess with peoples heads.

dude, i have watched corey brewer for 3 years in person at the U of F. i was at school for most of the time he was there. I know this guy in the right system and if he gets his confidence back can be a good player. i suggest you study him more before you criticize people

Raph12
02-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Come to Orlando; we need some perimeter defense...

Romo2Bryant
02-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Interesting... I guess their making room for Jared Jeffries.

Giraffes Rule
02-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Spurs are interested in him? Hmmm... I guess if anyone can keep Brewer in check and limit his on-court stupidity it's coach Pop, but I dunno man. I don't like what I've seen from him.

xxcubs22xx
02-28-2011, 06:12 PM
dude, i have watched corey brewer for 3 years in person at the U of F. i was at school for most of the time he was there. I know this guy in the right system and if he gets his confidence back can be a good player. i suggest you study him more before you criticize people

This.

The Bulls should go after him. He'd be an upgrade over Bogans, he'd fit in well because of being teammates with JoNo in Fl, and he's a decent player.

Lim
02-28-2011, 06:12 PM
corey brewer is a scrub anyways so who cares

SNYmets86
02-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Brewer with the bulls would be exciting . knowing the guy can play defense and the bulls coach praises defense .

dont understand why the knicks choose him instead of freaking MASON bum asz

Mishmin
02-28-2011, 06:13 PM
BOSTON BABY. Ainge was trying to get him before the deadline and something tells me this was all part of his crazy plan.

smith&wesson
02-28-2011, 06:15 PM
So what was the point in trading randolph then ? wasnt brewer brought to new york in a seperate trade for randolph ? why do the trade in the first place. i dont get it.

xxcubs22xx
02-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Brewer with the bulls would be exciting . knowing the guy can play defense and the bulls coach praises defense .

Yeah.

CB would make what is already a lockdown defensive team that much more dangerous. If you can substitute all the defense Keith bogans has played this year (or lack thereof) with Corey Brewer making those plays, the Bulls would be improved.

I'll take Corey Brewer over Rasual Butler, and Keith Bogans. Sign him up!

gotoHcarolina52
02-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Calm Down. Brewer is going to Miami

Pierzynski4Prez
02-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Guess D'Antoni doesn't want anyone that has a tendency to play defense every now and then on his roster.

lvlheaded
02-28-2011, 06:18 PM
I really would have liked to keep Brewer, but I guess D'Antoni prefers Balkman's D to Brewer's :(

Pierzynski4Prez
02-28-2011, 06:19 PM
So what was the point in trading randolph then ? wasnt brewer brought to new york in a seperate trade for randolph ? why do the trade in the first place. i dont get it.

Confuses me too. I thought at 1st the point to trading randolph was to gain a 1st round pick, which they got Brewer instead, I assumed it was to add some depth. Guess not. Sounds like Isiah really is giving Dolan advice.

RZZZA
02-28-2011, 06:21 PM
excuse me for not getting excited over yet another guy who can play defense but cant play any offense on this team. We have enough of those guys.

we need someone who can shoot the ball and defend.

cubswin25
02-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Can't shoot the 3, no thanks. He's basically a younger poor mans version of Ronnie Brewer.

D Roses Bulls
02-28-2011, 06:25 PM
excuse me for not getting excited over yet another guy who can play defense but cant play any offense on this team. We have enough of those guys.

we need someone who can shoot the ball and defend.

like i said, you need to watch him more and study him. he can shoot the 3 ball, not at a very high rate, but he can knock it down. he can drive the lane and hit the pull up jumper and play great defense. he is very young, very athletic. he just needs to get into a system like the bulls and get his confidence back. also, we do need a back up for deng very badly. this guy can become a pretty damn good player.

RZZZA
02-28-2011, 06:28 PM
you say he can shoot, but his stats say otherwise.

If you think he can develop into someone good, okay, I'll try to keep an open mind.

I thought we traded JJ though because we don't have room on this team for developing young players

magichatnumber9
02-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Kids going to play for Doc Rivers. Murph also

Pierzynski4Prez
02-28-2011, 06:35 PM
you say he can shoot, but his stats say otherwise.

If you think he can develop into someone good, okay, I'll try to keep an open mind.

I thought we traded JJ though because we don't have room on this team for developing young players

If you have roster spots, which we have 2-3 of, you have room for developing young players, especially when still on rookie contracts.

We traded JJ because we were able to get a 1st, which we were hoping to use to upgrade our SG position.

I would take brewer because we have the room, and more depth never hurts. But he would hardly get any minutes and have any effect on the game. Basically would be an insurance policy if someone goes down.

RZZZA
02-28-2011, 06:37 PM
hard to get excited about a guy who will never play, can't shoot, and turns the ball over as much as he scores.

Ugh. Save the money is what I say

kblo247
02-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Would love him in LA. He is better than Ariza when he came here and already knows some of the triangle. He would be a great addition of athleticism, defense, and length to the Lakers.

D Roses Bulls
02-28-2011, 06:41 PM
hard to get excited about a guy who will never play, can't shoot, and turns the ball over as much as he scores.

Ugh. Save the money is what I say

really disappointing me today rzzza. go do your home work on the guy first and stop always looking at stats. he was runner up for mip last year and minnesota ****ed with him so much this year that he lost confidence.

PurpleJesus
02-28-2011, 06:41 PM
i never thought much of brewer on the wolves, but i always thought he had potential in the league as defensive role player who can score on the fast break...I wanted to see him on a playoff team before he was written off as a bust, i was excited to see him in NY, but it looks like he still may find a spot on a playoff roster. I know there were rumors the Celtics were trying to trade for him before NY got him, so that would be my best guess right now.

PurpleJesus
02-28-2011, 06:44 PM
really disappointing me today rzzza. go do your home work on the guy first and stop always looking at stats. he was runner up for mip last year and minnesota ****ed with him so much this year that he lost confidence.

really, rzzza's comments werent that far off. I think Brewer can be good in the right role, but in that role description, it should be bolded that brewer can never shoot. In the ideal role for him, he is scoring a couple points on the fast break, and he is playing good team defense. Brewer is a hard work who gives all his effort, and will do what the coaches tell him too...his negatives are an ugly jump shot, and that his mind cant think as fast as his body.

DaBear
02-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Not interested.

believeinNYK
02-28-2011, 06:46 PM

X2 can't believe were not trying to cut mason instead

kblo247
02-28-2011, 06:49 PM
X2 can't believe were not trying to cut mason instead

Mason got the secret from Luke Walton, keep incriminating pictures of front office personnel :laugh2:

D Roses Bulls
02-28-2011, 06:51 PM
really, rzzza's comments werent that far off. I think Brewer can be good in the right role, but in that role description, it should be bolded that brewer can never shoot. In the ideal role for him, he is scoring a couple points on the fast break, and he is playing good team defense. Brewer is a hard work who gives all his effort, and will do what the coaches tell him too...his negatives are an ugly jump shot, and that his mind cant think as fast as his body.

I dont agree with you sir. he is still very young, and he can develop.

RZZZA
02-28-2011, 06:53 PM
well considering that he can play defense but can't shoot, I'm sure Thibs is creaming his pants right now at the prospect of getting Corey Brewer.

May as well be in a Bulls uniform right now

GrkGawdofWalkz
02-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Corey Brewer would be a great addition with Parker going down for potentially a month.

KnicksorBust
02-28-2011, 06:55 PM
I'd much rather keep him than Balkman or Roger Mason Jr. This is stupid.

topdog
02-28-2011, 07:02 PM
Good for him. He'll get to play for a contender which is what he's best suited for.

He is not at all the player from Florida though. Looked like he might improve his 3 last year but has since regressed.

Don't get Knicks' motives at all. Just wanted someone to buy out I guess. And let's not forget the point of that deal was mainly to ditch Curry.

PurpleJesus
02-28-2011, 07:07 PM
I dont agree with you sir. he is still very young, and he can develop.

theres not much to disagree with. His jump shot is awful, and his body thinks faster than his mind. He has a great work ethic and does what the coaches tell him. He's an arright player, and is best suited to play on a team where the coach tells him not to shoot.

SeoulBeatz
02-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Believe it or not Chi-town fans, you probably want Rasual Butler right now starting at SG more than you want Corey Brewer.

He is completely inept on offense. If you hate Keith Bogans just wait. Corey has one of the worst shots in the league at the position and his handles are very shaky. He really reminds me of Rodney Carney. more of an athlete than a bball player and not in a good way.

He is a very good defender though because of his athleticism so he has a use, but he wouldn't fit in chicago.

LTBaByyy
02-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Choosing Jeffries over Brewer???

I know Brewer been having a bad season but wow :facepalm:

Stunner
02-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Brewer and Noah ?

Mishmin
02-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Boston better get it together before all these cats head down to miami.