PDA

View Full Version : Marc Gasol

Lindystud36
02-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Simple Thread

Will this guy be given the Max Contract?

MrfadeawayJB
02-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Not sure what the max would be for him because it is based on years exp. But i see him getting a extension similar to Joakim Noah around $10-12 mil. a year

mzgrizz
03-01-2011, 12:20 AM
Probably. There aren't that many true centers in the league that I can tell. His family has been in Memphis over 10 years now; little brother is in school here; crowd pretty much loves him; hard worker and yes.I think they'll give him his due. I know the personal stuff doesn't count for much in the NBA but this is Memphis.

Lloyd Christmas
03-01-2011, 02:36 AM
Has your front office said of they plan on bringing both Randolph and Gasol back?

J Falk
03-01-2011, 02:49 AM
I don't think we'll have the cap room to sign both Marc and Randolph unless we trade Mayo which is very possible..I hope we don't give Randolph a max contract though...maybe another year or two at max. Hopefully we get Marc for 6 years 60 mil. lol

m77s
03-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Has your front office said of they plan on bringing both Randolph and Gasol back?

Yes the Owner has said he will sign them. Initially he said he would sign all 5 starters, but then OJ is not a starter anymore, and we almost traded him, so i think he will be gone after this year. We will have the money to sign both Zbo and Marc. Everyone has known OJ was odd man out for nearly a year now. If OJ is Traded, likely for Picks, and we end up Letting Shane Go,

Then the money that was allotted to Thabeet and Mayo ( around 10M per year ) would end up going to Marc ( current 3.33M + 10MM freed up by getting rid of Thabust and OJ will get Marc resigned even if we went up to 13.33M per year )

Given that situation, we already are allotting like 17-18M this year with Zbo. His contract escalated as it matures, So we would likely sign him to a similar contract to allow us to be competitive and sign some role players or draft picks in the time he's here...

I would think we could get Zbo for like 4 yr 60M, 10M in yr 1, 15 in yr 2, 17.5M in yr 3, and 17.5 in yr 4,

Technically, If we had to, we could go up to 18M a year with Zbo, and 13.33 with Marc, and even have money left over (1M a year from Carroll being gone ) and still be under the same salary structure were under now, assuming OJ and Shane are gone.

Id like to see Marc sign for 4 yr 40M
and Zbo for 4 yr 60M

and we would have around 6M a year to resign Shane, or a Shooter, or Both maybe

Keep in Mind the 3 years we were in the playoffs, We were a luxury tax paying team. Heisley doesnt mind spending a little, but he wants fans in the seats and us to be winning or in contention before he does so.

i see us going to the playoffs this year, and us cashing in on an Exception that we still have, and bringing in another high impact player or two to help get us to the next level.... advancing in the playoffs.

m77s
03-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Not sure what the max would be for him because it is based on years exp. But i see him getting a extension similar to Joakim Noah around $10-12 mil. a year

x2

J Falk
03-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Yes the Owner has said he will sign them. Initially he said he would sign all 5 starters, but then OJ is not a starter anymore, and we almost traded him, so i think he will be gone after this year. We will have the money to sign both Zbo and Marc. Everyone has known OJ was odd man out for nearly a year now. If OJ is Traded, likely for Picks, and we end up Letting Shane Go,

Then the money that was allotted to Thabeet and Mayo ( around 10M per year ) would end up going to Marc ( current 3.33M + 10MM freed up by getting rid of Thabust and OJ will get Marc resigned even if we went up to 13.33M per year )

Given that situation, we already are allotting like 17-18M this year with Zbo. His contract escalated as it matures, So we would likely sign him to a similar contract to allow us to be competitive and sign some role players or draft picks in the time he's here...

I would think we could get Zbo for like 4 yr 60M, 10M in yr 1, 15 in yr 2, 17.5M in yr 3, and 17.5 in yr 4,

Technically, If we had to, we could go up to 18M a year with Zbo, and 13.33 with Marc, and even have money left over (1M a year from Carroll being gone ) and still be under the same salary structure were under now, assuming OJ and Shane are gone.

Id like to see Marc sign for 4 yr 40M
and Zbo for 4 yr 60M

and we would have around 6M a year to resign Shane, or a Shooter, or Both maybe

Keep in Mind the 3 years we were in the playoffs, We were a luxury tax paying team. Heisley doesnt mind spending a little, but he wants fans in the seats and us to be winning or in contention before he does so.

i see us going to the playoffs this year, and us cashing in on an Exception that we still have, and bringing in another high impact player or two to help get us to the next level.... advancing in the playoffs.

Is Zbo really worth that much money at this point in his career though? He's already 30...I say get him for 2 years at about 15 mil a year, while getting marc for as many years as possible...My only thing with ZBo is, can he get us past the huge bigs in the West? I guess we'll see...

MrfadeawayJB
03-02-2011, 11:35 PM
I think if Z-Bo wants to be a perrenial winner and beloved even more by Memphis fans, he will take a little pay cut to put a more competitive team around him. I think Shane will come back next year for a deal similar to Tony Allen (3yr 10 mil), and obviously oj will be traded. It is important to save up $ because one day Darrell Arthur will be a starter in this league and make more money as well

Dr. A
03-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Laker fan here.. I've liked mark since we drafted him... really hope we can have him back after his contract is up.. so we can have the Gasol brothers in our team

J Falk
03-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Laker fan here.. I've liked mark since we drafted him... really hope we can have him back after his contract is up.. so we can have the Gasol brothers in our team

No way buddy, we traded away Pau because we needed to rebuild...there's no way we give up on our amazingly rebuilt team by giving away Marc, and unlike Pau, Marc actually has heart and he seems like a loyal person. You can keep the winey, lanky punk...we'll keep the real baller.

mzgrizz
03-03-2011, 12:10 AM
no way buddy, we traded away pau because we needed to rebuild...there's no way we give up on our amazingly rebuilt team by giving away marc, and unlike pau, marc actually has heart and he seems like a loyal person. You can keep the winey, lanky punk...we'll keep the real baller.

x2

GRIZZ_JAPAN
03-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Remember that Marco Jaric (7.6M) salary comes off the books this year. Take Thebeat & Damare Caroll and send to Shane - give Jaric salary + Gasol's current salary to Marc Gasol (4 yrs) and work on ZBO and see if he will take about 13-14M (4yrs) and then look for a shooter. If need to let OJ go (hard to do, I like him alot - still think he has a lot to offer) he is the odd man out. Jwill for next year and the rookies. Sam Young & Durell Arther are under contract for next year. This TEAM could be togeather for 4 more years and grow even more if everybody doesn't get greedy, but goes for a good salary.
Roster would be
ZBO - Marc - Rudy - Sam - Conley
Tony Allen - Shane Battier - DA -OJ - Jwill
Vasquez - X. Henry - Hamed Haddadi
13 players - still room for another inside big and a 3pt shooter
This team can cause some serious damage with a little help
Salary range would be about 66-67 M for this current roster with Marc @ 10M & ZBO @ 14M
could work

m77s
03-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Is Zbo really worth that much money at this point in his career though? He's already 30...I say get him for 2 years at about 15 mil a year, while getting marc for as many years as possible...My only thing with ZBo is, can he get us past the huge bigs in the West? I guess we'll see...

Well, the questions Definitely Valid. But He may be more valuable to us than any other team, because weve lacked a Power Forward for so long, and frankly, how else are we going to lure a Star or at least Star Quality player that has Zbo's production to come here, without Trading for someone like Kevin Love and giving up WAY too much to get the deal done. We could sign David West maybe, but hes not as good a Zbo and would command similar money. I think Zbo wants a 3 year Extension, but if we go 3 years, he's probably gonna want Pau Money, which he already says he wants. that means we would end up paying nearly 54 M for 3 years.......at 18 per.. To me, I say pay the man. He is the one player that has made a difference. We won 20 games and zbo came onboard, and we nearly made the playoffs last year, and are destined for it this year. Take away Zbo, and were back to a 20 win team IMO

m77s
03-03-2011, 11:52 AM
I think if Z-Bo wants to be a perrenial winner and beloved even more by Memphis fans, he will take a little pay cut to put a more competitive team around him. I think Shane will come back next year for a deal similar to Tony Allen (3yr 10 mil), and obviously oj will be traded. It is important to save up $ because one day Darrell Arthur will be a starter in this league and make more money as well

I hated DA when he first came becuz of being a Jayhawk, but he's become one of my favorite players. He's got some moves, he plays hard and fast, good D, not great D but good D, and Man that outside Jumper is Sweet...
and almost Money everytime he lets it fly

m77s
03-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Remember that Marco Jaric (7.6M) salary comes off the books this year. Take Thebeat & Damare Caroll and send to Shane - give Jaric salary + Gasol's current salary to Marc Gasol (4 yrs) and work on ZBO and see if he will take about 13-14M (4yrs) and then look for a shooter. If need to let OJ go (hard to do, I like him alot - still think he has a lot to offer) he is the odd man out. Jwill for next year and the rookies. Sam Young & Durell Arther are under contract for next year. This TEAM could be togeather for 4 more years and grow even more if everybody doesn't get greedy, but goes for a good salary.
Roster would be
Salary range would be about 66-67 M for this current roster with Marc @ 10M & ZBO @ 14M
could work

i pull hard for OJ, and I like him too, but his only value to us is shooting, and he's not consistent enough to jeopardize signing Zbo and Marc I say Cut bait and we could get a shooter for less money than he makes or will expect when hes a FA Plus we dont have many pics coming up in the next few years, Gaining a few first rounders would help us alot in the coming years when we need to add a key piece to help us get over the hump in certain areas...

m77s
03-03-2011, 12:06 PM
We are under the cap now. We could pay everyone the same money, even Zbo, and give Marc that Jaric Money, meaning Gasol would make around 10M a year,

Any money we can get Zbo to agree to, Less than 18M per year, Plus Carroll's 1M, Plus 7M to Shane, could be pure capspace, to pay Marc a little More if needed,

We also have Exceptions we can use as well to sign another FA if we need to, or want to, that would keep us under the luxury tax threshold... So we will be fine.

There is no way that the grizz will risk losing the momentum theyre building with the playoff push and the fanbase, after all the heartache's theyve put up with the past 3 or 4 years...

m77s
03-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Roster would be
could work

Heck yea that could work, were at 69,541,935 Currently

m77s
03-03-2011, 12:15 PM
http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/grizzlies.jsp

xbrackattackx
03-03-2011, 12:22 PM
I think you should Sign Z-bo and Marc then try to get Kris Humphries since he is a free agent...he can give Zbo rest and still grab rebounds and he is pretty good on defense.

m77s
03-03-2011, 04:12 PM
I think you should Sign Z-bo and Marc then try to get Kris Humphries since he is a free agent...he can give Zbo rest and still grab rebounds and he is pretty good on defense.

If he stays broken up with Kardashian, then I say pass.. lol
if he gets back with her, Sign me up for Season Tickets

Can he shoot? We need a Matt Bonner type... I think that's what Jerry West saw when he signed Cardinal, but we know how that turned out.... Not so well

J Falk
03-03-2011, 04:26 PM
I hated DA when he first came becuz of being a Jayhawk, but he's become one of my favorite players. He's got some moves, he plays hard and fast, good D, not great D but good D, and Man that outside Jumper is Sweet...
and almost Money everytime he lets it fly

Ya man I hated him at first too, but the guy has earned my respect...with that said do you not think maybe he's ready to take the next step and be our starting PF if ZBo doesn't come back? I think we'd be fine with Darrell starting because what he gives up on offense to zbo, he makes up for on defense IMO. The only thing is we'd definitely have to find a big man to take that backup role..

m77s
03-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Ya man I hated him at first too, but the guy has earned my respect...with that said do you not think maybe he's ready to take the next step and be our starting PF if ZBo doesn't come back? I think we'd be fine with Darrell starting because what he gives up on offense to zbo, he makes up for on defense IMO. The only thing is we'd definitely have to find a big man to take that backup role..

I think its possible. It would give us a different look. guys would have trouble guarding him, since he has an inside out game, I gotta tell ya, 18M not given to Zbo would sure as hell go along way at getting us what we need to really bolster this lineup in FA, Maybe we could get David West to be the our backup Center or just another backup Big, I would feel better about it but i dont know how much to get him? 10M per year? i think he makes 7.5 now... would be a nice 3 man rotation with DA, Marc, and West.... and would make me feel better if Zbo departs

I think with whats coming in FA, we have to ask ourselves, would we rather have Zbo, or maybe have DA start and sign 2 of these guys:

Jamal Crawford
Glen Davis
David West
Anthony Parker
Tahshaun Prince
Yao Ming?? Backup for a while and see if he rebounds from the injury??
Shannon Brown
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Kris Humphries
Nenad Kristic
Jason Kapono
Jason Richardson
Carl Landry
Sam Dalembert
Andrei Kirilinko

lilojmayo
03-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Roster would be
could work

Stop it Grizz fans. first of all teams could really overpay for Marc, since he is so fundamentally sound and he is a legit 7 foot man. What he actually value is is about 10 million dollars for 5 or 6 years. But again like everyone he will get overpayed.

There is no way OJ Mayo will be a Grizzly next season. I don't even think his management team will allow him to be even if OJ wants to be. OJ is going to be in a contract year and like everyone he wants to get paid and get paid big big money. The only way that happens is if goes to a team that puts the ball in his hands. OJ is too talented to not get a legit chance at being a franchise player.I see OJ getting traded for multiple picks for the future, so it opens up Cap for Marc.

I will say this on a positive light, I am enjoying the Grizz as a team they are clicking on all cylinders and it will only get better when Rudy comes back. Let's just enjoy now the 3 year plan the last 30 games they are all together including playoffs.

m77s
03-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Stop it Grizz fans. first of all teams could really overpay for Marc, since he is so fundamentally sound and he is a legit 7 foot man. What he actually value is is about 10 million dollars for 5 or 6 years. But again like everyone he will get overpayed.

There is no way OJ Mayo will be a Grizzly next season. I don't even think his management team will allow him to be even if OJ wants to be. OJ is going to be in a contract year and like everyone he wants to get paid and get paid big big money. The only way that happens is if goes to a team that puts the ball in his hands. OJ is too talented to not get a legit chance at being a franchise player.I see OJ getting traded for multiple picks for the future, so it opens up Cap for Marc.

I will say this on a positive light, I am enjoying the Grizz as a team they are clicking on all cylinders and it will only get better when Rudy comes back. Let's just enjoy now the 3 year plan the last 30 games they are all together including playoffs.

Stop What? Heisley said he will sign them both! We will have the money!