PDA

View Full Version : My Hindsight Bias

NYstateofMinD
02-28-2011, 12:50 PM
So.. I made a thread a few days ago about how the Knicks are officially contenders. I was called a few things, naming them is unnecessary, but how about that Knicks game? Bill Walker played great defense on LeBron. Amare with a major defensive stop on LeBron. Billups with a vital steal to give the Knicks the lead. Their ball movement was great for a team that just got major additions to their rotation.

I'll give them a week or two to gel, and I think they will go on a major streak finishing the season 19-6.

Allstar21
02-28-2011, 12:57 PM
neither team could of beat the Celtics size in the playoffs before the perkins trade...now...the East is anyones game with chicago being the favorite in my opinion (becuz of their defense, depth, and size)

northsider
02-28-2011, 12:59 PM
No offense but, up until that last couple mins where Billups took over you guys looked ****ing terrible. This game was terrible for both teams. I would not hope a game plan like this one were to come out if you were to face the heat again.

This was one of the sloppiest games I watched in a while between 2 good teams.

Ball movement are you joking you guys were getting the ball and just doing drive and kicks to the corner every play. I am really not trying to knock the Knicks with this post but, I am IMO letting you know this is a terrible game to use to back up your argument. This game was the opposite of anything good.

Congrats on beating the heat that is a feat in itself but, I would not be look too much into this being a proving win on the Knicks being elite.

Bornknick73
02-28-2011, 01:13 PM
No offense but, up until that last couple mins where Billups took over you guys looked ****ing terrible. This game was terrible for both teams. I would not hope a game plan like this one were to come out if you were to face the heat again.

This was one of the sloppiest games I watched in a while between 2 good teams.

Ball movement are you joking you guys were getting the ball and just doing drive and kicks to the corner every play. I am really not trying to knock the Knicks with this post but, I am IMO letting you know this is a terrible game to use to back up your argument. This game was the opposite of anything good.

Congrats on beating the heat that is a feat in itself but, I would not be look too much into this being a proving win on the Knicks being elite.

We beat one of the top 2 teams in the East with a new roster with 3 games under its belt. Of course it was sloppy. But what do you think is gonna happen when we get the kinks out?

PlezPlayDKnicks
02-28-2011, 01:18 PM
This thread is gonna go south very quickly.....

northsider
We beat one of the top 2 teams in the East with a new roster with 3 games under its belt. Of course it was sloppy. But what do you think is gonna happen when we get the kinks out?

And again congrats it is a big win regardless but, without a complete takeover by Billups we aren't sitting here. Honestly Melo and Stat might have to take a seat cause the real pick up for you guys might have been in Billups someone who knows what it takes to win in big games.

bovice163
It was a good win for you guys, but don't get too excited. Northsider pretty much summed it up, but I'll add my own opinion. The offense the Knicks ran was absolutely horrible. It was either clear the floor for Melo and let him go one-on-one, throw the ball down low and have Amare force a shot, or drive and kick to the man on the open wing and have him chuck. Isolation plays will fail in the playoffs, as will mindless 3 point shooting. Not to mention Miami really lost that game with their 20 TOs and LeBron coming short again.

The Knicks did play some defense, I will give you that because I didn't think D'antoni was going to emphasize that side of the ball. But after one game, to think you are contenders is a bit absurd. Not to mention you will need to fill out your bench in order to beat the elite teams in a 7 game series. You guys will be a good team, but give it some time. Miami has been together for over half of a season, and they aren't playing their 110% best ball yet.

RZZZA
02-28-2011, 01:22 PM
the Knicks are for real! they're going to come out of the East and win it all this year. Watch out Lakers and Celtics

Hawkeye15
02-28-2011, 01:25 PM
they don't have the depth or the defense to make a serious run this year. Lets see what they do this offseason before we predict future success

chicago lulz
02-28-2011, 01:32 PM
it was a good sloppy game, both teams will work out the "kinks" next time. kind of surprised the heat gave up a 16-0 run before the half.

Flash3
02-28-2011, 01:36 PM
there is a chance they upset some teams in the playoffs and go to the ecf but i dont think they have enough depth or size to win it all.

Toxeryll
02-28-2011, 01:44 PM
You can't create new threads everytime you win. You have to be a die hard knick fan to actually believe they can contend this season.

Lim
02-28-2011, 01:45 PM
lol knicks fans :facepalm: maybe next year... but not this year

CowboysKB24
02-28-2011, 01:50 PM
And again congrats it is a big win regardless but, without a complete takeover by Billups we aren't sitting here. Honestly Melo and Stat might have to take a seat cause the real pick up for you guys might have been in Billups someone who knows what it takes to win in big games.

Well the take over did happen...

Without a complete transformation of Rondo into an elite point guard, we aren't sitting here. We can do this all day. Without a complete takeover of Derrick Rose bla bla bla bla... who cares. What matters is what happened.

Melo and STAT taking a seat? and the REAL pick up is Billups... Come on man. Get with the program. Billups wouldn't be able to take over if the entire defense wasn't focusing on STAT and Melo. And Melo's 29 points and 9 rebounds, and great defense in the final 7 minutes against the "best player in the game LBJ" had no impact on the game. What are you talking about?

Meatmypet
02-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Some knick fans overreact way too easily. posts like these prove my point. And I'm a knick fan.

CowboysKB24
02-28-2011, 01:55 PM
So.. I made a thread a few days ago about how the Knicks are officially contenders. I was called a few things, naming them is unnecessary, but how about that Knicks game? Bill Walker played great defense on LeBron. Amare with a major defensive stop on LeBron. Billups with a vital steal to give the Knicks the lead. Their ball movement was great for a team that just got major additions to their rotation.

I'll give them a week or two to gel, and I think they will go on a major streak finishing the season 19-6.

Yeah they are contenders, but they aren't dominate. They have a chance, but not more than any other team. Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, Heat and Chicago have proved a lot this season. Knicks got some proving to do first before they get on that level. You don't become this elite contender after 1 trade and 3 games.

CowboysKB24
02-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Some knick fans overreact way too easily. posts like these prove my point. And I'm a knick fan.

Yeah some are ridiculous. Just ignore them. It isn't worth it.

northsider
02-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Well the take over did happen...

Without a complete transformation of Rondo into an elite point guard, we aren't sitting here. We can do this all day. Without a complete takeover of Derrick Rose bla bla bla bla... who cares. What matters is what happened.

Melo and STAT taking a seat? and the REAL pick up is Billups... Come on man. Get with the program. Billups wouldn't be able to take over if the entire defense wasn't focusing on STAT and Melo. And Melo's 29 points and 9 rebounds, and great defense in the final 7 minutes against the "best player in the game LBJ" had no impact on the game. What are you talking about?

I am not dissecting the Knicks on them being a bad team but, I was talking how this game was not one to use to back his argument. Obviously what I was saying about Billups wasn't in regards to being better then them but, how much of a bigger impact he could potentially have that people might have disregarded. No Billups took over on both sides of the ball more importantly and came up with a huge steal as well as a ridiculous basket that had nothing to do with Stat or Melo.

jiggin
02-28-2011, 02:25 PM
one game does not make a team great or a contender...or the cavs would be talked about based solely on the playing the knicks this year. LOL

Cool007
02-28-2011, 02:35 PM
I think Knicks are a pretty good team now. I think they will be tough to face in the first round (if you are a top 3 teams), You rather face a poorer team in Philly or Indiana/Charlotte instead.

I still don't think Knicks can beat any of the top 3 (Boston/Miami/Chicago) in a 7-game series but they COULD beat Orlando/Atlanta, should they move up to 4th/5th seed.

If I am Knicks, I offer K-Perkins big money this summer (if he doesn't resign with Thunder before free agency). I also would go after Felton as well.

Forget about going after CP3/Deron coz it just won't happen as they don't have Max money and the franchise tag that might happen.

Felton
Fields
Melo
Amare
Perkins

would be a great balanced team. They would have pretty good 1st and 2nd options, they would have a good PG that runs the pick and roll and team well, They would have 3 players that play good defense (Felton/Fields/Perkins). They would have inside toughness and size with Perkins as well.

That team would be really scary.

whitemamba33
02-28-2011, 03:08 PM
This year I've watched Knicks fans act like they were the best team in the NBA to start the season, than I listened to them want to kill themselves in the middle of the season, and now i'm supposed to believe that they are the best team again.

Congrats, you beat Miami. But so did the Clippers.

lol mecca my a##

Kashmir13579
02-28-2011, 03:35 PM
You can't create new threads everytime you win. You have to be a die hard knick fan to actually believe they can contend this season.

even the die-hards don't expect them to contend. actually its the opposite of how you said it. the casual fans think we can win it all this season.