PDA

View Full Version : Team that gets too much TV coverage

ManOnFire
02-28-2011, 02:25 AM
Whats up with the Portland Trailblazers always getting on ESPN and TNT? does anyone even really care about this team? For being such a mediocre team, they sure get alot of air time.

bholly
02-28-2011, 02:52 AM
They're one of the teams I most like to see, actually.

Who'd you rather have on?

ElMarroAfamado
02-28-2011, 03:01 AM
The Nuggets it seems are always on both too. It probably had to do with Melo but I guess we will find out next season....

GoatMilk
02-28-2011, 03:05 AM
portland has been on TNT like 6 or 7 times. more than the lakers o.O

and they're always at home when they're on TV too

it has to do with them being on the west coast for the nightcap though, and they would have been really really good if they were healthy. would have been a good call for the networks. you have to guess. they do the schedules in July/August

you know Miami, Boston, LA, but the other teams you have to project who will be good. thats why you'll be seeing utah and denver late in the season when you might not want to see them. same with Phoenix

gotoHcarolina52
02-28-2011, 03:12 AM
Miami gets way too much for my liking. And most of the time I see them on ESPN, TNT, etc they lose.

Raph12
02-28-2011, 03:14 AM
I'd like to see Miller-Roy-GForce-Aldridge-Camby even more than I have (one game lol)...

shep33
02-28-2011, 03:15 AM
Portland and the Suns... although both are quality teams

Stuckey#3
02-28-2011, 03:15 AM
The ESPN schedule is bought and reserved when the season schedule comes out. Same thing with ABC and TNT. It is all speculation before the season starts. Unfortunately that is why teams like the sixers and grizzlies do not get primetime slots... because no one expected them to be playoff teams.

Stuckey#3
02-28-2011, 03:17 AM
ESPN should use a voting system like NBA TV's fan night.

Oldmantrash
02-28-2011, 03:17 AM
Lakers,I'm tired of seeing them all the time.
Seen this same team play for years,would rather see portland play.

JB0B0
02-28-2011, 03:28 AM
ESPN needs an adjustable schedule, similar to the NFL's flex schedule for SNF.

iggypop123
02-28-2011, 03:55 AM
well they cant get on abc so they get on the next best situation espn. they get decent games and have to deal with it. since their crowd is insane most of the time they get good games.

J4KOP99
02-28-2011, 03:57 AM
I don't know if it's just me but it seems like the Clippers have been on nat'l TV at least once a week. They ****ing suck. If you want to see Blake Griffen so badly, watch the highlights after the game... that is the only thing worth watching with the Clips.

RaIDErsFTW
02-28-2011, 04:01 AM
Whats up with the Portland Trailblazers always getting on ESPN and TNT? does anyone even really care about this team? For being such a mediocre team, they sure get alot of air time.

This is one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen. IF you think the blazers go on tv more than the lakers, celtics, heats... etc then you don't even watch basketball. :facepalm:

jimbobjarree
02-28-2011, 04:02 AM
Warriors and Clippers have been on way too much

aussie
02-28-2011, 04:41 AM
hornets have only had 2 espn games and 0 TNT

LA_Raiders
02-28-2011, 05:04 AM
NO, houston, Bucks, NJ, kings, charlotte, Toronto, they are never on TV...

The Jokemaker
02-28-2011, 07:30 AM
Heat. It seems as if one of their games is on every week meanwhile I can't even remember last time a Grizzlies game was broadcast. Even when they play the good teams they sitll don't air games.

FLMeth06
02-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Nuggets. I swear they're on TV at least 3 times a week,

Knickrocketsfan
02-28-2011, 10:34 AM
how bout the clippers. it seems like there on every night and they are garbage.

knickerbockerny
02-28-2011, 10:58 AM
The Bulls are almost guaranteed two national tv games a week.

nickdymez
02-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Lakers,I'm tired of seeing them all the time.
Seen this same team play for years,would rather see portland play.

The champs buddy

mttwlsn16
02-28-2011, 11:22 AM
I don't know if it's just me but it seems like the Clippers have been on nat'l TV at least once a week. They ****ing suck. If you want to see Blake Griffen so badly, watch the highlights after the game... that is the only thing worth watching with the Clips.

1. its griffin not griffen
2. theyve been on nat'l tv like 5x
3. u fail

mttwlsn16
02-28-2011, 11:23 AM
how bout the clippers. it seems like there on every night and they are garbage.

whaaaaaa??? they been on like 5x this year lol and to say theyre garbage...:facepalm:

Tarheels23
02-28-2011, 11:34 AM
ESPN should use a voting system like NBA TV's fan night.

ESPN uses their own broadcasting crew and sideline reporters, while NBATV just shows the team's local broadcasts.

benzni
02-28-2011, 11:43 AM
they should put other teams on. such as the nets, kings, t-wolves. you know. Different teams. They may not be the most exciting teams, but who wants to watch, miami, boston, lakers, and portland everytime there is a game on tnt or espn. Also they should bring back the nhl to espn

Flash3
02-28-2011, 11:44 AM
knicks havent been on much this year and they're actually a decent team

it seems like chicago is always on even on the seasons they suck.

Hustla23
02-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Honestly, I'm tired of all the Portland games.

Why not a few Grizzlies games here and there?

JRisdabest
02-28-2011, 11:53 AM
portland is on way too much............more blake griffin

Albrecht Duerer
02-28-2011, 11:57 AM
knicks havent been on much this year and they're actually a decent team

it seems like chicago is always on even on the seasons they suck.

As a Bulls fan, I think they're on ESPN way too much but they could be on TNT more. I hate the hacks that announce the games on ESPN. Id rather watch the games with the local announcers. TNT does it right though and I like the real talk and humor from Barkley and Smith.

THE GIPPER
02-28-2011, 12:01 PM
There are literally no other teams in the northwest region of america so the have to show blazers/nuggets

SeoulBeatz
02-28-2011, 12:19 PM

It's because 2 years ago, they were what OKC is now.

A young, up and coming team with great potential and excitement.

But with the destruction of both Roy and Oden's careers, they are a shell of them former selves, but those channels have contractual obilgations to teams that they thought would be hot tickets.

Next year, we probably won't be seeing nearly as many trailblazer games.

lvlheaded
02-28-2011, 12:27 PM
As a Knick fan that lives outside of the NY market, I would like to see the Knicks get on National TV a little more. They have only been on 4 or 5 times this year it seems like.

THE_G.O.A.T.
02-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Teams that get too much coverage: The Sunday afternoon four--Boston, Miami, Orlando, and the Lakers. With honorable mention to the Knicks (nobody outside of New York cares about them)

lvlheaded
02-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Teams that get too much coverage: The Sunday afternoon four--Boston, Miami, Orlando, and the Lakers. With honorable mention to the Knicks (nobody outside of New York cares about them)

Right, cause you cant go in the Knicks forum and see from the posters that the Knicks have a worldwide fan base. That was just pure ignorance :facepalm:

THE_G.O.A.T.
02-28-2011, 12:41 PM
:facepalm::facepalm:
Right, cause you cant go in the Knicks forum and see from the posters that the Knicks have a worldwide fan base. That was just pure ignorance :facepalm:

Some people are just basketball ******** I guess...go lose to the Cavs again

bahama0811
02-28-2011, 12:41 PM
The Celtics and the Lakers.

ManOnFire
02-28-2011, 12:45 PM
This is one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen. IF you think the blazers go on tv more than the lakers, celtics, heats... etc then you don't even watch basketball. :facepalm:

I never stated that they are more on tv than the lakers,celts or heat. I just mentioned that for not being an elite team, they sure get alot of tv coverage.Granted, not only elite teams should get coverage, but ive seen the trailblazers enough already. Wouldnt mind seeing another team.

kblo247
02-28-2011, 01:18 PM

To be fair LAL doesn't even get scheduled NBA TV games, just Fan Night and haven't gotten them for the past 2 years or so. They also have only had a hand full of TNT games and went about a month without a nationally televised game early this season

Bulls get alot of tv games when u add in WGN but I like watching them

The only teams that really bug me are the Clippers because they dont actually win games which makes highlight shows boring. Still pissed that LAL/POR got bumped for them

JLynn943
02-28-2011, 01:38 PM
I like watching them, but it seems like orlando is on every other day.

blacknell
02-28-2011, 01:57 PM
i wanna see the clippers play once

tbone2171
02-28-2011, 02:01 PM
The NBA in general...

chicago lulz
02-28-2011, 02:39 PM
no complaints on my end, just as long as they're good/competitive games ( which really can't be predicted).

lvlheaded
02-28-2011, 02:46 PM

The Knicks forum has people from all over the world in it, the Dominican, London, Germany, etc. To say that "nobody outside of New York cares about them." is like saying that NY is the only place people wear Yankees hats. Just blind ignorance.

And we beat the Bulls twice this year...so your argument makes you sound so smart. Good job :clap:

THE_G.O.A.T.
02-28-2011, 02:49 PM
I hate the Bulls

and you also lost to the Cavs

lvlheaded
02-28-2011, 02:56 PM
I hate the Bulls

and you also lost to the Cavs

My apologies, based off your "only people from NY care about the Knicks argument." I assumed since you were from Illinois you liked the Bulls since only people from Illinois care about the Bulls :facepalm:

Oh and the Lakers and Celtics also lost to the Cavs this year, so you keep shooting for the stars with that argument bud. :clap:

S-Dot
02-28-2011, 03:03 PM
EPSN/TNT needs a team to show during the 10:30 slot. Its not their fault Portland is one of the only teams in the west that can at least put on a good show at home.

SNYmets86
02-28-2011, 03:04 PM
i would love to see more memphis , t-wolves , and hornets games .

it's getting tiring watching blazers games

Jonathan2323
02-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Heat. It seems as if one of their games is on every week meanwhile I can't even remember last time a Grizzlies game was broadcast. Even when they play the good teams they sitll don't air games.

HEAT get the biggest ratings. This week the HEAT ae on TNT on thursday, ESPN on friday and ABC on sunday. lol

Knickrocketsfan
02-28-2011, 03:14 PM
whaaaaaa??? they been on like 5x this year lol and to say theyre garbage...:facepalm:

im sorry but they should not be on prime time ever this year. Only reason is because of how espn overrates Blake.

Knickrocketsfan
02-28-2011, 03:16 PM

yea, b/c losing to one team defines how good you are