PDA

View Full Version : Sources (I know): Troy Murphy bought out

shep33
02-28-2011, 02:11 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6166159

No surprise Miami and Boston in the mix. Likely gone to Boston.

B.JenningsMVP
02-28-2011, 02:13 AM
he's going to nj

KDM1986
02-28-2011, 02:14 AM
Boston has been mentioned all along. He will end up their.

shep33
02-28-2011, 02:16 AM
yeah he'll go to the Celts. He's big at 6'11, not really a good defender, but a very very good shooter when left alone. He's a good rebounder, but I mean I think this is just insurance for the Celts. Don't know how much he'd actually play

Chacarron
02-28-2011, 02:16 AM
As part of the buyout, he agreed to sign with an Eastern Conference team.

http://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/42079693490356224

Murphy has to sign w/ a team before Tuesday to be eligible for a playoff roster. He promised to sign w/ an East team as part of GSW deal.

John Walls Era
02-28-2011, 02:17 AM
Its not like the Warriors are going to make the playoffs (right?), why does it matter if he goes East?

Nighthawk
02-28-2011, 02:18 AM
Murphy will be well welcomed if he does indeed end up in Boston. We could use his rebounding and length as well as that stroke.

BallIsAll
02-28-2011, 02:20 AM
ehh he has hardly played

shep33
02-28-2011, 02:21 AM
Its not like the Warriors are going to make the playoffs (right?), why does it matter if he goes East?

I was wondering the same thing...maybe to not stengthen the lakers, haha I have no idea. He's always wanted to be a Celtic, so I'd expect him to sign there, but I don't know how many minutes he'd get. KG and Baby already at the 4, with Jeff Green maybe getting a couple there (most at the 3 though), Shaq, JO, and Kristic at the C's. I don't know if Doc would actually like adding these guys this late, wouldn't it be frustrating trying to integrate new guys being brought in with only like 20 games to the playoffs?

gotoHcarolina52
02-28-2011, 02:24 AM
Boston is likely. I hope he signs with the Heat, but it's unlikely that he will.

dodgersuck
excellent. I would ****ing puke if I ever saw him in a Warrior jersey again

PurpleJesus
im thinking maybe cleveland???

Nighthawk
02-28-2011, 02:26 AM
I was wondering the same thing...maybe to not stengthen the lakers, haha I have no idea. He's always wanted to be a Celtic, so I'd expect him to sign there, but I don't know how many minutes he'd get. KG and Baby already at the 4, with Jeff Green maybe getting a couple there (most at the 3 though), Shaq, JO, and Kristic at the C's. I don't know if Doc would actually like adding these guys this late, wouldn't it be frustrating trying to integrate new guys being brought in with only like 20 games to the playoffs?

SHAQ and J.O will be limited in the minutes they play during the regular season. Kristic is our lone C. KG could sure use the rest down the stretch. Green will most likely play the 3. Murphy could see time at the 5 as well. He'll get minutes, depending on his play.

Frrrrank!!!
02-28-2011, 02:31 AM
The Celtics sure do need him.

shep33
02-28-2011, 02:33 AM
SHAQ and J.O will be limited in the minutes they play during the regular season. Kristic is our lone C. KG could sure use the rest down the stretch. Green will most likely play the 3. Murphy could see time at the 5 as well. He'll get minutes, depending on his play.

Your a Celtic fan, do you think that with Shaq and JO missing long stretches and coming back right before the playoffs may be somewhat detrimental to the team? One thing I find with the Celts is that they build their chemistry on defense, offensively I think they'll be fine, but getting Shaq back into doing his proper rotations etc, and now teaching the new guys about stuff... do you think it'll be a problem for this team?

believeinNYK
02-28-2011, 02:34 AM
And he's gone to the celtics

kntresistheheat
02-28-2011, 02:36 AM
He would get more minutes in Miami.

Nighthawk
02-28-2011, 02:39 AM
Your a Celtic fan, do you think that with Shaq and JO missing long stretches and coming back right before the playoffs may be somewhat detrimental to the team? One thing I find with the Celts is that they build their chemistry on defense, offensively I think they'll be fine, but getting Shaq back into doing his proper rotations etc, and now teaching the new guys about stuff... do you think it'll be a problem for this team?

no at all

I also dont think SHAQ and J.O will miss EVERY game left in the regular season and then just show up. Shaq has looked GREAT in the games he's played in. JO on defense has looked real good. His offense is still meh..I think they''ll come back with about 10-15 games left, get right and head into the post season. Shaq and J.O are long time vets, i think theyll be fine. Ainge didnt sign both Oneals to play 82 regular season games. They were signed for the playoffs

shep33
02-28-2011, 02:44 AM
no at all

I also dont think SHAQ and J.O will miss EVERY game left in the regular season and then just show up. Shaq has looked GREAT in the games he's played in. JO on defense has looked real good. His offense is still meh..I think they''ll come back with about 10-15 games left, get right and head into the post season. Shaq and J.O are long time vets, i think theyll be fine. Ainge didnt sign both Oneals to play 82 regular season games. They were signed for the playoffs

Ah, I see. Yeah, just wanted a Celtic fan's opinion, I think you guys will be fine. Still the faves out east for sure

MELO 15
02-28-2011, 02:45 AM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned new york, we need a big, he can shoot the three so he fits right in, and he can rebound the ball, and you know minutes will be there for him

heyman321
02-28-2011, 02:52 AM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned new york, we need a big, he can shoot the three so he fits right in, and he can rebound the ball, and you know minutes will be there for him

Cause he wants to win this thing called a championship, and the Knicks are not winning it this year.

shep33
02-28-2011, 02:53 AM

yeah I agree, that'd be a really good fit for him, actually a perfect fit. Haha but at the same time, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he always wanted to play for the Celts (hence his name), and that Boston had really been after him this year.

New York should go hard after him though, actually makes perfect sense for both parties. But I understand him going to Boston, even though he'd play far less, Boston still are the faves out east... up to him, I'm guessing Boston still

Boston needs an Irish Catholic player.

Raph12
02-28-2011, 03:20 AM
Boston or Orlando