PDA

View Full Version : Did Boston trade a injured player?

LakersMaster24
02-28-2011, 01:02 AM
First day Kendrick Perkins arrived at Oklahoma City, it was soon discovered that he had knee problems that were caused during a game while he was with the Celtics. As you know he is going to miss 2-3 weeks. So did Boston trade a injured player? And is Perkins turning into a injury prone player?

ClipperfanKevin
02-28-2011, 01:10 AM
1. OKC has every right to rescind the trade in the event that the players they receive don't pass a physical. This tells me that OKC knew about the injury going in. Its a minor injury, so no big deal.
2. Celtics didn't trade him because of the injury, they moved him because he didn't agree to the extension they offered.
3. How do you label a player injury prone? All big bangers down low are "injury prone". First of all, they have extra weight to carry around, and it's not good on the knees, ankles, and feet. Second, outside of the "soft" big men, there is a ton of contact going on down low, equating to more wear and tear. NBA players are human, they hurt like you and I hurt. You try bouncing off 200 pounds running at full speed.

LakersMaster24
02-28-2011, 01:20 AM
I am not saying anything, I know their human. But he missed 6 months after the knee injury in Game 6, and now he hurt his knee again. All I am saying is that is he becoming a player that will constantly have probelms with knees such as Bynum or Greg Oden (not as bad as Oden)

iggypop123
02-28-2011, 01:22 AM
celtics knew, they lied. im sure the thunder knew this. im hearing its a 7-10 day thing even though it says 2-3 weeks. we shall see. if he takes forever it will be tough. he needs to build chemistry with that squad.

Ragun
02-28-2011, 01:27 AM
they traded marquis daniels too...

SeoulBeatz
02-28-2011, 01:35 AM
wack.

Chitownhero14
02-28-2011, 01:37 AM
Part of the reason why Boston made the trade, Perkins has bad knees its going to be a Brandon Roy type of deal or Greg Oden deal!

shep33
02-28-2011, 01:39 AM
OKC coulda called it off I'm sure, can't blame Boston

Mishmin
02-28-2011, 01:51 AM
Come on man. They do physicals, it's not like Boston was pulling a fast one on the Thunder. Whether or not Perkins will become injury prone is unknown, but the deal was mostly about money, not injury.

Gibby
02-28-2011, 02:47 AM
Intially i thought there could be something fishy but then realized no organization is stupid. Perkins passed the physical to make the trade work so i dont think boston lied.

If anything i think Boston knew perkins had the risk of getting injured but OKC took the chance.

chicago lulz
02-28-2011, 02:50 AM
Disregard the physicals players have to take before the trade is finished.
Both teams knew what they were doing.

Raph12
02-28-2011, 03:09 AM
1. OKC has every right to rescind the trade in the event that the players they receive don't pass a physical. This tells me that OKC knew about the injury going in. Its a minor injury, so no big deal.
2. Celtics didn't trade him because of the injury, they moved him because he didn't agree to the extension they offered.
3. How do you label a player injury prone? All big bangers down low are "injury prone". First of all, they have extra weight to carry around, and it's not good on the knees, ankles, and feet. Second, outside of the "soft" big men, there is a ton of contact going on down low, equating to more wear and tear. NBA players are human, they hurt like you and I hurt. You try bouncing off 200 pounds running at full speed.

Pretty much sums up this thread question's answer...

LTBaByyy
02-28-2011, 03:11 AM
They shouldve kept Tyson Chandler when he injured traded to OKC

He wouldve been the better fit

LA_Raiders
02-28-2011, 03:14 AM
Perk wont be the same. He will slow down the speedy OKC

Anilyzer
02-28-2011, 03:45 AM
yeah the MSNBC article said that Perkins injured the knee in his final game with the Celtics, and that was one of the reasons Boston wanted to trade him, and that OKC
knew. They were told 7-10 days, but now are hearing 14-21 days, but want to take it
easy because he just missed 6 months with the injury and most of the season already.

Wow OKC should rescind that deal immediately if they can. Or are they just trying to bulk up for next year or what is up with that.

Ainge. This is another reason for fans to dislike Boston and Ainge.

AntiG
02-28-2011, 04:01 AM
it's allowed in the NBA. all teams consented and knew what was going on.

SANDBURG23
02-28-2011, 04:03 AM
Apperantley.