PDA

View Full Version : Live by the Bron Die by the Bron

Bigbadmoffo
02-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Lebron is the best player in the nba but that comes at a cost. Lebron isn't clutch and he isn't willing to let anyone finish games. What this means is no matter who he plays with or for his team will dominate but he will always take the big shots and that is why Lebron doesn't have a title. He's the greatest none clutch player of all time in my opinion.

THE MTL
02-27-2011, 11:55 PM
Lebron is the best player in the nba but that comes at a cost. Lebron isn't clutch and he isn't willing to let anyone finish games. What this means is no matter who he plays with or for his team will dominate but he will always take the big shots and that is why Lebron doesn't have a title. He's the greatest none clutch player of all time in my opinion.

Imma tell u this. STFU!!!!

U clearly forgot the playoff series where Lebron dished it to a WIDE OPEN Donyell Marshall who missed it!

Ppl talk about Lebron because he doesnt have the killer instinct when it comes down to the stretch.

U couldnt be MORE WRONG about Lebron.

stawka
lol

carnage101

don't really understand why the best player on that team can't take the game ending shot (wade) lebron always misses....

JNA17
02-27-2011, 11:56 PM
in before lock

marlinsfan24
02-27-2011, 11:56 PM
I don't understand why they even brought House and Miller in then. Might as well brought out Anthony and Damp to go for the rebound because Lebron is a ******.

BigBlueCrew
02-27-2011, 11:57 PM
I love this thread title!

MiamiWadeCounty
02-27-2011, 11:58 PM

Lol, you are completely wrong. Lebron statistically is pretty clutch and he does look to pass sometimes. Mike Miller, Eddie House, Bosh, and Wade have both had game-winning opportunities this year. The reason why Lebron didn't pass is because he had an easy layup until Amare made a nice defensive play. Amare was on Joel Anthony so he didn't even have to guard him.

Gambeezy
02-28-2011, 12:00 AM

Guess you didn't watch the Lakers game earlier when Kobe ball-hogged and nearly shot his team out of a win because he's their "clutch closer". He went 1-4 in the last 2 minutes and change. Good D down the stretch won the Lakers that game.

Singling out LeBron for something that others do as well seems a bit unnecessary.

/thread

b@llhog24
02-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Lol, you are completely wrong. Lebron statistically is pretty clutch and he does look to pass sometimes. Mike Miller, Eddie House, Bosh, and Wade have both had game-winning opportunities this year. The reason why Lebron didn't pass is because he had an easy layup until Amare made a nice defensive play. Amare was on Joel Anthony so he didn't even have to guard him.

I think he means game-winning shot type clutch :shrug:

b@llhog24
02-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Also in b4 lock

showtym24
02-28-2011, 12:02 AM

Pretty sure he was referring to the three at the end.

NBA-GMaster
02-28-2011, 12:02 AM
:down: BOOO!! Just close this thread..

carnage101
02-28-2011, 12:03 AM
Guess you didn't watch the Lakers game earlier when Kobe ball-hogged and nearly shot his team out of a win because he's their "clutch closer". He went 1-4 in the last 2 minutes and change. Good D down the stretch won the Lakers that game.

Singling out LeBron for something that others do as well seems a bit unnecessary.

/thread

i could be wrong but didn't he hit a bunch of free throws too?

turnaround3
02-28-2011, 12:04 AM
I admittedly do not like the Heat. But I hated the Heat long before it was trendy. Back when the Bulls were consistently meeting them in the first round of the playoffs and James Posey was shineboxing Kirk Hinrich in true thug fashion. But this isn't a biased opinion because what I'm going to say doesn't relate to the Bulls, the Knicks, or any other team. It's strictly Heat related:

It is moronic to consistently allow James to take the last shot with the game on the line, time after time.

First of all, it allows the defense to completely focus on him, knowing that the ball isn't going anywhere else.

Secondly, it's been said, but he really does struggle in those final second pressure situations. Has he made the shot or the drive before? Sure. But given a hundred chances, (probably more at this point in his career) anyone would have a few handful of game winning highlights. So please don't throw youtube videos at me. We've all seen James come up short in this spot consistently.

Finally, you have Dwyane Wade on your team. Much as I don't like him, I have no issue admitting he genuinely is one of the most clutch players in the game. He can slash, he can shoot, he can penetrate, he can create, and he does it all very, very well at crunch time. And it's like he's almost entirely forgotten at this point in regards to locking it down at the end.

It truly astounds me how they continue to let James kill them at the buzzer, time after time.

The Jokemaker
02-28-2011, 12:05 AM
Agreed. He's never really been that kind of player. He's more like Peyton Manning of a few years ago before he won the Superbowl.

superkegger
When you say live by bron and die by bron, thats pretty much how it is with all superstars.

chicago lulz

He's actually passed on game winners
example: against the Thunder he passed it to House for the winner.

KnicksR4Real
02-28-2011, 12:07 AM
Go ny go ny go

Crackadalic
02-28-2011, 12:09 AM
I much as i hate the heat theirs no reason to hate lebron. He's a damn good player.

Gambeezy
02-28-2011, 12:09 AM
i could be wrong but didn't he hit a bunch of free throws too?

Yea, he hit two clutch free throws at the end. Gotta give credit to the Knicks Defense though for this win. The thread topic is silly though.

goblazers7
02-28-2011, 12:10 AM
What is basketball?

turnaround3
When you say live by bron and die by bron, thats pretty much how it is with all superstars.

Other superstars don't have a secondary option named Dwyane Wade.

asandhu23
in

jkcronyn
lebron wade and bosh were a combined -3.... dampier was +15 SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME

Albrecht Duerer
Be honest. James had an awful sequence down the stretch. He had that inexplicable turnover to Billups, then he had his junk blocked in the lane by Stoudemire, but the coupe de grace was another 3 pt attempt to tie that, once again, wasn't really close.

I find it interesting that two games ago, when Miami played Chicago, Rose kicked the ball out to Deng and Chicago won when he did. James has tried to do it all himself with the game on the line and has failed miserably both of the last two times.

D1JM
02-28-2011, 12:11 AM
I just don't get why they completely ignore wade. By now we know the bron is taking that last shot.

Apophis
02-28-2011, 12:11 AM
lmao...funny thread...

godolphins
02-28-2011, 12:12 AM
Why didn't anyone create a thread about Kevin Durant not being clutch?
He missed the game tying three just like Lebron did tonight and nobody is talking about it but when it's Lebron every hater get's a boner

carnage101
what i don't get is why wade doesn't close out the game, he clearly is the best offensive player on the heat

bovice163
Asandhu, I think I laughed at your sig for a good 5 minutes :laugh:

Madtown22
02-28-2011, 12:13 AM
lebron has a few options now

carnage101
He missed the game tying three just like Lebron did tonight and nobody is talking about it but when it's Lebron every hater get's a boner

durant hasn't claimed he was gonna win 7 rings before winning one.... plus durant has hit that 3 this year several times in game ending situations....

AddiX
It's clear Bron wants to solidify himself as "the man" in Miami. This is two big games where he took all the shots at the end of the game.

Last I checked, Wade is the better scorer.

Same thing happened last time we beat them btw.

lakersrnumber1
02-28-2011, 12:14 AM
bron is a good player but he wont win a ring until he learns how 2 control the pressure of hitting the big shot. Why the heats dont run the final shot through wade i have no clue hes the only clutch player they have over there. If they want 2 win give the ball 2 wade hes a killer but then again pass it 2 bron so they go fishing early this year go knicks good game

LA_Raiders
Melo schooled LeBroom tonite

turnaround3

Because not a whole ton of people hate Kevin Durant?

Pretty simple question.

AddiX
durant hasn't claimed he was gonna win 7 rings before winning one.... plus durant has hit that 3 this year several times in game ending situations....

+ Durant isn't a selfish attention craving prick.

Time2Dieeee
02-28-2011, 12:15 AM
where the hell is newyorksuk4eva when u did him!!!

btw nice title thread..im surprised u didnt go with..LeChoke or Lebron for the 3!!NOT

king4day
02-28-2011, 12:16 AM
That ball in the end was going in. Amar'e had good help D and blocked the shot. People need to stop having tunnel vision into how much they hate this guy.
Why should he be the one to shoot it? He drove to the hole but there was good help D. That's all.

Gritz
02-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Damn I've never seen a player under so much scrutinity...

Kevin Durant and James Harden both missed potential game tyers, where's their threads?

godolphins
02-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Lebron has also made some clutch shots this season

Albrecht Duerer
what i don't get is why wade doesn't close out the game, he clearly is the best offensive player on the heat

He's not the greatest 3 pt shooter.

Arch Stanton
Wade should take over. He's clutch. LeBron isn't!

turnaround3
02-28-2011, 12:18 AM

He's better at it than James.

BigBlueCrew
02-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Skip Bayless is gonna have a field day with prince James tommorrow.

CANT WAIT!

carnage101

statistically neither is lebron but when i say close the games wade should have the ball in his hands under 2 minutes creating shots....

Albrecht Duerer

Yeah, but the Heat have Mike Miller and the 3 pt contest champion. WTH

Jahari Kavi
02-28-2011, 12:21 AM

lol pretty much...game winning misses happen a lot..even to the greats...Miami's biggest problem is

a.) Half court offense
b.) playing consistent throughout a game
c.) Not running enough
d.) Learning how to close opponents out on both ends of the floor in tight ball games....this is where they have lost a majority of their games

A good sign (for Miami fans) is that they clearly have the capability to win these games, since they are close...but they have to do a much better job collectively of sealing the deal.........

Ill21
02-28-2011, 12:22 AM
statistically neither is lebron but when i say close the games wade should have the ball in his hands under 2 minutes creating shots....

that thing in your sig scare me lol.

Jahari Kavi
02-28-2011, 12:22 AM
Yeah, but the Heat have Mike Miller and the 3 pt contest champion. WTH

Mike Miller missed against Boston...I had no problem with the last two plays....But I am surprised James Jones doesn't get any time down the stretch...he's your best 3 point shooter and is deadly from the corner.......

godolphins
02-28-2011, 12:23 AM
Damn I've never seen a player under so much scrutinity...

Kevin Durant and James Harden both missed potential game tyers, where's their threads?

And KD is not even a clutch player overall:
Before we go any further let's take a quick look at Durant's current "clutch" statistics as recorded by 82games.com. During the last five minutes and overtime of a game in which neither team is ahead by more than five points, Durant is averaging 45.9 points per 48 minutes, .415 FG percentage, and .111 3PT percentage

From bleacher report

Korman12
02-28-2011, 12:23 AM

Sure, .320 > .341.

Also career .294 > .330

Why even say that when it's so easy to find out you're wrong?

Kashmir13579
02-28-2011, 12:24 AM
lock.

Sandman
02-28-2011, 12:25 AM
The most selfish act was his dopey traveling move.

carnage101
02-28-2011, 12:26 AM

lol ur not the only one who's said that

meloman1592
Lebron is the best player in the nba through the 1st 47 min. The last minute kobe is

Melo4Mvp
In before the lock.

ElMarroAfamado
damn I should just save my comments so I can comment them using a shortcut or something...can I?
Once again...he cant shoot and wont, The Knicks know this so they obviously predict he will go to the hoop, they block it. Then, being down 3 Lebrick chucks up a 3 and misses horribly. Again.
Lebrick never seems to amaze me

Gritz
02-28-2011, 12:27 AM
Sure, .320 > .341.

Also career .294 > .330

neither of the numbers are anything to rave about lol :p

carnage101
02-28-2011, 12:28 AM
Sure, .320 > .341.

Also career .294 > .330

i think we can safely agree neither are good but the point still remains wade should have the ball in his hands 2 min or under

turnaround3
02-28-2011, 12:28 AM
And KD is not even a clutch player overall:
Before we go any further let's take a quick look at Durant's current "clutch" statistics as recorded by 82games.com. During the last five minutes and overtime of a game in which neither team is ahead by more than five points, Durant is averaging 45.9 points per 48 minutes, .415 FG percentage, and .111 3PT percentage

From bleacher report

Dude nobody cares about Durant. People hate James. Probably about time to start accepting it.

Gritz
02-28-2011, 12:29 AM
Lebron is the best player in the nba through the 1st 47 min. The last minute kobe is

lmao

turnaround3
02-28-2011, 12:30 AM
Sure, .320 > .341.

Also career .294 > .330

Nah I'm pretty comfortable with my position. I've watched enough Heat games. James is allowed so much space he gets tremendous open looks at the 3 consistently (bricks most of em regardless). Contested, I'll take Wade every time.

blahblahyoutoo
02-28-2011, 12:32 AM
lebron should've tried to break down the D and dish to a wide open shooter. he's not a good 3 shooter.

and to be fair, he was fouled by melo on the previous possession.

carnage101
02-28-2011, 12:32 AM
Winner.Colin Firth for A Kings Speech. Loser LeBron James.A Kings Crying.

b@llhog24
02-28-2011, 12:37 AM

exactly i cringe everytime i see it

Badluck33
02-28-2011, 12:41 AM
wacka wacka wacka!

hyb152
02-28-2011, 12:43 AM
This is a joke. Lebron's made plenty of game winning shots, buzzer beats, etc. He's also missed many, just like Kobe, Pierce, Wade, Carmelo, etc. Lebron also looks to pass a lot more than guys like Kobe and Pierce. Lebron trusts his teammates, but last time I checked, his guys in Cleveland like Donyell Marshall, Larry Hughes, and Daniel Gibson missed clutch shots.

Bornknick73
02-28-2011, 12:44 AM
I guess this would be bad time to point out

Stoudemire>>>>>Bosh

STAT 16 & 10

Bosh 20 & 12

Yet it was like he was just another player. Stoudemire's stature and presence had more of a impact on the game then Bosh did. He put up lesser numbers but he impacted the game way more. His 16 & 10 was a franchise players 16&10. And a block at the last second to save the game.

For those who watched the game tonight you can finally understand why people say Stoudemire is better. He has a presence on the court, a intense vibe that impacts the game more then numbers do. SWAG!!! His attitude alone would have Miami as THE top team in the NBA if he was on your team.

Bosh puts up numbers but when your back is against the wall Id rather go to war with STAT.

rickshaw
02-28-2011, 12:47 AM
i think we can safely agree neither are good but the point still remains wade should have the ball in his hands 2 min or under

http://www.82games.com/0910/CSORT11.HTM
http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM

carnage101
02-28-2011, 12:51 AM
http://www.82games.com/0910/CSORT11.HTM
http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM

way to prove me wrong but i think 5 min is awfully long try mayb 2?

Supreme LA
02-28-2011, 12:51 AM
It's not that Lebron isn't clutch. It's because Lebron can't shoot and expecting him to hit a clutch jumpshot is a really big gamble in my opinion. The Heat are much better suited if they let Wade have the ball on the last possession.

Gambeezy
02-28-2011, 12:52 AM
Melo calling this one a statement game. I guess the loss to Cleveland wasn't a statement game.

LayZbone
02-28-2011, 12:52 AM
I guess this would be bad time to point out

Stoudemire>>>>>Bosh

STAT 16 & 10

Bosh 20 & 12

Yet it was like he was just another player. Stoudemire's stature and presence had more of a impact on the game then Bosh did. He put up lesser numbers but he impacted the game way more. His 16 & 10 was a franchise players 16&10. And a block at the last second to save the game.

For those who watched the game tonight you can finally understand why people say Stoudemire is better. He has a presence on the court, a intense vibe that impacts the game more then numbers do. SWAG!!! His attitude alone would have Miami as THE top team in the NBA if he was on your team.

Bosh puts up numbers but when your back is against the wall Id rather go to war with STAT.

No question. But Bosh is a damn good 3rd option, something Amare would've never accepted being behind Wade & Lebron. Wade only signed here because Bosh agreed to sign also, otherwise he'd be a Bull. And then of course Lebron made his decision. So Bosh was the key to getting all 3 in Miami, whereas Amare already signed with NY early on. So comparing him in Miami to Bosh in Miami is a moot point.

carnage101
02-28-2011, 12:53 AM
amare said he would have listened if they had called him but they never did

Gambeezy
02-28-2011, 12:55 AM
Everyone talking about Wade finishing this game, you do realize that he only had 12 points tonight and those were all in the paint right?

Yea, put the ball in his hands on a terrible shooting night.

Gambeezy
02-28-2011, 12:56 AM
Winner.Colin Firth for A Kings Speech. Loser LeBron James.A Kings Crying.

joke fail

Do you know what a colon is? Stop abusing periods.

latinofire21
02-28-2011, 12:56 AM
I think everyone is missing the point the OP is trying to make.

I dont care about the statistics you can pull with the percentages from Iamastatisticsnerd.com ect, in the end of the game Miami's offense has become to predictable.

In the games nationally televised Lebron has tried to be the show. Hes done it in both Knicks games and has cost Miami the game both times doing that. He has the best 2 and 3 options in the league but he commands the ball soo much in those tight games he doesnt allow Wade or Bosh to get in a rhythm. You can look at the stat sheet for yourself. In a game were the Knicks played some incredible defense and shot like crap they still pulled out the W because Wade never got going. The games we got crushed by the heat Wade went off. The end of the games both times when they lost to NY Lebron went 1 v 5 and everyone was prepared for it. Its a lot easier to defend something when you know its coming and those last couple minutes have become far too predictable for Miami.

As to the references with Durant vs Lebron, it shouldn't even be commented. Durant is the poster child of what superstars should be doing for the franchises. No Decision, quitely signing the extension and playing good basketball. Durant did miss the game winner but it wasnt predictable because Oklahoma shares the ball a whole lot better then Miami does.

What bothers me the most about all the Miami fans defending lebron instead of crucifying him is that they have the 3 point champ this year, Mike Miller who they signed for this type of situation, Eddie House (one of the most clutch 3 point shooters still in the league) and a perennial all star closer in D wade and he decides he needs to take the 3 pointer. LMAO he makes your team too predictable because he always wants to be the king, the savior, the man, and its hurting your team.

Cant wait until the playoffs when he does this crap every night and makes the series a lot longer then they need to be because of it.

Lebron created this media frenzy since the summer and is trying to put the team on his back like he did in Cleveland. I dont think we have seen what Miami can really do because Lebron controls the game too much and doesnt let Miami really get going because of that.

Oldmantrash
02-28-2011, 12:57 AM
Everyone talking about Wade finishing this game, you do realize that he only had 12 points tonight and those were all in the paint right?

Don't care,would rather have it in Wade's hands at the end of the game any day.

He's always been a better closer than Lebron,not a better all around player,but a better closer.

WrongIslander
02-28-2011, 12:57 AM
Thought Bosh did well and hit some important shots, the guy is money from 12-15 and that's important to keep the counter ticking over. There's no doubt Amar'e is the bigger presence, that's his game. Bosh plays like an oversized SF that likes to get in close, still when he does he's pretty much impossible to stop.

Both teams still have a lot to learn and a way to go, but both teams will be the ones to watch for the future if they keep going the way they are.

We'll both lose games and come in for stick but that's just because people want us both to fail for different reasons.

I'll take good odds that either of us win the East at least in the next 2-3 years.

WrongIslander
02-28-2011, 12:58 AM
amare said he would have listened if they had called him but they never did

Amar'e would suck in Miami, that dude needed NY as much as we needed him! He's our leader, he feeds of playing for NY, it suits his persona.

kobe24>lebron23
02-28-2011, 12:58 AM

How can you be the best without being clutch?

KingPosey
02-28-2011, 01:02 AM
I think you are misinformed. LBJ does NOT want to take jumpshots at the end of the game. If it has to be a 3 pt or a deep jumper, he is gonna pass it. So be informed, or it just looks like you are baiting.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-28-2011, 01:05 AM
Yea Lebron is one of those guys who is either going brick or going in when it comes to a game winner.

I'd still take Lebron dominating trying to avoid those types of situation though.

Albrecht Duerer
02-28-2011, 01:10 AM
How can you be the best without being clutch?

Because the last minute of the game is only 1/48th of the game.

kobe24>lebron23

Well I mean Kobe has bad shooting nights as well and they still go to him in the clutch! Just cuz it's not your night doesn't mean u can't shoot the last shot if your the best player on the team...

koLohe2133
Lebron has no heart

silvTeg98
02-28-2011, 01:17 AM
silly, kobe is the best player not lebron

believeinNYK
02-28-2011, 01:22 AM
They need to give wade the ball in those clutch moments

TO to the CHI
02-28-2011, 01:22 AM
I like the statistics that people add to these discussions (seriously) because I think it adds a lot of context. However, in this case, I have to point out that, as a guy who does not like the Heat, I was hoping to see LeBron take the shots at the end of today's game and Thursday's game. And I do think that he is the best player in the world (and it's not close imo), but still I felt comfortable with him shooting.

I chalk this one up to sometimes needing to just trust your eyes/gut rather than stats.

Gambeezy
02-28-2011, 01:26 AM
silly, kobe is the best player not lebron

Rose > Kobe
Lebron > Kobe

How do ya like them apples?

STA_PLAR
02-28-2011, 01:28 AM
Best Player through the first three and a half quarters in the league...best player in blow out games.....

But I would def take a handful of players over him in the clutch!

Even though I am a knick fan ...I'm a fan of great players and I hope Lebron hits some clutch shots this yr in the playoffs...bc people hate on him way too much

nickdymez
02-28-2011, 01:28 AM
I like the statistics that people add to these discussions (seriously) because I think it adds a lot of context. However, in this case, I have to point out that, as a guy who does not like the Heat, I was hoping to see LeBron take the shots at the end of today's game and Thursday's game. And I do think that he is the best player in the world (and it's not close imo), but still I felt comfortable with him shooting.

I chalk this one up to sometimes needing to just trust your eyes/gut rather than stats.

I guess your not watching any other teams in the league

silvTeg98
02-28-2011, 01:29 AM
Rose > Kobe
Lebron > Kobe

yeah and im a Heat fan. rose over kobe? what a joke :facepalm:

nickdymez
02-28-2011, 01:29 AM
Rose > Kobe
Lebron > Kobe

kobe = 5 rings

Lebron = 0 rings

Rose = 0 rings

How you like them apples?

silvTeg98
02-28-2011, 01:31 AM
at a boy nick

Raps18-19 Champ
02-28-2011, 01:33 AM
Well I mean Kobe has bad shooting nights as well and they still go to him in the clutch! Just cuz it's not your night doesn't mean u can't shoot the last shot if your the best player on the team...

Lebron was 10-19 before he took that shot and Wade was 5-15.

I mean Wade probably is the better player in terms of taking that last shot but I'd take over 50% over 33% most days.

And Lebron is better than Wade...

Gambeezy
02-28-2011, 01:33 AM
kobe = 5 rings

Lebron = 0 rings

Rose = 0 rings

How you like them apples?

Living in the past?

This is the present....Where Kobe isn't the greatest player in the league today.

Sorry

Avenged
02-28-2011, 01:42 AM
Flame frenzy. This one has ran it's course.