PDA

View Full Version : Starting To Jel at the Right Time

kendodgerfan
02-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Well here we are again on another home stretch push for the playoffs and that sense of urgency and energy has miraculously appeared on this Lakers team once again.

Is it really a surprise to anyone?? I for one was starting to have some doubts about whether or not this team could still compete at the level they attained the last two seasons after bitter losses to Charlotte and Cleveland before the All Star break.

However, they have returned with that defensive mind set and focus that I have been looking for in them all season. With about 20 games left they seem to be sprinting for the finish line and gearing up for the playoffs.

Pau looks re-energized, Kobe looks fierce and spry, and even Ron Artest has started to come back to his 2010 form. And with Matt Barnes coming back to give them a huge lift, the load will be lightened on the SF position where Kobe has been logging extra minutes.

Whether they are a 2 seed or 3 seed in the west, with or without HCA in the playoffs, this will be a team to be reckoned with come April. Watch out San Antonio, Boston, Miami, and Dallas. Lakers are a comin!

Kobes a Killer
02-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Actually it's spelt Gel. And yes they are... 4-0 since the all star break, enough is enough

Albrecht Duerer
02-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Maybe Im wrong but it seems like the Lakers kind of have a kid brother thing going with OKC,... at least until Perkins gets back.

Maybe Im wrong but Kobe also seems a little rejuvinated from his all star game experience.

GREATNESS ONE
02-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Looking good and I think we just saw a preview of the Western Conference finals game today. Perkins with OKC makes them a formidable opponent.

lakers4sho
02-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Looking good and I think we just saw a preview of the Western Conference finals game today. Perkins with OKC makes them a formidable opponent.

Except that with Perkins on the floor, the Thunder will be forced to play a slower game, which plays right into our strength.

Bruno
02-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Lakers are 4-0 post ASG weekend, winning by an average of 11.25 points per game. The Laker defense has held opponents to 90.7 ppg since ASG weekend, 5.5 points below the teams season average of 96.2 opponent points per game.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2011.html

GREATNESS ONE
02-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Except that with Perkins on the floor, the Thunder will be forced to play a slower game, which plays right into our strength.

I agree, we still hold the advantage in size and we'll win the series but that's a good young team.

lakersrnumber1
02-27-2011, 10:11 PM
hey did anyone catch kobe throw a towel in odoms face after he missed the 2 free throw lol he was like get together that was rude but i had 2 laugh it was 2 fuuny here the link
http://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh8C447Rq6yW8Hwbc7

limeytech
02-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Actually it's spelt Gel. And yes they are... 4-0 since the all star break, enough is enough
It is actually Jell which is to take shape and achieve distinctness : become cohesive
Gel is the colored gels that lighting people use on lights for effects

midwestlaker75
02-27-2011, 10:43 PM
So far,so good,These are the Lakers I have been looking for all season. These Lakers look focused and ready to play. That's what had been bothering me all season, they looked like they just didn't give a damn. The road trip featuring games against San Antonio,Dallas,Miami and Atlanta will tell a lot about their renewed focus. But as of today they look ready to roll.

LakerPride
02-27-2011, 11:14 PM
we dont have barnes yet... so it may be too early to tell

IDB Josh M
02-27-2011, 11:15 PM
hey did anyone catch kobe throw a towel in odoms face after he missed the 2 free throw lol he was like get together that was rude but i had 2 laugh it was 2 fuuny here the link

I lov the Ghetto Gangsta's doing commentary, because Lamar did done ****ed up.

lakersrnumber1
02-28-2011, 12:06 AM
yea it was funny nobody else could of got away with that except kobe

Iron24th
02-28-2011, 12:27 AM
I think it's more of we finally decided to play defense,it changes everything.

shep33
02-28-2011, 01:11 AM
Gotta keep this intensity vs bad teams though... Twolves next, and we can't let our guard down.

LADTXR
02-28-2011, 01:11 AM
Maybe Im wrong but it seems like the Lakers kind of have a kid brother thing going with OKC,... at least until Perkins gets back.

Maybe Im wrong but Kobe also seems a little rejuvinated from his all star game experience.

I think Kobe forced way too many shots today, the thunder played good D on him and it took him 22 shots to get 17 points and against the blazers he took 31 shots. Especially against the thunder today without perkins they needed to get bynum and gasol the ball more and hopefully get bynum's confidence back up as he hasn't done much offensively lately. Bynum taking 6 shots a game is not gonna cut it when he shoots over 50%. Good thing ron ron has finally decided to show up these last couple games or else we wouldn't be 4-0 since the AS break.

In my opinion for the lakers to make a run in the playoffs Bynum needs to score at least 15 and gasol and kobe in the 20's cuz very rarely is kobe gonna score in the 30's efficiently anymore.

Yuri
02-28-2011, 01:17 AM
just came back from my trip in asia and it sucked watching them lose to the cavs etc, but yeah hopefully we rack up more wins towards the playoffs! having barnes back would definitely help!

dc5jdm
02-28-2011, 02:00 AM
It look good, hopefully this keeps rolling on the rite track

championships
02-28-2011, 03:52 AM
This is why people need to refrain from freeking out, Crying that the season was over. Nice to see positive threads again. Come to think about it, I haven't seen some of those guys around here lately. Feeling foolish maybe?

Jewelz0376
02-28-2011, 03:55 AM
This is why people need to refrain from freeking out, Crying that the season was over. Nice to see positive threads again. Come to think about it, I haven't seen some of those guys around here lately. Feeling foolish maybe?

you better believe if the lakers go on another losing streak the panic threads will be back again...

Fireworld
02-28-2011, 04:47 AM
You have to die to be reborn. The Lakers died when they lost to CLE. That was rock bottom and now we can only rise to the top. GO LAKERS!!

dru5151
02-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Lakers are playing good ball right now. I disagree with an earlier post though. Kobe can still score 30 at will, but he doesn't need to anymore. He would have scored in the high 20s if the refs wouldn't have let the thunder rape him all game. He was hacked all night and couldn't get any calls to go his way.

S & B Bleeder
02-28-2011, 12:55 PM

:clap: :clap:

We've ALL wanted to do that to ODUMB at one point. ALL OF US. Damn knuckleheaded fool.

Bleu_Boi11
02-28-2011, 01:20 PM
yea we've picked it up but we've got some big statement games to win we've got the spurs and the mavs coming up soon and we've got something to prove. its time to show the league just whos still the champs.

Frezhnitz
02-28-2011, 01:27 PM
when Lakers play lockdown defense, they are unbeatable and the best team in the nba.

GREATNESS ONE
02-28-2011, 02:48 PM
you better believe if the lakers go on another losing streak the panic threads will be back again...

and the others will stay calm and understand the real season is in April-June :clap: Every year almost the same thing. Hell I remember the trade Kobe nonsense here a long time ago.

RidgeRaider24
02-28-2011, 05:04 PM
hopefully we stay playing like this, gotta try and catch dallas cuz the spurs might be a little too far ahead