PDA

View Full Version : The 1st to the title?

KB---24
02-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Which of these following eastern conference teams do you think will capture there NBA championship first? and why?

Heat
Bulls
Knicks

redwhitenblue
02-27-2011, 05:21 PM
Heat or Bulls.

clutchski
02-27-2011, 05:22 PM
Which of these following eastern conference teams do you think will capture there NBA championship first? and why?

Heat
Bulls
Knicks

Heat - Two of the best players in the game, and a PF that holds a big inside presence. Despite coming across as a bit of a ***** sometimes.

then the Knicks, assuming they can land another star in the offseason.

Finally the Bulls.

abe_froman
02-27-2011, 05:24 PM
bulls-they're the most complete team/have least amount of work to do

miami has great starting point and could possibly win the most titles of the 3,but their holes and they have yet to show they can beat celtics or bulls(2 teams they'll have to beat to get to finals) makes me wary of picking them

ny,like miami has great starting point but no center and no bench hurts as well they need a coaching change before title shot

northsider
02-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Probably the Heat followed by the Bulls.

The Heat for obvious reasons.

The Bulls are in a good scheme cause they are a fairly young team with two of their core players being real young. They will hopefully be competing for one every year for a while.

The Knicks are good but, I think right now that is a team that has to build chemistry and is still a unknown IMO.

justinnum1
02-27-2011, 05:29 PM
1.heat-wade and lebron, plus bosh and a decent bench
2.bulls-rose and great defense
3.knicks-Mike D plays no D

Cubs Win
02-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Bulls. They can actually play defense and beat elite teams.

Slimsim
02-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Knicks need a new coach before serious title talk

shizzle09
02-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Heat or Bulls.

x2

shizzle09
02-27-2011, 05:47 PM
Bulls. They can actually play defense and beat elite teams.

and lose to the likes of the Warriors and Raptors. Going off your sig and the types of comments you post you must be 12. Cant even make a post without taking a shot. It's like every one of your posts has some sort of baiting.

redwhitenblue
02-27-2011, 05:48 PM
and lose to the likes of the Warriors and Raptors. Going off your sig and the types of comments you post you must be 12. Cant even make a post without taking a shot. It's like every one of your posts has some sort of baiting.
It's a valid point though.

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-27-2011, 05:49 PM
The Heat.

We have a very favorable schedule with most our games at home and we play a lot of garbage teams. We get Haslem back soon so we will be even better and the more we play as a team the better we get.

The Celtics are prolly gonna end up being 3rd, but they don't care. The Bulls have their full team and they are on a hot streak that can last a while. I think they get 2nd, but lose to Boston in the playoffs.

Swashcuff
02-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Heat - Two of the best players in the game, and a PF that holds a big inside presence. Despite coming across as a bit of a ***** sometimes.

then the Knicks, assuming they can land another star in the offseason.

Finally the Bulls.

Based on that logic I will come to the conclusion that you are a New York Knicks homer or a Chicago Bulls hater or just know nothing about the game.

The Bulls are set at almost every position have already established a winning identity and quite possibly haven't started playing their best ball to this point of this season.

The Knicks are probably 2-3 seasons to being considered legit championship contenders. The Bulls if everything gels can be considered as that right now.

I am not even a Bulls fan and I dislike their most homerish fans with a passion but I am inclined to defend them based on your logic.

PS: there is not way the Knicks even attempt to land a star player in this off-season when CP3 and Deron Williams are both going to be available in free agency 2012.

bovice163
02-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Heat or Bulls. Both teams are really a piece away from being true contenders.

Flojo
02-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Tough question. No doubt it's between the Bulls and the Heat.

I would say Heat have more holes to fill, but they obviously have more raw talent. I'd imagine this off-season the Bulls will fill their hole at the starting SG position, but I highly doubt that the Heat will be able to get more potent size, and a better bench all in one off-season. So the question becomes who wins first? The Heat with all of their star power without addressing all of their issues, or a Bulls team with a complete roster.

My vote goes for the Heat.

jmcelligott92
02-27-2011, 05:52 PM
The Heat.

We have a very favorable schedule with most our games at home and we play a lot of garbage teams. We get Haslem back soon so we will be even better and the more we play as a team the better we get.

The Celtics are prolly gonna end up being 3rd, but they don't care. The Bulls have their full team and they are on a hot streak that can last a while. I think they get 2nd, but lose to Boston in the playoffs.

Hahah very favorable schedule? have you seen your next 10 games?

gotoHcarolina52
02-27-2011, 05:54 PM
All these teams suck balls.

shizzle09
02-27-2011, 05:58 PM

true that. Heat will no doubt have to get a PG to deal with Rose for the next 5years as well as a better big.

Flojo
02-27-2011, 06:00 PM

Interesting. You think the Heat only need one piece? What do you think they need to fill?

gotoHcarolina52
02-27-2011, 06:03 PM

Feb 27 vs NY Knicks W
Mar 3 vs Orlando W
Mar 4 @ San Antonio L
Mar 6 vs Chicago W
Mar 8 vs Portland W
Mar 10 vs Los Angeles W
Mar 12 vs Memphis W
Mar 14 vs San Antonio W
Mar 16 vs Oklahoma City W
Mar 18 @ Atlanta W
Mar 19 v. Denver L

Bulls4Lyfe
02-27-2011, 06:03 PM
true that. Heat will no doubt have to get a PG to deal with Rose for the next 5years as well as a better big.

you really think the heat is a piece a way from being a "true contender?" cmon this team is a true contender right now and we'll be even better when haslem returns.

btw, chalmers seems to do as good a job as anyone at guarding rose.

Swashcuff
02-27-2011, 06:04 PM

You can't "deal" with Derick Rose, he's going to be a perennial MVP candidate. You have to do your best to contain him and limit his effectiveness. There is no way of "dealing" with a superstar such as Rose, Wade, Kobe, LeBron, Dirk, Dwight etc. You can only hope to contain him, regardless of what he is going to get his.

Cubs Win
02-27-2011, 06:05 PM

...says the guy directly taking a shot at another poster. :eyebrow:

Anyways, the Warriors and Raptors won't be in the playoffs, so I'm not too worried about them derailing the Bulls title chance. The Heat, however, are guaranteed to see the Celtics or Bulls (possibly both) if they are going to make it to the ECF or NBA Finals. They are a combined 0-5 against those two teams. So is it really taking a shot if it's true?

flclfanman
02-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Bulls- As mentioned earlier, they're the most complete of the three. Just need a decent 2 guard and improved defense play from Korver and Boozer.

Heat- They have the Star Power but need more bench help, size in the middle and a decent PG.

Knicks-Same as heat but they need some friggin DEFENSE

Bulls4Lyfe
You can't "deal" with Derick Rose, he's going to be a perennial MVP candidate. You have to do your best to contain him and limit his effectiveness. There is no way of "dealing" with a superstar such as Rose, Wade, Kobe, LeBron, Dirk, Dwight etc. You can only hope to contain him, regardless of what he is going to get his.

what exactly do you think "deal with" means? he didn't stay stop rose...cmon now

Ladies Man16
This thread is only a bunch of homers saying why they think THEIR team can win a championship first. Really, the correct answer is bulls. I think none of these teams win this year, but the bulls are aiming for the future from the moves they have making. The Knicks will be very good next season assuming they get rid of whatever garbage and get some solid players. For Miami, they are a team that cant shake anything up roster wise. They wont be able to get the players they need (PG,C) . So my picks are Bulls and Knicks ahead of Miami.

Dr Cyanide 28
02-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Feb 27 vs NY Knicks W
Mar 3 vs Orlando W
Mar 4 @ San Antonio L
Mar 6 vs Chicago W
Mar 8 vs Portland W
Mar 10 vs Los Angeles W
Mar 12 vs Memphis W
Mar 14 vs San Antonio W
Mar 18 @ Atlanta W
Mar 19 v. Denver L

games are tough. luckily they are mostly home games.

bovice163
02-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Interesting. You think the Heat only need one piece? What do you think they need to fill?
Really a capable rebounding, defensive center. Chalmers is solid defensively, and they really don't need more scoring from that spot.

Swashcuff
02-27-2011, 06:09 PM
In all honesty Heat fans should not take offense to the fact that someone has said that they need to fill some holes. Everyone you guys can throw out their at PG and C are below average by league standards and you more than anyone else should know this.

However are you guys these pieces away from being contenders? HELL NO!!! That team is good enough to win it all in spite of not having the better options at PG/C.

flclfanman
02-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Feb 27 vs NY Knicks W
Mar 3 vs Orlando W
Mar 4 @ San Antonio L
Mar 6 vs Chicago W
Mar 8 vs Portland W
Mar 10 vs Los Angeles W
Mar 12 vs Memphis W
Mar 14 vs San Antonio W
Mar 18 @ Atlanta W
Mar 19 v. Denver L

I applaud your optimism :rolleyes:

pinkfloyd
Heat. Then others will win the first year when Wade retires.

Flojo
you really think the heat is a piece a way from being a "true contender?" cmon this team is a true contender right now and we'll be even better when haslem returns.

The question is which team will win first. Not which team becomes a contender first.

Ladies Man16
02-27-2011, 06:12 PM
That schedule is pretty tough. Why would you guys lose to Denver? haha

Swashcuff
02-27-2011, 06:13 PM
what exactly do you think "deal with" means? he didn't stay stop rose...cmon now

Dude look at the job the Heat did on Derrick Rose the other night and he still got his. They contained him and did a good job at that in all honesty. There is no doubt he is alluding that game more so than any other.

If he thought they "dealt" with him effectively he wouldn't have made that as his point in the discussion.

gotoHcarolina52
02-27-2011, 06:13 PM
That schedule is pretty tough. Why would you guys lose to Denver? haha

Because they're last on the list and I'd imagine playing the 10 games before the DEN game will get exhausting. And Denver is quite an athletic team.

SteBO
02-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Because they're last on the list and I'd imagine playing the 10 games before the DEN game will get exhausting. And Denver is quite an athletic team.
I actually like this Denver team better than the last one. I'm starting to think Melo was the reason they didn't go anywhere.

SteBO
02-27-2011, 06:17 PM
No need to patronize me. If you think that South Beach Dynamo can mow through SA, LAL, CHI, and ATL with ease than that's your opinion

If my Bulls had a 10 game stretch like that I'd be like: :ohno: b/c that's no picnic
He never said it would be easy.

flclfanman
02-27-2011, 06:18 PM

Which is why I applauded his optimism.

Any team that can go 8-2 in that stretch can go all the way.

The Jokemaker
02-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Heat. At a certain point you get to where you have too much talent to fail. Plus all the ring chasers will sign cheap deals with them.

gotoHcarolina52
02-27-2011, 06:20 PM

exactly. I said it would be "exhausting." Too bad whenever you put a W next to a Bulls game on your team's schedule all these Chicago fans get all butt hurt.

SteBO
02-27-2011, 06:21 PM

Oh, I thought it was sarcasm. It's a tough stretch but I see us going more 7-3, though. I don't feel good about the two San Antonio games, and the Laker game.

Swashcuff
02-27-2011, 06:22 PM
I actually like this Denver team better than the last one. I'm starting to think Melo was the reason they didn't go anywhere.

Don Nelson

1335-1063 regular season record, .557 winning percentage
75-91 playoff record, .452 winning percentage
0 NBA championships
0 NBA finals appearances
4 conference finals appearances

George Karl

1020-695 regular season record, .594 winning percentage
74-93 postseason record, .443 winning percentage
0 NBA championships
1 NBA finals appearances

You can blame Melo all you want but the SYSTEM is the reason why the Nuggets and teams who play that system won't go deep in the playoffs. Don't blame Melo.

gotoHcarolina52
02-27-2011, 06:23 PM

Oh, my bad. I didn't know ":rolleyes:" was a congratulatory emoticon.

Draco
02-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Heat have the shortest distance to cover for a championship caliber roster and the Bulls have a chance with the right trades. Hard to imagine a team featuring Melo and Stat as anything more than an entertaining playoff team.

flclfanman
Yeah Double post

Carey
Bulls, they already play very D, have the inside outside punch, a stud in Rose who they can give the ball in clutch situations and still have flexibility financially to get better at the 2 guard position. They are really gonna be a force to be reckoned with in the East for the foreseeable future.

kobe24>lebron23
02-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Bulls more complete
heat
Knicks

flclfanman
02-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Oh, my bad. I didn't know ":rolleyes:" was a congratulatory emoticon.

No it's my "Wow,he's aiming pretty high" emoticon. Nothing negative, just my visual opinion.

shizzle09
02-27-2011, 06:28 PM

I think we are a "contender" but no way i'm i going to sit here and say we're a lock to win anything. We need multiple holes filled to become what Riley had envisioned. PG and C are the last pieces to Rileys puzzle. Sure you can be happy that we have two of the best players on the planet and that alone gives you a shot to win it all but you still need your "team" solid at all areas and the Heat are far from "solid" at all areas. Haslem is a huge piece to the puzzle. he comes back healthy and we get that much better. Riley said it himself when we signed these players. It was a 2 year plan. We're still in the first year.

xxplayerxx23
02-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Don Nelson

1335-1063 regular season record, .557 winning percentage
75-91 playoff record, .452 winning percentage
0 NBA championships
0 NBA finals appearances

George Karl

1020-695 regular season record, .594 winning percentage
74-93 postseason record, .443 winning percentage
0 NBA championships
1 NBA finals appearances

You can blame Melo all you want but the SYSTEM is the reason why the Nuggets and teams who play that system won't go deep in the playoffs. Don't blame Melo.

This.

flclfanman
02-27-2011, 06:31 PM
^
The Nuggets make it out of the first round and Melo doesn't what does that say about Karl's coaching?

gotoHcarolina52
02-27-2011, 06:32 PM
No it's my "Wow,he's aiming pretty high" emoticon. Nothing negative, just my visual opinion.

:rolleyes:*

* nothing negative, just my, "wow, way to try to dig yourself out of a hole" visual opinion.

xxplayerxx23
02-27-2011, 06:34 PM
^
The Nuggets make it out of the first round and Melo doesn't what does that say about Karl's coaching?

Nothing. Melo is on a new team a team that cant play defense. They have more depth Now and Still have a good player in nene. I dont think they get out of the first round.

kingkenny01
02-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Heat-are easily the closest, they are dealing with major bench injuries such as haslem and miller,and could possible win this year and are the only one that is a contender out of the three
Bulls-I do not truly believe the bulls are contenders but are quite close
Knicks-will only be elite if they get another elite player and which will leap frog the bulls and possibily the heat

Swashcuff
02-27-2011, 06:36 PM
I think we are a "contender" but no way i'm i going to sit here and say we're a lock to win anything. We need multiple holes filled to become what Riley had envisioned. PG and C are the last pieces to Rileys puzzle. Sure you can be happy that we have two of the best players on the planet and that alone gives you a shot to win it all but you still need your "team" solid at all areas and the Heat are far from "solid" at all areas. Haslem is a huge piece to the puzzle. he comes back healthy and we get that much better. Riley said it himself when we signed these players. It was a 2 year plan. We're still in the first year.

I am no Heat fan but I am a basketball fan.

I do remember that the very same was said about the 99-00 Los Angeles Lakers team that team bulldozed there way to their first championship of their dynasty. Despite the fact that many thought Harper was the perfect fit for the triangle many also thought that he wasn't as impactful enough to be a starting PG coupled with the fact that a 36 year old AC Green wasn't viewed as the best possible option for them at PF. A lot of people believed that they also had holes that needed to be filled.

Swashcuff
02-27-2011, 06:37 PM
^

When people start saying stuff like this you know there is no reason to even attempt to have a debate with them.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Whichever team fills their holes first.
Bulls (decent sg)
Heat (either a decent pg or a decent center)
Knicks (better bench players, better role players)

Swashcuff
02-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Bulls (decent sg)

For the sake of discussion who wins first if they all do?

flclfanman
02-27-2011, 07:02 PM
:rolleyes:*

* nothing negative, just my, "wow, way to try to dig yourself out of a hole" visual opinion.

:up:*
* This is just my "yeah, maybe but who knows" visual response

thebet
02-27-2011, 07:07 PM
:up:*
* This is just my "yeah, maybe but who knows" visual response
":puke:" This is my, "drank three forties of malt liquor last night" visual response. But alcohol poisoning aside, I'd say the Bulls have a good chance.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-27-2011, 07:07 PM
For the sake of discussion who wins first if they all do?

I would say either the Bulls or the Heat. It would be really tough to say one even though you have to.

PurpleJesus28
02-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Bulls - most complete team, SG away from being really really good. solid defense, solid bench, solid role players.

Heat - have more than enough star power, but they have more needs. no one knows what the new CBA is going to bring, so it could be harder for them to fill needs vs. the Bulls one need. with Bron, Wade, and Bosh though, they dont need a lot outta the players they need (C, bench, PG) to be significantly better.

Knicks - STAT + Melo + ?. a lot more work to be done, bigger holes to fill (heh). Billups is a nice player, but hes gettin up their in age and i dont know how much longer he's gonna be playing, let alone at a high level in a D'Antoni system. seems like alotta Knick fans are holding out on D-Will or CP3 in 2012, but i dont see how they could clear the cap space to sign either of em.

theirs an incredibly small margin b/t the Bulls and Heat IMO, 1a and 1b really.

anyone else wondering why HCarolina52 isnt banned yet?

Swashcuff
02-27-2011, 07:14 PM
I would say either the Bulls or the Heat. It would be really tough to say one even though you have to.

I'd say Heat because of the Wade+LeBron factor in the post season.I mean D.Rose was good in the playoffs last season and so was Boozer in his first trip there in 07.

LeBron and Wade however are both proven capable to put up all time great performances come playoff time.

marlinsfan24
02-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Heat or Bulls.

gotoHcarolina52
02-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Bulls. They've got Derrick Rose. :drool:

jmcelligott92
02-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Carolina is really annoying, and extremely unfunny

unleashthebeast
02-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Bulls (decent sg)

with the way that chalmers is playing of late, i think that hole could actually be filled. all we need to do in the offseason is get a center and we will be set. this year though i think when UD gets back we could be just fine. a lineup at the end of games with chalmers, wade, lebron, bosh and haslem is still very nice.

xxplayerxx23
02-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Knicks I think we get cp3 after next year. I think boston wins it this year And then Another team wins it, Knicks win it the following year :D

Iron24th
02-27-2011, 07:53 PM
The Knicks with a defensive minded coach and a 3rd superstar would be deadly.
Back to the topic,right now the Heat has the better chance to be the 1st of the 3.

xxplayerxx23
02-27-2011, 08:07 PM
The Knicks with a defensive minded coach and a 3rd superstar would be deadly.
Back to the topic,right now the Heat has the better chance to be the 1st of the 3.

you forgot defensive minded players

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-27-2011, 08:09 PM

Have you seen whats after that???

And those next 10 games, a lot of them are at home.

todu82
02-27-2011, 08:13 PM
The Miami Heat

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-27-2011, 08:19 PM
The HEAT only need one good PG or C to be the best team in the league. That's for everyone saying we need a PG, C, and bench depth lol...

John Walls Era
02-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Heat or Bulls. Heat are closer, but both teams are missing 1 piece. Heat need a big guy and the Bulls need a SG.

clutchski
02-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Based on that logic I will come to the conclusion that you are a New York Knicks homer or a Chicago Bulls hater or just know nothing about the game.

:laugh2: relax.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-27-2011, 11:05 PM
as much as i hate them..out of the 3 i think the heat get a ring first.. but only by a hair before the knicks.

NYM1989
02-27-2011, 11:26 PM
alot of Heat Homers on here and Knicks

Madtown22
02-27-2011, 11:43 PM
Bulls, I seriously hope miami never wins one!

KingPosey
02-27-2011, 11:46 PM
1.heat-wade and lebron, plus bosh and a decent bench
2.bulls-rose and great defense
3.knicks-Mike D plays no D

I was with you till you said that. Im not a "Heat Hater", but you do NOT have a bench.

bulldog312
02-27-2011, 11:55 PM
I think you have to go with Heat or Bulls for 2 reasons. First, they are competing to win a title this year, so they have at least a 1 season head start. Second, they have easier holes to fill. NY still needs at least 1 more impact player. Either 1 star (such as Paul), or multiple semi-star role players (such as Deng, Noah type players for the Bulls).

chitown815
02-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Heat or bulls, ny should not even be in discussion, okc, orl, bos, la, dallas, san antonio, etc or so much better

The BodyGuard
02-28-2011, 02:12 AM
Chicago Bulls got a complete team..:lift:

I see the Bulls coming out of the east this year

MJ-BULLS
02-28-2011, 02:21 AM
the bulls. we have a team that plays monster defense. Coach thibs, a defensive mastermind. Plus, we will have the flexibility in the future to sign a scoring guard.

gotoHcarolina52
02-28-2011, 02:29 AM
Bulls, I seriously hope miami never wins one!

Too late. 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=738Hbps-zOo

ElMarroAfamado
02-28-2011, 02:55 AM
Bulls
Then The Knicks......

but not for a while...The Bulls have the best shot because Rose is an unstoppable force like anything this league has ever seen...and he has worked on his jumpshot unlike other players in the league that rely solely on their athleticism.....
The Heat are not winning a title with Lebron James. Not 8, not 7, not 6, 0 titles.

Raph12
02-28-2011, 03:19 AM
None of the three can win this season, so it depends on what mgmt can put around them...