PDA

View Full Version : Worst Home Court?

$ NyC $
02-27-2011, 01:49 AM
Currently watching the Celtics @ Clippers game, and everytime the Celtics score they're actually getting cheered on pretty nicely. Kinda surprising since its LA but it has me wondering, what team has the worse fans at home? Where them playing at home doesn't really make as much a difference as other teams.

king4day
02-27-2011, 01:55 AM
The only way to truly judge this is when the team is experiencing great success.
Charlotte is an embarrassment when it comes to who fans root for. The games I've gone too there's always a noticeable amount of opposing fans there. But since the team's always been bad, there's no real way to judge.

Teams like Miami and NY, now, you can get a good sense on how good their fans are.

Phoenix's fans are pretty bad too. Even during the successful years, LA and Boston's fans in the crowd ALWAYS seem to make their presence known from a TV standpoint.

Phenomenonsense
02-27-2011, 01:57 AM
Piston's fans attendance is pretty terrible right now. I'll be sure to support them when I can afford to. I assume some people feel the same.

RZZZA
02-27-2011, 01:57 AM
half the crowd in Milwaukee was cheering for the bulls today too

cutiepie80
02-27-2011, 02:00 AM
LOL, in Milwaukee tonight I heard Derrick Rose MVP chants. How bad is that?

LakersMaster24
02-27-2011, 02:06 AM
I remember when Kobe got a MVP chant from Boston fans back in 06 or 05.
Nowdays the worst homecourt MUST be the Nets lol, there are always more fans of the opposing team than the Nets :facepalm:

Chi StateOfMind
02-27-2011, 02:11 AM
half the crowd in Milwaukee was cheering for the bulls today too

im waiting for haters to say well there was more bulls fans there then milwaukee fans

Evolution23
02-27-2011, 02:18 AM
well there was more bulls fans there then milwaukee fans

Bulls_fan90
02-27-2011, 02:25 AM
well there was more bulls fans there then milwaukee fans

Hater

abe_froman
02-27-2011, 02:26 AM
im waiting for haters to say well there was more bulls fans there then milwaukee fans

there probably were.bulls fans travel well,have many fans all over and hometown fans usually dont show up if a team is bad.it was the same thing at a clipper game about a month back

RZZZA
02-27-2011, 02:27 AM
yeah, there are a lot of bulls fans at pacers home games too

xSolidx
02-27-2011, 02:31 AM
New Jersey.

YourTeamSucks
02-27-2011, 02:36 AM
Miami

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-27-2011, 03:04 AM
stop hatin on jersey guys... i went to a few games this season and we still got alot of true fans there...unless your at jersey games in newark then you wont know because tv wont do any justice to any of that.

NBA_Starter
02-27-2011, 03:15 AM
Jersey.

Sadds The Gr8
02-27-2011, 03:18 AM
have u guys ever heard of travelling fans?

SANDBURG23
02-27-2011, 03:31 AM
Currently watching the Celtics @ Clippers game, and everytime the Celtics score they're actually getting cheered on pretty nicely. Kinda surprising since its LA but it has me wondering, what team has the worse fans at home? Where them playing at home doesn't really make as much a difference as other teams.

The clippers fans, they still show up.

SANDBURG23
02-27-2011, 03:33 AM

Are they like DeadHead's.

Robbw241
02-27-2011, 03:34 AM
Nets games are only bad when it's like the Knicks or Lakers we are playing. Other then that it's not bad at all

DaBear
02-27-2011, 03:35 AM
Milwaukee is only like an hour north of Chicago, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were more Bulls fans there. Same with Indy. They've become the Midwest Bulls.

toovey107
02-27-2011, 07:36 AM
Closer to 2 hours, but point taken.

kingbrentg
02-27-2011, 07:56 AM

Traveling in the NBA? Absurd proposition.

allSUAVE
02-27-2011, 09:11 AM
Miami

gotoHcarolina52
02-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Miami

Crackadalic
02-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Jersey. Ive been too one game last year and there was more knick fans then net fans. It was like another home game for the knicks

gotoHcarolina52
02-27-2011, 04:48 PM
Miami

Gram
02-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Hater

Haha I like your pic bro. ;)

mttwlsn16
02-27-2011, 06:09 PM
staples center. when its lakers @ clippers

JWO35
02-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Bulls...its like a ghost town(arena)

jmcelligott92
02-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Bull
Heat
Celtics
Spurs
Lake show all have terrible homecourt with terrible home records

kingbrentg
02-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Bull
Heat
Celtics
Spurs
Lake show all have terrible homecourt with terrible home records

What, is that sarcasm? Those are the best home teams in the NBA.

jmcelligott92
02-27-2011, 08:03 PM
ahah i thought it was a given i was being sarcastic

kingbrentg
02-28-2011, 04:16 AM
ahah i thought it was a given i was being sarcastic

Well you can never be too sure in this forum. :laugh2:

Bucsfan
02-28-2011, 04:20 AM
the nets, pacers arent that bad, they get up sometimes

before this year the jazz have had one of the best for years, i actually think they had the best winning record @ home over the past 3 years or something like that

bholly
02-28-2011, 05:41 AM
Traveling in the NBA? Absurd proposition.

:up:

Ripper Gein
02-28-2011, 02:54 PM
I remember when Kobe got a MVP chant from Boston fans back in 06 or 05.
Nowdays the worst homecourt MUST be the Nets lol, there are always more fans of the opposing team than the Nets :facepalm:

Your Sig is HIGH-larious!

S-Dot
02-28-2011, 03:05 PM
Miami had people cheering defense when Miami was on offense last night against the Knicks, and they were booing LeBron on his free throws there. Thats just unbelievable when you have LBJ on your team....and this is coming from a Knick fan.

gotoHcarolina52
02-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Miami had people cheering defense when Miami was on offense last night against the Knicks, and they were booing LeBron on his free throws there. Thats just unbelievable when you have LBJ on your team....and this is coming from a Knick fan.

How exactly are we supposed to stop transplanted New Yorkers from buying season tickets? Do you know how many new yorker turds live in Miami . . . people who have been living in florida for 20+ years but still root for NY teams because of childhood ties or their parents or whatnot. How the hell are Heat fans supposed to stop those people from buying season tickets?

Bornknick73
02-28-2011, 03:20 PM
2 Finals appearances and they still didnt pack the arena.

A support base so pourous they have to relocate.

Star players criticizing the venue during and after their time there.

Star players whispering to other players to stay away from there because of the lack of home support.

It rhymes with Kersey.

S-Dot
02-28-2011, 03:25 PM
How exactly are we supposed to stop transplanted New Yorkers from buying season tickets? Do you know how many new yorker turds live in Miami . . . people who have been living in florida for 20+ years but still root for NY teams because of childhood ties or their parents or whatnot. How the hell are Heat fans supposed to stop those people from buying season tickets?

I understand that but you can't let their cheers outperform yours on your own home court...especially when you have arguably the best player in the league and you're playing against your rivals.

Bornknick73
02-28-2011, 03:27 PM

Its nice for a Heat fan to finally acknoledge they dont really have a true fanbase. They have a partial fanbase, the other part is comprised of Knicks fans. If it wasnt for transplanted KNicks fans the stadium would be half empty. The Miami basketball fanbase is comprised of basketball enthusiasts from NYC. Without transplanted NYers Miami would care less about basketball.

Transplanted Nyers support your fanbase and im glad you have come to terms with it. NYers brought their love of basketball to Florida.

Ive yet to meet a Floridian who was actually from Florida and thats over 20 years of traveling there. Florida is where you go when you cant make it in NYC.

benzni
02-28-2011, 03:31 PM
orioles have the worst home attendance

When boston, new york, minnsota, phillies, braves, angels, tigers, even the rays are in town, the stadium is filled with opposing fans.

gotoHcarolina52
02-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Its nice for a Heat fan to finally acknoledge they dont really have a true fanbase. They have a partial fanbase, the other part is comprised of Knicks fans. If it wasnt for transplanted KNicks fans the stadium would be half empty. The Miami basketball fanbase is comprised of basketball enthusiasts from NYC. Without transplanted NYers Miami would care less about basketball.

Transplanted Nyers support your fanbase and im glad you have come to terms with it. NYers brought their love of basketball to Florida.

Ive yet to meet a Floridian who was actually from Florida and thats over 20 years of traveling there. Florida is where you go when you cant make it in NYC.

Yes, turd, because there wasn't a massive waiting list for potential season ticket holders. The fact that ~1,000 transplanted new yorkers beat some heat fans to the line means that the stadium would be half empty but for NY fans.

You know what? You deserve some recognition for your brilliance.

It is with great pleasure that I announce Bornknick73 has received the PSD T.R.D. award for his exemplary contributions to the forum. First awarded in 2007, the T.R.D. award is conferred upon those whom through their posts or actions provide Totally Revolutionary Declarations--insight so extraordinary it merits recognition. Congratulations, Bornknick73 on your receipt of the T.R.D. (pronounced "turd"). :clap:

jonnyk124
02-28-2011, 03:43 PM
jersey when they play the knicks. it honestly was like a home game for the knicks. all the knicks players said that after the game too that it felt like a home game. even last night against the heat there are tons of knicks fans you can hear them booing james at the foul line. knick fans are diehard

bbcmillionaire
02-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Lol I remember rose getting MVP chants out west too, I think the warriors? Anyways, I'm sorry heat fans, but with that talent your fans should show up earlier than than they do. And for anyone who have been to the united center, our fans should be mire rowdy, but it's more family oriented now

beasted86
02-28-2011, 03:49 PM

:facepalm:
This post is full of ignorance, especially the last line.

In general, it's funny that the majority of people who care about comparing cities are the people in NY. They rave on and on how NY is better than LA, better than Chicago, better than Miami, better than NJ, how every one loves the city and NY is so great, their sports teams are the best, your food is the best, economy is the best, and women are the best looking. At some point you have to ask if you are convincing only yourselves of that, because nobody else cares. You are the only ones "competing".

I am from Brooklyn, but lived in Miami the majority of my life. I've visited NY at least 10x spending a number of summers there. I, and any other competent adult who's not reliant on Mommy, would move to NY if that's what I really wanted. I don't live in Miami because 'I cant make it in NYC'. :facepalm:

Anyway, Miami is not a big city, period. NY has 16x the population of Miami. We have a lot of tourists from NY, a lot of retired people from NY, and/or partial residents from NY who use FL for tax purposes. So I wasn't surprised by the fanfare in the game last night.

RZZZA
02-28-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm sorry but any time your home town hero is being boo'd in his OWN STADIUM, that's bad. I can't imagine Derrick Rose ever being boo'd at the United Center. I knew Heat had problems with their fans not showing up for the games but what I saw yesterday was inexcusable. Lebron being boo'd at home? gtfo

at least it wasn't Wade

bbcmillionaire
02-28-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm sorry but any time your home town hero is being boo'd in his OWN STADIUM, that's bad. I can't imagine Derrick Rose ever being boo'd at the United Center. I knew Heat had problems with their fans not showing up for the games but what I saw yesterday was inexcusable. Lebron being boo'd at home? gtfo

at least it wasn't Wade

Was he ever boo'd while he was a member of the cavs?

Bornknick73
02-28-2011, 05:36 PM

In general, it's funny that the majority of people who care about comparing cities are the people in ny. They rave on and on how ny is better than la, better than chicago, better than miami, better than nj, how every one loves the city and ny is so great, their sports teams are the best, your food is the best, economy is the best, and women are the best looking. At some point you have to ask if you are convincing only yourselves of that, because nobody else cares. You are the only ones "competing".

I am from brooklyn, but lived in miami the majority of my life. I've visited ny at least 10x spending a number of summers there. I, and any other competent adult who's not reliant on mommy, would move to ny if that's what i really wanted. I don't live in miami because 'i cant make it in nyc'. :facepalm:

Anyway, miami is not a big city, period. Ny has 16x the population of miami. We have a lot of tourists from ny, a lot of retired people from ny, and/or partial residents from ny who use fl for tax purposes. So i wasn't surprised by the fanfare in the game last night.

u mad?

gotoHcarolina52
02-28-2011, 06:11 PM
u mad?

u win! The 2011 PSD T.R.D. Award :clap:

Dankster
02-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Def the Nets..I don't think they came anywhere close to selling out Dwill's 1st home game...

mjqusoldier
02-28-2011, 06:24 PM
American Airlines Arena and its not even close. How do you have 2 superstars and 1 allstar and have empty seats vs the Knicks and have Lebron getting Boood all game by Knicks fans. I was at the game lase night and that place is pathetic at best

gotoHcarolina52
02-28-2011, 06:31 PM
American Airlines Arena and its not even close. How do you have 2 superstars and 1 allstar and have empty seats vs the Knicks and have Lebron getting Boood all game by Knicks fans. I was at the game lase night and that place is pathetic at best

yea yea

kingkenny01
02-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Milwaukee has the best home court, they have hired fans so the milwaukeeians won't boo

SteBO
02-28-2011, 07:43 PM
:yawn: Are you done spewing foolishness yet?

Bornknick73
02-28-2011, 07:56 PM

In general, it's funny that the majority of people who care about comparing cities are the people in NY. They rave on and on how NY is better than LA, better than Chicago, better than Miami, better than NJ, how every one loves the city and NY is so great, their sports teams are the best, your food is the best, economy is the best, and women are the best looking. At some point you have to ask if you are convincing only yourselves of that, because nobody else cares. You are the only ones "competing".

I am from Brooklyn, but lived in Miami the majority of my life. I've visited NY at least 10x spending a number of summers there. I, and any other competent adult who's not reliant on Mommy, would move to NY if that's what I really wanted. I don't live in Miami because 'I cant make it in NYC'. :facepalm:

Anyway, Miami is not a big city, period. NY has 16x the population of Miami. We have a lot of tourists from NY, a lot of retired people from NY, and/or partial residents from NY who use FL for tax purposes. So I wasn't surprised by the fanfare in the game last night.

You know whats :facepalm: worthy? Half my arena rooting for the other team.
Thats worthy of a :facepalm:

SteBO
02-28-2011, 08:05 PM
You know whats :facepalm: worthy? Half my arena rooting for the other team.
Thats worthy of a :facepalm:
:yawn: Anything else, bro?

RZZZA
02-28-2011, 08:11 PM
oh hello, is this the "rip on Miami fans" thread?

I'd like to join in on the party

KeepMonta#8
02-28-2011, 08:11 PM

at least it wasn't Wade

wait wait wait ................ when wade is in Chicago he is always booed and hes a hometown hero!

SteBO
02-28-2011, 08:12 PM
oh hello, is this the "rip on Miami fans" thread?

I'd like to join in on the party
You would. ;) I find this one particularly amusing. Hurry up and get in on this, for this should be closed soon.

KnicksR4Real
02-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Jersey it's no even close. Everyone go the Nets games to see the Knicks. Even when the Knicks even aren't there the fans keep cheering for them. That's how wacked up it is.

Jonathan2323
02-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Miami is louder than Slient Chicago and LA.

SteBO
02-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Miami is louder than Slient Chicago and LA.
I wouldn't go that far, but one thing's for sure. MIA will be rockin' come playoff time.

RZZZA
02-28-2011, 09:15 PM
wait wait wait ................ when wade is in Chicago he is always booed and hes a hometown hero!

he is? He kinda ruined that with the decision and spreading bad rumors about the Bulls FO

el_primo_nano
02-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Miami. They had that "fan up" marketing thing going because people would not get to the game on time, or at all. And even watching the game last night, there were enough Knicks fans in the crowd to chant "defense" at one point in the fourth when Miami had the ball. If thats not pathetic, i dont know what is

lvlheaded
02-28-2011, 09:31 PM
I have to say Jersey...even jason Kidd said it, when that team was competing their fans werent even showing up. When they play the Knicks, its like a home game for NY

bobo zver
02-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Miami is pathetic!

Heater4life
02-28-2011, 09:50 PM
We have a bad fan base. Its not even about winning or losing, its about the "event". Once playoff time comes around the arena is ridiculous. Everyone is on time, the place is rowdy, its an awesome experience. During the season? We deserve a :facepalm: , unless its a marquee game, in which case the arena gets crazy.

Dolphins and Hurricanes are always rowdy, maybe we just need to win multiple titles. :shrug:

SteBO
02-28-2011, 11:16 PM
he is? He kinda ruined that with the decision and spreading bad rumors about the Bulls FO
What exactly did Wade say about the Bulls FO? I know he said something about it, which is why I just laughed when he requested that second meeting last summer, but what did he say exactly?

bovice163
02-28-2011, 11:19 PM
What exactly did Wade say about the Bulls FO? I know he said something about it, which is why I just laughed when he requested that second meeting last summer, but what did he say exactly?

Said they were disloyal to their players, and brought up the fact that Scottie and Michael had no part in the organization, which was completely irrelevant. Michael had his own agenda in owning a team, and Scottie is back now as an ambassador.

RZZZA
02-28-2011, 11:22 PM
disloyal to our players, lol. We've been starting Bogans for what feels like 20 years and we wouldn't trade Taj Gibson.

Thats how not disloyal this FO is to the players

SteBO
02-28-2011, 11:42 PM
Said they were disloyal to their players, and brought up the fact that Scottie and Michael had no part in the organization, which was completely irrelevant. Michael had his own agenda in owning a team, and Scottie is back now as an ambassador.

disloyal to our players, lol. We've been starting Bogans for what feels like 20 years and we wouldn't trade Taj Gibson.

Thats how not disloyal this FO is to the players

Probably the only wrong I've heard him say. Guess I can't blame CHI for booing him after that. Still odd he requested that second meeting with you guys after that, though.

Meatmypet
02-28-2011, 11:46 PM
NJ, when the Knicks visit, it's still a home game.

Omar Little
02-28-2011, 11:59 PM
there probably were.bulls fans travel well,have many fans all over and hometown fans usually dont show up if a team is bad.it was the same thing at a clipper game about a month back

Ya there were a ton of Bulls fans in Milwaukee last night. I actually drove up there for the game with a couple buddies and we saw multiple buses waiting outside to escort the many Chicagoans home after watching a nice road victory.

Either way though, it was pretty cool hearing an overwhelming MVP chant whenever Rose had the ball down the stretch.

papisupremo
03-01-2011, 12:49 AM
miami, easy. miami fans only care about the fins and canes. y punto. the only reason the game was sold out is because knicks fans bought tickets to support their team against those motherfathers. where else would you see their teams 2nd best player getting boo'd at the free throw lines. and you KNOW lebron noticed it!!

dwade is loved tho. just not enough to show up to the games. i love miami (the city, not the team) but there's just too small a hometown population to produce a great fan base.

yes, msg boos when players are stinking it up. and yes, msg will chant mvp for kobe in recognition of his greatness. but we'll never boo one of ours as he's shooting a free throw.

boobie gibson, king of cle, i see you. lebron, queen of miami, smh.