PDA

View Full Version : What superstar or couple of stars can the Nets bring in to make D Will stay?

LTBaByyy
02-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Realistically, what superstar or couple of stars do yall think will make D Will stay?

By TRADE or FREE AGENCY

ClipperfanKevin
02-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Nobody, Williams will be a Clipper in 2012 :D

jrm2054
02-26-2011, 11:03 PM
Nobody, Williams will be a Clipper in 2012 :D

keep dreaming :D

Melo15
02-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Adam Morrison

zB_#85
02-26-2011, 11:07 PM
I think New Jersey is deliusional. This owner thinks that money is going to buy him everything. He has a rude awakening when D-Will doesn't re-sign and they loose him and gave away all that stuff for nothing.

zB_#85
02-26-2011, 11:09 PM
the upcoming Superstar free agents will be CP3 and Dwight. CP3 aint going there- same position as D-Will. Dwight definitely will either be in Orlando or LA. New Jersey will only really be able to put mediocore players around him, he'll bolt.

drobe86
02-26-2011, 11:10 PM
How about nobody lol... Dwill is gone as soon as 2012... They better trade him and get some assets

Raps18-19 Champ
02-26-2011, 11:17 PM
I can see Granger going there as soon as his contract is done.

ClipperfanKevin
02-26-2011, 11:20 PM
I really don't get it, the Nets pulling in D-Will was good for the short term, but they mortgaged half their future for him. I don't see how they can keep him.

ClipperfanKevin
02-26-2011, 11:21 PM
I can see Granger going there as soon as his contract is done.

Granger's contract wont be up in time for Deron to resign with the Nets.

lakerboy
02-26-2011, 11:21 PM
I'm thinking Andrei Kirilenko next year, Al Jefferson and Raja Bell. Hahaha

dwadefan03
02-26-2011, 11:24 PM
you guys are forgetting about draft picks and trades, free agency is not the only way to acquire good players.

Also brook lopez is only going to get better, especially since hes now playing with dwill. I honestly dont understand all the nets hate on this site. I think what they did was great. Harris was gonna get traded anyway, favors has the possibility of being good but why bank on possibility when you can have a sure thing.

I applaud the nets moves and im sure they will figure out some way to put a good team around dwill

LTBaByyy
02-26-2011, 11:28 PM
I am talking trade or FA yall!!!!

Dont think just Free Agency

ClipperfanKevin
02-26-2011, 11:29 PM
you guys are forgetting about draft picks and trades, free agency is not the only way to acquire good players.

Also brook lopez is only going to get better, especially since hes now playing with dwill. I honestly dont understand all the nets hate on this site. I think what they did was great. Harris was gonna get traded anyway, favors has the possibility of being good but why bank on possibility when you can have a sure thing.

I applaud the nets moves and im sure they will figure out some way to put a good team around dwill

Sure Brook Lopez will only get better, but two studs don't win championships. They just traded away all of their valuable assets to pick up Williams, including this seasons draft pick. Come 2012, their pick wont get the chance to prove that he's worthy of Williams resigning.

dwadefan03
02-26-2011, 11:37 PM
Sure Brook Lopez will only get better, but two studs don't win championships. They just traded away all of their valuable assets to pick up Williams, including this seasons draft pick. Come 2012, their pick wont get the chance to prove that he's worthy of Williams resigning.

well in my opinion its better to roll the dice on trying to build around a superstar rather than try and build a team around a decent, pretty good point guard, an unproven first year player that hasnt really shown much and a pick in a draft that has been deemed the weakest since 2000

LTBaByyy
02-26-2011, 11:56 PM
There are no superstars available (CP3 is a PG) in my eyes but I have a strange feeling they will:

Plan A- first get Wilson Chandler and OJ Mayo this summer, then Kevin Love to top it off by trade next summer

Plan B- Trade for Granger and sign Zach Randolph

Just a feeling.

D Will
OJ Mayo
Wilson Chandler
Kevin Love
Lopez

D Will
Morrow
Granger
Randolph
Lopez

NYsFinest
02-27-2011, 12:03 AM
The Nets current starting line up has 3 players that would not make the rotation on many teams and a slow flat footed 7 footer who can't rebound. I feel so bad for Deron, he definitely regrets feuding with Sloan.

cutiepie80
02-27-2011, 12:14 AM
The Nets are just an awful franchise. Always have been.

Time2Dieeee
02-27-2011, 12:18 AM
they might sign D12?
D-Will and D12

IU Hoosiers 3
02-27-2011, 12:32 AM
i dont think D12 will be taking his talents to jersey/ brooklyn..i see DWill leaving..but LT that would be an unreal offseason for the nets

PrettyBoyJ
02-27-2011, 12:36 AM
Only way D. Will stays if they some how get Dwight Howard to sign...

The BodyGuard
02-27-2011, 01:02 AM
I doubt anyone wants to play in NJ. They don't really got anybody..It's very sad :violin:

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-27-2011, 01:03 AM

THANK YOU... i mean all these ppl hatin for now dam reason...sure what if dwill dosent resign.. what if nets dont get other players to make dwill stay...what if.. what if.. stop wit all that ****.. we can keep on with the what ifs til we blue in the face..no1 here can tell what will happen you all just think cuz your nba fans and watch nba games that you know what so and so guys will do in 2 years.

chill out guys.. he might and might not stay..we might and might not get other stars here.. til then yall dont know. you might think you know but cha dont.

as for RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW...we made a great trade...got dwill for cheap he is playing great and im sure with more time he will play batter and so will the rest of the team.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-27-2011, 01:06 AM
There are no superstars available (CP3 is a PG) in my eyes but I have a strange feeling they will:

Plan A- first get Wilson Chandler and OJ Mayo this summer, then Kevin Love to top it off by trade next summer

Plan B- Trade for Granger and sign Zach Randolph

Just a feeling.

D Will
OJ Mayo
Wilson Chandler
Kevin Love
Lopez

D Will
Morrow
Granger
Randolph
Lopez

****.. im down for either one..haha

Crackadalic
02-27-2011, 01:16 AM
D-will and D12 running brooklyn Flatbush ave lol Trade lopez for a wing player and they can think championship

xxplayerxx23
02-27-2011, 01:24 AM
There is so much hate for NJ why???? I understand DO me favors makes everyone angry but No need to hate on them. I see D will staying. they have three first rounders. Lopez is very talented. Morrow can shoot. They have tons of cap space for this year. i think they are going to Sign Two soild players this year. Trade two draft picks for someone and dwill signs. The nets will be back. But not betetr then the KNICKS :D lol

cutiepie80
02-27-2011, 01:26 AM
There is so much hate for NJ why???? I understand DO me favors makes everyone angry but No need to hate on them. I see D will staying. they have three first rounders. Lopez is very talented. Morrow can shoot. They have tons of cap space for this year. i think they are going to Sign Two soild players this year. Trade two draft picks for someone and dwill signs. The nets will be back. But not betetr then the KNICKS :D lol

Back? Besides getting into the finals in one of the WORST periods of the nba ever, when have they EVER been relevant?

JiffyMix88
02-27-2011, 01:29 AM
Adam Morrison

xxplayerxx23
02-27-2011, 01:30 AM
Back? Besides getting into the finals in one of the WORST periods of the nba ever, when have they EVER been relevant?

Well they were Ok In the beggining of the 2000s. ANd were good when they had kidd carter and Jefferson. But with dwill and a soild Team around him WIh two guys from this FA class they will be a soild team. ANd they went to two finals No????

cutiepie80
02-27-2011, 01:32 AM
Well they were Ok In the beggining of the 2000s. ANd were good when they had kidd carter and Jefferson. But with dwill and a soild Team around him WIh two guys from this FA class they will be a soild team. ANd they went to two finals No????

Yes, when the league was at an all time low. But regardless, yes they did.

xxplayerxx23
02-27-2011, 01:36 AM
Yes, when the league was at an all time low. But regardless, yes they did.

yeah I guess. But I think the nets have a good start toi get back to a team that can compete. They have the point guard and a young center thats going to get better. I can see them going after zach randolph and getting oj mayo. then trading for Someone this owner isnt afraid to spend the cash

cutiepie80
02-27-2011, 01:52 AM
yeah I guess. But I think the nets have a good start toi get back to a team that can compete. They have the point guard and a young center thats going to get better. I can see them going after zach randolph and getting oj mayo. then trading for Someone this owner isnt afraid to spend the cash

Well the trade for Williams was genius if he signed an extension. But he didn't, so it might end up being a terrible trade.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see the Nets being a competetive team and hopefully it happens.

Chi StateOfMind
02-27-2011, 01:55 AM
i look at it like this....every team has to start somewhere and they did with the d-will trade....but right now they suck and unless they improve this year no one wants to go to nj unless they get some players...so deron better have good recruiting skills as good as he does arguements

LTBaByyy
02-27-2011, 01:59 AM
****.. Im down for either one..haha

i have a feeling one of those plans will happen!!!!!

LTBaByyy
02-27-2011, 02:02 AM
Well the trade for Williams was genius if he signed an extension. But he didn't, so it might end up being a terrible trade.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see the Nets being a competetive team and hopefully it happens.

Do you know the earliest he can sign an extension is July 1st???

:eyebrow:

king4day
02-27-2011, 02:05 AM
Jason Richardson could be a good start in free agency.

Maybe Zach Randolph too.
That'd be a root amount of talent to make them compete.

LakersIn5
02-27-2011, 02:38 AM
why are people so high on brook lopez? he hasnt done anything special. what he is doing is normal for a top 10 pick and people are thinking he is going to be 'that' great just because of last season where the nets went 12-70! ofcourse hell do what he did who else does the nets have?? what he is now is what he is going to be in his prime. just a 18 and 6 player nothing more.

LakersIn5
02-27-2011, 02:40 AM
and to answer the thread.

NONE. because why the hell would he stay in new jersey? if he would have a better chance to win it with a different team? like the knicks or magic w/ dwight or other nice teams

Raph12
02-27-2011, 02:49 AM
Dwight will NOT go to New Jersey, doubt he accepts a trade there (has leverage with the extension signing and whatnot) if they give away the rest of their beat up lineup for him...

NetsPaint
02-27-2011, 02:58 AM
Vince Carter, baby!

Tkking87
02-27-2011, 03:00 PM
I think New Jersey is deliusional. This owner thinks that money is going to buy him everything. He has a rude awakening when D-Will doesn't re-sign and they loose him and gave away all that stuff for nothing.

I def agree and the only reason they'll get fans is cuz the ticket prices will b cheap as hell

CAVEMAN5
02-27-2011, 03:15 PM
first they can sign david west this offseason. he is from nj. then they can package brook lopez and travis outlaw to gsw for dorell wright, louiis amundson or whatever his name is and draft picks.

starting 5 will be

dwill
morrow
wright
west
amundson

then after the season dwill sees they can bring ppl in and can afford d12 because we know he is not going back to orlando or an aging LA. so he chooses nj cuz they will only play there 1 year before their move to brooklyn.

dwill
morrow
wright
west
d12

D2theJ
02-27-2011, 03:17 PM
My gut feeling is they're gonna sign AK47 because of Prokorov. And then they're gonna go hard after Dwight, whether they will get him or not, I dont know.

Muttman73
02-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Why don't people call NBA players by their names? Why is it D Will, CP3, D12, D Wade or D Rose?
They don't really do that in other sports.

xxplayerxx23
02-27-2011, 03:29 PM
first they can sign david west this offseason. he is from nj. then they can package brook lopez and travis outlaw to gsw for dorell wright, louiis amundson or whatever his name is and draft picks.

starting 5 will be

dwill
morrow
wright
west
amundson

then after the season dwill sees they can bring ppl in and can afford d12 because we know he is not going back to orlando or an aging LA. so he chooses nj cuz they will only play there 1 year before their move to brooklyn.

dwill
morrow
wright
west
d12

where is Lopez in the first team? If im nj i offer Lopez three first rounders and Cash for howard in the offseasonm doing this after siginng west or zrandolph

xabial
02-27-2011, 03:30 PM
I think he stays, Not many teams can present the opportunity of a great location (Brooklyn), Owner willing to Spend (Billionaire; one of the richest man in the world), and a GOOD if Not GREAT Head-Coach. (Avery Johnson)

xxplayerxx23
02-27-2011, 03:34 PM
I think he stays, Not many teams can present the opportunity of a great location (Brooklyn), Owner willing to Spend (Billionaire; one of the richest man in the world), and a GOOD if Not GREAT Head-Coach. (Avery Johnson)

He is an ok coach over rated IMO dallas mad him what he is. he cant win in the playoffs if anything

Frantico
02-27-2011, 03:34 PM
I honestly think NJ made a terrible move. They wanted to make a splash, and having lost Carmelo they took Dwill instead. A bad move in my opinion. I just don't see ANY other stars going there, and they have very few assets for trades.

If I had to bet, will Dwill stay or leave? I would bet leave.

flclfanman
02-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Dwight Howard, Danny Granger, a decent Euroleauge player

1) Trade Brook Lopez's overrated *** to Indy for Granger (straight up)

2) Talk to HOU about Goran Dragic or Luis Scola, try to get one.

3) Sign D12 in the offseason, remind he's going to BROOKLYN :up: and not Jersey :puke:

Use whatever picks you have this year and next for bench player/fillers

Johnson is a competent enough coach if he has enough talent, DONT BE FOOLED BY D'ANTONI :pity:

CAVEMAN5
02-27-2011, 03:36 PM
the reason why i traded brook lopez to gsw is cuz they are taking outlaws contract which is prob the worst ever when you look at how bad of a bball player he is. then since we know d12 is leaving i have nj taking a chance cuz howard will see nj/brooklyn having dwill, morrow, wright, and west in the starting 5. he would complete them and make them 1 of the teams to beat. no other team is appealing cuz of the better teams either not having room to sign him or they are old now and will be 2 years older by then aka boston, la, miami, and dallas.

xxplayerxx23
02-27-2011, 03:37 PM
^ if they added those two with Dwill they would contend and prob win it all

Nikeman
02-27-2011, 03:38 PM
WHY CAN'T NJ GET HOWARD?

People on this site are dumb..

If DH12 decided to leave Orlando, NJ can easily offer Orlando the best package, with something including Brook Lopez.

Second, C/PG are the two most important positions, and I'm sure unlike many here, DH12 knows this.

Where else can DH12 go where a team will have cap space? Please don't say LA.. (By 2012, I'm pretty sure Kobe is done or close to it)

If the Nets can acquire Howard and get a scorer at the guard/SF position, they become the team to beat in the NBA, period.

I see potentially DH12/D-Will/Granger in NJ.

xxplayerxx23
02-27-2011, 03:42 PM
that big three IMO is close enough talent wise then mIAMi big 3

Nikeman
02-27-2011, 03:45 PM
that big three IMO is close enough talent wise then mIAMi big 3

I'll go as far as saying that is a better assembled big 3 than Miami. They will have all three major positions required on lock, while Miami is missing two of those.

This season, Miami has won on talent alone, not skill.

If Miami can add a Defensive Center and a quality PG (someone who knows how to play D and hit a 3 pter), then they can probably beat NJ and their big 3.

Still, DH12, D-will and Granger would be a very nicely assembled roster.

gotoHcarolina52
02-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Why don't people call NBA players by their names? Why is it D Will, CP3, D12, D Wade or D Rose?
They don't really do that in other sports.

Uhh . . Never heard of P Hole, the 1st baseman?

SaimoNETS
02-27-2011, 03:54 PM
I love how everyone outside of NJ is so sure that DWill's gonna leave.

knicks=love
02-27-2011, 03:54 PM
who cares? the nets aren't gonna be good for a few years anyway..

flclfanman
02-27-2011, 03:55 PM
I'll go as far as saying that is a better assembled big 3 than Miami. They will have all three major positions required on lock, while Miami is missing two of those.

If Miami can add a Defensive Center and a quality PG (someone who knows how to play D and hit a 3 pter), then they can probably beat NJ and their big 3.

In terms of Positions, its a Wash

Howard= Best center in the game
DWill= Aguably the best PG in the game
Granger is good

LBJ= best SF and player in the game
Wade=Arguably the best SG in the game
Bosh= a top 10(barely) PF in the game

I'd disagree about Miami not winning on skill. Theire Big 3 has talent but the ay they use said talent to perfect their game (except for the acting to get foul calls) IS a skill.

If NJ ever got this Big 3 they'd need a decent bench or they'd suffer like MIA in terms of bench scoring drought.

xxplayerxx23
02-27-2011, 03:56 PM

Then the knicks add CP3 and then we have three super teams :D

The Jokemaker
02-27-2011, 04:01 PM
There's not enough big 3's to go around in the league. Nets won't get squat but average to above average players around Deron. They should work on building up Lopez and developing whatever talent they do have on that team. Unfortunately the NBA will turn into a couple harlem globetrotters teams and the rest of the teams will be the scrubs they play each season. Having a 1 and 1a is fine, it's when you have 3 legitimate stars that it starts to get ridiculous.

The Jokemaker
02-27-2011, 04:04 PM
I love how everyone outside of NJ is so sure that DWill's gonna leave.

Let's take a look at the Nets recent track record with stars.

Melo didnt want to go there.
Amare didnt want to go there.
Lebron didn't want to go there.
Bosh didn't want to go there.
Wade didn't want to go there.
Boozer didn't want to go there.

Now judging from that, it's a reasonable assumption that Deron will bolt once FA hits but who knows what he'll do. New CBA could implement some new rules that heavily encourages Deron to stay and he will. Or he could bolt and join whoever else.

flclfanman
02-27-2011, 04:07 PM

Now judging from that, it's a reasonable assumption that Deron will bolt once FA hits but who knows what he'll do. New CBA could implement some new rules that heavily encourages Deron to stay and he will. Or he could bolt and join whoever else.

To be fair, there was nothing there when those guys came along. If NJ can build up something concrete (DWill) then other player might come to play if there's a chance they could win. A small market team can look attractive if there's pieces already in place (SA,OKC,POR,etc.) just depends on the state of the team.

flclfanman
02-27-2011, 04:12 PM
Dwill
Murrow
Granger
Humphries
D12

pick up T.J. Ford and Shane Battier in the Offseason and go from there

(Why am I giving the Nets this much advice? Imma Bulls fan! :mad: :confused: :mad: )

nycericanguy
02-27-2011, 04:27 PM
WHY CAN'T NJ GET HOWARD?

People on this site are dumb..

If DH12 decided to leave Orlando, NJ can easily offer Orlando the best package, with something including Brook Lopez.

Second, C/PG are the two most important positions, and I'm sure unlike many here, DH12 knows this.

Where else can DH12 go where a team will have cap space? Please don't say LA.. (By 2012, I'm pretty sure Kobe is done or close to it)

If the Nets can acquire Howard and get a scorer at the guard/SF position, they become the team to beat in the NBA, period.

I see potentially DH12/D-Will/Granger in NJ.

Doesn't matter what NJ can offer in terms of trade, matters where DH wants to play. Howard won't have a new CBA scaring him so he can go to FAgency and sign where he wants.

Who will have cap space in 2012? The Knicks with Melo & Amare for one. But its too soon to even discuss that, there could be a hard cap where the cap goes to $73m... and plenty of teams could clear space.

Bottom line is NJ won't have the 3 year $65m extension card to play like they did with Melo, although it didn't work. Howard will be able to choose where he wants to play.

GREATNESS ONE
02-27-2011, 04:35 PM
A Brand new move to Brooklyn is going to be the first step.

NYsFinest
02-27-2011, 04:43 PM
How do people have them getting all these players like granger, zbo, west etc and still signing howard??? To sign howard they would have to not do anything this summer and be a 30 win team with deron and expiring contracts (no humphries extension either). Lopez is nowhere near enough value to trade for howard and after this dwill trade this team is pretty much out of tradeable assets. Love to see dwill be happy next year playing for an awful team banking on howard coming to NJ, there is really no other fa in the next two years other than Howard that is worth it for the nets. So if howard doesn't choose nj, they are extremely limited in option to keep deron happy... let's hope andre kirlenko and zbo does the trick.

DasBoot
02-27-2011, 04:51 PM
No one. They might try to sign Wilson Chandler this off season which is a strong possibility or even try to bring back K-mart but I don't think anyone makes D-Will stay. Him being traded to the Net's just made it easier for him to house hunt in Westchester for when he and CP3 lobby for why they should be Knicks.

goose15
02-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Travis Outlaw :nod:

Swashcuff
02-27-2011, 05:40 PM
1. Why are so many posters hating on the Nets?
2. Why are so many people being so short sighted. If the last calender year of transactions has proven anything its that damn near anything is a possibility.
3. The Nets unlike most other organizations do not have much tradeable assets which will bring back in high returns (ala the Knicks prior to the Melo trade).
4. NONE of us can tell the future so bickering over where Dwight will and will not go is futile. I am willing to bet that two seasons ago NO ONE not even the biggest Heat homer had them getting LeBron this off season. Most of us thought if he did indeed leave Cleveland it will be for the Knicks. So don't emphatically deny the possibility of Dwight to the Nets.
5. Other than Dwight and CP3 there are no other superstar FA's to be had and the Nets don't have the assets to trade for another so they'd have to stick to looking for potential star players via FA.

Finally to deal with the OPs question

I'd say the players in which they should be targetting via FA are Nene, Taysaun Prince, Zach Randolph, Kevin Love, David West, Wilson Chandler, Thaddeus Young and Andrei Kirilenko.

The most likely and logical of the bunch in all honesty would are Nene and Taysaun Prince IMO. One can't forget they already have their #2 scoring option who attempts over 15 shots from the field at C in Brook Lopez so the possibility of them going after a Zach Randolph or a Kevin Love might be slim despite the fact that those two could take up Brook's slack as a rebounder but may just enhance his liability on the defensive end however.

As far as trade goes Josh Smith comes to mind. If they are able to sign a player such as Nene or hell Nene and Marc Gasol they'd be able to get rid of Brook and take a different direction at C while having a fringe all star player who could do a multitude of different things for them on the basketball court.

All this is pure speculation but hey we never know.

The Jokemaker
02-27-2011, 05:40 PM
To be fair, there was nothing there when those guys came along. If NJ can build up something concrete (DWill) then other player might come to play if there's a chance they could win. A small market team can look attractive if there's pieces already in place (SA,OKC,POR,etc.) just depends on the state of the team.

How in the sam hill did you get that they're small market? They're moving to Brooklyn in 2 years and currently are in NJ which isn't a small market.

SANDBURG23
02-27-2011, 05:48 PM
I see you guys signing or at least trying to sign Jamal Crawford & D.West this year, to bad the FA class is a little weak. Both the players could help keep D-will there. If you could move Petro and the LAL first to someone for a 2ndrd, you might get enough cap room to get both. You could get close to 24 million in cap room. To bad you guys sign'd T.Outlaw. You could use Crawford same way Atl does to get a real good 3 guard rotation. D.West provides scroing, rebounding and another target down low for D-Will.

It looks like the biggest thing to keeping D-Will to me though is that Lopez becoming his favorite pass partner. If he can learn to run the pick & roll like Boozer did with D-Will. If he could do that and getting his shooting over 50%, you could get D-Wil morel comfortable passing down low, and with the team. He already plays good defense, but man this guy really needs to work on his rebounding, for a 7ft C his pretty sad in that department. You would still have your's & the Hou 1strd and the MLE in '12 to get him to stay and still improve to a championship team.

flclfanman
02-27-2011, 05:50 PM
How in the sam hill did you get that they're small market? They're moving to Brooklyn in 2 years and currently are in NJ which isn't a small market.

I consider New Jersey a small market, Until they move to Brooklyn they're in a small market :shrug:

The Jokemaker
02-27-2011, 06:18 PM
I consider New Jersey a small market, Until they move to Brooklyn they're in a small market :shrug:

Population of 8.7 million with the highest density in the US and with a billionaire owner willing to spend doesn't classify as a small market. I understand where you're coming from but they're not.

JerseysFinest
02-27-2011, 06:18 PM

Disagee COMPLETELY. LeBron, Wade, & Bosh already had the idea of teaming up in Miami, so let's not even count them. But it was reported that LeBron liked the Nets presentation more than the Knicks. Nets were about to sign Carlos Boozer to a 5 year/75 million dollar contract, but Boozer and his agent wanted 5 extra million, but the Nets wouldn't budge. Chicago called, offered him the extra 5, and the deal closed. Amar'e was originally saying he would have come, and he even said he would play for them, early in the offseason. When the Nets were in discussions to trade for him in early 2009 or 2010, not sure when, he even said he would approve of the deal, excited at the possibility.

The Nets didn;t want to give him a 100 million/5 year contract because they believed his eye and knee injuries could potentially halt his career, and they would be stuck with his large contract. Even Kerr wasn't willing to give him a lot because of the same reason. And Carmelo already had it in his head he'd be a Knick since God knows when, but would Carmelo want the Knicks badly if Stoudemire wasn't there? Deron will most likely resign with NJ, because for one, the team will certainly be upgraded to Deron's liking, he's playing for an owner who will pay any cost to win, and the prospect of being the first NBA team in a market that has lacked a professional sports franchise in years in a brand new, glitzy high tech arena is intriguing to anyone. Plus, Nets will have an abundance of cap room in both the 2011 and 2012 offseasons, plus draft picks.

Swashcuff
02-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Disagee COMPLETELY. LeBron, Wade, & Bosh already had the idea of teaming up in Miami, so let's not even count them. But it was reported that LeBron liked the Nets presentation more than the Knicks. Nets were about to sign Carlos Boozer to a 5 year/75 million dollar contract, but Boozer and his agent wanted 5 extra million, but the Nets wouldn't budge. Chicago called, offered him the extra 5, and the deal closed. Amar'e was originally saying he would have come, and he even said he would play for them, early in the offseason. When the Nets were in discussions to trade for him in early 2009 or 2010, not sure when, he even said he would approve of the deal, excited at the possibility.

The Nets didn;t want to give him a 100 million/5 year contract because they believed his eye and knee injuries could potentially halt his career, and they would be stuck with his large contract. Even Kerr wasn't willing to give him a lot because of the same reason. And Carmelo already had it in his head he'd be a Knick since God knows when, but would Carmelo want the Knicks badly if Stoudemire wasn't there? Deron will most likely resign with NJ, because for one, the team will certainly be upgraded to Deron's liking, he's playing for an owner who will pay any cost to win, and the prospect of being the first NBA team in a market that has lacked a professional sports franchise in years in a brand new, glitzy high tech arena is intriguing to anyone. Plus, Nets will have an abundance of cap room in both the 2011 and 2012 offseasons, plus draft picks.

This is how you school someone who doesn't entirely know what they are talking about. :clap:

DeadlyVeyerus31
02-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Nobody, be right back where they were before they traded for him. Wanting a superstar player, with no talent around him.

VinceCarter
02-27-2011, 06:52 PM

:clap: Thanks for typing that for me.

VinceCarter
02-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Also I bet the Nets will sign David West.

DWill/Farmar
Morrow/Sasha
Damion James/Outlaw
David West/Hump
Lopez/ ???

Lake_Show2416
02-27-2011, 06:55 PM
I can't see him staying, even tho i want the Nets to succeed, they have a lot of trouble getting players and eventually imo Deron will leave to a Texas team but i doubt the Spurs.

-Rockets will have loads of cap room/money
-Mavs have good assets for a sign n trade and are always looking for a move (especially the PG position)

Swashcuff
02-27-2011, 06:58 PM

DWill/Farmar
Morrow/Sasha
Damion James/Outlaw
David West/Hump
Lopez/ ???

You bet that?

He by himself certainly isn't going to be enough to get Deron to stay. In order for you guys to be successful going forward you'd need a PF who will pick up Brook's slack. David West isn't going to be that guy.

VinceCarter
02-27-2011, 07:03 PM
You bet that?

He by himself certainly isn't going to be enough to get Deron to stay. In order for you guys to be successful going forward you'd need a PF who will pick up Brook's slack. David West isn't going to be that guy.

I totally agree but I think it's just another move to show DWill we mean business then during next year we can put together a package of Lopez, fillers, and basically the rest of our draft picks and try to get Dwight.

DWill/Farmar
Morrow/ ??
Damion James/ ??
David West/ Hump
Dwight Howard/ ??

drobe86
02-27-2011, 07:10 PM
I totally agree but I think it's just another move to show DWill we mean business then during next year we can put together a package of Lopez, fillers, and basically the rest of our draft picks and try to get Dwight.

DWill/Farmar
Morrow/ ??
Damion James/ ??
David West/ Hump
Dwight Howard/ ??

Dwight Howard is not playing for the Nets. You guys gotta get real man. Deron williams is not staying and playing for the Nets past next season. It still was a good trade because Devin Harris had run his course there and proved that he wasn't an elite level pg. Favors is on the fast track to bustdom and 2 1st rd draft picks in the NBA don't mean all that much. It was a great move, but its gonna take a miracle to get him to stay there...

SaimoNETS
02-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Dwight Howard is not playing for the Nets. You guys gotta get real man. Deron williams is not staying and playing for the Nets past next season. It still was a good trade because Devin Harris had run his course there and proved that he wasn't an elite level pg. Favors is on the fast track to bustdom and 2 1st rd draft picks in the NBA don't mean all that much. It was a great move, but its gonna take a miracle to get him to stay there...

1. How are you so sure that he's gonna leave?
2. Just because Harris wasn't elite, doesn't mean he wasn't good. He's an above-average PG who is better than what most people give him credit for. We traded him because he was tired of having his name pop up in trade rumors every day.
3. Favors is 19 and hasn't even played an entire year in the league yet. I think you should give him a little more time before you start calling him a bust.
4. I don't get it. How do you think this is a good move if you know that he's gonna leave? Please explain.

Slimsim
02-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Dwill Granger and D12 is a lethal big three

CostanzaNumba0
02-27-2011, 08:31 PM
I think they really hurt themselves with the dwill trade, hes not happy ther and its not like playing in newark next year in front of 8000 fans a night is going to convince him to resign, pro athletes do not like playing the role of little brother

knicks=love
02-28-2011, 09:57 AM

DWill/Farmar
Morrow/Sasha
Damion James/Outlaw
David West/Hump
Lopez/ ???

I'll say at most 25 wins, if that.