Rose
Bogans
Lebron/Deng
Boozer
Noah

okay bench

Cavs....
Obviously the worst

Now looking back at all the teams lebron considered....which team was the best? It seems that miami was the right choice. He gets to play with his friends and all of the other teams (minus the bulls) are terrible. Sure they would be better with him but Miami without him and better role players would still be a playoff team. None of the other teams would be.

Besides all of the hate...he made the right choice. What do you think?

NYKalltheway
02-26-2011, 08:48 PM
You do realize that with Lebron at the Knicks, Felton would have not been signed right?
And I doubt the Deron move would have been made if Lebron was playing for the Nets...

hugepatsfan
02-26-2011, 08:50 PM
That's misleading. For example, if he went to CHI, they probably get Bosh instead of Boozer. NJ would probably have gotten Boozer if Lebron went there. I think he made the right choice going to MIA though. The only think that might hurt them is if the MLE is taken away in the new CBA because they gave up a lot of picks through S&Ts as well. But they still have 2 great role players in Haslem and Miller locked up long term. And ring chasers will take less to go there, so they should be fine adding the remaining role players.

poleandreel
02-26-2011, 08:51 PM
You do realize that with Lebron at the Knicks, Felton would have not been signed right?
And I doubt the Deron move would have been made if Lebron was playing for the Nets...

The knicks signed felton for 15.8 million over 2 years. They had enough after signing lebron to also sign felton.

The nets trade could have also happened because lebron would have been pushing for more help and they gave up barely anything to get him.

poleandreel
02-26-2011, 08:53 PM
That's misleading. For example, if he went to CHI, they probably get Bosh instead of Boozer. NJ would probably have gotten Boozer if Lebron went there. I think he made the right choice going to MIA though. The only think that might hurt them is if the MLE is taken away in the new CBA because they gave up a lot of picks through S&Ts as well. But they still have 2 great role players in Haslem and Miller locked up long term. And ring chasers will take less to go there, so they should be fine adding the remaining role players.

Lebron was the last player to make his decision. all of the other players had already committed to their respective teams. nothing else could have changed

Gootie42
02-26-2011, 08:53 PM
Seriously, there's no need for this. I don't care what anyone says, there was NO WAY the Heat would have gutted literally the ENTIRE TEAM unless they knew Wade was coming back, and bringing his friend(s) to play with him.

hugepatsfan
02-26-2011, 08:54 PM
The knicks signed felton for 15.8 million over 2 years. They had enough after signing lebron to also sign felton.

The nets trade could have also happened because lebron would have been pushing for more help and they gave up barely anything to get him.

The Nets look like they would have been a great choice. They probably would have gotten Boozer if Lebron went there. And they still could have pulled off the D-Will trade. And they wouldn't have signed Outlaw either. In retrospect, knowing what we know now, that looks like maybe the best choice:

D-Will
Morrow (floor spacing)
Lebron
Boozer
Brook Lopez

That's a damn good starting 5. Not sure Booz and Lopez are the best compliments down low, but it's still a great starting 5 IMO.

uptownfan
02-26-2011, 09:01 PM
People might not take my opinion since I'm a Bulls fan but I think if he wanted to give himself the best chance to win, then he should have picked the Bulls. Bulls have just about the same record as the Heat do now, so imagine the Bulls with LeBron. It was all pre-planned though. LeBron has always been good friends with Wade and Bosh, and LeBron had some beef with Noah. Even though at the time it seemed like there was a legit chance that the Bulls could have signed him, looking back it makes sense that he picked the Heat when you consider all the other factors of his choice besides what happens on the court.

prodigy
02-26-2011, 09:05 PM
If Lebron would've resigned Bosh would be on the Cavs. Make sure you understand that. Shaq and Z would have also resigned.

Shaq
Bosh
Lebron
Parker
Williams

Hickson, Jamsion, Gibson, Z, etc...

Kobes a Killer
02-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Wow, another LeBron thread, holy effin crap enough is enough

Jonathan2323
02-26-2011, 09:15 PM
This is stupid because you dont take into account cap space.

Let the season play out.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Don't know why people are saying boozer would have signed here or bosh would have signed there. Everybody basically had signed by "the Decision." Bosh and Wade were already in Miami, Boozer was already in Chicago.

So, Bosh wouldn't have gone to the Cavs if LBJ stayed, Boozer wouldn't be on the Nets if LBJ went to the Chi.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-26-2011, 09:19 PM
And I don't think its a homer statement to say he would have had the best team if he chose Chicago. Rose/LBJ/Deng/Boozer/Noah, along with Taj and asik off the bench and possibly 1 of korver or brewer.

azamat
02-26-2011, 09:20 PM
If Lebron would've resigned Bosh would be on the Cavs. Make sure you understand that. Shaq and Z would have also resigned.

Shaq
Bosh
Lebron
Parker
Williams

Hickson, Jamsion, Gibson, Z, etc...

I dont know about that one. Bosh already signed with miami before lebron made his decision. And yeah, I know your going to come back with the theory lebron already decided he was going to miami 5 years before his FA, blah blah blah...

MFFL==FML
02-26-2011, 09:21 PM
If he would have chosen Dallas for the Dust Chip, it would have been:

PG: Jason Kidd
SG: Rodrigue Beaubois
SF: Lebron James
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C : Brendan Haywood

With the Bench of: Jason Terry, Shawn Marion, Jose Barea, Peja Stojakovic, Ian Mahinmi, DeShawn Stevenson, Dominique Jones and Brian Cardinal

Sorry, this would have been the most complete team in the NBA today. Dirk and Lebron would be better than Wade and Bosh, Kobe and Pau, Amare and Carmelo, or any other duo.

uptownfan
02-26-2011, 09:23 PM

With the Bench of: Jason Terry, Shawn Marion, Jose Barea, Peja Stojakovic, Ian Mahinmi, DeShawn Stevenson, Dominique Jones and Brian Cardinal

Sorry, this would have been the most complete team in the NBA today. Dirk and Lebron would be better than Wade and Bosh, Kobe and Pau, Amare and Carmelo, or any other duo.
I don't get it.

blastmasta26
02-26-2011, 09:24 PM
And I don't think its a homer statement to say he would have had the best team if he chose Chicago. Rose/LBJ/Deng/Boozer/Noah, along with Taj and asik off the bench and possibly 1 of korver or brewer.
Chicago would've been the best team in that list for sure. Best starting lineup in terms of talent and complements.

MFFL==FML
02-26-2011, 09:27 PM
I don't get it.

I'm apologizing because while each team thinks had James signed with their team, they would be the best. In other words, ''I hate to burst your bubble," but Dallas is and was still the best choice if he wants a ring now. :P

uptownfan
02-26-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm apologizing because while each team thinks had James signed with their team, they would be the best. In other words, ''I hate to burst your bubble," but Dallas is and was still the best choice if he wants a ring now. :P

That's why I don't get it... He already signed with the Heat and that is that... nobody wants to argue which team would have given him the best chance at this point. In May and June it would have been up for debate

MFFL==FML
Personally, I also believe Miami made a huge mistake by not even trying to get Dirk Nowitzki (thank God!).

Wade/James/Nowitzki = 3 superstars as opposed to 2 superstars and a good player with Bosh

Nowitzki is a superior shooter to Bosh (not to mention James and Wade) and would compliment the team much better. I'm just glad they didn't! :)

marlinsfan24
Chicago's lineup would have been the best, but would it actually be the best team? That's something else to think about. Would Rose be able to work with Lebron at this point in his career? That's not putting Rose down, but the fact is he's better on the ball and Lebron would force on off the ball. Wade, I think was at a point in his career where he could make that switch.

Anyways, this thread is useless because it's another "what if" scenario.

blastmasta26
02-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Personally, I also believe Miami made a huge mistake by not even trying to get Dirk Nowitzki (thank God!).

Wade/James/Nowitzki = 3 superstars as opposed to 2 superstars and a good player with Bosh

Nowitzki is a superior shooter to Bosh (not to mention James and Wade) and would compliment the team much better. I'm just glad they didn't! :)
I don't know if Nowitzki would have left Dallas so easily, and I doubt they're friends. Besides, Bosh is younger and is definitely a star in today's NBA.

NBAfan4life
02-26-2011, 10:01 PM
Honestly I'm not a bulls fan but Lebron Rose Noah and Bosh or Boozer would of been a good *** team.

IMO Bulls but that is just me best chance for success right away not that the Heat aren't playing well.

Arch Stanton
02-27-2011, 02:39 AM
Maybe the Cavs didn't have the best team for LeBron. But I don't necessarily think that there bench is/was horrible seeing that they had one of the better benches in the league last year.

abe_froman
02-27-2011, 02:41 AM
That's misleading. For example, if he went to CHI, they probably get Bosh instead of Boozer.
no,we signed boozer before we even met with lebron.so it'd still be boozer

abe_froman
02-27-2011, 02:46 AM
Chicago's lineup would have been the best, but would it actually be the best team? That's something else to think about. Would Rose be able to work with Lebron at this point in his career? That's not putting Rose down, but the fact is he's better on the ball and Lebron would force on off the ball. Wade, I think was at a point in his career where he could make that switch.

this.

NetsPaint
02-27-2011, 02:51 AM
Griffin/Jordan/Gordon/Davis(when he was there)/LeBron would have been interesting.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-27-2011, 02:54 AM
I don't know if Nowitzki would have left Dallas so easily, and I doubt they're friends. Besides, Bosh is younger and is definitely a star in today's NBA.

Dirk actually said he would've considered Miami had Lebron and Wade told him about it earlier.

Stuckey#3
02-27-2011, 02:55 AM
Heat

Besides all of the hate...he made the right choice. What do you think?

Heat Forum...

If you insist on stroking your stars ego do it in your forum.

hotpotato1092
02-27-2011, 02:58 AM
I'm gonna copy and past two posts I made earlier today in a similar thread saying why he should have chosen the Bulls:

Post one: I don't see how LeBron could watch a Bulls game and not think "man, I wish I was playing with Derrick Rose". Assuming Bosh was following him wherever he went, just logically he was picking between Wade, and Rose/Noah/Gibson/Deng. And honestly if he was that desperate for Wade, I'm guessing they could have dealt Deng to the Clips to clear up more money. We all dodged a bullet by him choosing the Heat, because those Bulls team legitimately would have won 70 games every year. Oh, and I'm a Knicks fan, this isn't Derrick Rose homerism, this is fact.

Post two: To be honest, I don't see how LeBron wouldn't regret not choosing the Bulls. Throw away the Noah factor, throw away Deng and Gibson, throw away playing for a better coach, just compare Derrick Rose to Dwyane Wade. Derrick Rose might be the better player RIGHT NOW, you could argue that he isn't, personally I think they're pretty even, but Derrick Rose is a 22 year old point guard with a clean bill of health, Dwyane Wade is a 29 year old shooting guard with serious health issues. Dwyane Wade might be better for a title run or two, but if you really wanna pass Jordan do you really think Wade would be as good during title #6 as he would be during title #1? If you choose Rose, he's not even be 30 when you reach #6, assuming they didn't screw things up too badly, THEY COULD HAVE WON 10 TITLES!!!!!!!!! And just look at it from a playing standpoint, both are great scorers who admittedly do need the ball, but Rose is a better passer, and just from a personality standpoint, who is more likely to defer to LeBron, the guy in his 7th year and in his prime who already has a ring, or the 22 year old 3rd year known as one of the most humble guys in the league? Now when you add back in Noah, Deng, Gibson and Thibadeau, Chicago is BY FAR the better choice. I don't see how that's even debatable (but of course the Heat fans will try). LeBron could have been the undisputed leader of the greatest dynasty professional sports would ever see, now he's sharing the spotlight with a worse player fighting just to win one title (and given the current state of Boston, LA and San Antonio, and the futures of Oklahoma City, Chicago, and New York, they may never get one). Chicago was the right choice, Miami was not.

YourTeamSucks
02-27-2011, 03:01 AM
he did the right thing join two other superstars so he can get a championship but with that said KD>LeBron

hotpotato1092
02-27-2011, 03:02 AM

No, Boozer signed after Chicago knew they weren't getting Bosh, it was later in the day of the Wade/Bosh Wilbon interview on ESPN. If LeBron would have told Bosh he was going to Chicago he would have followed, Boozer would have then gone to Miami to play with Wade.

Stuckey#3
02-27-2011, 03:03 AM
Chicago was the right choice, Miami was not.

I agree. But Lebrick's ego is too big to play a supporting role to DRose. I'm a Piston's fan but have mad respect for DRose and Noah. Two young players who can lead a team the right way.

NBAfan4life
02-27-2011, 03:20 AM
I'm gonna copy and past two posts I made earlier today in a similar thread saying why he should have chosen the Bulls:

Post one: I don't see how LeBron could watch a Bulls game and not think "man, I wish I was playing with Derrick Rose". Assuming Bosh was following him wherever he went, just logically he was picking between Wade, and Rose/Noah/Gibson/Deng. And honestly if he was that desperate for Wade, I'm guessing they could have dealt Deng to the Clips to clear up more money. We all dodged a bullet by him choosing the Heat, because those Bulls team legitimately would have won 70 games every year. Oh, and I'm a Knicks fan, this isn't Derrick Rose homerism, this is fact.

Post two: To be honest, I don't see how LeBron wouldn't regret not choosing the Bulls. Throw away the Noah factor, throw away Deng and Gibson, throw away playing for a better coach, just compare Derrick Rose to Dwyane Wade. Derrick Rose might be the better player RIGHT NOW, you could argue that he isn't, personally I think they're pretty even, but Derrick Rose is a 22 year old point guard with a clean bill of health, Dwyane Wade is a 29 year old shooting guard with serious health issues. Dwyane Wade might be better for a title run or two, but if you really wanna pass Jordan do you really think Wade would be as good during title #6 as he would be during title #1? If you choose Rose, he's not even be 30 when you reach #6, assuming they didn't screw things up too badly, THEY COULD HAVE WON 10 TITLES!!!!!!!!! And just look at it from a playing standpoint, both are great scorers who admittedly do need the ball, but Rose is a better passer, and just from a personality standpoint, who is more likely to defer to LeBron, the guy in his 7th year and in his prime who already has a ring, or the 22 year old 3rd year known as one of the most humble guys in the league? Now when you add back in Noah, Deng, Gibson and Thibadeau, Chicago is BY FAR the better choice. I don't see how that's even debatable (but of course the Heat fans will try). LeBron could have been the undisputed leader of the greatest dynasty professional sports would ever see, now he's sharing the spotlight with a worse player fighting just to win one title (and given the current state of Boston, LA and San Antonio, and the futures of Oklahoma City, Chicago, and New York, they may never get one). Chicago was the right choice, Miami was not.

Besides the giant paragraphs THIS ^^^^

Lebron with a legit young center and PG and a good cast contenders for years if not champions. The Laker nation and I thank you Lebron for not signing with the Bulls.

hugepatsfan
02-27-2011, 03:22 AM

Bosh is closer to Lebron. That's the guy he wanted, and that is why every team talked to Bosh before Boozer.

hugepatsfan
02-27-2011, 03:23 AM
I agree. But Lebrick's ego is too big to play a supporting role to DRose. I'm a Piston's fan but have mad respect for DRose and Noah. Two young players who can lead a team the right way.

Lebron doesn't play a "supporting" role to anyone on the court. He is the best player in the NBA. Rose is a great player, but he doesn't even compare to Lebron. And that's not a knock at all. Lebron is that good.

abe_froman
02-27-2011, 03:34 AM
Lebron doesn't play a "supporting" role to anyone on the court. He is the best player in the NBA. Rose is a great player, but he doesn't even compare to Lebron. And that's not a knock at all. Lebron is that good.

yeah,thats why rose really didnt want him here.he didnt want to be cast into the sidekick role because your right that the spotlight as main guy will be given to lebron wherever he goes...even happened in miami,to my surprise

harm0n1x
02-27-2011, 03:41 AM
this **** is totally misleading, considering you're basing it off moves that were just made this past trade deadline.. fail. if you didn't know, toronto was willing to trade bosh to cleveland, but bosh didn't want to. k thanks.

NetsPaint
02-27-2011, 03:46 AM
I don't get why people are saying what he SHOULD have done. I'm not a fan of him because of his personality, that's the only thing.

What he SHOULDN'T have done is that TV special.

It's ironic that people are saying he needed those two to win a ring, but are pointing out the other teams would have been better. Wouldn't that mean he's taking on a bigger challenge now then? Shouldn't you still be giving him that respect as a basketball player?

That is, of course, you are the same people who think he wanted an easy way out.

Also, those are his close friends. Everybody's different. Maybe he legitimately wanted to play with his close friends.

harm0n1x
02-27-2011, 03:48 AM
I don't get why people are saying what he SHOULD have done. I'm not a fan of him because of his personality, that's the only thing.

What he SHOULDN'T have done is that TV special.

It's ironic that people are saying he needed those two to win a ring, but are pointing out the other teams would have been better. Wouldn't that mean he's taking on a bigger challenge now then? Shouldn't you still be giving him that respect as a basketball player?

That is, of course, you are the same people who think he wanted an easy way out.

Also, those are his close friends. Everybody's different. Maybe he legitimately wanted to play with his close friends.

:clap:

Trace
02-27-2011, 05:01 AM
People might not take my opinion since I'm a Bulls fan but I think if he wanted to give himself the best chance to win, then he should have picked the Bulls. Bulls have just about the same record as the Heat do now, so imagine the Bulls with LeBron. It was all pre-planned though. LeBron has always been good friends with Wade and Bosh, and LeBron had some beef with Noah. Even though at the time it seemed like there was a legit chance that the Bulls could have signed him, looking back it makes sense that he picked the Heat when you consider all the other factors of his choice besides what happens on the court.

Rose didn't want Lebron to come. He wanted Joe Johnson.

icej
02-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Wade, LBj, Bosh are very good friends -- It doesn't matter what anyone of us say or wanted, they wanted to play together.

No need to over analyze what should have happened coz, its as simple as friends colluding to play together whatever is the cost. - Riley just gave them what they wanted, and happily so.

BALLER R
02-27-2011, 10:02 AM
seeing as the new jersery trade came out of no where how exactly would it have happened if lebron had went to new jersery

icej
02-27-2011, 10:13 AM
he did the right thing join two other superstars so he can get a championship but with that said KD>LeBron

Not even KD himself would admit to that. Try again.

ldawg
02-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Lebron in New York with Amare was best he would have been on top the sport world. Bosh and Wade was enough in Miami with an upgrade a pg. Lebron and Wade is not a good fit it looks ok because of Bosh but Wade and Lebron just take turns. Can you picture Lebron and Amare and a shooter in Mike system without him having to alter his game with Wade? much better fit than in Miami. Lebron and Amare or D Howard is a very nice pair. Lebron and Wade is like D Howard playing Amare its just not smooth it takes alot of effort and alter of their game to make it work.

xnick5757
02-27-2011, 10:27 AM

nope if he went to the celtics...

PG: Rondo
SG: Ray Allen
F: Paul Pierce
F: Lebron James
C: Kevin Garnett

Bench: West, Green, Big Baby, Wafer, etc.

rondo/allen/pierce/james/garnett >>>>>>>>> kidd/james/dirk

prodigy
02-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Don't know why people are saying boozer would have signed here or bosh would have signed there. Everybody basically had signed by "the Decision." Bosh and Wade were already in Miami, Boozer was already in Chicago.

So, Bosh wouldn't have gone to the Cavs if LBJ stayed, Boozer wouldn't be on the Nets if LBJ went to the Chi.

Thats cuz Lebron believes he is god and dragged everything out.

prodigy
02-27-2011, 12:28 PM
I dont know about that one. Bosh already signed with miami before lebron made his decision. And yeah, I know your going to come back with the theory lebron already decided he was going to miami 5 years before his FA, blah blah blah...

Anyway you look at it Lebron is a total D-bag. He never recruited while in Cleveland, He drags out decisions, He treats people like crap etc... I'm still at aw that people find a way to defend him.

Thats the problem with the NBA, Players are bigger then the teams and the game. Kinda sad really.

metsfanssince05
02-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Assume the Knicks sign Howard.

Which big 3 is better.

Amar'e, Melo, Howard
vs
Lebron, Wade, Bosh.

LAOwnsAll15
02-27-2011, 12:31 PM
its obvious he made the right move, although if i wouldnt be so happy about Bosh being 1/3 of core for the future. The Bosh signing was probably just to validate the Heats immediate contention.

Certain teams werent equipped to welcome an ego-manic player like lebron james.

rufo4100
02-27-2011, 12:46 PM
I think he should have signed with LA Clippers.