PDA

View Full Version : Lakers are not catching the C's in the standings

C-Style
02-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Just saw both teams schedules, and C's schedule is so easy and ours is probably the most difficult in the league. I doubt the C's will take their foot off the gas petal. They will do everything in there power to have HC vs Lakers even Heat and bulls for that matter.

Lakers Schedule:
http://www.nba.com/lakers/schedule/index.html

Celtics Schedule:
http://www.nba.com/celtics/schedule/2010-2011-regular-season-schedule.html

New Power House
02-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Just saw both teams schedules, and C's schedule is so easy and ours is probably the most difficult in the league. I doubt the C's will take their foot off the gas petal. They will do everything in there power to have HC vs Lakers even Heat and bulls for that matter.

Lakers Schedule:

Celtics Schedule:

The sky is falling! The only thing the Lakers have to worry is to be healthy and in rhythm. This is not 2008! This a more seasoned team with a better cast.

Iron24th
02-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Honestly since the Perkins trade,I'm not sure anymore the celts will reach the Finals.

Kobes a Killer
02-26-2011, 09:12 PM
3-0 since the all star break, I think the Lakers have something to prove, I think they are ashamed. I don't care who we play, we are ready! We've had enough! Matt Barnes is coming back soon! Bring it on whom ever we play!!!

championships
02-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Celts won't make it there anyways. I can actually see the bulls make a surprising run at the finals. If that happens we would take them in 5 maybe 6 games. We know Boozer can't handle our front line. Noah and Boozer have no shot against Bynum and Pau. Then I bet we switch Ron and Kobe on Rose to slow him down. First things first though, We have to get there. Can't look past the Spurs.

midwestlaker75
02-26-2011, 10:10 PM
It will be tough, But having traded the heart and soul on defense and a key bench player (Perkins and Robinson) Some of those games that would have been lay-ups for them just became a little tougher. And they do not have the services of a real center Krstic is a far cry from Perkins on defense and they do not have Jermaine or Benedict O'Neal as reliable sources either. And let's face it the Lakers are heating up!

numba1CHANGsta
02-26-2011, 10:13 PM
The Heat and Bulls will catch the Celtics dropping them to the third seed, meaning they will faceoff Melo and the Knicks in the first round! :O

KillaInstinct24
02-26-2011, 10:21 PM
in a perfect world, chicago would get the number 1 seed :laugh:

shep33
02-26-2011, 10:27 PM
HCA doesn't matter against Boston, I'm confident we can win 2 games at the garden, people forget that we actually blew a game in last years finals in Boston.

shep33
02-26-2011, 10:47 PM
We have to get through the Spurs first...

Jewelz0376
02-27-2011, 01:08 AM
I'm actually more worried about the Mavs then the Spurs...for two reasons...Mavs have more size to matchup with the lakers...and i think Spurs will lose to Thunder in 2nd round, so lakers won't play them ne ways...

whitemamba33
02-27-2011, 01:54 AM
People who are relieved that Boston got rid of Perkins and don't think Boston will be a threat need to realize that they now have roster spots open and there are going to be players that would love to play there. Boston isn't stupid.

shep33
02-27-2011, 02:35 AM
I'm actually more worried about the Mavs then the Spurs...for two reasons...Mavs have more size to matchup with the lakers...and i think Spurs will lose to Thunder in 2nd round, so lakers won't play them ne ways...

I want us to get the 3rd seed, and I want Dallas to have HCA against us. I'm so sick of their fans talking junk.

I'm confident we can beat the Mavericks if they had HCA. Again... sick of Maverick fans. Let them have HCA and then after we beat them we'll see what kind of excuse they make up for getting knocked out again

Avenged
02-27-2011, 04:41 AM
Boston let go of their defensive big, thus getting a bit thinner in their frontcourt.

They held the advantage in the froncourt and now I'm even more confident the Lakers can beat them with or without HCA. Trading away Perkins is a blessing for us if we make it to the Finals against them.

As far as them having room for another big or so, nothing will come close to what they had in Perkins. This is not to say we would kick the Celtics *** because it will most likely be a long series, but they did make it a bit "easier" for us.

Watch out for Chicago though, that team is for real and is beating every good, elite team out there.

shep33
02-27-2011, 04:47 AM
Boston let go of their defensive big, thus getting a bit thinner in their frontcourt.

They held the advantage in the froncourt and now I'm even more confident the Lakers can beat them with or without HCA. Trading away Perkins is a blessing for us if we make it to the Finals against them.

As far as them having room for another big or so, nothing will come close to what they had in Perkins. This is not to say we would kick the Celtics *** because it will most likely be a long series, but they did make it a bit "easier" for us.

Watch out for Chicago though, that team is for real and is beating every good, elite team out there.

I agree, Chicago is very good... Miami is always going to be tough just based off it's starpower. Boston is still the favorite out east IMO, but its not that big of a spread anymore.

ldawg
02-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Lets not forget they have Shaq and Jo come playoff time to add to Big baby and Kristic. They are bigger than last years and with green are a bit quicker as well don't be fooled they are more versatile than they were a year ago also. Shaq and Jo will be motivated and they both can out perform perkins who is not the most healthy dude either. He avg just 0bpg, 5rpg and 7ppg wooo the Celtics gave up alot, can you say Big Baby. They might also add Troy or Leon expect them to speed up the game if they face Lakers. How many minutes does Bynum play? Do he close games? Why do they need 5 centers they can't play them all its only one ball. Boston is still the best in the east and they have a player behind Paul with speed and length now to hound Lebron, Wade, Kobe etc. I laugh at first too but i now see were they are going with this its not so funny anymore its a good move. Lakers don't even have one back up center with Bynum still healing and is due, they just wear out poor Gasol what would they do without him? To beat Lakers you speed the game up they can't get back on defense, you just need a big to put on Bynum for 28 minutes. Shaq and jo can handle that 12 fouls.
Many of you seem to think Bynum is a young Shaq. Snap out of it he is not you don't need to load up on bigs.

Kobe4Life
02-27-2011, 10:43 AM

Lakers Schedule:

Celtics Schedule:

Maybe you should change your username to "Miss Cleo" and by the way a real fan never doubts his team looks like your more of celtics fan.

Avenged
02-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Lets not forget they have Shaq and Jo come playoff time to add to Big baby and Kristic. They are bigger than last years and with green are a bit quicker as well don't be fooled they are more versatile than they were a year ago also. Shaq and Jo will be motivated and they both can out perform perkins who is not the most healthy dude either. He avg just 0bpg, 5rpg and 7ppg wooo the Celtics gave up alot, can you say Big Baby. They might also add Troy or Leon expect them to speed up the game if they face Lakers. How many minutes does Bynum play? Do he close games? Why do they need 5 centers they can't play them all its only one ball. Boston is still the best in the east and they have a player behind Paul with speed and length now to hound Lebron, Wade, Kobe etc. I laugh at first too but i now see were they are going with this its not so funny anymore its a good move. Lakers don't even have one back up center with Bynum still healing and is due, they just wear out poor Gasol what would they do without him? To beat Lakers you speed the game up they can't get back on defense, you just need a big to put on Bynum for 28 minutes. Shaq and jo can handle that 12 fouls.
Many of you seem to think Bynum is a young Shaq. Snap out of it he is not you don't need to load up on bigs.

J.O will do nothing for them. He's not the same J.O of the past, he should be the least of our worries. If I'm not mistaken, J.O had one of the worse playoff series of all-time last season, he's not a threat.

The only problem I see is Shaq/Big Baby. Glen always seems to have his way with us and is a big time energy player. With that said, that rotation is thinner than a rotation with Perkins.

handle
02-27-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm a little less concerned with the Celtics now because Perkins physically abuses and emotionally traumatizes our soft / foul prone big men. Shaq has the ability to do so as well, but thankfully he's very old and probably won't get much playing time. At this point in his career, J.O. is slightly better than Joe Smith, and that's assuming he'll be healthy - so obviously, he's not much of a concern. Thanks, Ainge!

ldawg
02-27-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm a little less concerned with the Celtics now because Perkins physically abuses and emotionally traumatizes our soft / foul prone big men. Shaq has the ability to do so as well, but thankfully he's very old and probably won't get much playing time. At this point in his career, J.O. is slightly better than Joe Smith, and that's assuming he'll be healthy - so obviously, he's not much of a concern. Thanks, Ainge!

Yes Jo is not the jo of old but when Healthy he is still a shot blocker, Old Shaq can still handle Bynum. KG is more healthy than he was last year. Boston has the same percentage of winning without perkins. Are you saying we could not beat Boston with perkins? We did already game 7 or not? Bynum was not healthy either. They are better, Perkins is a poor rebounder and he is more grounded this year, you are over rating him and his mean look. West is a bigger pg and they now have a player to match up with Odom. don't be fooled, Perkins is not that great sure he can box out but so can baby and Shaq. They have seen what gives us trouble there game plan has changed. You do not stand still and go face to face with a power puncher. We are not a perfect team we don't have a shooter or back up center and they have hca. They can beat us as much as we can beat them its is going to come down to who can force the tempo to their advantage. Just a note, we were better when we were quicker. winning was easy for us It takes more effort now. I still think we can beat them but it has nothing to do with the loss of Perkins. They lost him but they gain more.