PDA

View Full Version : Kendrick Perkins out 2-3 weeks

shep33
02-26-2011, 05:06 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=953&line=154194&spln=1

This is gonna be interesting, playoffs are starting soon, and OKC still has to integrate him into the lineup.

Still they should be fine with Nazr there.

Chacarron
02-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Has he taken the physical yet? If he hasn't taken it yet, what would happen if he fails the exam? Does the trade get void?

hugepatsfan
02-26-2011, 05:10 PM
He will be easy to fit into the lineup. He doesn't demand touches at all. All he needs to do is play great one on one post defense like he can. The only learning curve for him will be their defensive rotation schemes. The offensive plays should be pretty easy for him because he won't have a huge role in any of them.

shep33
02-26-2011, 05:13 PM
He will be easy to fit into the lineup. He doesn't demand touches at all. All he needs to do is play great one on one post defense like he can. The only learning curve for him will be their defensive rotation schemes. The offensive plays should be pretty easy for him because he won't have a huge role in any of them.

true, but you'd also like to think that he needs to be out there just to gain some sort of defensive chemistry with the guys. Like you said, rotations etc.

Spurred1
02-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Nazr's pretty bad from what I recall. Not much of a step up from Krstic-hope Perkins comes back healthy.

Lim
02-26-2011, 05:42 PM
this is another reason why boston traded him, they realize he has lost a step or two since the surgery

Carey
02-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Nazr's pretty bad from what I recall. Not much of a step up from Krstic-hope Perkins comes back healthy.

He's a clear upgrade from Krstic, the only thing he doesnt do better is shoot the mid range jumper. As far as Perk our medical team is usually a little more conservative with injuries then most but i have no concerns whatsoever, they flunked Tyson Chandler over a toe, no way they take on Perk if they felt the knee problems were chronic or that he was a shell of himself as a player

Kakaroach
02-26-2011, 06:00 PM
They knew the risk of trading for him. Still, it doesn't seem like it will be serious.

The BodyGuard
02-26-2011, 06:00 PM
:( Well That's not a good sign

DwayneMVPwade
02-26-2011, 06:01 PM
this is pretty funny

Spurred1
02-26-2011, 06:01 PM
He's a clear upgrade from Krstic, the only thing he doesnt do better is shoot the mid range jumper. As far as Perk our medical team is usually a little more conservative with injuries then most but i have no concerns whatsoever, they flunked Tyson Chandler over a toe, no way they take on Perk if they felt the knee problems were chronic or that he was a shell of himself as a player

Krstic must have been worse than I thought-I don't see a whole lot of OKC games, so my knowledge of him is limited.
I do remember Nazr from his days with the Spurs and not being terribly impressed with him. Granted, that was a few years ago, so he may have improved. But I'm guessing he'll be backup once Perkins returns, anyway, so it doesn't make much difference in the long run.

shep33
02-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Nazr isn't as bad as people think. He does his job defensively, and i mean realistically he's gonna be a solid backup for them.

Baller1
02-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Better safe than sorry.

Anilyzer
02-26-2011, 06:58 PM
yeah OKC should void the trade he Perkins is injured

Anilyzer
02-26-2011, 06:59 PM
or not. easier for Lakers if they do or if they don't

Sadds The Gr8
02-26-2011, 07:05 PM
is it the same knee he messed up last year?

Frrrrank!!!
02-26-2011, 07:07 PM
No

toronto4life
02-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Thats why Danny ainge traded him for Jeff Green.

hugepatsfan
02-26-2011, 07:13 PM
Thats why Danny ainge traded him for Jeff Green.

No it's not. Danny liked Green coming out of college and probably would have drafted him for the Celtics if the Ray Allen trade didn't happen. He sees probably sees Green as a piece he wants in BOS long term. But unless they traded for him (and his bird rights), that was never going to happen. Perk, because of his offensive limitations, isn't a guy that a rebuilding team will want to pay long term. That's why this trade was made from BOS's perspective - and they have a potential lotery pick as a bonus.

magichatnumber9
02-26-2011, 07:16 PM
If OKC is lucky Perk will be somewhat of what he used to be. To me it seemed Perk's best game was his first game back. After that he slowed down quite a bit. This trade will be viewed very differently in a couple months I guarantee. Danny your a bastard but I love ya.

The BodyGuard
02-26-2011, 07:41 PM
I think he will be just fine when he gets back

LTBaByyy
02-26-2011, 07:48 PM
And he is going to demand 10+ mil a year???

Wow. He is never healthy, plus this is the opposite knee he already injured

Reminds me of Brandon Roy this year

Carey
02-26-2011, 07:52 PM
I find it funny the rocket science people are trying to make out of this....

Boston didnt have the money to sign Perk long term, my guess is they'd rather assure themselves of signing Baby. We werent gonna resign Krstic or Green(because he'd be too expensive for the role he'd have to play for us to take the next step). Boston also get's a future pick that will be higher then what they are used to the last few yrs which helps them think about the future on the run. We are in great position to resign Perk who has already said he wants to be in OKC long term, if it doesnt work out we still have plenty of cap space to sign a replacement at center. Both teams did well

Lim
02-26-2011, 08:12 PM
hey carey might want to change your sig

LTBaByyy
02-26-2011, 08:23 PM
I was playing NBA 2k11 on HOF difficulty and Jeff Green kicked my Mavs *** when he came into the game

Dunking on Dirk and Butler lol finished with 20 and 8 off the bench

shep33
02-26-2011, 08:37 PM
I was playing NBA 2k11 on HOF difficulty and Jeff Green kicked my Mavs *** when he came into the game

Dunking on Dirk and Butler lol finished with 20 and 8 off the bench

Jeff Green> Miami's big 3.

LTBaByyy
02-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Jeff Green> Miami's big 3.

Haha I was sitting here like finally Doc puts in subs

I can make a run, then Jeff Green goes off!!!!!

Raph12
02-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Still think it was a bad trade for Boston lol ;)