PDA

View Full Version : Denver's new roster is no joke!

Albrecht Duerer
02-26-2011, 01:40 AM
Is anyone else watching this? They push tempo and they have too many guys who can play in transition. Theyre never without scoring and the frenetic pace they can play with yields dividends on the defensive end later in the game.

Theyre up now. Not sure if Portland will regain control at home but Denver looks really strong now.

jetsfan28
02-26-2011, 01:41 AM
No ****. The Knicks gave them half a rotation, they shouldn't be a joke (which is why that trade sucked).

blastmasta26
02-26-2011, 01:43 AM
We gave them a lot of talent, not to mention they already had a very good team around Melo before the trade.

HakeemTheDream
Dumbest trade of the season, stupid Knicks fk up again. Many people don't see it now but they will see it soon.

John Walls Era
No ****. The Knicks gave them half a rotation, they shouldn't be a joke (which is why that trade sucked).

No the trade was good. Go read Bill Simmons article (released today).

ugafan
02-26-2011, 01:45 AM

Those words should never be used when trying to make a point.
Bill Simmons is a blundering idiot.

abe_froman
02-26-2011, 01:45 AM
Dumbest trade of the season, stupid Knicks fk up again. Many people don't see it now but they will see it soon.

i wouldnt go that far

but yeah,the ex knicks seem to be messhing well in denver,they play a fun style and gallinari has been pretty good tonight

NYKalltheway
02-26-2011, 01:49 AM
But Gallinari sucks and has inflated stats because of run n gun :/

Yet, Knicks fans are considered homers :D I think the NBA will see that Gallo and Chandler are actually very talented

jetsfan28
02-26-2011, 01:50 AM

His article was awful and he conveniently left out multiple, more applicable previous trades contrasting his points. And he way underestimated some of the Knicks. And his logic is ****ing ********. He called Randolph a sunk cost, which makes no sense because even if he sucks the Knicks could have kept a 1st and Brewer for him, probably even another pick since the T-Wolves wouldn't need to take Curry. And he made Mozgov seem like nothing, which, again, is ****ing ******** (if he were nothing, the Nuggets wouldn't have demanded him in the trade).

RZZZA
02-26-2011, 01:51 AM
George Karl is obviously a better coach than D'antoni...

Chi StateOfMind
02-26-2011, 01:51 AM
they look good for only playing not even two complete games and will only get better

RZZZA
02-26-2011, 01:52 AM
they look real good, beating the blazers at home is no cake walk.

This team is gonna be fun to follow

Albrecht Duerer
02-26-2011, 01:53 AM

Yet, Knicks fans are considered homers :D I think the NBA will see that Gallo and Chandler are actually very talented

Well to be fair, part of what is making this work is tempo. Karl is splitting time with Lawson and Felton and theyre pushing the ball at a blistering pace. This plays to several players strengths including Chandler and Gallinari.

Anthony's one on one isos would have slowed the offense down.

knicks09
02-26-2011, 01:54 AM
I love how now everyone is talking about how good Gallinari and Chandler are but when they were here in NY they sucked. Hahaha too funny

abe_froman
02-26-2011, 01:55 AM

to be fair denver plays at a fast pace as well,so not that different offensive styling...but its part of why its works

RZZZA
02-26-2011, 01:55 AM
I christen this team...the New York Nuggets

QuaLiThADoN
02-26-2011, 01:56 AM
**ATTENTION**

The cavs started off this season looking good ;) we know how that went... so lets not jump to conclusions hear even though i like the way they look right now

QuaLiThADoN
02-26-2011, 01:57 AM
here*

RZZZA
02-26-2011, 01:57 AM
Afflalo is so awesome

Albrecht Duerer
02-26-2011, 02:00 AM
**ATTENTION**

The cavs started off this season looking good ;) we know how that went... so lets not jump to conclusions hear even though i like the way they look right now

I dont think its the same. Cleveland doesnt have the depth. They dont have one PG like what Denver has, let alone two. Felton and Lawson really control the pace of the game.

Crackadalic
02-26-2011, 02:03 AM
As soon as their not knicks their not scrubs. O i totally get it now. You can be a superstar and be a scrub if your a knick but as soon as your not they become mvp's in everybody's eyes:facepalm:

QuaLiThADoN
02-26-2011, 02:03 AM
I dont think its the same. Cleveland doesnt have the depth. They dont have one PG like what Denver has, let alone two. Felton and Lawson really control the pace of the game.

Regardless, people thought Byron Scott was their savior post LeBron.... I do like denver's depth and i do believe they can hold a playoff spot... Just saying though....

RZZZA
02-26-2011, 02:04 AM
knick fans, your coach just sucks, george karl actually plays defense, and when you join a team that has nene, afflalo and JR, you're gonna be decent.

dnewguy
02-26-2011, 02:05 AM
I didn't know Gallo can play defense....wow.

QuaLiThADoN
02-26-2011, 02:07 AM
Gallo goes hard... i didn't like him untill he started driving the ball in NY

Crackadalic
02-26-2011, 02:08 AM
I didn't know Gallo can play defense....wow.

Nobody did. He played good defense in ny its just mike system make it possible not to play D all the time and it sucks

Slimsim
02-26-2011, 02:13 AM
This trade might bite us in the ***

Slimsim
02-26-2011, 02:14 AM
knick fans, your coach just sucks, george karl actually plays defense, and when you join a team that has nene, afflalo and JR, you're gonna be decent.

Most knicks fans want him gone you have no idea

Avenged
02-26-2011, 02:14 AM
LOL the Knicks former players are suddenly really good on PSD? Why am I not surprised.

RZZZA
02-26-2011, 02:16 AM
LOL the Knicks former players are suddenly really good on PSD? Why am I not surprised.

maybe its because theyre used the right way, maybe its because people are paying attention to the new look nuggets. Hey, people arent making this up, gallo is going for a career high isnt he? Not saying hes really good, just stating a fact, hes played well tonight.

Slimsim
02-26-2011, 02:19 AM

They were always good just not respect until they left the Knicks

Albrecht Duerer
02-26-2011, 02:19 AM

I don't know. Why don't you ask rhetorical questions about your other problems?

BklynKnicks3
02-26-2011, 02:20 AM
they been good

Avenged
02-26-2011, 02:22 AM
maybe its because theyre used the right way, maybe its because people are paying attention to the new look nuggets. Hey, people arent making this up, gallo is going for a career high isnt he? Not saying hes really good, just stating a fact, hes played well tonight.

Yeah, which is what I tried to say. There's a lot of hypocritical things said on PSD.. When they were Knicks, they sucked. Now that they're in Denver, they're good. People were paying a lot of attention to the Knicks before the trade happened anyways so that isn't it.

WrongIslander
02-26-2011, 02:24 AM
So to sum up just because the Knicks don't have a rebounding C (which they will acquire in 2012 at the very least, the Melo deal was stupid?

I see. Well from where I'm sitting Melo and Amar'e are still two all stars.

Billups is still better than Felton.

Chandler is still a player who can go off and then dissapear for a few months.

Mozgof though better than we are showing is still an average C in the Shelden Williams mould.

So I'm still pretty pleased about the trade. I'm strange as far as this site goes in that I don't believe one game makes a trade's value.

Well played Nuggets and I'm really enjoying the end to this game but I won't be losing any sleep about getting Melo and Billups since Melo is half asleep and dropping 27 for fun and Billups is making big shots already and running the offense better than Felton ever dreamed.

Bigger picture.

RZZZA
02-26-2011, 02:24 AM
Yeah, which is what I tried to say. There's a lot of hypocritical things said on PSD.. When they were Knicks, they sucked. Now that they're in Denver, they're good. People were paying a lot of attention to the Knicks before the trade happened anyways so that isn't it.

I dont think anyone is flat out saying "Chandler and Gallo are good now, but they weren't before", what we're doing is acknowledging what a good game they have had and how well they fit in with this team.

It's not like Knicks players get no love just because they're on the Knicks.

dodie53
02-26-2011, 02:25 AM
nuggets should have traded for nash.
hehe

Avenged
I don't know. Why don't you ask rhetorical questions about your other problems?

A bit bitter about that infraction aren't we. :)

Nighthawk
Felton/Lawson
Affaflo/Smith
Gallinari/Chandler
Martin/Harrington
Nene/Birdman

Thats 10 deep to me. Thats 2 above average players at every position. Will be interesting to see how far this squad can go. Id suspect more team bball and less iso's and 1 on 1 matchups without Melo

Avenged
02-26-2011, 02:28 AM
I dont think anyone is flat out saying "Chandler and Gallo are good now, but they weren't before", what we're doing is acknowledging what a good game they have had and how well they fit in with this team.

It's not like Knicks players get no love just because they're on the Knicks.

It is exactly like that. Bulls, Heat, and Knicks don't ever get any respect on this board.

RZZZA
02-26-2011, 02:29 AM
It is exactly like that. Bulls, Heat, and Knicks don't ever get any respect on this board.

Knicks might get more respect if their coach wasn't D'Antoni and they were higher above .500

Bucsfan
02-26-2011, 02:30 AM

same with favors/harris, a few nets fans have they suck now that they got dwill, what a coincidence

gotoHcarolina52
just lost to portland. suck balls.

Albrecht Duerer
A bit bitter about that infraction aren't we. :)

No, but I am bitter about the fact that you're a biased Laker puke who can't mod without putting your homerism on your sleeve.

WrongIslander
02-26-2011, 02:31 AM
Speaking of the bigger picture, hadn't the Nuggets won this game?

Oh the delicious irony. Nom nom nom.

RaIDErsFTW
Brandon roy!

Bucsfan

you have got to be joking!

they are the most talked about teams in this forum, if carmelo farts on a coach it would be front page news, the heat got TONS of attention since last summer, and it hasnt stopped

abe_froman
02-26-2011, 02:32 AM
Felton/Lawson
Affaflo/Smith
Gallinari/Chandler
Martin/Harrington
Nene/Birdman

Thats 10 deep to me. Thats 2 above average players at every position. Will be interesting to see how far this squad can go. Id suspect more team bball and less iso's and 1 on 1 matchups without Melo

no star/team ball teams are fun,but ultimately you need that guy if you want to go far(sad but true).they can be good,even get to the 2nd round a couple of years ,but i think thats it unless they get or one develops into a star(to be fair its about equal to what melo lead them to)

Bullsfan22
02-26-2011, 02:32 AM
I want to see more games before I deem them "no joke"

tredigs
02-26-2011, 02:33 AM

While your point should be taken, realize that the Knicks have the 2nd fastest paced offense in the league, and Denver has the 3rd. Both of which are faster than the Warriors.

abe_froman
02-26-2011, 02:34 AM

they are the most talked about teams in this forum, if carmelo farts on a coach it would be front page news, the heat got TONS of attention since last summer, and it hasnt stopped

talked about and respect arent the same thing.most of the time when anything having do with either of those 3 teams come up it descends to trolling/flame wars/baiting disrespecting and other immature behavior.i mean many on here act like its painful to show any,going out of there way as to not say anything that might be seen as giving an ounce

YankeeFan89
02-26-2011, 02:43 AM
I wonder if the Nuggets will ever play Mozgov? They wanted him and got him...will he get some minutes?

Don Starks
02-26-2011, 02:53 AM
Knicks might get more respect if their coach wasn't D'Antoni and they were higher above .500

they are higher than .500

Don Starks
02-26-2011, 02:56 AM
No, but I am bitter about the fact that you're a biased Laker puke who can't mod without putting your homerism on your sleeve.

somebody get this girl some tissues and cranberry juice. what is it, your period?

KnickFanSince91
02-26-2011, 03:10 AM
Somebody forgot to tell them that Gallo, Chandler and Felton still don't know how to win in this league. I loved them while they were here but I also know their limitations. There's a reason why Amar'e is one of the leaders in 4th quarter scoring. Things will get rough for Denver until they can get a certified go to guy in the 4th

At least they play defense though :facepalm:

Doogolas
02-26-2011, 03:13 AM
Ha, you say they don't know how to win as if that statement really has meaning. They've never been on a winning team. It's not fair to say that means they don't know how to win though. They are on a different team, with different teammates. It remains to be seen if they know how to win.

Plus, Felton has won before. The 09/10 Bobcats were 44-38.

KnickFanSince91
02-26-2011, 03:19 AM
Ha, you say they don't know how to win as if that statement really has meaning. They've never been on a winning team. It's not fair to say that means they don't know how to win though. They are on a different team, with different teammates. It remains to be seen if they know how to win.

Plus, Felton has won before. The 09/10 Bobcats were 44-38.

What I meant is that they still haven't learned to make big shots and big plays when the game is on the line. Good players but they still haven't gotten over the hump.

Gallo and Will pulled the late game disappearing act I've seen a lot over the last few seasons and when ish hit the fan, Felton put up a bad shot and turned the ball over. They have to learn how to close out and win games.

Mudvayne91
02-26-2011, 03:26 AM
This was a tough loss, but give them some credit. Blazers have been playing very well lately and they are not a push over, especially in Portland. Considering it was a back to back, I think they played pretty well and fought pretty hard.

Silent
02-26-2011, 03:26 AM
Chandler can be a star in this league i doubt anyone said anything bad about him but gallo could be dealed for another piece they can use. Denver got a **** load of money comming off the books? there gonna be a scary team in the future

ClayMatthews
02-26-2011, 03:34 AM
Who's laughing?

Go_NUGGETS
02-26-2011, 03:42 AM
Chandler can be a star in this league i doubt anyone said anything bad about him but gallo could be dealed for another piece they can use. Denver got a **** load of money comming off the books? there gonna be a scary team in the future

Why would we deal a 6 foot 10 hustler who just scored 30 points tonight, and can shoot 3's?

The Final Boss
02-26-2011, 03:59 AM
They'll never sniff a ring. Book it. Same goes for NY.

New thread please.

Avenged
02-26-2011, 04:59 AM

Yes, most talked about but not necessarily good things are said about them.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-26-2011, 07:17 AM
That trade was a joke, knicks gave up too much for a guy who's only a scorer.

Evolution23
02-26-2011, 07:32 AM
I love how now everyone is talking about how good Gallinari and Chandler are but when they were here in NY they sucked. Hahaha too funny

U knew it was coming. Now Carmelo is going to be the new guy to hate.

The BodyGuard
02-26-2011, 11:43 AM
They got nice pieces but I still see Chandler leaving after this season

DwayneMVPwade
02-26-2011, 11:56 AM
They got more depth now and they still have good team. Nene, Chandler, Lawson, Felton, Gallo. I pretty sure I am forgetting some people.

tr3ymill3r
02-26-2011, 12:03 PM
It's a great trade for both teams. NY needed that second superstar to keep up and stay viable in the league. Secondly, if you have a run and gun team in Denver they are going to look that much better, because other teams coming in there are going to have to adjust to the altitude and they suffer even more on second nights of back to backs.

justinnum1
02-26-2011, 12:14 PM
I like the new look nuggets

bovice163
02-26-2011, 12:15 PM
I love this teams demeanor and their style of play. Their tempo is even faster than Golden State's, and they actually play some very good defense. Gallo and Afflalo will really be able to improve upon their game, since Karl runs plenty of plays for them without a clear cut #1 option. They also have very little positional weakness, with their weakest position being either PF or C. I wouldn't consider KMart or Nene bad players though. Don't sleep on this team in the playoffs.

Albrecht Duerer
03-15-2011, 10:54 AM
**ATTENTION**

Have the Nuggets converted any fence-sitters yet?

twoearl
03-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Is anyone else watching this? They push tempo and they have too many guys who can play in transition. Theyre never without scoring and the frenetic pace they can play with yields dividends on the defensive end later in the game.

Theyre up now. Not sure if Portland will regain control at home but Denver looks really strong now.

Is Denver a good team? Sure Are they really a true contender for a championship? Nope.

So while Denver is still good, they need to move some of thier pieces for a true star player.

Albrecht Duerer
03-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Is Denver a good team? Sure Are they really a true contender for a championship? Nope.

So while Denver is still good, they need to move some of thier pieces for a true star player.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you but why is Denver not a contender?

fadedmario
03-15-2011, 11:20 AM
They are really good.

allSUAVE
03-15-2011, 11:20 AM
They were always good just not respect until they left the Knicks

AMEN TO THAT ONE! ..And Melo is not a top talent in this league no more go figure.:facepalm:

John Walls Era
03-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Give props to the nuggets new GM. He didnt get played even tho hes a rook

kjoke
03-15-2011, 11:25 AM
could it be that gallo and chandler werent playing good in NY :shrug: give those players props when the nuggets are playing stellar.

Svoluch
03-15-2011, 11:58 AM
It's funny, I'm a Denver sports fanatic but I never watched the Nuggets when Melo was around because it was such a slow game. Once he received the ball he would just kill the tempo. Now that we have a team which is revolved around plain and simple "team ball", I can't get enough of watching this team play. They are playing for fun, and they are all at an equal level.(ego wise)

Mcdoh
03-15-2011, 12:09 PM
denver pumped up since that trade

Fenominon
03-15-2011, 12:20 PM
I would have to say that the Nuggets are a better "team" without Carmelo. They are also a deeper team due to the trade. I think both NY and Den got better from this trade but the future looks brighter for the Nuggets in my opinion.

ohreally
03-15-2011, 12:20 PM
The Nuggets have been playing without Gallinari for a while now, and without Afflalo for a few games, and they have still been winning. They are very deep and they are playing the way the game is supposed to be played.

Their starting five when healthy are no slouches, and other than at center they lose little wen they go to the bench, and having both Felton and Lawson in the game late is a nice look.

Felton can get shot happy, especially late in games, but if they could get either Mozgov or Koufos going at least somewhat I think they would be very tough to beat. Yeah, the best teams could open up a big lead on them and win, but that's not going to happen every game, and the depth of the second unit gives Denver a great chance in any game that is not a blowout.

Gallo and Chandler are no better or worse than they have been, but they do both have skills that fit nicely in the system. I thought Chandler was hampered by Amare's presence, so Denver works nicely for him. Gallo is freer to drive and since the opposing team can't really know where the offense is going to come from, he can be more effective.

It's not the ex-Knicks that make Denver so good, it's the depth, and the ex-Knicks have added to that and brought a good fit of skills for the overall mix.

Just remember that winning makes stars and reps at least as much as stars make winning.

koreancabbage
03-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Denver > NYK now and the future. Even if NYK get Paul, i would still give the edge to Denver in a direct match up. NYK have no depth at all.

i've personally never heard of good role players wanting to join either player. And thats what they need, not another superstar on the team.

YoungOne
03-15-2011, 12:34 PM
best bench in the league, no doubt.

Slimsim
03-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Denver>NY if they can keep All their FA to be.

Missing56&33
03-15-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm happy for them guys. I think the trade was good for both teams. The guys that Denver got from NY are quality players that will give you their all everynight. How well will they do in a playoff situation? Well that remains to be seen because they have no playoff experience just yet. Do I think they have reached their ceiling as players? Yes.....there are no all stars on the Nuggets roster now and basically all you have is a bunch of talented role players that will crumble under pressure when its officially time to produce.

When that time comes in the playoffs.........(you will see).......there will be no Carmelo ......there will be no more Mr. Bigshot.........they will be long gone......then Denver fans will realize that Chandler, Felton and Gallanari are who they thought they were :(........role players that choke under pressure. :pity: damn I miss Carmelo. :mad:

Mudvayne91
03-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Denver>NY if they can keep All their FA to be.

And find someone stupid enough to take Al. Hopefully it's like the Melo situation where they want to get paid now instead of the uncertainty of the CBA.

Svoluch
03-15-2011, 01:09 PM
basically all you have is a bunch of talented role players that will crumble under pressure when its officially time to produce.

When that time comes in the playoffs.........(you will see).......there will be no Carmelo ......there will be no more Mr. Bigshot.........they will be long gone......then Denver fans will realize that Chandler, Felton and Gallanari are who they thought they were :(........role players that choke under pressure. :pity: damn I miss Carmelo. :mad:

That's funny, because it seems like your New York Knicks, with 2 Superstars and "Mr. Big Shot" are crumbling in the regular season(6:5)... Losing to Cleveland twice, once at home and Indiana at home... What does that say about when you reach the playoffs and face a team that actually knows how to shoot? :facepalm:

Good luck!

Mudvayne91
03-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Knicks will be fine. 10 games together isn't the best to judge how good or bad they'll be. Plus, they've played above .500 too. They just need to not drop these games against Pacers or Cavs, which I'm sure they'll fix.

Crackadalic
03-15-2011, 01:31 PM
The nuggets depth reminds me of portland a couple years ago. Also reminds me of GS when the upset the mavs in 07. They have enough players to go to game 7 in a 1st round and move on but not good enough to go past the 2nd round. Im curious how good they can be once K-mart and chandler becomes FA this summer.

blahblahyoutoo
03-15-2011, 01:33 PM
denver got the better end of this deal.
mosgov was just a slap in the face since denver doesn't even use him.

pacofunk64
03-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Denver is actually playing team basketball. Watched a little bit of some highlights & it looks like Felton and Lawson are playing awesome together. Would Denver had been as bad as Cleveland had Melo just left after the season? They would still have Chauncy but I think they would be a border line playoff team.

coryd238
03-15-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm happy for them guys. I think the trade was good for both teams. The guys that Denver got from NY are quality players that will give you their all everynight. How well will they do in a playoff situation? Well that remains to be seen because they have no playoff experience just yet. Do I think they have reached their ceiling as players? Yes.....there are no all stars on the Nuggets roster now and basically all you have is a bunch of talented role players that will crumble under pressure when its officially time to produce.

Mr.... Bigshot? You're kidding right? He's a way past his prime chucker with a huge inflated ego. Have fun with that ;)

And we have Ty, who's been better than Chauncey for the last season and a half.

Mudvayne91
03-15-2011, 02:13 PM
denver got the better end of this deal.
mosgov was just a slap in the face since denver doesn't even use him.

Karl is really weird about his big man minutes. I'm hopeful he just wants to get these players more acclimated cause Mozgov or Koufus need to take up a lot of Harrington's minutes.

coryd238
03-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Karl is really weird about his big man minutes. I'm hopeful he just wants to get these players more acclimated cause Mozgov or Koufus need to take up a lot of Harrington's minutes.

Aren't Gallo and Harrington about the same height? We could try a lineup of Ty, Smith, Chandler, Gallo, Nene sometime. Or something to that effect. We really have no need for Harrington at all :p

bulls_world23
03-15-2011, 02:43 PM
i hate harrington.

BallIsAll
03-15-2011, 02:49 PM

i guess you havent seen much of afflalo this season :eyebrow: im pretty sure karl will get him galo and lawson the ball when it counts maybe even smith? idk but it seems we have more weapons to go to late in games than the knicks.

and billups is not mr. big shot anymore when was his last buzzer beater or game winner or "big shot" actually? you cant go by titles because when the talent fades away that title doesnt.

TheDiggler
03-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Nuggs have such Smart f.o. Looking forward to den vs. Ny

THE GIPPER
03-15-2011, 03:21 PM
I cant wait for a denver vs okc playoff series that would be sick

Broadwayjoe NY
03-15-2011, 03:28 PM
i guess you havent seen much of afflalo this season :eyebrow: im pretty sure karl will get him galo and lawson the ball when it counts maybe even smith? idk but it seems we have more weapons to go to late in games than the knicks.

and billups is not mr. big shot anymore when was his last buzzer beater or game winner or "big shot" actually? you cant go by titles because when the talent fades away that title doesnt.

He actually hit one in his second or third game with the knicks, but that doesn't necessarily make or break him as a player. Just like steve nash and kidd, chauncey's game isn't based on pure athleticism and there's not many players who can command an offense and put his players on defense where they need to be, much better than he can.

I personally feel this trade works out well for both. The nuggets are playing great team ball right now, mostly because they didn't turn over their roster very much and their new starting pg has had a significant amount of time in that system, was poised to take it over soon and has a good report with his players. Infusing one or two role players onto a team is much less difficult than what the knicks are trying to do with their new players.

That having been said, it will be interesting to see if Nene, Gallo, Afflalo etc. will turn into the go to guy during crunch time. Gallo has ice in his veins and can definitely be that guy, but he also has to have the desire to be that guy and that's where it might get interesting as he defers so much being such a team player. I like watching the nuggets and wish all the former knicks' players well, it'll be interesting to see where Chandler ends up once the season is over as well.

SteveNash
03-15-2011, 03:33 PM
You still need a star to succeed, Chandler and the Rooster aren't it. They're likely to be stuck in mediocrity for a long time.

Rentzias
03-15-2011, 03:43 PM
You still need a star to succeed, Chandler and the Rooster aren't it. They're likely to be stuck in mediocrity for a long time.

Good upcoming stretch to find out: Hawks, Magic, Heat. Very resilient, versatile/flexible lineup; they can go super fast, and now they can go big as well. My main concern offensively is that the threes are dropping now; it doesn't look like it, but I hope they don't become a live-by-the-three-die-by-the-three team. They are running the pick-and-roll to near perfection right now.

GoatMilk
03-15-2011, 03:44 PM
i hate harrington.

i love al

i won a contest comparing myself to him lol
free converse!

Me and Mr. T
03-15-2011, 03:44 PM

If mediocrity means making the playoffs every year which this team will def do, I don't think the fans in Denver will be too upset! lol

SteveNash
03-15-2011, 03:54 PM
If mediocrity means making the playoffs every year which this team will def do, I don't think the fans in Denver will be too upset! lol

Would you rather make the playoffs 20 consecutive years with 0 titles or win 5 titles?

Mudvayne91
03-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Aren't Gallo and Harrington about the same height? We could try a lineup of Ty, Smith, Chandler, Gallo, Nene sometime. Or something to that effect. We really have no need for Harrington at all :p

That has to be the ideal lineup. Hopefully he's back Friday.

Rentzias
03-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Would you rather make the playoffs 20 consecutive years with 0 titles or win 5 titles?

I think the train of thought is "making the playoffs every year" versus "not making the playoffs at all." Remember, this is a franchise that had 21 wins, followed by 11 wins, followed by 14 wins, and then 4 years later 17 wins. Of course we'd take the 5 titles, but the poster, if coming from a Nugget fan perspective, will have that inferiority/settling complex built in. Shoot, I'm still bragging about making the 75-76 ABA Finals.

Tony_Starks
03-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Denver is looking very impressive. They remind me of a college team that just throws waves of players at you and wears you down. Its always nice to have 2 starters at the 1,2, and 3 spot. You can just roll with whoever has it going that night.

I was never impressed with Wil or Gallo before but the more I see now is that D'Antoni was just totally F'n up. He basically just had them passing around the perimeter and jacking up contested 30 footers. But in an actual offense where the ball is moving and they get GOOD open looks, they are legit.

The best part of Melo being gone though is it makes more room for Afflalo though. Mark my words next year he is going to become their certified go to guy.....