PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose's ablity to keeping his form

Knickrocketsfan
02-25-2011, 05:54 PM
as a former track runner I have to compliment rose. One of the ways he stays balanced when driving is by keeping his running form . Doing this is extremely difficult and few people in the nba can do this, or simply even try.:clap:

RZZZA
02-25-2011, 05:59 PM
cool. He's probably the fastest and most athletic player in the league. or at least, right up there.

mikealike305
02-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Cool

abe_froman
02-25-2011, 06:02 PM
its a thing of beauty ,watching him i'm baffled how he is able to do it

MoBASS
02-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Can you show us some Youtube videos of what specifically you're talking about with regards to his form?

Albrecht Duerer
02-25-2011, 06:10 PM
We have the technology.

kozelkid
02-25-2011, 06:13 PM
The funny thing is how much of a curse it was to Rose in his first 2 seasons, until this season. He was SO good at avoiding contact that he wouldn't go to the line enough and made the degree of difficulty of the shot much harder. Makes him a great street player, but difficult in the NBA until recently he learned how to finally draw fouls at a higher rate.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-25-2011, 06:13 PM
No, it's because he wears the PowerBalance band :D

Knickrocketsfan
02-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Can you show us some Youtube videos of what specifically you're talking about with regards to his form?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXLWDxnXAYU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3o6RtT4d0w

it not easy to see if your not looking for it, but its his ability to keep his non dribbling arm cocked back in 90 degree angle which makes you faster. If you a runner u prob understand me if not then most likely you dont. Most nba players use that arm to push off players or use it as leverage.

RZZZA
02-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Noone is as fast and atletic as LeBron
Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3TqUE1_hIc)

I think D.Rose is. LEbron is stronger, but Rose is faster and more athletic. Nobody is as good as Rose is in pulling off difficult shots near the rim while keeping his balance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wh2xI66zB0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBAOaF8mGbo

Look at some of these layups where he penetrates through like 4 defenders, jumps up for a lay up, contorts his body and finishes. He does that all the time. A lot of his shots, you're just left amazed that he was able to finish.

SteveNash
02-25-2011, 06:30 PM
I think D.Rose is. LEbron is stronger, but Rose is faster and more athletic. Nobody is as good as Rose is in pulling off difficult shots near the rim while keeping his balance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wh2xI66zB0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBAOaF8mGbo

Look at some of these layups where he penetrates through like 4 defenders, jumps up for a lay up, contorts his body and finishes. He does that all the time. A lot of his shots, you're just left amazed that he was able to finish.

Steve Nash is better finishing around the rim.

And it's too bad keeping your form doesn't improve your poor decision making.

chitown815
02-25-2011, 06:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eOqcPNBNFQ

pinkfloyd
02-25-2011, 06:33 PM
I think D.Rose is. LEbron is stronger, but Rose is faster and more athletic.

Jesus Christ!!
LeBron is a freak train. He's arguably the most athletic player in the history of this game. WOW! Bulls fans are amazing!

RZZZA
02-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Jesus Christ!!
LeBron is a freak train. He's arguably the most athletic player in the history of this game. WOW! Bulls fans are amazing!

no. Lebron is stronger, D.Rose is faster and has better balance. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

chitown815
02-25-2011, 06:36 PM
and so is Rose, get over it

Klivlend
02-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Jesus Christ!!

Yap. Nobody rivals LBJ's combination of speed, power, control and athleticism. Nobody.

chitown815
02-25-2011, 06:41 PM
apparently you few with Lebron all over your faces are in the minority, since the poll and season series seems to belong to DROse

RZZZA
02-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Yap. Nobody rivals LBJ's combination of speed, power, control and athleticism. Nobody.

D.Rose does. Just take power out of the equation though, since Lebron has like 70 pounds of muscle on Rose.

MJ-BULLS
02-25-2011, 06:48 PM
im still amazed on how rose can keep his balance when he drives. but the fact that he is so good at it and used to shy away from contact used to cost him precious trips to the free-throw stripe. luckily that has changed this year, he is drawing much more contact and drawing fouls at a better rate.

chitown815
02-25-2011, 06:49 PM
D.Rose does. Just take power out of the equation though, since Lebron has like 70 pounds of muscle on Rose.

but Rose has enough power to get to the lane, and dunk on people, he is very strong for his size

bovice163
02-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Why do the same tools always have to bring LeBron into DRose threads?

To the OP, it's a thing of magic.

RZZZA
02-25-2011, 06:53 PM
but Rose has enough power to get to the lane, and dunk on people, he is very strong for his size

He is quite strong for his size, but Lebron is like a Mack truck barrelling down on you when he gets going.

Lebron is very quick, athletic for his size, thats for sure. But rose is just slightly quicker and more athletic in his.

Vincent
02-25-2011, 07:01 PM
As a completely loyal and devote Bulls fan, I say this with a heavy heart.

LeBron is just as good if not better at keeping balance on his drives. He is also 6'8-6'9 and built like a truck.

For those who think LeBron is not as athletic as Rose... seriously have a misjudgment in talent.

Rose is extremely athletic.... for his size. In fact, he's the strongest, fastest, and most agile point guard in the league (in one package).

But LeBron's combination of size, speed, and athleticism is unmatched for his position.

Sox72
02-25-2011, 07:04 PM
As a completely loyal and devote Bulls fan, I say this with a heavy heart.

LeBron is just as good if not better at keeping balance on his drives. He is also 6'8-6'9 and built like a truck.

For those who think LeBron is not as athletic as Rose... seriously have a misjudgment in talent.

Rose is extremely athletic.... for his size. In fact, he's the strongest, fastest, and most agile point guard in the league (in one package).

But LeBron's combination of size, speed, and athleticism is unmatched for his position.

I agree with this.

What I don't agree with is how people are turning this into a thread about Lebron. Or LBJ v Rose. The OP noticed something that most of us (including myself) wouldn't normally recognize and pointed it out. It has nothing to do with Lebron or Lebron in comparison to Rose.

Knickrocketsfan
02-25-2011, 07:08 PM
the thread is not about being athletic. It about keeping your running form which enables rose to be faster. This is not just another arena for heat and bulls fans to debate rose v. lebron. Rose does something that lebron rarely if ever does. Keeping you running form is a tough thing to do

Sox72
02-25-2011, 07:11 PM
:facepalm:
How does a guy who has a better balance shoot almost 5% less than LeBron? Or you wanna say Rose attempts more jumpshots? I've seen Rose play a lot, most of the time he goes to the rim and creates a hard shot for himself and bricks him. Both Dwyane Wade and LeBron are better penetrators and finishers.
LeBron .700 FG% at the rim
http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=LeBron%20James
Rose .580 FG% at the rim
http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Derrick%20Rose

Go away. These posts have nothing to do with the thread.

Knickrocketsfan
02-25-2011, 07:20 PM
Ok so what does being fastest and most athletical got to do with this thread?>RZZZA

calm on man. the thread is about something technical that allow rose to be successful as a driver. Most people dont do this. And most fans dnt recognize this because they are not runners and dnt know what a tru running form looks like. Again keep thread on topic this is not about any player in the NBA execpt Drose.

Also for ppl who dnt know what im talking bout there is a great photo on NBA.com that shows this. Click on the box that shows drose and says race for the MVP and look at is left arm it and you will see the 90 degree angle

HakeemTheDream
02-25-2011, 07:25 PM
Rose is quicker of the mark from a stand still position, but once Lebron gets going he's faster because he has longer strides. Apparently Lebron runs the 40 in 4.4 seconds, I doubt Rose beats that. But if I was a basketball player I would rather be quick than fast, that's why Rose doesn't struggle against the Celtics defense as much as Lebron does, from the top of the key Rose can explode to the basket before the help defense can even react.

HakeemTheDream
02-25-2011, 07:28 PM
I don't know what this 90 degree angle crap is about, it doesn't matter if your arm is 90 degrees or if your penis leans to the left. Speed is all about stride length and stride frequency.

pinkfloyd
02-25-2011, 07:36 PM
I don't know what this 90 degree angle crap is about, it doesn't matter if your arm is 90 degrees or if your penis leans to the left. Speed is all about stride length and stride frequency.

THIS.

That dude was trying the be a smart *** by throwing in some BS. GTFO.

chitown815
02-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Jordan ran a 4.3

Lu's Dynasty
02-25-2011, 07:45 PM
How do you explain that LeBron is better at finishing at the rim? He's strong as ****. He doesn't really have to do much to get his shot off at the rim. Less often than Rose does LeBron have to alter his shot in the way Rose does. LeBron often gets to dunk because if he makes his one move he's fast enough to get by a guy and then after that no one is stopping that guy. Rose has had some of the most amazing layups anyone will ever see. He often doesn't finish because the degree of difficulty of the shot itself decreases the likelihood the shot will be made.

KingPosey
02-25-2011, 07:48 PM
no. Lebron is stronger, D.Rose is faster and has better balance. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I dont like LBJ, and I do like Rose. But Rzzza this is one of those monets that I call you out one for arguing for a Chi Athlete, when you are wrong, and not just marginally wrong, and not being able to just let it go. They must pay you.

RZZZA
02-25-2011, 07:51 PM
I dont like LBJ, and I do like Rose. But Rzzza this is one of those monets that I call you out one for arguing for a Chi Athlete, when you are wrong, and not just marginally wrong, and not being able to just let it go. They must pay you.

I can let it go, I just think I'm right. *shrug*

no big deal. and I wish they did pay me.

TO Rapz
02-25-2011, 07:56 PM
:laugh2:

mRc08
02-25-2011, 07:57 PM
The bulls beat the heat last night...;)

Knickrocketsfan
02-25-2011, 07:58 PM

really now

PurpleJesus28
02-25-2011, 08:02 PM
how the hell did this get turned into a pointless LBJ vs Rose thread? the OP had NOTHING to do with LBJ, it was pointing out a positive about Rose and his ability to drive. for christ sake people, get off LBJs nuts, we dont need EVERY OTHER THREAD to turn into some non-sense bull-sh1t Heat vs Bulls, this teams better than that team, your player sucks crap.

thanks for the input OP, brings a different aspect into bball that most people im sure never think about. there goes a lot more into running than people think about, i had a lotta friends who used to run track back in high school and they would go off in hour long tangents about running styles and techniques and what not.

smiddy012
02-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Rose's footwork and balance as an athlete is as good as it gets. When you just focus on his footwork when he drives to the hoop its incredible how coordinated, precise, and quick his steps are. I'm sure a lot of this has to do with the way we train athletes today (balance weight training, foot ladders/drills) but his ability to not get knocked down, not to mention his ability to finish when unbalanced, is as good as I've seen (bar perhaps MJ).

Rose isn't just strong, he isn't just fast, he isn't just balanced, he's all of the above. And the crazy part about it is that he makes it look so natural. You can't just see a replay from a lay-up to appreciate it, you have to watch that replay over and over again. And then you have to see Rose do it over and over again, all while making it look so natural.

Rose could be a ballet dancer, and that's no joke. The guy's fricken nimble as hell.

smiddy012
02-25-2011, 08:19 PM

The position and angle of your arms when running has practically everything to do with one's stride length and stride frequency.

Do you not understand that pumping one's arms is absolutely essential to maximizing one's speed and balance?

Obviously you don't have a clue.

footballer2369
02-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Why do the same tools always have to bring LeBron into DRose threads?

To the OP, it's a thing of magic.

Better question, why is there a D Rose thread?

bovice163
02-25-2011, 08:25 PM

Go back to the Heat forum.

RZZZA
02-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Rose's footwork and balance as an athlete is as good as it gets. When you just focus on his footwork when he drives to the hoop its incredible how coordinated, precise, and quick his steps are. I'm sure a lot of this has to do with the way we train athletes today (balance weight training, foot ladders/drills) but his ability to not get knocked down, not to mention his ability to finish when unbalanced, is as good as I've seen (bar perhaps MJ).

Rose isn't just strong, he isn't just fast, he isn't just balanced, he's all of the above. And the crazy part about it is that he makes it look so natural. You can't just see a replay from a lay-up to appreciate it, you have to watch that replay over and over again. And then you have to see Rose do it over and over again, all while making it look so natural.

Rose could be a ballet dancer, and that's no joke. The guy's fricken nimble as hell.

Yeah, I don't know anything about running, I just find it amazing how D.Rose is constantly able to penetrate through like 4 defenders at the top of the key, drive to the rim, do some hard reverse lay up and actually finish it. It definitely is reminiscent of a sort of ballet,...of carnage.

dodie53
02-25-2011, 08:33 PM
cool.

BullySixChicago
02-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Rose's form when he is driving lol what a cluck statement, if you are from Chicago you know that is a normal way to drive to the basketball Chicago kids learn to cross you over and make you look sick by driving to the basket and shooting the ball on either side of the basket with either hand. If you are not from Chicago I can understand your trying to make something so small out of something that you think is totally something that Rose alone does.

BullySixChicago
02-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Rose is quicker of the mark from a stand still position, but once Lebron gets going he's faster because he has longer strides. Apparently Lebron runs the 40 in 4.4 seconds, I doubt Rose beats that. But if I was a basketball player I would rather be quick than fast, that's why Rose doesn't struggle against the Celtics defense as much as Lebron does, from the top of the key Rose can explode to the basket before the help defense can even react.

Bron 4.4 in the 40 what are you smoking?

Cubs Win
02-25-2011, 09:05 PM

Probably because he's the leading MVP candidate. :shrug:

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/02/25/race-to-mvp-18/index.html

Knickrocketsfan
02-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Bron 4.4 in the 40 what are you smoking?

what most ppl dont get is the 40 is a joke. most high school 100 meter track stars could run it faster than the 4.4. Imagine what bolt runs the 40 in or even gay.

Flash3
02-25-2011, 10:08 PM
The bulls beat the heat last night...;)

and they lost to toronto the night before ;)

footballer2369
02-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Probably because he's the leading MVP candidate. :shrug:

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/02/25/race-to-mvp-18/index.html

espn.com/nba/awards

epic comeback bovice.

nitric
02-25-2011, 11:46 PM
and they lost to toronto the night before ;)

What does that have to do with anything? Bulls are 2-0 against the Heat and won the season series.

Evolution23
02-26-2011, 12:17 AM
I can do a handstand

Madtown22
02-26-2011, 12:37 AM
He's the real deal!

HakeemTheDream
02-26-2011, 01:33 AM
Yeah, having your elbow bent at 90 degrees is a natural motion we do on instinct anyway. No one runs around with their arms at 180 degrees unless they think they're from the village of the hidden leaf.

Knickrocketsfan
02-26-2011, 08:30 AM
Yeah, having your elbow bent at 90 degrees is a natural motion we do on instinct anyway. No one runs around with their arms at 180 degrees unless they think they're from the village of the hidden leaf.

OMG please if you have no knowledge of the topic just dont speak. the ablitly to putting your to an extent is a natural instinct, but not how your marketing it out to be. most people do not do it because its all about repetition and it actually takes more energy to do this.

Ray_R
02-26-2011, 09:48 AM
espn.com/nba/awards

epic comeback bovice.

Updated: February 15, 2011, 4:49 PM ET

Besides ESPN is trash.

The BodyGuard
02-26-2011, 12:12 PM
D.Rose is beasting

Sox72
02-26-2011, 02:21 PM
D.Rose is beasting

People are reaching REALLY HARD to try and find things to criticize him about. It's pathetic.

HakeemTheDream
02-26-2011, 02:53 PM
OMG please if you have no knowledge of the topic just dont speak. the ablitly to putting your to an extent is a natural instinct, but not how your marketing it out to be. most people do not do it because its all about repetition and it actually takes more energy to do this.

What? Do you even read what you write?