PDA

View Full Version : Week 17 Power Rankings.

six
02-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Marc Stein POWER RANKINGS(TOP 10)

1 .Spurs (46-10) The Spurs are a healthy six games up on the rest of the West after the Rodeo Road Trip, are still healthier than any contender and just watched another star leave the conference to go East. Must be an odd year.

2 .Mavericks (40-16) One L in 14 games, by one point, has them back to No. 2 in the West over L.A. despite that 2-7 funk without Dirk. We repeat: With Roddy back, Barea scalding and Caron talking playoff comeback, do they even need a deal?

3 .Bulls (38-16) This is the fifth-best team in Bulls history in terms of win percentage at the All-Star break ... and the other four had MJ. Factor in all the injuries and I don't quite get how D-Rose's MVP-worthiness can even be disputed.

4 .Celtics (40-14) The Celts are one of just three teams in the last 35 years to send four players to one All-Star Game. Which is another way of saying they'll find a way to cope even if they lack the trade assets needed to land Battier.

5 .Heat (41-15) LeBron's 29 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists Sunday night add up to just the second triple-double in All-Star Game history. And just like Mike in '97, it wasn't enough to deliver an All-Star Game MVP trophy. Tough crowd.

6 .Magic (36-21) No. 4 in the East, bizarrely, might be where you want to be now if you're Orlando. Forget Boston in Round 2. It'd also likely mean an Atlanta team they know well in Round 1 as opposed to those new wild cards from MSG.

7 .Lakers (38-19) The concern is not that Kobe played too hard and burned up more precious fuel Sunday night. The concern is that he went so hard after the All-Star MVP nod because he secretly fears it's the only trophy he can win.

8 .Thunder (35-19) Not the sauciest topic to hit here, but surely worth a mention: Only two teams in history (Boston in '89-90 at 83.2 percent and Dallas in '02-03 at 82.9 percent) have been better at the FT line than this OKC team (82.7).

9 .Trail Blazers (32-24) Will be easier to gauge the Blazers' stretch-run prospects after Thursday's deadline, since they'll almost certainly have some new blood by then. They think Aldridge has taken a legit step and they want to make a trade splash.

10 .Grizzlies (31-26) Since I've been as high on the Griz as anyone lately -- at least before Gay's shoulder matter -- I feel I can just be honest and admit it: In my head this week, I see Roddick's match-point dive for the ages when I hear Memphis.

Marc Stein power rankings.
http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings

Hollingers power rankings.
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

Nba.com power rankings.
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/powerrankings/02/21/week17/index.html

MacFitz92
02-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Looks about right, although the Bulls are kind of high...

bbcmillionaire
02-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Looks about right, although the Bulls are kind of high...

Lol actually we aren't high enough, #1 bound baby

fire2last
02-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Where my Cavs at?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-25-2011, 05:48 PM
The concern is not that Kobe played too hard and burned up more precious fuel Sunday night. The concern is that he went so hard after the All-Star MVP nod because he secretly fears it's the only trophy he can win.

:facepalm:

abe_froman
02-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Lol actually we aren't high enough, #1 bound baby

power ranking wise? will never happen.

RZZZA
02-25-2011, 05:51 PM
well, let's see. We beat the Spurs, the Mavericks, the Heat, the Celtics, the Lakers and the Magic.

So I feel pretty good about where we're at, regardless of these power rankings

chitown815
02-25-2011, 06:08 PM
the most annoying thing ever is :facepalm: when ppl think their team is better than they are