PDA

View Full Version : DeRozan doing Griffin's 2nd Dunk Attempt in Warmup

0nekhmer
02-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Remember at this year's dunk contest Blake Griffin's 1st round 2nd dunk attempt, the off-the-sideboard reverse 360, that he tried a number of times, before he finally switched to the off-the-sideboard windmill?

Well, Amir just tweeted the following video link, apparently showing DeRozan attempting it in one try during allstar weekend warmups.

Here it is, DD making it look easy.

http://*************************/videos/video.php?v=wshhd2GsNOx9gEg8PdSI

or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK17Koy5Q-Q

"This is where Griffin got his idea from" - D . Fernandez

BHF
02-25-2011, 04:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK17Koy5Q-Q
soez

WrongIslander
02-25-2011, 04:35 PM
All net as well, that was made to look very easy!

John Walls Era
02-25-2011, 04:39 PM
Probably thought "Dunk is too easy, I would look like a fool if I did this".

Only a fool would attempt and fail at it.

Sadds The Gr8
02-25-2011, 04:40 PM
he should've done this dunk

Chacarron
02-25-2011, 04:42 PM

Way to take a shot at Griffin.

Rego247
02-25-2011, 04:44 PM

he would have, in the finals.

oh right i forgot its scripted.

The Raven
02-25-2011, 04:44 PM
big ****ing deal

valade16
02-25-2011, 04:45 PM

My only problem with that dunk (as with many nowadays including the griffin over car one) is that people put too much stock in where the ball was bounced from/off by a third party. Who cares that it was off the side of the backboard, or from a car?

The only thing that should matter is where the dunker has to catch it, as that is part of the difficulty of the dunk (unless he himself throws it off the side of the backboard and then catches it).

210Don
02-25-2011, 04:52 PM
that was good!

pacofunk64
02-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Really we are still talking about this...wow. How do we know it was his first attempt? Oh that's right because he said it was.

Sadds The Gr8
02-25-2011, 04:57 PM
he would have, in the finals.

oh right i forgot its scripted.

yup

Chi StateOfMind
02-25-2011, 04:59 PM
always go with ur heart lol

McJoe
02-25-2011, 05:00 PM
DeRozan was far and away the best dunker in that thing. I liked a lot of McGee's dunks but they weren't DeRozan's. His issue is that he makes everything look too easy so there is less flash or swag or whatever word you want to use. Remember the old videos of Vince? He made that through the legs dunk look hard and he threw it down hard. These guys do that like its nothing now. DeRozan needs a lesson in showmanship without that prop garbage. Griffins last dunk was the easiest dunk he's done in his life.

I really like what DeRozan is turning into for my Raptors but he lost because of his showmanship. His 2 dunks were unreal.

HoopsDrive
02-25-2011, 05:43 PM
DeRozan was far and away the best dunker in that thing. I liked a lot of McGee's dunks but they weren't DeRozan's. His issue is that he makes everything look too easy so there is less flash or swag or whatever word you want to use. Remember the old videos of Vince? He made that through the legs dunk look hard and he threw it down hard. These guys do that like its nothing now. DeRozan needs a lesson in showmanship without that prop garbage. Griffins last dunk was the easiest dunk he's done in his life.

I really like what DeRozan is turning into for my Raptors but he lost because of his showmanship. His 2 dunks were unreal.

Exactly.

DD is the best slam dunker in the NBA right now, no question. He just doesn't have the showmanship, the 'swag' if you will. VC had everything + the swag. He was the whole package.

I don't even care that he lost it this year whe he shoulda won. I mean, the exact same thing happened last year. We all know Blake won by hype and that the other 3 dunkers had superior displays. Fan voting is a joke. Put Yao Ming in the finals and he'll win.

kylem4711
02-25-2011, 05:56 PM
ha warmups isn't the same under the spotlight. plus who still cares about this? it must really suck in toronto

John Walls Era
02-25-2011, 06:01 PM
ha warmups isn't the same under the spotlight. plus who still cares about this? it must really suck in toronto

At least its better than being LA's JV team. Even Griffin's teammates said Derozan got cheated.

Madtown22
02-25-2011, 06:10 PM
funny stuff, he got hosed

Storch
02-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Someone should throw a bad pass and force the dunker to over-extend to make the dunk look sicker.

The Final Boss
02-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Maybe I'm the only one who caught how ignorant and uneducated the people filming sound. Oh, that's right...Anyway- stop using the 'swag' element since the entire judging panel knows what a difficult dunk looks like. Swag doesn't win rings, which may be why only a select few lead their teams to rings. I wipe my *** with swag.

Jack Daniels
02-25-2011, 07:25 PM
Why is everybody so butthurt about a meaningless competition??

And what's with the ultra hate on Griffin??

haggis
02-25-2011, 07:46 PM
DD got robbed.

bovice163
02-25-2011, 07:48 PM
More like DD got mugged and spit on. Griffin is the media darling, and Skip said it best. All BG needed to do was step on the court to win.

Bulls_fan90
02-25-2011, 07:59 PM
NO PROPS NEEDED. Get over it, Blake won.

Showmeyourtds
02-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Exactly.

DD is the best slam dunker in the NBA right now, no question. He just doesn't have the showmanship, the 'swag' if you will. VC had everything + the swag. He was the whole package.

I don't even care that he lost it this year whe he shoulda won. I mean, the exact same thing happened last year. We all know Blake won by hype and that the other 3 dunkers had superior displays. Fan voting is a joke. Put Yao Ming in the finals and he'll win.

LMAO at the Yao comment. I could see it happening too.

BallIsAll
02-25-2011, 08:26 PM
thats sick. derozan is a probleam

Mplsman
02-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Made it look real easy.

hyb152
02-25-2011, 08:54 PM
The dunk contest was over before it even started. Griffin was the most popular out of the 4, that means he was going to win no matter what happened in the contest.

the_jon
02-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Exactly.

Swag = Losses

DeRozan doesn't need to show off. His head isn't inflated.

magichatnumber9
02-25-2011, 09:20 PM
OK DD you had your moment a week ago, go back to obscurity with your Euro soccer club in Toronto.

ClayMatthews
02-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Sick.

Sly Guy
02-25-2011, 09:23 PM
would have been pretty funny if DeMar did all the exact same dunks as Blake in the dunk contest, only to receive 5 points less on each score total.

the_jon
02-25-2011, 09:27 PM
OK DD you had your moment a week ago, go back to obscurity with your Euro soccer club in Toronto.
Coming from a Warriors fan, lol. When was the last time your team was relevant again?

Amir's the one who tweeted, next time read.

DwayneMVPwade
02-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Shoulda won period

John Walls Era
02-25-2011, 09:33 PM

:laugh: What do they do in Oakland?

znick21
02-25-2011, 09:38 PM
toronot fans stop being so butthurt. this competition is meaningless, i know you guys have no hope on your team outside of derozan (who is still isn't very good) but please just stop, i can't read another one of your posts.

thank you.

Gibby
02-25-2011, 10:04 PM
I like how blake supporters cant make any valid points for Blake being better or acknowledge derozen was better. They just tell us to get over it because they know deep down inside derozen got robbed.

IMO Kenny Smith won the dunk contest for Blake.

Swashcuff
02-25-2011, 10:20 PM
I all honesty Blake's miss had more flash and flair than DeRozan's make. That's the same way DeRozan's dunks look in the dunk contest and that's why he'll never win. He has no swag nor style about his finishes.

I'm sure most of the best Dunkers in the NBA today to do all the dunks Vince Carter did in the 2000 Dunk Contest. I'm also sure that NONE of them could do it with the style, grace, flash and finesse like Vince.

DeRozen is probably the best dunker of the bunch but he didn't carry his dunk in the way that Blake Griffin did.

Swashcuff
02-25-2011, 10:30 PM

That fool is on the fast track to being one of the best offensive PFs in NBA history.

That wasn't even the dunk. Blake's dunk had more style to it and it came from a hard angle to do such a dunk.

Swashcuff
02-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Swag = Losses

DeRozan doesn't need to show off. His head isn't inflated.

Are the dense?

All the greatest players and winners in sporting history have swag. It's a given its needed. Tim Duncan has laid back swag, Wilt Chamberlain was the king of swag. If you are not confident in your abilities you are NEVER going to be a great champion.

njnets825
02-25-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm sure blake made his dunks in practice/warmups many times. It's a different story when the lights turn on and the crowd is there. How can anyone be sure that was his 1st attempt by the way?

John Walls Era
02-25-2011, 10:42 PM
That fool is on the fast track to being one of the best offensive PFs in NBA history.

That wasn't even the dunk. Blake's dunk had more style to it and it came from a hard angle to do such a dunk.

Best offensive PF? Thats laughable. No post moves or consistent jumpshot and yet hes on fast track to be the best offensive PF?

Swashcuff
02-25-2011, 10:47 PM
Best offensive PF? Thats laughable. No post moves or consistent jumpshot and yet hes on fast track to be the best offensive PF?

Learn to read before you respond to any of my posts again.

Also tell me this when was the last time we've seen a rookie PF average this much points per game. I am waiting.

Now think how scary he will be when he does develop his offensive repertoire.

Swashcuff
02-25-2011, 10:48 PM
It's not even the same dunk. Blake attempted his dunk from behind the baseline and his had more style and flash than the one DeRozan did in that video.

The_905
02-25-2011, 10:49 PM
toronot fans stop being so butthurt. this competition is meaningless, i know you guys have no hope on your team outside of derozan (who is still isn't very good) but please just stop, i can't read another one of your posts.

thank you.

Then don't.

thanks you.

:facepalm:

John Walls Era
02-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Learn to read before you respond to any of my posts again.

Also tell me this when was the last time we've seen a rookie PF average this much points per game. I am waiting.

Now think how scary he will be when he does develop his offensive repertoire.

How about you read my post again. I mentioned the fast track part.

Getting points is good, but just because he avgs 20 pts doesn't mean hes on his way to becoming the best offensive PF. You need to expand your game and develop some different moves in late game situations first, which he still hasn't shown he can do.

Swashcuff
02-25-2011, 11:02 PM
How about you read my post again. I mentioned the fast track part.

Getting points is good, but just because he avgs 20 pts doesn't mean hes on his way to becoming the best offensive PF. You need to expand your game and develop some different moves in late game situations first, which he still hasn't shown he can do.

I said

to which you responded

I never once said he was going to be the best. He could one day be among the best in terms of production however. He dos have that kind of ability.

Name for me the last rookie PF to average 23 points per game. To be able to do that without a polished offensive game is an amazing feat in itself. With experience hard work and dedication he will get his arsenal together.

Oh and you obviously haven't watched enough of Griffin to see that has he actually shown a better back to the basket game as the season has progressed.

John Walls Era
02-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Oh and you obviously haven't watched enough of Griffin to see that has he actually shown a better back to the basket game as the season has progressed.

Ok fair enough. But I would still say his post game is inconsistent.

blahblahyoutoo
02-25-2011, 11:30 PM
did someone say the N WORD?

Clippersfan86
02-26-2011, 12:54 AM
Um... how ******** are you guys? Blake didn't just attempt a 360 oop... he tried to wrap it around his back.. on a REVERSE 360 away from the natural direction of travel. Much different than this basic dunk. You guys need to move on.

Madtown22
02-26-2011, 12:59 AM
He's a baller!

Anilyzer
02-26-2011, 01:27 AM
Remember at this year's dunk contest Blake Griffin's 1st round 2nd dunk attempt, the off-the-sideboard reverse 360, that he tried a number of times, before he finally switched to the off-the-sideboard windmill?

Well, Amir just tweeted the following video link, apparently showing DeRozan attempting it in one try during allstar weekend warmups.

Here it is, DD making it look easy.

http://*************************/videos/video.php?v=wshhd2GsNOx9gEg8PdSI

or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK17Koy5Q-Q

"This is where Griffin got his idea from" - D . Fernandez

everybody trying to upstage Griffin or show that they are as good--that Ibaka dunk was pretty weak I thought, barely over the rim, and the guy is like 7 foot.

Anyways, Griffin is a beast. Griffin's dunks in a game are even more awesome.

Raph12
02-26-2011, 01:35 AM
Griffin is the better game dunker as he's more explosive and with his strength can get better positioning as well; but DeRozan is clearly a better finesse dunker.

pinkfloyd
02-26-2011, 01:45 AM
Big deal.

NetsPaint
02-26-2011, 01:57 AM
If Griffin did it, it would have been far more impressive because of the power he would have put in it, and how do we know DeRozan would have made it in the first try if he did it during the contest?

Anyway, DeRozan is an impressive dunker, but come on, people are hating on Griffin because of a DUNK CONTEST.

alencp3
02-26-2011, 03:03 AM

Ur mad cuz Griffin > Wall

LA_Raiders
02-26-2011, 03:03 AM
That dude can dunk....

I hate all the BS on the slam dunk, **** stern...

John Walls Era
02-26-2011, 03:07 AM
Ur mad cuz Griffin > Wall

Not for long. Its only a matter of time before the Clipper Curse strikes. Thats what happens when Donald Sterling is the owner; a waste of a life and a horrible individual.

THE MTL
02-26-2011, 03:08 AM
DeRozan had the best dunk of the competition. He just needs to start hyping himself more through youtube and get someone like Kenny Smith to be his "coach".

But he is the most talented dunker out of them all. That second dunk he did was INCREDIBLE!

Swashcuff
02-26-2011, 03:42 AM
Not for long. Its only a matter of time before the Clipper Curse strikes. Thats what happens when Donald Sterling is the owner; a waste of a life and a horrible individual.

OH wise miss cleo could you please tell us all who's winning every NBA championship for the next 25 years so we can all get on with our lives. Let me guess. Any team that John Wall's on :rolleyes:

I can't lie bro your posts are so immature and lack any form of reasoning. You are banking on a team's curse. :confused: That tells me that you don't think John Wall will ever be as good as Blake Griffin.

jaysfan46
02-26-2011, 03:45 AM

thank you.

A Clippers fan, a Warriors fan a Cavs fan a ****ing Cavs fan ripping on Toronto and the Raptors. Huge faiLOL.

It's no secret DeRozan got robbed.

ElMarroAfamado
02-26-2011, 04:21 AM
some of you should really let this go...

John Walls Era
02-26-2011, 04:33 AM
OH wise miss cleo could you please tell us all who's winning every NBA championship for the next 25 years so we can all get on with our lives. Let me guess. Any team that John Wall's on :rolleyes:

I can't lie bro your posts are so immature and lack any form of reasoning. You are banking on a team's curse. :confused: That tells me that you don't think John Wall will ever be as good as Blake Griffin.

:yawn: TBH I only do this on topics I don't care about at all. Look at the thread title... what do you want me to say?

PS: :pity: that you don't believe in curses or karma.

some of you should really let this go...
Might listen to you if you didn't have that sig.

Confusious
02-26-2011, 05:27 AM
DeRozan is good.

UnWantedTheory
02-26-2011, 05:49 AM
I don't even care that he lost it this year when he should have won. I mean, the exact same thing happened last year. We all know Blake won by hype and that the other 3 dunkers had superior displays. Fan voting is a joke. Put Yao Ming in the finals and he'll win.

Swashcuff
02-26-2011, 09:33 AM
:yawn: TBH I only do this on topics I don't care about at all. Look at the thread title... what do you want me to say?

PS: :pity: that you don't believe in curses or karma.

I am a Chicago Cubs fan of course I believe in curses and karma.

You utter immaturity however is completely laughable. You say Blake wont be better than John Wall for long because he plays for a cursed franchise. That's totally and completely asinine. So what you're telling me is if John Wall was drafted to the Clips he would be cursed as well. STFU with your baseless reasoning and start to talk some actual basketball.

TheDiggler
02-26-2011, 10:53 AM
You can say what you want, but DeMar DeRozan got SNUBBED as hell.

DeRozan is the true Dunk Champion. Period.

BALLER R
02-26-2011, 11:20 AM
A Clippers fan, a Warriors fan a Cavs fan a ****ing Cavs fan ripping on Toronto and the Raptors. Huge faiLOL.

It's no secret DeRozan got robbed.

this LOL...

FlakeyFool
02-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Cavs had a nice representation at all star weekend