PDA

View Full Version : Player Revolt? Pistons veterans skip morning shootaround

fadedmario
02-25-2011, 02:48 PM
A day after the trade deadline passed, Pistons players appeared to stage some type of protest against their coach.

Tracy McGrady, Tayshaun Prince, Richard Hamilton, Ben Wallace and Chris Wilcox did not show up to Friday morning’s shootaround, in what a team source called a “player protest.”

Wow. The threat of getting traded is gone. Now, clearly, things are going to get interesting. You thought the Pistons veterans were rebellious before? Just … wow. We’ll see if any of the five play tonight. Well, four I should say, because we clearly knew Hamilton would not play.

http://www.pistonpowered.com/

Gators123
02-25-2011, 02:50 PM
They HATE Kuester.

He needs to go.

RZZZA
02-25-2011, 02:50 PM
I guess this means bet on philly tonight

The Jokemaker
02-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Contract the team. That'd probably clear their act up when the threat of losing their job becomes real.

Sly Guy
02-25-2011, 02:54 PM
They HATE Kuester.

He needs to go.

not to condone the actions of the players, but generally speaking, the management should have never let it get to this. When a coach has lost the players, it's time for him to go.

NYKalltheway
02-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Contract the team. That'd probably clear their act up when the threat of losing their job becomes real.

Yes, that's the solution :clap:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Flojo
02-25-2011, 02:55 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/33180288/ns/sports-player_news/

Tracy McGrady missed Friday's shootaround with a headache -- Tayshaun Prince (flu) was also ailing, Rip Hamilton and Chris Wilcox missed the team bus, and Ben Wallace was attending to a family matter.

Apparently none of them openly stated that it was an act of rebellion. Take it as you will.

Sly Guy
02-25-2011, 02:56 PM

Apparently none of them openly stated that it was an act of rebellion. Take it as you will.

thank you for clearing this up.

fadedmario
02-25-2011, 02:57 PM

Good find. That was just released. It looks like the team is trying to cover it up. Dumars and Kuester are both in trouble in my opinion...

fadedmario
02-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Also, why would a team "source" leak this?

fadedmario
02-25-2011, 03:01 PM
A day after the trade deadline passed, Pistons players appeared to stage some type of protest against their coach.

Tracy McGrady, Tayshaun Prince, Richard Hamilton, Ben Wallace and Chris Wilcox did not show up to Friday morning’s shootaround, in what a team source called a “player protest.”

Wow. The threat of getting traded is gone. Now, clearly, things are going to get interesting. You thought the Pistons veterans were rebellious before? Just … wow. We’ll see if any of the five play tonight. Well, four I should say, because we clearly knew Hamilton would not play.

Per Goodwill, the team offered this explanation:

According to team spokesman Cletus Lewis, McGrady was out with a headache, Prince had the stomach flu, while Wilcox and Hamilton apparently missed the bus without a reason. Wallace has been dealing with an ongoing family matter for the past month, though.

John Kuester sounded less than convinced:

“We have some things, some excuses, not excuses, but absences because of headache and stuff like that.”

Much to Kuester’s detriment, Joe Dumars has stayed out of the fray on the multiple coach-player issues this season. Perhaps it’s time for him to maybe consider interjecting? Clearly, the players feel emboldend, and if, as Goodwill’s sources indicate, this is really some type of revolt, it’s unprecedented. Players and coaches feud all the time in the NBA. But to have four veteran leaders and, hilariously, Chris Wilcox, with alleged purposeful insubordination? That issue just can’t be ignored any longer.

Gators123
02-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Ben Wallace missed the shootaround due to a family matter that he has been dealing with for some time. He recently missed a game and a handful of practices for that reason.

http://detnews.com/article/20110225/SPORTS0102/102250409/1127/rss13

Flojo
02-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Good find. That was just released. It looks like the team is trying to cover it up. Dumars and Kuester are both in trouble in my opinion...

Yeah, 5 players missing is a bit fishie. I suppose we'll see tonite.

flclfanman
02-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Just buyout Rip already! He'll love it here in CHicago

Giraffes Rule
02-25-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm buying Hamilton skipping out purposefully. I'm kind of sick of him, to tell the truth. He doesn't want a buyout, but he doesn't want to be on the Pistons (and it would appear they don't want him either). He can't have the money and go where he wants to go as well.

Sixerlover
Yup. Chalk this up as a win for the Sixers tonight. Back to .500 finally crawling out of the 3-13 hole we dug for ourselves.

But this will be a VERY interested home stretch for the Pistons

Chitownhero14
Wallace retires, Prince buyout then to the Mavs, Hamilton buyout then to the Bulls, Wilcox leaves entirely, McGrady takes team by himself and crashes and burns...

gotoHcarolina52
02-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Rip and Tayshaun, Welcome to Miami!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUBB1lOLD6k

Flojo
02-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Just buyout Rip already! He'll love it here in CHicago

Then we can sign TMac for the MLE this off-season, for JB!

AddiX
02-25-2011, 03:16 PM
You know what's funny, Detroit was one of the best teams in the league until they traded billups. It's been a disaster ever since.

Rivera
02-25-2011, 03:26 PM
man past 2 coaches these vets have acted like babies

detroit is better than this they need to get there stuff together

LionsFan..LOL
02-25-2011, 03:37 PM
:bang: At least Tigers baseball is coming soon.....

Bucs4eva
02-25-2011, 03:37 PM
You know what's funny, Detroit was one of the best teams in the league until they traded billups. It's been a disaster ever since.

yeah that's real funny

JWO35
02-25-2011, 03:40 PM
:bang: At least Tigers baseball is coming soon.....

You say that now...get back to me 4 weeks after the All Star Break :rolleyes:

J4KOP99
02-25-2011, 03:45 PM
I really feel for the people of Detroit. You would think that with everything else going on in that city, the sports teams would be the one constant enjoyment(whether they win or lose) but when I see things like this, I can't help but feel bad for the detroit faithful. They deserve better.

PhillyFaninLA
02-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Your paid millions of dollars to play a game and you are an employee. Have pride and do your job. They should be suspended by the team without pay for the as long as the CBA and commissioner would allow.

WrongIslander
02-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Sorry to be "that guy" but if Wallace wants to come to the Knicks then the door is wide open.

LionsFan..LOL
02-25-2011, 03:51 PM
You say that now...get back to me 4 weeks after the All Star Break :rolleyes:

Forgive me for losing interest in a team that doesn't even want to play.

fadedmario
02-25-2011, 03:57 PM
Half of the Pistons players missed Friday morning's shootaround in what a team source called a "player protest."

Tracy McGrady, Tayshaun Prince, Richard Hamilton and Chris Wilcox did not show up to Friday's morning shootaround.

Ben Wallace also wasn't present, but he has been dealing with an ongoing family matter for several weeks.

Austin Daye and Rodney Stuckey showed up as shootaround ended.

According to team spokesman Cletus Lewis, McGrady was out with a headache, Prince had the stomach flu, while Wilcox and Hamilton apparently missed the bus without a reason. A team source confirmed Prince's and McGrady's illnesses, adding Wilcox overslept.

Kuester was unsure about how he might proceed for the team's 7 p.m. game Friday night against the 76ers.

"We have some things … some excuses, not excuses, absences because of headaches and stuff like that," Kuester said. "We'll go with this group right now."

Only Charlie Villanueva, Jason Maxiell, Will Bynum, Ben Gordon, Greg Monroe and DaJuan Summers were present and fully participated. Jonas Jerebko also was there, doing his usual rehab workouts.

Via Vincent Goodwill/Detroit News

BkOriginalOne
02-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Rip needs a buyout, Prince needed a trade and Tmac will play the season and sign with the Lakers, or magic in the off season.

braveniler58
02-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Hey Rip? If you get a buyout, come to the Suns. We'll bench Carter's *** for you.

WizFan3
02-25-2011, 04:13 PM
waive em

Tony_Starks
02-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Detroit is messin up more than any team I can remember in recent memory. They've had numerous chances to blow the team up and rebuild and they stand pat. They insult Rip. The players should protest, this is a total debacle....

Phenomenonsense
02-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Detroit is messin up more than any team I can remember in recent memory. They've had numerous chances to blow the team up and rebuild and they stand pat. They insult Rip. The players should protest, this is a total debacle....

Rip wants his money, he had trade and buyout opportunities but he didn't want to play with the Cavs. It's fine with me, he's expiring next year anyway (with some money guaranteed the year after but still he'll be off the books) so let him rot on the bench for his moola. Prince, will bring us something in a SnT at the end of the season. I think we should've traded McGrady and Prince but that's just me.

The BodyGuard
02-25-2011, 04:36 PM
It would be nice to see Hamilton and prince bought out and both signing with Chicago

Kyben36
02-25-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm buying Hamilton skipping out purposefully. I'm kind of sick of him, to tell the truth. He doesn't want a buyout, but he doesn't want to be on the Pistons (and it would appear they don't want him either). He can't have the money and go where he wants to go as well.

he wants a buyout, but he doenst want to loose any money. IMO, I think he should figure out what the next team he is going to ( posibly the bulls ) and figure out how much that team is willing to give him, and then whatever a year he would make, have them deduct that from his buyout, and then make the same amount of money.

Hustlenomics
02-25-2011, 04:45 PM
them pistons players are shady this ain't the first time they did this

KnicksR4Real
02-25-2011, 04:46 PM
detroit needs to go into rebuilding mode

John Walls Era
02-25-2011, 04:47 PM
It would be nice to see Hamilton and prince bought out and both signing with Chicago

And they would go there for free? :eyebrow:

I doubt Prince wants a paycut.

sep11ie
02-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Maybe they all went out to celebrate after they found out they get to stay in Detroit.

Giraffes Rule
he wants a buyout, but he doenst want to loose any money. IMO, I think he should figure out what the next team he is going to ( posibly the bulls ) and figure out how much that team is willing to give him, and then whatever a year he would make, have them deduct that from his buyout, and then make the same amount of money.

Exactly. He needs to make a choice. Does he want to play for another team or does he want the money? Because at this point, he's not getting both. He's not good enough to get both.

small3
Sadly, this is the reason why Owners are going to lock out the players and do them doggie-style on the floor of a dirty truck stop.

Owners are fed up with the players and they are going to show them who is in charge.

You think the Hockey players took it in the shorts? Basketball is ten times as bad as Hockey was and the Owners are going to try and bury the players.

Fact is the Owners can go a year without a check. Most of the Players can not.

driz
02-25-2011, 04:53 PM
This team used to embody hard work, selflessness, and a "team-first" attitude that brought them a championship, and 6 years straight at the conference finals. They used to represent the blue collar hard working community their fans come from. Now they're just embarrassing and a disgrace to this city.

This is not a Detroit Pistons team. This is a group of babies crying and whining because their mansions and Bentleys aren't keeping them warm at night anymore. How is Rip going to one day turn down the possibility of getting appreciated and playing time from one team, an offer to be bought out and go to whatever team he wants and then the next day be in the middle of something like this?? Kevin Garnett had it right earlier in the season, just pointed at the wrong guy.....Rip Hamilton is the cancer. And he's spreading at a RAPID rate.

CLEAN HOUSE. From Joe D., to Kuester, to the team, to the ladies serving hot dogs in the stadium. GET RID OF EM ALL!!

mttwlsn16
02-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Maybe they all went out to celebrate after they found out they get to stay in Detroit.

lmao

iggypop123
02-25-2011, 05:02 PM
lol rip. protest because a team doesnt want to cut you without paying you in full. he had his shot. a buyout with cleveland and freedom and he didnt wan it. go sit on that bench and smile as you swim in millions you bastard. people would happily switch spots for your situation

Gram
02-25-2011, 05:02 PM

Really? lol. :facepalm:

Red Hot Rolllin
02-25-2011, 05:07 PM
And they would go there for free? :eyebrow:

I doubt Prince wants a paycut.

nice sig.. that Derozon dunk is sick

Punk
02-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Vincent Goodwill of The Detroit News reported on Friday that five Detroit Pistons players skipped Friday morning's practice in what a source called a "player protest" of coach John Kuester.

According to the report, Tracy McGrady, Tayshaun Prince, Richard Hamilton and Chris Wilcox did not show up to the shootaround. Center Ben Wallace also did not attend, but he has reportedly been dealing with a personal issue for several weeks.

Two other players, Austin Daye and Rodney Stuckey, showed up to practice after the media was let in as the practice was ending.

The Detroit News also outlined the players' excuses for missing practice:

According to team spokesman Cletus Lewis, McGrady was out with a headache, Prince had the stomach flu, while Wilcox and Hamilton apparently missed the bus without a reason. A team source confirmed Prince's and McGrady's illnesses, adding Wilcox overslept.

"We'll go with the group that was here," Kuester said. "We got a number of guys that have a bug, but these guys went through shootaround the way it was supposed to. We have some things, some excuses, not excuses, but absences because of headache and stuff like that."

Kuester has reportedly been battling with some of his players all season.

In November, Kuester and Prince got into an argument during a game and the coach had to be restrained by an assistant.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/25/detroit-pistons-protest-coach-john-kuester_n_828372.html

When will he get fired already?

Lions #81
02-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Hey ease up guys..all they trying to do is help us get Jared sullinger...

But on a serious note I could care less about this. None of these guys have anything to do with our future. Thought Tmac could have but after this we don't need him. I say buyout to all of em. Give the guys who actually want to play more time. Our young guys finally can get the playing time they need to improve. It gives us the chance to see who to build around. Also I'd like to see Ben Gordon with 35 minutes a game. I'm not gonna lie he as been horrible for us..but at the same time he hasn't gotten the minutes and there's been constant rotation switches...he would start 2..come of the bench for 10..I say stick with this rotation for the rest of the season...

Bynum/stuckey
BG/stuckey/summers
Daye/summers (till jj gets back)
CV/maxiell
Monroe/maxiell

Obviously we may need to pick up a few guys for vet minimum but that's just what I would do..

SteveNash
02-25-2011, 05:52 PM
not to condone the actions of the players, but generally speaking, the management should have never let it get to this. When a coach has lost the players, it's time for him to go.

This.

They need to sell the team, and fast.

Madtown22
02-25-2011, 05:58 PM
What a joke! suck it up and play!

fadedmario
02-25-2011, 06:22 PM
not playing rip this long is a travesty. the piston organization is a joke

We got more titles than the Knicks.... ;)

fadedmario
02-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Look for the Detroit Pistons to have a new coach by next week.

It sends a horrible, horrible message to make a coaching change after the apparent and indefensible protest staged Friday morning by five Pistons players, who skipped Friday’s shootaround in Philadelphia in what the Detroit News and Detroit Free Press report was an organized attempt to make their disdain for coach John Kuester as publicly clear as possible.

But there’s no way that the Pistons can go on like this with 20-odd games to go, whether or not they care about still trying to make a run for the No. 8 seed in the East.

Dissatisfaction among Pistons vets with Kuester’s strategy, rotations and communication skills has been one of the season’s longest-running story lines. The passing of Thursday’s trade deadline with no escape routes for some of those vets -- with Detroit unwilling to trade Tayshaun Prince unless the receiving team was willing to absorb the millions left on Rip Hamilton’s contract -- has clearly ramped up player frustration.

Yet the situation only promises to get uglier and more embarrassing if the Pistons do nothing now, which has been their standard response to most issues this season because of the team’s ongoing sale negotiations. It’s believed that Pistons president Joe Dumars wanted to be more active before Thursday’s deadline, but the expected sale of the team by the late Bill Davidson’s wife Karen has been frequently cited as the factor that has robbed Dumars of flexibility.

There surely has to be some measure of discipline meted out to the players involved (Hamilton, Prince, Tracy McGrady, Ben Wallace and Chris Wilcox) if it’s proven that this was indeed an organized walkout. The organization has to make its own statement on top of the damage those players have done to their own reputations … especially after Terry Foster of the Detroit News reported Friday on his WXYT-FM radio show that some of the same players were planning a similar protest on the morning of the Pistons’ final game before the All-Star break against Indiana but called it off and wound up winning when they were told that Kuester would be ousted during the break.

Kuester obviously wasn’t dismissed during All-Star Weekend, but it’s thoroughly pointless now -- no matter what happens to the players -- to keep Kuester in place when he lost this group long ago and has been undermined to such an extent that there’s no way he can possibly be regarded as an option to coach this team next season. Making Friday’s events even more embarrassing to the embattled coach: Philadelphia is Kuester’s offseason home.

It’s gotten so ugly that the Pistons can’t possibly save face no matter what happens next. So trying to restore some semblance of order, now that they’ve lost the opportunity to trade Prince or Hamilton away this week, is the only reasonable counter they can muster.

The most sensible scenario from here? Detroit has Sunday and Monday off after the Philadelphia game and a home game Saturday against Utah. That creates a window to allow Kuester to volunteer to “resign” -- with a paid-off contract -- and enable Dumars to install Pistons assistant Darrell Walker as interim coach for the rest of the season.

This team needs a serious overhaul when the sale goes through after the utter deterioration of the Pistons’ team culture, but that’s nothing that can be addressed now. Hamilton has too much money left on his contract to suggest that there’s any hope of negotiating a buyout to make Kuester's life a little easier ... and no time to expect that sort of miracle when a buyout would have to be completed by Tuesday to make Rip eligible to play in the playoffs with another team.

Putting Walker in charge would at least restore some semblance of normalcy to the locker room to usher the Pistons to the end of the regular season, after the second fast flameout of a Detroit coach since the dismissal of Flip Saunders.

Kuester lasted longer than Michael Curry’s one-and-done reign as Saunders’ replacement, but don’t expect to see him reach the end of season No. 2. The best compromise response to Friday’s chaos is turning to Walker to drag this team to the finish line, at which point the increasingly under-fire Dumars and his eventual new bosses have to hatch an entirely new plan to put a halt to Detroit’s steady slide since it lost to Boston in the 2008 Eastern Conference finals.

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/25479/coaching-change-coming-in-detroit

Gram
02-25-2011, 06:53 PM
not playing rip this long is a travesty. the piston organization is a joke

And HOW long we're the Knicks in the lottery for? And HOW many of those picks did they actually use? lol.

Knickrocketsfan
02-25-2011, 07:14 PM
And HOW long we're the Knicks in the lottery for? And HOW many of those picks did they actually use? lol.

on both of the point, congrats who cares. ppl talk about how mello held the nuggets hostage, how bout the pistons holding rip hostage. What can be the reason for not playing rip. Especially a guy that has meant to the organization. When I said the organization was a joke i was referring to how they were treating rip.

KingPosey
02-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Wow they couldnt find ANYWHERE for Rip to go? He for sure can help a team. I wonder if they did that for him( and obviously other reasons) but maybe they did it for Rip. Or im going overboard.

Gators123
02-25-2011, 07:17 PM
on both of the point, congrats who cares. ppl talk about how mello held the nuggets hostage, how bout the pistons holding rip hostage. What can be the reason for not playing rip. Especially a guy that has meant to the organization. When I said the organization was a joke i was referring to how they were treating rip.

Wow they couldnt find ANYWHERE for Rip to go? He for sure can help a team. I wonder if they did that for him( and obviously other reasons) but maybe they did it for Rip. Or im going overboard.

You do realize Rip could have been bought out yesterday, right? He didn't want to.

He wanted money over going to a contender.

OT Thriller
02-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Why wouldn't Rip just play in Cleveland? I mean at least hed get an opportunity to play. The Pistons should've traded him anyway whether he like it or not. This situation in Detroit is getting completely out of hand.

Jemikz9Clutch
02-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Rip and Tayshaun, Welcome to Miami!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUBB1lOLD6k

:laugh:

Phenomenonsense
02-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Why wouldn't Rip just play in Cleveland? I mean at least hed get an opportunity to play. The Pistons should've traded him anyway whether he like it or not. This situation in Detroit is getting completely out of hand.

Rip wanted his money, so he'll get it. The Pistons would rather wait for him to be an expiring before giving him a full price buy out. He had his chance to go, but he didn't want to, which is perfectly fine. Not playing rip, in the same light, is also perfectly fine.

OT Thriller
02-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Rip wanted his money, so he'll get it. The Pistons would rather wait for him to be an expiring before giving him a full price buy out. He had his chance to go, but he didn't want to, which is perfectly fine. Not playing rip, in the same light, is also perfectly fine.

Does Rip have a no trade clause that gives him the say? If he doesn't his words shouldnt matter, Detroit shouldve just traded him.

Phenomenonsense
02-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Does Rip have a no trade clause that gives him the say? If he doesn't his words shouldnt matter, Detroit shouldve just traded him.

He told cleveland he wouldn't play for them. They nixed the deal, not the Pistons. He also wouldn't accept a buyout offer from them. Learn what you're talking about before talking ****.

xabial
02-25-2011, 07:57 PM
What a stupid reason to protest.

People around Northern Africa are protesting and dieing for democracy and freedom, while these basketball players who get paid Millions of dollars to play a game are protesting because they dont like the coach

Phenomenonsense
02-25-2011, 08:04 PM
What a stupid reason to protest.

People around Northern Africa are protesting and dieing for democracy and freedom, while these basketball players who get paid Millions of dollars to play a game are protesting because they dont like the coach

Wow, seriously? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

SaimoNETS
02-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Hey Rip? If you get a buyout, come to the Suns. We'll bench Carter's *** for you.

Is Carter really that bad on the Suns? lol

Tony_Starks
02-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Kuester just got ejected and they showed T-Mac on the bench having a hearty laugh at his expense!

I don't even wan't them to fire this guy anymore, let the entertainment continue!

Gators123
02-25-2011, 10:07 PM
Kuester just got ejected and they showed T-Mac on the bench having a hearty laugh at his expense!

I don't even wan't them to fire this guy anymore, let the entertainment continue!

Lmao, only 6 guys have played in the game with 2 minutes left. 5 of them are bench players, the only starter is Monroe

TheBatchelor213
02-25-2011, 10:41 PM
ridiculous, as much as you dislike the coach you do not revolt like these guys did.....they should all forfeit their salaries for this type of crap, ridiculous, as bad as things are, each of these guys is living the good life pulling in 7 figures, this is some bs.

Kashmir13579
02-25-2011, 10:45 PM
wow, thats ugly.

Catoblepas
02-25-2011, 11:11 PM
i dont think the coach is going anywhere.. i might be wrong but i think they are still paying Micheal Curry.. and then would be paying 3 couches if they were to get rid of Kuester.. And since the sale of the team isnt final.. it will probably have to go through the new owner..

Skizzik
02-25-2011, 11:38 PM
In the words of AI:

"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. I ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last, but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?"

We're talking about practice. They skipped one practice and showed up to the game. I mean, if they REALLY wanted to protest, they skip a game. But they didn't. They're trying to send a message after the other ones were ignored. How else do you suggest they show their displeasure with the coach? Call them out in the media? That's even more classless...and everyone would blast them for that too.

Even knowing how much money they make, I respect their right to protest work conditions they are unhappy with. The coach has lost the team and should be removed. What's the point of continuing with their coach at this point? What will it accomplish? This thing is only likely to get uglier.

IBleedPurple
02-26-2011, 12:54 AM
Wow, seriously? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Must be short bus material. How is this hard to understand that rich players are not grateful at all of their situation?

Madtown22
02-26-2011, 12:57 AM
ridiculous, play the game

Rndy
02-26-2011, 01:16 AM
Ben Gordon shouldn't miss a practice until he becomes a good shooter again.

NBA-GMaster
02-26-2011, 01:30 AM
The best thing to do is to fire coach kuester and bring back hamilton to starting lineup..

NetsPaint
02-26-2011, 01:32 AM
What a weird situation. Five of them? That's pretty big. I think we're gonna need to hear the full story before we judge this. Guys like Prince who hates missing games doesn't seem like he'd do something like this unreasonably.

GoatMilk
02-26-2011, 02:54 AM
here's the video of them laughing right after Kuester got ejected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzK-YbJWb_c&feature=player_embedded

im usually a happy go lucky guy, and laugh at stupid stuff even in sports, but i cant find myself laughing at this :/

BaustinSali08
02-26-2011, 02:57 AM
If this was a players protest, then guess what, none of those guys deserve to play in the NBA. It's unacceptable, how many guys in the D-League are working their butts off to play in the NBA? Disgusting act by those guys, and I have lost a lot of respect for them.

Nighthawk
02-26-2011, 03:03 AM
Pistons should just buy out RIP and let em sign with BOSTON

:)

ElMarroAfamado
02-26-2011, 04:24 AM
This is embarrassing for the nba and for the pistons...something should be done quickly

Kyben36
02-26-2011, 04:35 AM
Nobody played tonight either ???

LAOwnsAll15
02-26-2011, 05:16 AM
That whole front office needs to go, they havent done anything notable since they won the chip back in 04?

Nothing like players protesting after a 6 year vacation to realize your team sucks.

levignjw
02-26-2011, 07:08 AM
Fire Kuester already. This is pathetic.

fadedmario
02-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Fire Kuester already. This is pathetic.

My guess is Monday...

DisturbedFTW83
02-26-2011, 11:34 AM
I'd like to "miss the bus" and get paid what they got paid. I don't like how much i'm paid but i do my job and go home, these guys live a luxurious life and make MILLIONS. They work and play for over 85 games and offseason, maybe half a year at that? while we work for thousands and work 365 days (if you want overtime like me) in a time where "money is scarce and we need to save as much as we can," wtf are these mother ****ers sitting on the bench for?? I could care less if them *******s have to sit in the stall in their own stadiums when they play for 5 minutes.

Make their ***** play.

Oh, thanks for Piston's coach for losing that game, helped my sixers get at .500.

DisturbedFTW83
02-26-2011, 11:37 AM
If this was a players protest, then guess what, none of those guys deserve to play in the NBA. It's unacceptable, how many guys in the D-League are working their butts off to play in the NBA? Disgusting act by those guys, and I have lost a lot of respect for them.

Right, it's like you're busting your butt at your job and getting paid pennies, when these guys are laughing away making millions sitting at their desks doing nothing.

The NBA does have it's great players who play through thick and thin and get nowhere to guys that just don't care anymore. The Pistons, are the "just don't care anymore" team.

DwayneMVPwade
02-26-2011, 11:48 AM
The pistons should of dealt them all. They need prsopects and draft picks.

todu82
02-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Shame what has happened to the Pistons the past few years. What these guys did was terrible.

The BodyGuard
02-26-2011, 12:27 PM
I wanna know whats gonna happen to the pistons..

Are they gonna fired the coach?

MSU4life
02-26-2011, 12:51 PM

i was about to say that

MSU4life
02-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Ben Gordon shouldn't miss a practice until he becomes a good shooter again.

he didnt bro lol

Kakaroach
02-26-2011, 12:56 PM
A little surprising, never would have expected this from guys like Tayshaun Prince and Rip Hamilton. Then again, Kuester is the worst head coach in the league right now so its hard to blame them. Pistons management HAS to do something about this though, can't let it go unpunished.

Phenomenonsense
02-26-2011, 12:57 PM
A little surprising, never would have expected this from guys like Tayshaun Prince and Rip Hamilton. Then again, Kuester is the worst head coach in the league right now so its hard to blame them. Pistons management HAS to do something about this though, can't let it go unpunished.

They didn't play at all. We played 6 players in that game last night.

LAOwnsAll15
02-26-2011, 02:13 PM
id protest too, if i gave a team so many loyal years of my career and they havent done a thing in 6 years to make sure me and my teammates were in a position to win.

newbs001
02-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Hamilton at center of Pistons’ turmoil

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports

About a week prior to his banishment to the Detroit Pistons’ bench in January, Richard Hamilton(notes) berated coach John Kuester in a jarring and expletive-filled diatribe on the practice court, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

As stunned coaches and teammates watched, Hamilton bellowed at Kuester that he had been a failure in his two seasons in Detroit, blown the opportunity the franchise afforded him and was nothing more than a career assistant coach, sources said. Despite Hamilton yelling within inches of him, Kuester didn’t respond.

Pistons coach John Kuester has played Richard Hamilton in one game since Jan. 10.

Several of the team’s younger players were mortified watching it and privately told agents and associates they wished they had the courage to stand up, confront Hamilton and try to take control back from the disgruntled veteran. Nevertheless, Hamilton influences a powerful lobby in the Pistons’ locker room, including veteran leaders Tayshaun Prince(notes) and Ben Wallace(notes).

The early January incident was the second time Hamilton had initiated a confrontation with Kuester this season, sources said, and it ultimately spurred the benching that led to such public acrimony. Once a cornerstone of an NBA championship and six straight trips to the Eastern Conference finals, Hamilton helped orchestrate a player protest on Friday morning by skipping the team’s morning shootaround in Philadelphia.

Kuester played Hamilton two more games in early January – which included a scoreless performance against Chicago – before moving him to the bench on a permanent basis. Since Jan. 10, Hamilton’s played only one game for the Pistons.

With $25 million left on a contract that runs through the 2013 season, Hamilton had been nearly impossible to trade for Detroit. Still, Pistons general manager Joe Dumars and Cleveland Cavaliers general manager Chris Grant had an agreement to send Hamilton and a lottery-protected 2012 first-round draft pick for a $12.6 million trade exception and a second-round draft pick on Thursday, sources said.

Cleveland was mostly interested in the draft pick, but was willing to let Hamilton join the team for the remainder of his contract. Once Hamilton made clear he didn’t want to play for a last-place team, his representatives discussed a contract buyout that would’ve allowed him to likely join the Chicago Bulls, sources said. Cleveland wanted him to take $18 million in the buyout, arguing that he could secure his 2011-12 salary now when it’s possible that money wouldn’t be paid him during a lockout next season.

Hamilton declined, and the trade died within an hour of the Thursday afternoon deadline. Hamilton stayed in Detroit, and turned out to be one of several players who boycotted Friday’s shootaround and were benched in the 110-94 loss to the 76ers.

Fines are expected for the players who were without an excuse for missing the shootaround. Despite Kuester’s struggles, the prospect of firing him in-season has been difficult to even broach because of the uncertainty of the franchise’s expected ownership change. As the organization waits for a pending sale to businessman Tom Gore, basketball operations have been largely crippled to make moves that impact finances.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlzbHJtxdA5Pt90DKaDB6.e8vLYF?slug=aw-hamiltonpistons022611

fadedmario
02-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Rip is scum in my book. We got alot of good young players watching him act like a *****

ElMarroAfamado
02-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Rip Hamilton should grow up

WickedBadMan
02-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Sounds like greedy assholitis to me.

Wouldn't accept a fairly hefty buyout on a contract he really doesn't even deserve at this point to be able to leave and go on to another team.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.

shep33
02-26-2011, 03:43 PM
wowzers that was terrible for them to do... okay maybe he's a bad coach, but from what I've read now, Rip yelled at him in practice and the team is now split with the vets on following Hamilton.

Didn't Rip turn down a trade, but he disagreed to the buyout that was offered? So essentially he chose money of his freedom, which is fine, but don't take the team down with you

farren.louis
02-26-2011, 03:58 PM

He should get the money and go where he want, he's earned it he helped that team win a title and go to multiple confrence finals..

levignjw
02-26-2011, 04:06 PM
This is getting out of control. I almost feel bad for Kuester but I still think inherently he does not have what it takes to be a HC in this league. ****ing cut Hamilton, fire Kuester, let Prince walk this offseason and start with a clean slate.

LionsFan..LOL
02-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Just cut bait with Rip already. The guy is nothing but a cancer here, let him go somewhere else.

Gators123
02-26-2011, 06:03 PM
vgoodwill Vincent Goodwill
Ben Wallace's brother, Rev. James McBride, passed away today after a lengthy illness. He was 58. Wallace will be out indefinitely #Pistons

Sounds like a legit excuse to me.