PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies rejected offer for Mayo

BullsFanFromNY
02-25-2011, 01:40 PM
The Grizzlies rejected Ronnie Brewer, 2 1st Round picks, 2nd Round pick for OJ Mayo. Are they insane?

tangent12
02-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Their owner is just a ****ing hater moron.

He hates us.

D1JM
02-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Though one league insider familiar with the talks said, “It looked like (Michael) Heisley didn’t want to deal with the Bulls.”

Heisley lives in the Chicago area and long has had an ambivalent relationship with the Bulls.

The Bulls supposedly offered the Grizzlies three draft picks, a player and were willing to take a bad contract from Memphis, but were turned down. Though there were questions on whether it ever reached the stage of an actual offer.

“That told me they didn’t want to deal with Chicago,” the source said.

They just didn't want to deal with us. We even offered to take back a bad contract

Gootie42
02-25-2011, 01:51 PM
I guess that's why Memphis is...well, Memphis.

The Jokemaker
02-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Heisley really didnt want to trade Mayo at all. He is a big fan of him and highly reluctant to trade him. It wasn't all about the Bulls. And what "bad contract" were they going to take? The Grizzlies don't have any...

RZZZA
02-25-2011, 02:14 PM
The Grizzlies rejected Ronnie Brewer, 2 1st Round picks, 2nd Round pick for OJ Mayo. Are they insane?

Yes, and we are insane for offering them that much.

Brewer has to be the best defender on our team, and this is the best defensive team in the NBA, so that's saying a lot.

bulldog312
02-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Not at all. They got a better offer than that from Indiana (remember The Bulls 2 1st are bottom 5 right now while the Pacers are borderline lottery).

footballer2369
02-25-2011, 02:15 PM
This is PR work by the Bulls.

Tarheels23
02-25-2011, 02:54 PM

I actually agree with this...

But if the offer was sincere, Memphis would get another bench calibur wing player to go along with Battier, Young and Allen (can you say crowded). They would get 2 1st rounders (assuming they are Chicago's) that will be between 25-30, and a second rounder (assuming Chicago's) that will be between 55-60....

Not a great deal IMO, especially since Mayo is making affordable dollars

TheDiggler
02-25-2011, 02:55 PM

This.

Flojo
02-25-2011, 03:01 PM
I don't understand how this could be interpreted as PR work. The Bulls openly stated that they were against trading big chunks of the team as they didn't want to sacrifice team chemistry. Why would they go against that by claiming Brewer was offered, when Brewer has been a big part of the bench's production, both offensively and defensively? Also, its not like they have to sedate the fans. We're 3rd in the East, and just had a great night. (Bulls win, Heat/Celtics loss).

The Jokemaker
02-25-2011, 03:26 PM
I don't understand how this could be interpreted as PR work. The Bulls openly stated that they were against trading big chunks of the team as they didn't want to sacrifice team chemistry. Why would they go against that by claiming Brewer was offered, when Brewer has been a big part of the bench's production, both offensively and defensively? Also, its not like they have to sedate the fans. We're 3rd in the East, and just had a great night. (Bulls win, Heat/Celtics loss).

I think you should say that to a lot of their fans on this forum...

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-25-2011, 03:44 PM
wow..hes dum and mayo would be nice in chi town.

Chi StateOfMind
02-25-2011, 03:49 PM
i thought they wanted gibson not brewer...didnt they have brewer and it failed miserably....still way too much but i REALLY wanted orange juice mayo

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Lakers probably would have got him for a 2nd rounder but we didn't want him.

The Jokemaker
02-25-2011, 03:53 PM
i thought they wanted gibson not brewer...didnt they have brewer and it failed miserably....still way too much but i REALLY wanted orange juice mayo

He got hurt his fifth game with the team and missed the rest of the season.

Chi StateOfMind
02-25-2011, 04:01 PM
He got hurt his fifth game with the team and missed the rest of the season.

well a not his fault fail then

m77s
02-25-2011, 04:03 PM

Do you even have to ask that? We drafted Thabeet over Curry, Evans, Jennings, etc etc etc

Of course our front office is insane.

Chronz
02-25-2011, 04:05 PM
If the Grizz wanted Brewer they wouldve shown interest in resigning him and some late picks in a bad draft isnt worth it

RZZZA
02-25-2011, 04:06 PM
who wouldn't want Brewer, he's a beast. He got 4 steals in the Miami game and 3 in the Toronto game. Very good slasher, deadly at the baseline, lock down defender.

JWO35
02-25-2011, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't take that either, those 2 1st will be most likely 25 or higher...I think the Memphis GM is full of it with OJ ever since they rejected that reported Ellis 4 Mayo swap. They should have took it and never looked back. No doubt Mayo trade value took a hit since then tho

m77s
02-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Heisley really didnt want to trade Mayo at all. He is a big fan of him and highly reluctant to trade him. It wasn't all about the Bulls. And what "bad contract" were they going to take? The Grizzlies don't have any...

Well I guess thats a good thing that we dont have too many bad contracts, but we had Thabeets bad contract.

I would rather have had Brewer + 3 picks + got rid of thabeet

rather than Get Shane Battier, and Give up a Future Pick

If thats what the bulls were offering, and we turned it down, Then you see why our franchise is struggling to put aZZes in the seats and stuggling to get into the Playoffs. An incompetent owner who will not let the basketball people make basketball decisions and because talent scouts that screw up the draft year in and year out. Smart money would be on firing the Talent scouts and replacing them with members from organizations such as San Antonio, or OKC or UTAH.... so we can build a Team thru drafting the way small market teams often have to do...and Letting Chris Wallace make the basketball decisions ( i actually think he's the only decent one in the entire front office with half a brain ) But that would make way too much sense.

Savage Sunday
02-25-2011, 04:09 PM
who wouldn't want Brewer, he's a beast. He got 4 steals in the Miami game and 3 in the Toronto game. Very good slasher, deadly at the baseline, lock down defender.

Grizzlies already had him. Obviously they didnt want him back since they let him walk & rescinded their rights which would've allowed them to match his deal with Chicago.

You forgot Brewer cant shoot.:D

RZZZA
02-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Grizzlies already had him. Obviously they didnt want him back since they let him walk & rescinded their rights which would've allowed them to match his deal with Chicago.

You forgot Brewer cant shoot.:D

He has a decent mid range game actually, he can't shoot the 3 at all though

Savage Sunday
02-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Lets also understand that Memphis doesnt want anything to do with Chicago.

How soon do you guys forget the Pau Gasol/Bulls trade rumors?

PurpleJesus28
02-25-2011, 04:11 PM
personally i think we're a little insane for offering all that. even if their late draft picks, you can still find talent anywhere in the draft, thats why you have scouts and what not. brewers been a big key to our defense this year too, i woulda rather traded gibson than brewer personally.

Savage Sunday
02-25-2011, 04:12 PM
He has a decent mid range game actually, he can't shoot the 3 at all though

"Decent" shooting doesn't really matter in the NBA. You gotta be at least Above Average when shooting. Would you trust Brewer to knock down a 18 footer to tie a game?

NYKnickFanatic
02-25-2011, 04:16 PM
Link?

I mean in comparison to McRoberts, that isnt much...:p

RZZZA
02-25-2011, 04:17 PM
"Decent" shooting doesn't really matter in the NBA. You gotta be at least Above Average when shooting. Would you trust Brewer to knock down a 18 footer to tie a game?

no, but thats not his game at all, he's not a go-to playmaker long range shooting all star, he's a very decent role player whose skills can and often do turn the tide of games in your favor. He's good for the clutch 2 down at the baseline, the clutch steal + fastbreak, a power dunk here and there. He's also a good ball handler and can defend just about anyone as well as you could ask for.

He doesn't have the greatest jumper in the wold but I've see him knock quite a few down, i trust his jumper a hell of a lot more than I trust Taj Gibsons

JB0B0
02-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Lakers probably would have got him for a 2nd rounder but we didn't want him.

Sad but probably true.

The Raven
02-25-2011, 05:08 PM
I dont see why they wouldnt of taken that deal. They'd be getting a hell of a deal there. Probably better than anything they are ever going to get for Mayo

sep11ie
02-25-2011, 05:24 PM
I like Miracle Whip better anyways.