PDA

View Full Version : Denver: Best bench in the NBA?

Gibby23
02-25-2011, 01:15 PM
Felton
JR Smith
Wilson Chandler
Al Harrington
Bird Man

1 to 5 they have a solid bench that might be better than Denvers starting 5.

J-Relo
02-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Felton
JR Smith
Wilson Chandler
Al Harrington
Bird Man

1 to 5 they have a solid bench that might be better than Denvers starting 5.

yes, they might be.

lvlheaded
02-25-2011, 01:32 PM
They have players at every position that could start in this league on their bench. Yes they may very well have the best bench.

avsman05
02-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Only time will tell but they look pretty solid

Mishmin
02-25-2011, 01:34 PM
I think their bench might just beat their starters.

DLeeicious
02-25-2011, 01:37 PM
I LOVE Denver's new squad they are my second favorite team after the Melo deal. Very fun to watch

AlexTmz2
Saw them last night and yeah their bench looks pretty solid.

Reyes6
Mavs and Magic are better.

PG: Barea
SG: Terry
SF: Stojakovic
PF: Cardinal?
C: Haywood

PG: Nelson
SG: Redick
SF: Richardson
PF: Anderson
C: Orton

I like their depth over the Nuggets.

JermanJaysFan
02-25-2011, 01:42 PM

Nelson starts for the Magic and Stojakovic starts for the Mavs.

Additionally, I don't think either of those benches are as good as Denver's.

I think Denver should have tried to flip Felton. He seems a bit wasted to me in a backup/time share role with Lawson, and I think they could have got a nice piece or two for him.

Rivera
02-25-2011, 01:43 PM

nelson starts lol...gotta put gilbert there

and daniel orton NEVER plays ever....gotta put malik allen at the C :laugh2:

FutureGM
02-25-2011, 01:46 PM

I like the Nuggets over the Magic but Dallas is a good contender when everyone is healthy.

tbone2171
doesn't really matter when your starting 5 is average at best

flclfanman
Denver has a pretty good bench despite their alleged "rebuilding" process.

I'll still take Philly's bench over them tho. Lou Williams and Thad Young are LEGIT.

bovice163
02-25-2011, 01:53 PM
Their bench is very solid, they really have no weakness at any position. After last nights game, they are one of my favorite teams to watch.

LTBaByyy
02-25-2011, 01:54 PM
JJ passing PG
Terry scoring
Stevenson 3 pt shooter/defense
Marion defense/scoring
Haywood defense and rebounding

Is the best bench!!!

Denver is just a scoring bench, BUT they are 2nd!!! Cause i love that new team

Mudvayne91
02-25-2011, 02:04 PM

That would explain why when I first read the initial post, I was like, "who the hell is that?"

The Jokemaker
02-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Best bench? Psssh, try best TEAM. Two wins so far including one over the Celtics. This team is gonna be in the Finals and win the championship.

Gritz
02-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Their bench looks like a starting 5

thephoenixson28
02-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Phoenix not trying to be bias

pg.Brooks
Sg.Petruis
Sf.Dudley
Pf.Warrick
C.Gortat

ecorrea
02-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Watson brewer korver gibson asik w/ k Thomas as 6th man is pretty solid

Obv not the best tho

tbomlad
02-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Yes, Orlando has the best bench.

Arenas, Redick, Q-Rich, Anderson, & Clark are tops in the league.

PhillySportFan
02-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Sixers bench is the best. Statisically they've proven that.

tbomlad
02-25-2011, 02:38 PM

Malik Allen? You mean Earl Clark. looks like someone else is clueless. :laugh2:

AI4MVP
02-25-2011, 02:41 PM
denver and phoenix have the best benches

tbomlad
02-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Sixers bench is the best. Statisically they've proven that.

Magic's bench leads the league in scoring.

Chi StateOfMind
02-25-2011, 02:47 PM
i feel they do they have 2 deep at every position happy for them

TheDiggler
02-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Looks good. Just like Dallas bench. Pretty deep ...

avrpatsfan
02-25-2011, 02:51 PM
I predicted the Nuggets would be good even without Melo and I was right. They probably have the best bench in the NBA too. They'll be fine even without Melo.

97NYer
02-25-2011, 03:00 PM
Easily Denver

Starters=
Lawson
Afflalo
Gallo
Martin
Nene

Subs=
Felton (As good as Ty)
Smith (Better than Afflalo)
Chandler (Better than Gallo) Forbes (Solid Role Player)
Harrington (As good as Martin)
Birdman/Mozgov (Solid Role Players)

Sixerlover
02-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Statistically speaking Philly has the league's best bench, but name value would give the edge to Denver

Sixerlover
02-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Magic's bench leads the league in scoring.

There's more to judging a bench than just scoring.

zB_#85
02-25-2011, 03:07 PM
I think Denver will actually climb in the west conf standings the 2nd half of the season. This team is deep and will be very fun to watch.

Lakeshow86
02-25-2011, 03:16 PM
They may very well have the best but there problem is they have 0 stars. They have a lot of good players on the team but they have no star players. Their entire team is basically filled with a bunch of Lamar odom level players. good players but no stars. I still think Lakers have the best bench once they get all healthy and playing on the right page. Lakers Bench consists of Blake, Brown, Barnes, Odom, Pau.

Sadds The Gr8
02-25-2011, 03:17 PM
i called it right after the trade was made. the nuggets are really deep

69centers
02-25-2011, 03:20 PM
They may very well have the best but there problem is they have 0 stars. They have a lot of good players on the team but they have no star players. Their entire team is basically filled with a bunch of Lamar odom level players. good players but no stars. I still think Lakers have the best bench once they get all healthy and playing on the right page. Lakers Bench consists of Blake, Brown, Barnes, Odom, Pau.

Ummm, since when does Pau Gasol come off the Laker Bench?? :facepalm:

Boston:

When Shaq is back to starter:

Krstic, J. O'Neal, Big Baby, Jeff Green, Delonte West and possibly Troy Murphy and others coming

Not sure how anyone can say this isn't the best?

Da Knicks
02-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Denver without a doubt has the best bench in the league, dark horse team for me in the playoffs. Could see them knocking one the big contenders out if taken lightly. Gallo is the guy that could make that team a very scary team going forward.

69centers
02-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Denver without a doubt has the best bench in the league, dark horse team for me in the playoffs. Could see them knocking one the big contenders out if taken lightly. Gallo is the guy that could make that team a very scary team going forward.

I'm actually going to call it now and say Denver isn't even making the playoffs. They were 2 games away from the 8th seed with Carmelo and Billups, but you think they're now going to remain in playoff contention with the guys they got in return? No way.

broncsnugzbrave
02-25-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm actually going to call it now and say Denver isn't even making the playoffs. They were 2 games away from the 8th seed with Carmelo and Billups, but you think they're now going to remain in playoff contention with the guys they got in return? No way.

I am going to save this and its going to make a great sig once the playoffs come around.

BallIsAll
02-25-2011, 04:09 PM

first of all it's their*

they have many potential all stars.
Felton (was next on the list if a guard was hurt.)
Smith (very good young player who with minutes can take over.)
Chandler (very good young player who with minutes can take over.)
Nene (had a very good chance this year but LA stepped up.)
Afflalo (who was rumored to be a coaches pick this year.)

they have 5-7 above average borderline all star players.

Really? they are tied for 5th already and with these ball hogging "stars" they were going to at best be 7th.

Sly Guy
02-25-2011, 04:19 PM
best bench, but not enough minutes for everyone. They're still gonna have to do some 2:1, or 3:1 swaps in the offseason for a few more solid pieces.

CowboysKB24
02-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Cool.

lkingratedr
02-25-2011, 04:25 PM
honestly denver which is one of my favorite teams has become a deeper team with this trade ... there bench is basically an nba starting 5 and they have the height and firepower to go to war with alot of top teams... also they have alot of salary cap space going forward which makes them even more deadlier ... in all honesty all the nuggets need right now is that go 2 scorer ...some1 that can basically replace melo give them about 20+ points a night some1 like a brandon roy/rudy gay and i could see them winning a championship with this roster if it stays intact

Bravo95
02-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Yes.

Albrecht Duerer
02-25-2011, 04:50 PM
I think Denver should have the best bench but they really need to push tempo and that means guys shouldn't be playing like starters who are trying play like they need to last the whole game. They have two PGs that can really push tempo and a lot of other players who can run the floor. They dont have slow and plodding centers. But they will be weakened if guys start thinking they should be starters or playing starters minutes and stop pushing tempo.

Denver really needs to run and gun with that depth and the altitude on top of that. If Denver pushes tempo, teams will hate to play them.

Albrecht Duerer
02-25-2011, 04:51 PM

Those are some really sour grapes.