PDA

View Full Version : What will howard do

iliketurtles24
02-25-2011, 12:41 PM
What team will howard play for when his contract is up, will he go to LA, NY, nets or knicks, or is there another team? Will he force his way out like melo next year, or will he stay in orlando?

I think he will either force his way out quietly or wait till he is a fa, as for where he will go, idk. With homer hopes i want him to go to the wolves, but realistically that wouldn't happen. Whatever team he goes to will become a lot better and the magic will become a lot worse.

Thought?

Same could be said for CP, where, how, when?

ChitownSports16
02-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Bulls will trade noah and Deng and 2 1st rounders For howard!!!! Sorry just my dream

Sportfan
02-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Don't count the Celtics out, who have a ton of cash coming off the books next year

LakersIn5
02-25-2011, 12:49 PM
celtics sign him with the ton of capspace they have in the future.
lakers sign and trade for him
magic resign him
new york signs either him or cp3.

BigCityofDreams
02-25-2011, 12:53 PM
celtics sign him with the ton of capspace they have in the future.
lakers sign and trade for him
magic resign him
new york signs either him or cp3.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Yes please lol.

I'm surprised how many fans are in on Howard Knicks, Nets, Celtics, Lakers, etc. He is definitely going to be in high demand when the time comes. There are rumors he wants to be in LA I wonder if they are true as Melo wants to be in NY rumors.

YankeeClipper5
02-25-2011, 12:54 PM
I think he's going to the Lakers.

Hunter48MVP
02-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Lakers will trade for him

mikealike305
02-25-2011, 12:57 PM
hes coming to Miami.... i can feel it

no, he'll most likely end up in LA

Raoul Duke
02-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Can we make a seperate forum section for people who want to discuss free agency two years in advance? I cannot think of a dumber thing to sit around and speculate about. The game itself is interesting. This **** is like reality TV.

tdunk21
02-25-2011, 01:01 PM
he will go to the lakers in a sign and trade....thats what everyone is doing right....ditch their teams and sign with big market teams...i dont see him goin to the knicks just coz of the coach d'antoni

LakersIn5
02-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Can we make a seperate forum section for people who want to discuss free agency two years in advance? I cannot think of a dumber thing to sit around and speculate about. The game itself is interesting. This **** is like reality TV.

what will blake griffin do when his contract expires?

tdunk21
02-25-2011, 01:02 PM
i mean none of these new players have the balls to be a leader on their teams and lead them to a championship

Da Knicks
02-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Howard will end up a knick as Billups will be the pg and teach Douglas how to run the point for the future.

lvlheaded
Dwight will go to LA and CP3 will go to the Knicks IMO.

SNYmets86
http://i54.tinypic.com/eb5tmp.jpg

this pic says it all plus he loves hollywood

from howard :

One thing that I've done for myself, I've made sure [I have] a business mind with everything that I do. And it's brought me a long way. So, when I'm finished playing basketball, I think I'll be very successful because I've started to do stuff now so that, when I'm done playing, I'll be ready. I like to act, so I've been doing a lot of work with different actors, voice coaches. I want to do that next. That's what I've been working on besides just playing basketball."

J-Relo
02-25-2011, 01:09 PM
i don't see him being a laker?

what could Lakers have by then?

LakersIn5
02-25-2011, 01:10 PM
i mean none of these new players have enough talent to be a leader on their teams and lead them to a championship

fixed.

reality is sometimes if you stay you just wont be able to win. example kevin love may have the balls to stay with the wolves but will he win a c'ship? lebron did the right thing. his not going to win ***** in cleveland so he decided to leave. and dwight leaving is a good move for him. why would he stay? if he wont in a title in orlando?

championship > loyalty

and why do you have to be loyal? as if it was the players choice that they were drafted by that team

Chi StateOfMind
02-25-2011, 01:12 PM
he'll be singing purp and yellow when he's a free agent

Dankster
02-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Lakers are probably where he ends up as they have so many big guys to choose from to center around a deal. I'd say the dark horse in all this is the Nets especially the time Howard becomes a FA they will be making their transition into Brooklyn.

tangent12
02-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Gee I don't know, let me get a crystal ball off ebay and i'll get back at you..

mikealike305
02-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Gee I don't know, let me get a crystal ball off ebay and i'll get back at you..

man, thats funny

believeinNYK
02-25-2011, 01:29 PM
I see him with the lakers, all I know is I don't want to see him on the Celtics and Nets

tangent12
02-25-2011, 01:31 PM
man, thats funny

Oh! Hi there MIke.. watched the game last night? http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/Smileys/default/wave2.gif

sep11ie
02-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Josh Howard?

jim51990
02-25-2011, 01:33 PM
theres only 3 real options

Magic
Celtics (Where i think he ends up)
Lakers

the knicks will either not have the cap space or they will use it on cp3

jkcronyn
02-25-2011, 01:34 PM
id love to see okc do it

Raph12
02-25-2011, 01:35 PM
So after so much speculation about Melo and ALL the talk, it's just "on to the next one"... Where's DWill gonna go? Where's CP3 gonna go? Where's Griffin gonna go? Where's Wall gonna go? Where's Cousins gonna go? Etc, etc... We can do this year round.

mikealike305
02-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Oh! Hi there MIke.. watched the game last night? http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/Smileys/default/wave2.gif

yup, every min of it. rose is making a real push for MVP.

tdunk21
02-25-2011, 01:40 PM
fixed.

reality is sometimes if you stay you just wont be able to win. example kevin love may have the balls to stay with the wolves but will he win a c'ship? lebron did the right thing. his not going to win ***** in cleveland so he decided to leave. and dwight leaving is a good move for him. why would he stay? if he wont in a title in orlando?

championship > loyalty

and why do you have to be loyal? as if it was the players choice that they were drafted by that team

no loyalty in sports...i never said players have to be loyal to their teams....dont fix that....

all these superstars being traded lack leadership.....they have enough talent...its their ability to lead a team to the championship.....

$KnicksAndKobe$
02-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Lakers need to clear space for him if they want him. Nets/Knicks/Celts will have the advantage because right now LA and ORL are in bad situations with cap space in 2012.

Nets and Knicks will be competing for D-Will, CP3, and Dwight if LA and ORL don't make room.

I would want LA to make room because Knicks are locked to get CP3 so if that happens then Dwight will go to Brooklyn with D-Will or Boston with Rondo.

Killinmesoftly
02-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Lakers need to clear space for him if they want him. Nets/Knicks/Celts will have the advantage because right now LA and ORL are in bad situations with cap space in 2012.

Nets and Knicks will be competing for D-Will, CP3, and Dwight if LA and ORL don't make room.

I would want LA to make room because Knicks are locked to get CP3 so if that happens then Dwight will go to Brooklyn with D-Will or Boston with Rondo.

:clap: i'm hoping the Lakers and Magic wont make that room...

johnnychan
02-25-2011, 01:49 PM
If the Magic aren't able to get CP3 then he's coming to LA.

H.E.R.
02-25-2011, 01:51 PM
I would want LA to make room because Knicks are locked to get CP3

Once again, here's a post that everyone seems to look over in all the other threads...

Knicks will pay ~$40 million/year to Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudamire alone soon enough when Carmelo's max extension is worked out and signed. Take cap holds into account ($490,000 for EACH empty roster spot under 12 players), leaving around $14 million in first year salary while not including extending Fields. That means if Howard or Paul want to come to the Knicks, they would leave nearly $30 million in total contract money if they decide not to sign with another team. To fill out the roster, they could only give out vet minimums with the type of money spent on three players. Let's also remember that the Heat's 3 didn't take max deals and consulted with each other on their contracts to play together and sign other role players.

This is also under the current CBA. The new one might include a lower and hard salary cap.

The same would go for Deron Williams if he considers the Knicks an option.

Double_R
02-25-2011, 01:52 PM
2 years away, I say we restart this thread in a year.

todu82
02-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Depends on how the Magic do in the playoffs. If they don't win a title between now and then then I can see him leaving.

H.E.R.
02-25-2011, 01:55 PM
If the Magic aren't able to get CP3 then he's coming to LA.

Magic have three really bad contracts on them by the 2012 offseason. Arenas will be making $20 million, Hedo will be making $11 million, and Jameer will be making near $8 million. Not the type of assets other teams would want. Magic's only hope of keeping Howard is to win and win big. Either way, they're not bringing in Chris Paul. Take into account Redick, Bass, and Duhon, and Q-Rich, they won't be able to afford bringing in Paul while at the same time retaining Dwight and their huge contracts.

LA probably won't have the assets to trade any of there big contracts away either. They'll be near or over the cap if they renounce any player with team options. They won't be able to afford Paul either.

tdunk21
02-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Magic have three really bad contracts on them by the 2012 offseason. Arenas will be making $20 million, Hedo will be making $11 million, and Jameer will be making near $8 million. Not the type of assets other teams would want. Magic's only hope of keeping Howard is to win and win big. Either way, they're not bringing in Chris Paul. Take into account Redick, Bass, and Duhon, and Q-Rich, they won't be able to afford bringing in Paul while at the same time retaining Dwight and their huge contracts.

LA probably won't have the assets to trade any of there big contracts away either. They'll be near or over the cap if they renounce any player with team options. They won't be able to afford Paul either.

can the lakers workout a sign and trade for howard????

darkjustice21
02-25-2011, 02:08 PM
What about the Thunder. Depending on what Perkins does this offseason of course but if he wants to play with stars they are an attractive young team. The market isn't the best but playing with Westbrook and Durant might be his best bet.

Bravo95
02-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Howard's going home to Atlanta or he'll sign with the Lakers if they decline the option on Bynum.

BigBlueCrew
02-25-2011, 02:21 PM
He's coming to the Knicks, like his mentor.

kobebabe
02-25-2011, 02:22 PM

Mitch kupchak

If you know what i mean........:cool:

H.E.R.
02-25-2011, 02:32 PM
can the lakers workout a sign and trade for howard????

For whom? Bynum and Gasol would still be making way too much and I don't see a team going into rebuilding taking on Artest. Even if the Magic were willing to take on Bynum or Gasol, the rumored hard cap in the new CBA would still be a big problem for both teams in a trade. The Lakers are too good for their own draft picks to mean anything also.

Iron24th
02-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Lakers bound

SteBO
02-25-2011, 02:45 PM
I dunno if he's Lakers bound. First off, the Lakers need to clear big cap space. Besides, I can really see him in NY with Amare and Melo. Talk about a dominant frontcourt. However, L.A. does have a guy named Mitch Cupchak, so I could see him snagging Dwight. He's done this kind of thing before.

H.E.R.
02-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Lakers bound

Once again, even if they renounce Odom and Bynum (leaving $67 million in total salaries), they'll still be way over the cap.

I dunno if he's Lakers bound. First off, the Lakers need to clear big cap space. Besides, I can really see him in NY with Amare and Melo. Talk about a dominant frontcourt.

Unless he's willing to take a $10 million base salary like some here would believe, I don't see him going to the Knicks either.

BigCityofDreams
02-25-2011, 02:51 PM
i mean none of these new players have the balls to be a leader on their teams and lead them to a championship

I don't think it's a lack of balls I think it's realizing that they have an opportunity to capitalize on their skills while they're still in their prime. Many great players before them played for decades and never won. Hell the human highlight reel never made it out of the second round of the playoffs.

goose15
02-25-2011, 02:54 PM
homer pick - Knicks

but I think he'll go to the Lakers (like Shaq)

shep33
02-25-2011, 02:56 PM
We'll see, hard to tell now, but I'd say LA has a slight advantage just cause they can give up Bynum which seems to be the most attractive piece anyone can offer. Noah is solid, and I know Drew at times can be a risk, but I mean when Drew is healthy he plays well on offense and defense, he's basically the 3rd option out there with the starters and there is no doubt he can average 20 and 10 on a weaker team. But we'll see...

I think the fact that D12 likes the entertainment side of sports kinda like Shaq, is another reason he'd come to LA. Also it's really a smarter move, why stay out east when everyone is going there? Go out west where the conference is getting weaker, making for a better chance to get to the finals each year.

BigCityofDreams
02-25-2011, 03:02 PM
We'll see, hard to tell now, but I'd say LA has a slight advantage just cause they can give up Bynum which seems to be the most attractive piece anyone can offer. Noah is solid, and I know Drew at times can be a risk, but I mean when Drew is healthy he plays well on offense and defense, he's basically the 3rd option out there with the starters and there is no doubt he can average 20 and 10 on a weaker team. But we'll see...

I think the fact that D12 likes the entertainment side of sports kinda like Shaq, is another reason he'd come to LA. Also it's really a smarter move, why stay out east when everyone is going there? Go out west where the conference is getting weaker, making for a better chance to get to the finals each year.

True Howard can set himself up well in terms of the west getting weaker plus he'll be playing with Kobe. At that time he won't be the top player in the league hell he might not even be number 2 but whatever drop off he has it won't be a drastic one.

5ass
howard will ask himself.. What would Jesus do?

KJ21.the.truth
Lol I love how the Magic fans have not posted yet... Dwights not leaving.

BigCityofDreams
02-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Lol I love how the Magic fans have not posted yet... Dwights not leaving.

That's the right attitude to have as a Magic fan.

Chitownhero14
02-25-2011, 03:05 PM
I see him going to the Lakers to form a new team and restart their franchise (maybe D-Will following). The only other candidates would be back to Orlando, somehow someway to New York (Highly doubted - no money) or Chicago.

H.E.R.
02-25-2011, 03:07 PM
I see him going to the Lakers to form a new team and restart their franchise (maybe D-Will following). The only other candidates would be back to Orlando, somehow someway to New York (Highly doubted - no money) or Chicago.

I would really like to know how the Lakers end up with Howard. They can't sign him in free agency. Kobe and Gasol account for $47 million alone. Artest and Fisher is $10 million and Blake and Walton are another $10 million. I would like to know the kind of package that the Lakers could put up that the Magic would want.

Lake_Show2416
02-25-2011, 03:14 PM
the Magic r turning into the Cavs... I think Dwight will want out

Lakers r the obvious destination, he honestly doesn't say anything else but wanting to play in LA with Kobe... n ultimately Howard decides where he wants to go

we have a good piece to build a trade around in Bynum which IMO is better then a couple ok young players

for other teams it might be harder due to the unknown of the new collective bargaining agreement, if a team doesn't already have the assets under contract to make a trade

shep33
02-25-2011, 03:17 PM
I would really like to know how the Lakers end up with Howard. They can't sign him in free agency. Kobe and Gasol account for $47 million alone. Artest and Fisher is $10 million and Blake and Walton are another $10 million. I would like to know the kind of package that the Lakers could put up that the Magic would want.

It'll likely be a sign and trade involving Bynum + other players, get a 3rd team involved to get Orlando picks etc. I don't think its a longshot at all, the Buss family is willing to go over the luxury tax, so I wouldn't worry about money after they just signed a $3 billion televison deal, while also making millions upon millions in ticket sales and merchandise.

Orlando can take a package including Bynum, or else they can end up like the Cavs or Raptors. Maybe they can get Bynum while getting a 3rd team involved to pick up a guy like Mayo who Memphis doesn't want. Knicks, Lakers and maybe Nets are the only teams that are likely to get him IMO unless Orlando wins a title.

If the Lakers really wanted to rebuild and go young, they might also trade Pau... I mean if it could somehow get them a chance to pick up Dwill and D12, obviously for a paycut, then I think there could be a possibility in doing this.

tjlipford
02-25-2011, 03:18 PM
So this is the next topic? He is a year away from that stuff & people are already talking about his contract and where he will go. This is the problem with sports. The league is filled with a bunch of suckas who don't want to work to win. They want to go to already established markets instead of making a small market good & big & creating there own legacy

He's gonna go to LA just like Paul will go to NY. This stuff is getting out of hand. Howard plays with the Magic right now so why discuss this when it's not even close. This stuff is pathetic

H.E.R.
02-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Bynum is a year rental that is overpaid for his injuries. I don't think the Magic bite on him.

shep33
02-25-2011, 03:24 PM
He should go out west, teams are piling up in the East as contenders, so why not go out west where he has a better shot to get to the finals.

shep33
02-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Bynum is a year rental that is overpaid for his injuries. I don't think the Magic bite on him.

I mean the Magic have to trade him though, LA won't resign Bynum if it means a chance at getting D12 or Dwill come free agency.

BigCityofDreams
02-25-2011, 03:26 PM
the Magic r turning into the Cavs... I think Dwight will want out

Lakers r the obvious destination, he honestly doesn't say anything else but wanting to play in LA with Kobe... n ultimately Howard decides where he wants to go

we have a good piece to build a trade around in Bynum which IMO is better then a couple ok young players

for other teams it might be harder due to the unknown of the new collective bargaining agreement, if a team doesn't already have the assets under contract to make a trade

According to H.E.R. D12 coming to LA is a stretch. I'd like to see it happen though.

smuffins353
02-25-2011, 03:37 PM
he will end up in Houston with CP3

bank on it

da wood
02-25-2011, 03:44 PM
h.e.r i dont see it as a stretch at all if he really wants to come to l.a. then he will make it happen with him being probly the most out spoken guy in the league at this time.

H.E.R.
02-25-2011, 03:47 PM
I mean the Magic have to trade him though, LA won't resign Bynum if it means a chance at getting D12 or Dwill come free agency.

Dude, whether or or not LA extends one, both, or neither of Bynum and Odom, they will still be over the cap with no money to spend in free agency unless Howard takes the MLE (if it's still there by the new CBA).

Unless Bynum remains injury free and becomes a 20/10 player, I think the Magic let him walk for nothing than risk taking on Bynum's $16 million + fillers from a trade, even if it's a year.

J4KOP99
02-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Josh Howard?

I was originally thinking Howard Stern... but Howard re-signed with Sirius XM for another 5 years.

The Jokemaker
02-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Call me old fashioned but I hope he stays in Orlando. It won't happen though because this new age superstar is obsessed with super teams so he'll join up 2 or 4 other stars and that'll be it. And to be perfectly honest, if you want a reason to hate LBJ, he's one of the ones that started this whole superteam concept and now all the other players want to do that.

RaiderLakersA's
02-25-2011, 04:16 PM
The LA Lakers will shock the world and pick up both D. Howard and CP3. If not CP3, then Deron Williams. They'll likely lose Artest and Bynum and send Fisher into retirement.

In the next two seasons, they'll also look to add a shooting guard to the bench and set the table for "Kobe's Last Stand," a blockbuster movie event coming to a theater near you in the Summer of 2013, starring...

Cp3 or Deron Williams
Dwight Howard
Pau Gasol
Lamar Odom/Matt Barnes

And featuring Kobe Bryant as the legendary anti-hero, The Black Mamba!!!

WrongIslander
02-25-2011, 04:32 PM
I don't see that many scenarios where Howard doesn't end up in L.A. with an acting coach, his own segment on a chat show and a movie deal at some point (regardless of if he can act).

Kyben36
02-25-2011, 04:33 PM
going out on a limb and going to say HOward to the nets with D Will.

H.E.R.
02-25-2011, 04:34 PM
The LA Lakers will shock the world and pick up both D. Howard and CP3. If not CP3, then Deron Williams. They'll likely lose Artest and Bynum and send Fisher into retirement.

In the next two seasons, they'll also look to add a shooting guard to the bench and set the table for "Kobe's Last Stand," a blockbuster movie event coming to a theater near you in the Summer of 2013, starring...

Cp3 or Deron Williams
Dwight Howard
Pau Gasol
Lamar Odom/Matt Barnes

And featuring Kobe Bryant as the legendary anti-hero, The Black Mamba!!!

Losing Artest AND Bynum doesn't put the Lakers under the cap to sign even one of them. Let me put it this way...getting rid of Bynum AND Odom AND Artest puts their total payroll ~$60,000,000 (over the current cap). I don't see New Orleans or Orlando taking in Artest's $15 million over 2 years back in any trade.

The Raven
02-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Hopefully LA baby

Ripper Gein
02-25-2011, 05:04 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/eb5tmp.jpg

this pic says it all plus he loves hollywood

from howard :

One thing that I've done for myself, I've made sure [I have] a business mind with everything that I do. And it's brought me a long way. So, when I'm finished playing basketball, I think I'll be very successful because I've started to do stuff now so that, when I'm done playing, I'll be ready. I like to act, so I've been doing a lot of work with different actors, voice coaches. I want to do that next. That's what I've been working on besides just playing basketball."

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap:

Ripper Gein
02-25-2011, 05:05 PM

Being THE Lakers!!!

tredigs
02-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Who cares: This free-agency hasn't even begun yet and I'm already sick of it.

We just had a plethora of HUGE-impact trades go down. Can we live in the now for once and actually digest these/focus on the rest of this season?

Doubt I'm alone, and I truly cannot stand the neverending free agency talk.

Chill_Will_24
02-25-2011, 05:22 PM
If Deron Williams elevates Brook Lopez's game, I can see Lopez drawing much interest from the Magic in a sign and trade. He'll be 23ys old... I think Lopez plus picks gets it done if Dwight forces his way out. The other possibility is Andrew Bynum who is another talented young C.

Contrary to popular belief I don't believe the Knicks will get another star. They not only overpaid for Amare but now gave Melo a max too. That's a lot of money. Dwight, Paul, and Deron would have to take a ridiculous pay cut to play there.

Chill_Will_24
02-25-2011, 05:27 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap:

If LA is where his heart is then IMHO I think the Clippers should be his destination. Dwight... Griffin... Gordon... Bledsoe... Aminu... That team is so young and def looks better long term than the Lakers

RaiderLakersA's
02-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Losing Artest AND Bynum doesn't put the Lakers under the cap to sign even one of them. Let me put it this way...getting rid of Bynum AND Odom AND Artest puts their total payroll ~$60,000,000 (over the current cap). I don't see New Orleans or Orlando taking in Artest's $15 million over 2 years back in any trade.

Believe me, I know the numbers don't work, but that doesn't stop me from giving a tongue in cheek response as to D. Howard landing in Lakerville. No one said that I had to explain HOW he was going to get there.

WizFan3
02-25-2011, 05:42 PM
go to the wizards :)

shep33
02-25-2011, 06:25 PM

well it depends, I still think the Lakers wouldn't be afraid to pull a Pau Gasol move either if it meant gettin D12. Dwight for Pau straight up works financially right now if they were to do it. Pau still under contract for 4 years (including this one). Bynum can also be used in a sign and trade to get Williams. The thing is the Lakers can go over the cap as long as they match salaries with players going in and out. They'll pay the luxury tax too, they don't care.

H.E.R.
02-25-2011, 06:37 PM
well it depends, I still think the Lakers wouldn't be afraid to pull a Pau Gasol move either if it meant gettin D12. Dwight for Pau straight up works financially right now if they were to do it. Pau still under contract for 4 years (including this one). Bynum can also be used in a sign and trade to get Williams. The thing is the Lakers can go over the cap as long as they match salaries with players going in and out. They'll pay the luxury tax too, they don't care.

Orlando is not going to take the rest of Gasol's contract ($38,285,850/2 years after the 2011-2012 season) if they are about to go into rebuilding. Why would they want to trade Howard for Gasol now?

NJ is not going to want another Center, especially with Bynum's injury history and contract.

The new CBA might not allow teams to go over the salary cap. It puts them in a rough spot in obtaining Dwight Howard.

Lake_Show2416
02-25-2011, 06:51 PM
H.E.R ur not gonna convince every person that there is no way it happens cuz everyone knows it's a strong possibility

Baron Davis was traded, anything is possible

showtym24
02-25-2011, 06:59 PM
Dwight will go to LA and CP3 will go to the Knicks IMO.

This.

H.E.R.
02-25-2011, 07:03 PM
H.E.R ur not gonna convince every person that there is no way it happens cuz everyone knows it's a strong possibility

How is it a strong possibility? Because he said he would like to play with Kobe? I provided simple facts. The Lakers have HUGE contracts that aren't exactly enticing to teams who may enter rebuilding, their current payroll is $91.5 million and will have $67 million in guaranteed contracts by the time Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, and Deron Williams are free agents, and face a new CBA that may not favor teams with huge payrolls. Not to mention they're doing too good for their picks to be good. How does everyone seem to believe "it's a strong possibility"?

Can they acquire Howard? Yes. Are the odds in the LA's favor to do so? Definitely not.

LTS
02-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Personally I hope he stays in ORL and gets CP3 then we can cut the NBA down to 10 or so teams and the season will have more meaning

pinkfloyd
02-25-2011, 07:17 PM
He would be a Heat if LeBron was not here for sure. He loves Wade. But there's still a chance. Miami gets him by sending Bosh to the Magic. If Pat Riley gets Dwight in a room, then it's over.

In more realistic way, he will wind up in LA because he's a wannabe Shaq.

gilly
02-25-2011, 08:06 PM
What I wanna know is where John Wall is gonna land summer of 2014... we all know he won't be a Wizard forever.

Chill_Will_24
02-25-2011, 08:16 PM
What I wanna know is where John Wall is gonna land summer of 2014... we all know he won't be a Wizard forever.

Even better! Let's debate where Austin Rivers will sign when he becomes a free agent in 2017! We all know he want to play for his dad! Knicks will get him for sure cuz when Mike DAntoni gets booed out of the garden that's where Doc will take his coaching talents

29$JerZ
02-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Dwight = Shaq 2.0
NY will target a PG like Paul or Williams first imo even though Dwight would literally fix every issue NY has upfront

Storch
02-25-2011, 08:25 PM
The Lakers are going to be in MAJOR cap space problems during that time that DHoward wants to come. We have to get rid of Gasol if we want Howard in. Kobe and Gasol would roughly make over 55 million alone. If we want Howard, Gasol has to go. The new CBA would probably ruin it for the Lakers' future because we signed our two superstars to so much money.

I'd say DHoward to the Lakers won't happen in 2012 just because of the money issues... Unless its Pau + fillers for Howard.

Storch
02-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Dwight = Shaq 2.0
NY will target a PG like Paul or Williams first imo even though Dwight would literally fix every issue NY has upfront

Call me crazy, but I think Nash is headed over there soon. Looks like PHX maybe preparing for a Nash exit in the near future. :shrug:

Lloyd Christmas
02-25-2011, 08:27 PM
What will Howard do? Probably retire after this season. He is just too old to keep playing and this year he has a great chance at getting his ring with the Heat.

Lake_Show2416
02-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Dwight = Shaq 2.0

seriously following in the same foots steps, even wit the superman thing

xabial
02-25-2011, 09:28 PM
If Howard Goes to the Knicks thats the Best Big-3 In the NBA, Maybe Team...No Homer

Flash3
02-25-2011, 09:34 PM
i really think he stays reading his tweets and the way he loves orlando i really think he gives them one more shot after 2012.

Flash3
02-25-2011, 09:38 PM
especially the money he will giving up damn.... theres no state income tax in orlando plus they can offer him the most money i really don't see him leaving but thats my opinion

hugepatsfan
02-25-2011, 09:42 PM
LA would have to pick up Bynum's team option and do a S&T. I think that ORL would be willing to do that, provided that Bynum keeps progressing and stays healthy. Getting him for Dwight is better than nothing.

ORL could always resign him. I'm not sure that they can be built up to a championship level though. And they don't have a lot of flexibility either. I don't like the way they look for the future.

BOS might have the cap room, but I just can't see it. Only Rondo and Pierce are on the books. But they will have to pay the LAC 1st rounder they got. I think they keep Jeff Green long term as well. Avery Bradley looks like the long term combo guard off the bench as well. BOS has $29,421,145 commited to 3 players (Pierce, Rondo, Bradley) in the Dwight offseason. I expect Jeff Green to sign long term, so add another 10 mil (maybe a bit more). They have an LAC 1st that should be late lottery to pay. Then they have to pay their own 1st rounders and fill out the roster. I think they will be a bit short to give Dwight the max, unless they let Green walk. But if BOS has no talent on the roster, why would Dwight come?

Lake_Show2416
02-25-2011, 10:32 PM
LA would have to pick up Bynum's team option and do a S&T. I think that ORL would be willing to do that, provided that Bynum keeps progressing and stays healthy. Getting him for Dwight is better than nothing.

ORL could always resign him. I'm not sure that they can be built up to a championship level though. And they don't have a lot of flexibility either. I don't like the way they look for the future.

BOS might have the cap room, but I just can't see it. Only Rondo and Pierce are on the books. But they will have to pay the LAC 1st rounder they got. I think they keep Jeff Green long term as well. Avery Bradley looks like the long term combo guard off the bench as well. BOS has $29,421,145 commited to 3 players (Pierce, Rondo, Bradley) in the Dwight offseason. I expect Jeff Green to sign long term, so add another 10 mil (maybe a bit more). They have an LAC 1st that should be late lottery to pay. Then they have to pay their own 1st rounders and fill out the roster. I think they will be a bit short to give Dwight the max, unless they let Green walk. But if BOS has no talent on the roster, why would Dwight come?

I believe the Cavs have the Clippers 1st round pick from the Baron Davis trade

but good points on the Lakers n Magic

I also think that the Lakers are going to want Dwight a lot n would be willing to part ways with both Bynum n Odom in a S&T if necessary, but I hope not ha

rurichie
02-25-2011, 10:47 PM
New joisey!!!!

Lake_Show2416
02-25-2011, 10:49 PM
^ doesn't have to b a sign n trade either they can pursue him while under contract so magic don't risk him just walking

hugepatsfan
02-25-2011, 10:49 PM
I believe the Cavs have the Clippers 1st round pick from the Baron Davis trade

but good points on the Lakers n Magic

I also think that the Lakers are going to want Dwight a lot n would be willing to part ways with both Bynum n Odom in a S&T if necessary, but I hope not ha

BOS has a 2012 LAC 1st rounder (top 10 protected) from the Perkins trade. If they get it that year (they may not), that rookie's cap hold will count against BOS's cap.

I forgot to mention that I think BOS signs Big Baby to an extension this offseason. When it's all said and done, I think BOS probably only has 8-10 mil in cap space during Dwight's FA year. Not enough.

IDK LA would include Odom in the S&T. It would be Bynum (team option picked up) and maybe a 1st rounder to ORL for Dwight in the S&T deal. LA might pick up Odom's option to and flip him for help in other areas (they will be set at PF and C w/ Dwight and Pau). He would be a decent sized expiring deal, which always has value.

Lake_Show2416
02-25-2011, 11:01 PM
BOS has a 2012 LAC 1st rounder (top 10 protected) from the Perkins trade. If they get it that year (they may not), that rookie's cap hold will count against BOS's cap.

I forgot to mention that I think BOS signs Big Baby to an extension this offseason. When it's all said and done, I think BOS probably only has 8-10 mil in cap space during Dwight's FA year. Not enough.

IDK LA would include Odom in the S&T. It would be Bynum (team option picked up) and maybe a 1st rounder to ORL for Dwight in the S&T deal. LA might pick up Odom's option to and flip him for help in other areas (they will be set at PF and C w/ Dwight and Pau). He would be a decent sized expiring deal, which always has value.

oh in 2012, I got cha!

but ya I don't think the lakers will trade Odom cuz I think Bynum would be enough but if it came down to it they would probably make the move.

also it could be a trade this offseason(unlikely) or midseason next year, where it doesnt even get to a S&T, just throwing things out there

VinceCarter
02-26-2011, 12:34 AM
New joisey!!!!
By that time it will be Brooklyn!!!

Raph12
02-26-2011, 12:59 AM
What will he do?... He'll drop 40pts-15rbs-6blks-2stls on 16-20 shooting tonight... Oh wait ;)

s3antana5757
02-26-2011, 01:22 AM
I really think he'll go to LA, and that's not just because I'm a fan. The Lakers have the piece(s), he wants to go there, and he's clearly getting fed up with Orlando.

CowboysKB24
02-26-2011, 01:30 AM
especially the money he will giving up damn.... theres no state income tax in orlando plus they can offer him the most money i really don't see him leaving but thats my opinion

State income tax is nothing compared to other taxes like like property taxes and federal income taxes (thirty five percent).

But for the thread... who cares it is far away. Everyone is going to pick their team right now, it is stupid. Too many things can happen.

DR_1
02-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Bulls will do a trade for Howard.
Knicks will sign CP3.
D-Will signs with the Lakers.

Those are my predictions.

CowboysKB24
02-28-2011, 03:17 AM
Bulls will do a trade for Howard.
Knicks will sign CP3.
D-Will signs with the Lakers.

Those are my predictions.

I don't know how people can even start with this. Remember the past free agency? The Knicks were "suppose" to get LBJ and another star. Wade was moving, and all these rumors were going. There is no evidence of anything happening right now. I just feel like it is pointless to debate something that is a season and half away. We won't know anything until a year from now. We will just get speculation. Howard is going to be seen laughing with Phil and Kobe, D Rose and the Bulls, the Cetlics, and rumors are going to be made.