PDA

View Full Version : why are only nets fans comparing the knicks trade of melo to the d will move

nytillidie
02-25-2011, 09:21 AM
i mean cmon now we got melo you didnt he signed the extension where is d-wills extension .....seriously? you got the better deal for cheaper? ha keep tellin yourselves that to justify that trade! you just gave up the two top 5 picks the last 2 years in a row for?!!! no commitment from d will?ha!!!stop the d howard talk u guys get him and you get my respect ....not happenin though and if you dont get howard id looooove to see whos gonna get d will to stay .....baby brooke? 3 reb per game avg? hes 7 foot tall omg!landry fields looks like kevin love if you compare the rebound game those 2 players have....

Swashcuff
02-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Dude what are you talking about? EVERYONE is! Not just the Nets fans

jkiddvc20
02-25-2011, 09:26 AM
We got a real smart one over here!

trini_knickfan
02-25-2011, 09:34 AM
wow 2 great threads in a row :facepalm:

Swashcuff
02-25-2011, 09:40 AM
wow 2 great threads in a row :facepalm:

Yo where the hell you come out from?

Are you Trinidadian?

jmart0424
02-25-2011, 09:51 AM
nets cant get an extension yet he cant sign one until at leat july 18th or june 18th they were talking about it on the radio and i dont think hes gunna opt out of 17 mil after next year for a new deal where salaries maybe cut in half

tdunk21
02-25-2011, 09:59 AM
can we stop with these stupid comparison threads.....

i say it again.....

williams > melo

nets are smarter than the knicks coz they gave up less and got an arguably top 3 PG .....

/ all such threads

utahjazzno12fan
02-25-2011, 10:15 AM
I would say NY would have rather have gotten DWill than Melo. DWill is more valuable than Melo. NJ got a better deal here. NJ just isn't as good as NY. If DWill stays and they get a couple of FA, then they will very possibly be better.

nytillidie
02-25-2011, 10:17 AM
this top 3 point got shipped out o utah....utah?!!! cmon now that doesnt raise a character flag for you?melo too i mean george karl went in last night durin the boston game .....d will is not staying in the swamp and melo will play no defense in ny simple as that......rose is goin nowhere cp3 was in the same draft hes not magically gettin shipped to the cavs they did this to hurt poor lil d wills feelings and to try n humble em....i just wanna know what this rosters gonna look like in 2 years :-O

nytillidie
02-25-2011, 10:20 AM
I would say NY would have rather have gotten DWill than Melo. DWill is more valuable than Melo. NJ got a better deal here. NJ just isn't as good as NY. If DWill stays and they get a couple of FA, then they will very possibly be better.

here we go with the ifs if nj gets a couple of free agents when??!!! this summer? cuz after that d will is gone?! if the knicks get cp3 in 2012 lets talk about now whos better??!!! billups n melo or d will?oh dont worry ill wait

tdunk21
02-25-2011, 10:22 AM
this top 3 point got shipped out o utah....utah?!!! cmon now that doesnt raise a character flag for you?melo too i mean george karl went in last night durin the boston game .....d will is not staying in the swamp and melo will play no defense in ny simple as that......rose is goin nowhere cp3 was in the same draft hes not magically gettin shipped to the cavs they did this to hurt poor lil d wills feelings and to try n humble em....i just wanna know what this rosters gonna look like in 2 years :-O

wait for 2 years

effen5
02-25-2011, 11:16 AM
why does Knicks fans keep making Melo threads

icon1914
02-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Nets trade will begin to either look smart as hell in 2012 if it brings in a Superstar there... or it will look like an awful move if Deron leaves...

The fact is its a risky move that can only pay off big, or cost everything... but they did score a top 5 player at a low cost... If Williams looks like he is going to bolt they could still trade him to a team he wants to go to... They have options...

Never hurts to have one of the best on your roster.

Melo15
02-25-2011, 11:32 AM
why does Knicks fans keep making Melo threads

This.

TopsyTurvy
02-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Just an FYI, as per league contract negotiation rules, DWill cannot be signed to an extension until July of 2011...

H.E.R.
02-25-2011, 11:33 AM
here we go with the ifs if nj gets a couple of free agents when??!!! this summer? cuz after that d will is gone?! if the knicks get cp3 in 2012 lets talk about now whos better??!!! billups n melo or d will?oh dont worry ill wait

My post from another thread...

Knicks will pay ~$40 million/year to Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudamire alone soon enough when Carmelo's max extension is worked out and signed. Take cap holds into account ($490,000 for EACH empty roster spot under 12 players), leaving around $14 million in first year salary while not including extending Fields. That means if Howard or Paul want to come to the Knicks, they would leave nearly $30 million in total contract money if they decide not to sign with another team. To fill out the roster, they could only give out vet minimums with the type of money spent on three players. Let's also remember that the Heat's 3 didn't take max deals and consulted with each other on their contracts to play together and sign other role players.

This is also under the current CBA. The new one might include a lower and hard salary cap.

The same would go for Deron Williams if he considers the Knicks an option.

Mr Grim
02-25-2011, 11:42 AM
Those are the very same fans who thought Derrick Coleman was better than Patrick Ewing.

ddhulett
02-25-2011, 11:54 AM
i mean cmon now we got melo you didnt he signed the extension where is d-wills extension .....seriously? you got the better deal for cheaper? ha keep tellin yourselves that to justify that trade! you just gave up the two top 5 picks the last 2 years in a row for?!!! no commitment from d will?ha!!!stop the d howard talk u guys get him and you get my respect ....not happenin though and if you dont get howard id looooove to see whos gonna get d will to stay .....baby brooke? 3 reb per game avg? hes 7 foot tall omg!landry fields looks like kevin love if you compare the rebound game those 2 players have....

Why not compare it? Net's were after Melo the whole year but ended up with D-Will out of no where. It makes sense that they would compare 2 great players got moved in the same week.

No one cares about you giving anyone respect!:clap: Knicks haven't been relevant for years!!! and they go out and buy their team. Not impressed with the Knicks either!

Bookey
02-25-2011, 12:08 PM
The Knicks already locked up Carmelo for the next 3 years. What if Deron Williams leaves New Jersey/Brooklyn? Now what? They gave up a couple of lottery picks, Derrick Favors (who knows what he could become), and a good replacement for Williams in Devin Haris (not saying that he is as good as Williams, but about as good as a replacement you can get. The Knicks traded away all replaceable players, yeah sure I like alot of the players they traded, but they can be replaced. If CP3 decides to go to New York, Theres no way the Nets got the better deal even if Deron Williams does stay.

THE_G.O.A.T.
02-25-2011, 12:11 PM
I thought both were pretty bad trades. But I like the Deron Williams trade better. He is a better all around player than Melo and they didn't have to give up their whole team for him.

ChiSportsDaily
02-25-2011, 12:19 PM
This is ridiculous. Basically, the Nets had a massive stockpile of trade assets that would have expired after the draft this summer. In a league that's driven by superstars, you roll the dice that you can convince D-Will to stay. It's easy for fans of teams that players WANT to play for to b**** about the trade without an extension. After striking out in free agency and Melo, the Nets did the only thing they could do to acquire a top ten player and for very little.

John Walls Era
02-25-2011, 12:39 PM
This guy is pissed that the Nets stole the Knicks thunder.

Evolution23
02-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Nets fans like the rest of the league are mad cause we got Melo. So they need to rub it in our faces that they got dwill. I dont see a need for all this. Its immature to say all this (u mad?) stuff. Especially from teams that are not in the playoffs and just hate a team for being good after 10 years of being crappy. Let it go...

mikealike305
02-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Nets fans like the rest of the league are mad cause we got Melo. So they need to rub it in our faces that they got dwill. I dont see a need for all this. Its immature to say all this (u mad?) stuff. Especially from teams that are not in the playoffs and just hate a team for being good after 10 years of being crappy. Let it go...

lmao ohh the irony.... replace Nets with knicks, melo with lebron and this is similar to what HEAT fans were saying, life is funny

lvlheaded
02-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Why does it matter which trade everyone considers better? Why cant we all just be happy that we got Melo and Billups and are in a very good position moving forward?

Who gives a **** about the Nets? They are 17-40! They are irrelevant to the Knicks so lets stop talking about what moves they make and enjoy our team.

maddBat
02-25-2011, 01:04 PM
mannn haters gonna hatee. i really think most net fans have been classy.

yanks08
02-25-2011, 01:28 PM
as a knicks fan i was going salivating at the thought of having williams but after rumblings from utah that he was a main reason sloan retired and than got shipped................he scares me.

now i hopw CP3 is healthy and we can sign him in the future.

calibird707
02-25-2011, 01:33 PM
The nets r irrelevant ..they gave up less to get d-will...congrats!!!!!..now good luck convincing him to stay ...ill take billups and memo and the playoffs over a great point gaurd and what might happen IF..anyway ...the nets r garbage and will continue to be garbage...peace

H.E.R.
02-25-2011, 01:46 PM
now i hopw CP3 is healthy and we can sign him in the future.

Once again, here's a post that everyone seems to look over...

Knicks will pay ~$40 million/year to Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudamire alone soon enough when Carmelo's max extension is worked out and signed. Take cap holds into account ($490,000 for EACH empty roster spot under 12 players), leaving around $14 million in first year salary while not including extending Fields. That means if Howard or Paul want to come to the Knicks, they would leave nearly $30 million in total contract money if they decide not to sign with another team. To fill out the roster, they could only give out vet minimums with the type of money spent on three players. Let's also remember that the Heat's 3 didn't take max deals and consulted with each other on their contracts to play together and sign other role players.

This is also under the current CBA. The new one might include a lower and hard salary cap.

The same would go for Deron Williams if he considers the Knicks an option.

Bornknick73
02-25-2011, 01:53 PM
because some are still angry they didnt get their way and they were reminded of their inferiority, so they still look for reason for justification.

We traded the farm for a 4 year player and they traded their best assets minus 2 first round picks (Favors, Harris and two 1sts) for a 100 game rental player. Now if they have any hope of adding Howard they will have to stay away from most of the expensive guys this summer which arent of the caliber to make DWill stay there. The biggest guy this summer is Tyson. Gasol as a RFA.

So i doubt they can bring in anyone this summer who will convince DWill. And by the time 2012 comes around he will be a FA.

While I like the balls it took to do the trade it wasnt a very smart one if you look at the long term.

There is no one who will sway him this summer and you dont have the assets now to grab anyone bigtime. So they will be big players in 2012. Hope that they can land a power duo. But Howard has his eye on LA and both Dwill and CP3 have their eyes on the Knicks.

I doubt DWill watches the cross river rival make the playoff for the next 2 years while he sits at home. The addition of DWill makes them a 35 win team. 38 if he plays MVP basketball next year.

There isnt anyone this year who is big enough to convice him to stay there and the big guys who can convince him come out in 2012, so I dont see how it happens. But maybe they can sign enough small pieces to make a 45 win team, there are some good small pieces this summer. I would trade Brook and sign Tyson to start.

I see the lakers trading Gasol/Odom and anyone else for Howard and then grabbing DWill in FA for one more Kobe run. Orlando if they dont win it this year will trade him next year just like Utah did with Deron to avoid the madness.

John Walls Era
02-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Why does it matter which trade everyone considers better? Why cant we all just be happy that we got Melo and Billups and are in a very good position moving forward?

Who gives a **** about the Nets? They are 17-40! They are irrelevant to the Knicks so lets stop talking about what moves they make and enjoy our team.

Apparently most Knicks fans.

BigCityofDreams
02-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Why not compare it? Net's were after Melo the whole year but ended up with D-Will out of no where. It makes sense that they would compare 2 great players got moved in the same week.

No one cares about you giving anyone respect!:clap: Knicks haven't been relevant for years!!! and they go out and buy their team. Not impressed with the Knicks either!

And yet there are still more relevant than the Nets will ever be.

Bornknick73
02-25-2011, 02:01 PM
And i love how everyone assumes the Knicks cant do anything and they point out hardcaps and the Knick salary in 2012 but...

When is anyone gonna mention lower salaries? A 15 million max today could be a 12 million max tomorrow and whos to say a max player wont take 10 million?

I do believe some players have made this an option in chasing a title, who says Paul or Dwill wont do the same. Take less to play in NY to form the Big Apple 3 or go to Brooklyn for max money and take a few years to build a title contender?

Stop the Knick hate please. Lower caps mean lower salaries and possibly even salary rollbacks.

So if your gonna talk CBAs talk about all the points brought up not just the ones you choose to bolster your weak arguments.

Hard cap+Lower cap= Lower salaries.

Lower salaries might = rollbacks on current contracts. If you take into account these other facotrs and possibilities you will see the Knicks will be just fine in 2012.

Donnie Walsh already has it figured out, he has already stated no matter what happens in the new CBA the Knicks will be major players in 2012. And last time I checked hes a professional GM not a sports forum blogger.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-25-2011, 02:03 PM

i say it again.....

williams > melo

nets are smarter than the knicks coz they gave up less and got an arguably top 3 PG .....

/ all such threads

Knicks got a top 3 SF... so wts your point? and a Extention... DWill isn't gonna sign an ext in NJ,,,

Bornknick73
02-25-2011, 02:03 PM
And I agree...stop the Knicks Nets nonsense already. Its over. We got who we wanted and they got DWill. End of story.

BigCityofDreams
02-25-2011, 02:05 PM
This guy is pissed that the Nets stole the Knicks thunder.

They stole some of their air time but not their thunder. After the Press Conference how much are ppl going to talk about a team that's 17-40.

teddygreen17
02-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Yup Nets are so smart.....DWILL aint staying there. Did you see his face during the press conference...it was like he got traded to CLE.

BklynKnicks3
02-25-2011, 02:09 PM
first of all Melo is top 5 easy. Dwill is top 8. Not even a debate, the only question is Dwill might have been better fit for amare thats about it. I woudlnt trade Melo for any player in NBA call me crazy. He has got Lecon is a coward

DoMeFavors
02-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Should this be a thread?
The only reason you are making this is because you are jealous, had you not been you wouldnt have made this thread.

Bornknick73
02-25-2011, 02:11 PM
This is ridiculous. Basically, the Nets had a massive stockpile of trade assets that would have expired after the draft this summer. In a league that's driven by superstars, you roll the dice that you can convince D-Will to stay. It's easy for fans of teams that players WANT to play for to b**** about the trade without an extension. After striking out in free agency and Melo, the Nets did the only thing they could do to acquire a top ten player and for very little.

Now this is the statement which I dont understand.

For Melo and 4 years it was Favors, Harris and four 1sts.

For DWIll and 1 1/2 years it was Favors, Harris and 2 firsts.

They pulled 2 firsts off the table yet everyone says they paid way less.

It was the same for melo for 4 years minus 2 fewer firsts, I dont get it.

Why is 2 fewer firsts considered to be soooo much less.

Again I see this as a knock on NY. We paid soooo much and we are stupid and got robbed but yet they gave almost the same package for 2 1/2 less years and no commitment past next summer.

NY bias at its finest. Dont worry Nets fans when you get to Brooklyn you'll finally understand what im talking about. The blind hate on you because of where youre from will sink in then.

Klivlend
02-25-2011, 02:11 PM
There seriously needs to be a minimum post requirement to start threads, this is terrible. It would stop the spamming, too!

deuce
02-25-2011, 02:12 PM

I didn't read whole this thing but espn said D Will isn't eligible for an extension until July

H.E.R.
02-25-2011, 02:14 PM
And i love how everyone assumes the Knicks cant do anything and they point out hardcaps and the Knick salary in 2012 but...

When is anyone gonna mention lower salaries? A 15 million max today could be a 12 million max tomorrow and whos to say a max player wont take 10 million?

I do believe some players have made this an option in chasing a title, who says Paul or Dwill wont do the same. Take less to play in NY to form the Big Apple 3 or go to Brooklyn for max money and take a few years to build a title contender?

Stop the Knick hate please. Lower caps mean lower salaries and possibly even salary rollbacks.

So if your gonna talk CBAs talk about all the points brought up not just the ones you choose to bolster your weak arguments.

Lower salaries might = rollbacks on current contracts. If you take into account these other facotrs and possibilities you will see the Knicks will be just fine in 2012.

Donnie Walsh already has it figured out, he has already stated no matter what happens in the new CBA the Knicks will be major players in 2012. And last time I checked hes a professional GM not a sports forum blogger.

So if you think Paul will sign for $10 million (which I don't think he will even in the new CBA), you would have ~$50 million invested in three players? Take cap holds into account ($490,000 x 9), that's another $4,410,000. So in total that would be ~$54.4 million. Just to give you an idea, this year's salary cap is just over $58 million. You would literally have to fill out the rest of the roster with player's who would take the veteran's minimum.

DoMeFavors
02-25-2011, 02:14 PM
And to the person saying Nets wont make the playoffs next year....
They have 20 million in cap space and can sign a bunch of good players like David West, Zbo, Jamal Crawford, Richardson.
Melo and Amare = 40 million
Bosh Wade Lebron = 45 million
good luck with the new cba convincing CP3 to take 10 million a year.

When we get Dwight Howard next year we will run NYC

DoMeFavors
02-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Nets were bad for 2 1/2 years and got a superstar...Knicks were bad for 10 years.

Dr Cyanide 28
02-25-2011, 02:17 PM

troll troll troll troll troll

Bornknick73
02-25-2011, 02:17 PM
They have 20 million in cap space and can sign a bunch of good players like David West, Zbo, Jamal Crawford, Richardson.

dude when are you gonna give it up? You swore up and down you were getting melo now youre gonna humiliate yourself again by speaking about Howard.

You are BY FAR the most delusional poster Ive ever had the displeasure of reading.

HAHAHAHA and David West and Zbo are gonna mke him stay there? Youre even worse than I thought. The man wants to win the title not get knocked out in the first round for the next 5 years.

NYKSpiritBomb
02-25-2011, 02:19 PM

2x's everybody can sit the **** down. knicks are back mofcukas

Bornknick73
02-25-2011, 02:19 PM
And to the OP you need to learn how things work here and as a Knicks fan I dont appreciate this thread at all. Post this in the Knicks forums and stop stirring the pot and humiliating yourself, your team and your players.

The NBA forums arent for threads like this.

DoMeFavors
02-25-2011, 02:22 PM
dude when are you gonna give it up? You swore up and down you were getting melo now youre gonna humiliate yourself again by speaking about Howard.

You are BY FAR the most delusional poster Ive ever had the displeasure of reading.

HAHAHAHA and David West and Zbo are gonna mke him stay there? Youre even worse than I thought. The man wants to win the title not get knocked out in the first round for the next 5 years.

Deron and Dwight have talked about joining forces and having the best Center with the best Point Guard is a championship team.
Your acting like Melo was a free agent, the nets are 17-40 and Knicks have a better record..im sure that might be a reason he went to the Knicks.
As a Knick fan you can only hope Deron goes to the Knicks.
Its going to be fun watching our PG rip you guys every time.

BigCityofDreams
02-25-2011, 02:22 PM

This X a million. There has been so much talk about the Knicks putting themselves in a bad situation because Melo and Amare take up most of the money on the cap. You explained this very well. If the owners are dead set on lowering salaries isn't that going to benefit the knicks not restrict them. I think ppl believe this is a repeat of what has happened the past decade but they don't realize Donnie is running the show.

Bornknick73
02-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Deron and Dwight have talked about joining forces and having the best Center with the best Point Guard is a championship team.
Your acting like Melo was a free agent, the nets are 17-40 and Knicks have a better record..im sure that might be a reason he went to the Knicks.
As a Knick fan you can only hope Deron goes to the Knicks.
Its going to be fun watching our PG rip you guys every time.

yeah in LA.

Klivlend
02-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Nets were bad for 2 1/2 years and got a superstar...Knicks were bad for 10 years.

Both franchises have only been to 2 Finals each. Just take it easy guys.

DoMeFavors
02-25-2011, 02:27 PM
yeah in LA.

Now that he is here he said he is going to get players to come here, he said with him here he can get players to come here.
Have fun with Amare and Melo and no defense while we have Dwight and Deron.

BigCityofDreams
02-25-2011, 02:28 PM
first of all Melo is top 5 easy. Dwill is top 8. Not even a debate, the only question is Dwill might have been better fit for amare thats about it. I woudlnt trade Melo for any player in NBA call me crazy. He has got Lecon is a coward

Melo is not top 5 you can make a case he's top ten and there are players you would trade for him.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-25-2011, 02:29 PM

Lolzzz

BigBlueCrew
02-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Now that he is here he said he is going to get players to come here, he said with him here he can get players to come here.

You always say that

Gritz
02-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Fans that were so used to losing don't know how to act when they acquire a marquee player lol

BigCityofDreams
02-25-2011, 02:31 PM
So if you think Paul will sign for $10 million (which I don't think he will even in the new CBA), you would have ~$50 million invested in three players? Take cap holds into account ($490,000 x 9), that's another $4,410,000. So in total that would be ~$54.4 million. Just to give you an idea, this year's salary cap is just over $58 million. You would literally have to fill out the rest of the roster with player's who would take the veteran's minimum.

Ian O' Connor has stated with more than once that Paul would take less to play with Melo and Amare.

BigBlueCrew
02-25-2011, 02:32 PM

love the sig, sucker!

mttwlsn16
02-25-2011, 02:33 PM
nets traded 2 greatplayers and picks for a year and a half of d will lol

DoMeFavors
Knicks have the 3rd best sf in the league and Nets have the best Pg in the league.
Im so happy Knicks got Melo without them we wouldnt be on our way to Dwight and Deron.

BigCityofDreams
yeah in LA.

This.

I hope ppl don't think the Lakers are just going to sit back and not make a play for one of these guys...hell they might make a play for both of them.

BigCityofDreams
02-25-2011, 02:35 PM

He also said he's going to see how things play out over the next yr and a half. Make no mistake about it if he can't convince guys to come then he's gone.

J-Relo
02-25-2011, 02:36 PM
nets traded 2 greatplayers and picks for a year and a half of d will lol

are you sure about that?

no risk no gain

WrongIslander
02-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Never put a price on what a home town boy can do, especially if that man is Melo.

D-Will for me is the second best PG in the league behind CP3 BUT for the Knicks he would have been a better fit and I'm not counting out the possibility he still might be one day in the not too distant future. CP3 ironically would have been the better fit for the Nets as he can carry a team, more so than D-Will.

The Nets mortgaged part of their future on the idea that D-Will MIGHT sign an extension IF they can get the pieces in place.

Another thing to never underestimate is the affect losing can have over a player that didn't want to be at a franchise in the first place. Sure he's saying all the right things and I'm sure he'll be doing all the right things as well but we'll only know when he comes to sign whether it's talk or not.

Maybe he just wanted to acclimatise to NY early. :P

As for the better deal? Melo AND Billups > D-Will.

DoMeFavors
02-25-2011, 02:39 PM
so happy about Deron I say Eastern Conference champions 2012!

Dr Cyanide 28
02-25-2011, 02:40 PM
both teams got good players... melo is a great pure scorer and dwill is one of if not the best pgs in the game... knicks are better right now and got the guy they wanted. nets snuck in and got a guy nobody knew was even available. Both gave up quite a bit, but in a star driven league, some would say you have to (i dont necessarily agree with that but thats a different debate). if this is the nets only move, i dont see them retaining dwill. however, if i was a player, an awesome owner like prokov and a move to a supposedly great stadium in the largest market is very appealing. my biggest fear would be turning into the 'other' team in new york. Also, as a player, I would love to play with a great pg as apposed to a great scorer because, obviously, a great pg is going to make my job easier and make me look good. Both teams are going in the right direction and will likely be threats in the east sooner than later, knicks are just a bit further along, but if the nets can get a guy like... idk... dwight howard? than give me the nets. filling out the most important two positions with the best two players in the league. That is a big if tho...

NewY0rk Knicks
02-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Lol!!! nets fans are just pathetic!!! they're comparing d will to the melo trade cause by obtaining a premier point guard like D will the nets ensure that they will never be 11-71 again!!! Lol i mean c'mon now they had to get someone descent considering they will be going to Barclays arena in 2012! They couldn't have brought that same toilet squad to Brooklyn!

BigCityofDreams
so happy about Deron I say Eastern Conference champions 2012!

:facepalm:

Even if you get D Howard that's not going to happen.

D-Will4Prez
Denver traded their entire team for Felton, Chandler, Gallo(inconsistent), and Mosgov(2nd stringer), a mid-round 1st, and some 2nds...Jazz traded D-Will for an all-star PG, and a top 3 pick in this year's draft.

Utah made a better trade than Denver did by far. New Jersey gave up an all-star PG, a top 3 pick, and 2 potential lottery draft picks. New Jersey gave up a lot more than New York for a better player.

sixer04fan
02-25-2011, 02:43 PM
This is obviously a bait thread started by a Knicks fan... If he asks a question like this he already has the answer in his head, thus, no need for the thread. He's just trying to show up Nets fans...

H.E.R.
02-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Ian O' Connor has stated with more than once that Paul would take less to play with Melo and Amare.

Ian O'Connor also said LeBron would stay in Cleveland and if he didn't, would go to the Knicks.

DoMeFavors
02-25-2011, 02:47 PM
I am getting another vision of Deron and Dwight in June of 2012 with paper falling from the sky and a trophy.

D-Will4Prez
02-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Knicks have the 3rd best sf in the league and Nets have the best Pg in the league.
Im so happy Knicks got Melo without them we wouldnt be on our way to Dwight and Deron.

x2

I'm not going to say the Nets got a better deal than NY did but you guys definitely got more.

Nets are gonna have to be my 2nd fave team now.

WrongIslander
02-25-2011, 02:50 PM
I am getting another vision of Deron and Dwight in June of 2012 with paper falling from the sky and a trophy.

Well given your Melo vision I'm glad to know that Deron will be in NY in 2012.

DoMeFavors
02-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Well given your Melo vision I'm glad to know that Deron will be in NY in 2012.

so funny you want one of the Net players..cause I dont want anyone on the Knicks. :)

BigBlueCrew
02-25-2011, 02:55 PM
so funny you want one of the Net players..cause I dont want anyone on the Knicks. :)

Of course you do, just look at my sig. There is only one problem, no-one is coming there willingly

DoMeFavors
02-25-2011, 02:57 PM
I did want Carmelo but after finding out that we got someone better..I am only in heaven.

Lake_Show2416
02-25-2011, 03:04 PM
everyone is actually comparing the trades to each other

the only 2 stars moved are gonna be compared to each other, especially when the Nets ended saving a lot of pieces compared to what they n were gonna give for Melo

also a way lower price tag than what the Knicks ended up giving

n the both r in the same area so ya they r gonna b compared

BigCityofDreams
02-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Ian O'Connor also said LeBron would stay in Cleveland and if he didn't, would go to the Knicks.

That was an opinion from Ian. The Paul info is something he was told.

Robbw241
02-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Why do Knicks fans feel the need to make a thread about the Nets and how much they suck every 20 minutes?

H.E.R.
02-25-2011, 03:10 PM
That was an opinion from Ian. The Paul info is something he was told.

He went on ESPNNews on before The Decision and said he was staying in Cleveland and before that, he had him pegged going to the Knicks.

BigCityofDreams
02-25-2011, 03:11 PM
I still stand by what I said.

Young and Stupid
02-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Why do Knicks fans feel the need to make a thread about the Nets and how much they suck every 20 minutes?

It's weird. I've always contended that Nets fans have an inferiority complex with the Knicks. They seem to obsess over what the Knicks are doing and how they're doing it when it's completely unnecessary.

But I'm noticing recently (all of my friends are Knicks fans) that it's reciprocal. Knicks fans worry about the Nets just as much as Nets fans worry about the Knicks, they just have a different method for doing so.

It would be more fun if Knicks fans had brains, then there could be some logical discussion and coherent debate, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe they'll develop it when one of Amare's knees blows out, we'll see.

Edit: As you see below, Knicks fans' method of dealing with it is acting as if they're above the Nets. No one cares about the Nets, we'll see.

BigBlueCrew
02-25-2011, 03:18 PM
It's weird. I've always contended that Nets fans have an inferiority complex with the Knicks. They seem to obsess over what the Knicks are doing and how they're doing it when it's completely unnecessary.

But I'm noticing recently (all of my friends are Knicks fans) that it's reciprocal. Knicks fans worry about the Nets just as much as Nets fans worry about the Knicks, they just have a different method for doing so.

It would be more fun if Knicks fans had brains, then there could be some logical discussion and coherent debate, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe they'll develop it when one of Amare's knees blows out, we'll see.

Those must be your friends. No Knicks fans I know care about the Nets existence.

DoMeFavors
02-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Those must be your friends. No Knicks fans I know care about the Nets existence.

The Deron Williams to nets thread had a ton of Knick fans crying. Most of the thread of Knick fans trying to make themselves feel better.

BigBlueCrew
02-25-2011, 03:26 PM
The Deron Williams to nets thread had a ton of Knick fans crying. Most of the thread of Knick fans trying to make themselves feel better.

Don't lie dude. I read that thread as well. there was no such thing.

DoMeFavors
02-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Don't lie dude. I read that thread as well. there was no such thing.

Also 1050 espn...all those callers getting really realy angry on the line when they thought Melo would be a Net.

mikealike305
02-25-2011, 03:29 PM
to answer the question, it doesnt matter, neither team will do anythng in the playoffs anyway

Double_R
02-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Do Me Favors you are blowing it guy, just stop talking. I don't like the Knicks or the Nets, but seriously you were literally nutting yourself when you thought you had Melo, so stop acting like you wouldn't take him. That being said, Deron is a way better pickup for the price and a better player anyway and Melo is a chucker but he has signed an extension something that Dwill probably won't do unless serious changes happen.

DoMeFavors
02-25-2011, 03:35 PM
double r...ofcourse I would rather have a Carmelo on my team then an Adam Morrison.
But id rather have a Deron Williams then a Carmelo.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-25-2011, 03:39 PM
hahaha i never hated the knicks or even most knicks fans but dam some knick fans are just plain ********..AHHAHAHA.

i just read that donnie walsh is kicking himself for not going after dwill lmao. plus after all that melo **** i dident even want him anymore i just wanted the nets to play basketball man.

and like you said when we get d12 then we get your respect.. ok well we dont know if we will get him..same way we dont know if we will keep dwill but it was a risk..and a very nice one i would say.

so knick fans need to stop being cry babys..be happy you got the guy you wanted gave up mosr then half your team but still got him.. now go bout ur bizness.

D-Leethal
02-25-2011, 03:43 PM

i say it again.....

williams > melo

/ all such threads

The Nets gave up way more than the Knicks and got a guy who has a great chance of not resigning and has already said he won't consider an extension before next summer.....

Not one team in the league would trade a high lottery pick for Gallo or Chandler or Mozgov......we didn't give up one lotto pick, the 2014 pick will most likely be in the high 20s......we can buy those every year

Nets gave up the #3 pick last year, in all likelihood a top 5 pick this year, and in all likelihood a top 10 pick last year, plus a former all star PG for a guy without an extension or any sidekick to keep him happy and want to stay........Nets have to get to work and get DWill a team if they want him to resign and until they do that it is an extremely risky deal that might blow up in their faces big time

D-Leethal
02-25-2011, 03:46 PM
double r...ofcourse I would rather have a Carmelo on my team then an Adam Morrison.
But id rather have a Deron Williams then a Carmelo.

Would you rather have Carmelo locked up on a deal and happy to be in town..... or Deron Williams who publicly admitted he was pissed getting traded to a 17-40 basketball team and won't stay unless there is a dramatic turnaround next season that at this point in time does not look like it will happen?

I agree that DWill is probably a better for the Knicks but Utah obviously wanted lottery picks which we couldn't trade them anyway.......Nets gave up more than the Knicks did for a guy who can walk after next season and they might have to endure some Melodrama of their own all year next year if they don't get him some help.......

DoMeFavors
02-25-2011, 03:46 PM
The Nets gave up way more than the Knicks and got a guy who has a great chance of not resigning and has already said he won't consider an extension before next summer.....

Not one team in the league would trade a high lottery pick for Gallo or Chandler or Mozgov......we didn't give up one lotto pick, the 2014 pick will most likely be in the high 20s......we can buy those every year

Nets gave up the #3 pick last year, in all likelihood a top 5 pick this year, and in all likelihood a top 10 pick last year, plus a former all star PG for a guy without an extension or any sidekick to keep him happy and want to stay........Nets have to get to work and get DWill a team if they want him to resign and until they do that it is an extremely risky deal that might blow up in their faces big time

Nets arent even a top 5 worst team so its not a top 5 pick.
If Melo was really so high on Knicks why didnt donnie just offer Eddy Curry and Chandler?
O yeah because they got out smarted. Knicks gm Donnie Walsh looked like a rookie.

D-Leethal
02-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Can someone please explain how Gallo, Chandler, Mozgov and a 2014 first rounder is giving up more than Devin Harris, last years #3 pick, this years top 5 pick, next year top 10 pick?

1978JETS
02-25-2011, 03:48 PM

i say it again.....

williams > melo

/ all such threads

What I dont get is how the Nets gave up less? Before the trades everybody said the Knicks didnt have any good players but Amare. Now the 3 ex-Knicks are Better then the #3 pick in last years draft, A high lotto pick this year, Solid point guard and yet another 1st.

D-Leethal
02-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Nets arent even a top 5 worst team so its not a top 5 pick.
If Melo was really so high on Knicks why didnt donnie just offer Eddy Curry and Chandler?
O yeah because they got out smarted. Knicks gm Donnie Walsh looked like a rookie.

Because Melo wanted his extension as much as he wanted to be in NY.....he told Donnie himself he wasn't willing to test FA.......if the Knicks lowballed DEN and didn't give into demands he would have signed the extension with them or another team and at that point DEN would have 29 options to trade him to.......

Taken from a Bill Simmons article:

Here's the problem: the Nuggets knew that (A) Carmelo was never signing an extension in New Jersey, and (B) Carmelo wanted a $65 million extension as much as he wanted to play for the Knicks. Their savviest play was to keep him past the deadline and play the odds: something like a 90 percent chance that Carmelo would have grabbed the $65 million and a 10 percent chance that he would have been stupidly stubborn enough to say, "I'm out of here, I don't care if it costs me $20 million, I'm gone." Few NBA players would ever do that, and no self-respecting agent would ever allow that. It just wouldn't happen. Their move would be to sign the extension, play hard for the rest of the season, then push for a trade that summer. At that point, Denver could have had 29 teams bidding for him instead of one. Everyone wins.

DEN had other options and given the circumstances they weren't going to be like 'Ok lets let Melo go wherever he wants after publicly embarassing our franchise and let the Knicks give up whatever spare parts they are willing to throw our way'

lvlheaded
02-25-2011, 03:53 PM
I love that DoMeFavors, who came on the Knicks forum and said he was gonna change his name to DoMeMelo once Melo came to Jersey and the Nets became kings of NY is on here talking about how he never wanted Melo...priceless.

That said, both teams got great players, so why not stop comparing the 2 teams? Its a pointless comparison

BigCityofDreams
02-25-2011, 03:59 PM
What I dont get is how the Nets gave up less? Before the trades everybody said the Knicks didnt have any good players but Amare. Now the 3 ex-Knicks are Better then the #3 pick in last years draft, A high lotto pick this year, Solid point guard and yet another 1st.

They have to come up with something to justify their argument. The media and haters are funny. When the season started the Knicks had assets that weren't desirable but they traded those assets for a top player in the league and the players they gave away are now what hall of famers.

Dr Cyanide 28
02-25-2011, 04:08 PM
to answer the question, it doesnt matter, neither team will do anythng in the playoffs anyway

not this year.. but down the road i would have to disagree with you

Dr Cyanide 28
02-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Can someone please explain how Gallo, Chandler, Mozgov and a 2014 first rounder is giving up more than Devin Harris, last years #3 pick, this years top 5 pick, next year top 10 pick?

can i borrow your crystal ball sometime?

CowboysKB24
02-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Get a life.

Dr Cyanide 28
02-25-2011, 04:17 PM
knicks bulls and heat fans are the most homeristic on this forum lol it might just be because we have a lot of newer posters posting. this is coming from a bulls fan btw :) Nobody thinks melo is a bad player guys and nets fans are excited to get a player of deron's caliber. anyone would be. We don't know how the trades will work out, have to wait a bit to see how they pan out. it really depends on if the lack of depth the knicks have will effect them and if deron will resign, but for now i say good trades all around!

Dr Cyanide 28
02-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Get a life.

who are you talking to? lol

CowboysKB24
02-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Nets are still far being competitors.

Melo is better than Deron Williams.

Why do you think NYK and Nets were willing to give up their entire teams and the Nets were even willing to give up their entire future just to have him? He is a rare player. Deron is a great player, but when your best player is your point guard you very rarely win championships. Check history.

Dr Cyanide 28
02-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Nets are still far being competitors.

Melo is better than Deron Williams.

Why do you think NYK and Nets were willing to give up their entire teams and the Nets were even willing to give up their entire future just to have him? He is a rare player. Deron is a great player, but when your best player is your point guard you very rarely win championships. Check history.

this is true. i would argue that both teams are still not championship caliber teams, but you cant deny that both teams made a step in the right direction. knicks are farther along as of now though due to amare and of course billups

Bornknick73
02-25-2011, 04:29 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Like you got Melo? Dude your a jinx, you swore you were gonna get Melo and you were counting the titles you swore you were gonna get, now youre swearing your gonna get dwight, youre worse then we were with Lebron.

At least we swore we were gonna get Melo and we did.

Dude you make all Nets fans look stupid, no wonder they wont accept responsibility for you. To NETs fans on this forum you dont exist and I can see why.

JoeDirt05
02-25-2011, 04:37 PM
the stupid knicks fans that keep starting all these threads need to realize that melo isnt God... unless he learns how to play defense then teaches everyone else how to play defense it doesnt matter how many superstars you got because you cant win if teams are averaging at least a 100 against you every night

BigBlueCrew
02-25-2011, 04:42 PM
the stupid knicks fans that keep starting all these threads need to realize that melo isnt God... unless he learns how to play defense then teaches everyone else how to play defense it doesnt matter how many superstars you got because you cant win if teams are averaging at least a 100 against you every night

What if the knicks are averaging 106 a night?

D-Leethal
02-25-2011, 04:45 PM

You haven't heard? Not adjusting for pace and using points against instead of FG% is how you judge team defense, dummy. :facepalm:

utahjazzno12fan
02-25-2011, 04:45 PM
The Knicks already locked up Carmelo for the next 3 years. What if Deron Williams leaves New Jersey/Brooklyn? Now what? They gave up a couple of lottery picks, Derrick Favors (who knows what he could become), and a good replacement for Williams in Devin Haris (not saying that he is as good as Williams, but about as good as a replacement you can get. The Knicks traded away all replaceable players, yeah sure I like alot of the players they traded, but they can be replaced. If CP3 decides to go to New York, Theres no way the Nets got the better deal even if Deron Williams does stay.

The Nets got a superstar PG in a league that has few. CP3, Rose, Rondo, and Nash are the others. SF is a lot deeper in the NBA. DWill is the most valuable of the two. It has nothing to do with CP3 going to NY in the future. Carmelo would not be as much of an impact on winning games this year as DWill. Sure NY is better. Would NY have been a better team getting Melo, or would they have been a better team getting DWill. That is the question, and I say they would have been better getting DWill.

JoeDirt05
02-25-2011, 04:47 PM

thats going to be pretty hard when it takes melo 25 shots to get 27 pts

BigBlueCrew
02-25-2011, 04:51 PM
thats going to be pretty hard when it takes melo 25 shots to get 27 pts

That's pretty funny since they still scored 114 points on a Melo "off" night.

gaughan333
02-25-2011, 06:56 PM
people like the op should not be allowed to post. I feel bad for knick's fans, no one wants someone like this representing their fan base.

JoeDirt05
02-25-2011, 07:00 PM
That's pretty funny since they still scored 114 points on a Melo "off" night.

they played the bucks who are 8-25 on the road and they only won by six WOw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! enough said

DoMeFavors
02-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Deron will be just like
Magic Johnson and Isiah Thomas.

WrongIslander
02-25-2011, 07:04 PM
they played the bucks who are 8-25 on the road and they only won by six WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! enough said

I'm going to enjoy coming back to this post time and time again, that and the Melo jibe above.

JoeDirt05
02-25-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm going to enjoy coming back to this post time and time again, that and the Melo jibe above.

so are you one of the Melo is God followers?

WrongIslander
02-25-2011, 07:28 PM
so are you one of the Melo is God followers?

No I'm one of the Melo is PROVEN followers.

Remember kids Melo is overrated and LeBron is untouchable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD6eqP_y9kw

JoeDirt05
02-25-2011, 07:39 PM
i hate them both the only player from that class that i like is D-Wade

WrongIslander
02-25-2011, 07:45 PM
i hate them both the only player from that class that i like is D-Wade

Who cares if you hate them? The point is you are making out like Melo isn't a quality player, one of the best in the game in fact when he quite clearly is.

I hate LeBron, he's still the most complete player in basketball. I don't confuse this with him being invincible or that when drawn into one on ones he can't come off worse, especially against a pure scorer like Melo.

BigBlueCrew
02-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Who cares if you hate them? The point is you are making out like Melo isn't a quality player, one of the best in the game in fact when he quite clearly is.

I hate LeBron, he's still the most complete player in basketball. I don't confuse this with him being invincible or that when drawn into one on ones he can't come off worse, especially against a pure scorer like Melo.

:clap:

Chill_Will_24
02-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Also 1050 espn...all those callers getting really realy angry on the line when they thought Melo would be a Net.

This is the reason lil *** kids shouldnt be allowed near their parents computer...

Dude stop it!!! WTF man!? You make ALL Nets fans look sooooooo bad. With the way your predictions have been turning out I want to personally ask you to stop predicting on Dwight cuz then my Nets will NEVER get him. Your posts are turning into plain comedy now. Ppl don't take you seriously...

Personally I ONLY wanted Melo cuz he was the only superstar to be had and the Nets needed one. I will admit when Melo to the Knicks became official I was depressed. Suddenly a few hours later I came across a forum and the guys were talking about getting their #8 Williams jerseys and I was like WHAT!? We got Terrence back??? Lmao boy you can't imagine what I felt when I heard the name Deron... In all things worked out for the best in the Nets favor. DWill >>>>>>>> Melo and if you disagree idk what to tell you. Melo might be more exciting but DWill is the better player. In fact now im soo happy we didnt get Melo. After watching their last victory along with the Nuggets' victory over the Cs, I realized this will soon blow up in the Knicks faces. Amare looked lost out there. They don't have ANY depth or bench and they lost sooooooo much for a guy that is so inefficient...

Netslunatic76
02-25-2011, 08:12 PM
It seems like Knicks fans are the ones being annoying about getting Melo and hating on the fact that the Nets got Deron Williams. I've seen dozens of knick fans' posting on PSD about how it doesn't matter that the Nets got Deron Williams because he won't re-sign. That sounds like someone who is sour and/or a hater. If Knick fans truly believed the Nets are irrelevant/inferior comparatively, then you guys wouldn't spend so much time talking about them.

Every day for the last two weeks that I've checked the NBA forum there have been at least two new threads started by a Knick fan. Examples are several postings about the Nets not having a chance of landing Melo and calling Mikhail Prokhorov stupid. Lets not even talk about the ones going out of their way to hate on the Nets in the Nets forum.

Getting Deron Williams is huge for the Nets. Yes we are happy and excited to finally have a big time player again, but the team is obviously far from championship caliber. No reminder is needed. Remain focused on your teams attempt to make it back to the playoffs(which being New Yorker I am happy to see) this year and grow up.

BTW, DoMeFavors . . . :facepalm:

JasonJohnHorn
02-25-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm not a Nets fan, and while I have a strong suspsion that D-Will may not be playing in NJ after free agency is up next season, the Nets now have a hugley tradable asset in D-Will and could draw draft picks and young talent to move D-Will. And yes, they didnt have to give up much. NY gutted their roster, so yeah, NJ got more for less.

Of course, NJ could jsut call up NY next season convince Dolan to give up their expiring contract, first round picks and three starters for D-Will, right? I mean... you think they could get that for him? ;-)

Netslunatic76
02-25-2011, 08:18 PM
In fact now im soo happy we didnt get Melo. After watching their last victory along with the Nuggets' victory over the Cs, I realized this will soon blow up in the Knicks faces. Amare looked lost out there. They don't have ANY depth or bench and they lost sooooooo much for a guy that is so inefficient...

Well it was only the first game. They'll need time to mesh. But I agree with the fact that most Nets fans only wanted Melo so bad because we were desperate for a superstar. I mean when you trade away Kidd, RJ, and VC in hopes of landing Lebron and you don't, its not hard to believe fans would become impatient.

Netslunatic76
02-25-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm not a Nets fan, and while I have a strong suspsion that D-Will may not be playing in NJ after free agency is up next season, the Nets now have a hugley tradable asset in D-Will and could draw draft picks and young talent to move D-Will. And yes, they didnt have to give up much. NY gutted their roster, so yeah, NJ got more for less.

Of course, NJ could jsut call up NY next season convince Dolan to give up their expiring contract, first round picks and three starters for D-Will, right? I mean... you think they could get that for him? ;-)

That seems to be something a lot of people are forgetting. If before next years trade deadline D-Will is still not wanting to re-sign and the Nets don't think he will, thry can trade him the same way Denver just traded Melo.

JasonJohnHorn
02-25-2011, 08:21 PM
No I'm one of the Melo is PROVEN followers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD6eqP_y9kw

Proved that he can score big on a team that gets kicked out of the first round 6 out of 7 years?

Ask D-Will about his playoff record, and he'll be glad to tell you about he knocked off Melo last season. How he how he's been out of the first round THREE times, and how he LEAD his team to the conference finals in his sophomore season. Not helped them, LEAD them.

Proven? That IS D-Will
Proven scorer on a team that is first round fodder? Yeah, Melo gets that award. One playoff run that was pushed by Billups and their front court. That does not make Melo proven.

Did i mention how D-Will and the Jazz knock of MELO AND THE NUGGEST LAST YEAR!!!!!!! HELLO!!!!!

Seriously. CLOSE THIS THREAD!! Its over!

smood999
02-25-2011, 08:23 PM
thing i dont get is its not just melo its melo and billups mello and billups>dwills...if u look at it both teams gave up just as much for what they got...we got 2 players for what we gave up they got 1

Chill_Will_24
02-25-2011, 08:43 PM
thing i dont get is its not just melo its melo and billups mello and billups>dwills...if u look at it both teams gave up just as much for what they got...we got 2 players for what we gave up they got 1

I agree with that... Ppl keep forgetting Billups. He's a true leader and will help the Knicks a lot. However he wont be what Felton was for the Knicks. Billups is up there in age and idk how he'll handle those heavy minutes. They need a backup PG bad!!!

JasonJohnHorn
02-25-2011, 08:50 PM
I agree with that... Ppl keep forgetting Billups. He's a true leader and will help the Knicks a lot. However he wont be what Felton was for the Knicks. Billups is up there in age and idk how he'll handle those heavy minutes. They need a backup PG bad!!!

Billups is a great player, but at this point in his career he is not at the level of D-Will, though his impact on the teams he's played for, like Detroit and Denver, is far above what his personal stats woudl suggest. But lets be real, the Knicks only took Billups because they had to, and they wanted an expiring contract that would finish up at the same time D-Will's and CP3's contract were up. If they dont move him in the offseason, they may very well by him out if he's not traded by the 2012 deadline. He is here to finish out the season, and that is about it. NY took him, because Denver made them, not because they have faith in his ability to lead. They think they are getting that from Melo (and they are wrong).

CowboysKB24
02-28-2011, 03:13 AM
Billups is a great player, but at this point in his career he is not at the level of D-Will, though his impact on the teams he's played for, like Detroit and Denver, is far above what his personal stats woudl suggest. But lets be real, the Knicks only took Billups because they had to, and they wanted an expiring contract that would finish up at the same time D-Will's and CP3's contract were up. If they dont move him in the offseason, they may very well by him out if he's not traded by the 2012 deadline. He is here to finish out the season, and that is about it. NY took him, because Denver made them, not because they have faith in his ability to lead. They think they are getting that from Melo (and they are wrong).

That is true, they would have rather had Felton. Billups is great for them, imagine if they didn't get him? Since they had to trade Felton to Melo, they were happy to take Billups. They have faith in his ability. He is a great 3 point shooter and a veteran point guard with championship experience. He isn't a long term solution, but he is great for now.

Melo isn't a great leader. There really aren't many of them. I see Spurs, Lakers and Celtics as the only teams with supreme leadership. They all have great coaches which also helps a lot. I don't like Mike D at all, he is too one sided for me and I don't like his personality. The combo of Melo and Amar'e is a great start and of course Billups. I think the Knicks are better than people think. They have a great shot at beating everyone in the East except for the Heat and Celtics IMO. It is hard to judge considering they haven't played much together, but I wouldn't be shocked if they beat Chicago, Magic, ATL, etc.