PDA

View Full Version : The celtics trade is actually a smart move

j-bay
02-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Although they lost perkins they have O'Neal and he is doing ok they replaced robinson with a younger Jeff Green and that 1st round pick my convince Rivers to stay because who is in the draft..............Austin Rivers!

Hoopsadvocate
02-24-2011, 08:24 PM
cool story doesnt need a thread u could have just posted in the thread as like 20 people have already said the same thing.

Chitownhero14
02-24-2011, 08:25 PM
I dont think it was a terrible move as long as they pick up the right guys, go after Ford and Murphy when they're bought out.

Then when everyone on their team retires in 2 years, Rondo, Green, Davis are the new faces of the franchise along with whatever else they may pick up.

unwantedplayer
02-24-2011, 08:26 PM
:laugh:

superkegger
02-24-2011, 08:26 PM
They're in win now mode though, and giving up pieces that help you win now, isn't smart. Shaq has spotty health, and JO hasn't been healthy all year, nor is he any good anymore. Leaving them with Kristic to play C. And he sucks on D, which is what the C's are all about.

Green is a decent player, but where does he fit? His defense isn't very good either, and he shoots too many 3's. He doesn't rebound well, and the C's don't really need a backup PF, since they already have one.

FLMeth06
02-24-2011, 08:27 PM
lmfao.

210Don
02-24-2011, 08:28 PM
no way its a good trade....

black1605
02-24-2011, 08:29 PM
What pick? Austin Rivers is going to be a top five pick when he comes out, so I hope it's a good one.

kswissdaf
02-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Dam Boston fans..... losing faith too quickly, Perkins is great but you can still win

unwantedplayer
02-24-2011, 08:36 PM
What pick? Austin Rivers is going to be a top five pick when he comes out, so I hope it's a good one.

C's have the Clippers 2012 1st round pick (top 10 protected)

Fnom11
02-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Austin is still in highschool....

Swashcuff
02-24-2011, 08:37 PM
I am beginning to wonder if there's under the table workings of another potential "Big 3" in Boston come 2012. Catch my drift?

Jermaine O'Neal and Shaquille O'Neal have one year left on their contracts after this one. Wink Wink!!!

Canterbury
02-24-2011, 08:38 PM
I was absolutely shocked when I heard this deal. :(

NYMetros
02-24-2011, 08:39 PM
It was a pretty bad trade for Boston. Perkins is one of the best defensive centers in the game.

j-bay
02-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Austin is still in highschool....

No he is commited to duke and is playing collegeball next season
http://www.nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

Flash3
02-24-2011, 08:43 PM
rivers is gonna be a very high lottery pick celtics cannot pick him ip.

j-bay
02-24-2011, 08:48 PM
rivers is gonna be a very high lottery pick celtics cannot pick him ip.

notice how the heat fans are a little nervous espically if garnett rondo pierce and allen can still play and add rivers and that would be scary

knickerbockerny
02-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Horrible trade, without Nate and Perkins they would have never made it to the finals. Having a player with Nate's skill off the bench is a luxury. He is literally capable of getting 10pts in 3 minutes.

Swashcuff
02-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Horrible trade, without Nate and Perkins they would have never made it to the finals. Having a player with Nate's skill off the bench is a luxury. He is literally capable of getting 10pts in 3 minutes.

That's a bit of a stretch. Perk understandable. Nate :confused:

fadedmario
02-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Good trade.

Lim
02-24-2011, 09:05 PM
at first i thought it was awful but the more i think about it i think it wasn't that bad. perkins gives them toughness and very good d but he looks like he lost a lot from that knee surgery. also perkins was not gonna re-sign with boston so they got some assets for him instead of letting him walk

MG3
02-24-2011, 09:06 PM
notice how the heat fans are a little nervous espically if garnett rondo pierce and allen can still play and add rivers and that would be scary

THE KID IS IN HIGH SCHOOL!!! lol you make him sound like he's the next great thing when in reality a lot of things could happen. Boston will not have austin rivers and who knows if he'll even be that good in the nba. :facepalm:

hugepatsfan
02-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Nate sucks. I promise you that once Delonte got healthy Nate was going to be sent to the bench permanently. People forget that before his little run vs LA last year he was out of the rotation for the whole playoffs. He just isn't a good fit w/ Doc and what he wants. Delonte West was going to be the backup PG no matter if Nate was here or not. Including him was just a throw in to clear him off the books bext year (saving his 4 mil salalry + luxury tax money). Nate was insignificant in this deal. Just a throw in, so people need to stop saying that BOS "lost" him. No, they gave him away.

ElMarroAfamado
Although they lost perkins they have O'Neal and he is doing ok they replaced robinson with a younger Jeff Green and that 1st round pick my convince Rivers to stay because who is in the draft..............Austin Rivers!

hmm no.

BKdoubleStacker
No he is commited to duke and is playing collegeball next season
http://www.nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

...then he is still in highschool

Hugbees

what the ****? you're making it sound like he himself was apart of the deal. do you still not get the fact you won't be getting austin rivers? lolol no ones is nervous about your deals, let alone the heat(no i'm not a fan of them). :facepalm:

ElMarroAfamado
02-24-2011, 09:09 PM
poor Celtics fans they are nervous because of the stupid move by Ainge look on the bright side The heat suck so you dont have to really worry about them

j-bay
02-24-2011, 09:10 PM
what the ****? you're making it sound like he himself was apart of the deal. do you still not get the fact you won't be getting austin rivers? lolol no ones is nervous about your deals, let alone the heat(no i'm not a fan of them). :facepalm:

As most NBA fans say the Lottery is rigged

Anilyzer
02-24-2011, 09:13 PM
the more I think about it... it does seem like the Celtics committed Hari-Kiri for some unknown reason.

Maybe Shaq was getting bitey in the locker room and wanted to know that he'd get all the minutes or something.

Wow, they had so much depth and C/PF. I mean they still got Garnett and Glenn Davis... but with Perkins in the mix it was scary.

They can't foul the crap out of the Lakers with 3 guys now and get away with it.

LoL I guess that Lakers game in Boston really DID cause a trade!

Swashcuff
02-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Why is this thread even entertaining the thought of Rivers becoming a Celtic, instead why don't you guys focus on something that is actually logical and more likely.

RCarlson85
02-24-2011, 09:21 PM
How is it a smart move to trade your starting center and your 4th center and only get one big man in return. Sure they got Green too, but he's not a center. Now they have both old-*** injured O'Neals and Kristic. That's a pretty crappy group of centers and this is coming from a Heat fan. I would rather have who the Heat have than that group. lol

drobe86
02-24-2011, 09:24 PM
How is it a smart move to trade your starting center and your 4th center and only get one big man in return. Sure they got Green too, but he's not a center. Now they have both old-*** injured O'Neals and Kristic. That's a pretty crappy group of centers and this is coming from a Heat fan. I would rather have who the Heat have than that group. lol

Cut it out... Dampier and Joel Anthony aren't even legit NBA Centers. You're getting really ahead of yourself.

NickyNick
02-24-2011, 09:28 PM

you realize jeff green was in the trade right?? hes way better than nate off the bench, and would start for most teams. Hes the perfect th man like crawford in ATL

RCarlson85
02-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Cut it out... Dampier and Joel Anthony aren't even legit NBA Centers. You're getting really ahead of yourself.

They have Big Z too. How legit are the two O'Neals that can't even stay on the court. A lot of good they're doing. Get real.

Sixerlover
02-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Thinking a top 10 protected pick is going to get you Austin Rivers is not cool. Not cool at all.

shep33
02-24-2011, 09:36 PM
as of right now, bad move. If they sign Murphy and Ford, it's a little better, but I mean Murphy is still a PF. He is nowhere near as good defensively as Perkins. Shaq picks up fouls way too quickly, I haven't seen JO in months... I just don't understand it.

shep33
02-24-2011, 09:37 PM
you realize jeff green was in the trade right?? hes way better than nate off the bench, and would start for most teams. Hes the perfect th man like crawford in ATL

But come playoffs he's still gonna be a small forward right? I say that because I'm still guessing Pierce is gonna get 35+ mins a game in the postseason. He can play 4 but that means you go small and cut Big Baby's minutes.

koreancabbage
02-24-2011, 09:38 PM

you're kidding right? Perkins was the lone legit low post player they needed (and had) Jeff Green is perimeter based and a crummy rebounder (for being a 4)

you can't compare Green to Crawford. Crawford can go off for 30 in a heartbeat off of the bench while Green will probably now average 12points and 6 rebounds.
They lost their advantage- which is size. jeff green is undersized...

BKdoubleStacker
02-24-2011, 09:40 PM
This definitely hurts the celtics...

You lose probably your best rebounder and low post defender, on a already bad rebounding team

Still, I think they can make it to the finals, although it will be a lot harder.

VinceCarter
02-24-2011, 09:45 PM
I agree Perkins isn't somebody I'd want on my team. Also I really like Jeff Green, I think he'll be a great player.

Flash3
02-24-2011, 09:46 PM

im not nervous .... rivers will be a top 5 pick and that pick you guys received is top ten protected simple logic :facepalm:

Arch Stanton
02-24-2011, 09:56 PM
I don't get this trade for the Celtics. I felt like Perkins was the one player that could get them past Miami and LAL. I'm not so sure now?

magichatnumber9
02-24-2011, 09:59 PM
This becoming an Austin Rivers thread made my temples pulse

Legitimate
02-24-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm frustrated with this trade, I am a celtic's. Their team is built on defense and rondo and perkins imo are the main contributors , so they trade away perkins (sigh). So in a couple years when the big three either retire or ride the bench, their identity will be lost forever..

EaglePride615
02-24-2011, 10:01 PM
boston fans face it. horrible move. jeff green is a wanna be undersized kg. yall now have no young big. shaq and joneal? if youre a real celtic fan you will remember last years playoff series against the heat and how he played horrible!

shep33
The Celts deal as of now is bad... but if they can sign a guy maybe like Pryzbilla it wouldn't be as bad. Murphy is solid, but he's still a pf that isn't known for his defense.

Pryzbilla has only played 31 games though this year, and struggled severely with injuries. So we'll see what happens. I wanted to think Camby was gonna get bought out, but Portland now had 0 bigs, so he probably won't.

tc2deuce
Dwight to the C's in the near future?!

unwantedplayer
02-24-2011, 10:05 PM
boston fans face it. horrible move. jeff green is a wanna be undersized kg. yall now have no young big. shaq and joneal? if youre a real celtic fan you will remember last years playoff series against the heat and how he played horrible!

Nothing you have just said is somewhat relevant.

Lakerhead4ever
02-24-2011, 10:08 PM
JO hasnt been the same since he left indiana. lets be honest. plus hes fat, and always injured. along with shaq. can they hold up in the playoffs? or will the wheels be off by the finals? not a smart move sorry

KOBE24
02-24-2011, 10:10 PM

hahahaha that made my day.... there is no way you guys get him as the pick is protected... by making this move the celtics are trying to prepare more for the heat and spurs.... cant wait for the lakers beat u guys and doc crys about not having perkins again

Lakerhead4ever
02-24-2011, 10:10 PM

Doubt it.

who said you couldnt dream tho?

NickyNick
02-24-2011, 10:16 PM
you're kidding right? Perkins was the lone legit low post player they needed (and had) Jeff Green is perimeter based and a crummy rebounder (for being a 4)

you can't compare Green to Crawford. Crawford can go off for 30 in a heartbeat off of the bench while Green will probably now average 12points and 6 rebounds.
They lost their advantage- which is size. jeff green is undersized...

haha your kidding right??? green averages more points and wayyy more rebounds than crawford, i think i can go ahead and compare the 2 now thanks

hyb152
02-24-2011, 10:21 PM
YES! I've been saying this is a good trade. Look, the celtics can afford to give up Perkins because they have Shaq, Jermaine, Glen Davis, and now Kristic. Those are 4 solid big men that play physical. They may not be as good as Perkins, but Boston really needed a long swigman/forward hybrid to come off their bench.

Look at their bench before the trade. Delonte West has been hurt. Wafer is on and off. Marques Daniels was unproductive and got traded. They really needed Green and they had one too many big men. You have to give up something to get something. Perkins was a fan favorite, but they needed Green bad. I'd rather have Shaq, Jermaine, Davis, and Kristic, 4 solid big men along with Green who can come off the bench as a hybrid forward and put up 15 pts, rather than have 4 solid big men without that bench guy.

Good trade for the celtics. This is all of course if those guys can stay healthy... but Perkins himself has a bad knee too... Hopefully they can stay healthy. If they can, it's a good move by Boston. Sometimes it's more than just comparing the players in the trade. You have to look at other factors.

unwantedplayer
02-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Doubt it.

who said you couldnt dream tho?

Long shot, but you never know. ESPN has some articles how these trades are setting up for Howard in 12'.

Swashcuff
02-24-2011, 10:28 PM

DING! DING! DING! we have a winner.

There is indeed speculation that this could be the ploy here. Celts setting themselves up for another "big 3"

pedrofan45
02-24-2011, 10:32 PM
DING! DING! DING! we have a winner.

There is indeed speculation that this could be the ploy here. Celts setting themselves up for another "big 3"

Rondo-Rivers-Howard????

haha only in our dreams

bagwell368
02-24-2011, 10:35 PM
hahahaha that made my day.... there is no way you guys get him as the pick is protected... by making this move the celtics are trying to prepare more for the heat and spurs.... cant wait for the lakers beat u guys and doc crys about not having perkins again

Take a look at the fouls in game 7. Home town bag job.

hyb152
02-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Take a look at the fouls in game 7. Home town bag job.

x2. I'm not a celtics fan, but you're acting like lakers getting favorable calls is something new lol. There's a track record of favorable laker calls in playoff games that decide the games. But hey, most of us know the NBA is rigged anyways.

Swashcuff
02-24-2011, 10:45 PM
Rondo-Rivers-Howard????

haha only in our dreams

Wasn't Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce also in your dreams? After all the CRAP Ainge did prior to acquiring them. Same can be said for Knicks and Heat fans. The way the NBA is these days a lot of dreams are coming true while others are being dashed.

Bornknick73
02-24-2011, 10:55 PM
No Perk? This is a strange move indeed. Shaq is hobbling, JO is a bum, the erdin kid looked pretty good. But why would they trade their bigman depth?

Dwight Howard is gonna destroy them now, Perk was the only one who could've held Howard down.

And if they make it to the Finals, whos gonna guard Bynum and Gasol? Or Duncan and Blair? Unless you have 2 KGs its gonna be tough. Sheed is a dinosaur, and Murphy is rusty.

I think Miami's chances just got a hell of a lot better.

zambo4president
02-24-2011, 10:55 PM
:laugh2: jbay

69centers
02-24-2011, 10:56 PM

How is it smart to judge the trade when the C's still have 3 open roster spots to work with now. It wasn't just the Perkins/Green deal. We also gave up Daniels, Erden, and Harangody and got nothing back, so we have 3 free spots.

:clap::laugh:
The one team we can afford to lose Perk against it's Miami. We needed him more vs teams like Orlando, LA, and Chicago, but some are saying we feel the two teams in our way for the title this year are SA and MIA, where the bigs aren't as important.

-Pierce has said Dwight would look good in green
-Doc said he wanted to put his 4 guys out on the floor with a 5th candidate for an "audition" - hmmm, guess who was still out on the floor when the 4 C's got into the all star game
-Doc also sat with Howard and chatted, after Doc said he felt Howard needed a friend since he had not other teammates at the ASG.

All these little hints and letting Perk go now lead up to Howard in green in 2012. :cool:

NBA-GMaster
02-24-2011, 10:57 PM
By trading Erden, Harangody and Daniels for cash and 2nd pick.. I think Hamilton(if bought out) will sign with the celtics plus Powe(will be bought out) and Murphy or Sheed

KOBE24
02-24-2011, 10:58 PM
ya i bet all those rebounds the lakers front line got were because of the refs too... maybe because the lakers had more shots attempted is the reason they had more free throws... hmmmm never thought of that

Dodgers99
02-24-2011, 11:11 PM
im not nervous .... rivers will be a top 5 pick and that pick you guys received is top ten protected simple logic :facepalm:

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

llpp16
02-24-2011, 11:43 PM
We can supply series of Sport Jersey.

welcome come to our website:====http://madejerseys.org/====

everybody!sorry bother your time a min,we are serious and professional jersey supplier,we

can offer NFL,NHL,MLB,NBA jerser,the NFL jersey 18usd each,the NHL jersey 38USD each.MLB

jersey 18usd each,NAB jersey 18usd each.we have many jerseys of other players, so please

contact us for more information if you are interested in .

1) More pictures available on our website ====http://madejerseys.org/====
2) Many colors available .
3) Perfect quality, small order accepted .
4) 100% safe door to door delivery, within 5 - 7 days air express for small orders .

5) We have lots of jerseys in stock

6) Letters and number are sewn on jerseys body,100% embroidery

7) Size: .48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 60

8) Delivery by UPS, DHL, EMS door to door

9) Delivery in 5 - 7 days

NFL,NBA,MLB all are 18usd!!!!

The jerseys in stock may be updated everyday !
come on,join us!
====http://madejerseys.org/====

Read more:

Savage Sunday
02-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Austin Rivers wont be a Top 5 Pick. Some of you guys are delusional. His game does not project as well as you think to the NBA.

Squad13
02-24-2011, 11:53 PM
-Doc said he wanted to put his 4 guys out on the floor with a 5th candidate for an "audition" - hmmm, guess who was still out on the floor when the 4 C's got into the all star game
-Doc also sat with Howard and chatted, after Doc said he felt Howard needed a friend since he had not other teammates at the ASG.

All these little hints and letting Perk go now lead up to Howard in green in 2012. :cool:

:eyebrow: Way to grasp at straws. That's a huge stretch to try and put that together :laugh:

Squad13
02-24-2011, 11:54 PM
Jbay you should become the Boston Celtics beat writer. You are clearly a visionary and have a better grasp on the nba than most.

bom tenson
02-25-2011, 12:09 AM
no no its not. the celts just gave away their only advantage on the heat... size.

Ripper Gein
02-25-2011, 12:30 AM
How is it smart to judge the trade when the C's still have 3 open roster spots to work with now. It wasn't just the Perkins/Green deal. We also gave up Daniels, Erden, and Harangody and got nothing back, so we have 3 free spots.

:clap::laugh:
The one team we can afford to lose Perk against it's Miami. We needed him more vs teams like Orlando, LA, and Chicago, but some are saying we feel the two teams in our way for the title this year are SA and MIA, where the bigs aren't as important.

Come on man seriously!?! Lakers>celts No way DHoward goes to the c's over the Greatest Franchise in NBA history:rolleyes:

stlbest5in2013
02-25-2011, 12:55 AM

if austin rivers is the real deal, he wont be there for boston

stlbest5in2013
02-25-2011, 12:57 AM
Come on man seriously!?! Lakers>celts No way DHoward goes to the c's over the Greatest Franchise in NBA history:rolleyes:

uh no way boston is getting dwight howard lets get this straight now.

im with you on that

now most people consider boston the greatest franchise ever, only in hollywood do people consider the lakers better. they are very close, boston is better

hyb152
02-25-2011, 01:01 AM

i'm no celtics/heat fan, but the celtics are the greatest franchise in nba history. Besides, the celtics don't have a title with an asterisk next to it like the lakers do..... *cough* 2002 *cough*

I could care less about the celtics, kings, clippers, heat, etc. This is an unbiased perspective. Celtics franchise > lakers franchise. Lakers are 2nd best though, be proud.

Ripper Gein
02-25-2011, 01:05 AM

im with you on that

now most people consider boston the greatest franchise ever, only in hollywood do people consider the lakers better. they are very close, boston is better

i'm no celtics/heat fan, but the celtics are the greatest franchise in nba history. Besides, the celtics don't have a title with an asterisk next to it like the lakers do..... *cough* 2002 *cough*

I could care less about the celtics, kings, clippers, heat, etc. This is an unbiased perspective. Celtics franchise > lakers franchise. Lakers are 2nd best though, be proud.

You guys are right, of course the Greatest FRANCHISE goes 22 years between championships!! Once again DHoward will be with the GREATEST FRANCHISE IN NBA HISTORY IN 12' The Los Angeles Lakers:cool:

Ripper Gein
02-25-2011, 01:06 AM

im with you on that

And only people from beantown consider the c's the greatest franchise history.

Ripper Gein
02-25-2011, 01:11 AM

If true thats only cuz the NBA knows that the League is better when the GREATEST FRANCHISE IN NBA HISTORY Your LOS ANGELES LAKERS are the Reigning Champs.

Sportfan
02-25-2011, 01:18 AM
Have people seen Perkins post knee injury? He's clearly lost a step on defense.

lol at whoever said Green can't play defense