PDA

View Full Version : Trade Deadline Winners/Losers

Nikeman
02-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Just wanted to know which teams you thought truly improved and which made bad moves w/ a little explanation of why, because FRIENDLY debate is always nice.

Winners:

Nets- I think if they are able to retain Williams past 2012, they can become a damn good team in this league. While also getting Williams, they made the Knicks gut their entire team for Melo.

Portland- No explanation needed. Gerald Wallace is an all-star, and they gave up a back-up center and a pick.

OKC- Potentially added the last piece of the puzzle with Perkins. Cannot wait to see this team take over the West in the near future. Amazing management.

Nuggets- While they did lose Melo, they got a hell of a lot for him, which I think could give them a bright future if management plays their cards right. Gallo/Chandler= 15 ppg scorers, and Felton is having a career yr.

LOSERS:

Bobcats- Seriously MJ??

Boston- This one should spark some debate. Boston fans argue Perkins may not have been retained past this yr, but Boston has a tight window. They gave up a ton of depth at Center by also trading that Erdin kid. Nate Robinson was also playing great basketball.

bholly
02-24-2011, 07:52 PM
I find it really weird how often people add 'in this league' to their assessments. Have those words every added anything meaningful to a sentence?

maddBat
02-24-2011, 07:53 PM
already a thread 4 this

AlexTmz2
02-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Winners - Nets, Portland, OKC, and Knicks.

Losers - BOSTON!!!

Cornbread12
02-24-2011, 08:08 PM
It's rumored the Celtics are going to add Troy Murphy, TJ Ford, and Sheed with their 3 new open roster spots...I can't post the links to the twitter sources because I'm at work and Twitter is blocked. Read it on my phone though...*shrugs*

If they do, I don't think they lost at the deadline one bit. Maybe there's a method to the madness

Chitownhero14
02-24-2011, 08:11 PM
I'd say Celtics could become a winner if they get Troy Murphy and TJ Ford, sheed isnt coming back.

JB0B0
02-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Losers - the Bulls. We had a glaring weakness and failed to address it.

fadedmario
02-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Losers - Pistons

Sadds The Gr8
02-24-2011, 08:51 PM
Losers - Pistons

yea i can't believe Rip and Prince are still there...

nyKnicks126
02-24-2011, 10:05 PM
Funny how the Heattsss fan doesn't include the Knicks..

I think for the winners it has to be the Thunder, Blazers, and Knicks..

Losers are... Celtics.. and I think the Nets will regret it, DWill might sign elsewhere in 2012.. maybe even LA..

bchissie
02-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Perkins isn't even that good

The Jokemaker
02-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Grizz were a winner.

Legitimate
02-24-2011, 10:30 PM
Losers- Toronto Raptors, never really traded their crappy players imo half their roster, it's a sad day :(

Chi StateOfMind
02-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Bulls-blowgans is still our STARTING shooting guard

gotoHcarolina52
02-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Boston is a big loser:

Trusted source w/in BOS org tells me Doc Rivers did not consent to the Perk trade and is not happy at all. Wait n see how it affects team.

http://twitter.com/Salpingo_Sports/status/40958709769183232

FlashMacker
02-24-2011, 10:44 PM
yea i can't believe Rip and Prince are still there...

He could've got traded to Cleveland and they would've bought him out. He could've signed with the Celtics. Now he will sit on the bench in Detroit some more.

FlashMacker
02-24-2011, 10:45 PM
I think Phoenix is a winner getting Brooks. Steve Nash is getting old and now they have a younger PG for the future with Aaron Brooks.

SB75
02-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Winners-
Hawks- Got better at pg offensively and defensively. Not the sexy move, just a good one.
Knicks- While I'm not as high as some on this move ( although I do like it), Mike said it best, " It's not to many times you can get a mid 20" Superstar heading itno his prime".
Thunder- I don't think many realize what he will mean to this teams defense and toughness.
Jazz- Yes the Jazz. They got a really good pg and a Young stud and picks for a great pg that wasn't going to resign.

Up in the air
Nets- If D Will resigns they are winners, if he doesn't theay are loosers.

Looser
Celtics- I like Jeff, I really think he has a lot of game and wasn't going to flourish with K.D.. This is a great move for the future, that said they are trying to win it all this year. Perk was one heck of a defensive center, they will miss him. If they happen to sign some bought out defensive big they move to the winners side.

Bobcats- Jordan repeating his mistakes that he made in Wash.

Nuggets- They got back good players, but they could have gotten so much more if they traded him over the summer instead of letting Melo dictate.

Wiz- Could have gotten more for Kirk if they where willing to take on salary.

SB75
02-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Boston is a big loser:

http://twitter.com/Salpingo_Sports/status/40958709769183232

Come on coach the Hawks Doc.

Nikeman
02-24-2011, 10:56 PM

Losers are... Celtics.. and I think the Nets will regret it, DWill might sign elsewhere in 2012.. maybe even LA..

I do not think the Knicks won by ANY stretch...

Why? You gutted your team for somebody you could have gotten in Free Agency.

I think a reasonable Knicks fan would admit the Knicks are not going to win this season, and if you add him in FA you have a hell of a team for next season, and you can use those pieces to get your third star.

FlashMacker
02-24-2011, 10:59 PM

I think a reasonable Knicks fan would admit the Knicks are not going to win this season, and if you add him in FA you have a hell of a team for next season, and you can use those pieces to get your third star.

From the reports he wasn't gonna leave all that money on the table and if he was still in DEN he would've signed and took the money. He might not have made it to FA

bom tenson
02-24-2011, 11:04 PM
From the reports he wasn't gonna leave all that money on the table and if he was still in DEN he would've signed and took the money. He might not have made it to FA

cldnt agree more, great move by ny.

bom tenson
02-24-2011, 11:06 PM
losers? gotta be bobcats. they traded away their only star and seat-filler and now they really have to start from the ground up.

Killinmesoftly

Nets are Losers in their trade to one of the best PG in the NBA.. You gotta be a Knicks fan.. BTW great game of your new acquisition player..10 out of 25 ha! and how about STATS? great defensive game..:no:

nyKnicks126

Lol gutted the team?? Okay to end this argument maybe some will get it Felton was not for the future and billups is the better replacement for 2012 fa... Gallo can be replaced.. He would want cash in 2012 when he would be a rfa.. Wilson would have been cut for melo anyway.. Mozgov is replaceable... Gutted the team?? Lol he is a superstar.. Bulls up by 7 enjoy the game

mcgswfan
02-24-2011, 11:08 PM
Losers - Warriors. They didn't do **** and as a domino effect of this problem, management has now lost the complete confidence of the rabid fan base and unless something remarkable is done in the off season, I don't see our new regime regaining any of our trust, which is gonna hit them even harder in the pocket book. We've waited far far far too long for something to happen and nothing did. 35 years, now going on 36 years of rebuilding. The Warriors are the ultimate losers this year.

nyKnicks126
02-24-2011, 11:10 PM
Nets are Losers in their trade to one of the best PG in the NBA.. You gotta be a Knicks fan.. BTW great game of your new acquisition player..10 out of 25 ha! and how about STATS? great defensive game..:no:

What player would want to stay in that dump.. He will get his assists off the backboard to himself perhaps.. He will sign in la and the nets will sign Sean may and kwame brown and nets fans will jack off to it.. Tough huh?

Khalifa21
02-24-2011, 11:12 PM
I find it funny that people aren't saying the Knicks are winners...

We got a top 10, arguably top 7 player in the league, who is widely regarded as the best scorer in the world for a bunch role players.

Melo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gallo

Billups >>> Felton

Chandler wouldn't have been re-signed if we went for Melo in FA.

Mozgov hasn't proved one thing in the NBA...

How the Knicks can't be considered winners is beyond me.

We also picked up a very solid, defensively strong player in Corey Brewer as well.

mcgswfan
02-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Boy I can't wait to hear what kind of smoke Riley plans on blowing up our ***** this year to try and sugarcoat the fact that like usual our FO did absolutely nothing before the trade deadline when they needed to do something more then ever. His interview should be very interesting and piss me off to no end.

stag6004

So many people keep saying the Knicks gutted their team but it all actuality they did not. It seems that way on paper but if you follow the Knicks you see this trade for what it really is. Look at who the Knicks gave up:
Wilson Chandler- is going to be a restricted F.A. and prob. won't be able to re-sign him, especially if the CBA calls for a hard cap.

Gallinari- def. has begun to develop, but plays the same position as Melo. Not on the same level as Melo but a nice young player. To get somethign you have to give something, but again plays same spot as Melo so we improve at that position.

Mosgov- Nice to have a 7 footer around but he has not been a world beater by any stretch. He can develop into a servicable Center but he is no Patrick Ewing. He was a developmental project and he could be anything from an avg to above avg. C or nothing special at all. Knicks were looking for a C before the Melo trade so Mosgov obviously wasn't a big time producer. Not going to lose out on Melo over Mosgov.

Felton- Was having an awesome yr but he gets replaced by Billups in the short term. He is younger than Billups but has nowhere near the playoff experience that Big Shot has and Billups' contract runs out just when we are looking to upgrade to someone like CP3 or if the Nets don't satisfy D-Will, he could be an option. Can't complain about swapping Felton with Billups.

Randolf and Curry- Getting the same amount of minutes with the Knicks after the trade as before it, so no loss there.

Since Chandler would be gone after the season we basically lose Gallinari, Felton, Mosgov and a pick for Melo, Billups and Brewer.

BSplaya2121

To say that the knicks lost with the trade might not be accurate as well as saying they won.... its way to early to tell ... let the next few seasons go by and then say if they lost or won... it can be a huge win or big flop.

droalex
02-24-2011, 11:16 PM
Bulls are losers I guess we needed a SG. Can't say we tried

Offered:Brewer and 3 1st rounders for Mayo

Memphis declined :eyebrow:

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-24-2011, 11:16 PM
Just wanted to know which teams you thought truly improved and which made bad moves w/ a little explanation of why, because FRIENDLY debate is always nice.

Winners:

Nets- I think if they are able to retain Williams past 2012, they can become a damn good team in this league. While also getting Williams, they made the Knicks gut their entire team for Melo.

Portland- No explanation needed. Gerald Wallace is an all-star, and they gave up a back-up center and a pick.

OKC- Potentially added the last piece of the puzzle with Perkins. Cannot wait to see this team take over the West in the near future. Amazing management.

Nuggets- While they did lose Melo, they got a hell of a lot for him, which I think could give them a bright future if management plays their cards right. Gallo/Chandler= 15 ppg scorers, and Felton is having a career yr.

LOSERS:

Bobcats- Seriously MJ??

Boston- This one should spark some debate. Boston fans argue Perkins may not have been retained past this yr, but Boston has a tight window. They gave up a ton of depth at Center by also trading that Erdin kid. Nate Robinson was also playing great basketball.

Nate Robinson was never playing good basketball (except for game four last year in the finals) for the Celtics. He has never played great basketball ever.

mttwlsn16
02-24-2011, 11:21 PM
without reading any posts clippers totaly WON by unloading baron davis;s contract

phoenix_bladen
02-24-2011, 11:24 PM

because melo wanted the extension because of the CBA expiring at the end of the season which is why they pulled this trade if you even paid any attention to the news.

anyways no knicks on this list from the OP is a joke

DoMeFavors
02-24-2011, 11:25 PM
i agree with the op

NY-FLmagicknick
02-24-2011, 11:36 PM
Winners: Knicks...OKC...Blazers (got gerald wallace for pretty much nothing)... and all the contenders in the east with a thin front court (perkins trade).

Lossers: Hawks( prob will drop a couple of playoff spots as kirk gets use to the system and player).... Boston( traded a quality starting center and bench player for two bench players...

llpp16
02-24-2011, 11:42 PM
We can supply series of Sport Jersey.

welcome come to our website:====http://madejerseys.org/====

everybody!sorry bother your time a min,we are serious and professional jersey supplier,we

can offer NFL,NHL,MLB,NBA jerser,the NFL jersey 18usd each,the NHL jersey 38USD each.MLB

jersey 18usd each,NAB jersey 18usd each.we have many jerseys of other players, so please

contact us for more information if you are interested in .

1) More pictures available on our website ====http://madejerseys.org/====
2) Many colors available .
3) Perfect quality, small order accepted .
4) 100% safe door to door delivery, within 5 - 7 days air express for small orders .

5) We have lots of jerseys in stock

6) Letters and number are sewn on jerseys body,100% embroidery

7) Size: .48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 60

8) Delivery by UPS, DHL, EMS door to door

9) Delivery in 5 - 7 days

NFL,NBA,MLB all are 18usd!!!!

The jerseys in stock may be updated everyday !
come on,join us!
====http://madejerseys.org/====

Read more: