PDA

View Full Version : Which team got the best out of the trades.

dnewguy
02-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Which team got the most out of the trades?

Big names:

Melo to NY
Dwill to NJ
Perkins to Thunder
Green to Celtics
Brooks to Suns
Wallace to Blazers.

HT9Canada
02-24-2011, 06:05 PM
i said thunder because they got the one thing they needed. and i liked jeff green but he needed to be moved for that team to flourish. now they have some major size.

i liked a bunch of the moves but that one sticks out the most.

xabial
02-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Knicks.

STAT&MELO

The Curse is lifted

kyubi256
02-24-2011, 06:11 PM
My list would be

1. OKC Thunder = They just cemented themselves as an elite team after the move... They are there I believe. Just there.

2. Knicks = Overall the trade wasn't the "best" ever. But what it meant to the franchise was HUGE. It belongs here because it took us as a team that might make the playoffs, but will definitely lose in the first round... To now a team that will most likely make the playoffs and can give a very good series in any round. Most likely still a first round knock out, but at least they can do it competitively now.

3. Nets = DWill gave them credibility. And it was a "STEAL" IMO.

4. Portland = Helps them in their playoff run. But not a big difference maker at all.

And I honestly felt the Celtics got worst... Much worst..

Tqafg96
02-24-2011, 06:12 PM
nuggets, they're set. They got some picks, and some young talent and trade assets

JordansBulls
02-24-2011, 06:14 PM
the Knicks, they got the best player out of the group. If not them then Oklahoma City or the Clippers.

shep33
02-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Best:

-OKC is title contenders now IMO
-Knicks
-Nets
-Portland- G-Wallace is perfect for them, i think they make noise in the playoffs

Two teams that win which people won't say anything about:

-Miami and the Lakers... realistically Miami made no moves and a lot of people are now saying they've gotten closer in status to the Celtics. The Lakers did the right thing by not breaking up a team's core that has been to 3 straight finals. Quiet winners IMO.

Loser: well i think everyone thinks the Celtics, and i'm still wondering what is going on with that deal

Swashcuff
02-24-2011, 06:15 PM
nuggets, they're set. They got some picks, and some young talent and trade assets

really?

Set for what?

J-Relo
02-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Nets
Thunder
Knicks
Blazers
Suns
Celtics

Brooklyn Mets
02-24-2011, 06:32 PM
OKC and NYK

kArSoN RyDaH
02-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Thunder because they can now contend but nothing too serious.

I think they are still the Chicago/New York of the West...

Slimsim
02-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Winners
NY
NJ
Thunder
Jazz
Portland
Nuggets

Loser
Boston
Magics Only because D hoard is making it known that he's not Satisfied
Baron davis

HallofFameKidd
02-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Blazers

Baller1
02-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Okc!

Kashmir13579
02-24-2011, 07:01 PM
people will vote for OKC just in spite of the Knicks.

well, at least we know it wasn't NJ. D-Will aint stayin'... i think we all know that.

dnewguy
02-24-2011, 07:22 PM

well, at least we know it wasn't NJ. D-Will aint stayin'... i think we all know that.

I dont think that's the case, I think people voted for OKC simply because they made a trade that makes the most sense, they needed interior defense and toughness and that's what they got. The Knicks needed defense and got Melo.

goose15
02-24-2011, 07:31 PM
love what the Knicks & OKC did..

I think OKC has a chance to come out of the West now..

Chacarron
02-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Blazers gave up nothing for Wallace.

Lakerhead4ever
02-24-2011, 07:38 PM
if we are talkin about the present, THUNDER
the future? KNICKS

maddBat
02-24-2011, 07:47 PM
biggest winners-
thunder- finally got that big man(the missing piece) they NEED. hopefully hell stay healthy. if so will go far into the playoffs
nets- MOST random trade. but finally got the star we've been waiting 4. :D (and 2 the ppl saying they know dwill wont re sign.... stfu he hasnt even played 1 game)
knicks (even tho i hate em)- completed their 1-2 punch of offense. n now have 2 players in their prime

TheDiggler
02-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Crazy how Nobody Rates Utah Either winner or loser. They just get forgotten in every single thread ...

gsgs49
02-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Team with the best improvement:thunder,they got what they want a big body to protect the paint and don't forget the trade with the bobcats,they got a nice backup center for nothing.Their frontcourt became:Perkins,Ibaka,Collison,Mohammed,that's pretty good
Team with the best steal:blazers,they got a former allstar who averaged 18 and 10 last year for nothing,MJ is really the worst GM ever.

Sadds The Gr8
02-24-2011, 08:32 PM
aw lol....beat me to this thread. mine will prolly get merged with this

xbrackattackx
02-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Thunder did a huge trade in snagging Nazr, One of the most underrated centers. And they got Perkins and Lost no one, Jeff Green is better at SF and That is Durants postion.

I like what Boston did they moved a injury prone player for a future small forward and they traded 2 young centers for room for buy out players. If they get Troy Murphy and Prince/Rip it will be even better.

I like Ny and Denvers trade also....Helped them both out.

Portland just robbed CHarlotte.

superkegger
02-24-2011, 09:00 PM
I think Houston did really well for themselves, even if no one is talking about it.

kyubi256
02-24-2011, 09:02 PM
I dont think that's the case, I think people voted for OKC simply because they made a trade that makes the most sense, they needed interior defense and toughness and that's what they got. The Knicks needed defense and got Melo.

Unless the move was to fire D'Antoni. There was no way that the Knicks would improve their defense. D'Antoni's system makes it near impossible to play defense. Cause you are going for fast break points, and willing to sacrifice points if it means getting the ball back quickly and scoring.

The D'Antoni system forces the opposition to make open shots, it does not contest too many shots as it doesn't like to slow the pace down and foul players.

The Knicks got exactly what they needed from the team. They got a second superstar so in cases like yesterday where Amar'e is out with like 2 minutes left and we only have a 4 point lead... We have another star who can take over.

And it allows guys like Amar'e only play 34 minutes instead of his usually 40. He gets more rest which is good

NYKnickFanatic
02-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Honestly, I think the Thunder.

believeinNYK
02-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Ny! And then after OKC, but the deal IMO isn't a s bad for Boston as some make it out to be

sunsfan88
02-24-2011, 09:14 PM
OKC because they get a defensive minded center (something they wanted) AND Nate Robinson who can provide scoring off the bench.

Killinmesoftly
02-24-2011, 09:26 PM
The best trade regardless if they will make it the playoff of not. The Nets, They gave bronze for gold.

X12Celtics3
02-24-2011, 09:31 PM
I voted for the Thunder, they seem to have fantastic management, always making good roster moves.

Whoever voted for Boston... :eyebrow: :crazy: :confused:

koreancabbage
02-24-2011, 09:34 PM
thunder, they finally cashed in on their young'ns. It was a good move. I think it could've been either Westbrook or Green but the way Westbrook has been playing and the next great PG in the league, Green was the easiet target to move (not saying he's bad) but Perkins might just bring them to being one of the elite teams in the West

Melo does not make the Knicks an elite team in the East. they are a 3-5 seed at best right now. but next year, it could change

VinceCarter
02-24-2011, 09:35 PM

And the nonsense hate starts before the first page is complete :facepalm: