PDA

View Full Version : OKC just got really good...

shep33
02-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Man Perkins is exactly what this team needs, then adding Robinson only elevates that trade, although kinda don't know what they'll do with Maynor. How good did OKC just get guys? Better? the same? worse (no way)?

DITKA4GOV
02-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Perkins can't stay healthy, which is why the Celtics traded him away. If he stays healthy for the thunder, could be a great piece with adding a big man.

tredigs
02-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Literally the EXACT player I - and dudes like baller - have been saying OKC desparately needs. And for the two pieces I recommended in the trade. Thanks for finally listening, Presti!

Baller - Cheers buddy - OKC is now a contender.

shep33
02-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Perkins can't stay healthy, which is why the Celtics traded him away. If he stays healthy for the thunder, could be a great piece with adding a big man.

I understand that, but they also go Naz Mohammad, another big. Plus Nate Robinson.

They now have big guys to help out with rebounding which is their ultimate weakness.

marvILLous
2011 nba champions!!

SEATTLEredsox
The best part of this move is Serge Ibaka is going to start getting the minutes he deserves. Perkins and Ibaka inside looks real good.

daboywonder2002
02-24-2011, 05:01 PM
defensively yes. but i need to see is perkins a great defensive player or was he just part of a great defensive system the celtics had?? playing next to garnett def helps a great deal. i really do like a perk/ibaka frontcourt though. i also think the thunder felt that james harden can replace the scoring you lose with jeff green. if you ask me, your starting line up must be

1.westbrook
2. harden
3. durant
4. ibaka
5. perkins.

if you start thabo, it forces kd and westbrook to be your only scorers. you dont want that.

X12Celtics3
02-24-2011, 05:01 PM
I used to play NBA2K a lot, and last year I played as the Thunder and traded for Perk because I thought he would be the absolute perfect center for the team. Too bad I thought he was the perfect center for Boston, too :sigh:

Swashcuff
02-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Contenders now. GREAT GREAT deal for them.

PurpleJesus28
02-24-2011, 05:05 PM
big time move for the thunder. improved significantly in the one area they needed help in. Perkins does have a pretty significant injury history though. for what you get with him though i think its a risk well worth taking with him. is he a free agent this summer?

Bruno
02-24-2011, 05:31 PM
...I don't quite understand the move for OKC from a contractual point of view.

Perkins rejected a four year 30 million dollar extension from the Celtics earlier this season. He is an unrestricted FA next year. How does OKC know he'll resign with them and not walk?

Could you imagine Perkins in NY or Miami? Ouch.

HallofFameKidd
02-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Great pickups as far as size, rebounding and defense. However, I question their ability to score enough come playoff time. Harden, Serge and Nate must pickup the offensive load left behind by Green and Kristic. Overall, good trade for OKC.

TheWatcher34
02-24-2011, 06:05 PM
OKC also got Nazr Mohammed from Charlotte http://newsok.com/okc-thunder-trades-jeff-green-nenad-kristic-to-celtics/article/3543582?custom_click=headlines_widget
this team is scary now

Sixerlover
02-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Great pickups as far as size, rebounding and defense. However, I question their ability to score enough come playoff time. Harden, Serge and Nate must pickup the offensive load left behind by Green and Kristic. Overall, good trade for OKC.

Durant and Brook will pick up the scoring. And Ibaka is a talented scorer. Harden and Nate off the bench provides the scoring too. That isn't a problem

This was a hell of a deal for them. I fear Boston a lot less now.

redsox0717
02-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Why does everyone on PSD think Perk is so good? He is injury prone and even when he's healthy he's really not that good.

Confusious
02-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Hope this means the Thunder can make it to the finals.

SteBO
02-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Why does everyone on PSD think Perk is so good? He is injury prone and even when he's healthy he's really not that good.
You still traded big for small, which isn't great. You diminished your chances, but BOS is still the best team in the league when healthy, so it's not that big a deal.

UnWantedTheory
02-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Good trade for OKC if Perk stays healthy, but I don't think this puts them into true championship contention just yet. They are still really young. I am not sure they can win a 7 game series against the elite teams this year. Perhaps next year they can.

Swashcuff
02-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Good trade for OKC if Perk stays healthy, but I don't think this puts them into true championship contention just yet. They are still really young. I am not sure they can win a 7 game series against the elite teams this year. Perhaps next year they can.

They pushed the eventual champs to 7 games last season and now they have a much better team while some are of the view that the Lakers regressed. I can't understand that logic. :confused:

Slimsim
02-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Glad we don't have to see them anymore this year

Baller1
02-24-2011, 06:23 PM
:drool:

HallofFameKidd
02-24-2011, 06:27 PM
Durant and Brook will pick up the scoring. And Ibaka is a talented scorer. Harden and Nate off the bench provides the scoring too. That isn't a problem

This was a hell of a deal for them. I fear Boston a lot less now.

Outside of my favorite team (Dallas), I'm a big fan of OKC and POR, both making great trades today. However, as far as OKC goes, the combo of Durant and Westbrook put up 50-60+ points almost every night. How much more scoring do you expect from them? Harden, Ibaka and Nate are proven scorers and great role players, however, I question their scoring consistency. I don't doubt OKC is a much harder out in the playoffs this season and have solidified a spot amongst the NBA elites teams, but can they either score enough or offensively shut down other teams enough so that scoring doesn't matter?

JordansBulls
02-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Literally the EXACT player I - and dudes like baller - have been saying OKC desparately needs. And for the two pieces I recommended in the trade. Thanks for finally listening, Presti!

Baller - Cheers buddy - OKC is now a contender.

Yep, they may be playing the Spurs in round 2 while LA and Dallas meet up.

The BodyGuard
02-24-2011, 06:44 PM
:drool:

Perkins, Robinson joining Okc made mah day. :)

Im so excited to watch Okc vs. Lakers this Sunday :)
.....REVENGE

DoubleDragon
02-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Man Perkins is exactly what this team needs, then adding Robinson only elevates that trade, although kinda don't know what they'll do with Maynor. How good did OKC just get guys? Better? the same? worse (no way)?

Well the basketball gods are smiling on OKC with this move. Absolutely. Boston fans have GOT to be wondering the logic of sending their coveted defensive minded center (who has proven to be a pain in the butt for the/my Lakers) for a "just pretty decent" offensive player like Green (NOT defensive at all though). IMO, Perkins represents the ominous Defensive 5 that has been the Celts strength not only defensively, but CHEMISTRY-wise.

This is a head scratcher for sure.
OKC just plugged one of the few holes they had that prevented them from being a possible threat, to now being a definite threat in the West.
I'd hate to be in Boston today as all the rabid Celt's fans flood the Boston FO with shouts of "WHYYYYYYYYYY!"

(and lil' Nate was also one of those annoyingly effective pieces against (my) Lakers... In a year where the Celtics are legitimately the beast of the east going for a championship NOW, just makes no sense to send Perk packing.
:shrug: Obviously there was something going on behind the scenes. We don't know squat it appears:o

(but at least our possible meeting in the Finals just got a little less ominous);) unless OKC gets there first that is;)

WolvesJagsOs
02-24-2011, 06:55 PM

he helps so much on defense its not funny, everytime i watch a celtics game the ppl talking always say how much he helps C's on defense, not stats wise, but he helps in every other aspect.