PDA

View Full Version : Did Danny Ainge just weaken Boston's chances this year?

shep33
02-24-2011, 04:21 PM
**Changed the title, I shouldn't have said ruin for the best team in the league**

Thoughts... in all truth I'm shocked. They have an older team with a window that is closing, and from what I'm getting so far they've traded Nate as well for Green and Kristic. Green is solid, don't get me wrong, but he isn't even going to start.

Considering the Celts are relying on KG, Shaq, JO, and Big Baby... I mean 2 out of those guys don't even play most of the time with injury, KG now has a lot of pressure on him... Big Baby is solid, I like the guy's game, but what on earth was this deal about?

m26555
02-24-2011, 04:23 PM
No. Did he weaken their chances? Yes, but to say Boston has no shot now because they lost Perkins is just silly. They are still the best team in the league. I mean, Jeff Green is no bum.

shep33
02-24-2011, 04:25 PM
No. Did he weaken their chances? Yes, but to say Boston has no shot now because they lost Perkins is just silly. They are still the best team in the league. I mean, Jeff Green is no bum.

I agree I should've stated the question differently. My bad.

Sly Guy
02-24-2011, 04:25 PM
I don't like the deal [for the c's]. Their strength come playoff time was gonna be their frontline depth IMO, and they've weakened that position now. They aren't out of the running, but the didn't get any better.

_Supreme_
02-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Well he certainly didn't improve their chances.

Very odd trade indeed!

Hoopsadvocate
02-24-2011, 04:28 PM
They did fine this year w/o perk all Ainge did was just save their future. It all rides on the bigs staying healthy because if shaq/ kg get hurt then that interior defense is done.

Tony_Starks
02-24-2011, 04:29 PM
Danny Ainge officially screwed off Lakers vs Boston Part III: The Tiebreaker!!
Thanks a lot Danny! Dumbest trade I've seen in a while. I know OKC is happy. I know Dwight Howard is doing cartwheels right about now too.

Oh well guess we'll have to settle for Miami or ORL. Not as satisfying though......

Slimsim
They are still dangerous.

jetsfan28
Probably, but he strengthened them for the next 3 years after this.

m26555
Danny Ainge officially screwed off Lakers vs Boston Part III: The Tiebreaker!!
Thanks a lot Danny! Dumbest trade I've seen in a while. I know OKC is happy.

Oh well guess we'll have to settle for Miami. Not as satisfying though......
Boston will still beat Miami, Perkins or no Perkins. What they did was add another defender to pester LeBron.

Sadds The Gr8
02-24-2011, 04:30 PM
i don't think it's as bad as ppl think...Perkins is just a big body. They have like 90 big men to throw at D12 anyways.

Toxeryll
yup cuz apparently they traded fukin harangody too

shep33
They did fine this year w/o perk all Ainge did was just save their future. It all rides on the bigs staying healthy because if shaq/ kg get hurt then that interior defense is done.

but I mean that's the risk. They've got a team who was arguably already the favorite to win this year, then they dismantle 2 pretty decent pieces, Nate is also being traded so if Rondo gets any type of injury they're relying on who Avery Bradley? Kid has got huge upside, but I mean what on earth...

210Don
02-24-2011, 04:31 PM
wow cant beleive they would do this

johnnychan
without a doubt

m26555
i don't think it's as bad as ppl think...Perkins is just a big body. They have like 90 big men to throw at D12 anyways.
Yeah. I mean, it's not a great trade, but I think people are REALLY underestimating the impact Green could have on this team.

MrfadeawayJB
02-24-2011, 04:34 PM
No he did not ruin thier chances but maybe hurt them a little bit...(remember many beleive if the C's had Perkins during game 7 last year they would have won the Championship) not to mention Perkins was gone at the end of the season anyways and i dont know if the C's could pay him.

Vikes_Fan_TC
02-24-2011, 04:37 PM
I have no idea what Ainge is thinking. Did he somehow get replaced by Chris Wallace over night? Losing Perk is HUGE, not sure why this was such a priority to accomplish today.

The only positive I can think of is that the C's record is still tops in the east (but not for long) and Perk hasn't been able to contribute much to the success this year. As far as the remainder of the season goes, UGH is all I have to say.

E.O.21
02-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Yes. Before this trade Boston was clearly better than Miami. Now I have to say its 50 50. Its a bad trade but they can still get it done

shep33
02-24-2011, 04:38 PM
Yeah. I mean, it's not a great trade, but I think people are REALLY underestimating the impact Green could have on this team.

I agree that Green is a good player, no doubt. But he's gonna be a backup regardless right? So come playoffs are Pierce's minutes are gonna drop significantly or what? I know he can play 4, but as a Laker fan that's what teams with good bigs want, I saw last year how Gasol would rip him up whenever he was asked to guard him.

I think I understand Boston's view in that they were afraid Perkins wasn't gonna re-sign, but I mean you shouldn't trade a starter and proven playoff commodity, one of the only guys that can guard D12 one on one, for a backup SF. What I also don't understand is why trade Nate? Unless they are getting Maynor back (is this the case?) then who is their backup pg? West or Bradley? I think they downgrade there, i mean West is a solid player but he's been injured and we don't really know how well he's gonna fit. Nate was off an on yeah, but he provided a huge energy spark off the bench.

I'm just a little puzzled, but I think Boston will be right there for a title still.

210Don
02-24-2011, 04:40 PM
jeff green and davis???? they are the same player

Evolution23
02-24-2011, 06:09 PM
I dont think so because the celtics were playing at an elite level without perkins all season and now they lost some size but they got Green. I think they are still the favorites to win it all.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2011, 06:09 PM
yes, they hurt themselves here. They are now dependant on stopping Bosh, Dwight, and any other big with KG basically. Jermaine and Shaq are not going to be defensive juggernauts whatsoever, and Big Baby is not the answer either. I really don't like their chances at all now with this trade. Its not that Perkins is individually a very good player, but the two things he does, defend and shoot a high percentage, are now gone down low.

This hurts them this year for sure. It hurts them pretty bad imo. You see in the playoffs how much havoc Perkins causes for opposing bigs. KG is just too small to stop a D12, or Bynum/Gasol combo.

I don't understand this trade in the slightest. If you say its for the future, that is ridiculous. This team isn't built for the future, its built to win now.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2011, 06:11 PM
I dont think so because the celtics were playing at an elite level without perkins all season and now they lost some size but they got Green. I think they are still the favorites to win it all.

in the playoffs you don't get to play against Darko Milicic and his peers. You get D12, Bosh, LeBron, Gasol, Bynum, Duncan, etc.

This hurts them bad. Green is another role player. The C's obviously paniced at the depth of their SF position when Marquis went down.

kyubi256
02-24-2011, 06:13 PM
He weakened their chances of winning it all this year IMO. But they still have the best team in the East IMO. Also... I feel that unless the Lakers get their stuff together, I still think the Celtics are the best team in the NBA.

He weakened their chance, but I think they are still the favorite right now to win the title

Hawkeye15
I expect Celtics fans to come in here and justify the trade, and I expect come ECF's time (if they are indeed there), these same fans will be cussing Ainge out for the trade.

Can they still win it all? Sure. Did they lessen their chances? Yes, they did

hugepatsfan
I think they are waker, no doubt. However, adding Jeff Green and the LAC Clipper 2012 1st rounder (top 10 protected) makes BOS's future look a lot brighter. No one loves Perk more than me, but I can at least understand where Danny is coming from on this one. He saw an opportunity to add a young player he really likes (Green) and it's probably obvious now that he wasn't resigning Perk long term to what he was going to get.

redsox0717
02-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Kendrick Perkins has suddenly become the most overrated player in the NBA

Hawkeye15
02-24-2011, 06:14 PM
I expect Celtics fans to come in here and justify the trade, and I expect come ECF's time (if they are indeed there), these same fans will be cussing Ainge out for the trade.

clehmun
02-24-2011, 06:15 PM
my thoughts are:

1. they made the move to help them GET into the finals, but not WIN the finals.
2. they improved their team for the future.
3. they will most likely sign murphy once he clear waivers. he's a good big, but his defense is nowhere near perkin's and that will hurt the celtics.
4. green can be a great 6th man - kinda like a odom. he's a SF/PF so he can man different positions and create mismatches for them. one thing the celtics lack are mismatches opportunities (as in having a quick 6'10 with SF skills).

if they can land murphy to soften the blow to their frontcourt, it's actually a decent trade.

hugepatsfan
02-24-2011, 06:15 PM

It's obvious they lessened their chances. But the future for BOS post Big 3 looks better today than it did yesterday. Danny is trying to be the GM for longer than just 2 more years - you have to remember that.

JordansBulls
02-24-2011, 06:17 PM
No, they did this to have more wings for Miami. They don't need a ton of size for them. Also for Melo and the Bulls wings.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Kendrick Perkins has suddenly become the most overrated player in the NBA

that isn't it. Boston's IDENTITY was defense, and if you are going to win a title, you need to have interior defenders. KG is great, but he can't guard beasts. Their other players are either/both hurt, or not very good defenders at all.

This hurts their interior defense. Game 7 of the NBA finals should show you exactly what I am referring to. Without Perk, the Lakers bigs did what they wanted to. This will happen with Orlando, and how do you plan to keep LeBron out of the paint now?

On an average to bad team, nobody would even know Perkins name. But he is a key piece on a team needing toughness, interior defense, and high percentage shooting on the block. The Celtics just picked up another role player who holds his own, and lost a key piece of what made them so great.

They are still a threat, but they just weakened themselves, and their ridiculously aged frontcourt, for a finals run.

hugepatsfan
02-24-2011, 06:21 PM
that isn't it. Boston's IDENTITY was defense, and if you are going to win a title, you need to have interior defenders. KG is great, but he can't guard beasts. Their other players are either/both hurt, or not very good defenders at all.

This hurts their interior defense. Game 7 of the NBA finals should show you exactly what I am referring to. Without Perk, the Lakers bigs did what they wanted to. This will happen with Orlando, and how do you plan to keep LeBron out of the paint now?

On an average to bad team, nobody would even know Perkins name. But he is a key piece on a team needing toughness, interior defense, and high percentage shooting on the block. The Celtics just picked up another role player who holds his own, and lost a key piece of what made them so great.

They are still a threat, but they just weakened themselves, and their ridiculously aged frontcourt, for a finals run.

I agree w/ this. I will make one point in favor of Ainge though. He is rumored
to be adding Troy Murphy once he gets bought out. The problem vs LA last year w/out Perk wasn't defense - it was finishing off the defensive possesion w/ a rebound. In that area, Murphy is an upgrade. I love Perk more than anyone else on PSD probably and am mad about the trade, but Murphy would be a rebounding upgrade.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2011, 06:22 PM
It's obvious they lessened their chances. But the future for BOS post Big 3 looks better today than it did yesterday. Danny is trying to be the GM for longer than just 2 more years - you have to remember that.

It still doesn't make sense. Boston is built to win now. And they just lessened their chances. As KG, Ray, and Pierce age, with no good young talent coming in, how does it make sense to weaken a team viewed by many as a total contender.

It makes zero sense. None to me. If you are a true contender, and I mean a top 2 team, you don't sell off an integral part of that team to get a 6th man, and future "good" starting SF.

And if Ainge is trying to secure his job, wouldn't a title be an easier way to do it?

shep33
02-24-2011, 06:25 PM
I agree that once they get Murphy, which will likely happen, that they improve in rebounding. However, Murphy isn't a center. They lost a legit center, the best defensive center outside of Howard. So by replacing him with a pf that is a good rebound, still doesn't justify them losing a center.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2011, 06:26 PM
I will leave my opinion at this-- Boston hurt their chances this year. That being said, I honestly think the Lakers may not be the team to come out of the west, and if the Celtics somehow get to the finals and face the Spurs or Mavs for example, this will be a decent trade if they pick up Murphy. But if the Lakers get thru, the Celtics have no answer for the huge interior of the Lakers

PEACE!

Hawkeye15
02-24-2011, 06:27 PM
I will leave my opinion at this-- Boston hurt their chances this year. That being said, I honestly think the Lakers may not be the team to come out of the west, and if the Celtics somehow get to the finals and face the Spurs or Mavs for example, this will be a decent trade if they pick up Murphy. But if the Lakers get thru, the Celtics have no answer for the huge interior of the Lakers

PEACE!

smith&wesson
02-24-2011, 06:30 PM
with pierce, allen and kg getting older i dont blame the celtics gm making a move for the future. jeff green is a solid player at the 3 and will play with rondo for some time when the big 3 retire.

Brooklyn Mets
02-24-2011, 06:30 PM
yes

JordansBulls
02-24-2011, 06:34 PM
They traded Perkins so that when they lose Doc can say our starting 5 was never beaten.

bbd24
02-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Great trade for the Celtics. Jeff Green is a good young player, and now will learn from one of the best 3's in Celtic History. Not to mention a Clippers 1st round pick is basically Gold. Thats 2 players added to the future Celtic roster only for Perkins ?

I'm not sure who has the better knee's at this point, Leon Powe, Kendrick Perkins, or Bernard King.

shep33
02-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Boston's deal gets more perplexing everytime I look at it... Okay come playoffs, are they gonna cut Pierce's minutes down by like 10mpg or something? He's a backup that won't get huge minutes at 3 with Pierce there. He can play 4 at times if you go small, but where does that put Big Baby? Makes no sense to deal a starter for a backup 3 IMO. Not only that they dealt Nate, Erden, Daniels (wasn't gonna play this year anyways), and Harangody.

PAOboston
02-24-2011, 06:37 PM
i think people also need to realize some factors involved with this trade:

1. the c's were pretty damn good defensively without perk the the large part of this season. people are making it sound as if the c's are gonna fall off the face of the planet b/c perkins isnt on the team. of course, it's a huge gamble depending on the health of the oneal's but i guess that's a risk ainge is willing to take.

2. for perk to be traded, you gotta figure that the c's management didnt like the chances of resigning him in the offseason so they might as well get a nice young piece back in jeff green. green's a pretty good player, both offensively and defensively, and can be a 6th man type of player for the c's this year.

so overall, did the c's hurt their chances? as of right now, yes, a little. they evened the playing field a little in the EC. but we also gotta wait for all the buyouts to get sorted out. for all we know, in a few weeks the c's could have murphy and rip hamilton coming off the bench so we dont exactly know what ainge is expecting /has up his sleeve.

KmB728
02-24-2011, 06:38 PM
They traded Perkins so that when they lose Doc can say our starting 5 was never beaten.

Thanks for baiting and being a mod....

NYstateofMinD
02-24-2011, 06:40 PM
This trade made the Celtics better.

Jonathan2323
02-24-2011, 06:40 PM
No, they did this to have more wings for Miami. They don't need a ton of size for them. Also for Melo and the Bulls wings.

You don't beat Miami by having more wings, you beat Miami by having a size advantage.

NYstateofMinD
02-24-2011, 06:41 PM
You don't beat Miami by having more wings, you beat Miami by having a size advantage.

They already beat them three times.

J4KOP99
02-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Are people trying to justify this by the Celtics possibly signing Troy Murphy?

1) Where is Troy Murphy going to find playing time

2) Who guards Dwight?

3) You are now relying on old, often-injured, centers in Shaq and JO

4) Where is Jeff Green going to find minutes in the playoffs? The Celtics are going to go small... that ruins their defensive identity.

I don't understand this at all from Boston's standpoint... whether they get Troy Murphy or anyone else (Rasheed Wallace..). This team was built to win RIGHT NOW. They put together a team that could absolutely dominate on the defensive end. Perkins was the anchor of that defense. Even losing Nate off the bench hurts them...

redwhitenblue
02-24-2011, 06:42 PM
To answer the original question: absolutely.

This trade is mind-boggling. The Heat have to like their chances a lot more right now.

abe_froman
02-24-2011, 06:43 PM
yes.size advantage is what made them scary,trading it away gives a bigger window for mia,chi,orl to have a change against

Rego247
02-24-2011, 06:44 PM
does change the metrics of their team quite a bit, but they're still the favorites in the east.

JordansBulls
02-24-2011, 06:45 PM

Saying a team is going to lose in the playoffs isn't baiting bro. Not to mention Doc even said the same words last year.

daboywonder2002
02-24-2011, 06:51 PM
i honestly think ainge panicked here. he saw lebron and melo both in the east. he knows he must go through them to get to the finals. so i think they figured lets improve our perimeter d. you dont want pierce or ray guarding lebron for 40 plus min a game. the good thing about jeff green is that he can guard bron/melo and he can make them play defense. however, was it worth trading your interior defense?? also if you cant pay kendrick perkins, how the hell can you afford jeff green?? dude is gonna command at least 9-10 per year

Hustlenomics
02-24-2011, 06:52 PM
don't even know what to think ..

shep33
02-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Boston made a mistake IMO... I don't understand that deal one bit. Green if I am not mistaken plays SF right? Pierce plays SF. Come playoff time, Pierce is still gonna get a majority of the mins there, so how many mins is Green gonna play? 20 mins would be a huge stretch, 15 maybe, 10-12 probably right there in big game situations. By having Green play 20 mins a game that makes Pierce play 28, so no... 15 mins, lets Pierce play 33... okay maybe, but 10-12 seems more like it. Pierce will get big mins in the playoffs so I don't get this at all.

BradytoGronkTD
02-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Perk is not the end of the world here people!!!!!!!! WE STILL HAVE SHAQ. I love the trade, provides the C's bench with even more firepower.

jkcronyn
02-24-2011, 06:54 PM
just saw over in the pistosn forum that they were close to sending rip to cleveland to be bought out.. boston was probably clearing a roster spot to pick rip up if indeed he did let go, but detroit, as always, let everyone down

PAOboston
02-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Are people trying to justify this by the Celtics possibly signing Troy Murphy?

1) Where is Troy Murphy going to find playing time

2) Who guards Dwight?

3) You are now relying on old, often-injured, centers in Shaq and JO

4) Where is Jeff Green going to find minutes in the playoffs? The Celtics are going to go small... that ruins their defensive identity.

I don't understand this at all from Boston's standpoint... whether they get Troy Murphy or anyone else (Rasheed Wallace..). This team was built to win RIGHT NOW. They put together a team that could absolutely dominate on the defensive end. Perkins was the anchor of that defense. Even losing Nate off the bench hurts them...

1. KG is the anchor of the c's defense. Perk was a good compliment to KG. without KG, the c's defense flat out stinks. period. the c's defense without perkins is still pretty good.

2. have you seen nate robinson play this year? the guy stinks. he has energy but the guy's main job has been to score and he cant buy a basket. he's flat out stunk this year.

ne3xchamps
02-24-2011, 06:56 PM
the only other thing besides maybe perk's knee injury is a problem with ainge, and maybe ainge knew he couldn't get long term done with perk, or which Im leaning towards this one, Ainge is on some good crack.
But maybe boston wants to be in on howard next year. who knows. I guess we will have to wait and see now. I'm still pissed over the trade though.

BradytoGronkTD
02-24-2011, 06:57 PM
As long as we have the Big 3 we are title contenders

TO to the CHI
02-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Saying a team is going to lose in the playoffs isn't baiting bro. Not to mention Doc even said the same words last year.

Look, I hate the Celtics, but you were baiting. Had you said "the Celtics are weaker" or "the Celtics are now going to lose" is totally different than mocking their coach for comments he has made in the past and thereby belittling the team.

The difference is clear as can be.

justinnum1
02-24-2011, 06:58 PM
yes

NYY 26 to 7
02-24-2011, 07:00 PM
I don't think its that big of a deal to lose Perk especially for this year. Their goal should be to get Shaq to the playoffs healthy. If they can have Shaq and JO healthy for the playoffs they are a better team with this deal. Green will add some needed depth on the wing and also has upside for the future. What this means to me is essentially they got Ray Allen for nothing while a high school prospect was allowed to grow on another team and now they have him back.

daboywonder2002
02-24-2011, 07:03 PM

i totally agree. of course ainge's dumb *** seems to disagree. this fool really thinks the oneals are gonna stay healthy??

topdog
02-24-2011, 07:08 PM
I actually like the deal for both sides.

Kendrick Perkins definitely was an important anchor to the Celts defense but Boston went out and got the O'Neals this year and it's gonna come down to health for Boston anyway with the aging cast they have. Kristic is a nice offensive player who Boston can hope to step up on D as he assimilates to the system. They needed some fresh blood off the bench and need to start looking toward "the after" and whether they want to spend a boatload on Perkins or somewhat less on Green.

OKC needed a solid defensive big to stand up against the powerhouses of the West and Green was always a poor choice in my opinion. I mean if you just drafted a SF/PF in Durant, why do you need another one in Green 4 picks later?

daboywonder2002
02-24-2011, 07:19 PM
I actually like the deal for both sides.

Kendrick Perkins definitely was an important anchor to the Celts defense but Boston went out and got the O'Neals this year and it's gonna come down to health for Boston anyway with the aging cast they have. Kristic is a nice offensive player who Boston can hope to step up on D as he assimilates to the system. They needed some fresh blood off the bench and need to start looking toward "the after" and whether they want to spend a boatload on Perkins or somewhat less on Green.

OKC needed a solid defensive big to stand up against the powerhouses of the West and Green was always a poor choice in my opinion. I mean if you just drafted a SF/PF in Durant, why do you need another one in Green 4 picks later?

uh you do know that jeff green will be one of the top free agents right?? and he will get a contract that will be tough for boston to match right??

KingPosey
02-24-2011, 07:26 PM
They got better in my opinion. Perkins is solid for sure. But they only need C play in the playoffs. Shaq will not be injured then because he will feel like playing, and he produces as well as KP essentially, and is more of a threat on O. Green is a stud too, thats a huge pick up. He was the best player traded, and they got him.

daboywonder2002
As long as we have the Big 3 we are title contenders

yea ok the pistons thought the same thing when they lost ben wallace. and please dont mention the eastern conference finals because that was not the same pistons team.

NBAfan4life
Any other Laker fans excited now just in case it is a rematch. The rematch was never promised with our play this year but Boston just helped our case.

shizzle09
02-24-2011, 07:27 PM
nope, insert Troy Muphy and you'll see why they did all this. It's really quite obvious

KingPosey
02-24-2011, 07:29 PM

Jordansbulls is a joke

lol thats nothing. A couple weeks ago he deleted a thread because he said we didnt need it and then opened the same thread himself.

J4KOP99
02-24-2011, 07:30 PM
nope, insert Troy Muphy and you'll see why they did all this. It's really quite obvious

Explain further.

KingPosey
02-24-2011, 07:30 PM
yea ok the pistons thought the same thing when they lost ben wallace. and please dont mention the eastern conference finals because that was not the same pistons team.

There is a BIG difference between Detroit's 3 and Boston's 3, and there is a BIGGER difference between KP and Ben Wallace during that era.

ryguy553
02-24-2011, 07:33 PM
People saying that they did it because they thought they couldn't sign Perk in the off-season don't make any sense. Green is going to command just as much if not more than Perk on the free agent market. Twisted logic right there. This deal makes less and less sense the more I think about it.

JordansBulls
02-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Look, I hate the Celtics, but you were baiting. Had you said "the Celtics are weaker" or "the Celtics are now going to lose" is totally different than mocking their coach for comments he has made in the past and thereby belittling the team.

The difference is clear as can be.

Like I said, saying a team is going to lose in a thread that is talking about their chances to win is what the topic is about and here is the proof of what Doc said.

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2010/08/doc-rivers-celtics-lakers-nba-finals.html

"They still have not beaten our starting five," Rivers recently told ESPN 980's John Thompson, as provided by Sports Radio Interviews. "Our starting five against the Lakers starting five has a ring. Tell him [a Lakers fan] don't forget that. We will be back strong and Perk will be there next year if there's a Game 7."

Lakerhead4ever
i would say so, as a laker fan and a basketball fan in general, the celtics got into the minds of almost all their contenders. and lets face it, name another center that was better defensively other than dwight howard. this trade has to do soemthing to the ego of the celtics..think about it, when does shaq play a consistent 20 in a row? or even JO for that fact? smh at that trade. ohh well better for the lakers!!

AlexTmz2
Yes!

PAOboston
02-24-2011, 07:43 PM
jeff green isnt a unrestricted free agent; he's a restricted FA. so he might be signed by someone else or he could come back. quite honestly, i dont think he'll make anywhere near what perkins will make in the offseason. perkins is probably looking for a 10-12 million per contract.

again, the jury on this deal is still out. it depends on what buyout players the c's sign.

PAOboston
02-24-2011, 07:44 PM
i would say so, as a laker fan and a basketball fan in general, the celtics got into the minds of almost all their contenders. and lets face it, name another center that was better defensively other than dwight howard. this trade has to do soemthing to the ego of the celtics..think about it, when does shaq play a consistent 20 in a row? or even JO for that fact? smh at that trade. ohh well better for the lakers!!

technically this is bad for the lakers considering that perkins now plays for OKC, a team that the lakers might have to face in the playoffs...

J4KOP99
02-24-2011, 07:44 PM
jeff green isnt a unrestricted free agent; he's a restricted FA. so he might be signed by someone else or he could come back. quite honestly, i dont think he'll make anywhere near what perkins will make in the offseason. perkins is probably looking for a 10-12 million per contract.

again, the jury on this deal is still out. it depends on what buyout players the c's sign.

Green will ask for more than Perkins

D Roses Bulls
02-24-2011, 07:45 PM

THIS

Perkins looks solid, but so did courtney lee in the magic system. perkins had garnett to defer too as well as all the other talent that team has. it could go either way for boston, but my bet is, that they will be fine as long as rondo,kg,pierce, and allen are all playing good.

J4KOP99
02-24-2011, 07:46 PM
technically this is bad for the lakers considering that perkins now plays for OKC, a team that the lakers might have to face in the playoffs...

Agreed, some of my fellow Lakers fans are happy because Boston lost perk... but, Perk is now on an up-and-coming Thunder squad that can easily cause problems in the West for us.

JordansBulls
02-24-2011, 07:46 PM
They don't need Perkins for the eastern conference teams. Only big Orlando has is Dwight now, and Miami has Big Z and Anthony. The only teams that it would hurt them against is against maybe Chicago and LA of course.

shizzle09
02-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Explain further.

Murphy will likely be bought out and Murphy wanted to play for the celts in the past. Look at the recent roster moves they just made. Seems obvious to me they are positioning for Murphy.

believeinNYK
02-24-2011, 07:47 PM
They're still dangerous and they've done well without Perkins for the majority of the season, it all depends on KG, shaq, JO staying healthy
Kristic is a decent center and Green gives them some depth on the bench

shizzle09
02-24-2011, 07:51 PM
They're still dangerous and they've done well without Perkins for the majority of the season, it all depends on KG, shaq, JO staying healthyOrator is a decent center and Green gives them some depth on the bench

never happen. that dude is just plain fragile.

Chacarron
02-24-2011, 07:51 PM
I still can't get over this trade. Shaq and JO could possibly miss key playoff games because of their injury problems this year. Shaq is good on defense but JO is not a catalyst like Shaq or Perks. The Celtics will have a tougher time getting out of the East after this trade.

IBleedPurple
02-24-2011, 07:52 PM
A little weaker, yes. Still Celtics/Lakers as the favorites IMO

J4KOP99
02-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Murphy will likely be bought out and Murphy wanted to play for the celts in the past. Look at the recent roster moves they just made. Seems obvious to me they are positioning for Murphy.

Ok. But how does that help them at all? I don't think Murphy can spell defense, let alone play the type of defense the Celt's got from perk. He just shoots three's and grabs some boards.

Celts have to pray to Red Auerbach that Shaq and Jermaine are healthy come playoff time.

If they do sign Murphy, he, Big Baby, Green and pierce and Garnett will all be splitting minutes. Pierce and KG obviously will get the majority at the 3&4, but then what?

JordansBulls
02-24-2011, 07:53 PM
What I don't get why would they trade there young backup center when all of their centers now are older guys?

daboywonder2002
02-24-2011, 07:53 PM
There is a BIG difference between Detroit's 3 and Boston's 3, and there is a BIGGER difference between KP and Ben Wallace during that era.

oh really. the only difference was that ben wallace was older. thats it. they both underrated the chemistry in the locker room both players brought. the pistons were not the same after ben was gone. ben was not the same after leaving detroit. nobody won from that move.

Hugbees
02-24-2011, 07:54 PM
Probably, but he strengthened them for the next 3 years after this.

how and why? Perkins was actually one of their younger players that could still improve. Anyways..the future doesn't matter for this team at all, in fact it doesn't look good once their stars finally stop producing due to age, which can happen at any time. They need to be in win now mode and ride this ship till it sinks.

kblo247
02-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Am I the only one who realize that they got back everyone that they traded for Ray and Baby except Wally Z?

LA_Raiders
02-24-2011, 07:57 PM
looks good for Orlando

J4KOP99
02-24-2011, 07:59 PM
looks good for Orlando

Nah, the refs will probably call 2 quick fouls on Howard in each game.

kblo247
02-24-2011, 08:00 PM
looks good for Orlando

They can't defend on the perimeter so not really

PAOboston
again, i think people are jumping the gun a little. i think they need to wait out until the all the buyout situations are resolved to really give a grade to the trade.

kyubi256
looks good for Orlando

I disagree... They also have to go through Miami and Chicago. Them making a move hurt them a lot. Sure Boston might've gotten worst... But they aren't up there with the other three elites

Chitownhero14
02-24-2011, 08:05 PM
They either knew they wouldn't be able to re-sign the guy or they knew his Knee is worse then everyone else knows. So theres something more to this. I know Celtics wanted a SF but at the cost of a young starting C...idk about that one...

hugepatsfan
02-24-2011, 08:07 PM
BOS just plugged one huge hole on their team (backup wing w/ Daniels out). But they opened up one that is probably bigger than the original. If BOS can manage to fill it w/ buyout players (Dalembert?) than this trade looks a lot better. For right now, I gotta say they are very much so weakened in the present.

koreancabbage
02-24-2011, 08:07 PM
size matters in the playoffs and you got smaller with Jeff Green. so KG going to Center? and Jeff Green at the 4? they are going to get run over in the finals.

shizzle09
02-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Ok. But how does that help them at all? I don't think Murphy can spell defense, let alone play the type of defense the Celt's got from perk. He just shoots three's and grabs some boards.

Celts have to pray to Red Auerbach that Shaq and Jermaine are healthy come playoff time.

If they do sign Murphy, he, Big Baby, Green and pierce and Garnett will all be splitting minutes. Pierce and KG obviously will get the majority at the 3&4, but then what?

I agree, i'm not sold on the idea for them. I'm just saying thats what i think they are going to do. I dont think it's possible for JO to stay healthy or Shaq for that matter. Green does add some youth to their bench

J4KOP99
02-24-2011, 08:11 PM
BOS just plugged one huge hole on their team (backup wing w/ Daniels out). But they opened up one that is probably bigger than the original. If BOS can manage to fill it w/ buyout players (Dalembert?) than this trade looks a lot better. For right now, I gotta say they are very much so weakened in the present.

Didn't the Kings say they weren't going to buy him out? I thought I read that somewhere. Could be wrong though.

Either way, I've heard talk that the Celts would go after Troy Murphy? I can't understand how that would help though. Where are the minutes going to come from at the 3 and 4... Pierce, Green, Big Baby, Garnett, Murphy... Especially in the playoffs.

TboneM3
02-24-2011, 08:12 PM
The best trade for Boston would have been no trade at all IMO.

what54!?
02-24-2011, 08:15 PM
I don't think this helps. It may help against miami, orlando, and chicago (MAYBE) but overall this hurts their chance for a championship. Shaq can't play that many mins. and J.O. just needs to retire

lakerboy
02-24-2011, 08:16 PM
I can't believe how overrated Perkins is. He plays good above average D, that's it. Garnett anchors the defense not Perkins. The Celtics cruised in the first part of the season without him and without any problems. They beat the Heat like nothing without Perkins. Perkins was ineffective in the third game too. It doesn't really change anything. Celtics are still very very good.

flclfanman
02-24-2011, 08:17 PM
What I don't get why would they trade there young backup center when all of their centers now are older guys?

This.

Boston actually values an injury-prone JO over a decent Semih Urden???

Lets see how this affects Beantown tonight vs. DEN

s3antana5757
02-24-2011, 08:19 PM
I don't understand this deal too much. Now you have to hope and pray that the O'Neal's are healthy for the play-offs. If not, you're going to have Davis and Kristic playing Bynum and Gasol in huge minutes. Kristic makes Pau look tough.

People are failing to mention that NATE was involved in this deal. Whatever offense Green can bring, Nate already brought. No defense from either, but they're both scorers. You lose a major defensive piece for a lateral move, IMO.

Remember also, Orlando won the EC two years ago, over Boston. If Howard keeps playing at a great level, and he can get some help(big if), they could be dangerous against Boston and especially Miami. Dwight also had problems with Perkins.

ElMarroAfamado
02-24-2011, 08:22 PM
this has to be one of the worst deals in recent memory....truly amazing....this is a very Clipperesque move

Hustlenomics
02-24-2011, 08:22 PM
^ Nate is horrible so don't capitalize his name like he's a big part of this deal

ElMarroAfamado
02-24-2011, 08:23 PM
you went from Perkins solidifying their Defense
to Kristic who plays NO defense and now they have a whole....wow just wow

Avenged
02-24-2011, 08:27 PM
If the Lakers make the Finals and Celtics as well, this trade benefits the Lakers. I don't get this trade at all, forget the future stuff.. That teams wants and needs to win RIGHT NOW.

s3antana5757
02-24-2011, 08:28 PM
^ Nate is horrible so don't capitalize his name like he's a big part of this deal

He's instant offense off the bench. What is Jeff Green? Offense with no defense. He's more versatile yes, but who back up the 1 and 2 now?

unwantedplayer
02-24-2011, 08:29 PM
If the Lakers make the Finals and Celtics as well, this trade benefits the Lakers. I don't get this trade at all, forget the future stuff.. That teams wants and needs to win RIGHT NOW.

Boston made this trade gambling that the Spurs make it to the finals

heatforlife
02-24-2011, 08:33 PM
wow this was shocking bro im a die hard heat fan but i feel for boston i really liked perkins and nate that was the reason i kind of liked boston but i dont see why they did that trade there was no reason to trade them nate was solid and penkins was a great center for them.. all i can say is wowwwwwwwwwww

PAOboston
02-24-2011, 08:39 PM
He's instant offense off the bench. What is Jeff Green? Offense with no defense. He's more versatile yes, but who back up the 1 and 2 now?

i'm getting a kick reading all the nate love. you clearly dont watch the celtics every game so let me explain it to you: NATE STINKS!!!! he's been absolutely horrendous this year. he cant buy a bucket to save his life. the c's bench (minus davis) has been abysmal lately, especially nate.

WHODAT8o8
02-24-2011, 08:43 PM
I like this trade if we are able to get Murphy and/or Rasheed comes back and does work

s3antana5757
02-24-2011, 08:47 PM
i'm getting a kick reading all the nate love. you clearly dont watch the celtics every game so let me explain it to you: NATE STINKS!!!! he's been absolutely horrendous this year. he cant buy a bucket to save his life. the c's bench (minus davis) has been abysmal lately, especially nate.

I definitely don't watch C's games, won't pretend like I do. I'm a Lakers fan but living in CT we get every game and I'll tune in when they play a team I'm interested in. From what I have seen though, he knocks down open shots(granted he shoots too much) and is pretty good at getting into the lane.

hugepatsfan
02-24-2011, 08:51 PM

Delonte West. Who was going to pass Nate eventually anyways. Once Delonte gets healthy, Nate was going to be out of the rotation even if he was here. He pisses Doc off too much. He had a nice little run last year, but he was through. Delonte this year, Avery Bradley next year. Nate was just going to rot on the bench for the next 2 years.

PAOboston
02-24-2011, 08:52 PM
I definitely don't watch C's games, won't pretend like I do. I'm a Lakers fan but living in CT we get every game and I'll tune in when they play a team I'm interested in. From what I have seen though, he knocks down open shots(granted he shoots too much) and is pretty good at getting into the lane.

it's few an far between. i dont know what's wrong with him but he's having an off year this year. and with d west back and wafer palying pretty wll, he became expendable. but he's been super inconsistent this year.

Hustlenomics
02-24-2011, 08:55 PM

exactly..those saying he's good haven't watched him play this year

icej
02-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Interesting for this topic:

Title:Boston’s Danny Ainge learned from history, tries to avoid repeating it
Kurt Helin Feb 24, 2011, 7:50 PM EST

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/24/bostons-danny-ainge-learned-from-history-tries-to-avoid-repeat

KnicksR4Real
02-24-2011, 08:58 PM
yes, whos gonna get dwight? shaq? hes to old now

xbrackattackx
02-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Well they got the SF of the future in Green and he can start learning from PP. Perkins is a good center but Krstic isn't a horrible center. And They will get Troy Murphy and a Vt PG I think.

JordansBulls
02-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Interesting for this topic:

Title:Boston’s Danny Ainge learned from history, tries to avoid repeating it
Kurt Helin Feb 24, 2011, 7:50 PM EST

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/24/bostons-danny-ainge-learned-from-history-tries-to-avoid-repeat

Makes sense because the C's with Bird and company got older and they weren't making deals, but they did get REggie Lewis to help.

hugepatsfan
02-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Makes sense because the C's with Bird and company got older and they weren't making deals, but they did get REggie Lewis to help.

That really explains what Danny is trying to do. He doesn't want to be fired in 3 years because BOS sucks and has no talent. He's trying to build for the future, even if it means sacraficing some of the present. Remember, any GM can make the no brainer moves. It's the tough decisions like this that separate the boys from the men. These are the type of moves that really determine who is a good GM and who can't make anything other than the no brainer move. We'll have to see how Danny plays this out - we still have buyouts, the offseason, and this year's results until we can really say.

PAOboston
02-24-2011, 09:07 PM

the c's got screwed when len bias overdosed. the hype around that kid unbelievable. they said he was the best prospect to come out since jordan. throw in the reggie lewis saga and the c's lost 2 young players that could have been cornerstone players in the late 90's. instead they got 20 years of mediocrity.

Anilyzer
02-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Probably.

They are definitely stronger with Perkins--look at the run they've been on.

Also Robinson is an underestimated spark plug that compliments Rondo off the bench very well.

Doesn't really matter though... starting to get teh feeling that no team in the East can beat Lebron
in a 7 game series; especially now with Wade backing him up.

Russollini
02-24-2011, 09:18 PM
I am a Heat fan, and I am not seeing a big deal here. Perkins was hurt most of the year and they were fine. Green will improve them behind Ray and Pierce. They needed the depth and Perkins was not going to be resigned. They decided to get a very good player for him now.

RCarlson85
02-24-2011, 09:24 PM
I think they just hurt their chances some. They traded away their starting center and one of their back up centers and only got Kristic in return to take their place. Green can't replace losing Perk. Now they have to depend on the old broken down O'Neals and Kristic to play center? That is a pretty crappy group of centers.

KingPosey
02-24-2011, 11:49 PM
oh really. the only difference was that ben wallace was older. thats it. they both underrated the chemistry in the locker room both players brought. the pistons were not the same after ben was gone. ben was not the same after leaving detroit. nobody won from that move.

And Ben Wallace was grabbing 14 boards a game, blocking tons of shots, and playing All NBA defense. Oh, and playing every night. GTFO with that BS argument.

bom tenson
02-24-2011, 11:58 PM
the only advantage boston had on miami was there size. now that advantage is gone. so to answer your question did danny ainge hurt bostons chances? you bet he did.

koLohe2133
02-25-2011, 12:02 AM
I'm giving ainge the benefit of the doubt RIGHT NOW. the man did put together the big three out of nowhere so I'm sure he has something in mind.

With those three open roster spots I think he goes after Murphy, powe, and ford.

Kg has guarded centers before and he can do a decent job with boston's help defense IMO.

Perk was crying.....shoulda signed the extension and idk what he is cryin about? He didn't get traded to cleveland

corky831
02-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Many factors came into play for this trade:
1. Delonte west came back off injury, nate has not played well, this made nate expendable
2. Pierce has been banged up this yr, and may not be able to log in the minutes he normally would be able to
3. Marquise Daniels injury
4. The fact the celtics had top 2 record in the league this yr WithOUT Perk
5. Perks knee injury may be worse than we think
6. Doc's son played with Green at georgetown
7. Green is a nice young player that can compliment rondo when the big 3 retire (Green turns 25 in August)
8. Get a Clippers 1st rounder (hopefully itll be in the 11-13 range as it is protected in the top 10)
9. The Celtics drafted Green fairly high in 2007 (I believe 5th overall?) so they must have liked what they saw out of him in college
10. Possible run for Dwight in 2012? Who knows

Those are my reasonings behind the trade, I am in the middle about this move, dont kno what to think about it to be quite honest

jr_3421
02-25-2011, 11:35 AM
I am a Celtics fan and have watched virtually every game this season. When disregarding the chemistry and emotional factors of this trade I starting to like it more and more.

1. We had the best record in the East WITHOUT Perkins Shaq and JO were off and on injured as well)

2. Our 4th quarter team is still intact. People forget that even when Perk was healthy, he never finished games for us because he was a such a liability on the offensive end.

3. Dwight Howard cannot beat us by himself. History shows that even Dwight has a career day, the Celtics have been able to compensate by shutting down the other 4 positions.

4. We get younger and better at a position of need.

bagwell368
02-25-2011, 11:44 AM
The Celts now have 3 rosters spots open, can we see who they sign before anybody jumps off any cliffs please?

69centers
02-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Good article that says it's KG that made Perk thrive and we're still better with KG and Shaq down low:

In the end, it all comes back to Garnett's defensive presence.

Over the past four seasons, Perkins was plus-13.0 points per 48 minutes when on the court with Garnett. But without him, Perkins was minus-2.1 points per 48 minutes.

Now another Boston center gets to feed off KG. While Garnett leads the NBA in plus/minus per 48 minutes at plus-13.0, Shaquille O'Neal is right behind him at plus-12.5. Perkins, by contrast, is plus-6.3 through 12 games.

Shaq is still a defensive force down low. Opponents are shooting just 32.4 percent against him and averaging 0.70 PPP in post-up situations, according to Synergy.

Even with his 39th birthday coming up March 6, O'Neal is still a far more dynamic offensive threat than Perkins has ever been. If healthy (a legitimate if), O'Neal more than capably fills the post on both ends.

Consider the evidence: The Celtics' four main starters are plus-18.2 points per 48 minutes when joined on the court by O'Neal. In 12 games with Perkins, that's just plus-13.0.

In fact, the best plus/minus per 48 minutes for those four with Perkins came in 2007-08, when they were plus-17.7. In other words, the group has been doing better with Shaq than it ever did with Perkins.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/columns/story?columnist=lundblad_jeremy&id=6156817)

bagwell368
02-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Also Robinson is an underestimated spark plug that compliments Rondo off the bench very well.

Rubbish. Nate doesn't compliment anyone but Nate. He's had what maybe 5 big games for the Celts since he's been here.

You must get this from reading, because if you watched the Celts as much as me you wouldn't say this.

LeBron in a 7 game series? Yeah, check out the record so far this year.

bagwell368
02-25-2011, 11:54 AM
the only advantage boston had on miami was there size. now that advantage is gone. so to answer your question did danny ainge hurt bostons chances? you bet he did.

The only thing? Man do you actually watch? Ever hear of defense or passing? The Heat have two alphas, a wimp, and an empty bench. In 2-3 years after the get some mid cap guys to fill in, and figure out how to distribute the ball they'll be tough.

Individual talent != team success

It's been proven over and over again.

kikeyanez
02-25-2011, 12:01 PM
danny is an idiot cant believe he traded big P

69centers
02-25-2011, 12:03 PM
We're also most likely landing Troy Murphy. KG and Shaq on the 1st unit, and Murphy on the 2nd, we'll still be a force on the glass.

Tarheels23
02-25-2011, 12:09 PM
I know the landscape of the NBA has changed, especially in the East.

But when Boston went on their run in 07-08 James Posey played a huge role. Boston now has their "James Posey" back. They can put Green in at PF and run with a lineup that was very effective in the 08 playoffs of:

Rondo
Allen
Pierce
Green
Garnett

flclfanman
02-25-2011, 12:09 PM
We're also most likely landing Troy Murphy. KG and Shaq on the 1st unit, and Murphy on the 2nd, we'll still be decent on the glass.

Fixed. The C's were only 28th in the league in RPG before the trade :laugh:

But yeah, you get a 7 footer back in Krystic but he doesn't provide much other than that. I think only him and Brook Lopez are the only Starting Centers to average fewer than 6 boards a game. :ouch:

Still shocked they traded Urden. Much preferred him over an always injued JO :shrug:

Mishmin
02-25-2011, 12:10 PM
First of all, you're right that we have to wait to see who fills those last three roster spots. Ainge isn't a fool, and I think there's more to this than we can see right now. There are more pieces to the puzzle coming.

Second, yes Perk was a solid part of our structured team, he was there when we won it all. But in all honesty, he's replaceable. Could he guard Dwight Howard, hell yes. But the truth is, he has already hit his plateau of skill. He can't score well, and he was also asking for too much money for a defensive center. He's also getting more and more injury-prone these days. Jeff Green is someone who could still develop, who has all-star potential if you want to run wild with it (moreso than Perkins at least). Ainge has to look at the future at the same time, and I don't think he's throwing this season away.

In my opinion, a lot of this post-season success rides on our assumption that Shaq will come back and be healthy.

corky831
02-25-2011, 02:17 PM
another thing...i watch a bunch of celtics games........and the main problem with this team was the 2nd unit.....the starters would always jump out to a big lead, but the bench would never supply anything and we'd often lose those leads until the starters come back in....davis was the only true bench player that provided solid offense and defense, nate has done **** all year......so now we have delonte, davis, and green in for the 2nd unit.....which can provide some solid minutes and production.....and who knows who else ainge will bring in....so im startin to like this deal more and more

69centers
02-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Fixed. The C's were only 28th in the league in RPG before the trade :laugh:

But yeah, you get a 7 footer back in Krystic but he doesn't provide much other than that. I think only him and Brook Lopez are the only Starting Centers to average fewer than 6 boards a game. :ouch:

Still shocked they traded Urden. Much preferred him over an always injued JO :shrug:

I was factoring in Troy Murphy, who is reportedly coming to Boston. Before this season and his limited time with the Nets, he averaged double digits boards 2 years in a row. If we land Murphy, we will be a force on the glass.

asomen
02-25-2011, 03:40 PM
I never realized how overrated Kendrick Perkins was. Thank you ESPN for just allowing me to realize this.

You would have thought the Celtics just lost Paul Pierce to a broken femur the way the "analysts" are talking. I wasn't aware a defensive-minded 7 footer (with bad knees as I remind you) who averages 7 points and 8 rebounds is the reason the Celtics are the best in the East right now.

Must be magic that he was out the first 40 games or whatever of the season and the Celtics still controlled first place.

What might be even worse is the fact that I keep reading and hearing the Thunder just jumped from being a mediocre team in the playoffs to a top 3 team in the West. Because of Kendrick Perkins?! At least tell me Durant and Westbrook have matured and will carry the team into the postseason. But please don't tell me a 7 footer who doesn't play offense, an above-average defender, will lift the Thunder over teams like the Spurs, Mavericks, and Lakers.

flclfanman
02-25-2011, 03:42 PM
I was factoring in Troy Murphy, who is reportedly coming to Boston. Before this season and his limited time with the Nets, he averaged double digits boards 2 years in a row. If we land Murphy, we will be a force on the glass.

Debatable.

Murphy has been a good rebounder throughout his career but he's had a down year this season. You just cant expect him to just come in and start averaging 10+ boards a game with no problem.

Tony_Starks
02-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Perkins is the only guy that not only allowed them to play D Howard straight up but also gave the Lakers bigs problems. Now it's questionable if they can beat Orlando. If they're lucky enough to get to the finals Green and whoever the other guy is has nothing for Gasol/Bynum/Odom. You prepare you're team to compete against the champs right? They blew it.

Murphy? A washed up Rasheed? Are those even options? At the end of the day they disrupted a championship team because of money. Anybody that doesn't believe that is fooling themselves....

JasonJohnHorn
02-25-2011, 04:47 PM
I think its a good move. Stay competative and plan for hte future. I would like there chances better with Perkins this season, but honestly, we all know the Celtics are an old team. They have the center spot locked down the first half of the season, and were winning games without Perk, I like his defence, but he's not as good ont he boards as a center should be.

Picking up a young Green, who is a quality player, can spell minutes at forward, and with Powe's buy out, and a buyout looming for Murphy, the Celts may very well have guys who are capable of holding down a 'center by committee' approach. And Shaq is still a big presence in the paint.

Getting a young guy like Green, and locking in the Clippers 1st rounder in 2012, it seems like a good move for the future while still maintaing a solid core that can contend.

Hustlenomics
02-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Perkins is the only guy that not only allowed them to play D Howard straight up but also gave the Lakers bigs problems. Now it's questionable if they can beat Orlando. If they're lucky enough to get to the finals Green and whoever the other guy is has nothing for Gasol/Bynum/Odom. You prepare you're team to compete against the champs right? They blew it.

Murphy? A washed up Rasheed? Are those even options? At the end of the day they disrupted a championship team because of money. Anybody that doesn't believe that is fooling themselves....

^ because they definitely didn't beat Orlando without Dwight

PAOboston
02-25-2011, 05:10 PM

the way to beat the magic isnt to stop howard. it's to make sure no else does anything. the last time the c's played the magic, howard dropped 33 points on perkins. and the c's still won.

perkins plays howard better than most centers but let's look at the eastern conference. besides orlando, who else has dominant centers? NO ONE! the gamble ainge is making is that perimeter players (i.e green) will be more improtant for the c's advancing b/c they'll need effective depth to potentially go up against melo/lebron/turkoglou/deng etc...

tredigs
02-25-2011, 05:21 PM
the way to beat the magic isnt to stop howard. it's to make sure no else does anything. the last time the c's played the magic, howard dropped 33 points on perkins. and the c's still won.

perkins plays howard better than most centers but let's look at the eastern conference. besides orlando, who else has dominant centers? NO ONE! the gamble ainge is making is that perimeter players (i.e green) will be more improtant for the c's advancing b/c they'll need effective depth to potentially go up against melo/lebron/turkoglou/deng etc...

Now, being that Boston is a championship contender and regularly makes it out of the east with its prior core, let's look at the Centers in the top teams of the West... Bynum/Pau for LA. Duncan/Blair for SAS, Chandler/Dirk for the Mavericks, and now Ibaka/PERKINS for OKC. All four of those teams all now have a much better chance of taking out Boston if they were to make it to the finals; which one of them absolutely will.

This is a team on its last championship legs, but they were in the best shape of every team in the league, and you can't pass up your best defense of the West's elite bigs simply in order to gain a fairly mediocre guy (as far as a piece on a contender goes) like Jeff Green.

Unless they know something the rest of the league doesn't, Boston ****ed up. Big time.

Ripper Gein
02-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Boston made this trade gambling that the Spurs make it to the finals

WHY arent the Heat coming out of the East?!?

tredigs
02-25-2011, 05:25 PM
WHY arent the Heat coming out of the East?!?

That's another thing; Miami's chances to come out of the East went from remote to fairly significant in one night (assuming a healthy Haslem - I'd put it at somewhere around 45% at this point). Chi's chances also jumped significantly.

asomen
02-25-2011, 05:37 PM
That's another thing; Miami's chances to come out of the East went from remote to fairly significant in one night (assuming a healthy Haslem - I'd put it at somewhere around 45% at this point). Chi's chances also jumped significantly.

This statement right here is exactly what I am talking about. How the **** does Kendrick freaking Perkins (a guy who makes no impact on offense and is an overrated defender) give a team like MIA and Chicago a SIGNIFICANT advantage over them in the playoffs? This is the most overrated trade I can think of in recent memory.

For sake, this team was missing him for basically the whole season and they didn't have a problem walking over teams. With a healthy Shaq, KG, Baby and Jeff Green, this team still has more size than most of your guys favorite teams in the NBA.

And I'm not even a Celtic fan. I'm just sick of hearing people finally finding an excuse to discredit the Celtics.

iggypop123
02-25-2011, 05:39 PM
well looks like doc is going to be right. his starting 5 never lost a playoff series!

Hustlenomics
02-25-2011, 05:42 PM
This statement right here is exactly what I am talking about. How the **** does Kendrick freaking Perkins (a guy who makes no impact on offense and is an overrated defender) give a team like MIA and Chicago a SIGNIFICANT advantage over them in the playoffs? This is the most overrated trade I can think of in recent memory.

For sake, this team was missing him for basically the whole season and they didn't have a problem walking over teams. With a healthy Shaq, KG, Baby and Jeff Green, this team still has more size than most of your guys favorite teams in the NBA.

And I'm not even a Celtic fan. I'm just sick of hearing people finally finding an excuse to discredit the Celtics.

my thoughts exactly , people are really overrating Perkins now

Giantwarrior
02-25-2011, 05:43 PM
With the Perkins Trade, the Celtics did just give up a Big.

They gave up the the record in the East and probably wont have home court advantage throughout the playoffs. that will be huge for them because they play so well at home.

PAOboston
02-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Now, being that Boston is a championship contender and regularly makes it out of the east with its prior core, let's look at the Centers in the top teams of the West... Bynum/Pau for LA. Duncan/Blair for SAS, Chandler/Dirk for the Mavericks, and now Ibaka/PERKINS for OKC. All four of those teams all now have a much better chance of taking out Boston if they were to make it to the finals; which one of them absolutely will.

This is a team on its last championship legs, but they were in the best shape of every team in the league, and you can't pass up your best defense of the West's elite bigs simply in order to gain a fairly mediocre guy (as far as a piece on a contender goes) like Jeff Green.

Unless they know something the rest of the league doesn't, Boston ****ed up. Big time.
well there is the gamble ainge took. the way he seems to see it, orlando/LA wont be making it to the finals. so the celtics would hypothetically would have to worry more about teams with good perimeter players. at least that's thw way i see it. i dont necessarily agree with it but i can at least attempt to understand his reasoning for doing what he did.

you also have to take into consideration that a quality backup 3/4 was a HUGE need for this team. they really havent had a legit backup for pierce since posey left. people always bring up perkins and game 7 of the finals. what people forget though is that the pierce/allen were running on fumes by the time the lakers series rolled around. before the green trade, pierce was the only SF on the team! they desperately needed some good bench depth and they got it.

now whether giving up perkins was a smart idea for me at least depends on what they do with the 3 open roster spots. if they end up getting some sort of combo of muprhy/pryzbilla/etc, then i think the c's will be fine. otherwise, the c's could be in for some trouble depending on the health of the oneal's/krstic.

Gormans Mic
02-25-2011, 05:45 PM
People are vastly over rating Perkins...and I say that as a 30 year Celtics fan who's favorite player on this team was probably Perkins for a number of reasons, many of which have to do with him off the court.....but we've got to be real about it. This team was the best team in the East this year while Perkins was gone. I didn't see them having any trouble winning with Erden starting at center against Miami. Kritic is better than Erden. Which doesnt even matter since he won't be starting C during the playoffs and on any given night Shaq plays. Lets also not forget the fact that they made roster space in order to grab a couple more veterans. Jeff Green is a really good fit for this team, or so I think, we'll see.

If they add another veteran big man and another veteran 2/3, this team is better than it was if they had done nothing. If say a Troy Murphy is bought out, Bos. is going to look very nice to him, he'll be given a chance to play a lot of minutes at 2 positions. His rebounding and veteran team play would be all this team needs.

The other plus is they sold high on Perk.

Its really a good trade for both teams....Perk, if he stays healthy will give OKC a boost in the playoffs.

Giantwarrior
02-25-2011, 05:46 PM
my thoughts exactly , people are really overrating Perkins now

Were not overrating him, He is not that great individually. But his importance to team Defense on the Celtics was HUGE. He was a HUGE part of the Celtics team. thats why the trade has been so widely discussed.

did you know that the Celtics are undefeated in all the Playoff series with Perkins in the line up?

Gormans Mic
02-25-2011, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE]Originally Posted by Tony_Starks

Murphy? A washed up Rasheed? Are those even options? At the end of the day they disrupted a championship team because of money. Anybody that doesn't believe that is fooling themselves..../QUOTE]

When you are dealing with a salary cap and the ability to makes moves and now and in the future money IS an issue whether you like it or not. It has nothing to do with the owners being cheap.

Plus your analogy of this teams ability to win without Perkins is off. You have no idea what this teams roster will look like in 2 weeks. They didn't dump Harangody & Erden to pick up D leaguers or just for fun.

Gormans Mic
02-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Were not overrating him, He is not that great individually. But his importance to team Defense on the Celtics was HUGE. He was a HUGE part of the Celtics team. thats why the trade has been so widely discussed.

did you know that the Celtics are undefeated in all the Playoff series with Perkins in the line up?

Yeah.....I do. I understand Perkins value to this team, I also understand the way that it can be replaced and see the other big improvements they made. Bos. didn't need Perk to win game 7 against, they needed a couple viable big men period. They also could have used rest for Pierce who was running dead at that point. If Pierce and Allen score they might have won game 7 despite that. Kendrick Perkins doesnt put this team over the top...he just doesnt. Just my opinion...but I've watched 90% of this teams games year in and year out for almost 30 years now.

Hustlenomics
02-25-2011, 05:54 PM

yes you guys are overrating him he's replaceable you guys act like we're losing one of the big 4 and yes I know that and he's still no rondo,kg,ray,or pierce

PAOboston
02-25-2011, 05:55 PM

perkins was no doubt a big part of the c's defense but he isnt the most important link in that defense. the c's defense will be good with and without perkins as long as kg is healthy and playing. the c's go as KG goes. he makes that defense great. perkins is just a compliment ( a good one at that no doubt).

Lake_Show2416
02-25-2011, 06:12 PM
yes

bagwell368
02-25-2011, 07:00 PM

The guy averages about 25 MPG over the past 5 years and missed a huge amount of games this year yet somehow we did well without this all time "great".

He's got knee problems, he's always been overweight, his hands are awful. He plays good hard nosed D. But like Rondo, Allen and Pierce his D got MUCH better after KG showed up. He's the core of the D not Perk. Plus Perk wasn't going to be resigned.

Great trade.

Rivera
02-25-2011, 07:08 PM
did it weaken boston chances this year??? yes

can boston still win the nba finals?? yes

dc5jdm
02-25-2011, 07:48 PM
I want to say Chi is coming out of the East now, but il wait till waived players sign.

daboywonder2002
02-25-2011, 08:30 PM
you guys are really under rating perkins and what he did for your team. he was your best PHYSICAL defender.

Tony_Starks
02-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Im shocked some of you Celtic fans are actually rationalizing this trade like losing Perk is not a big huge enormous deal. But like Haweye said Im sure some of you same guys will be coming in here when they get bounced out the playoffs cursing Danny Ainge and this blunder of a trade.

At the end of the day what Perk did for them couldn't even be measured. As a Laker fan TRUST ME I know! When you had him in the hole you knew to expect hard fouls, big blocks, hustle and overall enforcement of the paint. You were in for a fight. Him and KG basically punked teams.

Without Perkins Boston isn't even scary anymore they're just another team.

tredigs
02-25-2011, 09:32 PM

Where is Shaq now? Or Jermaine O'Neal? They're major injury concerns, and Jermaine is effectively DONE as a competent competitor in this league. Shaq was meant to be Perkins' depth, and vice versa if the other goes down. Without them, they're good enough to walk over the average/solid teams of the league, but it's a whole different story in a 7 game series against the other elite teams; especially in the West.

By the way, reading comprehension is your friend. Never wrote that this gives any team - including Miami - a significant advantage over them. Simply saying that it decreases Boston's primary advantage significantly; which virtually every scout/GM/analyst has readily acknowledged along with me.

The bottom line is that he MAY have been expendable due to his knee issues, etc (tho' with Big Baby and dino/perennially injury ridden-Shaq as your primary bigs now, I'd disagree), but not for the pieces they received from OKC. On the other end, it 100% fulfilled the Thunder's primary weakness, and immediately vaults them to elite level on paper. Now let's see if they can put it together in the post-season over the next couple years. I have a feeling they can.

Edit: Bottom line is that the Celtics had the best/most complete team in the league last week; I was almost positive they were coming out of the East - now? They may still be the slight favorite, but everything's open.

Hustlenomics
02-25-2011, 10:22 PM
^ lmao!

Im shocked some of you Celtic fans are actually rationalizing this trade like losing Perk is not a big huge enormous deal. But like Haweye said Im sure some of you same guys will be coming in here when they get bounced out the playoffs cursing Danny Ainge and this blunder of a trade.

At the end of the day what Perk did for them couldn't even be measured. As a Laker fan TRUST ME I know! When you had him in the hole you knew to expect hard fouls, big blocks, hustle and overall enforcement of the paint. You were in for a fight. Him and KG basically punked teams.

Without Perkins Boston isn't even scary anymore they're just another team.

wow you guys are ridiculous :facepalm: don't even know what you're talking about

hugepatsfan
02-25-2011, 11:02 PM
I love Kendrick Perkins more than anyone. He is my favorite player and still will be now that he's in OKC. I wish him nothing but the best. But let's not overrate him. He is a beast defensively, no doubt. His attitude is a huge part of the BOS identity. But BOS has been great defensively this year. w/out a healthy Perk (or even any Perk at all except in 12 games). Perk is also a poor offensive player - his hand are terrible. On OKC, where they have better individual scorers, that isn't as big of an issue. But one of BOS's flaws is that they can go into scoring droubts because they don't have any great individual scorers (Pierce is no longer that guy consistantly). Perk is a big part of that problem.

In the playoff run last year, he only averaged 25 minutes per game. This year, he was probably going to average less. He would likely get about 20-22, Shaq 18-20, and the remaining 6-10 minutes per game at C would be played by KG and Big Baby in smaller lineups. Those are replaceable minutes.

When BOS won the title in 08, they used Posey as a PF a lot to create matchups. Jeff Green will do that for BOS this year. And that lineup is even better this year because Rondo is a better player, which means he can better take adavantage of the room created by the floor stretching lineup. Green doesn't shoot the ball as well as Posey (not even close), but he does help unpack the paint.

I think BOS is worse for this year, but not significantly. I think Green is a much better piece to have and pay long term money to as they try to transition to the next generation of Celtics, post Big 3. Perk isn't worth the money he will get, at least not to a rebuilding team. He fits a contending team much better, which is why OKC is a perfect spot for him long term.

2shady4u
02-25-2011, 11:06 PM
everybody should listen to "tony starks" more...kg and perkins clogged that paint and made it a dungeon to bring the ball in...perkins was a bruiser down low...i think danny helped them in the long run but really hurt them right now and i thought it was about winning it now since their window is almost closed

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-25-2011, 11:12 PM
You gotta love when people say that having Kendrick Perkins was the only advantage we had over the Heat. Do they know that Rajon Rondo is one of the best PG's in the league which also gave us a huge advantage over Miami in. It seems like everyone on this website is a dumb*** NBA analyst from ESPN. Yes, I mean Chris Broussard when I say that.

2shady4u
02-26-2011, 12:28 AM
the reason miami will be more difficult than before is because lebron will have it easier getting to the whole...not saying we didn't and can't beat them without perk but it gives him more wiggle room to the basket

2shady4u
02-26-2011, 12:32 AM
the one good thing for boston is since they have a more offensive oriented lineup now it works against miami cause miami isn't exactly known for defense...they gave up over a 100 tonight

icej
02-26-2011, 12:55 AM
the one good thing for boston is since they have a more offensive oriented lineup now it works against miami cause miami isn't exactly known for defense...they gave up over a 100 tonight

Nope, not when you get a bench player over a Starter. How can his offensive skill impact the game when 80% of the time he will be sitting in the bench, would he start over KG? No. Wold he get pierce's minutes? NO. His offensive skill's contribution off the bench will be like that off Nate Robinson's.(whom by the way they also lose in this trade) -- Meanwhile, they will now hurt inside, in a much greater scale than before.

2shady4u
02-26-2011, 01:31 AM
yea i see what you're saying ice but i wasnt talking about green but kristic or murphy since one of them will probly fill in for shaq when he's not in...i totally agree inside were weak and hurting which is why i didn't agree with the trade...all i meant was when shaqs out one of them will be in at center and they both have the mid range pop so you have to guard it but neither will be a presence inside like perk was so defense will lack severly

2shady4u
02-26-2011, 01:33 AM
i think lebron and wade will have a much easier time getting to the basket and i honestly think it will be a track meat...the reason we did well before was cause of our inside presence but that's now taken away so all boston can hope for is to outscore i guess which is not an easy task when you're talking about lebron and wade

koLohe2133
02-26-2011, 02:01 AM
Question: will the celtics be in the game for the last 3 mins?

Answer: Of course.

Question: Does Perkins close out games?

Answer: nope.

The more I think about this trade the more I like. Krstic is a damn good offensive center and the TEAM defense will help him immensely. Now we have A LOT more offensive firepower to score with the best of them. Just wait til we sign powe and Murphy too.....maybe sam d??

Everyone is acting like perk was the best defender.....he is NEVER MENTIONED AS A DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR CANDIDATE.....but do you know who is?

Kevin "mutha *******" Garnett

And we didnt trade him haters

2shady4u
02-26-2011, 02:19 AM
first off sac isnt letting go of sam d...second i would be happy to be proven wrong that murphy and shaq could do a good job on dwight or bynum...or be a defensive presence keeping lebron out of the paint...im a huge celtic fan would love to be proven wrong but kg cant be the one in the paint rebounding all the time just doesnt have the legs last thing i want is him landing wrong again...kg is the instigator that gets everyone to buy in but it cant just be him and some scrubs

2shady4u
02-26-2011, 02:25 AM
perkins was built like a beast...im not saying he was a great center but he did have a little pop and he wasnt a bad free throw shooter and people deff. feared coming into the paint against him...you think they're gonna fear JO or murphy? or even shaq for that matter cause of his age and how slow he is? again im a big celtic fan just realistic...pierce got some relief great but it leaves us with voids....look at how well it worked when we tried to replace powe and house...celtics have been through 2 players to try to replace powe (according to doc) and neither of them worked...i feel like were doing the same thing with perk right now

stawka
02-26-2011, 02:29 AM
The Celtics had the top 2 record in the kraut without Perkins, everyone was saying "they'll be better when he gets back"

Now they'll have a top 3 record in the league with the same players, except people will say "imagine when Green fits in with them

I was angry at the start coz I'm rooting for the C's this year, but I'm over it

Nighthawk
02-26-2011, 02:31 AM
With KG and Rondo this defense will still be great. Sure Perkins helped, but i dont think our chances declined at all. TEAM defense will still be our backbone and KG has always been that anchor. We also got back an offensively skilled 7 ft starting center and a huge do it all starting SF in Green who will come off our bench. Murphy im reading is the closest thing to a lock and wants to come to Boston. Maybe Powe comes back and energizes the guys. D.A freed up 3 spots. Im sure he has targets. I think we'll be fine. With or without Perk i think were title contenders. Perkins seems to be getting waaay overrated in my opinion

JustASportsFan
02-26-2011, 08:56 AM
As it stands now, the Celtics are slightly weaker for lack of depth. As long as Ainge fills in the empty roster spots with the right pieces, they will be able to make a strong run thru the playoffs. At first glance, these trades sounds crazy, but if you take a step back, you can gain a better insight as to why Ainge pulled the trigger and made these changes.

1. The improved offensive and defensive play of Big Baby in the post.
2. The "center by committee" before Perk's return was 33-10, which includes going 5-2 vs. MIA, ORL, and CHI. The team was only 8-4 since Perk returned to the lineup.
3. The fact that KP was able to comeback when he did. If he didn't get those 12 games under his belt, I don't think Ainge would have been able to trade him.
4. As of today, the Celtics allow the fewest points/game and are the 3rd best in opponent FG%.

The trades allow more lineup flexibility. Picking up Jeff Green, it gives Doc a taller option for guarding the likes of LeBron, Turkgolu, Melo, instead of the smaller Pierce. This relieves Pierce of expending too much energy on the defensive end which is sorely needed since he is still the team's best scorer.

PHX2daDEATH
02-26-2011, 09:20 AM
As it stands now, the Celtics are slightly weaker for lack of depth. As long as Ainge fills in the empty roster spots with the right pieces, they will be able to make a strong run thru the playoffs. At first glance, these trades sounds crazy, but if you take a step back, you can gain a better insight as to why Ainge pulled the trigger and made these changes.

1. The improved offensive and defensive play of Big Baby in the post.
2. The "center by committee" before Perk's return was 33-10, which includes going 5-2 vs. MIA, ORL, and CHI. The team was only 8-4 since Perk returned to the lineup.
3. The fact that KP was able to comeback when he did. If he didn't get those 12 games under his belt, I don't think Ainge would have been able to trade him.
4. As of today, the Celtics allow the fewest points/game and are the 3rd best in opponent FG%.

The trades allow more lineup flexibility. Picking up Jeff Green, it gives Doc a taller option for guarding the likes of LeBron, Turkgolu, Melo, instead of the smaller Pierce. This relieves Pierce of expending too much energy on the defensive end which is sorely needed since he is still the team's best scorer.
never thought of it this way..KG and Ray wont be around forever Celts only need another all-star caliber player after they are gone..to compete with the heat and the knicks, if KD werent locked up for 5 years he'd be perfect in celtic green with they things are going lately..

Daze9900
02-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Boston will still beat Miami, Perkins or no Perkins. What they did was add another defender to pester LeBron.

+1 I don't see how everyone is bypassing this. Ray Ray wasn't going to guard Lebron or Wade this year in the playoffs. That would have been their downfall. They still have bigs, Garnett is their anchor defensively. They'll be fine guys.

hugepatsfan
02-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Nope, not when you get a bench player over a Starter. How can his offensive skill impact the game when 80% of the time he will be sitting in the bench, would he start over KG? No. Wold he get pierce's minutes? NO. His offensive skill's contribution off the bench will be like that off Nate Robinson's.(whom by the way they also lose in this trade) -- Meanwhile, they will now hurt inside, in a much greater scale than before.

Nate is a nothing on this team. Delonte West is back and was going to take all of Nate's minutes anyways. In the playoffs, the Celtics will only use a backup PG for 10-15 minutes (some of that time will actually be spent at SG). Delonte was going to get all of those minutes, not Nate.

And Jeff Green may be a bench piece he will play just as much as Perk would have. Perk was going to get 20-22 minutes a night at C come playoff time. Shaqu was probably getting 18-20. Then Baby and KG in small linueps would play the remaining time. Green will that same 20-22 minutes per game that Perk would have.

Not saying I like this trade, but Green will contribute just as much as Perk would in terms of strictly minutes played. And Nate was done in BOS, so he's just a throw-in.

hugepatsfan
02-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Rondo - 41 minutes
Ray - 39 minutes
Pierce - 38 minutes
KG - 34 minutes
Shaq - 22 minutes

Big Baby - 24 minutes
Jeff Green - 22 minutes
Delonte West - 13 minutes
(Unknown Big Man) - 7 minutes

That's how I see BOS's playoff rotation going. They'll add another big (or maybe Krisitc is that guy, we'll see) and he'll come in and give them another body at C for those last 7 minutes per game.

If Perk was here I would have just given him Green's minutes. Then BOS would have had to aquire another wing player, because a backup to Pierce was undoubetbly the biggest needs on BOS's roster. I don't like that Dany created another hole to fill that one, but something had to be done at the backup SF spot.

The BodyGuard °
02-26-2011, 11:17 AM
All I gotta say is Good Luck

Giantwarrior
02-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Celtics will not have the best record in the East thats for sure. they will lose home court advantage.

Giantwarrior
02-26-2011, 11:30 AM
your biggest hole is Center. remember the game 7 last year? Lakers had like 25 offensive rebounds. you will miss Perkins big time. he's plays major role in team and help defense.

The BodyGuard °
02-26-2011, 11:46 AM
your biggest hole is Center. remember the game 7 last year? Lakers had like 25 offensive rebounds. you will miss Perkins big time. he's plays major role in team and help defense.

Exactly, now they expect Kristic to fill in Perkins role? Sry I don't think so

Vee-Rex
02-26-2011, 12:18 PM
The only reason why the Lakers dominated game 7 in the finals on the rebounds is because Perkin's injury limited the Celtics bigs to 3 people. They had to rotate Sheed, Baby, and KG with no other big man.

You can't compare that to this year where they have KG, Baby, Shaq, Krystic, and J-O'neal. If the Celtics can manage to claim another big man off waivers (only for fear of injuries from the O'neal brothers) then trading Perkins was a great thing.

Remember, the Celtics remained the top team in the East with one of the best defenses in the league all year when most of it was w/o Perkins.

bagwell368
02-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Exactly, now they expect Kristic to fill in Perkins role? Sry I don't think so

Try thinking of more then one thing at a time.

Why did the Celts trade its two rookie bigs for a #2 NEXT YEAR? Because a #2 is worth anything to them? Or to make room for two more guys?

With Perkins size/weight and injury issue the past 9 months why would ANYONE assume he'll be for sure ready at playoff time? He's a better bet then JO, but that's about as far as I would go.

I'm glad he'll never travel for us with one of those ridiculous high dribbles of his.

I can safely say Rondo will be able to assail the single season APG mark in the next year or two w/o anymore of his perfect passes clanging out of bounds off of Perkins awful hands. That will be good.

It will be good when the other team has to have their Center watch who we have in there instead of drifting off to help because Perk isn't any threat on offense without the ball, a poor jumper who can be out rebounded w/o even having to block him out that much, and a major threat to get called for 3 seconds.

Good player. Scarcity of the position will drive his price up and his crappy work habits and joint injuries will make whomever signs him very sorry by the end of the deal. Book it.

Now let's see Krstic work with a team committed to D before we write him off as O only.

lasthe
02-26-2011, 05:45 PM
I give him credit for taking a risk

Gram
02-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Jeff Green is pretty cool.