PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Brooks to Phoenix for Dragic / 1st?

pistonsfanomg
02-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Just heard it on NBA Tonight

Update:

The Suns "likely" are trading Goran Dragic and a first-round draft choice to Houston for Aaron Brooks, a source said.

Update:

Suns trade Goran Dragic and the Suns first round pick (lottery protected) for Aaron Brooks.

ElishaJ1030
02-24-2011, 04:04 PM
wow...another move

Slimsim
02-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Wow he will be a good backup

iggypop123
02-24-2011, 04:05 PM
what happens to dragic??
oh ok they got traded. wow they send them a first too!

FLMeth06
02-24-2011, 04:06 PM
what happens to dragic??

Maybe Nash is on his way out ? :shrug:

pistonsfanomg
wow...another move

yeah I'm trying to find the news online but theres none right now

It was just reported to NBA Tonight but they didn't give out the details yet

alexander_37
please let us get Nash!

WolvesJagsOs
02-24-2011, 04:07 PM
The Suns "likely" are trading Goran Dragic and a first-round draft choice to Houston for Aaron Brooks, a source said. now

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter_media.html#ixzz1EuPHMlaa

Cano4prez
02-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Yes he's been traded

Swashcuff
02-24-2011, 04:08 PM
yeah I'm trying to find the news online but theres none right now

It was just reported to NBA Tonight but they didn't give out the details yet

http://twitter.com/paulcoro

The Suns "likely" are trading Goran Dragic and a first-round draft choice to Houston for Aaron Brooks, a source said.

pistonsfanomg
02-24-2011, 04:11 PM
http://twitter.com/paulcoro

thank you so much lol but the Tonight crew made it sound like it happened.

Slimsim
02-24-2011, 04:16 PM
morey did it again

_Supreme_
02-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Brooks has been playing like poo lately, but I guess Phoenix got a guy for the future if/when Nash goes elsewhere.

pistonsfanomg
02-24-2011, 04:19 PM
There's a rumor Gerald Wallace just got traded to the Blazers
not sure how true that is....

AddiX
02-24-2011, 04:20 PM
I thought dragic was suppose to be suns future pg?

I'm guessing he's regressed?

sunnydayin'zona
02-24-2011, 04:22 PM
http://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo

confirmed.

Rockets trade guard Aaron Brooks to Suns for guard Goran Dragic, source tells Y!

and also...

Oklahoma City has acquired center Nazr Mohammed from Charlotte for D.J. White and Mo Peterson, source tells Y! Sports.

J-Relo
02-24-2011, 04:23 PM
I thought dragic was suppose to be suns future pg?

I'm guessing he's regressed?

He didn't show up this season. Played lesser role of a distributor too.

JPHX
02-24-2011, 04:26 PM

Well Brooks isnt much of a distributor either. more of a chucker. idk i would have prefered to keep this group but whatev. good luck goran.

pistonsfanomg
02-24-2011, 04:30 PM
No question mark needed for this now lol

Htownballa1622
02-24-2011, 04:35 PM
morey did it again

Ehh kinda.
We got picks and turned expirings into young players.

I just hope this lets us play twill

0nekhmer
02-24-2011, 04:37 PM
i dont understand the direction phoenix is headed.. are they rebuilding or trying to get back into playoffs? trade nash! he deserves better..

Lim
02-24-2011, 06:05 PM
thats a steal for phx imo

mightybosstone
02-24-2011, 06:12 PM
thats a steal for phx imo

I actually think it's a steal for Houston considering Brooks' contract is up at the end of the season. The Rockets get one more cheap season of Dragic after this and a first round draft pick, while Phoenix gets a few months as Nash's back up and then he'll be a restricted free agent.

If the Rockets weren't going to re-sign Brooks in the offseason, then they essentially get a very talented back up point guard and a late 1st rounder for next to nothing.

Lim
02-24-2011, 06:17 PM
I actually think it's a steal for Houston considering Brooks' contract is up at the end of the season. The Rockets get one more cheap season of Dragic after this and a first round draft pick, while Phoenix gets a few months as Nash's back up and then he'll be a restricted free agent.

If the Rockets weren't going to re-sign Brooks in the offseason, then they essentially get a very talented back up point guard and a late 1st rounder for next to nothing.

hmm i didnt know brooks is a FA after this season. if he was under contract for a bit then it was a steal for phx. i guess phx is confident they can convince brooks to resign, they will prob tell him he is the pg of the future since nash is obviously on his way out. if they have no intention of trying to get him to resign then i have no idea why they did this deal.

ClayMatthews
02-24-2011, 06:20 PM
That would be sick.

John Walls Era
02-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Houston with 3 first round picks this year. Morey is ready for the post Yao era. They could possibly trade 2 of them to Kahn for their lottery pick (joke, but it is Kahn....).

rhino17
02-24-2011, 06:40 PM
hmm i didnt know brooks is a FA after this season. if he was under contract for a bit then it was a steal for phx. i guess phx is confident they can convince brooks to resign, they will prob tell him he is the pg of the future since nash is obviously on his way out. if they have no intention of trying to get him to resign then i have no idea why they did this deal.

Brooks is a restricted Free Agent this offseason, so the Suns can keep him if they want no matter what

I think this was a pretty dumb trade for the rockets

Chronz
02-24-2011, 06:47 PM

Rational Rockets fan

Brooks is a restricted Free Agent this offseason, so the Suns can keep him if they want no matter what

I think this was a pretty dumb trade for the rockets
Irrational Rockets fan

Crackadalic
02-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Brooks complain about not starting. Idk how this will help him unless nash turns brooks into a 2 time mvp soon

Swashcuff
02-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Rational Rockets fan

Irrational Rockets fan

:laugh:

rhino17
02-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Rational Rockets fan

Irrational Rockets fan

Grow up kid

AI4MVP
02-24-2011, 06:53 PM
i think PHX will easily keep Brooks. Think about it, who needs a pg right now enough to pay him more then phx would match??

I love Goran Dragic, ill root for him, but the matter of the fact is he was not effective this year at all and Aaron Brooks is a huuuge upgrade at the backup point guard

The Jokemaker
02-24-2011, 06:56 PM
Interesting move. Dragic was amazing in the playoffs last season but apparently quickly fell out of favor. Good move for Phoenix though. Brooks is a dynamite player and can score. Him and Nash could be a good combo.

Madtown22
02-24-2011, 07:03 PM
brooks that much of an upgrade?

AI4MVP
02-24-2011, 10:23 PM
brooks that much of an upgrade?

yes. by far. wish dragic could have continued to improve, but he just wasnt playing well

JPHX
02-24-2011, 10:30 PM
Suns upgraded on offense, downgraded on defense.

FlashMacker
02-24-2011, 10:41 PM
They should trade Nash in the summer and get some young players for him. And then they have a solid PG in Brooks. I think that was a great pick up.

astrosmaniac
02-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Brooks has played like crap. Poor shooting, no defense, timid shot selection

FlashMacker
02-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Brooks has played like crap. Poor shooting, no defense, timid shot selection

Dang. Just looked it up he's only shooting 28% from 3, that's not good :(

AI4MVP
02-24-2011, 10:51 PM
pretty much the trade was almost even enough that suns fans will think they won and rockets fan will think the same.

AddiX
02-24-2011, 11:11 PM

That's surprising, last year he looked like a tough kid who was on the right path.

FlashMacker
02-24-2011, 11:13 PM
That's surprising, last year he looked like a tough kid who was on the right path.

Brooks? Dragic? Well hopefully they both start playing good again.

AddiX
02-24-2011, 11:24 PM
Brooks? Dragic? Well hopefully they both start playing good again.

Dragic...

I guess you could say both tbh though.

But last year Dragic looked like he had the ability to run a team one day. Was just surprised to hear how far hes fallen off.

AI4MVP
02-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Brooks
Dudley
Pietrus
Warrick
Gortat.

best bench in the nba undebatable

king4day
02-25-2011, 12:43 AM

Supposedly there's more to the story then just trying to upgrade at backup PG.

Supposed sources are saying Nash will be dealt at the draft and that we needed a legit starter to hold the fort for a new potential PG we get.
There may have been behind the scenes problems too.

Unsure how legit the sources are but none the less, Brooks won't be able to command more than 4 or 5 from us (likely) and the way he's talked so far, it sounds like he wants to stay.

FlashMacker
02-25-2011, 12:46 AM
Supposedly there's more to the story then just trying to upgrade at backup PG.

Supposed sources are saying Nash will be dealt at the draft and that we needed a legit starter to hold the fort for a new potential PG we get.
There may have been behind the scenes problems too.

Unsure how legit the sources are but none the less, Brooks won't be able to command more than 4 or 5 from us (likely) and the way he's talked so far, it sounds like he wants to stay.

Cool. :cool: The future PG of the Suns. Aaron Brooks! :D Hopefully he gets rejuvenated and starts playing better again. ;)

AI4MVP
02-25-2011, 12:50 AM
aaron brooks will be a phoenix suns next year. name one team in the nba that needs a pg that would overpay him to a point that phx wouldnt match?? exactly.

also, Brooks is only 1 year older then Dragic. Fact of the matter is, Dragic shows flashes, but more often then not he looks like he just doesnt belong in the NBA. Its tough for me to say this because noone supported him and rooted for him more then me. out of anyone in the nba i wished for his success the most. But honestly, i havent seen dragic beat his man to get to the rim once this whole year. I havent seen a single bit of aggression out of him. He dribbles the ball up the court, passes it when he gets over the line, and disappears for the rest of the offensive position. I could do more then that.

but if suns management came to me with this offer and asked for my approval, i would have told them hell yes.

AI4MVP
02-25-2011, 12:50 AM
aaron brooks will be a phoenix suns next year. name one team in the nba that needs a pg that would overpay him to a point that phx wouldnt match?? exactly.

also, Brooks is only 1 year older then Dragic. Fact of the matter is, Dragic shows flashes, but more often then not he looks like he just doesnt belong in the NBA. Its tough for me to say this because noone supported him and rooted for him more then me. out of anyone in the nba i wished for his success the most. But honestly, i havent seen dragic beat his man to get to the rim once this whole year. I havent seen a single bit of aggression out of him. He dribbles the ball up the court, passes it when he gets over the line, and disappears for the rest of the offensive position. I could do more then that.

but if suns management came to me with this offer and asked for my approval, i would have told them hell yes.

Duncan = Donkey
02-25-2011, 01:00 AM
Im ok with the trade considering how Dragic has been playing this year this year, his gone back to his scared ways like he was when Porter was here. Wish him the best though.

Jahari Kavi
02-25-2011, 01:04 AM
I hate this trade as a rockets fan........................best of luck AB and Shane.........

astrosmaniac
02-25-2011, 01:07 AM

considering who is available in this upcoming FA class, maybe. how many PGs out in the market will be better? point is he hasnt been playing anything close to starter caliber basketball this year and im sure hell get offered starter money. thats why we dealt him

Ollie Tabooger
02-25-2011, 02:07 AM
Time to get my favorite player's new jersey :)