PDA

View Full Version : Who wins Executive of the year?

Bornknick73
02-24-2011, 03:20 PM
I see it as a 2 horse race between Riley and Walsh.

Homerism aside I have to give it to Walsh, after 3 long years and 10 losing seasons he grabbed 2 Star players the old fashioned way.

I think the voters will take the collusion theory into account when they consider Riles. And he had Wade to start with.

Walsh took nothing and turned it into StoudeMelo in 3 short years after a payroll disaster of almost 98 million dollars for a 28 win team.

Whiel Melo was predicted to come here Walsh still had to make it happen and its was a very tough road to get it done. He had to deal with all the rumors of Isiah, he had to deal with the buffoonery of James Dolan and the handcuffs placed on him by Mike D'antoni who wouldnt play pieces he acquired.

Riley blew up his team based off speculated, although it is the consensus opinion of most of the sporting world, inside information regarding his Big 3 formation.

While Riley made the bigger splash Walsh had the tougher road and obstacles to overcome.

Riley will probably win but Walsh should win.

Melo15
02-24-2011, 03:33 PM
I think it's far from a two man race at this point. But, you have to think Riley will end up winning it.

dhopisthename
02-24-2011, 03:36 PM
there isn't a way riley doesn't get it unless unless the knicks trade for dwight or something

Chest Rockwell
02-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Riley/Wade

Sly Guy
02-24-2011, 03:44 PM
I don't think anyone can justify landing the top 3 free agents all in the same season not being exec of the year.

C-Wick925
02-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Duuumars dumars gotta be joe d

o btw dumb poll u need to atleast have an "other" not everyone thinks riley or walsh

GeekInThePink
02-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Walsh will not win this award. Stoudemire wanted to play in New York, Anthony wanted to play in New York. Both were bound to end up in New York one way or another, and he overpaid for Anthony instead of waiting to sign him next year.

da1nonlydre16
02-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Riley, no question about it, but walsh definitely deserves a lot of credit for bringing NY basketball back to stardom, cant wait for the Heat/Knicks again

Mudvayne91
02-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Walsh will not win this award. Stoudemire wanted to play in New York, Anthony wanted to play in New York. Both were bound to end up in New York one way or another, and he overpaid for Anthony instead of waiting to sign him next year.

This. You could make the argument Masai Uriji made the better trade out of the two. Not saying he should win it though.

td0tsfinest
02-24-2011, 03:57 PM
When you sign the best player in basketball, along with two other superstars, its your award to lose. Definitely not a two man race. It's Riley up front with everyone else behind him.

Slimsim
02-24-2011, 04:20 PM
that **** sucker Riley

HoopsDrive
02-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Pat Riley has already won the award.

RedRicanoBx
02-24-2011, 04:35 PM

Heat was in playoffs last year Knicks weren't

Lbj and bosh wanted to play in Mia also smh

Knicks made plenty of trades Mia signed people

But yea Riley should win it took alot of work

Not being sarcastic I promise -____-

Gambeezy
02-24-2011, 04:37 PM
um Riley.. it's not close.

Hoopsadvocate
02-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Are you kidding me???

RIley pulls of the biggest hiest in FA history getting the top 3 coveted players including the reigning mvp and all for LESS money than the max.

Walsh did a good job salvaging a franchise but in the end he settled for the last option in the FA pool and payed him way more than the top 3 got payed and then acquired a guy whos an amazing scorer but not even a top 8 player and also plays no defense.

Youd all give ur left testicle to have ur GMs get two of the top 3 players in the game not 2 of the top 10 scorers who do little besides that.

Not to mention keeping UD haslem for much less than he was offered and Mike miller and a bunch of vets for pennies. Its not even close.

HakeemTheDream
02-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Burford. He picked up Gary Neal who went undrafted, he picked up Blair who was the biggest steal in the draft, and he picked up Splitter who is also a steal for how late he got picked.

Hoopsadvocate
02-24-2011, 06:43 PM
I see it as a 2 horse race between Riley and Walsh.

Homerism aside I have to give it to Walsh, after 3 long years and 10 losing seasons he grabbed 2 Star players the old fashioned way.

I think the voters will take the collusion theory into account when they consider Riles. And he had Wade to start with.

Walsh took nothing and turned it into StoudeMelo in 3 short years after a payroll disaster of almost 98 million dollars for a 28 win team.

Whiel Melo was predicted to come here Walsh still had to make it happen and its was a very tough road to get it done. He had to deal with all the rumors of Isiah, he had to deal with the buffoonery of James Dolan and the handcuffs placed on him by Mike D'antoni who wouldnt play pieces he acquired.

Riley blew up his team based off speculated, although it is the consensus opinion of most of the sporting world, inside information regarding his Big 3 formation.

While Riley made the bigger splash Walsh had the tougher road and obstacles to overcome.

Riley will probably win but Walsh should win.

LMFAO!!! u realize the knicks did the same thing in blowing up their team for cap space to sign to max contracts.

Only difference is Rileys gamble payed off and was able to wiggle in another 3rd max (close to it) Walsh then had to do damage control as to not end up with anything.

Walsh had the tougher road because he put them in that situation when he gambled it.

He doesnt deserve an award more because he screwed up thinking lebron and another superstar wanted to play their and then had to go about scrambling to get any other big name to get there. In the end Walsh didnt get his 1st option or 2nd or probably 3rd he got what was left.

Dont kid urself this wasnt the knicks plan A. Meanwhile riley pulled off the dream in his 1st attempt by going up 1 on 1 against every gm in the league at the same time over the summer. so 1 on 1 speaking riley won.

NYKSpiritBomb
02-24-2011, 06:51 PM
neither impressed me...the players chose where they wanted to play, walsh probably put in more work.

kswissdaf
02-24-2011, 06:58 PM
I mean how can you honestly say its a competition. Riley pulled off the biggest off season in sports history

SANDBURG23
02-24-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm the winner hands down. If all of the exec's listened to my trade ideas they would all be better off. Hands down me.

kswissdaf
02-24-2011, 07:02 PM
All i got to say is............ DISCOUNTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bravo95
02-24-2011, 07:24 PM
Riley or Buford.

shizzle09
02-24-2011, 07:32 PM
seriously?????? Riley got the 3 big FA's for 50 million less over the life of the contracts. Walsh gave up a **** ton to get the guy that made it quite known he wanted to play in NY and only NY. Riley is as big a lock to win this award as Griffin was to win the dunk contest.

pinkfloyd
02-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Is that a trick question? (In Stephen A Smith's voice after Gasol trade).

shizzle09
02-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Riley or Buford.

Holy sig pics!! now thats a badunkadunk booty

pinkfloyd
02-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Pat Riley will win this even if the knicks get Michael Jordan, Bill Russel, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird etc out of retirement now. Pat Riley pulled the greatest off-season in pro-sports history. I cannot believe this is a serious question.

Jonathan2323
02-24-2011, 07:35 PM
The HEAT had 1 player under contract this offseason.

No question who should win it

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-24-2011, 07:37 PM
What a dumbass question... Whats even more pathetic is the fact people are voting for the Knicks.

is the Hate that bad?!

blahblahyoutoo
02-24-2011, 08:09 PM

agreed. walsh overpaid for stat as well.

but by the same token, wade, lebron and chill were planning their moves on their own 2 summers ago so riley shouldn't win either.

Chitownhero14
02-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Out of those 2, riley! But i dont think either of them gets it, OKC should get it!

SteveNash
02-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Walsh is one of the most overrated executives ever. He's mostly taking credit for all of Isiah's hard work. If it wasn't for Isiah, Carmelo wouldn't even be a Knick.

Evolution23
02-24-2011, 08:16 PM
gota go with walsh. He got Amare which everyone thought wouldn't work without nash. Then he drafted Fields in the 2nd round who many believe to be ROY if it wasn't for Griffin counting this yhear ashis rookie year. Then ofcourse he got Melo.

Evolution23
02-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Walsh is one of the most overrated executives ever. He's mostly taking credit for all of Isiah's hard work. If it wasn't for Isiah, Carmelo wouldn't even be a Knick.

Isiah had nothing to do with Melo.

Nate David+ Co.
02-24-2011, 08:21 PM

Yepp, you taking a roster full of nobodys and trading them for cap space and then getting amar'e to sign. yepp def overrated.
yeah trading for melo. overrated. isiah didn't have anything to do with Melo.
Get your facts right. Walsh took a terrible team that was the laughing stock and turned it around in 2 years.
Walsh should be the GM of the Year. All Riley did was "convince" James and Bosh. Not like they hadn't already decided ;)

Get your facts together man :facepalm:

Evolution23
02-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Riley got rid of Beasely who is a much better player than Bosh is and doesn't get enough credit. He signed Mike Miller who hasn't done anything this season. Also the big 3 weren't brought in by Riley, they were planning to come here regardless, so why does Riley get any credit? He also managed to keep Spolstra as head coach(not too bright). How is he GM of the year?

SteveNash
02-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Yepp, you taking a roster full of nobodys and trading them for cap space and then getting amar'e to sign. yepp def overrated.
yeah trading for melo. overrated. isiah didn't have anything to do with Melo.
Get your facts right. Walsh took a terrible team that was the laughing stock and turned it around in 2 years.
Walsh should be the GM of the Year. All Riley did was "convince" James and Bosh. Not like they hadn't already decided ;)

Get your facts together man :facepalm:

Riley did the same thing, but was able to sign better players and formed an elite team.

Isiah was reportedly directly involved in the Carmelo trade.

shizzle09
02-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Riley got rid of Beasely who is a much better player than Bosh is and doesn't get enough credit. He signed Mike Miller who hasn't done anything this season. Also the big 3 weren't brought in by Riley, they were planning to come here regardless, so why does Riley get any credit? He also managed to keep Spolstra as head coach(not too bright). How is he GM of the year?

they're 41-15 after starting 9-8. I'd say what Riley put together is off to a good "start". Beasley better than Bosh? Are you high??? Beasley made so many bone head plays. The guy has skills but come on now he's nowhere close to Bosh. Did you forget Bosh avg'd 24-10 last year when he was the main guy. Beasley isnt putting up those numbers in Minny. Regardless of how the players came to the decision to stay Riley started this plan the moment Wade signed his last contract. 3 years of releasing/trading players and then getting the Big 3 to take less money. It is Riley end of story.

Evolution23
02-24-2011, 08:47 PM
they're 41-15 after starting 9-8. I'd say what Riley put together is off to a good "start". Beasley better than Bosh? Are you high??? Beasley made so many bone head plays. The guy has skills but come on now he's nowhere close to Bosh. Did you forget Bosh avg'd 24-10 last year when he was the main guy. Beasley isnt putting up those numbers in Minny. Regardless of how the players came to the decision to stay Riley started this plan the moment Wade signed his last contract. 3 years of releasing/trading players and then getting the Big 3 to take less money. It is Riley end of story.

Bealey is still young and has potential to be an true superstar. I think they should have kept him and signed some good role players and and bigs. That seems to be the problem with the Heat, they are small and get killed by big men.

Hoopsadvocate
02-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Bealey is still young and has potential to be an true superstar. I think they should have kept him and signed some good role players and and bigs. That seems to be the problem with the Heat, they are small and get killed by big men.

We traded him so we can get role players (miller/haslem) Beasley was not going to have any ptoential as a 4th option. He needed to be set free.