PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Mavs chasing Prince and JR Smith

LTBaByyy
02-24-2011, 04:17 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/25316/sources-mavs-chasing-prince-smith

Prince? Yes!!

Smith? No bc we already have a 6th man that does the same thing, Terry

I feel like at this point the biggest trade is the trade you dont make

Gators123
02-24-2011, 04:19 AM
It will be hard for the Pistons to make a trade with the current owner situation. Prince would be a great fit in Dallas though.

Crackadalic
02-24-2011, 04:19 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/25316/sources-mavs-chasing-prince-smith

Prince? Yes!!

I think Prince can really benefit for you guys. Good defender and has a lot of playoff experience

shep33
02-24-2011, 04:20 AM
Prince would make them very very good, JR doesn't make sense though.

iggypop123
02-24-2011, 04:22 AM
the article suggests neither is a real possiblity. detroit wouldnt really trade prince anyways since they are only offering a butler swap. denver can get better offers for smith.

shep33
02-24-2011, 04:25 AM
Yeah why would Detroit do this? Butler is injured anyways, while Prince is also an expiring if i'm correct? Financially and in a basketball sense it makes no sense for the Pistons.

Don't get why they'd go after JR Smith unless they deal Terry

shep33
02-24-2011, 04:29 AM
I don't like these Mavs rumors, it tells me that they aren't too convinced with their own team. I mean they're playing pretty good ball, Marion and Stevenson can both play the sf pretty well, despite Stevenson being kinda small.

Ebbs
02-24-2011, 04:33 AM
We should get G-Wall if Portland doesn't get him. Or S Jax would be cool.

Mudvayne91
02-24-2011, 04:36 AM

Prince? Yes!!

I am pretty sure Denver isn't really fielding any calls for JR.

levignjw
02-24-2011, 04:41 AM
Yeah why would Detroit do this? Butler is injured anyways, while Prince is also an expiring if i'm correct? Financially and in a basketball sense it makes no sense for the Pistons.

Yea, exactly. Everyone has been screaming for the Pistons to make a trade but there is no reason to give Tayshaun away for peanuts when he is going to be coming off the books next season. Unless the Mavs up their offer they won't get Prince.

JDMVP
02-24-2011, 04:48 AM
Here comes Mark Cuban again, seriously i get all the stuff about if u have a chance to get better why not? but in this case I think Dallas should not do anything they are playing some great basketball right now why change?

CBCable
02-24-2011, 04:48 AM
Hoping for a half court buzzer beater in the form of Gerald Wallace but it looks like Mavs are standing pat.

Taking our chances.

JJ_JKidd
02-24-2011, 07:37 AM
The only question mark in the Mavs team right now is Kidd. They need a scoring PG. My man is old and slow. Other than that, they are pretty much stacked up in all positions.

Guard - because Dallas guards can play either

Kidd
Roddy
Terry
Barea
Stevenson

Forward

Dirk
Marion
Peja
Kidd (sometimes)

Center

Chandler
Haywood
Mahinmi

That's pretty stacked esp at the guard position.

tdunk21
02-24-2011, 11:52 AM

mavs have been involved in just about every trade rumor so far from melo to harris.....i dont see it happening either....

Avenged
02-24-2011, 12:02 PM
The Mavs are after everyone but continue to get no one. Just stand pat, that team is really good, lets see how far this Dallas team can take them.

JordansBulls
02-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Unless the Mavs can get someone in a buyout, no need to trade what they got now.

fadedmario
02-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Prince would help anyone. A true professional.

tdunk21
02-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Prince update

http://twitter.com/#!/wojyahoonba

Detroit won't deal Tayshaun Prince to Mavs for Caron Butler and a 1st. Even if Pistons can't re-sign him, he's asset in sign-and-trade.

td0tsfinest
02-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Prince would be a good fit. Not sure about JR Smith though.

driz
02-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Yea, exactly. Everyone has been screaming for the Pistons to make a trade but there is no reason to give Tayshaun away for peanuts when he is going to be coming off the books next season. Unless the Mavs up their offer they won't get Prince.

It makes sense from where I'm standing because Joe D. has a mancrush on Tay, and has already said he plans on resigning him at the end of the season. Need to save him from himself and making these BAD decisions.

210Don
02-24-2011, 02:32 PM
guess they wont get either stein reports denver wont trade jr smith

John Walls Era
02-24-2011, 02:32 PM
They don't need JR. They could definitely use Prince though.

Baller1
02-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Prince needs to come to OKC. And JR needs to go to Chicago.

FinsSuperBowl
02-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Mark Cuban is a smart dude. He just gets involved in trade talks just so no team can get an easy trade to make them a contender. He force these other teams to up the ante on the players that they want. He is goin to stand pat unless he gets an offer that he cant refuse

Phenomenonsense
02-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Prince update

http://twitter.com/#!/wojyahoonba

Wow? I was really hoping for that exact trade. Weird.

fadedmario
02-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Wow? I was really hoping for that exact trade. Weird.

We better accept it... Dumars is probably trying to include Hamilton