PDA

View Full Version : Didn;t Take Very Long for the Owners to Steal Some Power Back

episodenone
02-24-2011, 01:37 AM
Ever since "The Decision" people all over the place have argued over if it was a good thing or not.

Whichever way you feel - it was a game-changer --- for the first time in a long time, and maybe ever, it looked as if players were gonna have the absolute power over where they got to play once they neared the end of their initial contracts.

Other than "Holding Out" like say that kid Ricky Rubio - and kind of refusing to play somewhere you didn't want to -- and didn't necessarily have to considering that the NBA isn't the only way to make a living playing b-ball anymore -- especially for foreigners

Next you had CP3 kinda demanding a trade, and then kinda letting that all slip away when it seemed so overly aggressive following The Decision
Then his joke an Melo's wedding
Then he just kinda never brought it up again

Next we have Melo - who basically held an entire team [and a few others] hostage until he got exactly what he wanted - the trade to the Knicks

UNTIL....

Deron Williams

From all reports - he is pissed
Doesn't want to play for the Nets at all!
Was looking to pull either a Melo or LBJ when his time came...
And in swoops the trade

No dice - no more demanding where you want to go for superstars - and not even likely waiting out your contract and becoming a free-agent

The owners / GM's figured all this out pretty darn quickly -- and I am not sure we're gonna see a whole lot more demands in the near future...

of course - all that being said - we still have a new CBA to guess at -- and something tells me the Melo / LBJ situations guarantee the owners will make sure to work in some way to nip this in the bud from now on

so much for the players calling the shots and building their own dynasties....

episodenone
02-24-2011, 01:41 AM
oh, and if i were deron -- and all my buddies were tweeting about how mad i was and what not -- i'd be so damn pissed

just what i want - to be booed my first game

makes him loo like he got his coach fired and whined about being traded -- not the reputation everyone had given him of being such a gentleman and coachable guy

Bornknick73
02-24-2011, 02:01 AM
Which is why CP3 will end up on the Knicks sooner than later and Dwight will end up in LA sooner than later.

The pre-emptive trade is the way to avoid this nonsense...**** them before they **** you seems to be the way to go.

2shady4u
02-24-2011, 02:13 AM
i don't personally dislike lebron he's one of the most talented athletes we've ever seen but that whole hour long special he did was absolutely ridiculous...i know he made money and donated it and that's his excuse but you couldn't even let your team know before you announced it to the world? you left them hanging and wondering with all there eggs in one basket....that's pretty ****** and for that reason every owner is afraid their star player is going to up and leave so they might as well get something for them which is a big reason why the new CBA is so complicated and both sides are so far apart

iggypop123
02-24-2011, 02:17 AM
this is why there will be a lockout. the owners havent done anything. if the same cba was intact for another 10 yrs dwill would screw the nets and go to another team.

2shady4u
02-24-2011, 02:26 AM
@iggy:
oh dwill isnt staying with the nets...you really think a guy who isnt happy about being traded who liked it where he was whose with a team that's going nowhere with nobody else but him and maybe if you consider brooke lopez another piece is gonna stay? keep in mind his contract is for another 2 years so that's AFTER the new CBA is constructed...the money wont be a factor cause it wont fall under this CBA...no way he stays...i think nj mortgaged some players and picks for someone who won't want to resign

The Final Boss
02-24-2011, 02:30 AM
Who's Lebron James?