PDA

View Full Version : Why is miami trying to trade

xxplayerxx23
02-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Mike miller?? What can they get for him. I imagin there not going to get much for him.

justinnum1
02-23-2011, 04:54 PM
just like every team, we are seeing what our options are.

The Jokemaker
02-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Apparently Lebron needs even more help than Wade and Bosh... Maybe they can get Dwight and Paul...

But all jokeness aside, who knows. My guess would be for a Center.

godolphins
02-23-2011, 04:55 PM
WallaceHeatNBA

Mike Miller said he got assurances from Pat Riley regarding trade rumors, unless Heat "can get Dwight Howard or somebody."
They were just rumors

abe_froman
02-23-2011, 04:56 PM
because he hasnt been as good as they hoped,they have holes to fill and he's the best trade piece they got outside of the big 3.

and they wont get much for him unless an owner/gm is trying to do them a favor

stlbest5in2013
02-23-2011, 04:57 PM
i guess we need 2 mike miller threads. why wasnt this man an all star????????

The Jokemaker
02-23-2011, 04:59 PM

Being hurt doesn't help. Neither does the fact that Glee Three score the majority of the points.

xxplayerxx23
02-23-2011, 04:59 PM

You must be very intrested For going down to write this and then clicking submit. It was a simple question didnt see the other thread have a nice day

HakeemTheDream
02-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Because clutch statistics say he's the worst clutch player in the league shooting 15% in the crunch. Chokers don't win championships.

Lake_Show2416
02-23-2011, 05:01 PM
everyone in the east is catching up fast... after seeing wut the Celtics frontcourt can do to them, I think they have a strong need for some size

stlbest5in2013
02-23-2011, 05:02 PM
im not mad, just that you seem to be the tye that visits this forum at least once a day, if not more. so i thought you would have seen the thread on it already.

footballer2369
02-23-2011, 05:02 PM
It's really because the Heat are looking to add another borderline star and need Mike's salary in any kind of package for that kind of player.

xxplayerxx23
02-23-2011, 05:04 PM
im not mad, just that you seem to be the tye that visits this forum at least once a day, if not more. so i thought you would have seen the thread on it already.

Ive been on a lot of late but didnt see it. Im not on this much usally

Tuck&Rolle
02-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Um to get better.. lol

Madtown22
02-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Mike Miller is at church right now hoping he can ride this one out! haha

sep11ie
02-23-2011, 05:19 PM
WallaceHeatNBA

They were just rumors

Cause GM's are always truthful and all.

dtmagnet
02-23-2011, 05:23 PM
They must be sick of looking at his nasty facial hair, I know I would be.

footballer2369
02-23-2011, 05:25 PM
They must be sick of looking at his nasty facial hair, I know I would be.

His facial hair is ill.

king4day
02-23-2011, 05:35 PM
I thought he was a good signing and he may still prove to be if he stays healthy and shakes off the rust. The problem is, teams know he is injury prone and he's seen as a shooter. He's expensive for that.

And not that it should be a reason not to deal with Miami, but you may have some bitter owners not willing to make a deal to help them out. A team trading for Miller has to be in contention since not many subpar teams will look to add that salary.

gotoHcarolina52
02-23-2011, 05:41 PM
@Salapingo_Sports

HEAT have inquired about Nene and Al Jefferson. Mike Miller would be involved in either deal. Have also looked at Luke Ridnour and Milicic. Trade not imminent.

small3
02-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Heat should get Felton.

gotoHcarolina52
02-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Heat should go after Marc Gasol.

king4day
02-23-2011, 05:57 PM
@Salapingo_Sports

They probably were hoping that one of the teams was looking at a salary dump.
Why would they want Jefferson unless they were gonna trade bosh?

smith&wesson
02-23-2011, 06:06 PM
the heat should trade mike miller for greg oden.

they get the size they are looking for , and if oden can stay healthy he can be a huge part of the heat team, and when haslem fully comes back they get theyre big men in the low post. its a low risk deal, i would do it if i was riley.

J-Relo
02-23-2011, 06:08 PM
just rumors...

kntresistheheat
02-23-2011, 06:15 PM
@Salapingo_Sports

This has to be fake. Post a link??

small3
02-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Guys Heat gotta match salaries in some way -- not just talent.

Marc Gasol for Mike Miller?

Dude, seriously?

Felton for Miller plus some trash .... could work.

small3
02-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Plus you are signing Eddy Curry for nothing and he is good for 10 points a night in the paint.

gotoHcarolina52
02-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Plus you are signing Eddy Curry for nothing and he is good for 10 points a night in the paint.

Ten points? More like 10 pies. Fat beeyacht

PhillyFaninLA
02-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Mike Miller might get you 2 support players...and since they have three stars they need and better support players.

if your not trying to get better your getting worse.

PhillyFaninLA
02-23-2011, 06:40 PM
This has to be fake. Post a link??

Below is from espn insider....if your not an insider member then posting a link would be pointless.

Miami head coach Erik Spoelstra told The Miami Herald Tuesday that he and president Pat Riley feel they have enough talent on the team and probably won't make a trade.

"We haven't seen our full roster healthy this year for significant periods of time. ... I feel like we have enough," Spoelstra said. "We didn't expect this would be easy. Come on -- this is as competitive our conference has been in a long time. ... What we've done so far is not good enough. ... If [Riley] feels there's an opportunity to help the team, he'll do it, even when most people don't think there's an opportunity."

That opportunity might come by trading Mike Miller. ESPN.com's Brian Windhorst reports Riley is checking around to see if anyone wants the swingman.

It's unlikely that Riley can find a taker since Miller's been injured all season and is in the first season of a five-year, $29 million contract.

Riley might make a move after March 1 when a bunch of players could agree to buyouts and become free agents.

bringinwood
02-23-2011, 06:42 PM
They should try to get Dalembert from Sac-town....

They need size, not points...

Dalembert would be great for their system...

LayZbone
02-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Miller's not going anywhere. He took less money to be here, he has close ties with several players (Lebron, Haslem). I know it's the nature of the business, so if the perfect deal comes along, Riley would have to pull the trigger. But I can't imagine any team would hook us up with a starting C and/or PG for Miller whose value isn't that high right now. He's still a perfect fit for this team. Those of you who say otherwise, because you're just looking at the boxscore and assume it's a failed experiment....you have no idea what you're talking about. Miller is still an excellent shooter, one of our best rebounders w/ Haslem out (he gets more boards than anyone for the time he's on the floor), and unlike our other spot-ups (House, Jones, Arroyo), Miller can actually create for others, making him a perfect substitute for Lebron or Wade when one of them needs rest.

superkegger
02-23-2011, 06:55 PM
the heat should trade mike miller for greg oden.

they get the size they are looking for , and if oden can stay healthy he can be a huge part of the heat team, and when haslem fully comes back they get theyre big men in the low post. its a low risk deal, i would do it if i was riley.

Why not just wait to sign Oden in the offseason then? He can't even play this year, so that makes zero sense for a title conteder to ship out an active player who can contribute for a guy who will just sit in a suit on the sideline.

LA_Raiders
02-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Might be looking for another crybaby so they can have a complete team...

KDM1986
02-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Tough to see them getting anything worth while considering Millers contract and length.

thekmp211
02-23-2011, 07:42 PM
jones and house have really shouldered the 3 point shooting load for the heat well. clearly, the offense they run now doesn't need him to be effective. they probably should have thrown that money at a center, but i remember liking the signing at the time so you can't blame miami.

not sure they can get much for him, anyway.

godolphins
02-23-2011, 07:42 PM
WojYahooNBA: Miami has been trying to pry Brendan Haywood, offering Mike Miller as part of package, but Mavs have consistently resisted, source says.

dodie53
02-23-2011, 07:54 PM
MM sweating bullets.
hehe

thekmp211
02-23-2011, 07:55 PM
WojYahooNBA: Miami has been trying to pry Brendan Haywood, offering Mike Miller as part of package, but Mavs have consistently resisted, source says.

why? if the heat threw in joel anthony, i'd do that trade. heywood is not that good, but i bet he'd start trying more in miami.

h2r09
02-23-2011, 07:57 PM
i swear if we trade mike miller and dont get a pg id be extremely pissed. we need a pg. we are fine with the centers.

D Roses Bulls
02-23-2011, 07:59 PM
WallaceHeatNBA

They were just rumors

Sam Amico Twitter:
Heat have clearly made Mike Miller available. Very little interest there from anyone :eyebrow:

CrotchetyOldMan
02-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Because even Riley knows they still have no shot at the Finals with only three NBA starters on the whole team...

ellisgw
02-23-2011, 08:03 PM
heat should go after felton

RedRicanoBx
02-23-2011, 08:04 PM
cause they scared DUHHH lol

ClayMatthews
02-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Their jealous they didnt get melo or williams.. Cant always have the best..

godolphins
02-23-2011, 08:21 PM
i swear if we trade mike miller and dont get a pg id be extremely pissed. we need a pg. we are fine with the centers.
No a center is much more of a need than PG since Wade or Lebron can handle the ball at any point

godolphins
02-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Sam Amico Twitter: :eyebrow:
You didn't have to give me the eye brow :pity:

:laugh2:

D Roses Bulls
02-23-2011, 08:26 PM
You didn't have to give me the eye brow :pity:

:laugh2:

it just felt right to do at the time :)

DCB/LAL
02-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Thats what he gets for signing for a discount... tried to help them win a ring and signed cheap now his ***** might get traded and STILL be paid at the discount but sadly for him not for a contender.

Should set an example for other players who wanna jump on teams nuts by signing cheap and trying to win a ring.

Kyben36
02-23-2011, 09:02 PM
so they can get a big who isnt ****, what they have now wont hold up in the playoffs.

footballer2369
02-23-2011, 09:03 PM
Thats what he gets for signing for a discount... tried to help them win a ring and signed cheap now his ***** might get traded and STILL be paid at the discount but sadly for him not for a contender.

Should set an example for other players who wanna jump on teams nuts by signing cheap and trying to win a ring.

If he's traded it will probably be to Dallas, Memphis or Denver, so they won't be cellar dwellers...

I don't think he'll be traded though.

LayZbone
02-23-2011, 09:04 PM
He's not gettin traded...

D Roses Bulls
02-23-2011, 09:05 PM
I think this will hurt miami when it comes to signing future players. sign with miami on the discount and you might be traded

LayZbone
02-23-2011, 09:10 PM
I think this will hurt miami when it comes to signing future players. sign with miami on the discount and you might be traded

which is exactly why they won't do it! I mean you make a good point. "Hey, come sign here for the MLE. We'll just trade you in a couple months." If anything, Pat's just making his rounds. He can't help himself. But he won't trade Miller and especially not Haslem...unless it's a monstrous upgrade.

Arch Stanton
02-24-2011, 12:19 AM
I heard the Heat got rid of Beasley because he looked too much like Delonte. Not joking.

LayZbone
02-24-2011, 12:21 AM
I heard the Heat got rid of Beasley because he looked too much like Delonte. Not joking.

From Beasley's father's twitter lol. Guy's a jokester, like father like son. Love the Beez though.

Arch Stanton
02-24-2011, 12:30 AM
From Beasley's father's twitter lol. Guy's a jokester, like father like son. Love the Beez though.

Oh really so it is true. Or as a joke.

LayZbone
02-24-2011, 12:38 AM
Oh really so it is true. Or as a joke.

Joke. Lebron wanted Miller, and the team thought his 3-pt shooting was a better fit next to the big 3. Remember, Miller was 2nd last season in 3pt%. Had to give away Beasley to make space.

Gambeezy
02-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Um to get better.. lol

This.

It took a recruit to give you the most obvious and simplest answer.

Bornknick73
02-24-2011, 02:07 AM
because those morons figured out that letting homeboys decide your salary structure was ****ing stupid. They got no bench and if one of those guys goes down they are ****ed.

They should have grabbed their Jordan and Pippen and filled out the bench. Bosh is a luxury and really isnt needed. Id trade his *** for big time bench help and a real C or PG.

The Knicks might be in a similar boat but there is no one on the Heat bench better than Toney Douglas or Fields.

beasted86
02-24-2011, 02:14 AM
because those morons figured out that letting homeboys decide your salary structure was ****ing stupid. They got no bench and if one of those guys goes down they are ****ed.

They should have grabbed their Jordan and Pippen and filled out the bench. Bosh is a luxury and really isnt needed. Id trade his *** for big time bench help and a real C or PG.

The Knicks might be in a similar boat but there is no one on the Heat bench better than Toney Douglas or Fields.

Except Landry Fields is a starter, and Toney Douglas slumped hard and has stunk all of December & January.

Mike Miller over his last 12 games is averaging 9.6 PPG, 6.9 REB, 47% FG, 44% 3PT. Haslem > Anyone in the Knicks front court not named Amare, starter or bench. The Heat's depth has been injured all season, but we do have players off the bench.

The L Train
02-24-2011, 02:24 AM
Except Landry Fields is a starter, and Toney Douglas slumped hard and has stunk all of December & January.

Mike Miller over his last 12 games is averaging 9.6 PPG, 6.9 REB, 47% FG, 44% 3PT. Haslem > Anyone in the Knicks front court not named Amare, starter or bench. The Heat's depth has been injured all season, but we do have players off the bench.

Wait, what??

Haslem better than Fields, Billups, and Melo?

beasted86
02-24-2011, 02:30 AM
Wait, what??

Do you know the difference between front court, back court, and wing positions?

drew_ellis_23
02-24-2011, 02:44 AM

:clap:

Duddy
02-24-2011, 03:01 AM
Wait, what??

Yeah, all front court players :facepalm:

heatfan03
02-24-2011, 03:06 AM
the reason the heat have said he is available but are not pushing for a MM trade is the improvement of James Jones and the trouble Miller has had integrating into the lineup.

Miller is one of my favorite players on the heat and I wouldn't want to see it anything short of a decent PG or decent C also with joel anthony involved hopefully. but I don't see many options out there but if something too good to pass up comes around heat gotta take it

jkcronyn
02-24-2011, 03:22 AM
Greg oden!

Gambeezy
02-24-2011, 04:53 AM
Wait, what??

The FaiL Train.

Plus, dangling Miller infront of other teams most likely wasn't going to produce any ideal trades for the HEAT. Certainly worth a shot though.

Knicks21
02-24-2011, 06:58 AM
The FaiL Train.

Plus, dangling Miller infront of other teams most likely wasn't going to produce any ideal trades for the HEAT. Certainly worth a shot though.

Why the heck every time you speak have to say 'HEAT'. Why not just Heat?

Knicks21
02-24-2011, 06:59 AM

Fields is a starter and Haslem is better than Douglas. Our bench is shithouse atm.

HakeemTheDream
02-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Field's is a bad defender. Toney Douglas is a very good defender at either guard position (which will come in handy so Wade doesn't have to chase Ray Allen around all those screens. The Perkins screens can really take you out). Spike Lee better take that Field's jersey off and recognize, Toney Douglas is the one who needs more love.

Bulls_fan90
02-24-2011, 07:54 AM

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586375

It gets my vote for "worst thread of the year"

The L Train
02-24-2011, 12:36 PM

I do. Apparently I just can't read complete sentences. My bad.

mikealike305
02-24-2011, 12:55 PM
I do. Apparently I just can't read complete sentences. My bad.

lol nice save

Gambeezy
02-24-2011, 01:00 PM

I appreciate grammatical accuracy I suppose.

It's technically spelled in all caps. :laugh2:

I couldn't tell you why.