PDA

View Full Version : Blazers Shopping Greg Oden

Kdirt
02-23-2011, 03:59 PM
One of the more interesting recent NBA trade rumors involves Greg Oden, the former No. 1 overall pick that has seen his career fizzle due to a number of serious injuries. The Portland Trail Blazers may finally be moving on from him, if they can. They have offered him in a number of trades, according to Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated..

nickdymez
02-23-2011, 04:01 PM
good..

Frrrrank!!!
02-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Gotta feel for Oden.

*Superman*
02-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Thunder.

Watch him get full health and totally dominate!

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Suns should take him. Only their training staff could do something with him.

jrm2054
02-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Nets

lvlheaded
02-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Nets

They probably would do it to try and sell D-Will on staying...if Oden were ever healthy, he would be great.

Hawkeye15
02-23-2011, 04:16 PM
I really hope the Wolves get involved if Oden is indeed on the market. He is worth the risk if he can get healthy

theducksmuggler
02-23-2011, 04:30 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4qfyj7s
thunder need to jump on this because if he becomes healthy, he is all they need and he is still young, do u think the blazers would take cole aldrich, thabo sefolosha and maybe a pick for him?

bahama0811
02-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Why the hell would anyone want him? He's never healthy.

The Jokemaker
02-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Depending on asking price, I'd take a gamble on him!

Madtown22
02-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Legit asking price? What is he worth. The Wolves would love him. He fits the mold of our squad. Lotto players with loads of talent.

JeffG20
02-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Would be a nice pick up for a playoff team that needs depth. Not a guy I particularly want to depend on every night

olrales
02-23-2011, 04:35 PM
As a Blazers/Raptors fan, I hope Raps take a gamble with him! Really!

Giraffes Rule
02-23-2011, 04:36 PM

I'd love to have him on the Spurs. Wouldn't trade for him though.

Savage Sunday
02-23-2011, 04:37 PM

Because hes 23. Has proven in limited action to be an Elite rebounder, Elite shotblocker, & good finisher around the basket.

In physical ability alone at the C position, only Dwight Howard has a better mix of strength/athleticism. Center is important, just look at what the addition of Tyson Chandler has done to Dallas and what Bynum provides when healthy in the Playoffs. Dont forget what Perk provides to Boston.

If he can get healthy is important, but thats a problem many teams would want to have because Oden IMO is better than Chandler, Bynum, & Perkins.

GuySir
02-23-2011, 04:38 PM

A team like the Pistons might want him, Arnie Kander is a magician with injured players. I don't think TMac has missed a game all year.

thekmp211
02-23-2011, 04:38 PM
so guys...what do you give up for a guy like oden, right now?

Savage Sunday
02-23-2011, 04:39 PM
A healthy Oden can average 15/12/3. Even Sam Bowie(who Oden gets compared to) put together some healthy seasons in his career.

So we know one day it will happen for Oden. When it does watch him be a defensive force.

Savage Sunday
02-23-2011, 04:40 PM

I'd give up any pick not in the Top 5 for him. The 2011 Draft is horrible.

GuySir
02-23-2011, 04:41 PM

I don't know what they'd want from Detroit. I'd offer Rip, Tayshaun, and our 1st and see if they laugh or not.

CowboysKB24
02-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Too risky. He can't stay healthy and he hasn't proved anything. It doesn't look like he is going to stay healthy and there is no evidence he is going to be even a good player. If the Blazers felt like he was going to become healthy and make an impact they wouldn't have him on the market.

GodsSon
02-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Jose Calderon for Oden plus filler

Phenomenonsense
02-23-2011, 04:44 PM
I don't know what they'd want from Detroit. I'd offer Rip, Tayshaun, and our 1st and see if they laugh or not.

Lol of course they'd laugh. I'd go with our first as the centerpiece of the deal, make contracts they want to fill it up. Wilcox? Maxiell? Not necessarily great players, but more serviceable than someone who doesn't play. How much does he make anyway?

Hawkeye15
02-23-2011, 04:45 PM

Telfair and a late 1st rounder probably. Portland would get a bit of cap relief, and a pick.

CowboysKB24
02-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Because hes 23. Has proven in limited action to be an Elite rebounder, Elite shotblocker, & good finisher around the basket.

In physical ability alone at the C position, only Dwight Howard has a better mix of strength/athleticism. Center is important, just look at what the addition of Tyson Chandler has done to Dallas and what Bynum provides when healthy in the Playoffs. Dont forget what Perk provides to Boston.

If he can get healthy is important, but thats a problem many teams would want to have because Oden IMO is better than Chandler, Bynum, & Perkins.

You have got to be kidding me. The guy has played 13 games in three seasons in the NBA. He isn't elite anything and HAS NOT proven anything whatsoever except he gets injured easily. You are comparing him to guys that are out of his league. His body control, coordination, form, footwork, needs a lot of work. If I was 7 foot tall I could average 8 rebounds and 1.2 blocks too. Not impressive at all. Ridiculous.

WizFan3
02-23-2011, 04:47 PM
send him and roy and 1st rounder for hinrich and armstrong!!!

GuySir
02-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Lol of course they'd laugh. I'd go with our first as the centerpiece of the deal, make contracts they want to fill it up. Wilcox? Maxiell? Not necessarily great players, but more serviceable than someone who doesn't play. How much does he make anyway?

Ugh, I forgot about making the numbers match. I don't think we'd be able to pull anything off, maybe just make him an offer in the offseason instead.

Daye#5
02-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Hes sitting at about 6.5 million 1 yr contract. I wouldn't say that we give up our first but maybe somehow work tay or rip in there. I would honestly give up anything that isn't Jonas, Monroe and our first round pick at this point. Possibly not daye either.

Phenomenonsense
02-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Ugh, I forgot about making the numbers match. I don't think we'd be able to pull anything off, maybe just make him an offer in the offseason instead.

Maybe Maxiell + Summers + Pick for Oden + one person (roster requirements).
Maybe Wilcox + Summers + Pick for Oden + one person + 2nd rounder.

Who knows.

Phenomenonsense
02-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Hes sitting at about 6.5 million 1 yr contract. I wouldn't say that we give up our first but maybe somehow work tay or rip in there. I would honestly give up anything that isn't Jonas, Monroe and our first round pick at this point. Possibly not daye either.

Daye would be a stretch. Our first is going to be a gamble regardless, might as well gamble on someone with his potential. I feel you on not wanting to give it up for him. I'd trade anyone not named Daye/Monroe/Jerebko for him. Maybe 2 second rounders?

Daye#5
02-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Daye would be a stretch. Our first is going to be a gamble regardless, might as well gamble on someone with his potential. I feel you on not wanting to give it up for him. I'd trade anyone not named Daye/Monroe/Jerebko for him. Maybe 2 second rounders?

I would like to give up the 2 second rounders for him, I mean if this Wallace thing is true then portland could use some picks. Although its funny, seeing as dumars has proven that he can draft better in the 2nd than the first :P

jkcronyn
02-23-2011, 04:56 PM
why would the pistons need another young center? we have monroe... haha i just think it's lame all around we honestly aren't going to make a move and if we do, i would expect it to be as stupid as letting someone go for oden.

Daye#5
02-23-2011, 05:02 PM
why would the pistons need another young center? we have monroe... haha i just think it's lame all around we honestly aren't going to make a move and if we do, i would expect it to be as stupid as letting someone go for oden.

Monroe could easily play the 4, I mean he has for part of the season this year. We just need a strong inside presence. I think oden if healthy, would make a great combo with monroe. Our inside game is still pretty bad.

Chronz
02-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Telfair and a late 1st rounder probably. Portland would get a bit of cap relief, and a pick.

Telfair?

Hawkeye15
02-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Telfair?

oh its a joke of an offer, but Portland can't expect anything more than slight cap relief and a late 1st rounder with Oden's injury issues.

I think he may be on the table, but he isn't going anywhere

Lakeshow86
Is he a expiring contract? thats the only way i see anyone wanting him. Hes damanged goods. Very Bad knees. even worse than Yao and Bynum.

Madtown22
How about the Wolves give Our Late #1 Toliver and Telfair We win

ClayMatthews
02-23-2011, 05:12 PM
I know hes always hurt but wouldnt mind if milwaukee took a chance on him. They good ship redd and another body away.

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Is he a expiring contract? thats the only way i see anyone wanting him. Hes damanged goods. Very Bad knees. even worse than Yao and Bynum.
He's expiring but it's not a huge contract.

tangent12
02-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Alright let's see who the dumbest team in the NBA is.

The BodyGuard
02-23-2011, 05:16 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4qfyj7s
thunder need to jump on this because if he becomes healthy, he is all they need and he is still young, do u think the blazers would take cole aldrich, thabo sefolosha and maybe a pick for him?

NO! Why would we give up 2 great young future players for a injured Oden? ? Bad trade

smith&wesson
02-23-2011, 05:24 PM
if portland trades him and he becomes healthy on his new team and starts beasting ill laugh my *** off.

EaglesJackson10
02-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Sixers please.

Post No Billz
02-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Is he even slated to come back this year? If so, I'm sure Isiah can manage to influence Dolan into signing him.

Jaydes
02-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Sixers please.

This!

Sixers have a dire need for a center and have the peices to make a decent offer.

I would take the risk with him. Plus is't not like Ed can F things up any worse....

If Collins and the Sixers can turn Brand around....hopefully Oden could too

Post No Billz
02-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Bring him to the Knicks. He can borrow Patrick Ewings knee pads!

hyb152
02-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Thunder.

Watch him get full health and totally dominate!

Wouldn't be surprised if that happened. He has a tremendous amount of upside. He's just gotta get healthy. I can definitely see him getting healthy either in Portland or somewhere else and becoming dominant.

YankeesR#2
02-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Los Angeles, where 16 championships happen!

Nick, I don't want to burst your bubble but Los Angeles is not the place where 16 or more championships happened, that distinction goes to BOSTON, as in The Boston Celtics.

The Los Angeles "Land of 1000 Lakes" Lakers won the first five of their championships in Minneapolis led by a man George Mikan who to the best of my knowledge never set foot in Los Angles.

FrenchSunsFan
02-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Suns cause we have the best medical staff .

gbpackers12
02-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Pistons, please consider this. :pray: If he can stay healthy he could be a good C.

TrueFan420
02-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Nick, I don't want to burst your bubble but Los Angeles is not the place where 16 or more championships happened, that distinction goes to BOSTON, as in The Boston Celtics.

The Los Angeles "Land of 1000 Lakes" Lakers won the first five of their championships in Minneapolis led by a man George Mikan who to the best of my knowledge never set foot in Los Angles.

hahahahaha smart a$s

goose15
02-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Roger Mason Jr & a fruit roll-up for Oden..

Swashcuff
02-23-2011, 07:34 PM
A healthy Oden can average 15/12/3. Even Sam Bowie(who Oden gets compared to) put together some healthy seasons in his career.

So we know one day it will happen for Oden. When it does watch him be a defensive force.

:nod:

Swashcuff
02-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Sixers please.

YES!!!! Nocioni, Hawes and a pick.

Swashcuff
02-23-2011, 07:49 PM
A healthy Greg Oden on the Hawks would be pretty interesting. He could put them into elite status. Would also allow them to move Horford to PF and trade Josh Smith in the process. If not for JJ's contract being so horrendous they could have theoretically been able to keep all of those players long term.

sintaks12
02-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Roger Mason Jr & a fruit roll-up for Oden..

I think beer just shot out my nose. I don't know how they say no... especially if that ish is a strawberry rollup.

You watch though, someone will take a chance and he'll finally stay healthy and Portland will be like... :facepalm:

thekmp211
02-23-2011, 08:08 PM
tough call with this. if portland is really serious about trading him, they can't really expect to get back much more than cap relief. which would be a pretty big joke if he ever stayed healthy through the whole season.

it all depends on what the team doctors think about his health prospects. if they really think he's going to stay fragile then why not get something for him as opposed to just letting him walk as a free agent. tricky situation.

dc5jdm
02-23-2011, 10:26 PM

same Laker franchise, had they changed names than it would be different.
You just know the Los Angeles Lakers will soon pass the Celtics as the NBA leading Franchise in NBA titles.

Tblaze
02-23-2011, 10:30 PM
If they're giving up on him, I'm pretty sure they have doubts on him ever walking again or smth...

unleashthebeast
02-23-2011, 10:38 PM
joel anthony, jamaal magloire carlos arroyo and a 2nd :D

DwayneMVPwade
02-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Hope the Raps get him. We desperately need a true center

Tblaze
02-23-2011, 10:50 PM
Hope the Raps get him. We desperately need a true center

if you desperately need one on your injury list yes he's the guy to go with...

Lab Rat Robby
02-24-2011, 12:18 AM
i think the magic should take a shot on him. that could potentially be a major powerhouse post with howard, good enough to get him to stick around and explore even.

Lab Rat Robby
02-24-2011, 12:20 AM
of course if they'd take old *** mcdyess and some picks, i think pop could manage his minutes enough to keep him healthy and we'd get a true look at splitter this year with the minutes freed up in the big rotation.