PDA

View Full Version : Are the Jazz ok in the brain?

ManOnFire
02-23-2011, 03:45 PM
I understand the jizz not wanting to lose Williams for no assets in return, but they just gave up a star for a pg already on his way out, an unproven rookie, and some draft picks. The man is a flatout stud and they certainly could have received more in return. They lose a hall of fame coach and now a franchise player. I know they have some good pieces...but what is going through their minds? They unloaded him much too early. Bunch of noobs running that organization. Theyre going down in flames.

jrm2054
02-23-2011, 03:48 PM
it was a bad trade for the jazz imo

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 03:52 PM
True, they definitely could've gotten more. But atleast they're getting two lottery picks I believe.

ManOnFire
02-23-2011, 03:57 PM
The Nuggets were asking for too much for Melo and the jizz were asking for too little for a player of equal value in Williams....BTW anyone know how good the picks are?

Bucsfan
02-23-2011, 03:58 PM
stupid thread, not a bad trade at all

BigBlueCrew
02-23-2011, 03:59 PM
The reason they got so little in return is because of the extension. He could be back on the Jazz in two years (although unlikely).

NYMetros
02-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Any time your team trades away a superstar, it's a bad trade. The only way to win in this league is to stockpile as many superstars as possible. The Jazz had 1, they now have 0.

pebloemer
02-23-2011, 04:01 PM
I thought it was a great return for DWill. He's an incredible talent, but just over a year of his services for a big man with incredible potential drafted Top 5 this year (Favors), two other lottery picks and Devin Harris is an exceptional return. They wait to deal him, he loses value. It was a safe move by an organization that tends to be conservative with their personel.

ManOnFire
02-23-2011, 04:03 PM
stupid thread, not a bad trade at all

They traded a STAR for Harris and Favors....not too many elite players in the league and when u have one, you just dont let him go that easy. Your selling your him short.

ManOnFire
02-23-2011, 04:05 PM
I thought it was a great return for DWill. He's an incredible talent, but just over a year of his services for a big man with incredible potential drafted Top 5 this year (Favors), two other lottery picks and Devin Harris is an exceptional return. They wait to deal him, he loses value. It was a safe move by an organization that tends to be conservative with their personel.

I can understand this...they are definitely known for this.

Baller1
02-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Has any team ever self- destructed as quickly as Utah has.

Damn...

Frantico
02-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Manonfire are you okay in the brain? Did you want Utah to follow in the path of Denver and Cleveland? Come on man, this was a great move for them! It's one of the smallest markets in the league, the guy did not want to be there, he ran one of the greatest coaches of all time out of town, and he'd lost the trust of his team mates. Now, yes, they may suck this year but watch out... with NJ's and GS's number 1 picks next year, with potential like Favors, with bright young rookies like Hayward and Evans, and with serious money coming off the books (see AK47) this is a move for the future.

And by the way... I doubt they are even close to being done with trades...

Giraffes Rule
02-23-2011, 04:12 PM
The Jizz? Really bro?:rolleyes:

bal_ravens
02-23-2011, 04:13 PM
I actually liked this trade. They get the Nets first rounder, which will most likely be a top 5.

Frrrrank!!!
02-23-2011, 04:14 PM
"Jizz" :laugh2:

ManOnFire
02-23-2011, 04:14 PM
The Jizz? Really bro?:rolleyes:

lol

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Those two lottery picks are really big plus Favors has the potential. So it's actually not a bad trade.

ManOnFire
02-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Those two lottery picks are really big plus Favors has the potential. So it's actually not a bad trade.

i guess i got so used to seeing the nuggets asking for 4 picks and players in return for Melo. Althought not so sure how valuable this coming years pick will be seeing as the upcoming draft is a bit underwhelming.

Homertone
02-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Don't forget that Utah's system makes almost any point guard they throw in there look great. We'll see how well Deron plays in a system where he has less structure. I'm guessing ppg goes up, assists and shooting percentages come down.

thekmp211
02-23-2011, 04:24 PM
its not a ton less than the knicks gave up for melo, really. harris has been struggling, but he's young and still a decent starter, no worse than felton, gallo or chandler. favors was considered by most to be the guy with the most upside in the melo talks. 2 first round picks could end up being more valuable than the ones the knicks gave up.

the thing is, d-will is the 1/2nd best pg in the game. probably a better all around player than melo, and while the trade values are closer imo than some think, this one is still a steal. big time. it's up to the nets now to find some players to put around him. great move, though.

bahama0811
02-23-2011, 04:27 PM
If you can't make a thread without using the derogatory term than I don't think you really need to make a thread.