PDA

View Full Version : Better Trade: Knicks or Nets?

Pages : [1] 2

*Superman*
02-23-2011, 03:25 PM
The New Jersey Nets traded for Deron Williams in exchange for Derrick Favors, Devin Harris and two first-round picks (Nets and Warriors in 2011).

The New York Knicks traded for Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Anthony Carter, Renaldo Balkman, Shelden Williams, and Corey Brewer. They sent Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Raymond Felton, Timofey Mozgov, Eddy Curry and Anthony Randolph.

Who completed the better trade?

*If a mod can add a poll.*

quiksilver2491
02-23-2011, 03:26 PM
Poll?

The Nets got the better player for cheaper, how did they not have the better trade?

hdxstunts1
02-23-2011, 03:28 PM
The Nets got a star for wayyyyy cheaper. They win this battle, BUT they need to make more moves or that star will leave quickly!

MelkyNYY
02-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Easily the Nets. Not only did the Nets force the Knicks to overpay, but they seemed to be the only team bidding on D-Will and they got him for two players they soured on and 2 of their 5 first round picks.

Jonathan2323
02-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Tough choice, but the Knicks are in a better position to win now and they also got Billups.

metsfanssince05
02-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Knicks.

The nets still arnt going to be winning alot of games. D-will is going to be angry with the team and leave.. The nets have no good players to move, the only thing they have to depend on is free agency.

Kashmir13579
02-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Poll?

The Nets got the better player for cheaper, how did they not have the better trade?

Because Williams didn't want to go to NJ and his contract is up in a couple seasons.

Chacarron
02-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Knicks got the safer deal. Nets got the cheaper deal.

HT9Canada
02-23-2011, 03:35 PM
nets win this trade debacle easy. both teams got some great players but nets got williams for less. this all might change if they can't resign d-will but right now, easy nets

justinnum1
02-23-2011, 03:36 PM
nets for sure

bahama0811
02-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Nets got the better deal although there is still the question of D-Will leaving.

*Superman*
02-23-2011, 03:37 PM
How good will the picks be for the Jazz? A lottery pick from the Nets and a pick under 17 from the Warriors?

quiksilver2491
02-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Because Williams didn't want to go to NJ and his contract is up in a couple seasons.

Source?

The only thing that Knicks can use to rationalize the fact that NJ got a much better deal for a better player is the D-Will might leave in 2012.

GoatMilk
02-23-2011, 03:38 PM
i want to say nets because if deron doesnt re-sign, they'll just trade him
but who knows what they'd get back

PC
02-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Tough choice, but the Knicks are in a better position to win now and they also got Billups.

This is definitely being overlooked. Felton's definitely hit a wall lately and Billups right now is a definite upgrade over Ray. In either case, it's likely they wouldn't have been brought back after next season.

Quietmoney
02-23-2011, 03:41 PM
The nets basically did a non garunteed deal. Something we would have never done, something no team that isn't desperate would do. People have to understand that draft picks are becoming more of a hot commodity because small market teams are gonna look to build through the draft and save money. The Nets gave up two first rounders which might could've netted you someone next year with an extension in place. Instead they just made a trade for a player that wants to win now and the Nets aren't in that position yet which may be a problem when it's time to sign him back.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-23-2011, 03:42 PM
i want to say nets because if deron doesnt re-sign, they'll just trade him
but who knows what they'd get back

Felton, Chandler, Gallo, Mozgoz, a few 1st rounders and 3 million cash

PC
Apparently the Nets GM said that DWill was very excited to join them. I figured they would have talked to him before the deal became official so that's no surprise

John Walls Era
Nets. Deron Williams is a better player than Melo.

PatsSoxKnicks
02-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Source?

The only thing that Knicks can use to rationalize the fact that NJ got a much better deal for a better player is the D-Will might leave in 2012.

#
@STEIN_LINE_HQ RT @tribjazz: Jazz's Williams is not happy with trade about 2 hours ago

That might is probably 50-50 that he leaves. Thats a pretty big risk. Unless the Nets upgrade their talent and depending on the new CBA, he will probably leave. Even if the new CBA is kind to them, they'd have an unhappy superstar unless they surrounded him with more talent.

With all of that said, if we're just looking at the trades both teams made without factoring in the big risk the Nets are taking, they def made the better deal (and I voted as such) but you can't ignore the huge risk they are taking. It's all going to depend on who the Nets can get to surround D-Will in the next year or 2 or if they can get a backdoor promise from someone like Howard.

But for the activity that happened in this trade deadline, the Nets certainly owned the Knicks. They got the better player while not having to give up as many assets (though it does help that their own pick will be a lottery pick, which is a pretty big asset that they gave up). However, if the Knicks can eventually get CP3, then I can see why the Knicks passed on Deron but as with the Nets keeping D-Will, there's no assurances at all that the Knicks can get him.

One thing is for sure, Proky is 10 times the owner that Dolan is. The only reason Melo was interested in the Knicks over the Nets was because of Amare, not because Dolan or Isiah were involved (as they'd like to believe).

xSolidx
We definitely did overpay, but the Nets had more pieces and value in those assets.

Favors is 19 yrs old, and was a top 3 pick. And look at the 1st rounders they traded for next yr. They traded their very own 1st rounder and the Warriors 1st rounder. Both teams might not even make the playoffs next season. Its easy to say that the Nets "stole" Deron now, but the Nets dont have a playoff roster right now. Neither does the Warriors.

We did trade alot, we traded more players, but the Nets gave up the more valuable pieces. Well potentially they did. Since Favors and the 1st rounders are all based on potential. This trade needs to be revisited at the end of next season.

BkOriginalOne
Nets.
They didn't give up a whole alot and upgraded at PG tremendously.

Also, am I the only person who doesn't really believe in Favors?

Hugbees
If he resigns, and given that the draft is weakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk sauce, the Nets. Although the Knicks just gave up glorified role players that really don't have much potential for the future. It's close though, just comes down to personal preference. Whoever you feel is the better player between Melo and DWill.

TheBatchelor213
02-23-2011, 03:47 PM

exactly...

BigBlueCrew
02-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Knicks,

At least they are guaranteed the extension with their player.

TheBatchelor213
02-23-2011, 03:48 PM
ps.....bet D Will wishes Sloan was still the coach now then none of this happens lol

jrm2054
02-23-2011, 03:50 PM
The nets got a better player for cheaper. The Knicks trade puts them in the right track to win. Both were good nets is better if they can build around d-will in a year

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Nets.
They didn't give up a whole alot and upgraded at PG tremendously.

Also, am I the only person who doesn't really believe in Favors?
Too early to say with Favors. Big men always take more time to develop, plus he's only 19.

Nets got the better deal. D-Will is better than Melo hands down. They gave up a good amount, but still got more value than we did for Melo. Unless D-Will leaves next offseason (and the Nets don't get anything in return for him) they definitely had a better trade.

Tarheels23
02-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Poll?

Because Melo signed an extension. Billups, Carter and Williams all expire after this year.

Where NJ will lose Williams after next season.

Yeah the Nets gave up less to get DWill, but they are also going to have him for a short period of time.

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Because Melo signed an extension. Billups, Carter and Williams all expire after this year.

Where NJ will lose Williams after next season.

Yeah the Nets gave up less to get DWill, but they are also going to have him for a short period of time.
No guarantee that D-Will is gone next offseason. The new CBA could make it tough for stars to leave, and also the Nets could maybe make some moves to get into contender status.

ImThatDude
02-23-2011, 03:58 PM
If you give up 3 lottery picks for a player, then you better make sure you have him for more than a season.

Quietmoney
02-23-2011, 03:58 PM
D-will better than melo?? No way... no how! Melo is a perpetual terror alert anytime you play against him! Your worried about what he's gonna do and how many buckets he's gonna drop on you! He creates a mismatch mostly every night because of his size. He's huge for a small forward. And he is the most complete player offensively at his position. The best since Bernard King. Not sure where D-Will fits in history yet.

*Superman*
02-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Chad Ford:

Think it was a GREAT move. Some argue he's the best point guard in the league and everyone agrees he's one of the top 3. He's young. Elite PGs are almost impossible to get via trade or free agency. He'll have a bigger impact in NJ than Melo would have. I know that Donnie Walsh preferred Williams to Melo. The Nets got the better deal

PatsSoxKnicks
No guarantee that D-Will is gone next offseason. The new CBA could make it tough for stars to leave, and also the Nets could maybe make some moves to get into contender status.

There's no guarantee he doesn't leave either. As currently constructed and if the CBA stays the same, D-Will will leave. However, the Nets do have a year and a half to get some talent around him. They can also hope that the new CBA is team friendly and has a franchise tag involved. But who knows with the new CBA.

I'm not sure there's any significant moves they could make to convince Williams to stay (getting a promise from Howard would be one of them but I doubt that happens). The thing they really have to hope for is that the new CBA restricts player movement.

laxtonto
NetsDaily NetsDaily.com
BKing said DWill is NOT unhappy w/ NETs. Just concerned that his wife is pregnant and will have to move. Of course hes upset.

Just to kill the Dwill hates the nets rumors... GM already talked to him...

BigBlueCrew
02-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Really the GM of the Nets says that DWill is NOT unhappy with the Nets? Wow Im sooo surprised. Otherwise he would look like a ****** wouldn't he?

PatsSoxKnicks
02-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Just to kill the Dwill hates the nets rumors... GM already talked to him...

I don't think it has anything to do with him hating the Nets. I think it has to do with talent. The only reason he wanted to leave Utah was because they never surrounded him with enough talent (whether thats true or not is a different story, its what he believes). If the Nets don't surround him with talent in the next year and a half, he'll want to leave there too. If they do surround him with talent, he'll stay.

As of right now, I can't believe he'd be looking at the Nets and saying "ooh what a very talented team I'm going to, I think I'll re-sign here". But the Nets do have some time to get that talent.

Besides, do you really think the GM is going to come out and say, "D-Will hates this trade"? And do you really think D-Will is going to publically say "I hate this trade"? He'd be a complete *** if he were to say that and I'd have to believe he's not that stupid.

Tarheels23
02-23-2011, 04:08 PM

So the Nets are banking on 50/50 odds that the new CBA will allow them force Deron to play for them? There is far from a garuntee he stays too.

I'd rather get a garuntee that my star I just traded assets for is commited to willingly be with my team in the future. Even if it means giving up more.

DRose7
02-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Poll?

...no crew to keep my crown or throne, I'm deep by sound alone, caved inside in a thousand miles from home, I need a new negga, for this black cloud to follow, Cause while it's over me it's too dark to see tomorrow

Dope sig!!!

Where's KG?
02-23-2011, 04:11 PM
I would like to note.....The only reason that Deron is pissed.....is because he was working out with some teammates at the time and found out about the deal on the ESPN ticker. He was not notified by his own team. I think its a wash I think both teams got what they wanted. And the Nets are not done.

Marques24kobe
02-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Another thing I read about DWill is that his player option for 2012-13 will most likely be a lot more then what he will be able to sign for after the new CBA.

PatsSoxKnicks
02-23-2011, 04:12 PM
D-will better than melo?? No way... no how! Melo is a perpetual terror alert anytime you play against him! Your worried about what he's gonna do and how many buckets he's gonna drop on you! He creates a mismatch mostly every night because of his size. He's huge for a small forward. And he is the most complete player offensively at his position. The best since Bernard King. Not sure where D-Will fits in history yet.

I'm a Knicks fan and I think D-Will is better then Melo (or at least more valuable).

goose14741
02-23-2011, 04:17 PM
the nets got a pg thats going to opt out in 2012 and might win 5 more games and move out of the lottery yipee
knicks got carmelo and billups, knicks got a shot at the title
hmmmmmmm

Blackwater13
02-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Nets.

Gave up way less and got superior value and IMO the better player.

laxtonto
02-23-2011, 04:21 PM
If Dwill is pissed because he is leaving and caught unaware it doesn't matter where hw would be going, he would still be pissed... He has a VERY pregnant wife and was not expected to be traded. I think I would be kinda pissed initially as well if I found out about it from the TV instead of from the Jazz...

metsfanssince05
02-23-2011, 04:31 PM
The Jazz were always my top 5 teams, they have beautiful uniforms, love it. I love this trade for them, they have a great chance to get Kyrie Irving, if they get him, they will have 2 young players for there future in Kyrie Irving and Derek Favors. Then you trade Haris for a young player. Future looks bright for Utah.

Madtown22
02-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Better for the Nets if he signs an extension this summer.

jonline87
02-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Are you guys stupid?
Balkman >>>>>>>> Deron
Plus we got Melo and Billups.

Lakeshow86
02-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Nets because the nets were willing to give up Harris, Favors, 4 draft picks and a number of other players for Melo. They got Williams for Harris, Favors and 2 draft picks. I think it was a good trade for the nets. Mainly because Harris is overrated and Favors is probably a bust. But that really all depens on if Williams will stay in Jersey? I bet they have a plan on getting more stars to join Williams and Lopez or else they wouldnt have done the deal. The Nets have two good young players in Williams and Lopez. I imagine they can get some more star players to join them just like the Knicks are planning on doing as well.

The Jokemaker
02-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Knicks. They gave up a lot it seems but honestly I think the trade will pay dividends. Not to mention it helped re-establish the knicks which makes it more attractive to those ring chasing vets. Nets still aren't there yet.

kyubi256
02-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Value wise the Nets won... But Melo has signed an extension and is excited to be here...

While it is unclear what Deron Williams feeling is about NJ. A lot of reports through twitter make him unhappy. Especially Mark Stein

D-Block21-Chito
02-23-2011, 04:53 PM
The nets basically did a non garunteed deal. Something we would have never done, something no team that isn't desperate would do. People have to understand that draft picks are becoming more of a hot commodity because small market teams are gonna look to build through the draft and save money. The Nets gave up two first rounders which might could've netted you someone next year with an extension in place. Instead they just made a trade for a player that wants to win now and the Nets aren't in that position yet which may be a problem when it's time to sign him back.

I believe the hardest part for the nets is to get that first STAR on that team becuase no one wanted to rebuild the whole frainchise. That being said the best way to start this off is through a trade and force someone to come here. Now it makes it soooooooo much easier for new jersey to recruit now that they already have a star to play in Brooklyn.... Let's say Dwight for example NJ is an instant contender with DWIGHT AND D-WILL...

They just needed that first star

Evolution23
02-23-2011, 05:05 PM
If deron signs that extension next year then i'll say the Nets but right now i'm going with the Knicks.

Raoul Duke_91
02-23-2011, 05:16 PM
This is definitely being overlooked. Felton's definitely hit a wall lately and Billups right now is a definite upgrade over Ray. In either case, it's likely they wouldn't have been brought back after next season.

I call B.S. on you dude. Your just makin crap up.

I looked at feltons numbers when this deal went down and hes averaging like 16 and 10 in the month of Feb. Doesnt sound like he hit much of a wall to me.

The nets got the better deal. Harris was trying to get out anyway. Its a great trade for them. Im sure Deron will resign. New stadium coming, huge money, brooklyn NYC and an owner who's definitely not afraid to spend money to win... what more could a player want.

MFFL==FML
02-23-2011, 05:17 PM

I don't know about the most complete player offensively... Lebron James is more complete offensively in my opinion. I'll give you Anthony is more clutch and shoots a better ft%, but James has a much better fg% (considering how many shots they both take), a better 3 pt%, and an astronomically better assist/TO ratio (yes, making plays for your teammates offensively is important if you weren't aware).

This is coming from someone who dislikes James very much.

dtmagnet
02-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Definitely the Nets, they gave up less and got an all-star point guard which is a more pivotal role than small forward.

knicksfan42
02-23-2011, 05:28 PM
I call B.S. on you dude. Your just makin crap up.

I looked at feltons numbers when this deal went down and hes averaging like 16 and 10 in the month of Feb. Doesnt sound like he hit much of a wall to me.

He had one or two good games in February, his FG% has plummeted. The shots he was hitting at the start of the season stopped falling, he went from 48% shooting to 42% shooting, to go down that much the guy must have been been shooting in the 30%s after his first 25 games.

Frantico
02-23-2011, 05:35 PM
I'm not sure which team made the better trade (only time will tell) but I do feel they made the WRONG trade.

In other words... NY should have gone for DWill instead... He would have re-signed for sure, and with him and Amare, and another star down the road (Howard?) they would have been a title contender for sure...

abe_froman
02-23-2011, 05:36 PM
nets.better player and took less to get him

shizzle09
02-23-2011, 05:40 PM
as of now i'll say the knicks since Melo signed the extension but if Williams was to stay with NJ they would have made the better trade.

JordansBulls
02-23-2011, 05:41 PM
The New Jersey Nets traded for Deron Williams in exchange for Derrick Favors, Devin Harris and two first-round picks (Nets and Warriors in 2011).

The New York Knicks traded for Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Anthony Carter, Renaldo Balkman, Shelden Williams, and Corey Brewer. They sent Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Raymond Felton, Timofey Mozgov, Eddy Curry and Anthony Randolph.

I said Knicks because they will be better and they are keeping both Melo and Amare for at least another 3 seasons after this season. With Deron we don't know if he would stay in NJ.

arkanian215
02-23-2011, 05:44 PM

Knicks. We traded for a player that could leave us in a year. Are you kidding me?

effen5
02-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Im so glad it turned out like this, if the Knicks got Dwill instead of Melo, they would be such a scarier team.

What?
02-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Nets easily this draft isn't very good unlikely you would get much with those draft picks, Derrick Favors might be good, Deron Williams is alot better then Devin Harris

Knicksfan2011
02-23-2011, 06:05 PM
How is anybody saying the knicks overpaid they didnt give up much to get him everybody is leaving the most important person of this trade chauncy billups he has proven he can win in this league felton, gallinari,chandler,mozgov,a first round pick and a 2nd rounder the 1st round pick is goin to be a mid 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder who gives a crap about a 2nd rounder...The knicks got a better deal cuz they got 2 all stars new jersey got one and they gave up 2 lottery picks knicks only gave up one 1st rounder:mad:

Confusious
02-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Nets. Def.

fingerbang
02-23-2011, 06:06 PM
It's easily the Nets. The Knicks traded a lot for a guy that probably would have hit free agency anyway. They lost a very important piece in Felton.

Nets get arguably the better player for a cheaper price. Devin Harris was overrated.

Da Knicks
02-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Melo is stayin in Ny is Williams staying with the Nets?

Slimsim
02-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Knicks until 100% sure Deron sign the extension.

ClayMatthews
02-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Both teams gave up way too much IMO. Winning teams are the Nuggets and Jazz.

NYKSpiritBomb
02-23-2011, 06:12 PM
tough call...nets i would say by a little because they really didn't give up much to get him...wish the knicks had more picks to deal with they would have probably been a player in that scenario also

NYKSpiritBomb
02-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Easily the Nets. Not only did the Nets force the Knicks to overpay, but they seemed to be the only team bidding on D-Will and they got him for two players they soured on and 2 of their 5 first round picks.

nets didn't force the knicks to overpay, camelo did you people don't get it :facepalm:

melo was not leaving the money on the table over playing with the knicks come free agency, people don't understand the nuggets had leverage

DwayneMVPwade
02-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Knicks got better because Nets had to give Favors, picks and Harris.

Tuck&Rolle
02-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Knicks

1. There is no way D Williams is better then Melo.

2. We also got Billups with some other role players.

3. Carmelo has already signed the extension mean while Williams might not sign it, so theres no gurantee.

4. The Nets gave up a good PG in Harris and a young and talented kid in Favors along with 2 1st round picks. There fore the Nets gave up a lot too.

5. If Williams does not sign the extension then the deal is horrible for the Nets.

Vincent33
02-23-2011, 06:19 PM
I think the Knicks got the better end of the deal. Is D-Will going to stay in NJ when he becomes a FA in 2012? Even with the team moving to Brooklyn, that is not enough. Russian has to open his pockets and overpay guys to come in, including trying to keep Williams.

New York now has 2 big stars on the team for the long term, so that should make it easier to attract other big names to play at MSG with Amare and Carmelo.

droalex
02-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Nets no ?

Tuck&Rolle
02-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Knicks. We traded for a player that could leave us in a year. Are you kidding me?

Coming from a Nets fan who obviously knows his ****. I think this answers the question.

SteveNash
02-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Nets.

Vastly superior player, even if he wants out the Nets still have the rights to make another trade, have flexibility to make more moves.

Tuck&Rolle
02-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Nets.

Vastly superior player, even if he wants out the Nets still have the rights to make another trade, have flexibility to make more moves.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

SA5195
02-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Deal wise, NJ. They got one of the best PG's by not giving half their team up.

Ripper Gein
02-23-2011, 06:25 PM
It seems like knick fans are the only ones arguing that they got the better of the deal:rolleyes:

Tuck&Rolle
02-23-2011, 06:25 PM
BTW Melo is the better player

Tuck&Rolle
02-23-2011, 06:26 PM
It seems like knick fans are the only ones arguing that they got the better of the deal:rolleyes:

Nets fans think the Knicks did better. Pay attention..

fingerbang
02-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Why are Knicks fans bragging about Billups being part of the deal? He's a declining overpaid pg that can't keep up in the D'Antoni system. He's probably more of a shooting guard at this point. The Nuggets wanted to get rid of him!!!

Knicks fans are underestimating the loss of Felton.

dtmagnet
02-23-2011, 06:28 PM

Not a chance. Melo is a very good player but Deron Williams is a top 3 point guard in this league.

kingkenny01
02-23-2011, 06:31 PM
nets easily

BYBLOS88
02-23-2011, 06:32 PM
if the nets can resign d will to a long term contract then they easily got the better deal!

godolphins
02-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Nets if Williams sign an extension

Tony_Starks
02-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Easily the Nets. They got a superior legit franchise player, didn't give up much to get him, and still draft picks left over to make additional deals.

For those that say he won't re-sign that's mere speculation. We don't know if he will or won't he hasn't even played 1 game yet. What we DO know for a fact is that they have a owner with deep pockets, flexibility, and the chance to be the face of a new Brooklyn franchise as selling points.

Not to mention they did all this w/o anyone seeing it coming AND drove up the price on Melo all in the meantime. That's major.

knicks09
02-23-2011, 06:34 PM

This

MJ-BULLS
02-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Nets got the best deal.

Tuck&Rolle
To anyone who thinks that the Deron Williams is better then Melo doesn't know basketball. By the way lets not forget Derons attitude, he pretty much helped push the Jazz's best coach of all time to retire.

Ripper Gein
Nets fans think the Knicks did better. Pay attention..

Riiigghhtt if you were impartial you would most def be saying the Nets got the better deal TAKE OFF YOUR SPIKE LEE GLASSES man!!!

Ripper Gein
02-23-2011, 06:37 PM
not a chance. Melo is a very good player but deron williams is a top 3 point guard in this league.

that!

Tuck&Rolle
02-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Riiigghhtt if you were impartial you would most def be saying the Nets got the better deal TAKE OFF YOUR SPIKE LEE GLASSES man!!!

Nah dude I just know basketball

knicksfan42
02-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Not a chance. Melo is a very good player but Deron Williams is a top 3 point guard in this league.

Melo is a top 3 SF in this league, Billups is a top 10 PG in this league.

Slimsim
I keep hearing Deron is a Top 3 pg Isn't melo a top 3 SF ?

Ripper Gein
To anyone who thinks that the Deron Williams is better then Melo doesn't know basketball. By the way lets not forget Derons attitude, he pretty much helped push the Jazz's best coach of all time to retire.

Lets not forget melo pushed this trade! He signed a contract and didnt live up to it if he wasnt traded to the knicks you guys would be crucifying him for that.

Tuck&Rolle
A lot of experts call Carmelo the best offensive player in the league. I'll leave it at that, bye haters.

SteveNash
02-23-2011, 06:40 PM

Anyone who thinks Carmelo is half the player of Deron doesn't know basketball. By the way lets not forget Carmelo's attitude, this was the same moron sucker punched Marty Collins then ran away like a *****.

Ripper Gein
02-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Nah dude I just know basketball

Hopefully you start showing us soon that you do.

FrenchSunsFan
02-23-2011, 06:41 PM
For me the winner is the ... Jazz cause Devin Harris is a descent player , Favors it s the future and 2 draft picks too , they can rebuilt the team next year .

quiksilver2491
02-23-2011, 06:43 PM

Melo is THE #3 SF behind LeBron and Durant, D-Will and CP3 are widely considered neck and neck for the best PG in the league. NTM a pass first PG that can score is a lot more valuable then a scoring wing.

Tuck&Rolle
Hahahahah are you guys kidding me lol keep hating morons

Ripper Gein
A lot of experts call Carmelo the best offensive player in the league. I'll leave it at that, bye haters.:eyebrow:

OPINION!!

29$JerZ
02-23-2011, 06:44 PM
It's NY

Melo is locked up, and paired with Amar'e with the chance of a 3rd star coming in 2012
Not to mention we upgraded at PG spot as well so it wasn't just for Melo.

Deron is a rental player until he accepts an extension and NJ lossed their 1st round pick this year during a bad FA summer pool of talent to bring to Deron

When Deron accepts an extension it's clearly NJ
Until then it's NY

KnickVeteran
02-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Knicks got the better deal to. As of right now, Nets...good trade, but it's not a guarantee Deron will stay past 2012...depending on what the new collective bargaining agreement will hold.

Melo is the best offensive player in the game, next there's Durant. Chauncey brings the kind of leadership that will help guys like Toney Douglass and Landry Fields developed even more. Chauncey might have lost of step, but in the playoffs, I"ll take him over Felton any day of the week.

Nets probably feel that got a steal, but Utah actually got a steal. They got a quality PG in Harris, prospect in Favors and 2 1st round picks...Both will probably be lottery if they are not protected. It's nice that they received Deron, but who else does the Nets have. Brendan Wright? Never quite developed. Brook Lopez? love his game, but will he expand his game further...rebounding, block shots? idk

And Deron isn't a lock to stay with the Nets. If Deron and Jerry bumped heads, then you know Deron and Avery will bump heads even more. Both situations and men were very competitive and head strong. It can be a great situation or it can be a bad situation..

Tuck&Rolle
02-23-2011, 06:45 PM
:eyebrow:

OPINION!!

Your just a moron to say that Melo is half the player Deron is. Melo is one of if not the best scorer in the league by many experts.

SteveNash
02-23-2011, 06:45 PM

Saying Carmelo is a top 3 SF is like saying Nene is a top 3 C.

Slimsim
02-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Nets gave up Harris,Favors, and 2 potential lottery picks

Knicks Gave up Chandler Wouldn't be a Knick after this season Felton Gallo, Mozzy Curry and AR4 3 of these guys didn't play most of the season and favors has more potential than Gallo and mozzy to be a star player.

At the end of the day 2 teams that sucked last year both have bright future and if your not a fan of either team you should be worry about keeping your Allstar.

Ripper Gein

Were cool but it seems you are getting a lil mad so i think well be ok:D

dtmagnet
Melo is a top 3 SF in this league, Billups is a top 10 PG in this league.

I'll take the top 3 point guard over the top 3 SF any day, unless that SF is Lebron James. I'm not sure if Billups is a top 10 point guard anymore either.

(in no order)
Paul
Williams
Rose
Rondo
Westbrook
Nash
Wall
Curry
Parker
Kidd

I would say all those guys are better and you could make arguments for a few more as well.

SteveNash
02-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Your just a moron to say that Melo is half the player Deron is. Melo is one of if not the best scorer in the league by many experts.

Best scorer in the league, yet somehow he's a worse scorer than Deron.

Slimsim
Melo is THE #3 SF behind LeBron and Durant, D-Will and CP3 are widely considered neck and neck for the best PG in the league. NTM a pass first PG that can score is a lot more valuable then a scoring wing.

Rose
Paul/Williams
Williams/Paul

Ripper Gein

But at least im glad you can have a Rational conversation:p

What?
02-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Knicks

1. There is no way D Williams is better then Melo.:facepalm:

2. We also got Billups with some other role players. At the cost of 4 of your to 7 players

3. Carmelo has already signed the extension mean while Williams might not sign it, so theres no gurantee. Until he walks it doesn't matter

4. The Nets gave up a good PG in Harris and a young and talented kid in Favors along with 2 1st round picks. There fore the Nets gave up a lot too. The Nets gave up an unproven player, a average point guard, and 2 draft picks in a week draft

5. If Williams does not sign the extension then the deal is horrible for the Nets. See above

Until Deron Williams says he isn't signing a extension the Nets got the better trade. It really doesn't matter though in the end both teams got great players at a moderate cost.

Slimsim
02-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Anyone who thinks Carmelo is half the player of Deron doesn't know basketball. By the way lets not forget Carmelo's attitude, this was the same moron sucker punched Marty Collins then ran away like a *****.

Derron Williams made the great Jerry Sloan Retire during the Season.

netsgiantsyanks
02-23-2011, 06:49 PM

you cant compare players that play different positions.

Ripper Gein
65% to 34% think the Nets got the better of the deal I Wonder how many are knick fans...

dtmagnet

1. No one is "hating" on the Knicks, we're just discussing the thread topic.

2.Personal insults just shows your immaturity and makes your opinion pretty hard to take seriously.

SteveNash
02-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Derron Williams made the great Jerry Sloan Retire during the Season.

Jerry Sloan quit on his own.

We need to switch the subject though.

I think most people would rather have Deron than have Carmelo AND Amar'e.

pacersfan1967
02-23-2011, 06:54 PM
I think the knicks did.better player .PLuse he'll stay not sure of nets player.

BigRed
02-23-2011, 06:55 PM
i said knicks, but nets also got a good deal too

Chest Rockwell
02-23-2011, 06:55 PM

Please stop posting you're making everyone dumber.

fingerbang
02-23-2011, 06:56 PM

Amare wasn't part of the deal!!!

Everyone saying the Knicks got the better deal is using some half-assed logic.

Knick Fan: Well we already have Amare and we're a better team so of course we got the better of the deal.

PAOboston
02-23-2011, 06:57 PM
i'd say the nets had a better trade. they got a superstar pg for way less than what the knicks gave up to get carmelo.

tbh, i think williams fits a lot better in ny than melo does. i think it will be interesting to see how the knicks offense evolves with 2 players that need to dominate the ball to be effective. amare and melo will need to learn how to play with other and that might take some time....

superkegger
Nets got the better player and gave up less. Pretty easy call to me.

Ripper Gein
I think the knicks did.better player .PLuse he'll stay not sure of nets player.

^THIS IS JUST SAD!!! Obviously a knick fan started a fake account to defend his team.....PATHETIC.^

sintaks12
02-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Funny, ESPN has this same poll up and the Knicks win pretty convincingly. Lol, I'd hate to say that this forum is anti-Knicks. Not gonna lie... I feel alotta love from you guys right now, lol.

knicksfan42
02-23-2011, 07:03 PM
I'll take the top 3 point guard over the top 3 SF any day, unless that SF is Lebron James. I'm not sure if Billups is a top 10 point guard anymore either.

(in no order)
Paul
Williams
Rose
Rondo
Westbrook
Nash
Wall
Curry
Parker
Kidd

I would say all those guys are better and you could make arguments for a few more as well.

I don't think Wall is better, thats not to say I wouldn't rather have Wall, I just think Billups is better right now. I love Jason Kidd, but I might have to question him too. Otherwise you're on point.

knicksfan42
02-23-2011, 07:05 PM
1. No one is "hating" on the Knicks, we're just discussing the thread topic.

2.Personal insults just shows your immaturity and makes your opinion pretty hard to take seriously.

I don't think anyone should be personally attacking anyone else, but there's definitely trolling against Knicks fans going on.

pacersfan1967
02-23-2011, 07:06 PM
^THIS IS JUST SAD!!! Obviously a knick fan started a fake account to defend his team.....PATHETIC.^ My favortite two teams are the indiana pacers & knicks I'm from Indiana ...Sounds like to me you quote is pathetic ........Special since. I'm in indianapolis..Can't a person have twp favorite teams. gosh.....

bkmikeyy
both teams made great deals and improved immensley but someone please explain to me how the knicks gave up more than the nets. If you believe that is true then you would also say that if favors, harris, a top 10 pick and another potential lottery pick for gallo, wilson, and mozgov would be a steal for the nets.
Randolph for brewer is a wash, so is billups and sheldon williams for felton.

netsgiantsyanks
in terms of how much the team gave up, obviously the nets. but in long term, the knicks take the cake. the knicks already have melo locked up long term while the nets are banking on deron to re-sign come this july. im banking on it too. :pray:

More-Than-Most
02-23-2011, 07:07 PM
The Nets.

Williams is a much better player than Anthony and they got him for a cheaper price. People keep bringing up the fact that he didn't sign an extension... If they trade him they will end up getting much more back then they gave up which would also equal a win. If he stays its a win and if they trade him its a win because they will most likely get more back for him next season.

knicksfan42
02-23-2011, 07:09 PM
My favortite two teams are the indiana pacers & knicks I'm from Indiana ...Sounds like to me you quote is pathetic ........Special since. I'm in indianapolis..Can't a person have twp favorite teams. gosh.....

Don't respond to the trolls.

netsgiantsyanks
02-23-2011, 07:10 PM
both teams made great deals and improved immensley but someone please explain to me how the knicks gave up more than the nets. If you believe that is true then you would also say that if favors, harris, a top 10 pick and another potential lottery pick for gallo, wilson, and mozgov would be a steal for the nets.
Randolph for brewer is a wash, so is billups and sheldon williams for felton.

the nets gave up less considering that one player in the trade didnt want to be there anymore and the other one is a project. plus one out of the two draft picks i think is top 7 protected or something like that.

More-Than-Most
02-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Funny, ESPN has this same poll up and the Knicks win pretty convincingly. Lol, I'd hate to say that this forum is anti-Knicks. Not gonna lie... I feel alotta love from you guys right now, lol.

Every average basketball fan really doesn't look at the entire picture. Melo is the bigger name and he went to one of the most popular teams in the world. That equates to a more lopsided vote than real basketball fans who factor in the players Skill/The price and so on. The Majority of people around the world most likely voted knicks because of the Knicks top brand and Melo being a top nba name and the fact that the majority of people know about him now because he has been the front and center of every sporting news station or column for the last month.

bkmikeyy
02-23-2011, 07:13 PM
the nets gave up less considering that one player in the trade didnt want to be there anymore and the other one is a project. plus one out of the two draft picks i think is top 7 protected or something like that.

Ok if the Knicks called and offered gallo, chandler, mozgov and a 2014 first for favors, harris, a pick that is currently 6th (probably a bit higher now) and a potential lottery pick they would get hung up on. Love the deal for the Nets, but to say they paid substantially less than the knicks is false.

sintaks12
02-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Every average basketball fan really doesn't look at the entire picture. Melo is the bigger name and he went to one of the most popular teams in the world. That equates to a more lopsided vote than real basketball fans who factor in the players Skill/The price and so on. The Majority of people around the world most likely voted knicks because of the Knicks top brand and Melo being a top nba name and the fact that the majority of people know about him now because he has been the front and center of every sporting news station or column for the last month.

Fair point. But... I still think the Knicks come out with the better pieces. NJ got Williams for cheaper, sure. Amazing move. But NY comes out with Billups and Melo. Homerism aside... cmon, you guys downplay Billups here. He was a finals MVP and is still balling at a high level. And Melo, well enough said. Williams will be gone in a year.

tangent12
02-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Without a doubt, the Nets.

netsgiantsyanks
02-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Ok if the Knicks called and offered gallo, chandler, mozgov and a 2014 first for favors, harris, a pick that is currently 6th (probably a bit higher now) and a potential lottery pick they would get hung up on. Love the deal for the Nets, but to say they paid substantially less than the knicks is false.

the difference is deron williams is a EXTREMELY talented point guard. he is defientely a top 2 point guard in the league. see, gallo and chandler aren't as talented plus they really dont make other players better whilist d-will is a top 2 point guard in the league and makes players better. i dont think the knicks got *** raped like some people say now that i look at it, but come on. deron williams for favors, harris, and 2 first round picks is a steal.

sintaks12
02-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Maybe this thread should have been titled "which trade cost less: knicks or nets." Because that seems to be the basis for most of the posts. NY didn't STEAL the players in their trade, but they are the clear-cut winners as far talent at the end of the day.

netsgiantsyanks
02-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Fair point. But... I still think the Knicks come out with the better pieces. NJ got Williams for cheaper, sure. Amazing move. But NY comes out with Billups and Melo. Homerism aside... cmon, you guys downplay Billups here. He was a finals MVP and is still balling at a high level. And Melo, well enough said. Williams will be gone in a year.

you cant just assume that. im not saying hes a lock to stay, but what if he doesnt leave in 2012?

Slimsim
02-23-2011, 07:22 PM
[/B]

you cant just assume that. im not saying hes a lock to stay, but what if he doesnt leave in 2012?

What if he does ? A lot of what ifs for NJ.

sintaks12
02-23-2011, 07:22 PM
[/B]

Just my gut. I posted earlier that I hope he does stay and they build a good team around him. Would make for a great cross-city rivalry. But he comes across as a primadonna to me now. He wasn't happy in Utah, how's he gonna be happy in NJ, no disrespect. You guys have a bright future, but they were contenders for years. Time will tell. Great pickup and congrats.

LTS
02-23-2011, 07:23 PM
nets Dwill and Lopez good combination and they didnt have to trade the whole farm to have to heavy scoring poor defense players

sintaks12
02-23-2011, 07:25 PM
nets Dwill and Lopez good combination and they didnt have to trade the whole farm to have to heavy scoring poor defense players

Blah blah blah. You have draft picks, we had role players. In the end, they're both assets to use in trades. Well done by both teams.

Killinmesoftly
02-23-2011, 07:26 PM
The Nets got a better deal because at the end many including myself don't see favors as a future start player even the Nets don't see that otherwise won't give him away so quickly. D.Harris wants to leave Jersey because he has been in trade rumors for a year and his production went down considerably and 2 first draft pick which at the end are gonna be high 7 picks and the 2011 draft pick seems weak.

New York on the other hand give half of their team away with key players.

THE NETS GOT THE BETTER DEAL.

Killinmesoftly
02-23-2011, 07:29 PM

I wonder if the Knicks were the " most popular team in the world" for the last 10 years.... :rolleyes:

Killinmesoftly
02-23-2011, 07:31 PM

Assumption, assumptions, assumptions... :facepalm:

blahblahyoutoo
02-23-2011, 07:31 PM
nets by far.

BigBlueCrew
02-23-2011, 07:33 PM
I wonder if the Knicks were the " most popular team in the world" for the last 10 years.... :rolleyes:

What are you wondering about? The Knicks were losing like crazy and are still the most valuable franchise in the NBA.

Spare us the haterade.

More-Than-Most
02-23-2011, 07:33 PM

When you think about Basketball in general which franchise really has a more popular following? Lakers/Celtics but as bad as the knicks have been their name is one of the more recognizable.

Killinmesoftly
02-23-2011, 07:34 PM
What if he does ? A lot of what ifs for NJ.

3 of the 5 players are not in your team.. you should change your pic profile..i just sayin':p

More-Than-Most
02-23-2011, 07:35 PM
What are you wondering about? The Knicks were losing like crazy and are still the most valuable franchise in the NBA.

Spare us the haterade.

:love:

Killinmesoftly
02-23-2011, 07:37 PM
When you think about Basketball in general which franchise really has a more popular following? Lakers/Celtics but as bad as the knicks have been their name is one of the more recognizable.

Lakers by far, but I don't see them winning this year..

Fair point.. I love NY but I don't like the Knicks :p

DoMeFavors
02-23-2011, 07:38 PM
So happy Knicks got Melo...cause we got the best PG in the league!!

Killinmesoftly
02-23-2011, 07:39 PM

Cheers to that!:cheers::cheers:

sintaks12
02-23-2011, 07:39 PM

Where's your new sig? Not holding up your end of the bargain?

DoMeFavors
02-23-2011, 07:40 PM

ofcourse i will, didnt get a chance to put it up yet...celebrating for a little thinking about Dwight and DWILL in Brooklyn!!

BigBlueCrew
02-23-2011, 07:41 PM

That's what I wanted to ask

DoMeOutlaw?

DoMeLopez?

DoMeWilliams?

DoMeAnyone? Please!

Killinmesoftly
02-23-2011, 07:43 PM
ofcourse i will, didnt get a chance to put it up yet...celebrating for a little thinking about Dwight and DWILL in Brooklyn!!

Domefavors I though you were a Heat Fan.. thats what the people are sayin' lol

DoMeFavors
02-23-2011, 07:43 PM
next year we will be champions!!
IM COMING HOME TELL THE WORLD IM COMING HOME!!!

sintaks12
02-23-2011, 07:45 PM

And when we play you in Brooklyn, you'll REALLY have to pump in the fake crowd noise because that place will be packed with Knick fans, lol. All ish aside, congrats on your trade. Great pickup. I'm sure the Russian isn't done either.

DoMeFavors
02-23-2011, 07:45 PM
thank you sintaks

Slimsim
02-23-2011, 07:46 PM
3 of the 5 players are not in your team.. you should change your pic profile..i just sayin':p

In due time

BigBlueCrew
02-23-2011, 07:46 PM

Do you copy everything from the Knicks?

todu82
02-23-2011, 07:47 PM
The Knicks got my vote.

Slimsim
02-23-2011, 07:47 PM

you said you was a heats fan :eyebrow:

DoMeFavors
02-23-2011, 07:48 PM
you said you was a heats fan :eyebrow:

I said in the playoffs this year I will be.

Slimsim
02-23-2011, 07:53 PM
I said in the playoffs this year I will be.

:facepalm:

DoMeFavors
02-23-2011, 07:57 PM
I know my Kingdom awaits.....

G-MenAllDay3000
02-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Well since asking which team got the better deal is subjective to opinions and not facts, there really isn't a right or wrong answer to the question. The fact is that both the Knicks and the Nets made great deals for their teams. The Knicks got a big market name that will generate a ton of revenue for them, but they didn't really upgrade their team overall because they had to make sacrifices in some area's (like having a PG that can push tempo) for others (like having yet another go-to-guy in half-court/late game offense). In other words, they still need help before they can contend.

The Nets also got a big market name, but they're not after the revenue with this move, they're after the prospect of attracting another big market name to their team. The Nets will have roughly $17mil in free cap space this coming off-season, give or take a little depending on the new CBA. Not really any big FA's coming up, but there's still other possibilities for the Nets to land another big name and have the flexibility to sign them to a near max deal before D.Will can become a FA in 2012.

Knicks21
02-23-2011, 08:09 PM
It would be Nets but there is no word he would sign an extension. But Knicks got Melo and Billups for basically a Gallo, Felton, and a 1st round pick. Seeing as Chandler wont be back, and Curry and Randolph dont play.

THE GIPPER
02-23-2011, 08:12 PM
How did the nets get a better deal? didnt they give up favors, harris and two 1sts?

guyver
02-23-2011, 08:35 PM
I cant believe ppl actually think the Knicks gave up alot for Melo!!! What are you watching? We gave up 2 players Gallo and Mozgov and 4 picks!!! Thats a steal. Eddy Curry was a bum!!! Randolph didnt play. Wilson Chandler was due for a new contact which we couldnt grant him. And Felton was signed for only 2yrs . Why is that? CP3/Deron Williams are FA 2012!!! And believe that Deron Williams will be a FA 2012!! So how did the Knicks give up alot? And how was the Nets trade better?
And on top of all of that we still have money to sign another premiere FA!!!

Bellz
02-23-2011, 09:06 PM
I know my Kingdom awaits.....

Hey Buddy wheres your new sig...? A bet is a Bet

Bellz
02-23-2011, 09:07 PM

So am cause that means you have a brand new sig till after next years finals

DoMeFavors
02-23-2011, 09:10 PM
its coming mbellz i have a lot of stuff, he made no rush to give it to me soo i will take my time

Bellz
02-23-2011, 09:20 PM
its coming mbellz i have a lot of stuff, he made no rush to give it to me soo i will take my time

I gave it to you the day after the trade was finalized......

b@llhog24
02-23-2011, 09:21 PM
I don't know about the most complete player offensively... Lebron James is more complete offensively in my opinion. I'll give you Anthony is more clutch and shoots a better ft%, but James has a much better fg% (considering how many shots they both take), a better 3 pt%, and an astronomically better assist/TO ratio (yes, making plays for your teammates offensively is important if you weren't aware).

This is coming from someone who dislikes James very much.

tbh he means skillset wise

COOLbeans
02-23-2011, 09:28 PM
the numbers aren't great but the addition of Melo seems to be of great value so far in tonights game. He's just so imposing that I'm reminded by how good this guy is.

This should be an interesting 2nd half to the season is all im saying.

ChiSoxJuan
02-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Since it's very likely the next CBA will include a franchise player tag, the Nets got the better trade. If that's not the case, then the Knicks because he's definitely not going to stay there when his contract expires.

ragee
02-23-2011, 09:43 PM
The question is not who is the better team... The Nets had the better trade because they got a better player for a cheaper price... With regards of D-Will walking after a couple of seasons, that is yet to be seen... They have a lot of cap space to make things happen...

Team*Chicago
02-23-2011, 10:00 PM
It's clearly the Nets and the Nets had nothing to lose plus they got him for cheaper without dismantling the team unlike what the Knicks did and right now the Knicks aren't blowing the Bucks away with their high power offense like they supposed to do.

zo649117
02-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Easily the best point guard in the league for CHEAP! NETS!

LakersA's49ers
02-23-2011, 10:14 PM
well team chemistry is completely out the door. lol but both teams got good solid pickups. I voted New Jersey because it was the better trade. Beats what Denver wanted for Melo in the case of the Nets

PV2nice
02-23-2011, 10:15 PM
Both Nets and Knicks gave up PG's for a possible rental Point guard (Felton/Chauncey & Harris/Williams)

Both Nets and Knicks gave up their own beloved lottery pick (Gallo & Favors)

Both gave up salary dumps (Curry/Murphy)

Now heres the diffrence:

Knicks gave up Chandler (who would they would not be able to re sign & wil seek a nice contract), Randolph (who did not play) and Mozgov (who is raw). In return they got back Melo, Brewer (expiring sign and trade eligible), Carter (expiring) and Balkman (making only 1.6 mil).

&
Nets gave up two first round picks.

Knicks received an Elite player + expiring assets for another possible small trade/ money off the books.

Nets received an Elite player + expiring assets for another possible small trade/ money off the books.

So what's more valuable Knicks throw in players or Nets 1st round picks? I say the two first round picks.

Overall two Elite players who play different positions so its hard to debate. However Melo signed extension and Williams has not who is said to be unhappy with trade : http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/15980

Verdict: Knicks

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 10:19 PM
It's clearly the Nets and the Nets had nothing to lose plus they got him for cheaper without dismantling the team unlike what the Knicks did and right now the Knicks aren't blowing the Bucks away with their high power offense like they supposed to do.
While Nets had the better deal, it's only their first game after the trade. These guys didn't even practice together. Next season is when you can really judge the team, chemistry takes time.

Anilyzer
02-23-2011, 10:40 PM
How can people say NJ got a better deal than the Knicks?

To me, it looks like they gave up much more--Favors and Harris, who are both much better prospects than either Gallinari or Felton, and two HIGH unprotected first round draft picks (lottery picks) for this year.

Utah could be drafting 1, 2 and 20 this year.

NY also managed to give away Chandler, who they weren't going to re-sign, Felton who was overpaid and mismatched on the Knicks and Curry's expiring.

Along with Gallinari and Mosgov who are clearly second rate and seem to have been built up by the team specifically for this trade.

Mr Costanza
02-23-2011, 11:00 PM

Why have you not changed your sig? You made a bet, you lost.

Do the right thing.

drobe86
02-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Nets got the better of this deal by a long shot lol.. While I firmly believe Melo is the better player, the Nets gave up a lot less to get their guy than the Knicks did. Theres no way I give up 3 starters to get a washed up Billups and Melo for 3 young up and comers... Add that to the fact that Melo was going to sign with them as a free agent in the Summer anyway. That trade was terrible... While the Nets give up a washed up devin Harris and a player that no one knows if he'll be that good anyway (favors).. Thats a shame

NYsFinest
02-23-2011, 11:28 PM
I think people forgot that Billups was in the deal... 21 pts, 6 boards, 8 assists without practicing with the team yet.

Give me Billups over Felton, Felton was actually pretty bad the past few months.
Sheldon Williams and Mozgov was a fair swap.
So was Randolph for Brewer.

For Melo all the Knicks gave up was Chandler and Gallo (two guys who play his position) and a 2014 pick (will be in the 20s) I would have done the other trades without Melo being involved and been satisfied. People look at all the other players involved (Randolph, Felton, Mozgov) and dont realize Knicks got equivalent talent in return for all those guys.

Nets only got Deron so they gave up Harris (better than Felton), Favors (3rd pick), A pick that would have been top 5 if the Nets didn't improve and a possible lottery pick for a guy WHO IS ONLY SIGNED FOR ANOTHER YEAR...

how you can say the Nets got a better deal is beyond me.

NYsFinest
double post

knicksfan42
How can people say NJ got a better deal than the Knicks?

To me, it looks like they gave up much more--Favors and Harris, who are both much better prospects than either Gallinari or Felton, and two HIGH unprotected first round draft picks (lottery picks) for this year.

Utah could be drafting 1, 2 and 20 this year.

NY also managed to give away Chandler, who they weren't going to re-sign, Felton who was overpaid and mismatched on the Knicks and Curry's expiring.

Along with Gallinari and Mosgov who are clearly second rate and seem to have been built up by the team specifically for this trade.

^ This (and my sig)

Daze9900
02-23-2011, 11:32 PM
The impact of both trades is great. Williams is that frachise player they were looking for. This will help Lopez get easier buckets. They have a lot of first round picks so the future is definitely bright. The Knicks are definitely in win now mode and still have flexibility in the future. The metro area hoops is back. Def love for both teams right now.

0nekhmer
02-23-2011, 11:37 PM
nets have huge leverage compared to knicks. trading wise. they still have 3 first round picks to grab key players to build around lopez and deron.

ryguy553
02-23-2011, 11:43 PM
^ This (and my sig)

Sort of a bizarre logic. Ok Melo is the best player in the trade we get that. But how are you going to say Williams=Mozgov? It's the guy's first year in the league and he's already showed flashes of brilliance putting up a few 25 and 12 double double type games, he also was the best defender of the paint the Knicks had. Chauncey also may be better than Felton, but he won't play as many minutes which means a whole lot more of Toney Douglas out there. Did I mention that neither STAT nor Melo play any defense?

NYsFinest
02-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Sort of a bizarre logic. Ok Melo is the best player in the trade we get that. But how are you going to say Williams=Mozgov? It's the guy's first year in the league and he's already showed flashes of brilliance putting up a few 25 and 12 double double type games, he also was the best defender of the paint the Knicks had. Chauncey also may be better than Felton, but he won't play as many minutes which means a whole lot more of Toney Douglas out there. Did I mention that neither STAT nor Melo play any defense?

Toney has shown flashes of being really good, Billups is one of the best teachers in the game (Rose and Westbrook rave about him) and he will make Douglas a better player.

HOW THE HELL is Chandler, Gallo, Mozgov > Harris, Favors, 6th pick and possible lottery pick? Nets gave up all this for a guy who isnt guaranteed for the long term.

knicksfan42
02-23-2011, 11:51 PM

Ok firstly, Mozgov had one 24 point 13 rebound game......against the pistons. He had a couple of ok games, and a lot of terrible ones. Williams put up better stats than Mozgov and has started in 32 game for the Nuggets. As for Chauncey, he probably will play a bit less minutes than Felton, but he can also mentor TD. Felton has clearly fallen off since his great start. Did I mention that neither Chandler nor Gallo, nor Felton play any defense.

ryguy553
02-23-2011, 11:51 PM
Toney has shown flashes of being really good, Billups is one of the best teachers in the game (Rose and Westbrook rave about him) and he will make Douglas a better player.

HOW THE HELL is Chandler, Gallo, Mozgov > Harris, Favors, 6th pick and possible lottery pick? Nets gave up all this for a guy who isnt guaranteed for the long term.

Because a lot of those guys are relatively proven young players and you are excluding Felton from that list, and this is said to be one of the weakest draft's in recent memory, add to that that Harris wanted out anyway and Favors looks like a total bust and there ya go.

NYsFinest
02-23-2011, 11:54 PM
Because a lot of those guys are relatively proven young players and you are excluding Felton from that list, and this is said to be one of the weakest draft's in recent memory, add to that that Harris wanted out anyway and Favors looks like a total bust and there ya go.

I'm excluding Felton because I would trade Felton for Billups without Melo being in the picture.

knicks=love
02-23-2011, 11:56 PM
how does deron williams have more votes?! melo has amare and billups with him. williams has... :cricket: . i just don't see it. he won't even stay with the nets. they won't make the playoffs this year, they won't sign anyone that is somewhat good to make a run for the playoffs, and then he'll leave in the summer of 2012. i'm not saying this because i'm a knicks fan, but seriously, come on now.

ryguy553
Ok firstly, Mozgov had one 24 point 13 rebound game......against the pistons. He had a couple of ok games, and a lot of terrible ones. Williams put up better stats than Mozgov and has started in 32 game for the Nuggets. As for Chauncey, he probably will play a bit less minutes than Felton, but he can also mentor TD. Felton has clearly fallen off since his great start. Did I mention that neither Chandler nor Gallo, nor Felton play any defense.

Are you really debating the ceiling between these 2 guys? It's Williams 7th year in the league and he's basically a nobody 2nd or 3rd big man off the bench. Mozgov showed flashes of being a nice young center I guess we will see, there had to be a reason Denver was adamant he was included in the trade or else it was a no go, I doubt the Knicks were demanding Sheldon freakin Williams.

Madtown22
love the nba trade deadline!

ryguy553
02-23-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm excluding Felton because I would trade Felton for Billups without Melo being in the picture.

That logic also applies to Harris and Deron Williams then doesn't it? Unbelievable some of you.

dodgersuck
02-23-2011, 11:58 PM
I say knicks because I don't think any of the pieces they gave up are gonna mean **** in 1-2 years and I doubt D-Wills is gonna resign in Jersey

NYsFinest
02-24-2011, 12:00 AM
Are you really debating the ceiling between these 2 guys? It's Williams 7th year in the league and he's basically a nobody 2nd or 3rd big man off the bench. Mozgov showed flashes of being a nice young center I guess we will see, there had to be a reason Denver was adamant he was included in the trade or else it was a no go, I doubt the Knicks were demanding Sheldon freakin Williams.

I would rather have Mozgov, but its really very minor and we are talking about a top 10-15 player in the game here so worrying over who i would rather have between sheldon and mozgov is really nitpicking. This time last year the Knicks big three was Duhon, Harrington and Lee... now its Billups, Melo and Amare.
The Melo trade got done with makeshift pieces that the Knicks will really not miss. Mozgov was a unknown big man they just bought over the summer, Chandler was leaving because he wants a 10 mill a year extension, Felton was a stopgap PG we signed because there was nobody else to sign. The only person I'll miss is Gallo, but Melo plays the same position and those 2 are not even close.

JFresh_#8Nets
02-24-2011, 12:00 AM

How can you call Favors a bust, based on what? He hasn't even gone through his 1st year of professional basketball is only 19.

ryguy553
02-24-2011, 12:02 AM
I would rather have Mozgov, but its really very minor and we are talking about a top 10-15 player in the game here so worrying over who i would rather have between sheldon and mozgov is really nitpicking. This time last year the Knicks big three was Duhon, Harrington and Lee... now its Billups, Melo and Amare.
The Melo trade got done with makeshift pieces that the Knicks will really not miss. Mozgov was a unknown big man they just bought over the summer, Chandler was leaving because he wants a 10 mill a year extension, Felton was a stopgap PG we signed because there was nobody else to sign. The only person I'll miss is Gallo, but Melo plays the same position and those 2 are not even close.

Guy put up pretty good numbers for a stop gap close to all star type numbers although may he did fall off the horse a bit right before the trade went down probably distracted. I agree to that extent they won't miss many of these pieces although they do have a very thin bench. I definitely think the better trade was the Nets trade though I just really like Deron's game and they gave up less commodities to get him.

apocalypse15
02-24-2011, 12:03 AM

The Knicks are not in a position to exactly "win now" either. Thought maybe you might be trying to say Knicks are a better option, maybe not though. There is only a handful of teams who are in your "win now" category, and I think all of which were not trying to trade for Deron Williams. Jazz are playoff contenders but also not a "win now" team. It's sad to see everything has seem to come to "marketing". What ever happened to just playing the game of basketball and the team you are with? I wasn't around in the 60's, 70's and 80's but was this going on then? When a player would go to a team just for marketing? Back then it seemed loyal to just stay with the team who drafted you, but then again I haven't checked the history on that so I could be wrong. If marketing is all that matters then I don't care about the NBA anymore. Or for any league where marketing is bigger than winning. They make millions to begin with WTF is an extra million to play for a team who wants you because of marketing possibilities VS. winning possibility? It's one thing for owners to think that way because marketing is how they make their money, but players now thinking like owners?

NYsFinest
02-24-2011, 12:03 AM
That logic also applies to Harris and Deron Williams then doesn't it? Unbelievable some of you.

Not sure if you're dumb or pretending. I don't think I need to explain myself, just think about what you said...let me know if you still don't see that the Knicks got TWO starters in their trade and the Nets got ONE

ryguy553
02-24-2011, 12:05 AM
Not sure if you're dumb or pretending. I don't think I need to explain myself, just think about what you said...let me know if you still don't see that the Knicks got TWO starters in their trade and the Nets got ONE

Maybe I misinterpreted you. It sounded like you said the Melo deal aside you would do a 1 for 1 swap of Billups and Felton, something that would also clearly apply for Harris and Williams.

goose15
02-24-2011, 12:06 AM
Knicks win.. they gave up alot but Melo signed an extension, D. Will hasnt

NYKnicks4511
02-24-2011, 12:07 AM
Poll?

Because that player is going to get his *** out of there soon enough, and the Nets will have mortgaged their future for a star they couldn't even re-sign . . .

ryguy553
02-24-2011, 12:09 AM
Knicks win.. they gave up alot but Melo signed an extension, D. Will hasnt

Yes, but I think he will in the future and he's an all around better player to boot add to that that NJ gave up a smaller package to get him and it's the better deal to me by a wide margin.

VinceCarter
02-24-2011, 12:09 AM
Prokhorov won't let this happen, he'll make D-Will happy with where the team will be when his contract is up in our last year before Brooklyn....

quiksilver2491
02-24-2011, 12:11 AM
The Knicks also gave up 3 starters, the Nets gave up 1..

Harris was 100% going to be traded at the deadline, most reports were indicating for Andre Miller. I would easily give up Favors, a lottery pick in a weak draft, and a protected 1st that has potential to be lottery to upgrade from Andre Miller to one of, if not the best PG in the NBA in Deron Williams.

ryguy553
02-24-2011, 12:12 AM
The Knicks also gave up 3 starters, the Nets gave up 1..

Harris was 100% going to be traded at the deadline, most reports were indicating for Andre Miller. I would easily give up Favors, a lottery pick in a weak draft, and a protected 1st that has potential to be lottery to upgrade from Andre Miller to one of, if not the best PG in the NBA in Deron Williams.

Don't even explain I don't even think he knows what he's saying half the time judging by the past few posts.

Metsboi69
02-24-2011, 12:13 AM
Whats interesting about Williams, is that while people think hell leave after next season there are some things that should be considered. First after the new CBA the max contract could be pretty significantly lower then his player option of 18 million in 2013. Second the potential for a franchise tag. Third by the time Williams can opt out in 2012 the Nets will be moving to BK, which will be real exciting and by that time with all the cap room/remaining few picks the Nets will get themselves another star player. In my opinion chances Williams leaves after 2012 are under 15 percent. And if the Nets do sign him to an extension it should be for significantly less thanks to the CBA then what Melo got which will also favor the Nets.

NYsFinest
02-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Yes, but I think he will in the future and he's an all around better player to boot add to that that NJ gave up a smaller package to get him and it's the better deal to me by a wide margin.

NO THEY DIDN'T WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE.... stop counting the number of players they gave up, Nets got ONE player back... Knicks gave up a bunch of role players got Melo, Billups AND role players.

Harris is much better than Felton, to say he had no value because the front office destroyed it is not a good argument. Favors has more value than Chandler and Gallo put together, especially considering the upcoming 60 million dollar extension chandler is going to demand. I dont care how weak the draft is, the pick can easily be top 3 and that alone is also worth more than Chandler and Gallo put together.

Melo AND Billups > Deron Williams

quiksilver2491
02-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Because that player is going to get his *** out of there soon enough, and the Nets will have mortgaged their future for a star they couldn't even re-sign . . .

Says the Knick fan :eyebrow:

Why would he leave NJ? They are going to be in Brooklyn by the time 2012 rolls around, they have the money to sign Deron to a max and still be able to get one or two more superstars to join him. Deron will make more in his option for 2012 then he would be able to signing with any other team. Outside of possibly the Lakers, I don't see any teams that are going to give Deron a better option then Brooklyn.

zambo4president
02-24-2011, 12:15 AM
Nets definitely

goose15
02-24-2011, 12:15 AM

all around better player?? kinda hard to compare a SF and PG

ryguy553
02-24-2011, 12:19 AM
NO THEY DIDN'T WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE.... stop counting the number of players they gave up, they got ONE player back... Knicks gave up a bunch of role players got Melo, Billups AND role players.

Harris is much better than Felton, to say he had no value because the front office destroyed it is not a good argument. Favors has more value than Chandler and Gallo put together, especially considering the upcoming 60 millino dollar extension chandler is going to demand.

I don't know about any of this. They basically gave up favors, and a pick in one of the worst draft's in a long time for a top 10 player. Sounds like the best deal of the deadline to me and apparently the majority agrees.

BklynKnicks3
02-24-2011, 12:23 AM
Mello is top 5 dwill top 10 its so clear people are blind or just Knick haters

NYsFinest
02-24-2011, 12:23 AM
I don't know about any of this. They basically gave up favors, and a pick in one of the worst draft's in a long time for a top 10 player. Sounds like the best deal of the deadline to me and apparently the majority agrees.

If you tell me that Harris, Favors, top 5-6 pick (regardless how weak the draft is), and another possible lottery pick is worth LESS than Chandler, Gallo, Mozgov you are ****ING insane.... A week ago if I proposed that trade in PSD I would be called the biggest HOMER ever, the Knicks would be robbing the Nets blind.

On top of all that NOBODY knows if Deron will be there for longer than a year.

ryguy553
02-24-2011, 12:27 AM

Your opinion. I think d will is the better player makes more of an impact on a nightly basis to me and that sentiment has been echoed on this board as well. I just think the Nets basically drove up the price for Melo and then got their man.

ryguy553
02-24-2011, 12:30 AM
If you tell me that Harris, Favors, top 5-6 pick (regardless how weak the draft is), and another possible lottery pick is worth LESS than Chandler, Gallo, Mozgov you are ****ING insane.... A week ago if I proposed that trade in PSD I would be called the biggest HOMER ever, the Knicks would be robbing the Nets blind.

On top of all that NOBODY knows if Deron will be there for longer than a year.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument. Once again you are including Harris as part of the package the Nets gave up but not including Felton in the Knicks package. If I am a GM the Knicks package with a few young proven scorers, and a pg that has broken out this year along with a nice young big man for the future looks more promising to win than a raw big man, and picks in a terrible draft. Call me crazy.

Kings of Queens
02-24-2011, 12:31 AM
I think both teams did great for their team. Knicks went from being decent to legit and the Nets went from being nothing to decent. Obviously the Nets gave up less but they still have a long way to go. Great improvement for both teams. Neither team is done getting big names imo.

NYsFinest
02-24-2011, 12:34 AM
Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument. Once again you are including Harris as part of the package the Nets gave up but not including Felton in the Knicks package. If I am a GM the Knicks package with a few young proven scorers, and a pg that has broken out this year along with a nice young big man for the future looks more promising to win than a raw big man, and picks in a terrible draft. Call me crazy.

You might be ********, i feel like im talking to myself... i didn't include Felton because the Knicks replaced him with an equivalent/better PG in the trade, hence its not the same as giving away Harris and not recieving a SECOND player of value equal to Harris in return. And to call Mozgov a nice young big man while calling the NUMBER 3 pick from a few months ago a raw big man, shows how dumb your argument really is.

VinceCarter
02-24-2011, 12:36 AM

And the ignorant statements come earlier than I thought. :sigh: :hide:

ryguy553
02-24-2011, 12:38 AM
You might be ********, i feel like im talking to myself... i didn't include Felton because the Knicks replaced him with an equivalent/better PG in the trade, hence its not the same as giving away Harris and not recieving a SECOND player of value equal to Harris in return. And to call Mozgov a nice young big man while calling the NUMBER 3 pick from a few months ago a raw big man, shows how dumb your argument really is.

Just take both trades for what they are stop making your own rules. The Nets replaced Harris with Williams which is why most consider the trade in essence Williams for Favors and a few draft picks. You really would take Favors over Gallo and Chandler right now? I sure wouldn't.

ryguy553
02-24-2011, 12:39 AM
And the ignorant statements come earlier than I thought. :sigh: :hide:

Yep. It is becoming more and more obvious Knicks fan's just want to think they got the best deal because they hate that the Nets stole their thunder with the shock of earlier today and boy did they ever.

DaBear
02-24-2011, 12:39 AM
Utah got raped in that deal, but even though I voted Nets, the Knicks made the better trade since they know Melo will resign with them.

MIKE&IKE's
02-24-2011, 12:41 AM
fact of the matter is: knicks have melo locked up long term. dwill can leave after next year. and the nets are 17-40. so no playoffs this year. and IF they make it next year they probably wont go far unless they upgrade big time. knicks got the better deal because of the possible ramifications. but not by much. (knicks fan)

NYsFinest
02-24-2011, 12:45 AM
Just take both trades for what they are stop making your own rules. The Nets replaced Harris with Williams which is why most consider the trade in essence Williams for Favors and a few draft picks. You really would take Favors over Gallo and Chandler right now? I sure wouldn't.

You still don't get it...Knicks got TWO players in their trade, by your logic then since the Knicks got a PG AND SF replacing Felton and Gallo, so then the Knicks gave up Chandler (WASN'T STAYING, wants a lot of money) and Mozgov (some unknown they bought from overseas that had one good game and 20 awful ones) and a 2014 pick (going to be in the 20s, can be bought for cash)... So the Knicks replaced Felton and Gallo with Billups and Melo and added players that weren't going to be her next year regardless.

Favors (3rd pick) and the "few" draft picks would be lottery picks (one of which could very easily be top 3) is much better than Chandler for 10 mill a year, some bum who had one good game and a late first rounder.

Beltrans Mole
02-24-2011, 12:47 AM
dwill won't resign in new jersey anyways. they gave up all that for a rental, while the knicks have melo locked up long term.

ryguy553
02-24-2011, 12:48 AM
You still don't get it...Knicks got TWO players in their trade, by your logic then since the Knicks got a PG AND SF replacing Felton and Gallo, so then the Knicks gave up Chandler (WASN'T STAYING, wants a lot of money) and Mozgov (some unknown they bought from overseas that had one good game and 20 awful ones) and a 2014 pick (going to be in the 20s, can be bought for cash)... So the Knicks replaced Felton and Gallo with Billups and Melo and added players that weren't going to be her next year regardless.

Favors (3rd pick) and the "few" draft picks would be lottery picks (one of which could very easily be top 3) is much better than Chandler for 10 mill a year, some bum who had one good game and a late first rounder.

I am not saying the Knicks didn't make out good they got their guy and a lot of those pieces like you said were not going to be there past next season, and Felton was a stop gap. I am simply saying NJ got the better deal. Guess we will agree to disagree.

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-24-2011, 12:49 AM
An excerpt from an article by Chris Ford of ESPN regarding NY potentially adding another star.

First, we have to assume that, until we hear otherwise, Anthony will sign a max extension with New York. (If Knicks general manger Donnie Walsh can talk him into taking considerably less, then this picture begins to change.)

The Knicks are expected to have four players -- Anthony (at a little more than $20 million), Stoudemire (at a little less than $20 million), Balkman ($1.7 million) and Toney Douglas ($2 million) -- under contract in the 2012 offseason, adding up to about $44 million in payroll. And that does not include Landry Fields, who will be a restricted free agent that summer, or the Knicks' 2011 first-round draft pick. If the Knicks keep and commit to both, the payroll will be several million higher. If not, the Knicks will also have to account for another eight minimum cap holds (assuming that the new salary cap rules require cap holds, which is likely) to reach the required 12-man roster. That would raise their projected cap another $2.5 million, putting them around $46.5 million.

Assuming the salary cap in 2012 is the same that it is this season ($58 million), the Knicks would be looking at $11.5 million in cap space in 2012. However, no one thinks the cap will stay the same. With the owners asking for major concessions from the players in the new collective bargaining session, the cap will most likely be considerably lower.

If Knicks fans are happy with 45-to-50 wins per season and a likely first-round exit from the playoffs, then this was a winning move. But for all the Knicks fans who say that nothing but a title contender will make them happy, this deal may have actually put their team further from their goal than they think.

:ouch:

Slimsim
02-24-2011, 01:05 AM
I am not saying the Knicks didn't make out good they got their guy and a lot of those pieces like you said were not going to be there past next season, and Felton was a stop gap. I am simply saying NJ got the better deal. Guess we will agree to disagree.

SO if D will Doesn't sign the extension Nets still have the better deal ?

ryguy553
02-24-2011, 01:13 AM
SO if D will Doesn't sign the extension Nets still have the better deal ?

Is that really a question? Of course not. Contingent upon him signing the extension which I think when they add a piece this off season whether it be Zach Randolph, David West, or Caron Butler he will do then yes it is the better deal.

knickfan33
02-24-2011, 01:39 AM
lmao really????

the lack of basketball knowledge on this forum is ridiculous, the knicks turned felton and gallo into mello and billups.... everyone else in that trade was either gone next year or not that good.....

nets didnt even get derron to agree o an extension before trading for him, he'll be gone this summer.

knickfan33
02-24-2011, 01:41 AM
lmao at anyone thinking derron williams is better then melo and billups....

Bornknick73
02-24-2011, 01:41 AM
While I commend the russian for making such a ballsy move I have to say its a potentially disasterous situation.

The Jazz are clearly better then the Nets and he ran the coach out of town. Whats he gonna do if they have a 30-35 win season?

They gave up essentially what they were gonna give for 3 years of melo to get a 100 game rental.

While I understand it was a move that had to be made they paid way too much considering the uncertainty of their situation.

Proky is a great owner but what makes you think hes gonna convince Deron? He couldnt convince James, he couldnt convince Melo so why is he gonna get lucky on the third try?

People say the Knicks panicked, but in actuality the Nets panicked. They didnt land anyone for the second time and they threw their pieces for a guy who they havent even had a chance to speak to yet. The guy was shocked and upset when he heard where he was going. That doesnt bode well.

If I had to weigh the risk vs the assets i would have to say the risk isnt worth it. Melo on a 1 year deal with a 3 year extension is a 4 year investment.

For that you give the amount the Nets offered, but to give for a guy who you have no assurances from after 100 games is way too risky to give away so many assets.

Melo 4 years > Deron for 1 1/2 seasons.

I guess maybe Proky is hoping they will have a franchise tag. How that helps Im not sure because if Deron doesnt want to be there I dont know how forcing him to stay there is gonna help the team.

knickfan33
02-24-2011, 01:45 AM
i really have to stop checking this forum, people here are ridiculous...

really knicks over paid? they traded a handful of role players for a top 5-10 player and billups is a top ten at his position....

nets traded for an already disgruntled PG who is now gonna be on a ***** team in a confernece with the knicks,heat,magic and celtic... yeah im sure he'll stay with the nets to play wit brook lopez or some mediocre FA like zach randolph....

this is such a joke

Bornknick73
02-24-2011, 01:55 AM
i really have to stop checking this forum, people here are ridiculous...

really knicks over paid? they traded a handful of role players for a top 5-10 player and billups is a top ten at his position....

nets traded for an already disgruntled PG who is now gonna be on a ***** team in a confernece with the knicks,heat,magic and celtic... yeah im sure he'll stay with the nets to play wit brook lopez or some mediocre FA like zach randolph....

this is such a joke

Whats really a joke is people trying to convince themselves the Knicks wont have the money for CP3. Thats really funny. And they base it off of a non existent CBA which no one knows anything about yet.

So they assume we cant to make them ease their fears. If the cap goes down then salaries will go down. A 15 mil max today could be a 11 max tomorrow. And if 11 mil is a max whats to say I wont take 10 so I can fit on the team? Of course I cant because Im the Knicks, and no one wants to see it happen.

I guess only James and Wade can take less to fit on a team? Yeah CP3 wont take lesss to join the Knicks. I say why not?

The Knicks are gonna be a serious threat to all the top teams in the next year or so, and that includes Miami.

Its funny how everyone says the Knicks cant afford CP3 but yet no one says how the Heat will fill the bench if the cap goes down? Yeah all the FAs are gonna take the vet min to play there right? Thats what I heard, yet all i see is a big 3 and a bunch of scrubs. If the Knicks are in trouble then where does that put Miami?

Im sure those guys contracts increase each year as well. Im sure it will go to 16 mil a piece in 2012. Thats 48 million for 3 players.

If youre gonna bash us then do it with open eyes, we arent the only ones who it will hurt, it will hurt Miami more.

I may not be able to sign CP3 but I sure as hell will have money to fill my bench.

ryguy553
02-24-2011, 02:15 AM
Knicks fan's gotta chill it's opinion. All things being equal (meaning hypothetically if Deron agrees to extend) I like the Nets trade better it's just that simple. They did not gut their whole team and they got a top 10 talent simple as that.

LA_Raiders
02-24-2011, 02:28 AM
Nets so far, lets see if they can keep him...