PDA

View Full Version : Does Deron Williams Even Re-Sign with NJ?

Nikeman
02-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Ok, so I'll give it to the NJ, they pulled off an AMAZING deal!

BUT... Outside of D-Will/Brook they have nothing!!

This will not even be a top 5 team in the East

Bos, Orl, Mia, Chi, NYK all significantly better!

Question is, does D-will stay?

If not, then is NJ incredibly stupid?

GoatMilk
02-23-2011, 03:12 PM
"the blueprint to greatness"

lebron, wade, amare, bosh, joe johnson, melo all heard the plan, and all said no thanks
one has to believe that deron will say no too

PC
02-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Ok, so I'll give it to the NJ, they pulled off an AMAZING deal!

BUT... Outside of D-Will/Brook they have nothing!!

This will not even be a top 5 team in the East

Bos, Orl, Mia, Chi, NYK all significantly better!

Question is, does D-will stay?

If not, then is NJ incredibly stupid?

They do have a lot of cap space so it's not like they're capped out

hdxstunts1
02-23-2011, 03:13 PM
I dont think he will, unless they managed to get a lot of talent and quickly, he's gone!

Furymaker
02-23-2011, 03:14 PM
You all are boring with those threads , I dont care if he resign with them .
Did you even consider that Howard wants out of Magic just like D-Will wanted , so Nets can trade Kim Kardashian and Brook Lopez with some picks for superman , and there you go , another superteam in the making ...
And add that they are moving to Brooklyn ...

justinnum1
yes, they will have his bid rights, and 99% of the time it comes down to who can offer the most money

Gators123
Doubt it

DaBUU
I doubt he does. What I'm hearing (on the radio), is that he was completely surprised by this move and is shocked. He really thought he was going to push out a Legendary coach without and consequences.

Weezy
It's a step in the right direction for that franchise. They will improve for the rest of the season and the CBA needs to be finalized in the end of July I am guessing? We gotta see from there...

kblo247
02-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Either he re-signs or they flip him for more talent than Harris and Favors would have gotten them. It was smart on their parts because Harris was pushing his way out the door and Favors is just a 6 and 5 guy who Hump has out classed all year.

Plus: Avery Johnson: "We're not done yet." From @Al_Iannazzone

Nikeman
02-23-2011, 03:16 PM
yes, they will have his bid rights, and 99% of the time it comes down to who can offer the most money

Bro, if winning matters to him, money will be sacrificed..

100 mill over 125? come on lol

PC
02-23-2011, 03:17 PM
I doubt he does. What I'm hearing (on the radio), is that he was completely surprised by this move and is shocked. He really thought he was going to push out a Legendary coach without and consequences.

From what I've read, it seems like the reason he's pissed is because he was working out with teammates and found out by watching ESPN

Nikeman
02-23-2011, 03:17 PM
From what I've read, it seems like the reason he's pissed is because he was working out with teammates and found out by watching ESPN

In my mind, that is how deals should be done, without the drama, ala Melo

Laxer38922
02-23-2011, 03:18 PM
They will be able to offer the most cash which is what most players are trying to get. So they resign him if that's what he is looking for, It also gives them time to try to rebuild this team before the next trade deadline if he cares more about winning. If it is not looking like he will stay they trade him for a decent loot.

PC
02-23-2011, 03:19 PM

You think that players should find out by watching ESPN? Come on, the Jazz should have at least given him a call. I don't like Deron but that was flat out disrespectful

kblo247

Yeah deals should be quiet (read about Gasol, Pau) but you should also pull the guy aside and tell him he has been dealt. That was why it was so ****ed up to see Vujacic traded and learning about it right after the game from John Ireland

Antipod
Only if they land Howard

Nikeman
02-23-2011, 03:21 PM
You think that players should find out by watching ESPN? Come on, the Jazz should have at least given him a call. I don't like Deron but that was flat out disrespectful

Oh no.. Deron should have been informed yes, but not the media.

Frantico
02-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Disrespectful PC521? God only knows the levels of disrespect Dwill showed the team behind closed doors.

DITKA4GOV
02-23-2011, 03:23 PM
I just don't understand whay NJ would do this without a plan to resign Dwill to a long term contract. You don't become a billionare by taking bone headed risks... there has to be something to this trade that is no fully revealed itself.

_Supreme_
02-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Let's not worry about this for at least about another year, shall we?

In the meantime he will be playing for the Nets regardless.

I'm sure that they gets things done eventually and that he will resign.

kblo247
02-23-2011, 03:24 PM
I just don't understand whay NJ would do this without a plan to resign Dwill to a long term contract. You don't become a billionare by taking bone headed risks... there has to be something to this trade that is no fully revealed itself.

Avery Johnson went on record of saying they aren't done yet

Arch Stanton
02-23-2011, 03:24 PM

Because LeBron had no drama what-so-ever with "The Decision."???:facepalm:

I think D-Will will stay depending on whether the Nets can get someone like Dwight Howard. But their going in the right direction.

Nikeman
02-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Avery Johnson went on record of saying they aren't done yet

Don't see something that big happening though!

kblo247
02-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Take it for what it is worth as the shock has worn off fromseeing himself being traded on ESPN

@Al_Iannazzone Al Iannazzone

King said he talked to Deron Williams and he's "excited" about coming to the Nets.

kblo247
02-23-2011, 03:26 PM

I agree with you, but a few more pieces wouldn't hurt depending on what they have lined up.

DITKA4GOV
02-23-2011, 03:27 PM

Am I the only person that finds the irony in this statement funny. "Without the drama huh, ala Melo" Did you even see the ESPN... "The Decision." Talk about drama. I agree, just find your statement funny backed by a picture of the Heat.

Nikeman
02-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Am I the only person that finds the irony in this statement funny. "Without the drama huh, ala Melo" Did you even see the ESPN... "The Decision." Talk about drama. I agree, just find your statement funny backed by a picture of the Heat.

LeBron can be thrown in there too easy, I was just referring to this season, but I sure as hell don't respect what LBJ did either.

bootleg42
02-23-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't see him re-signing. The Nets don't even have decent role players. And they traded their draft picks that could have gotten them decent pieces.

The Nets seems to be intent on going the James Dolan route. Dolan's route led the Knicks to a decade of losing. Only when Dolan was forced to hire a basketball guy (Donnie Walsh) did the Knicks get a chance to come back. But if Dolan starts being Dolan again, the Knicks will fall again.

The Nets seem to be taking this route. I have to say that D-Wil will see through all the smoke and he'll easily go elsewhere.

jkcronyn
02-23-2011, 03:31 PM
yo i think to judge the nets front office would have been fine if they had gotten melo with no extension in sight cause he woulda been gone for sure. For deron they have a whole year to wheel and deal and grab him another superstar. Trust me, the nets wouldn't do this deal without thinking there was another star headed their way.

kblo247
@ bootleg - Deron doesn't eat vaseline

ackar
First it is a great deal for all teams involved.

Secondly NJ could not put a condition that D Will sign a contract extension because he is not eligible until July 2011.

Third the CBA will change it is almost guaranteed there will be some sort of Franchise type tag.

Fourth NJ will be under the cap if they do not add more contracts so they will have room even under the new CBA to maneuver.

Fifth NJ will be the only one to offer him the most money unless they change the language of the CBA and take away bird rights. Which is doubtful because that would mean even more player movement.

That is all continue with your day.

kblo247
02-23-2011, 03:33 PM
First it is a great deal for all teams involved.

Secondly NJ could not put a condition that D Will sign a contract extension because he is not eligible until July 2011.

Third the CBA will change it is almost guaranteed there will be some sort of Franchise type tag.

Fourth NJ will be under the cap if they do not add more contracts so they will have room even under the new CBA to maneuver.

Fifth NJ will be the only one to offer him the most money unless they change the language of the CBA and take away bird rights. Which is doubtful because that would mean even more player movement.

That is all continue with your day.

Not necessarily and it has already been said that the tag wouldn't apply to deals signed under the current CBA by analysts

DITKA4GOV
02-23-2011, 03:34 PM
It just appears to be a big risk to trade those pieces for a player that could opt out and leave the Nets with nothing but a season and 1/4 of ball. I love the Nets getting Dwill, just hope they can surround him with some more talent. Boy, was the Outlaw signing a mistake!

Nikeman
02-23-2011, 03:36 PM
The risk is big, because if D-WIll leaves after next yr, then Utah easily wins the deal, and NJ gets a half yr rental.

NJ needs another super-star along with some quality role players to even COMPETE in the East.

If they get a scorer at like the SF position, they would be pretty nasty though!

jrm2054
02-23-2011, 03:44 PM
he will resign bc the nets will build around him in the next year.

infernoscurse
02-23-2011, 04:05 PM
he wont and will take his talents to miami

ackar
02-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Not necessarily and it has already been said that the tag wouldn't apply to deals signed under the current CBA by analysts

I don't see how that would make sense. Because stars and so to be stars who are currently signed under the present CBA can still do a Melo or a Lebron.

kblo247
02-23-2011, 04:15 PM
I don't see how that would make sense. Because stars and so to be stars who are currently signed under the present CBA can still do a Melo or a Lebron.

Old terms of deals are grandfathered in just like money and David Aldridge and the guys discussed that on The Beat. It won't change anything for Paul/Deron/Dwight until to their next teams or contracts.

JerseysFinest
02-23-2011, 04:17 PM
He'll resign. Not surprised people are already hating on the Nets though. Besides the fact that they'll be opening up in BK in a brand new arena when he is up for an extension, they can offer him the most money, and the Nets will surely improve the talent on the roster

ackar
02-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Old terms of deals are grandfathered in just like money and David Aldridge and the guys discussed that on The Beat. It won't change anything for Paul/Deron/Dwight until to their next teams or contracts.

Ok we will see...but what if Favors blows up in dEN because an all star then wants out? His deal was signed with the current CBA if I get your meaning right there will be no franchise tag for contracts made under the current CBA?

Westbrook36
I honestly would stick around if I was him, depending on what Brook Lopez is able to do with chemistry wise. If they can add a player at the wings that is a threat and some other teams then they could end up being a very strong team, they do have a lot of capspace open.

BigBlueCrew
Doubt it.

Madtown22
02-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Taxi........ MSG please (D. Williams)

kblo247
02-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Ok we will see...but what if Favors blows up in dEN because an all star then wants out? His deal was signed with the current CBA if I get your meaning right there will be no franchise tag for contracts made under the current CBA?

Deron, Paul, and Dwight's extensions if they sign this summer fall under the old CBA. If they sign next season they are part of the new CBA according to them and even Broussard on ESPN. So, Favors when he extends would be part of the new CBA.

Cub_StuckinSTL
02-23-2011, 04:26 PM

Without the drama? Says the guy with the heat sig :rolleyes:

laxtonto
02-23-2011, 04:27 PM

Go look to the NHL and see how they restructured everything... They did not GF anything. most likely the franchise tag will be available after the lock out.

I would expect to see a tiered salary reduction across the board and elimination or reduction of extension amounts and lengths..

That is the funniest thing about Melo wanting to get dealt so he gets his extension. He will be making more than almost everyone after the lockout but it is unlikely he gets the full amount.

hugepatsfan
02-23-2011, 04:42 PM
If CP3 goes to NY, what other choices does D-Will really have? BOS has cap space that year, but they won't sign him because of Rondo. The Magic don't have enough cap to add Dwight and another max. The Heat obviously can't afford him. LA will likely focus on Dwight. The Nets have a talented young roster and are moving to a pretty big market. The only competition the Nets will have for D-Will, unless I'm missing something, will be the Lakers if they lose out on Dwight.

The Clippers could also get involved. They only have $18.85 mil committed in team salary the year D-Will is a FA. But that doesn't include Griffen's 7+ mil option or Eric Bledsoe's team option. Eric Gordon will also be a RFA that year, and I expect them to have to pay heavily to retain him. DeAndre Jordan also needs to be extended before then too (up after this year, according to Hoopshype). The LA teams are the only competition IMO, and I think both of them are stretches to go for D-Will.

Lakeshow86
02-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Well, It think if they are planning on bringing in more talent than yes he sould resign. He, Lopez and a few other pieces could be a good team. But who knows. He could very well go across town and join Melo and Amara. If thats the case it was a dumb move by the nets who just got a rent a player on a team that isnt going anywhere this year.

JordansBulls
02-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Either he re-signs or they flip him for more talent than Harris and Favors would have gotten them. It was smart on their parts because Harris was pushing his way out the door and Favors is just a 6 and 5 guy who Hump has out classed all year.

Plus: Avery Johnson: "We're not done yet." From @Al_Iannazzone

This.. They can always send him to Orlando. They would do about any trade as long as Dwight isn't involved to keep Dwight.

John Walls Era
02-23-2011, 05:12 PM
It will be Brooklyn when Deron resigns.

daboywonder2002
02-23-2011, 05:18 PM
no one thought jason kidd would resign with the nets either. but he stayed longer than expected.

dtmagnet
02-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Unless someone else can pay him more I think he'll re-sign. You gotta play somewhere...

Dade County
02-23-2011, 06:33 PM
he wont and will take his talents to miami

just stop it. Even though it put a smile on my face lol

DwayneMVPwade
02-23-2011, 06:39 PM
If he stays Great move. If he doesnt stay horrible move. If I was NJ I wouldnt of done the move. Deron says he wants to go to NY and join Amare sooooo....

TrueFan420
02-23-2011, 06:56 PM

fair enough but i bet you didnt see williams getting traded to the nets either... so maybe just maybe they might have something else lined up too.

WadeCounty
02-23-2011, 06:58 PM
idk why was he even traded to begin with, I dont understand why utah would be so scared of losing deron if there really is going to be something like a franchise tag that's being rumored around

sintaks12
02-23-2011, 07:01 PM
I'd love for him to stay and NJ build a team around him. Then in 2012 if/when the Knicks pickup CP3, that would be a sick cross-town rivalry. Although I fear that most in attendance would be cheering for the Knicks. Bonus, more home games for us.

netsgiantsyanks
02-23-2011, 07:03 PM
If he stays Great move. If he doesnt stay horrible move. If I was NJ I wouldnt of done the move. Deron says he wants to go to NY and join Amare sooooo....

it would of been a horrible move if we gave up as much as we were rumored to give up in the carmelo deal. but we didnt so if he leaves, it'll obviously be bad, but not as bad.

hugepatsfan
02-23-2011, 07:06 PM

It doesn't matter where he wants to go. NY wants CP3. If they have enough for D-Will, that means they have enough for CP3 and he's their first choice.

rurichie
02-23-2011, 07:17 PM

I heard it was because his wife would have to move and she is pregnant

rurichie
02-23-2011, 07:20 PM

never said that directly and people are calling that rumor about the whole ny thing false

Tony_Starks
02-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Not sure if he signs but having one of the best pg's in the league with a year and a new franchise to convince him to stay is not a horrible thing at all... Plus they now have a legit pg and C, the two hardest pieces to find so I would think they can fill in the rest with complimentary players...