PDA

View Full Version : are the nets ok in the brain?

nytillidie
02-23-2011, 02:15 PM
whats the nets owner doing really? smart trade but i hear d will is pissed about the trade....they cant control him free agent class of 2012 why do this....it reminds me of melo.....he wanted nothing to do with the nets either? :facepalm:

jkiddvc20
02-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Where did you hear he was pissed about the trade? Lmao

dhopisthename
02-23-2011, 02:18 PM
from some tweets out there. he is stunned and not happy about the trade

jkiddvc20
02-23-2011, 02:19 PM

With all due respect we saw in the whole Melo saga how reliable Tweets are...

tdunk21
02-23-2011, 02:22 PM
rumors and nothing else......

am sure...nets will try to land another big name FA this summer....

williams might be pissed coz he went from a playoff team to non-playoff team....

Sandman
02-23-2011, 02:24 PM
the other basketball sites (that get censored out when they're typed here) are reporting he's upset

Swashcuff
02-23-2011, 02:25 PM
So if Mikhail Prokhorov is able to get players like Taysaun Prince (cheaply) and Al Horford this odd season and turn the around into potential contenders would he really be so foolish.

I mean its pure speculation but that is exactly what he's going to attempt to do put a good team around their new franchise player.

Swashcuff
02-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Kobe was upset with the Lakers for failing to put a good team around him and they were able to eventually. As time passes Deron will cool off and then we'd really be able to evaluate if the Nets were smart or not.

laxtonto
02-23-2011, 02:28 PM
pissed not about the trade as much as pissed about finding out of it on ESPN while in the trainers room instead of being notified by either team...

Most likely it will just fade away.. too much money tied into his option to leave after 2012

Flash3
02-23-2011, 02:30 PM

williams might be pissed coz he went from a playoff team to non-playoff team....

who ?

Swashcuff
02-23-2011, 02:31 PM
who ?

Al Horford? :shrug:

ClayMatthews
02-23-2011, 02:32 PM
I hope he leaves. If he doesnt stick around for years to come this will go down as one of the worst trades in history.

Swashcuff
02-23-2011, 02:33 PM
What the OP doesn't understand is that Deron isn't mad at the Nets. He is mad at the fact that he had to find out via news reports and was not given a heads up by the Jazz organization. He isn't just mad that he's going to the Nets he's mad because he is feeling betrayed. Simple as that.

DeadlyVeyerus31
02-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Why would he be happy?? He is going from a possible playoff team, to a team where he has no talent around him at all and if I read right. They gave up their lottery bound pick this year. Would you be happy with a starting lineup of:

Williams
Morrow
Outlaw
Humphries
Lopez

b1e9a8r5s
02-23-2011, 02:34 PM
He's bought a year with Williams. He has time to build around him and convince him the team is heading in the right direction. He will probably (new cba) have some form of advantage in terms of what the team can pay him. Makes sense to me.

Rego247
02-23-2011, 02:35 PM
Al Horford? :shrug:

al horford signed an extension with the hawks last year i believe.

sportzkid1503
02-23-2011, 02:36 PM
whats the nets owner doing really? smart trade but i hear d will is pissed about the trade....they cant control him free agent class of 2012 why do this....it reminds me of melo.....he wanted nothing to do with the nets either? :facepalm:

nytillidie go wahhhhh

Killinmesoftly
02-23-2011, 02:37 PM

This is nothing but rumors just like this post... stop hating Knicks fan:mad::mad:
:horse:

Sandman
02-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Horford signed an extension for 5/60

and the only thing the nets have going for them is Brook Lopez.

Swashcuff
02-23-2011, 02:39 PM
al horford signed an extension with the hawks last year i believe.

O yeah my bad 5/60 mil brain fart

Flash3
02-23-2011, 02:41 PM
atleast their game in the 02 arena in london will be a better representation of the league.

Slimsim
02-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Maybe he stays IDK i just seen a thread saying Deron wanted to go to NY with amare. I prefer Cp3 though

Yunqn
02-23-2011, 02:42 PM
who ?

umm dwight howard?

you guys would be stupid to think a washed up and tied down gilbert arenas & hedo will keep dwight from leaving.. and no one wants to make a move with orlando because they really have nothing..dwight will be traded before the free agency so they can get as mcuh as possible..

you'll be on drugs to say that he goes to the lakers for adnrew bynum over what the nets could offer orlando if he HAS to be traded.. brook lopez( will be a 23 yr old with the potiential of being a future all star with no injury history) 2-3 1st round draft picks and kris humprhies..

ala melo.. no one thought a derrick favors & devin harris could almost land a melo..

that deal will be the same.. get a grip people..
the league is changing and teams will HAVE to make a move because of what lebron did..

dwight WILL be in another teams jersey when its all said and done.. and there isnt another team that makes more sense than brooklyn now with deron,cap space, and the trading package they can offer..orlando will be back to the old days of losing because of the long term contracts.. and plus they are WAY over the cap to even keep guys like richardson or reddick next season...

Swashcuff
02-23-2011, 02:44 PM
umm dwight howard?

you guys would be stupid to think a washed up and tied down gilbert arenas & hedo will keep dwight from leaving.. and no one wants to make a move with orlando because they really have nothing..dwight will be traded before the free agency so they can get as mcuh as possible..

you'll be on drugs to say that he goes to the lakers for adnrew bynum over what the nets could offer orlando if he HAS to be traded.. brook lopez( will be a 23 yr old with the potiential of being a future all star) 2-3 1st round draft picks and kris humprhies..

ala melo.. no one thought a derrick favors & devin harris could almost land a melo..

that deal will be the same.. get a grip people.. the league is changing and teams will HAVE to make a move because of what lebron did..

You wasted a lot of time typing bro. Dwight has an ETO in 2012 he is not going to be a FA this offseason.

Killinmesoftly
02-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Besides there is similarities between deron williams trade and Jason williams trade.. both players didnt want to play with the nets, one is 26 years olds and the other was 28 when he got trade..they were known by firing their coaches and they have controversies outside the court. What happen to Jkidd after 2 years playing with the Nets? he resigned .. what may happen to dWill after to years? will see.. most likely he will resign cus he will see the great future the Nets have and a great expender on Proky...great move by the Nets

Flash3
02-23-2011, 02:46 PM
umm dwight howard?

you'll be on drugs to say that he goes to the lakers for adnrew bynum over what the nets could offer orlando if he HAS to be traded.. brook lopez( will be a 23 yr old with the potiential of being a future all star) 2-3 1st round draft picks and kris humprhies..

that deal will be the same.. get a grip people.. the league is changing and teams will HAVE to make a move because of what lebron did..

good ****ing luck !

Edit: and dwight wont be a FA this year.

Carey
02-23-2011, 02:47 PM
They are banking on being able to do enough by 2012 to be able to convince him to stay. It's definetely a gamble and if he decides he doesnt want to stay i guess we will be talking about another D-Will trade at next years deadline. Im not saying its a bad move but its a bold one.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-23-2011, 02:47 PM
They drastically improved their team. I would say yes.

Are you OK in the brain?

sportzkid1503
02-23-2011, 02:50 PM
They drastically improved their team. I would say yes.

Are you OK in the brain?

yeah hes just a knicks fan crying :( nytillidie go wahhhhhh :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yunqn
02-23-2011, 02:51 PM

I hope he leaves. If he doesnt stick around for years to come this will go down as one of the worst trades in history.

no offense but you guys have to be haters or just retarts..
like i said no offense but take it how you want it..

this is the best deal in recent memory.. the nets give up harris who they never wanted and favors barely showed any promise but just pre draft hype ever since they got him..

and even if those guys ended up being good for utah.. you PROBABLY HAVE THE BEST POINT GUARD FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS and have almost a max contract to offer in the future to pair him up.. this is a run away deal for the nets.. ima bulls fan and if i was a utah fan i'll be ripping my head off after see'in the knicks had to give up soo much after it was rumored to be soo little..

superstar players dont be had for a above average point guard and a promising pf who may not pan out.. and even if he does it will take awhile and wont be as special as most thought.

D Roses Bulls
02-23-2011, 02:52 PM
no offense, but this just sounds like the OP is jealous that the nets pretty much got the better of the knicks in every way

jkcronyn
02-23-2011, 02:57 PM
well truly i think they have something up their sleeve... another star coming or something, no one gives the nets front office enough credit, they know what their doing, its why they didnt go for melo

Pierzynski4Prez
02-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Nets made the Knicks give up extra assets for Melo they didn't want to.

Nets turned around and got player just as good as melo for a lot less.

Nets are just fine in the brain.

Yunqn
02-23-2011, 02:58 PM
You wasted a lot of time typing bro. Dwight has an ETO in 2012 he is not going to be a FA this offseason.

good ****ing luck !

Edit: and dwight wont be a FA this year.

no one said he was

and just like knicks fans saying they would get melo.. everyone brushed them off and said get real.. just like no one thought the nets would get deron..they did the same..

give me atleast 1 reason why dwight should stay? gilbert .. turk.. lmao really? jameer? get real..ima bulls fan anyways so i really dont care.. but the magic are screwed in the future more than what new jersey was..

new jersey like i said has a better trading package and dwight will have to be traded.. orlando cant gamble on him wanting to stay and therfore take the best package available.. and who has a better package than new jersey?

:facepalm: you guys are going to be the same people who keep doubting what the league is turning into.. you guys need to seriously catch up.. the nets are in the exact same position as the knicks months ago when their fans were saying why cant we get great players.. and they did..

tdunk21
02-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Nets made the Knicks give up extra assets for Melo they didn't want to.

Nets turned around and got player just as good as melo for a lot less.

Nets are just fine in the brain.

williams > melo

topdog
02-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Who cares if he actually is pissed? The difference is D-Will is locked up for another year and it gives NJ a bit more attraction to FAs having a franchise 1 and 5 in place. If they can find a good wing, they've got a nice start on Brooklyn and a better chance of keeping D-Will.

Worst case: you trade him in a year to wherever he wants to sign so he can get the extra $$$

tangent12
02-23-2011, 03:09 PM
No matter is he's pissed or not, he is still a very valuable trading chip if the Nets do decide it's not going to work out. I know of teams who could really use Williams and would offer quite a lot for him.

Also, he could be pissed at the moment but I'm positive the Nets are trying to build a contender and Williams is certainly not the last move they'll make.

Flash3
02-23-2011, 03:10 PM
no one said he was

and just like knicks fans saying they would get melo.. everyone brushed them off and said get real.. just like no one thought the nets would get deron..they did the same..

give me atleast 1 reason why dwight should stay? gilbert .. turk.. lmao really? jameer? get real..ima bulls fan anyways so i really dont care.. but the magic are screwed in the future more than what new jersey was..

new jersey like i said has a better trading package and dwight will have to be traded.. orlando cant gamble on him wanting to stay and therfore take the best package available.. and who has a better package than new jersey?

:facepalm: you guys are going to be the same people who keep doubting what the league is turning into.. you guys need to seriously catch up.. the nets are in the exact same position as the knicks months ago when their fans were saying why cant we get great players.. and they did..

who ?

... we're disputing that.

Reddd
02-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Maybe the Jazz got scared of the idea of him leaving via free agency, so they decided to erase the problem as early as possible? Hope that's not true

Yunqn
02-23-2011, 03:12 PM
... we're disputing that.

lmao did you read the names of who said that?

because u look stupid trying to say i did right now..

GeekInThePink
02-23-2011, 03:13 PM
I think this was a great trade. The Nets management has a year to negotiate with him and get him use to the area, and if he doesn't sign with them they can cut their losses and trade him for a big return.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-23-2011, 03:14 PM
williams > melo

Your opinion, to me Williams=Melo

But Williams + Stat>>>Melo+Stat

But chauncey came too, so it doesn't even matter

Flash3
02-23-2011, 03:16 PM
lmao did you read the names of who said that?

because u look stupid trying to say i did right now..

did i say you did ? your the one that came out of nowhere with your snarky responses as if you you're offended.

oak2455
02-23-2011, 03:17 PM
With all due respect we saw in the whole Melo saga how reliable Tweets are...

Utah traded DWill?? #EpicFail #notagoodlook #trippin #cmonson @MattMitnick
1 minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

thats his buddy CP3:eyebrow:

kblo247
02-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Avery Johnson: "We're not done yet." From @Al_Iannazzone

Flash3
02-23-2011, 03:18 PM
I never said I wanted to leave stop reading the rumors. It's really stupid. And annoying to be hones

- twitter
-dwight

TheGreenMonster
02-23-2011, 03:22 PM

Spoken like a true Knicks fan.

Quietmoney
02-23-2011, 03:23 PM
no offense, but this just sounds like the OP is jealous that the nets pretty much got the better of the knicks in every way

You bulls fans are funny! You need to worry about trying to win a game against the knicks this season because it hasn't gotten any easier with the trade we just made. And as far as hating on the Nets, there's no need to. I actually want them to be relevant when they come to bk cuz that's where I'm from! The only difference between our trade and there's is that Carmelo is locked in and Deron can leave.

Oh... just on espn they said they didn't let Deron know that he was being traded. He found out on sportscenter!! DISRESPECTFUL!!!!

Stuckey#3
02-23-2011, 03:24 PM

Jerry Sloan's revenge!

jrm2054
02-23-2011, 03:41 PM
this was smart they will build around him in the next year via free agency and trades. He will resign next season be4 the move to brooklyn.

LA_Raiders
02-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Dang, Jazz in rebuild mode...