PDA

View Full Version : Forgot about Billups

knicksfan42
02-23-2011, 02:06 PM
It seems 99% of the forum have forgotten about the fact that Chauncey Billups was also acquired by the Knicks in the Melo trade. Now many on the forum said that Billups is a top 10 PG. Why then is his acquisition being ignored? How do you feel about the Billups trade?

John Walls Era
02-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Why do you care?

Bornknick73
02-23-2011, 02:11 PM
I'd have to agree with JW on this one.

Knicks and Melo are old news. And as a Knick fan I dont really care what the NBA forum has to think about our trade. Its over and its time to move on. We dragged it out long enough.

BigBlueCrew
02-23-2011, 02:13 PM
They're just being haters. No need to worry about em.

Big Zo
02-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Didn't he wanna get bought out?

sep11ie
02-23-2011, 02:15 PM

Yea, I also heard he wanted to castrate himself and sign with Miami.

Metsboi69
02-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Hillarious look what proky did.. Knick fan starving for attention. :clap:

BigBlueCrew
02-23-2011, 02:17 PM

That's only if he was traded to the Nets. He hasnt made that statement yet with regards to the Knicks.

Cubs Win
02-23-2011, 02:18 PM
This is far from thread worthy. It's not all about the Knicks you know.

Bullsfan22
02-23-2011, 02:21 PM
another knicks thread

goose14741
02-23-2011, 02:22 PM
This is far from thread worthy. It's not all about the Knicks you know.

A possible future HOF pg and 5 time all start and world champion just got traded to play in the highest market and the greatest basketball city in the world, but your right thats not thread worthy.

DITKA4GOV
02-23-2011, 02:26 PM
The reason no one is really discussing Billups is the fact that he is not the player he used to be. He is serviceable, but not leading any team to the promise land anymore. Once was a top-10 PG, probably sits just outside that now. Lets take a look at that;

Rose
Rondo
Paul
Dwill
Westbrook
Nash
Parker
J.Wall
Kidd
Billups...

Wow, the league is really hurting at PG. My appolgies... you are right. He is top 10 PG in the league. But who in there right mind is excited about getting a Billups at this point in his career. If I was a Knicks fan, I would have prefered Dwill trade over what they gave up/received in the Melo trade. But that's my opinion. I also should state I am a big Dwill fan...

Hitman21
02-23-2011, 02:28 PM
another knicks thread

Child Please...for the past 3 years bulls fans have been flooding this forum with anything bulls related..especially about rose...i think the knicks fans have room for a few threads here n there. If you dont like it, dont view it

The BodyGuard
02-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Billups - Melo - Amare is a nice core to start with

Crackadalic
02-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Billups(expires in 2012)/Melo>D-will who didnt sign a extension yet nuff said

The Jokemaker
02-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Because people are fickle and whimsical and may or may not have common sense. I understand where you're coming from but it's hard to just make a point to "prove" peeps wrong in an online forum. Most of the time it falls on deaf ears.

CTCUBBIES
02-23-2011, 02:32 PM
The Knicks already want to replace him. Obviously they aren't even that high on him at this point

justinnum1
02-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Hillarious look what proky did.. Knick fan starving for attention. :clap:
this!!!! lmfao

hdxstunts1
02-23-2011, 02:33 PM
No one is forgetting about a PG that is past his prime and on a steady decline to retirement within 3 years.

Including Billups himself who doesnt want to be a Knick.

ClayMatthews
02-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Billups is past his prime. who cares.

nolin
02-23-2011, 02:35 PM
It seems 99% of the forum have forgotten about the fact that Chauncey Billups was also acquired by the Knicks in the Melo trade. Now many on the forum said that Billups is a top 10 PG. Why then is his acquisition being ignored? How do you feel about the Billups trade?

this year billups is not better then felton. hes gettin up there in age and is obviously a 1 year rental

Cubs Win
A possible future HOF pg and 5 time all start and world champion just got traded to play in the highest market and the greatest basketball city in the world, but your right thats not thread worthy.

You're right, it's not. Especially when the OP is just complaining that no ones noticing. I'm sure everyone has heard. The big part of the deal is Melo though, so it would make sense that's who most people are talking about. :eyebrow:

BigBlueCrew
No one is forgetting about a PG that is past his prime and on a steady decline to retirement within 3 years.

Including Billups himself who doesnt want to be a Knick.

where did he say that?

Melo15
02-23-2011, 02:37 PM
What's the point of this? Both teams made trades to improve their rosters, move on. It sucks the Nets stole the Knicks thunder but there's no need to get pissy about it.

goose14741
02-23-2011, 02:38 PM
The reason no one is really discussing Billups is the fact that he is not the player he used to be. He is serviceable, but not leading any team to the promise land anymore. Once was a top-10 PG, probably sits just outside that now. Lets take a look at that;

Rose
Rondo
Paul
Dwill
Westbrook
Nash
Parker
J.Wall
Kidd
Billups...

Wow, the league is really hurting at PG. My appolgies... you are right. He is top 10 PG in the league. But who in there right mind is excited about getting a Billups at this point in his career. If I was a Knicks fan, I would have prefered Dwill trade over what they gave up/received in the Melo trade. But that's my opinion. I also should state I am a big Dwill fan...

wait....your serious with that list????
hahahaha
try this
1.Paul
2.Williams
3.Rondo
4.Rose
5.Nash
6.Billups
7.Westbrook
8.Parker
9.Kidd
10.Felton

point is billups is easily sixth at the least and just wanted to show you where Rose/the second coming of jesus in chicago really belongs

Bullsfan22
02-23-2011, 02:40 PM
What's the point of this? Both teams made trades to improve their rosters, move on. It sucks the Nets stole the Knicks thunder but there's no need to get pissy about it.

pretty much.

kyubi256
02-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Actually Billups has made a statement... Donnie went on FAN with Mike yesterday and he said that Billups is excited to be here and will get himself into better shape.

BigBlueCrew
02-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Actually Billups has made a statement... Donnie went on FAN with Mike yesterday and he said that Billups is excited to be here and will get himself into better shape.

Thats exactly what I heard. People are just making stuff up to make their point.

Klivlend
02-23-2011, 02:44 PM
YES! Finally! A thread where I can talk about the Melo trade!

So what do you guys think about Melo and Billups in NYK?!? Does this make the Knicks true contenders this year?! Who's team is it, Amar'e or Melo?! Who do you think is better, Amar'e or Melo?! How do you think the trade will effect the Knicks defense?! Has the East surpassed the West?! So many questions! Yay for this thread!

Heater4life
02-23-2011, 02:46 PM
Yea, I also heard he wanted to castrate himself and sign with Miami.

There goes his big shot.

:laugh2:

goose14741
02-23-2011, 02:47 PM
YES! Finally! A thread where I can talk about the Melo trade!

So what do you guys think about Melo and Billups in NYK?!? Does this make the Knicks true contenders this year?! Who's team is it, Amar'e or Melo?! Who do you think is better, Amar'e or Melo?! How do you think the trade will effect the Knicks defense?! Has the East surpassed the West?! So many questions! Yay for this thread!

sarcasm is a sin

Killinmesoftly
02-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Not better than Dwill. LOL...
Knicks are looking good

Heater4life
02-23-2011, 02:49 PM
I say we make a trade about how the league is unfair and how D-Will forced his way out of Utah and is getting ready to build another superteam.

Killinmesoftly
02-23-2011, 02:52 PM

Rose
Rondo
Paul
Dwill
Westbrook
Nash
Parker
J.Wall
Kidd
Billups...

mmm not :
This is my top PG in the NBA:
Rose
Dwill
rondo
CP3
Westbrook

Pierzynski4Prez
02-23-2011, 02:53 PM
I forgot that everybody already knew Billups was part of the deal

Slimsim
I just hope TD and Rautins can learn something from Billups

Klivlend
sarcasm is a sin

That's a fat ****ing lie. And, lieing is a sin.

tangent12
02-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Billups who?

nytillidie
02-23-2011, 03:09 PM

die hard knick fan by the way but lets be serious? top ten? not the life time achievement award ....raymond is way better then 34 yr old chauncey ...top 10? rose jennings curry rondo williams cp3 nash westbrook parker kidd if you wanna start throwin lifetime awards around ...chaunceys there to play out his contract ...he doesnt want a buy out any more because its not that dump of new jersey nets team...and hes gonna have the spotlight on him with this team he decent but his days are past him did you watch basketball in the beginning of the season this guy couldnt shoot for his life.

couldve kept will the thrill or gallo but got duped by the nuggets and nets he was never signing with either of those teams ..didnt like the nets and he couldnt patch that mess up in jersey

why they gave up mozgov i still dont understand ...why show the world you taught him how to ball without fouling i really dont understand why play him these last 2 weeks after sittin him a month i dont understand .....

picks? for what u already gave up 22 23 and 24 year olds those are like 3 picks right there

randolph and curry i understand i mean they had to get it under the cap

but all this and couldve just signed him in the summer? wow

james n isiah sittin in the tree why dont they fall off and d-i-e!

:facepalm:

Mudvayne91
02-23-2011, 03:32 PM
another knicks thread

At least it's not NYSpitit this time.

Quietmoney
02-23-2011, 03:34 PM
die hard knick fan by the way but lets be serious? top ten? not the life time achievement award ....raymond is way better then 34 yr old chauncey ...top 10? rose jennings curry rondo williams cp3 nash westbrook parker kidd if you wanna start throwin lifetime awards around ...chaunceys there to play out his contract ...he doesnt want a buy out any more because its not that dump of new jersey nets team...and hes gonna have the spotlight on him with this team he decent but his days are past him did you watch basketball in the beginning of the season this guy couldnt shoot for his life.

couldve kept will the thrill or gallo but got duped by the nuggets and nets he was never signing with either of those teams ..didnt like the nets and he couldnt patch that mess up in jersey

why they gave up mozgov i still dont understand ...why show the world you taught him how to ball without fouling i really dont understand why play him these last 2 weeks after sittin him a month i dont understand .....

picks? for what u already gave up 22 23 and 24 year olds those are like 3 picks right there

randolph and curry i understand i mean they had to get it under the cap

but all this and couldve just signed him in the summer? wow

james n isiah sittin in the tree why dont they fall off and d-i-e!

Sign him in the summer like we signed Le'con?? Stop it!! I'm a real fan and I don't wanna be sitting there crossing my fingers hoping someone signs with my team. That ish ain't promised, it ain't garunteed.... So I rather do it the way we did it! Plain and simple. Go root for the traded knicks over in denver... we don't need your belly aching.

smith&wesson
02-23-2011, 03:34 PM
billups is a winner. he was the leader of that champioinship detroit team and when he got traded to denver he took them from the 7th seed to contending for the wcf's. now he is on a team with melo and amare and he will be the floor general for the knicks.. he will be very important for chemistry.

he is a HUGE part of this deal. and the reason why felton was expendable.

Kashmir13579
02-23-2011, 03:52 PM

Child Please...for the past 3 years bulls fans have been flooding this forum with anything bulls related..especially about rose...i think the knicks fans have room for a few threads here n there. If you dont like it, dont view it

:clap:

Kashmir13579
02-23-2011, 03:54 PM
mmm not :
Rose
Dwill
rondo
CP3
Westbrook

Where is Nash?

terrible, just terrible.

goose14741
02-23-2011, 07:49 PM
That's a fat ****ing lie. And, lieing is a sin.

cussing is a sin

sintaks12
02-23-2011, 07:54 PM
pretty much.

Funny though, a Heat fan started it. Shocker.

hugepatsfan
02-23-2011, 08:00 PM
mmm not :
Rose
Dwill
rondo
CP3
Westbrook

CP3 at #4... lol

shizzle09
02-23-2011, 08:00 PM

top 10 PG?? You must also think Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun are still ballers as well. That said i actually like the pick up for the knicks because you gained a PG that has serious playoff experience.

shizzle09
02-23-2011, 08:05 PM
wait....your serious with that list????
hahahaha
try this
1.Paul
2.Williams
3.Rondo
4.Rose
5.Nash
6.Billups
7.Westbrook8.Parker
9.Kidd
10.Felton

point is billups is easily sixth at the least and just wanted to show you where Rose/the second coming of jesus in chicago really belongs

Put the pipe down! Better than westbrook is? Westbrook is pretty much at or near the level of Rose and his numers prove it so to say that Billups is better than Westbrook is like saying he's almost as good as Rose.

shizzle09
02-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Funny though, a Heat fan started it. Shocker.

You mean Knicks fan?

AI4MVP
02-23-2011, 08:09 PM
your right dude. Billups isnt elite, but hes definitely one of the better, smarter, point guards with great leadership out there. Awesome that my favorite city in the world is getting some major excitement.

congrats NY <3

Hellbound
02-23-2011, 08:09 PM
99% on this board realize he a past his prime pg in the league. You can probably get a cpl more solid seasons out of him but he is no where near what he once was.

Chronz
02-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Billups is better than Felton but theres one problem, he cant play as many minutes as Felton. The drop off from 38 minutes of Felton to 32 from Billups and the remaining going to Douglas is pretty severe.

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Billups is better than Felton but theres one problem, he cant play as many minutes as Felton. The drop off from 38 minutes of Felton to 32 from Billups and the remaining going to Douglas is pretty severe.
True, didn't consider that really. Hopefully Douglas can learn how to pass from Billups. Don't know how likely that is though.

Lim
02-23-2011, 08:32 PM
99% on this board realize he a past his prime pg in the league. You can probably get a cpl more solid seasons out of him but he is no where near what he once was.

u never know man he hasnt shown any signs of slowing down yet. if u told ppl 5 years ago that steve nash would still be putting up MVP numbers in 2011 they would laugh at uuuuu

effen5
02-23-2011, 08:39 PM

It seems like 99% of the forum don't care anymore.

nytillidie
02-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Sign him in the summer like we signed Le'con?? Stop it!! I'm a real fan and I don't wanna be sitting there crossing my fingers hoping someone signs with my team. That ish ain't promised, it ain't garunteed.... So I rather do it the way we did it! Plain and simple. Go root for the traded knicks over in denver... we don't need your belly aching.

wow game one amare looked lost ...... enough said need a penetrating point like i said couldve waited till summer or kept felton out o the deal simple as that anothony is a ball stopper

nytillidie
02-25-2011, 09:11 AM

billups better then felton? how? in iq maybe for the rest hes not pushin this team up and down the court like felton did and hes not makin his teamates better everyone but melo looked around like why am i not gettin the ball game one .....of course shoot first tony got himself the ball hes a waste o space hes a 2 playin the 1

oak2455
02-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Trolling:facepalm:

el_primo_nano
02-25-2011, 11:16 AM
he is gonna be great for the Knicks. his leadership is the most underrated in th league. He went to the Conference Finals 7 years in a row. Enough said