PDA

View Full Version : LA Lakers West Kings?

oval57sanch
02-23-2011, 01:04 PM
I have a theory on why everyone is going East. Is it because every owner in the West realize that the Lakers will pretty much run the table for the next 2-4 years, so all is in rebuliding mode, so when Lakers do have their fallout, another West team can regain the throne in that time? This is just crazy, every player going East! :confused: Thoughts.......

Klivlend
02-23-2011, 01:17 PM
That is a really bad theory. Good effort though.

avsman05
02-23-2011, 01:19 PM
San antonio and dallas can beat them in a series this year so I guess I disagree

gbpackers12
02-23-2011, 01:20 PM
That's gotta be it. :rolleyes:

JordansBulls
I have a theory on why everyone is going East. Is it because every owner in the West realize that the Lakers will pretty much run the table for the next 2-4 years, so all is in rebuliding mode, so when Lakers do have their fallout, another West team can regain the throne in that time? This is just crazy, every player going East! :confused: Thoughts.......

The Lakers have struggled the last 2 years getting out of the west and they had nearly every favorable matchup as well. They had Utah both times who had no size. Last year they had Phoenix who had no size. The year before that they played a depleted Rockets team and it still went 7. They still have to worry about San Antonio, Dallas and maybe OkC.

koLohe2133
My theory is that there will be a lockout and no games will ever be played again in the 3 major sports and we will be forced to watch hockey and soccer until the world ends next year.

Frrrrank!!!
02-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Me thinks your theory is wrong.

Hunter48MVP
02-23-2011, 01:25 PM
San antonio and dallas can beat them in a series this year so I guess I disagree

Dallas beating the Lakers hahahaha. Mavs choke too much in the playoffs. I see the Spurs beating Lakers not Dallas

JordansBulls
02-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Dallas beating the Lakers hahahaha. Mavs choke too much in the playoffs. I see the Spurs beating Lakers not Dallas

They choke against inferior teams, not superior teams.

tangent12
02-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Mmmmm, call me crazy too but I think he might have a point. It definitely sounds outrageous and perhaps kind of stupid at this point, but it makes sense if you think about it. Most teams are good but flawed, they know they won't be able to compete for a title in a conference with veteran teams like the Lakers or Spurs who've been commanding the conference for the past years with their solid teams and experience.

It's just a matter of time before these elite teams, who're certainly aging, come to the end of their run and then it's on to the new generation.

I was ready to laugh at this thread but I kind see where he's coming from.

Mochalman
02-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Thunder will be owning the west for the better part of the next decade.

JordansBulls
02-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Mmmmm, call me crazy too but I think he might have a point. It definitely sounds outrageous and perhaps kind of stupid at this point, but it makes sense if you think about it. Most teams are good but flawed, they know they won't be able to compete for a title in a conference with veteran teams like the Lakers or Spurs who've been commanding the conference for the past years with their solid teams and experience.

It's just a matter of time before these elite teams, who're certainly aging, come to the end of their run and then it's on to the new generation.

I was ready to laugh at this thread but I kind see where he's coming from.

That doesn't make sense, so they come to the East where they have a young Miami team and the Celtics and then an up and coming Bulls team with a team like the Magic???

ShockerArt
02-23-2011, 01:43 PM
LAL/OKC/SA vs Mia/Bos/Chi ... pick your poison. No, I don't think that's why this has happened. The media spotlight of New York was calling Amare and Carmelo. I think that the chance to live anywhere other than in Utah was probably calling D-Will.

Atticus Finch
02-23-2011, 01:43 PM
The Lakers have struggled the last 2 years getting out of the west and they had nearly every favorable matchup as well. They had Utah both times who had no size. Last year they had Phoenix who had no size. The year before that they played a depleted Rockets team and it still went 7. They still have to worry about San Antonio, Dallas and maybe OkC.

Since when did the Lakers struggle against the Jazz? They are 8-1 against them in the playoffs in the last 2 years

Kyle916
02-23-2011, 01:44 PM
You're 100% correct... The Kings will take over the throne after the Lakers.

kblo247
02-23-2011, 01:50 PM
The Lakers never struggled with Utah

They only struggled with OKC until Kobe had his knee drained but after that they didn't

Dallas isn't anything to fear for LA, check the record and game logs for Kobe's team vs Dirk's team historically

After that see the fact the Spurs are 0-4, 1-4, 4-2, and 1-4 versus Phil's Lakers in the real season and that Kobe has always outplayed Duncan, Shaq, and everyone else in those series

Denver was the worst matchup out west easily when they were right because Melo gave Kobe and Artest fits at times, Lawson attacked them at PG, and the frontline bothered Pau when all three bigs were healthy.

JordansBulls
02-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Since when did the Lakers struggle against the Jazz? They are 8-1 against them in the playoffs in the last 2 years

Maybe I need to clarify myself. No, I'm not saying they struggled against the Jazz, I said the Jazz were the favorable matchup for them as was Phoenix. I stated they struggled to get out of the west the last 2 years.

ElMarroAfamado
02-23-2011, 01:53 PM
They are...but delusional people fail to realize it because they hate them so much. Realists like me understand that neither The Spurs or The Mavs have realistic shots of beating the Lakers in a 7 game series. The Spurs suck, The Mavs suck, and they will prove it in the playoffs.

RaiderLakersA's
02-23-2011, 01:58 PM
I disagree with the theory as to why the players are going East -- that they are somehow worried about a continuing Lakers dynasty in their immediate future.

However, I would agree, at least with an eye to recent history, that perhaps the reason why these players are looking for greener pastures now is their inability to grab the brass ring with their current teams. And yes, in that light, perhaps the Lakers as 3-time Conference champions did have some minor ripple effect on their current urge to pick up stakes and get a fresh start elsewhere. They're moving not because they can't win in the future, but because they didn't win in the past. We all need a new environment and a reboot from time to time in our careers. The same applies to athletes.

tdunk21
02-23-2011, 01:58 PM
:laugh2:

terrible attempt

TylerSL
02-23-2011, 02:14 PM
They are...but delusional people fail to realize it because they 1.hate them so much. 2.Realists like me understand that 3.neither The Spurs or The Mavs have realistic shots of beating the Lakers in a 7 game series. 4.The Spurs suck, The Mavs suck, and they will prove it in the playoffs.

so much FAIL in this post LOL it is rediculous.

1. The fact that you say other people hate is obsurd, have you heard yourself talk about Lebron?

2. That made me laugh

3. You do relize the Mavs have a big man now (they have been missing that before) and the Spurs dont have any player on roster playing over 32 min/game. They are keeping their team healthy and as of right now would most likely beat the Lakers in a 7 game series.

4. LOL, this takes the cake. You try to say the Spurs suck, yet they are 46-10. If they Mavs hadnt have been without Dirk for 9 games, they would right up there with the Spurs record.

You have proved you just talk out of your *** and have no clue what your talking about. The fact that you try to use "hate" as an arguement is crazy because you have in your sig Lebron James=Corey Maggete, and you even believe it......... You dont have NO room at all to talk about "hate"...

tangent12
02-23-2011, 02:50 PM
That doesn't make sense, so they come to the East where they have a young Miami team and the Celtics and then an up and coming Bulls team with a team like the Magic???

But the East is full of wildcards. Pretty much any team from 1-6 could beat and upset each other. The East is a toss up really due to the fact that there are currently no dominating teams who others can't deal with.

Bulls, Knicks, Magic, Heat.. they could all get past the Celtics in a series. I wouldn't be surprised at all. Same goes with the Heat, Bulls, Magic, Knicks etc etc. The East is wild and unpredictable this year.

210Don
02-23-2011, 02:54 PM
more like everyone knows it will be la or sa for next 5 years at least spurs future looks bright!!!! everyone's leaving no competition!!! lakers spurs for 5 more years is awesome!

kblo247
02-23-2011, 02:57 PM
But the East is full of wildcards. Pretty much any team from 1-6 could beat and upset each other. The East is a toss up really due to the fact that there are currently no dominating teams who others can't deal with.

Bulls, Knicks, Magic, Heat.. they could all get past the Celtics in a series. I wouldn't be surprised at all. Same goes with the Heat, Bulls, Magic, Knicks etc etc. The East is wild and unpredictable this year.

What you say is true because outside of Boston and ATL, no one knows what the others will look like in a 7 game series.

- Boozer and Noah haven't played a lot together, and they may add a SG
- Miami's big 3 hasn't played a series together or gelled with Haslem and Miller
- Orlando has yet to play a postseason series with their new team
- The Bucks haven't even been close to healthy this year
- Melo and the Knicks haven't played a game together

There are a ton of unknowns out east outside of Boston and ATL, and anyone can upset one another in those 5 teams above because chemistry is a fickle whore

kblo247
02-23-2011, 02:58 PM
more like everyone knows it will be la or sa for next 5 years at least spurs future looks bright!!!! everyone's leaving no competition!!! lakers spurs for 5 more years is awesome!

I can agree with you about that since it was like that the previous decade. OKC can take the role of Sac in the last decade

:cheers: to the thought of LA and SA having a more open window as long as they are blessed with health

Storch
02-23-2011, 02:59 PM
It's all just a big coincidence since players in the West aren't happy. Let's not make the Lakers look bad, they've been flying under the radar to be away from drama.

J4KOP99
02-23-2011, 03:02 PM

I don't think the OP is talking about the players, but rather the team owners...

Edit: and if he is indeed talking about the Players, then that is ridiculous. I could see the owners letting go of some of these "unhappy" guys and trying to rebuild. Most of the owners of Western Conf. teams must know that they have little chance of competing with La, SA or Dallas.

king4day
02-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Why would anyone want to go east knowing the Heat are there? The West seems to have less hurdles. LA is showing this year that there's no clear favorite in the West. And yes, Dallas is in that mix as well. Chandler wasn't part of the last collapse and last year they weren't expected to go anywhere.

numba1CHANGsta
02-23-2011, 03:35 PM

It could be longer than that if the Lakers acquire Dwight next season, but i do think the West got weaker and I only see four elite teams as of right now: SA, DAL, LAL, OKC.

Ripper Gein
02-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Lakers NEVER Rebuild just RELOAD!!:)

kblo247
02-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Why would anyone want to go east knowing the Heat are there? The West seems to have less hurdles. LA is showing this year that there's no clear favorite in the West. And yes, Dallas is in that mix as well. Chandler wasn't part of the last collapse and last year they weren't expected to go anywhere.

You never heard Mavrix, Mavs fans, or Barkley/Legler put over them as contenders and the Spurs having no chance against them after the Butler deal?

spurs4#5
02-23-2011, 03:58 PM
They are...but delusional people fail to realize it because they hate them so much. Realists like me understand that neither The Spurs or The Mavs have realistic shots of beating the Lakers in a 7 game series. The Spurs suck, The Mavs suck, and they will prove it in the playoffs.

omg i want to beat the crap out of you you ****ing homer...yes the spurs suck thats why they have the best record in the league, yes the mavs suck because the have the second best record in the west, yes the lakers are the best team in the west cuz the just loss to the cavs

Atticus Finch
02-23-2011, 04:01 PM
omg i want to beat the crap out of you you ****ing homer...yes the spurs suck thats why they have the best record in the league, yes the mavs suck because the have the second best record in the west, yes the lakers are the best team in the west cuz the just loss to the cavs

Nice, very mature.

oval57sanch
02-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Enough of Dallas. They do play well in the regular season. They always do. But they always seem to choke in the playoffs. They are not a proven playoff team, nor is OKC. Spurs have been to the promised land. Its Spurs-Lakers. It will be a good series, but i still see Lakers winning in 7.:clap:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-24-2011, 07:10 AM

yeah a lot, I mean they haven't won anything
:rolleyes: