PDA

View Full Version : Could the Knicks have traded for Williams for next to nothing?

NYSpirit1
02-23-2011, 12:31 PM
The Nets just traded for Deron Williams for Harris, Favors and 2 first round picks, a far smaller package than the Harris, Favors, 4 firsts that Denver was asking for.

Could have the Knicks traded for Deron Williams by trading Felton and other players, instead of giving up a lot for Melo?

Maybe Melo would have been so convinced he could have won a title next year by joining Stoudemire and Williams that he would have passed up 20-25 million and signed in July.

But then again, I'm thinking that the Jazz would have never done this trade had Melo not been traded to the Knicks on Monday.

I think next up to panic are the Hornets and Magic.

Anyone who says the NBA isn't entering a new era is kidding themselves. Big markets, famous cities are going to get all the big players. Los Angeles, New York, Boston, Chicago, Brooklyn, Miami, Dallas -- teams like Utah and Denver aren't going to be able to compete.

The players see what's happening and I think the chances of both Howard and Paul moving next year are almost 100%. Not that Orlando isn't a famous city, it's more that they are Cleveland 2.0 in that they have role players around a really good superstar.

knicks09
02-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Melo>Williams

NYKnickFanatic
02-23-2011, 12:35 PM
Lets not make the Deron trade about the Knicks please. Congrats to the Nets.

JordansBulls
02-23-2011, 12:35 PM
Not the correct time for this in the main forum.