PDA

View Full Version : David Aldridge: Hawks interested in Hinrich

Jays Claw
02-23-2011, 10:12 AM
The Atlanta Hawks are interested in Washington Wizards veteran point guard Kirk Hinrich, according to league sources, but the Hawks are not willing to give Washington both a young player and a first round pick for him, which is the Wizardsí current asking price.

Atlanta is trying to convince Washington to take back veteran Mike Bibby for Hinrich, pointing out the potential cap savings for the Wizards. Hinrich is scheduled to make $8 million next season, while Bibby only will make $6.2 million. Both would be entering the final year of their respective contracts next season.

The Hawks are reluctant to put a first round pick in the deal, especially considering the Wizards already got a first from Chicago last year when the Bulls traded Hinrich to Washington to clear salary cap space. The Wizards used that pick to select Kevin Seraphin, who has played sporadically this season for Flip Saunders.

Link: http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/02/22/trade-rumors-by-da-vol-i/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

DaBUU
02-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Save Capt. Kirk!

xbrackattackx
02-23-2011, 11:19 AM
I am for this, Kirk Finally getting to lead a team again. Nice!

BrahCake954
02-23-2011, 11:33 AM
ATL sucks.. most overrated team in the NBA

SB75
02-23-2011, 11:53 AM
LOL.... How are we over rated? We don't get talked about much, we don't get national games, we barely even get ESPN coverage. All this and we do own the 5th best record in the east. If you don't like us fine, but to say we are over rated is possibly the worst post ever made.

Kirk would be great for us, he fits what we do and gives us somethings we don't have. We've been kicking his name around since last year in the Hawks threads.

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 11:56 AM
I like the Hawks, but they've always come up short of being a legit contender. I don't think Hinrich is quite enough to push the Hawks over the top, but he helps. Good D plus good shooting to spread the floor and he can play off the ball. I like the fit.

Giantwarrior
02-23-2011, 12:01 PM
ATL still looking for a PG?

Knickrocketsfan
02-23-2011, 12:08 PM
hawks are one good center away from being legit. No disrespect tot the hawks, horford is a PF. They should try to trade smith who is a beast for a legit C. But thats easier said than done.

Madtown22
02-23-2011, 12:11 PM
ATL sucks.. most overrated team in the NBA

Agree

FLMeth06
02-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Agree

x2, except for the sucking part.

Frrrrank!!!
02-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Bibby is holding them back imo. This would def help them.

beasted86
02-23-2011, 01:23 PM
LOL.... How are we over rated? We don't get talked about much, we don't get national games, we barely even get ESPN coverage. All this and we do own the 5th best record in the east. If you don't like us fine, but to say we are over rated is possibly the worst post ever made.

Kirk would be great for us, he fits what we do and gives us somethings we don't have. We've been kicking his name around since last year in the Hawks threads.

Ignore the trolls who bait

hyb152
02-23-2011, 01:38 PM

While I agree Kirk is a good fit, u guys don't want to give up Bibby. Bibby brings stability to the team. He doesn't fill up the stat sheet like he used to 5 years ago, but he's a veteran floor general with big time playoff experience. He has a great IQ and like i said, stability, is the key thing. Hes like Shane Battier, dsnt get stats but makes the team better. Think about when the hawks made that jump to one of the top east teams 3-4 years ago. It was the midseason trade for bibby that put them up there. Hawks need to make a big trade. They need a legit big man. Hordford is a PF. Maybe trade Josh smith?

Crackadalic
02-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Good move if this happens. I really think they should try to trade J-smoove for a good center

hdxstunts1
02-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Do it! Kirk could do wonders for that team!

SB75
02-23-2011, 01:42 PM
hawks are one good center away from being legit. No disrespect tot the hawks, horford is a PF. They should try to trade smith who is a beast for a legit C. But thats easier said than done.

Uhmmm.... PG is our biggest problem. And just a question, what makes you think Al would be a better 4 than Smith?

MrJones
02-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Pull, the, trigger

SB75
02-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Ignore the trolls who bait

Thanks bro, honesty is price less!

beasted86
02-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Don't worry about him, he trolls our Team forum as well.

As for the trade rumor:
If they can deal Hinrich & Evans straight up, or something like that, do it. Don't include a 1st.

Bravo95
02-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Need this deal (or one like it) then trade Jamal for a legit big.

SB75
02-23-2011, 01:48 PM
While I agree Kirk is a good fit, u guys don't want to give up Bibby. Bibby brings stability to the team. He doesn't fill up the stat sheet like he used to 5 years ago, but he's a veteran floor general with big time playoff experience. He has a great IQ and like i said, stability, is the key thing. Hes like Shane Battier, dsnt get stats but makes the team better. Think about when the hawks made that jump to one of the top east teams 3-4 years ago. It was the midseason trade for bibby that put them up there. Hawks need to make a big trade. They need a legit big man. Hordford is a PF. Maybe trade Josh smith?

I'm not one of the guys yelling Bibby sucks, but his time has come and gone. He doesn't bring the stability anymore as players do what they want to on offense. He has become just a shooter. To compare him to Shane is un-fare at the least and under rating Shane at the highest level. Shane is a top of the line defender. 2's, 3's, 4's it doesn't matter he will guard them all and play great defense. Bibby has become just a shooter and a liability on defense.

SB75
02-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Don't worry about him, he trolls our Team forum as well.

As for the trade rumor:
If they can deal Hinrich & Evans straight up, or something like that, do it. Don't include a 1st.

Yeah, form the rumors we are hearing the Hawks are willing to do Bibby and a 1rst or a young player ( guessing JT). But they do not want to give up a young player and a pick.

bmac_121
02-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Hinrich's Defense and shooting would be clutch for the Hawks. Point Guard defense is our biggest problem. Josh and Al can't just cover their man because they have to protect the lane when Bibby or Crawford's man easily blows by. A real pg reduces the need for a center. Al is a 2-time All Star at center in the East right now.

farren.louis
02-23-2011, 02:07 PM
they get hinrich it would be nice his DEFENSE IS SUPERB!!

hyb152
02-23-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm not one of the guys yelling Bibby sucks, but his time has come and gone. He doesn't bring the stability anymore as players do what they want to on offense. He has become just a shooter. To compare him to Shane is un-fare at the least and under rating Shane at the highest level. Shane is a top of the line defender. 2's, 3's, 4's it doesn't matter he will guard them all and play great defense. Bibby has become just a shooter and a liability on defense.

I didn't compare their styles and games, I compared their effect on a team by not producing stats while making the team better. Bibby still brings the stability to the hawks. It's not something most fans can see but ive played and coached college basketball and he's done wonders for them as a pg. I'm not saying he's all good, I'm just saying a straight up trade for hinrich won't make them better. Maybe by a little, unless Teague really emerges out of nowhere.

shep33
02-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Really nice fit IMO

Bravo95
02-23-2011, 04:29 PM
I believe Bibby has done a lot for this team, in terms of leadership and stability. But at this point, they need someone who can contribute on the floor on both ends. He didn't make a single shot last night.

*Silver&Black*
02-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Why do the Hawks need a center again? Spurs don't have a legit center either and they win.

Horford is a 2 time All-star at center and the Magic IS THE ONLY TEAM that causes problems for him.

We need a PG and LEADERSHIP!

Hulk6
02-23-2011, 07:10 PM
hawks should just make Teague their PG, he has potential