PDA

View Full Version : Chris Broussard: Knicks Big 3 could upset Bulls Big 3

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

JordansBulls
02-23-2011, 09:36 AM
He said that last night on ESPN coast to coast

A lot of people actually prefer Knicks big 3 (Melo, Amare, Billups) than the big 3 of the Bulls (Rose, Noah, Boozer). If they were to meet in the playoff, this will be a great 6 or 7 games series. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks prevail that series.

Tarheels23
02-23-2011, 09:38 AM
What is the big deal... he is right lol

rapjuicer06
02-23-2011, 09:39 AM
ehh idk...billups can't guard rose, amare doesn't play defense and joah is a defensive player. while deng is a pretty decent defender too. i think the bulls is actually a better team still

SteBO
02-23-2011, 09:48 AM
ehh idk...billups can't guard rose, amare doesn't play defense and joah is a defensive player. while deng is a pretty decent defender too. i think the bulls is actually a better team still
:nod: I think so as well. The Knicks are not beating any team in the playoffs that plays solid defense. Bulls would win that series in 6 games max.

D2theJ
02-23-2011, 09:49 AM
Broussard is in love with the Knicks of course hes going to say that.

Fmaranesi
02-23-2011, 09:52 AM
it would be a tough fought series, I still think the Bulls would win but I wouldn't be shocked if the Knicks pulled it off. When you have two players that can drop 40 on any given night then your team has a chance. I wouldn't be that concerned about the Knicks this season but if they are able to land Chris Paul or D. Williams then oh boy watch out league...With that said, I'm glad the Knicks are actually "back" in the playoff mix now....them and the Bulls for the last decade have been rather irrelevant and now both look like playoff locks for the forceable future. It's only good for the league and their respective fan base.

JordansBulls
02-23-2011, 09:54 AM
What is the big deal... he is right lol

Many feel it wouldn't be close, but I personally agree with him and think it would go 7.

Slimsim
02-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Lets see how well the new Knicks look right now my money is still on the Bulls

Kobes a Killer
02-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Is Melo playing tonight?

xxplayerxx23
02-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Lets see how well the new Knicks look right now my money is still on the Bulls

This we are bascally getting a new team lets see how we play together. If we can get the chemstry together in time then we have a chance. I agree i would have my money on the bulls

king4day
02-23-2011, 10:09 AM
While possible, I still think the dramatic change of players will affect the Knicks this year. They'll get to the playoffs but I can't see them beating one of the elites.

xxplayerxx23
Is Melo playing tonight?

ya

quade36
Bulls big 3? Deng is just as important as Noah and Boozer. I wonder if Broussard is aware of the season Deng is having or if he is even on the team.

SteBO
02-23-2011, 10:12 AM
ya
Great. I can't wait to see Chauncey, Melo, and Amare in action :nod: I even have tix to the NY/MIA game this coming Sunday :dance:

oak2455
02-23-2011, 10:13 AM

That's a great Sig

Kobes a Killer
02-23-2011, 10:14 AM
ya

Sweet, thanks man. Although I'm pretty sure they won't have that game televised where I am, I hope so though

THE_G.O.A.T.
02-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Who is the third in NY's big 3? You can't count Billups in a big 3 because he was already with Melo in Denver and they didn't win **** there.

If you count Billups in NY's big three, then you have to count Deng and make Chicago a big 4.

TopsyTurvy
02-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Broussard is just fanning the NY hype machine. He (and every other media savvy sports reporter) understands that tapping into the NYC crowd gets him more views.

Soon enough he will be jumping all over the Knicks in three weeks about bench depth concerns and/or start conducting on the CP3 to NYC train.

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Who is the third in NY's big 3? You can't count Billups in a big 3 because he was already with Melo in Denver and they didn't win **** there.

If you count Billups in NY's big three, then you have to count Deng and make Chicago a big 4.
Nuggets got close in the WCF until the Lakers beat them on some bad plays by Denver. But I agree, I don't really count Billups as part of a big 3. Anyway, no way we would beat Chi in a series. They have a better team and play better defense. Next year, with more chemistry we can probably do some damage.

Slimsim
02-23-2011, 10:28 AM
it would be 1 hell of a first round Even Rose said they going to have to watch out for the new Knicks

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Broussard is just fanning the NY hype machine. He (and every other media savvy sports reporter) understands that tapping into the NYC crowd gets him more views.

Soon enough he will be jumping all over the Knicks in three weeks about bench depth concerns and/or start conducting on the CP3 to NYC train.
Probably the latter. With the Melo saga over, ESPN needs something to discuss.

Slimsim
02-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Broussard is a Knick hater

bbcmillionaire
02-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Lol actually I like this, keep underestimating the 3rd seed in the east who's 20 games above .500 compared to last year where we was at .500

TopsyTurvy
02-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Lol actually I like this, keep underestimating the 3rd seed in the east who's 20 games above .500 compared to last year where we was at .500

The same team that is quietly looking to replace the worst starting 2 guard in some 20+ years with a serviceable player and has played some 35+ games without both of their starting center or PF in the lineup... ;)

Avenged
02-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Many feel it wouldn't be close, but I personally agree with him and think it would go 7.

Yup. It's not like the Knicks are the favorites or anything.. The Bulls are still a much more complete team than they are but a Knicks series win wouldn't be totally surprising.

justinnum1
02-23-2011, 10:44 AM

:yawn: your division is a joke

braves4829
02-23-2011, 10:46 AM
knicks have already beaten the bulls twice and i think one game they didnt have galo. now stick melo in and its gonna be the same result. bulls fans should be worried. knicks will keep beating the bulls.

DLeeicious
02-23-2011, 10:50 AM
:yawn: your division is a joke

Yep we have only played our division this season so far. If we weren't 2 games from the 1 seed it would be an embarrassment, no credit is due to the Bulls because of this.

For the thread, why does everyone need to say "Big 3" this or "Big 3" that. The Knicks TEAM (not just 3) is way less complete than the Bulls TEAM. They really don't scare me in the slightest and I'd rather play them than the Hawks or Magic (obv Boston or Miami too).

xxplayerxx23
02-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Sweet, thanks man. Although I'm pretty sure they won't have that game televised where I am, I hope so though

Np man. I doubt they will have this game televised but maybe because its in the garden its going to be elictifing. Sunday's game is going to be crazy

Pierzynski4Prez
02-23-2011, 10:52 AM
too bad there are more than 3 guys on the roster

Quietmoney
It kills me how bulls fans for get that we are about to sweep them on the season. But never mind that, it's about match ups come playoff time. And you guys didn't match up then, and damn sure don't match up now. You guys have the same system that's in place with the Celtics, the only difference is you don't have the hall of fame talent they have. If you noticed the games we've played against the celtics, the knicks should have won both games. It was just that there talent level was higher than ours. Your coach Tom T. I believe is the mastermind behind the Boston defense and now has it in place for you guys. That defense alone will win you a lot of games during the regular season and playoffs but once you get to the playoffs it's more about match-ups. I'm not saying the Knicks will beat the bulls in the first round, but I'm gonna go with D'ouchard and say I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks did win.

xxplayerxx23
Great. I can't wait to see Chauncey, Melo, and Amare in action :nod: I even have tix to the NY/MIA game this coming Sunday :dance:

Yeah me too. Wow Thats a great ticket. Must of been pretty expensive :)

THE_G.O.A.T.
knicks have already beaten the bulls twice and i think one game they didnt have galo. now stick melo in and its gonna be the same result. bulls fans should be worried. knicks will keep beating the bulls.

It would be a fun series, but I don't think any bulls fans should be "worried" about the New York Nuggets. The Bulls are still the much, much better team talent wise and depth wise.

DLeeicious
02-23-2011, 10:53 AM

They had Gallo both games and you act as if they added Melo without losing anyone. They gutted a big part of their team to bring over Melo. Galo is a tough matchup for the Bulls that we don't have to worry about anymore for the record. I'd just assume play the new Knicks team than the old one we match up better with the new one.

DLeeicious
02-23-2011, 10:55 AM
It kills me how bulls fans for get that we are about to sweep them on the season. But never mind that, it's about match ups come playoff time. And you guys didn't match up then, and damn sure don't match up now. You guys have the same system that's in place with the Celtics, the only difference is you don't have the hall of fame talent they have. If you noticed the games we've played against the celtics, the knicks should have won both games. It was just that there talent level was higher than ours. Your coach Tom T. I believe is the mastermind behind the Boston defense and now has it in place for you guys. That defense alone will win you a lot of games during the regular season and playoffs but once you get to the playoffs it's more about match-ups. I'm not saying the Knicks will beat the bulls in the first round, but I'm gonna go with D'ouchard and say I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks did win.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL first you use a 2 game sample size (where your shooting in those games were complete outliers) then you say we can't match up with you? Ignorant comes to mind

THE_G.O.A.T.
02-23-2011, 10:55 AM

I guess we'll just have to wait and see won't we.

I can't wait til Melo gets frustrated that Deng actually guards him and decides to give up again.

Doogolas
02-23-2011, 11:01 AM
That's right Broussard, jump on the bandwagon and look like an idiot later. :)

Quietmoney
02-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Until deng does what to Melo?? I keep seeing highlights of him shooting Deng's eyes out for a game winner against ya'll! I have two dudes on my team that can go for 35 on any given night and I'm supposed to be worried about another team?? I'm not saying we gonna win all of our games or anything, but I like my chances every single night!

TopsyTurvy
02-23-2011, 11:06 AM
(where your shooting in those games were complete outliers)

That first game was one of the best perimeter shooting nights in recent NBA history (some 10 years or so). If the Knicks could shoot 16-24 from the arc night in and night out they certainly should not be just 2 games above .500. They will turn it back on for the playoffs though... :rolleyes:

D1JM
02-23-2011, 11:10 AM
We haven't even seen a full healthy bulls team together. It's going to take time to adjust, but will just get better defensively.

Team*Chicago
02-23-2011, 11:15 AM
:nod: I think so as well. The Knicks are not beating any team in the playoffs that plays solid defense. Bulls would win that series in 6 games max.

:speechless: from a heat fan, I'm suprise you said that.

allday823
02-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Put it this way...would the bulls wanna play the 76ers or knicks

Quietmoney
I guess we'll just have to wait and see. But although you guys play good team defense, Rose is not a good defender

Doogolas
Until deng does what to Melo?? I keep seeing highlights of him shooting Deng's eyes out for a game winner against ya'll! I have two dudes on my team that can go for 35 on any given night and I'm supposed to be worried about another team?? I'm not saying we gonna win all of our games or anything, but I like my chances every single night!

Yeah, because that one shot is all that matters right?

The last 6 games Deng has outplayed Melo pretty easily. And just so it's clear, I say the last 6 games because that's since 2008.

23PPG/7.7REB/3.3AST/3.16TOV on 50/125 (40%) shooting.

Meanwhile Deng has put up:

19.3PPG/7.7REB/2AST/1.3TOV on 43/95 (45.2%) shooting.

I'd say Deng will be just fine.

jasonresno
02-23-2011, 11:18 AM
I guess we'll just have to wait and see. But although you guys play good team defense, Rose is not a good defender

False.

Mr Grim
02-23-2011, 11:20 AM

How many times was Deng an allstar and how many rings does he have? Dont be a homer. He's a nice player but thats it.

THE_G.O.A.T.
02-23-2011, 11:24 AM
How many times was Deng an allstar and how many rings does he have? Dont be a homer. He's a nice player but thats it.

Who cares what has happened in years past? I'm talking about THIS YEAR, and this year Deng is easily outplaying Billups and maybe even Melo. So don't give me a bunch of crap about allstar appearences or rings, that argument doesn't fly.

The Knicks are not on the Bulls level. It doesn't take a homer to see that.

PC
02-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Yeah I think we could upset the Bulls in the 1st round. The Bulls would obviously be the favorites but that could be an incredible series

Team*Chicago
02-23-2011, 11:26 AM
A non-championship contending team can upset a championship contending team, I'm not suprise Chris said that.

Broussard is a Knick hater

:confused: I thought he was a Knick lover.

White_Mike
02-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Who cares what has happened in years past? I'm talking about THIS YEAR, and this year Deng is easily outplaying Billups and maybe even Melo. So don't give me a bunch of crap about allstar appearences or rings, that argument doesn't fly.

Are you ********?

Melo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Deng

Doogolas
02-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Are you ********?

I can honestly say I would not take a Deng for Melo trade straight up if offered. And I've been saying it since the start of the year. Because Melo is the most overrated player in all of basketball. And while I like Deng, I would trade him straight up for a guy like Granger. But not Melo.

jasonresno
02-23-2011, 11:27 AM

He doesn't have as many rings as Adam Morrison, good point. Bulls should sign Morrison and start him because of all that bling..

SteBO
02-23-2011, 11:28 AM

Yup. Deng is definitely outplaying Carmelo. :rolleyes:
Otherwise, you're correct about the Knicks not being on the Bulls level as of right now, but the Bulls aint got no big 4, let's not get crazy.

BrahCake954
02-23-2011, 11:29 AM
dont see how, they still dont play defense.

carmelo is a worst defender than chandler.. billups is geting old and

its the knicks, no defense = 1st round exit

THE_G.O.A.T.
02-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Are you ********?

Melo is a better scorer, that is obvious. But Deng is a much better defender, passer, and he's much better conditioned to give you more quality minutes. Behind D-Rose he is the most important player on the team.

He doesn't take plays off like Melo does, honestly Melo is kinda lazy and that is what is keeping him from being a truly elite player in the NBA.

Doogolas
02-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Yup. Deng is definitely outplaying Carmelo. :rolleyes:
Otherwise, you're correct about the Knicks not being on the Bulls level as of right now, but the Bulls aint got no big 4, let's not get crazy.

I firmly believe Deng is outplaying him. Higher ts% and a better defender.

Madtown22
02-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Hard to argue, The East is looking sharp

ackar
02-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Everyone has their opinion and right now it just that opinion. Come playoff time then it will be fact. I believe the fact is that the Bulls will beat the Knicks in a playoff series this year.

SteBO
02-23-2011, 11:34 AM
I firmly believe Deng is outplaying him. Higher ts% and a better defender.
I really don't see how thise stats alone prove he's outplaying 'Melo. He's a better defender, yes. He's a nice player but to say he's clearly outplaying Carmelo is ridiculous.

SteBO
02-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Everyone has their opinion and right now it just that opinion. Come playoff time then it will be fact. I believe the fact is that the Bulls will beat the Knicks in a playoff series this year.
:nod:

Knickrocketsfan
02-23-2011, 11:35 AM
come on we have a thread on this already

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 11:39 AM
He doesn't have as many rings as Adam Morrison, good point. Bulls should sign Morrison and start him because of all that bling..
I think he's comparing Deng to Billups, but I agree with you, the point doesn't matter.

justinnum1
02-23-2011, 11:43 AM

So your saying replace deng with melo and you would be worse? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Melo>>Deng all day long

crewzmega
02-23-2011, 11:44 AM

Rose can't guard billips either. Rose plays no defense at all. Billups = ring. How many do Rose have? Amare is a much better defender than Boozer. Boozer is one of the worst defending big men in the Nba. Amare 2 block's a game. Boozer = no blocks a game. r u serious

SteBO
02-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Rose can't guard billips either. Rose plays no defense at all. Billups = ring. How many do Rose have? Amare is a much better defender than Boozer. Boozer is one of the worst defending big men in the Nba. Amare 2 block's a game. Boozer = no blocks a game. r u serious
I'm sick of the rings argument, it's silly and absurd. :facepalm:
Bulls are a better team than the Knicks. Why? They play defense, the Knicks don't. It's that simple.

THE_G.O.A.T.

Do New York people really think Billups is better than DRose because he has a ring? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

blastmasta26
Blocks=/=good defense. And Billups' ring was a while ago, doesn't mean anything now. Rose is not a good individual defender, but as a whole Chicago plays much superior D to the Knicks.

chitown815

:punish

SteBO
02-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Blocks=/=good defense. And Billups' ring was a while ago, doesn't mean anything now. Rose is not a good individual defender, but as a whole Chicago plays much superior D to the Knicks.
First rational Knick fan today. :clap:
The Knicks can upset the Bulls in the playoffs, it's not like it's completely out of the realm of possibility, but it'll just be very difficult.

Doogolas
02-23-2011, 11:50 AM
I really don't see how thise stats alone prove he's outplaying 'Melo. He's a better defender, yes. He's a nice player but to say he's clearly outplaying Carmelo is ridiculous.

Other than dribbling and rebounding on a far lesser rebounding team, what is Melo doing better? Jacking up shots? Cause I can give you that one too.

D1JM
Skip bayless believes not only is new York going to crush the bulls come playoffs, but they will win more championships than Miami.

JordansBulls
Yeah I think we could upset the Bulls in the 1st round. The Bulls would obviously be the favorites but that could be an incredible series

Totally agree. In fact I think the Knicks could upset any of the top 4 teams in the east in a series, but I think the Bulls are the one they have the best chance against.

Punk
02-23-2011, 11:51 AM

Amare is top 5 in shot blocking. We can easily be a threat and serious team in the East if everything gels properly. Defensively and Offensively.

SteBO
02-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Skip bayless believes not only is new York going to crush the bulls come playoffs, but they will win more championships than Miami.
That's why Skip Bayless isn't the brightest analyst in the world.

SteBO
02-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Amare is top 5 in shot blocking.
So? He can't really stay in front of his man.

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Amare is top 5 in shot blocking. We can easily be top 4/5 in the East if everything gels properly. Defensively and Offensively.
Blocks and/or steals doesn't mean a player is a good defender.

THE_G.O.A.T.
02-23-2011, 11:54 AM
If Skip Bayless says something it almost certainly does not come true! Thank God he didn't say the Bulls were going to win it all this year.

BigBlueCrew
02-23-2011, 11:54 AM

That shocked me as a Knick fan. He never has anything nice to say about New York teams.

Albrecht Duerer
02-23-2011, 11:55 AM
blastmasta26 is one of the best posters here.

I still say, the odds are in Chicago's favor though an upset is not impossible.

It will be interesting.

chitown815
02-23-2011, 11:56 AM
The moral to the story is the Bulls run a deeper bench, and the whole big 3 thing is stupid, nobody compares to the Heat's big 1, and thats why it works, Miami has had bench problems with a better bench than NY has, and Lebron>Amare Wade>Carmelo Bosh>billups, so the term big 3 in NY is a dumb statement started by ESPN's biggest NY tool, before knicks fans worry about Chi, worry about ATL and ORL, and we will worry about Bos, and Miami (the good teams)

Knickrocketsfan
02-23-2011, 11:58 AM
ppl talk about how we overrated our player before the Carmelo trade, why dont you look at the bulls. Rose is a great player boozer is only a offensive player who can rebound. Noah is a energy player who can rebound who has an almost none existent offensive game ( think Chandler) he might also occasionally hit a mid range shot. Deng>Gallo barely. This is the same deng before the season NO one really wanted to trade for.

While the bulls players are good I think they are getting overrated by most bulls fans. Presently the Bulls are better than the Knicks, but I can see that changing soon depending what we do before the deadline.

Knickrocketsfan
02-23-2011, 11:59 AM
The moral to the story is the Bulls run a deeper bench, and the whole big 3 thing is stupid, nobody compares to the Heat's big 1, and thats why it works, Miami has had bench problems with a better bench than NY has, and Lebron>Amare Wade>Carmelo Bosh>billups, so the term big 3 in NY is a dumb statement started by ESPN's biggest NY tool, before knicks fans worry about Chi, worry about ATL and ORL, and we will worry about Bos, and Miami (the good teams)

:facepalm: that is hilarious. The same bench that bulls fans complained about all year saying they have no depth. of course they have a deeper bench than the knicks right now, who doesn't smh

chitown815
02-23-2011, 11:59 AM
wow deron to the nets

chitown815
02-23-2011, 12:01 PM
:facepalm: that is hilarious. The same bench that bulls fans complained about all year saying they have no depth. of course they have a deeper bench than the knicks right now, who doesn't smh

i dont take ppl serious that have 2 teams

Punk
02-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Blocks and/or steals doesn't mean a player is a good defender.

Doesn't matter. It's a defensive stat and It's something every defensive team has anyhow. You put a legit center that can defend and rebound and it's a balance.

CowboysKB24
02-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Not that big of a deal. I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks won the series either.

Knickrocketsfan
02-23-2011, 12:04 PM
i dont take ppl serious that have 2 teams

NICE. when ppl dnt have any rebuttal to the facts, they tend to go off topic.:facepalm:

chitown815
02-23-2011, 12:09 PM
NICE. when ppl dnt have any rebuttal to the facts, they tend to go off topic.:facepalm:

not really, what you said was beyond dumb, goto the Bulls forum, the bench is what the majority consider the main strength of the team, its the main reason the Bulls are a top 5 team, and have dealt with injuries, so i just thought you were too dumb to understand

godolphins
02-23-2011, 12:12 PM
The term big 3 is getting over use now, the Bulls and the Knicks don't have a big three

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 12:15 PM
The term big 3 is getting over use now, the Bulls and the Knicks don't have a big three
Yeah the Heat are the only real team with a big 3 at this point.

Max Power
02-23-2011, 12:18 PM
Broussard throws out "could". Way to go out on a limb, hack. Of course they could.

Shouldn't they be more concerned with whether or not they COULD beat the Heat or Celtics. Even Knicks fanboy Brousssard has trouble dreaming that up.

Knickrocketsfan
02-23-2011, 12:19 PM
not really, what you said was beyond dumb, goto the Bulls forum, the bench is what the majority consider the main strength of the team, its the main reason the Bulls are a top 5 team, and have dealt with injuries, so i just thought you were too dumb to understand

the question is have you been in the bulls forum? considering you just joined. I think its fair to say that you have not gone back to the forums about the bulls at the beginning of the season. Plus Bulls are not a top 5 team in the NBA. prob 6 -8

CTCUBBIES
02-23-2011, 12:26 PM

thank you godolphins. I'm so sick of this phrase being thrown around in the NBA. The Heat have a big three that is insanely talented and that is on BOTH sides of the ball. They are the only big 3. Boston has a great team but people talk about their big three when Rondo who may be their best player isn't included. It's beyond stupid. The Knicks and Heat top three players aren't even comparable.

As for the Bulls versus Knicks "big 12" it's really not even close and luckily for the Bulls NBA basketball isn't played three on three.

Also to the poster who said no one wanted Deng - that has nothing to do with talent and everything to do with his contract. Remember you were the only team who wanted Amare at the max too, that doesn't mean people didn't want Amare, it just means they didn't want a big who avoids finding a body on rebounds and has two bad knees for a max contract.

knicks09
02-23-2011, 12:27 PM

No he's not ? He always bashes the Knicks

bulldog312
02-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Uh, big 3? Please stop with that terminology. Neither team has a "big 3." Looking at who would win based off of a big 3 is just stupid. Deng is a big factor. The Bulls defense is a big factor. The Bulls depth is a big factor (when compared to the Knicks).

And yes, the Knicks certainly COULD beat the Bulls. But the Bulls should be very significant favorites in a 7 game series.

PrettyBoyJ
02-23-2011, 12:31 PM
He's right the knicks beat the Bulls without Melo.. We can def. Beat them with Melo.. Derrick Rose cant carry them forever

b1e9a8r5s
02-23-2011, 12:36 PM
In other news, Stacey King thinks the Bulls will sweep. Serriously, who cares about Broussard's opinion of the Knicks. Does he watch other teams?

02-23-2011, 12:49 PM

This season it may take time for the Knicks to gel so I'd take the Bulls in 6. But in future years, I'm worried about the Knicks now as a Bulls fan. Haven't felt that way in years.

mRc08
02-23-2011, 12:54 PM
honestly this thread is not worth it when every homer tries and makek it seem there team is going to dominate. Its simple,

-True- The bulls lost to the knicks twice this year (I was at one gal made it rain)
- True- That can't be used to judge any future matchup, the teams has dramatically changed and we are adding noah.
-True- Anthony is going to drop some major numbers in new york, especially playing with billups who I believe has more left than people believe.
-True- Mike D'antoni= playoff losses with arguably better assembled teams with suns.

I think before we try and make all these assumptions we should simply watch a game. Broussard's opinion does not really hold much water in my eyes considering he saying that a team that hasn't played a game together yet can beat the bulls in the playoffs. I am one who believes that they can and was very unhappy to hear about the trade, but this half of the season we are going to see a bulls team (all healthy) and knicks team(major trades) that we haven't seen before. All that can really be said is, its going to be fun to watch.

godolphins
02-23-2011, 12:56 PM
thank you godolphins. I'm so sick of this phrase being thrown around in the NBA. The Heat have a big three that is insanely talented and that is on BOTH sides of the ball. They are the only big 3. Boston has a great team but people talk about their big three when Rondo who may be their best player isn't included. It's beyond stupid. The Knicks and Heat top three players aren't even comparable.

As for the Bulls versus Knicks "big 12" it's really not even close and luckily for the Bulls NBA basketball isn't played three on three.

Also to the poster who said no one wanted Deng - that has nothing to do with talent and everything to do with his contract. Remember you were the only team who wanted Amare at the max too, that doesn't mean people didn't want Amare, it just means they didn't want a big who avoids finding a body on rebounds and has two bad knees for a max contract.
:nod: :clap:

D Roses Bulls
02-23-2011, 12:57 PM

THIS

by the way, Broussard is an idiot. tell me one time he was ever right about anything? and no, he wasn't the one who first reported lebron to miami, stephan a smith said it a week before broussard. plus broussard is the former knicks beat writer so what else did you expect him to say?

D Roses Bulls
02-23-2011, 12:58 PM

he was their beat writer at one time and writes for espn new york

knicks09
02-23-2011, 01:00 PM
he was their beat writer at one time and writes for espn new york

That doesn't mean anything tho. He talked soo much sh.t about the Knicks during the summer.

showtym24
02-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Bulls have more than a "big 3" and they play D. Bulls in 6

D Roses Bulls
02-23-2011, 01:02 PM
That doesn't mean anything tho. He talked soo much sh.t about the Knicks during the summer.

of course he did for not landing lebron and i think he was just mad cause he thought he knew lebron was going to new york for like 3 years and it made him look stupid. but broussard is probably the biggest idiot ESPN has to offer besides john hollinger.

tangent12
02-23-2011, 01:04 PM
HA!!! Nice joke, Broussard.

Ever heard of.. considering the rest of the team as well? Like bench and players around the star players?

:laugh: :laugh:

LOOTERX9
02-23-2011, 01:11 PM
I agree with Broussard, Knicks will beat the BULLS. and I would not even call it an upset.

The Final Boss
02-23-2011, 01:14 PM
The next person to post a Broussard thread should get slapped. What credibility does this stiff have that people are following him religiously? And how the **** is Billups old sorry *** considered part of anything big?

Let me have at it:

A lot of people actually prefer the Lakers big 3 (Bryant, Gasol, Bynum) than the big 3 of the Spurs (Duncan, Parker, Manu). If they were to meet in the playoff, this will be a great 6 or 7 games series. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers prevail in that series.

NYK|NYY
02-23-2011, 01:15 PM
This is such a joke. Knicks haven't even played a game yet, lol. Bulls in 4 until I see whats up with my team!

John Walls Era
02-23-2011, 01:15 PM
Bulls in 5. Knicks might be able to win 1-2 games using offense alone, but what are they going to do when they get cold? Eventually you need stops.

Blackwater13
02-23-2011, 01:19 PM
He said that last night on ESPN coast to coast

Tragically the game isn't played three on three.

Tonji10
02-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Bulls in 5-7. Knicks doesn't even have a depth. Until they build a solid bench, I will go with D.Rose and the Bulls. I usually like your opinions Chris, but not on this one. However, I wouldn't be surprise though, if Knicks somehow win...anything is possible.

Albrecht Duerer
02-23-2011, 01:25 PM

Notice how he seems to like playing up the Chicago-NY rivalry? Last summer he threw Chicago in the mix as the leading contender for fans, which upset some Knicks fans. Now this.

The guy is probably a little nostalgic like a lot of us. Its a little too early to say the Bulls-Knicks rivalry is back on though.

tbomlad
02-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Wait? Billups & Noah are all of a sudden superstars and considered part of a "big three". Well then, whose going to contend with the Magic's big three Nelson, J-Rich, & Howard? This is a joke thread right??

b1e9a8r5s
02-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Who care's about Big 3, Big 4 whatever? This is basketball. Who has the best team? That's what matters. The rest is semantics.

NewY0rk Knicks
02-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Very Well Put!

RZZZA
02-23-2011, 01:37 PM
stupid media, their agenda is so transparent.

sevencastro
02-23-2011, 01:40 PM
of course i want my team to win but the bulls have the better team we gutted our team in the melo now when we get a more complete roster we can start talkin bout the knicks beating chicago but for now as much as i hate to say it the bulls win in 6

Sox72
02-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Go nuts, Knicks fans! You now have one quote to hang onto when you post!

chicago lulz
02-23-2011, 01:56 PM
playoffs this year will actually be played on the streets 3 on 3 tournament style

Madtown22
02-23-2011, 01:58 PM
time for the bulls to make a move! Keep up with the EAST!

gbrl
02-23-2011, 01:59 PM
maybe but the rest of the teams its no match

chitown815
02-23-2011, 02:01 PM
and my argument about Bulls being top 5 is more credible than you 7-8 considering they have the 5th best record and their starting C is coming back

Huntey
02-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Chris Broussard talks a load of ****! I wonder sometimes if the guy actualy has 'inside knowledge' on everything. He's a lot of talk and nothing he says ever comes to fruition. NY will be tough offensivly but the Bulls are good offensivly and defensivly, plus i would say It's the Bulls big 4 with Deng having one of his best seasons. Bulls in 6 i would say.

nystandup
02-23-2011, 02:05 PM
I doubt it this year, but one thing is for certain. Knicks are a team nobody will want to face in the playoffs because of Amare and Melo on the same team. I'd give the Bulls the advantage though, they are nasty

_Supreme_
02-23-2011, 02:07 PM
This is another one of those useless "my daddy could so beat up your daddy" threads.

So this one guy thinks team A could maybe beat team B. Another guy will think otherwise. Who are they anyway and who cares?

The fact of the matter is that nobody knows until after they have actually played the games.

LayZbone
02-23-2011, 02:08 PM
That Garden playoff atmosphere is going to be nuts. I'd love to watch a Bulls-Knicks 1st round matchup...as long as it's a 3-6 matchup, and the Heat get the #1 seed. I don't want to see Boston or Chicago until the ECF. Not that I think Chicago would beat us, but having to go through them before Boston would really suck. Gimme Indy or Philly in the 1st round, and ATL or ORL in the 2nd.

CHI-NYK in round 1
CHI-BOS in round 2

That's what I'm talking about.

nystandup
02-23-2011, 02:08 PM
It would definately be an interesting matchup. It will help to bring back the rivalry.

Wade>You
02-23-2011, 02:16 PM
stupid media, their agenda is so transparent.Chicago media plays a big part in shaping the public's opinion. Just so you're aware of how much you read about the Bulls and Derrick Rose is fabricated.

k.smith904
02-23-2011, 02:17 PM
hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

The Knicks still have a horrible defense, and the Bulls have the best D in the league.

Maybe if Melo and Amare can each average 35 points to finish out the year they have a chance to make it past the 1st round.

_Supreme_
02-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Chicago media plays a big part in shaping the public's opinion. Just so you're aware of how much you read about the Bulls and Derrick Rose is fabricated.

New York and Los Angeles media are just as bad though.

Brainwashing masses of fool seems to be their bread & butter these days, and so far they keep being succesfull at it.

k.smith904
02-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Chicago media plays a big part in shaping the public's opinion. Just so you're aware of how much you read about the Bulls and Derrick Rose is fabricated.

HAHA WHAT?!

Do they fabricate Rose's stats too?

Wow my side hurts, a Heat fan complaining about media bias.

wow. :facepalm:

AIRMAR72
02-23-2011, 02:24 PM
broussard must high on meth to say such nonsense

flclfanman
02-23-2011, 02:26 PM
The Knicks have a pretty good starting 5 BUT:

-They play zero defense

-Their bench is ATROCIOUS

-Coach is one-dimesional (run-n-gun, play no defense)

Chi StateOfMind
02-23-2011, 02:30 PM
The Knicks have a pretty good starting 5 BUT:

-They play zero defense

-Their bench is ATROCIOUS

-Coach is one-dimesional (run-n-gun, play no defense)

This except their bench isnt atrocious but still pretty bad

Bornknick73
02-23-2011, 02:32 PM
I guess im the only guy who read COULD in the title.

Miami COULD beat boston but they probably wont

San Antonio COULD beat the Lakers but they probably wont

Chicago COULD beat the Celtics but they probably wont

I guess no one remember the 8th seed Mutombo Nuggets or the 8th seed Spreewell Knicks.

To say a team with Soudemire and Melo have no chance is dumb, just like saying Lebron and Wade have no chance against the Celtics. Anything can happen, it has before and it will again.

If every team was such a safe sure bet there wouldnt be Las Vegas and there wouldnt be UPSETS in sports and sports betting.

Cmon boys let keep it real.

But I hear the Chocolate Lake tastes good with some gumdrops that fall out of the sky near Rainbow Junction.

footballer2369
02-23-2011, 02:34 PM
IMO they have a good chance.... I would take them to win the series if they were underdogs in Vegas.

Blackwater13
02-23-2011, 02:44 PM

WTF does this even mean???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redwhitenblue
02-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Really, Chicago media?

National media has been ridiculous with the Heat all year.

Case in point: the "Heat Index" section on ESPN's main NBA site. An absolute joke. I'm afraid the NBA may pull a Blake Griffin with the Heat in the playoffs.

D Roses Bulls
02-23-2011, 02:54 PM
IMO they have a good chance.... I would take them to win the series if they were underdogs in Vegas.

I'll sig bet you right now then. the knicks will not beat the bulls in the playoffs.

D Roses Bulls
02-23-2011, 02:56 PM

:facepalm: you have the world wide sports network backing you and your complaining about chicago media? :rolleyes:

footballer2369
02-23-2011, 02:57 PM
I'll sig bet you right now then. the knicks will not beat the bulls in the playoffs.

Sure...

D Roses Bulls
02-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Sure...

sure, like okay? cause if we are doing this, imma be looking forward to you rockin that derrick rose sig

footballer2369
02-23-2011, 02:59 PM
sure, like okay? cause if we are doing this, imma be looking forward to you rockin that derrick rose sig

Yup... Like OK. I have some ideas too.

DaBUU
02-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Wade>You

Yes, DRose does not even exist, its a hologram out there breakin ankles. He is a creation of the Chicago Media, nice job Sherlock you figured out the giant scam.

Ezio
02-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Lol @ chicago media. I flip through channels and some of the spanish news shows are showing highlights of the recent Heat game. The media could care less about the Bulls now that Spring Training is going on.

MRW
02-23-2011, 03:15 PM

Did you happen to watch the last two games between these two teams? That was without Melo. TD killed the Bulls.

Catfish1314
02-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Maybe if their team learns how to play defense.

DLeeicious
02-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Did you happen to watch the last two games between these two teams? That was without Melo. TD killed the Bulls.

What about the other 50 games where they were a .500 ball club? What about the fact that they may not even be a better team with this trade?

1-800-STFU
02-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Cool.

And I COULD win a million dollars some day.

Come back to me when they learn to play defense.

SteBO
02-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Did you know that you can't win consistently playing no D and jacking up three's? They aren't beating the Bulls in a series. Sorry.

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 03:43 PM
Saying "could upset" makes the statement not so bad, but still we're not gonna beat Chicago this year. I think we're looking at a first round exit since we will be playing a top 4 team in the East and chemistry will take more time.

Kashmir13579
02-23-2011, 03:48 PM

yea, many in the Bulls forum;)

it will be a hard fought serious and i CANNOT WAIT. :clap:

Kashmir13579
02-23-2011, 03:49 PM

lmao, yea cause Deng was finals MVP:facepalm:

TheBatchelor213
02-23-2011, 03:50 PM
I agree, Bulls will fall, plus they cant shoot free throws and as minimal as that sounds now, thats going to be key come playoff time.

chi-townlove1
02-23-2011, 03:54 PM
i absolutely disagree completely.. i think that the bulls will take them out in 5 games ATM. possibly even four. yes ive watched the knicks. ive seen them play, and i think that the melo thing only makes them a worse team. they went from a star and 4 core players to 2 stars and 1 core player with absolutely no bench. Chauncey was great. WAS. no longer does he have the legs to guard Derrick Rose. amare = boozer. and Deng can guard melo. He has shown that numerous times. they cannot beat our defense in a series, and have no answer for Rose. Bulls in 5.

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Billups was Finals MVP a while ago man. That experience is meaningless now. I'm not saying Deng is better than Billups, but Billups is not the same guy he was in Detroit.

Kashmir13579
02-23-2011, 03:57 PM
i absolutely disagree completely.. i think that the bulls will take them out in 5 games ATM. possibly even four. yes ive watched the knicks. ive seen them play, and i think that the melo thing only makes them a worse team. they went from a star and 4 core players to 2 stars and 1 core player with absolutely no bench. Chauncey was great. WAS. no longer does he have the legs to guard Derrick Rose. amare = boozer. and Deng can guard melo. He has shown that numerous times. they cannot beat our defense in a series, and have no answer for Rose. Bulls in 5.

first of all, TDs gonna be guarding Rose, just like he was the 2 games where we smoked you guys.

second of all,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgr1-Yyy7PQ

Kashmir13579
02-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Billups was Finals MVP a while ago man. That experience is meaningless now. I'm not saying Deng is better than Billups, but Billups is not the same guy he was in Detroit.

The bolded part is certainly not true.

his name is Big Shot Billups for a reason. he's gonna bring veteran leadership and 3 point shooting that our PGs have lacked.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-23-2011, 04:01 PM

What season was that in again?

Pierzynski4Prez
02-23-2011, 04:03 PM
I agree, Bulls will fall, plus they cant shoot free throws and as minimal as that sounds now, thats going to be key come playoff time.

Yes, because making free throws >>>>>>>> playing Defense

You know the saying, Free throws win championships.

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 04:05 PM
The bolded part is certainly not true.

his name is Big Shot Billups for a reason. he's gonna bring veteran leadership and 3 point shooting that our PGs have lacked.
Okay, maybe not meaningless. But I mean it's not enough to make a huge difference.

RZZZA
02-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Kashmir is like one inch away from being on my ignore list

most annoying Knicks fan by a mile

Quietmoney
02-23-2011, 04:29 PM
False.

And how you figure that?? I was watching that game and saw how Rose got benched by the coach for not playing D.

DLeeicious
02-23-2011, 04:32 PM
And how you figure that?? I was watching that game and saw how Rose got benched by the coach for not playing D.

Yes we know you have only watched 2 bulls games this year you've made that quite clear. Stop judging teams and players by 2 games you've seen, you clearly don't know what you are talking about so why act like you do?

rone907
02-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Everyone does know that the Knicks are 2-0 against the Bulls this year right. And thats without Melo

DLeeicious
02-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Everyone does know that the Knicks are 2-0 against the Bulls this year right. And thats without Melo

At that rate the Bulls will NEVER beat the Knicks ZOMG!!!!!

RZZZA
02-23-2011, 04:39 PM

so were the bobcats up till a week ago, so what?

Knicks = Bobcats, there, happy?

Quietmoney
02-23-2011, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=DLeeicious;16851660]Yes we know you have only watched 2 bulls games this year you've made that quite clear. Stop judging teams and players by 2 games you've seen, you clearly don't know what you are talking about so why act like you do?

The bulls don't match up dude!! And Rose does not play defense. He plays offense which is cool by me because if you try to out score us you will never beat us. And further more if you guys don't win the last game we have with each other, the physiological edge we're gonna have over you guys won't be good for ya'll.

smith&wesson
02-23-2011, 04:41 PM
rose > billups
amare > boozer
melo >> deng
noah > ???

it would be a pretty tight series imo opinion. if the knicks had a solid 5 they would take the series, but they dont, YET

RZZZA
02-23-2011, 04:45 PM
The bulls don't match up dude!! And Rose does not play defense. He plays offense which is cool by me because if you try to out score us you will never beat us. And further more if you guys don't win the last game we have with each other, the physiological edge we're gonna have over you guys won't be good for ya'll.

uh huh...we just got done beating the Spurs, y'know, the best team in basketball? Now we're concentrating on beating the Heat, y'know, a top 5 team in basketball?

Bulls fans aren't worried about the freakin' Knicks, ok man? Not yet. You guys are the Nuggets, basically, we can beat you.

ChitownSports16
02-23-2011, 04:49 PM
uh huh...we just got done beating the Spurs, y'know, the best team in basketball? Now we're concentrating on beating the Heat, y'know, a top 5 team in basketball?

Bulls fans aren't worried about the freakin' Knicks, ok man? Not yet. You guys are the Nuggets, basically, we can beat you.

This!!! the New York Nuggets basically.

rone907
02-23-2011, 04:51 PM
We beat the Spurs y'know and the Heat y'know. And you slit with Denver this year mmmm are you sure you want us to be Denver?

RZZZA
02-23-2011, 04:54 PM
the game denver won, rose and boozer were out, CJ played all game and scored 30, and we only lost by 1 point because of john lucas III missing 2 free throws. He's not even on our team any more.

redwhitenblue
02-23-2011, 04:56 PM
We beat the Spurs y'know and the Heat y'know. And you slit with Denver this year mmmm are you sure you want us to be Denver?
When we lost to Denver, Rose didn't play and CJ Watson scored 33, and we lost because a guy just signed off the street missed 2 late FT's.

And :laugh2: at the guy who said Rose doesn't play D. Rose plays very good team D, rotating to help and is a good shot blocker too for a PG. You'll know what non-defense looks like if you watch the Knicks though.

DLeeicious
02-23-2011, 04:57 PM
I am astonished that people are making statements based on sample sizes of 2 games ITT. How about using the whole season? The Knicks are a .500 team and the Bulls are a .700 team.

Atticus Finch
02-23-2011, 04:58 PM
The Knicks haven't even played a game together and people are already claiming they can beat the #1 defense in the NBA? I'll take Chicago for having the better defense, having the best player from either team (rose), and for having a legit center who can board and play D. New York's lack of size is going to hurt them, they need to get someone taller than 6'10"

redwhitenblue
02-23-2011, 04:59 PM
And they won because they took advantage of perimeter scoring, 3 pt FG's were huge for NY in both games. They traded two of the bigger pieces the Bulls struggled against.

Amare vs the Bulls this year, a 14/8 game with 8 TO's against Noah (5-21 shooting and he fouled out)
A 20/10 game with 7 TO's when Noah was injured.

Evolution23
02-23-2011, 05:00 PM
I can honestly say I would not take a Deng for Melo trade straight up if offered. And I've been saying it since the start of the year. Because Melo is the most overrated player in all of basketball. And while I like Deng, I would trade him straight up for a guy like Granger. But not Melo.

:speechless:

Evolution23
02-23-2011, 05:01 PM
I am astonished that people are making statements based on sample sizes of 2 games ITT. How about using the whole season? The Knicks are a .500 team and the Bulls are a .700 team.

its all about matchups in the playoffs.. you are only playing 1 team in a 7 game series so its fair to compare the 2 teams in the regular season. The one thing thats not fair is seeing how the injuries affected the bulls and how melo effects the knicks.

TylerSL
02-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Knicks Big 3>Bulls Big 3

Knicks Team<<Bulls Team

Bulls could beat them in a 7 game series still no doubt

Super.
02-23-2011, 05:03 PM

That's ludicrous. So playing in the Finals a few years ago doesn't mean ****? So experience is nothing?

Man the Celtics and Spurs be ****ED

redwhitenblue
02-23-2011, 05:04 PM
its all about matchups in the playoffs.. you are only playing 1 team in a 7 game series so its fair to compare the 2 teams in the regular season. The one thing thats not fair is seeing how the injuries affected the bulls and how melo effects the knicks.
I'm less worried about the Knicks than I was 2 days ago.

They were dangerous from the perimeter and had Amare inside. I'm really not that concerned about their perimeter game as much anymore. I think this trade is GREAT for NYK against Miami, who severely lacks an inside presence, but I think it doesn't do much for them against CHI and BOS.

DLeeicious
02-23-2011, 05:05 PM

Agreed on the matchups but I cannot agree on the results of a season series (max 4 games) ever having any impact on how a series will go. How the games were won or lost based on matchups is far more important than just saying "Well the Knicks won both games". How did they win? They shot the lights out of the ball. What does that mean for a potential playoff series? Nothing.

mjqusoldier
02-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Weve beat the Bulls twice without Melo. Of course we have a great chance. Nobody really wants to see us in the playoffs.

redwhitenblue
02-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Knicks Big 3>Bulls Big 3

Knicks Team<<Bulls Team

Bulls could beat them in a 7 game series still no doubt
I'd even argue the top point. Rose is superior to anyone the Knicks have. Boozer is still a 20/10 guy. I'd say it almost comes down to who does more between Billups and Noah, and at this point when healthy it's showing to be Noah.

Oh...and between the two big 3's you listed, only one has a couple guys who can play defense.

DLeeicious
02-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Okay now I just feel like I'm taking crazy pills. All but like 6 people ITT pmed each other beforehand to push my buttons by acting like morons over and over again.

redwhitenblue
02-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Does anyone in NY remember that they still have to play D to win?

They really didn't add much scoring in this trade, but they certainly didn't add defense either. They've been a superior offensive team all year, but they're 28-26 because they can't play any defense and still can't.

footballer2369
02-23-2011, 05:09 PM
I'd even argue the top point. Rose is superior to anyone the Knicks have. Boozer is still a 20/10 guy. I'd say it almost comes down to who does more between Billups and Noah, and at this point when healthy it's showing to be Noah.

Oh...and between the two big 3's you listed, only one has a couple guys who can play defense.

Knicks 3 is better. Rose is not superior to Melo. That is absurd to say, especially this early in his career.

TylerSL
02-23-2011, 05:10 PM
The Knicks rotation will probably be

PG.Billups
SG.Fields
SF.Melo
PF.Amare
C.Turriaf
6.Douglas
7.Brewer
8.Walker
9.Williams

While the Bulls have

PG.Rose
SG.Korver??? (I think they start him)
SF.Deng
PF.Boozer
C.Noah
6.Gibson
7.Brewer
8.Watson
9.Thomas

I still pick the Bulls. I would say Bulls would win 4-2 in a 7 game series

effen5
02-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Weve beat the Bulls twice without Melo. Of course we have a great chance. Nobody really wants to see us in the playoffs.

Just stop...both times you beat us we didn't have either Noah or Boozer not to mention you guys were shooting a ridiculous three point percentage.....and you traded all those guys away.

JB only made this thread because hes mad we didn't get either Amare or Melo yet we still have a more dominant team then the Knicks. Knicks have WAY too many holes while the Bulls are missing one player from being a contender.

Dade County
02-23-2011, 05:11 PM
I did not know, that the knicks and bulls had a big 3.... (my bad)

And the 1st round winner is how ever he league wants to WIN that series... LIKE always.

Cubs Win
02-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Knicks 3 is better. Rose is not superior to Melo. That is absurd to say, especially this early in his career.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=rosede01&y1=2011&p2=anthoca01&y2=2011

Oh really? The stats say otherwise.:eyebrow:

redwhitenblue
02-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Considering Rose plays a little defense, it's really not at all. Actually look at the numbers this year, Rose is at the very least right with Melo, IMO he's outplaying him easily when you consider defense.

NYM1989
02-23-2011, 05:13 PM
no chance they beat us, and all this talk about a Knick/Bulls playoff series the only way the knicks will play us in a playoff series will be if they finish 7th or 8th in the East cuz the Bulls will finish 1st or 2nd in the East Guranteed and you guys can use that as your sig if you want but the Bulls will finish in 1st or 2nd in the east you guys watch

TylerSL
02-23-2011, 05:14 PM

The bolded part is a good point, but Melo is a 25/8 guy (points/rebouds), and Amare is a 25/8/2 guy (points/rebounds/blocks). Billups is still also 15/7 guy (points/assits). So I would consider the Knicks big 3 ahead of the Bulls big 3, but the Knicks lost alot of depth in this trade so the Bulls are still better.

JordansBulls
02-23-2011, 05:16 PM
JB only made this thread because hes mad we didn't get either Amare or Melo yet we still have a more dominant team then the Knicks. Knicks have WAY too many holes while the Bulls are missing one player from being a contender.

I made this thread because Bulls fans think we would slaughter the Knicks. I think we would win in 7, but some Bulls fans have been talking like a 4 or 5 game series.

TylerSL
02-23-2011, 05:18 PM
I made this thread because Bulls fans think we would slaughter the Knicks. I think we would win in 7, but some Bulls fans have been talking like a 4 or 5 game series.

Im not a Bulls fan, but I still think the Bulls would win in 6.

Cubs Win
02-23-2011, 05:18 PM

I think it would depend partially on how well the Knicks have meshed by the time a potential postseason meeting happens. I still think it would be Bulls in 5 to 6 games, unless the Knicks suddenly show an ability to play defense which seems unlikely considering their major addition is a defensive ******.

redwhitenblue
02-23-2011, 05:20 PM
The bolded part is a good point, but Melo is a 25/8 guy (points/rebouds), and Amare is a 25/8/2 guy (points/rebounds/blocks). Billups is still also 15/7 guy (points/assits). So I would consider the Knicks big 3 ahead of the Bulls big 3, but the Knicks lost alot of depth in this trade so the Bulls are still better.
Rose is a 25/8/4 guy (pts/assists/rebounds)
Boozer is a 20/10 guy (pts/rebounds)
Noah is a 14/12 guy (pts/rebounds)

The big difference is we know those numbers are possible together (actually Boozer averaged a little better when he played with Noah). The likelihood of Anthony and Stoudemire holding their 25PPG average doesn't seem likely to me.

And the Bulls team as a whole brings in 44 rebounds per game (2nd to MIN 44.9) while allowing only 39.4 (2nd to BOS 39.1).

Their rebounding differential is #1 in the NBA.

TylerSL
02-23-2011, 05:20 PM
I think it would depend partially on how well the Knicks have meshed by the time a potential postseason meeting happens. I still think it would be Bulls in 5 to 6 games, unless the Knicks suddenly show an ability to play defense which seems unlikely considering their major addition is a defensive ******.

The Knicks are in the D'Antoni system. They will not learn or play defense...

Cubs Win
02-23-2011, 05:22 PM
The Knicks are in the D'Antoni system. They will not learn or play defense...

Exactly part of my point. I don't see them getting better defensively, so it should be over in 5 to 6 games, IMO.

footballer2369
02-23-2011, 05:22 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=rosede01&y1=2011&p2=anthoca01&y2=2011

Oh really? The stats say otherwise.:eyebrow:

Stats are applicable only when they suit Rose, I guess. How many times have I heard that stats don't accurately depict his impact- the same thing with Noah. When they do show him as slightly better in a 50 game sample, they're thrown around as gospel. Ok.

Considering Rose plays a little defense, it's really not at all. Actually look at the numbers this year, Rose is at the very least right with Melo, IMO he's outplaying him easily when you consider defense.

Sure. I don't think this season is an accurate representation of Melo, though. He didn't want to be there, and he was distracted. I don't think 50 games is enough to show Rose as a superior player, though. That's for sure.

I'm not hating here, Rose is a superstar, now. I just don't think he's superior to Melo- at least not yet.

Me and Mr. T
02-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Knicks big 3?? Chauncey is not BIG. The guy averages 16 ppg. That's not BIG. Devon Harris averages 15 ppg and people say he's above average so one more ppg puts you into the NBA elite? Big me a freaking break!

TylerSL
02-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Exactly part of my point. I don't see them getting better defensively, so it should be over in 5 to 6 games, IMO.

I think the Knicks could win 2 at MSG

TylerSL
02-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Knicks big 3?? Chauncey is not BIG. The guy averages 16 ppg. That's not BIG. Devon Harris averages 15 ppg and people say he's above average so one more ppg puts you into the NBA elite? Big me a freaking break!

Billups is a top 7 PG and shoots .441% from 3........

Cubs Win
Stats are applicable only when they suit Rose, I guess. How many times have I heard that stats don't accurately depict his impact- the same thing with Noah. When they do show him as slightly better in a 50 game sample, they're thrown around as gospel. Ok.

This sounds like a response from a butthurt fan that stats just proved wrong. Rose has been better than Melo so far this year. There really isn't any denying it.

Here they are again for your convenience:

redwhitenblue

Sure. I don't think this season is an accurate representation of Melo, though. He didn't want to be there, and he was distracted. I don't think 50 games is enough to show Rose as a superior player, though. That's for sure.

I'm not hating here, Rose is a superstar, now. I just don't think he's superior to Melo- at least not yet.
You really did nothing to help your point with the first part of this post.

Melo's numbers are right in line with his career. In fact he's a little better on the boards than normal, so you're 'not wanting to be there' argument doesn't hold water.

He also hasn't faced the kind of controversy that he might have to if NY struggles. How will he handle that?

Cubs Win
02-23-2011, 05:27 PM
I think the Knicks could win 2 at MSG

Yeah, I that's why I said 5 or 6 games. I feel they'd get at least 1 at MSG and possibly 2. I'm just not sold on the second victory for them yet, but it certainly is possible.

Me and Mr. T
02-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Billups is a top 7 PG........

Maybe he's the 7th best PG in the league but to say he's elite and is one of the Knicks BIG 3 is a joke. Sorry but it is.

footballer2369
02-23-2011, 05:31 PM
This sounds like a response from a butthurt fan that stats just proved wrong. Rose has been better than Melo so far this year. There really isn't any denying it.

Here they are again for your convenience:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=westbru01&y1=2011&p2=rosede01&y2=2011

Your thoughts on these stats?

THE_G.O.A.T.
02-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Its threads like this that make me hate the NBA.

redwhitenblue
02-23-2011, 05:33 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=westbru01&y1=2011&p2=rosede01&y2=2011

The ones that say Rose is better than Westbrook?

I guess they're good. Westbrook is definitely rising too.

Cubs Win
02-23-2011, 05:33 PM

Russell Westbrook got traded to the Knicks too?! :speechless: Who did they have to give up?

I guess that's why he has something to do with this thread. :rolleyes:

Get on topic hater.

effen5
02-23-2011, 05:34 PM

Are you changing your stance? You said n he Bulls forum we would lose in the first round because they got Melo.

Knicks have two excellent offensive players but they still lack a center and a PG not to mention defense and rebounding.

mjqusoldier
02-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Just stop...both times you beat us we didn't have either Noah or Boozer not to mention you guys were shooting a ridiculous three point percentage.....and you traded all those guys away.

And were only missing 1 player as well. A center away

killbumdeluxe13
Bulls in 6, Bulls play great defense, Knicks dont know what defense is. NYK has their big 3, but Chicago has a Big 4 (Rose, Boozer, Noah, and DENG). Nobody mentions Luol but he is quietly having one of his best seasons of his career and has more than filled in when Boozer and now Noah have been out.

footballer2369
Are you changing your stance? You said n he Bulls forum we would lose in the first round because they got Melo.

Knicks have two excellent offensive players but they still lack a center and a PG not to mention defense and rebounding.

IMO Billups/Douglass is easily a top 10 combo at PG.

JordansBulls
02-23-2011, 05:37 PM

I never said they would beat us, I said they could beat us, and I wouldn't doubt it if it happened.

Thatruth32
02-23-2011, 05:38 PM
if im looking at just the top 3 ill take NY all day everyday.. when u take the whole team ill take chi team all day everyday

redwhitenblue
And were only missing 1 player as well. A center away
I agree that you're still a strong defensive/rebounding C away from being a contender. But D'Antoni will not have that on his team.

But I disagree with who you quoted, the Bulls being 2 games behind BOS and MIA, having beaten both of them already, leads me to believe the Bulls are already a contender.

flclfanman
Broussard has started a flame war by pumping up these Knick fan's egos.

And people say bull fans are annoying? :rolleyes:

Look Knicks, you guys play ZERO defense. You have a coach that emphasizes ZERO defense. Your bench is insanely bad; you make Carlos Arroyo and J Howard in MIA look desirable.

Yeah you beat us twice this year, congrats; but weren't you guys like 70+% from 3? You think you can set a playoff record and shoot that good in a 7 game series???

The Knicks right now are a "Diet-Orlando". You have a good post presence (Amare) and a ton of wing guys who jack up threes. When they go in you may win, when they miss you WILL lose. (You lost to CLEVELAND this way, mkay? :facepalm:)

I'm happy for NYK they're relevant and the fans have games to look forward to, but let's not walk before we can crawl.

MRW
Did you know that you can't win consistently playing no D and jacking up three's? They aren't beating the Bulls in a series. Sorry.

If you had watched those two games you would have seen the Knicks beat the Bulls with consistent D. Oh and those three's that get jacked up happen to fall quite a bit :p

redwhitenblue
02-23-2011, 05:39 PM
I never said they would beat us, I said they could beat us, and I wouldn't doubt it if it happened.
You said AT BEST Chicago in 7 games. Leading most to believe that therefore you must put more stock into NY winning if the only way the Bulls won would be in 7.

RangersMets
02-23-2011, 05:39 PM
What's with comparing Melo' to Rose? They don't play against each other since they play completely different positions. Seriously, how would someone be impressed that a 1 has more assists or steals than a 2?

Position by position, I'll try and leave bias by the wayside.

1- Rose vs Billups: Rose has the distinct advantage here and this is an obvious win for the Bulls. However, Billups has shown some great veteran presence in playoffs past and has no problem getting a little physical defensively with other guys, especially young ones. On the other hand, it is much more likely that Rose simply outplays Billups.

2- Fields vs Korver: I'll admit that this matchup could potentially go either way. Fields would most likely beat Korver on the boards, considering he leads rebounding in the NBA for a 2. They are both very young and inexperienced, and all things considered I'm going to give this a push, as much as I want to slightly favor Fields.

3- Melo' vs Deng: Deng can light it up on occasion, but this is still Carmelo Anthony. He is a better scorer and leads the NBA in rebounding for the 3. Also, Melo is arguably the best iso' player in the game. If I had to make a quick comparison, I would say Carmelo has a little more of an advantage over Deng than Rose has over Billups.

4- Amar'e vs Boozer: This is a great matchup with both players being fierce in the paint as well as good to great mid-range jump shots. I'd like to say that Amar'e has an advantage because of his leadership, but I do not follow Boozer as much to make a fair comparison and Amar'e's leadership only came about this year(maybe someone else can provide better input). I'm going to give the edge to Amar'e here because he is having a better season to this point.

5. Noah vs Turiaf/?: This is far and away the greatest advantage that the Bulls, and any team, have over the Knicks. We will get killed in the paints points-wise and rebounds-wise. This is going to have to be one of those things where we hope we can throw bodies at Noah and rely on our energy guys, like Turiaf, to step up and keep Noah in check.

Bench: The advantage here goes to the Bulls, but, surprisingly, not by much. Corey Brewer could provide some great energy and relief off of the bench, and in a Mike D system the starters for his team usually end up with more court time than the starters of the other team(could hurt in a full 7 game series).

Alas, the trade deadline goes on and there is still more time for acquisitions. Knicks are still shopping for a gap-filling Center, which could swing this series their way.

In the end, I see this series(if it were to happen) going a full 7 games and whichever team's stars step up will win this series.

Homerism now, when the game is on the line I would want the Knicks trio over the Bulls.

redwhitenblue
02-23-2011, 05:40 PM
If you had watched those two games you would have seen the Knicks beat the Bulls with consistent D. Oh and those three's that get jacked up happen to fall quite a bit :p
The Knicks played consistent D? The Bulls scored 112 points in one of those games.

And Knicks fans don't seem to realize they traded away a lot of their 3 pt threat.

effen5
02-23-2011, 05:43 PM

http://prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16790849&postcount=289

:facepalm:

DreStylez
02-23-2011, 05:44 PM

D. Rose can't play Defense? D.Rose held Deron Williams to 5-13 and Chris Paul to 3-10 shooting.

MRW
02-23-2011, 05:44 PM
What about the other 50 games where they were a .500 ball club? What about the fact that they may not even be a better team with this trade?

Those other games they were a .500 club they had one proven go to guy. They now have another. I'm just saying 2-0 against the Bills so far. I remember Rose getting benched and the Bulls throwing in the towel while playing no d.

RZZZA
02-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Rose is the top shot blocking PG in the league. By far.

JordansBulls
http://prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16790849&postcount=289

:facepalm:

That was before the deal was made.

madvillian9

What is the point of this?
Did you even look at your own link?

effen5
D. Rose can't play Defense? D.Rose held Deron Williams to 5-13 and Chris Paul to 3-10 shooting.

on back to back games....:clap:

Cubs Win
02-23-2011, 05:46 PM
What is the point of this?
Did you even look at your own link?

He's not the brightest. :laugh:

redwhitenblue
02-23-2011, 05:47 PM
What's with comparing Melo' to Rose? They don't play against each other since they play completely different positions. Seriously, how would someone be impressed that a 1 has more assists or steals than a 2?

Position by position, I'll try and leave bias by the wayside.

1- Rose vs Billups: Rose has the distinct advantage here and this is an obvious win for the Bulls. However, Billups has shown some great veteran presence in playoffs past and has no problem getting a little physical defensively with other guys, especially young ones. On the other hand, it is much more likely that Rose simply outplays Billups.

2- Fields vs Korver: I'll admit that this matchup could potentially go either way. Fields would most likely beat Korver on the boards, considering he leads rebounding in the NBA for a 2. They are both very young and inexperienced, and all things considered I'm going to give this a push, as much as I want to slightly favor Fields.

3- Melo' vs Deng: Deng can light it up on occasion, but this is still Carmelo Anthony. He is a better scorer and leads the NBA in rebounding for the 3. Also, Melo is arguably the best iso' player in the game. If I had to make a quick comparison, I would say Carmelo has a little more of an advantage over Deng than Rose has over Billups.

4- Amar'e vs Boozer: This is a great matchup with both players being fierce in the paint as well as good to great mid-range jump shots. I'd like to say that Amar'e has an advantage because of his leadership, but I do not follow Boozer as much to make a fair comparison and Amar'e's leadership only came about this year(maybe someone else can provide better input). I'm going to give the edge to Amar'e here because he is having a better season to this point.

5. Noah vs Turiaf/?: This is far and away the greatest advantage that the Bulls, and any team, have over the Knicks. We will get killed in the paints points-wise and rebounds-wise. This is going to have to be one of those things where we hope we can throw bodies at Noah and rely on our energy guys, like Turiaf, to step up and keep Noah in check.

Bench: The advantage here goes to the Bulls, but, surprisingly, not by much. Corey Brewer could provide some great energy and relief off of the bench, and in a Mike D system the starters for his team usually end up with more court time than the starters of the other team(could hurt in a full 7 game series).

Alas, the trade deadline goes on and there is still more time for acquisitions. Knicks are still shopping for a gap-filling Center, which could swing this series their way.

In the end, I see this series(if it were to happen) going a full 7 games and whichever team's stars step up will win this series.

Homerism now, when the game is on the line I would want the Knicks trio over the Bulls.
What you missed....as all Knicks fans are, is defense.

Rose and Billups is a good comparison, though I don't like the veteran leadership thing. Rose hasn't been a slouch in his postseason play. He's actually been great.

Deng is so far superior over Melo defensively.

Amar'e has an edge over Boozer, neither play D, so their stats are fairly simple to look at.

As for the bench, the Bulls is superior and it's not that close. You put Korver in the starting lineup, but I'll point out he comes off the bench with Ronnie Brewer, Taj Gibson, Kurt Thomas (who's played very well in Noah's absence), CJ Watson and 3rd C 7'0 Asik. Bulls and Celts bench are far and away better than anyone else's in the East.

killbumdeluxe13
02-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Using the previous games vs. the Knicks as a basis for judgement in completely useless in this scenario. NYK doesn't have Chandler, Felton, or Gallo anymore (3/5 of their starting lineup!), nor do they have the firepower from the 3 pt line anymore.

DLeeicious
02-23-2011, 05:48 PM

lol gold. Way to pick a player who Rose has statistically beat. WP as usual footballer.

MRW
02-23-2011, 05:48 PM
so were the bobcats up till a week ago, so what?

Knicks = Bobcats, there, happy?

So the lowly Knicks AND the lowly Bobcats are 2-0 against the mighty Bills? Must be luck:)

gocubs2118
02-23-2011, 05:49 PM
This thread doesn't make any sense, the Bulls don't have a big 3.

madvillian9
JordanBulls just got owned....

PatsSoxKnicks

Correction: The Bulls defense held Williams to 5-13 and Paul to 3-10. The Bulls are a great example of team defense being greater then the sum of its parts. Individually, Rose and Boozer are still lousy defenders (especially Boozer) but because the Bulls now have a defensive minded coach who's got an excellent TEAM defensive scheme, everyone looks better now defensively.

For what its worth, if Mike D wasn't the coach of the Knicks and they had someone like Van Gundy (either of them), Thib, Riley, etc. coaching their team, they'd be a lot better defensively. I think both Carmelo and Amare could actually be really good defenders if they actually committed to it but under their current coach, they won't have a reason to.

redwhitenblue
02-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Those other games they were a .500 club they had one proven go to guy. They now have another. I'm just saying 2-0 against the Bills so far. I remember Rose getting benched and the Bulls throwing in the towel while playing no d.
In the first game, which was the blowout early, Rose had 24 points and 14 assists. He likely got sat because they were down big early and they had to play Boston the next night.

The second game Rose had 25 pts, 8 assists, 7 rebounds and 6 steals.

RZZZA
02-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Correction: The Bulls defense held Williams to 5-13 and Paul to 3-10. The Bulls are a great example of team defense being greater then the sum of its parts. Individually, Rose and Boozer are still lousy defenders (especially Boozer) but because the Bulls now have a defensive minded coach who's got an excellent TEAM defensive scheme, everyone looks better now defensively.

For what its worth, if Mike D wasn't the coach of the Knicks and they had someone like Van Gundy (either of them), Thib, Riley, etc. coaching their team, they'd be a lot better defensively. I think both Carmelo and Amare could actually be really good defenders if they actually committed to it but under their current coach, they won't have a reason to.

so, being the top shot blocking PG in the NBA is not having good individual defense?

kjoke
better 3 players? id have to say yes but Better team, no.

DLeeicious
Using the previous games vs. the Knicks as a basis for judgement in completely useless in this scenario. NYK doesn't have Chandler, Felton, or Gallo anymore (3/5 of their starting lineup!), nor do they have the firepower from the 3 pt line anymore.

Also it is TWO games. This year the Lakers beat the Cavs by like 93 points one game and then lost the other. Hmmmmm could it be that a 2 game sample size isn't enough?

faze38
02-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Im going with Knicks in 6! I mean it's going to be a crazy series but people have to remember that Billups earned his nickname because of his playoff play. So i'm going to have to go with the team that has a vet that has lead his team to a ring and that is none other then Mr. Big Shot. Tough series that the Knicks win but it's going to come down to Billups's game management. I would say that is a very uneasy pick tho because Billups did teach Rose alot in the summer and it might come back to bite him and my beloved Knicks. If it goes to 7 it will go to the Bulls no question.

redwhitenblue

I think Amare could be. I don't think Melo can.

And Rose is not a bad defender. He's not fantastic, but he's above average right now.

MRW
The Knicks played consistent D? The Bulls scored 112 points in one of those games.

And Knicks fans don't seem to realize they traded away a lot of their 3 pt threat.

Yes 112 twelve points in ONE of those games. The Bulls lost both games so I guess their d wasn't so good:)

NYMetros
02-23-2011, 05:53 PM
At this very moment, Bulls in 6.

Depends on how the Knicks play down the stretch though, how Amare/Billups/Melo gel, etc.

mjqusoldier
02-23-2011, 05:54 PM
This thread doesn't make any sense, the Bulls don't have a big 3.

This. Noah and Boozer arent superstars.