PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Anthem: Purp and Yellow- The Game & Snoop

shep33
02-23-2011, 03:57 AM
First off I'm a Laker fan... and it irritates me how distracted our team is with guys doing short movies, commercials, unisex cologne, and now we got 3 of our guys in a music video!

It's all good though. Hopefully we turn it on down the stretch this year...

Anyways here's the new anthem, what do you guys think of it as a song? And should more teams have stuff like this? IMO I think it'd be cool if you had 20K people singing a verse during a playoff game. Kinda like how Euro basketball or Soccer have chants during games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhPXdbjGLTc

The Dream
02-23-2011, 04:01 AM
how original

COBY KARL
02-23-2011, 04:02 AM
everyone is gonna say to post to the Lakers forum...
but i have to say that other teams can't really do things like this because simply the fact that many other teams are in smaller markets and dont have these opportunities like L.A.
You're not gonna see Demar and the Toronto Raptors in a Canadian rap music video or Kevin Durant in a country song in Oklahoma

shep33
02-23-2011, 04:03 AM
how original

haha I know hey, kinda wished they'd bring something new to the table. But whatever, still sounds good.

I think it'd be cool for everyteam to have an anthem. From the Bucks to Heat, why not? I think it'd be cool.

Hometown singers making an anthem for their respective teams would be pretty cool IMO.

shep33
02-23-2011, 04:12 AM
everyone is gonna say to post to the Lakers forum...
but i have to say that other teams can't really do things like this because simply the fact that many other teams are in smaller markets and dont have these opportunities like L.A.
You're not gonna see Demar and the Toronto Raptors in a Canadian rap music video or Kevin Durant in a country song in Oklahoma

I know what your saying, but also a lot of these videos wouldn't cost that much to make. I mean I don't think the Lakers paid these guys to do something like this... I just think it'd be cool for each team to have one.

I'll bet anything that the Knicks have something sooner or later. Just thought it could add something to the game.

I mean you don't have to have a music video, just some people from the state/city of the team making some good music and supporting their team. Teams don't have to pay for it, but I'm sure hometown singers/fans would be into it....

I'd love to hear a Pistons anthem by Eminem/Kid Rock for instance, or a Knicks anthem by Nas/Fabolous, a future Nets (Brooklyn) anthem by Jay Z.... I think it'd be pretty cool

shep33
02-23-2011, 04:15 AM
One thing that would be cool... is if each team had an anthem, and like in Soccer the fans could sing their respective team songs (verses of them) during a game.... I think that'd be cool. But that's just me...

I think Euro basketball teams do that too. I dunno, I think it'd be a cool idea in that, say the fans are singing it in a playoff game, 18-20K strong, it could really annoy the away team, and just add some fire to the game.

John Walls Era
02-23-2011, 04:22 AM
Nvm - It might have been fan made, but still....

shep33
02-23-2011, 04:25 AM
Lions got an anthem, though its more of a diss - Blue and Silver.

haha, well I wish every team had one, I think it'd be good for the game in all truth. Get the fans more involved... let them chant during a game or something. I love hearing soccer chants, I think it's so cool, each team with like a specific song.

thechom80
02-23-2011, 04:35 AM
Original? No. Good? Yes. This is the only version of this I can tolerate. I'm sure every sports team has someone from the city that does a song for them. I know my Twins have a few (Joe Mauer's buddy A&R has done a few songs for him). It shouldn't cost the teams anything, since a lot of these guys will do it on there own and present it to the team. Just don't let Prince do a song for ya. :facepalm:

robbnen#31
02-23-2011, 04:38 AM
Not a Lakers fan, but that remix of black and yellow has been out for at least a month

Flojo
02-23-2011, 05:03 AM
Not a Lakers fan, but that remix of black and yellow has been out for at least a month

I was about to say.

Regardless, seems like this is an "official" studio release. I know the version I got from a while back didn't have as much guitar in it.

EDIT: And I guess if you're interested, a song named "Black and Red" has been out for a bit, for the Bulls. There aren't any big artists on it -- its sung by some Chicago rapper.

SEATTLEredsox
02-23-2011, 05:37 AM
Some Seattle rapper did a remix of this called purp and yellow for the huskies a while back. All I remember is it was garbage... this one is a lot better though

Niro
02-23-2011, 06:35 AM
i like it and think there should more songs like that (new york,atlanta etc.)

btw the song is from the purp & patron mixtape which is pretty good :p

BALLER R
02-23-2011, 09:17 AM
i agree that every team should have an anthem. i know there are good raptors from almost all the nba cities so it would be pretty cool.

tdunk21
02-23-2011, 09:54 AM
laker forum