PDA

View Full Version : Heat shopping Miller

aussie
02-23-2011, 01:36 AM
Miller+Arroyo
for
Jack+Gray/Mbenga???

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/25228/sources-heat-shopping-miller-in-trade-talks

icej
02-23-2011, 01:37 AM
link?

LTBaByyy
02-23-2011, 01:39 AM
I told everyone he wouldnt be that good

People hyped him up tooooooo much for that team

He is just another shooter that can pass

Avenged
02-23-2011, 01:40 AM
Provide a link so this can reopen.

Avenged
02-23-2011, 01:48 AM
Reopened!

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/25228/sources-heat-shopping-miller-in-trade-talks

Cubs Win
02-23-2011, 01:50 AM
So I guess he's not the answer for the heat?

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 01:51 AM

It was mostly about fit. Usually a guy that can shoot and pass would be ideal next to Wade and LeBron.

D1JM
02-23-2011, 01:51 AM
dumbass miller. he gave up a lot of money to play for miami and now he is being shopped. LMFAO

Nikeman
02-23-2011, 01:52 AM
What can they get you guys think?

Honest question.

Sixerlover
02-23-2011, 01:53 AM
I'm sure if Mike Miller gets them a legit C or PG they'd have no problem pulling the trigger. Miller is needed, but not as needed as another quality big.

Sixerlover
02-23-2011, 01:54 AM
What can they get you guys think?

Honest question.

Not much. The teams looking to acquire Miller would more than likely be championship contenders looking for a shooter off the bench. And none of those teams would be in any rush to help the Heat

iggypop123
02-23-2011, 01:55 AM
rejected the lakers and look at him now.

blastmasta26
Yeah I don't see him having much trade value. I don't think a deal will get done.

AddiX
dumbass miller. he gave up a lot of money to play for miami and now he is being shopped. LMFAO

LoL I was thinking the same thing, and this is exactly why role players should never take a pay cut.

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 01:56 AM
LoL I was thinking the same thing, and this is exactly why role players should never take a pay cut.
Unless they're old and ring chasing.

Jonathan2323
02-23-2011, 01:58 AM
NOOOO I love MIke Miller.

He would have to bring us a legit starting PG or C to trade him.

shep33
02-23-2011, 01:59 AM
rejected the lakers and look at him now.

As a Laker fan I'm glad we didn't sign him, not because of his ability but just because he wanted the full MLE.

The only problem for Miami is that I don't think teams want to help them much.

RollinDeep
02-23-2011, 02:01 AM
Is Miller doing that poorly? He did start the season injured. But I guess Jones 3pt shooting takes Millers role?

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 02:01 AM
As a Laker fan I'm glad we didn't sign him, not because of his ability but just because he wanted the full MLE.

The only problem for Miami is that I don't think teams want to help them much.
Yeah, any deal that improves their depth hurts every potential contender.

AddiX
02-23-2011, 02:02 AM
Unless they're old and ring chasing.

Didn't he get a 5 year deal or some ish?

That's pretty good for a old ring chaser.

At the time it seemed like a great pickup, no one can deny that.

Nikeman
02-23-2011, 02:03 AM
Yeah, any deal that improves their depth hurts every potential contender.

Laker Fans scared??

NYY 26 to 7
Everyone said he would shoot 50% from 3 and have open shots all day. Problem is Wade and Lebron are sg-sf so he doesn't fit with them. The needed a pg who can run the O and hit an open shot or a center (but almost every team wants a quality center so good luck).

shep33
lol Miller for Beasley!!!

flclfanman
02-23-2011, 02:04 AM
If MIA's lucky they may be able to get WAS to bite on this for Hinrinch. He'd be great with MIA so I hope this trade doesn't happen ;p

CBCable
not saying i'd support this deal..

but i bet they'll call the mavs about haywood.

we lack depth at the 3 and could use the rebounding help.

Jahari Kavi
I think Mike sealed his fate when he missed that open 3 against Boston.............

marlinsfan24
02-23-2011, 02:05 AM
Everyone said he would shoot 50% from 3 and have open shots all day. Problem is Wade and Lebron are sg-sf so he doesn't fit with them. The needed a pg who can run the O and hit an open shot or a center (but almost every team wants a quality center so good luck).

He hasn't had a shot to fit in yet. He's only played so many games. I still expect him to get better with the Heat and I really don't want to trade him. But my feeling is that if the Heat can somehow get a decent PG or C, it would be for the betterment of the team.

Jahari Kavi
02-23-2011, 02:06 AM
I think Miami needs a PG more than a big man...when they get Haslem back they will have plenty of size up front to throw around..... Z, Dampier, Anthony, Bosh, Haslem = pretty damn good imo....Heinrich would be ideal for them.........

Jonathan2323
Miller for Mayo? have Mayo play PG

LTBaByyy
It was mostly about fit. Usually a guy that can shoot and pass would be ideal next to Wade and LeBron.

Not when he plays the same position of their best player that plays so many minutes

AddiX
02-23-2011, 02:08 AM
No one is taking his 5 year contract.

redwhitenblue
02-23-2011, 02:09 AM
Why would they trade Mayo just for Miller when they could likely get a better deal from CHI?

I disagree with most, I think a solid C would suit better than a PG. Wade and Lebron want the ball in their hands most of the time anyways so wanting a PG to set things up is damn near pointless.

marlinsfan24
02-23-2011, 02:09 AM
Not when he plays the same position of their best player that plays so many minutes

In big games he'd be playing minutes at either the two with Wade at the one and James at three. Like in the game vs the Celtics. Miller was starting to get more minutes then any Heat PG.

Nikeman
02-23-2011, 02:11 AM
Dalembert from the Kings

Mayo from Grizz

They come to mind first

Haywood would be nice, with a JJ Barea

LayZbone
02-23-2011, 02:13 AM
I really like Miller. All these ppl saying he's not a good fit are crazy. The guy's numbers are down because he came off of a thumb injury on his shooting hand. But even when his shot's not falling, he's creating off the dribble, crashing every board. The guy plays with a lot of heart.

Anyways, I doubt we trade him. I'm looking at all the teams, and like someone said before me, a Miller-Haywood swap is really the only one that works. And i say HELL NO to that trade.

If there's an MLE, Sammy Dalembert is ours for the taking IMO. No need to sacrifice a hard-working 3-point threat for a big with a bad contract.

shep33
02-23-2011, 02:14 AM
Dalembert from the Kings

Mayo from Grizz

They come to mind first

Haywood's 55 mill is something no team wants.

Giantwarrior
02-23-2011, 02:15 AM
no one is taking on that contract.

Nikeman
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4netjqh

Legit for both sides

Jonathan2323
Dalembert from the Kings

Mayo from Grizz

They come to mind first

Miller only makes 5 mil so Dalmebert is out of the question.

KDM1986
Doubt anyone wants to take on his 5 year contract. If the Heat can sucker the Wiz for Hinrich they would be lucky. I think this is the roster their going into the playoffs with.

Giantwarrior
02-23-2011, 02:16 AM
Miller is overrated from being on Team USA.

J-Relo
02-23-2011, 02:17 AM
just rumors. not going to be traded

shep33
02-23-2011, 02:18 AM
not saying i'd support this deal..

but i bet they'll call the mavs about haywood.

we lack depth at the 3 and could use the rebounding help.

Why on earth would they do that though... People tend to forget Haywood is getting 55 mill. Not only that Miami would have to give up Miller plus another player, or get a 3rd team involved.

Heater4life
02-23-2011, 02:19 AM
The Heat arent trading away Mike Miller. He's done great considering his set backs, he passes well, hustles, rebounds. Trade deadline rumors as always, Mikes not going anywhere.

Nikeman
02-23-2011, 02:20 AM
Why on earth would they do that though... People tend to forget Haywood is getting 55 mill. Not only that Miami would have to give up Miller plus another player, or get a 3rd team involved.

Look at my trade I posted..

Haywood
Barea

for

Miller
Anthony
Chalmers/Arroyo

Heat upgrade that PG with Barea, who is decent but overshadowed by Kidd. Haywood is the banger down low.

Mavs get help at the 3, with Caron done, and they get replacements for Haywood/Barea

shep33
02-23-2011, 02:20 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4netjqh

Legit for both sides

See Dallas would do that in a heartbeat, but I really don't think Miami would. Realistically they've gotta be careful with their money, like I said before Haywood just signed a 55 million dollar deal. If i were Miami i'd stay away from that deal. Why not go after Camby or someone like that?

Jonathan2323
02-23-2011, 02:21 AM
See Dallas would do that in a heartbeat, but I really don't think Miami would. Realistically they've gotta be careful with their money, like I said before Haywood just signed a 55 million dollar deal. If i were Miami i'd stay away from that deal. Why not go after Camby or someone like that?

Money doesn't matter we'll be over the cap for years. Still don't really want to give Miller up.

CBCable
02-23-2011, 02:22 AM

haywoods contract is actually only guaranteed for a 42.4 mil. the last year is not guaranteed.

not so steep for a legit 7 footer dwight howard called the 2nd or 3rd best defensive center in the league.

not agreeing with dwight's assessment.. just saying.

all in all, the contract is not nearly as bad as you might believe.

Nikeman
02-23-2011, 02:22 AM

Why not for Miami?

Barea is a good PG overshadowed by Kidd who can shoot the ball and create.

Haywood is the banger down low, who can compete with any big man.

redwhitenblue
02-23-2011, 02:23 AM

Haywood
Barea

for

Miller
Anthony
Chalmers/Arroyo

Heat upgrade that PG with Barea, who is decent but overshadowed by Kidd. Haywood is the banger down low.

Mavs get help at the 3, with Caron done, and they get replacements for Haywood/Barea
Really not much of an upgrade on either side.

shep33
02-23-2011, 02:23 AM

Haywood
Barea

for

Miller
Anthony
Chalmers/Arroyo

like I said before, Dallas would do that deal, but why would Miami? Haywood is way too expensive of a contract... I really doubt Miller gets traded in all honesty, but if they absolutely had to deal him, they should look at Portland, and get a 3rd team involved to make the numbers match.

CBCable
02-23-2011, 02:24 AM
like I said before, Dallas would do that deal, but why would Miami? Haywood is way too expensive of a contract... I really doubt Miller gets traded in all honesty, but if they absolutely had to deal him, they should look at Portland, and get a 3rd team involved to make the numbers match.

Haywood is really not an expensive contract. Here is a good assessment by DMN's Eddie Sefko:

Owner Mark Cuban did a good job of not blowing the Mavericks' budget on Haywood. Input from numerous league sources placed the total worth of the contract around $9 million per season if Haywood reaches several incentive clauses.
It starts right at $7 million next season and includes the maximum 10.5-percent raises over the first five years. The final season is not guaranteed unless conditions are met. Such a deal makes the first five years worth about $42.4 million, with the possible sixth year being worth as much as $10.675 million.

Haywood+Barea for Miller would be great if we could also swing Caron/DoJo for Harris.

LayZbone
02-23-2011, 02:25 AM
I think he Heat are more likely to pursue someone who's bought out, like Troy Murphy.

Arch Stanton
Maybe they could trade for Renaldo Balkman or Monte Ellis. Not because the trade makes sense but because people like to talk about them on PSD lately. So why not add them to this thread?

John Walls Era
nvm

CBCable
I think he Heat are more likely to pursue someone who's bought out, like Troy Murphy.

And pay them with what?

shep33
Why not for Miami?

Barea is a good PG overshadowed by Kidd who can shoot the ball and create.

Haywood is the banger down low, who can compete with any big man.

I still don't like it for Miami, Barea is good yeah, but he's a small pg that will get eaten up by bigger pgs. Chalmers is solid for Miami, considering that the pg wouldn't really be a pg for Miami with LBJ and Wade controlling the ball. I think Chalmers is fine there, and his value is pretty solid.

Jonathan2323
02-23-2011, 02:27 AM
And pay them with what?

vet min.

LayZbone
02-23-2011, 02:27 AM
Haywood is really not an expensive contract. Here is a good assessment by DMN's Eddie Sefko:

Haywood+Barea for Miller would be great if we could also swing Caron/DoJo for Harris.

What's the deal with Beaubois? Cuz every time I look at the Mavs roster, I'm like "damn, they have 3 PGs who could start for us."

I'm saying, why isn't Kidd & Roddy enough at PG? Why go after Harris?

therealwd27
02-23-2011, 02:28 AM
listen im new to this, but have been reading for about a year now figured id sign up.. but I love the Heat and id hate to see mike miller go, hes still hurting in his shooting hand, if any shooter has surgery on there shooting hand they wont compete at a high level. with that being said we have to do whats best for the team. what do you think of the trade below???

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4bectm8

CBCable
vet min.

take a paycut to play for the heat.. working out pretty well for mike miller so far

shep33

Honestly though man, there would be more suitors for Haywood if teams didn't think so. He's obviously on the block, and teams like OKC and the Knicks need a big man, so there has to be a reason why teams haven't started calling from a while back.

Nikeman
Chalmers has hid his moments, but he's not what Miami really needs, with an inconsistent shot.

Haywood is exactly what Miami needs, someone who can body up the Bynum's/Garnett's/Shaq/Howard type players Miami will face.

Big Z is too old, along with Dampier and Joel Anthony is simply too small.

CBCable
02-23-2011, 02:30 AM
What's the deal with Beaubois? Cuz every time I look at the Mavs roster, I'm like "damn, they have 3 PGs who could start for us."

I'm saying, why isn't Kidd & Roddy enough at PG? Why go after Harris?

Beaubois is really a 2. An undersized 2, but a 2. Carlisle doesn't trust him to run the offense now or in the near future, and has referred to him several times as a "pure shooting guard".

Maybe he could grow into a serviceable 1.. But I feel like its akin to putting a square peg in a round hole.

Nikeman
02-23-2011, 02:31 AM
listen im new to this, but have been reading for about a year now figured id sign up.. but I love the Heat and id hate to see mike miller go, hes still hurting in his shooting hand, if any shooter has surgery on there shooting hand they wont compete at a high level. with that being said we have to do whats best for the team. what do you think of the trade below???

Love it for MIA, but McGee is an up and coming big man I'm sure Was wants to keep.

LayZbone
02-23-2011, 02:31 AM
Beaubois is really a 2. An undersized 2, but a 2. Carlisle doesn't trust him to run the offense now or in the near future, and has referred to him several times as a "pure shooting guard".

Maybe he could grow into a serviceable 1.. But I feel like its akin to putting a square peg in a round hole.

ahh ok. thanks for clarifying that.

CBCable
02-23-2011, 02:32 AM
Honestly though man, there would be more suitors for Haywood if teams didn't think so. He's obviously on the block, and teams like OKC and the Knicks need a big man, so there has to be a reason why teams haven't started calling from a while back.

I think that might have more to do with his pouting and subpar performance.

He's very sensitive about playing time. Was promised the starting job after averaging a double double last year in his time with the Mavs, but Tyson showed up and blew him out of the water.

Hasn't been the same player since.

Who knows, maybe it is the pricetag but all in all I don't think it's so bad for a starting caliber center.

CBCable
02-23-2011, 02:33 AM
ahh ok. thanks for clarifying that.

no prob.. he was projected as a PG after the draft, it just hasn't panned out.

therealwd27
02-23-2011, 02:34 AM
Love it for MIA, but McGee is an up and coming big man I'm sure Was wants to keep.

Youd assume that, but they resigned Blatche to a 5 Year deal. I hope theyd let him go. I may sound crazy but I wouldnt mind trying Eddy Curry out, him and lebron have the same agent and have worked out in the off season together, provided playing time and Curry can put up decent numbers, for Isiah Thomas ran knicks he played in 81 out of 82 games and put up 19.7 and 8 reb per game. If anyone can get someone into shape its Rileys crazy *** practices, that way we dont have to trade Miller just let him get healthy for playoffs and keep playing JJ (James Jones)

redwhitenblue
02-23-2011, 02:36 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2354cw8

Hey look Heat fans, another trade that ESPN says works so it must be plausible!

shep33
02-23-2011, 02:37 AM
Chalmers has hid his moments, but he's not what Miami really needs, with an inconsistent shot.

Haywood is exactly what Miami needs, someone who can body up the Bynum's/Garnett's/Shaq/Howard type players Miami will face.

He picks up a lot of fouls quickly though, and he's just as slow as Dampier with a limited offensive game. He's a better defender and rebounder yes, and yes he's a big body, but we're talking about a guy who's averaged more then 10 points once in his career (10.6), and averaged 10 rebounds for for only a 48 game stretch in his career.

All I'm saying for Miami is this... I'm not a Heat fan at all, but if Miami buys some time till this offseason there is someone named Kendrick Perkins who will likely be available.

If they don't get Perkins, which is a long shot, they can pick up Nazr Mohammed, Kwame Brown, Kenyon Martin, Chuck Hayes, Aarron Gray, Nick Collison, Nenad Kristic, Joel Pryzbilla (perfect), Reggie Evans and more guys for way way cheaper. Heck they could probably pick up two of these guys instead of Haywood.

Miami should wait, they're pretty damn good right now, but if they wait they can get better value come this offseason if they're looking for bigs.

therealwd27
02-23-2011, 02:39 AM

Focus on the game on Thursday, not Heat trades, you barely beat us last time and Lebron didnt even play. Better Pray Pippen or Jordan come out of retirement, cause your starting wings are a joke at best

shep33
02-23-2011, 02:39 AM

lol how do the bulls get +3wins?

Iron24th
02-23-2011, 02:41 AM
He's just coming from a bad injury (thumb) not ideal for a shooter,he's out of rythm,maybe this year he'll not back to form,but I can see the Heat regret it next year if they trade him.

redwhitenblue
02-23-2011, 02:43 AM
lol how do the bulls get +3wins?
No clue. When I first put it in it was +5 for Miami and -15 for the Bulls. When I saved it, the numbers changed.

stlbest5in2013
02-23-2011, 02:44 AM
Focus on the game on Thursday, not Heat trades, you barely beat us last time and Lebron didnt even play. Better Pray Pippen or Jordan come out of retirement, cause your starting wings are a joke at best

flame on flamer, your team is a 2nd round exit in the playoffs, no bench, no pg no bigs, equals fishing trip

shep33
02-23-2011, 02:46 AM
No clue. When I first put it in it was +5 for Miami and -15 for the Bulls. When I saved it, the numbers changed.

Hollinger stats at their finest lol

redwhitenblue
02-23-2011, 02:46 AM
Deng and Boozer are a joke? I bet a lot of people wouldn't mind having that joke.

By the way, last time we played the Bulls weren't at full strength either. That Noah guy, a big piece of the Bulls team, was out.

No need to whine though, both the Bulls and the Heat are looking for options to improve, I was more making fun of the ESPN trade machine-which is just plain stupid.

cchrisc773
02-23-2011, 02:50 AM
5 year 29 million dollar contract is not going to be easy to move. Giving Millers age.

therealwd27
02-23-2011, 02:55 AM
Deng and Boozer are a joke? I bet a lot of people wouldn't mind having that joke.

By the way, last time we played the Bulls weren't at full strength either. That Noah guy, a big piece of the Bulls team, was out.

No need to whine though, both the Bulls and the Heat are looking for options to improve, I was more making fun of the ESPN trade machine-which is just plain stupid.

When I say wings it refers to the SG and SF, I dont even know who your starting SG is..Bogans? I mean he did win ACC player of the year in college but that was what 10 years ago?. I also think Noah is a little overrated but I am looking forward to a close game. Good luck

redwhitenblue
02-23-2011, 03:00 AM
Bogans starts but plays the least amount of minutes. Brewer and Korver get the most (Brewer being the lock down defensive guy and Korver being the offensive boost). It's a nice duo to have, personally I like it but it seems very likely the Bulls will either make a trade with this extra pick and some other picks for a SG or draft one next year.

You can think Noah is as overrated as you want. I absolutely agreed when he came out of college. I hated that draft pick and hated Noah. He grew on me though. The Bulls will be getting their best pick and roll guy back (Boozer's better at the pick and pop) and Noah's offensive rebounding has been BADLY missed (he's 5th in the NBA, tied with Dwight, in offensive rebounds per game).

therealwd27
02-23-2011, 03:03 AM
Bogans starts but plays the least amount of minutes. Brewer and Korver get the most (Brewer being the lock down defensive guy and Korver being the offensive boost). It's a nice duo to have, personally I like it but it seems very likely the Bulls will either make a trade with this extra pick and some other picks for a SG or draft one next year.

You can think Noah is as overrated as you want. I absolutely agreed when he came out of college. I hated that draft pick and hated Noah. He grew on me though. The Bulls will be getting their best pick and roll guy back (Boozer's better at the pick and pop) and Noah's offensive rebounding has been BADLY missed (he's 5th in the NBA, tied with Dwight, in offensive rebounds per game).

Id def take NOAH on the HEAT dont get me wrong lol. But they need to make a trade for a SG just like we need to make a trade for a Center or PG or both. I was hoping Billups got bought out but was just wishful thinking, Troy Murphy has Orlando, Miami and Boston as his top choices with Boston in the lead. Would suck for both of us he can be a 12 and 10reb per game guy given mins

redwhitenblue
02-23-2011, 03:05 AM
I don't think a SG is as necessary as some do, I think our combined numbers from the SG position are fine and we get good defense out of a good portion of our SG time on the floor between Bogans and Brewer.

Miami desperately needs not only a decent addition to the PG or C spot, but they really could use a player off the bench that can at least contribute offensively. They get exploited so badly when it's one of the big 3 or none of them and the rest of the bench guys.

aussie
02-23-2011, 03:08 AM
maybe if he grew his hair back then what would people think?

therealwd27
02-23-2011, 03:09 AM
I don't think a SG is as necessary as some do, I think our combined numbers from the SG position are fine and we get good defense out of a good portion of our SG time on the floor between Bogans and Brewer.

Miami desperately needs not only a decent addition to the PG or C spot, but they really could use a player off the bench that can at least contribute offensively. They get exploited so badly when it's one of the big 3 or none of them and the rest of the bench guys.

I guess but adding a strong SG wouldnt hurt....Also we would be ok if Miller didnt hurt his thumb and Haslem his ankle. We have a decent bench, just injuries sucks which is apart of the game but ah well, im sure Riley will figure something out

Giraffes Rule
02-23-2011, 03:13 AM
Why would anyone want Miller right now? Concussions aren't common in the NBA, who knows how long his shooting will be affected by this.

ElMarroAfamado
02-23-2011, 03:18 AM
but wait I thought Mike Miller was supposed to propel the Heat to 9 titles in a row?

hyb152
02-23-2011, 03:22 AM

No dude, it's cuz of the injuries. He wasn't overhyped. He's good. Injuries killed his season.

shep33
02-23-2011, 04:26 AM
Miller is solid, they shouldn't trade him. They won't get equal value back, because teams won't make the Heat better.

D Roses Bulls
02-23-2011, 04:47 AM

you are dreaming.....

icej
02-23-2011, 05:06 AM
He picks up a lot of fouls quickly though, and he's just as slow as Dampier with a limited offensive game. He's a better defender and rebounder yes, and yes he's a big body, but we're talking about a guy who's averaged more then 10 points once in his career (10.6), and averaged 10 rebounds for for only a 48 game stretch in his career.

All I'm saying for Miami is this... I'm not a Heat fan at all, but if Miami buys some time till this offseason there is someone named Kendrick Perkins who will likely be available.

If they don't get Perkins, which is a long shot, they can pick up Nazr Mohammed, Kwame Brown, Kenyon Martin, Chuck Hayes, Aarron Gray, Nick Collison, Nenad Kristic, Joel Pryzbilla (perfect), Reggie Evans and more guys for way way cheaper. Heck they could probably pick up two of these guys instead of Haywood.
Miami should wait, they're pretty damn good right now, but if they wait they can get better value come this offseason if they're looking for bigs.

You have some good points sir, but the problem is maybe the Heat think they can win it now, and if this rumor is really true maybe they know they could use some more tweaks in the line-up for the final stretch run.

Haywood
Barea

for

Miller
Anthony
Chalmers/Arroyo

I hate to see MM be traded knowing his sacrifice and hard work to make the heat better, but if indeed he got traded for either of these trades, I think this will become heat's year after all. I did not expect a completed heat in the 1st yr.

Nice trade suggestions by the way.

koLohe2133
02-23-2011, 05:11 AM
Miller to Boston for jermaine oneal....

They are looking for a big right???

heatfan03
02-23-2011, 05:21 AM
I don't see much truth to this. although I believe if a great shot at a starting C or PG came along the heat would consider trading Miller I dont see it otherwise.
1. he has a "cheap" contract so he will be good for them the next couple of years with the big 3 and their salaries.
2. he has been injured so his perceived value to other teams prolly isn't as high
3. I see them waiting until the offseason when there would be more available and giving more time to miller.

HakeemTheDream
02-23-2011, 05:29 AM
He shoots 15% in the clutch.

Bulls_fan90
02-23-2011, 05:51 AM
Miller + his contract suck. Doubt they get any value for him, he's nothing but an injury prone aging player. Should have kept Beasley.

HakeemTheDream
02-23-2011, 06:08 AM
Nah not Beasley, they should have kept Dorell Wright.

Storch
02-23-2011, 06:32 AM
The Celtics can offer Jermaine O'neal since they need a back up SF. :laugh2: the irony!

icej
02-23-2011, 07:32 AM
I don't see much truth to this. although I believe if a great shot at a starting C or PG came along the heat would consider trading Miller I dont see it otherwise.
1. he has a "cheap" contract so he will be good for them the next couple of years with the big 3 and their salaries.
2. he has been injured so his perceived value to other teams prolly isn't as high
3. I see them waiting until the offseason when there would be more available and giving more time to miller.

As a miami fan can you please answer this questions.

Questions:
1.If you are Riley, would you rather wait for next season if you think you can win now?

2. Is Mike Miller worth the slot now that you know you have a dependable James Jones and Eddie House, while there is this chance to fill up positions where you are weak through miller before playoffs?

Doesn't matter what is your answer, just some curious questions in mind.

SteBO
02-23-2011, 09:44 AM

:laugh: I couldn't help lmao

SteBO
02-23-2011, 09:46 AM
As a miami fan can you please answer this questions.

Questions:
1.If you are Riley, would you rather wait for next season if you think you can win now?

2. Is Mike Miller worth the slot now that you know you have a dependable James Jones and Eddie House, while there is this chance to fill up positions where you are weak through miller before playoffs?

Doesn't matter what is your answer, just some curious questions in mind.
As a Miami fan, I like what Miller has done when he's gotten the oppurtunity to play. However, if it's to get a good PG and C, I'm all for it because it wouldn't take long at all to get them acclimated.

AIRMAR72
02-23-2011, 09:49 AM

heat needs a center who run with wade and bron rebound da ball and protect da paint, camby or mcgee if they can get either guy should help da heat when they face teams like boston etc, a jokim noah type player is the ideal bigman for da heat

justinnum1
02-23-2011, 09:56 AM
Miller to Boston for jermaine oneal....

They are looking for a big right???

:facepalm:

JordansBulls
02-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Miller+Arroyo
for
Jack+Gray/Mbenga???

:speechless:

dnewguy
02-23-2011, 10:00 AM
I don't believe this, someone looked at Miami and figured it will be juicy to pick on Mike Miller.

Sly Guy
02-23-2011, 10:12 AM

you figure taking a paycut like that to win a 'ship, he'd at least negotiate a no trade clause.....lol.

JasonJohnHorn
02-23-2011, 10:16 AM
They need a center, so I understand them looking around, but seriously, MIAMI DOESNT NEED A STARTING POINT GUARD!!!! THEY HAVE WADE AND JAMES!!!! Its like Pippen and Jordan, those two brought the ball up, not Paxon, and in for the second three-peat Phil just said F@ck it! I'm starting two shooting guard (Ron Harper) and they have a huge pereimiter team.

Why isnt miami starting Wade, miller, and LBJ? Then Bosh and Haslem in the fron court (when Haslem returns). That is a solid line up. Let Chamber work the backup angle

Bornknick73
02-23-2011, 10:36 AM
Its not about Miller's fit.

Miami is afraid hes concussion prone. Once players figure he is Miller will be getting more shots to the head to take him out of games and its too risky for the Heat to have him.

They struggled a bit without him, once he came back to spread the floor they flourished. They have adjusted very well without him playing subpar competition but come playoff time they will need his shot when teams start crowding the paint.

If im Miami, Im very concerned about his latest concussion, it will be the second one this season if it is a concussion. And once you get one......

SteBO
02-23-2011, 10:39 AM

Miami is afraid hes concussion prone. Once players figure he is Miller will be getting more shots to the head to take him out of games and its too risky for the Heat to have him.

They struggled all season without him, once he came back to spread the floor they flourished. They have adjusted very well without him playing subpar competition but come playoff time they will need his shot when teams start crowding the paint.

If im Miami, Im very concerned about his latest concussion, it will be the second one this season if it is a concussion. And once you get one......
His latest setback wasn't a concussion.

justinnum1
02-23-2011, 10:44 AM

They struggled all season without him, once he came back to spread the floor they flourished. They have adjusted very well without him playing subpar competition but come playoff time they will need his shot when teams start crowding the paint.

:facepalm: we won 21 of 23 games without mike miller. James jones has played great this season.

Bornknick73
02-23-2011, 10:44 AM
His latest setback wasn't a concussion.

Ahhh ok it was originally reported as such. Its a shame they all took less to fit in Miller now they are looking to get rid of him.

Im telling you they should have gotten rid of Bosh and used that money on the bench. Wade and James with a full supporting cast would win the title this year.

This team is great but they dont have the depth to win it this year. But anything can happen.

Bornknick73
02-23-2011, 10:47 AM
:facepalm: we won 21 of 23 games without mike miller. James jones has played great this season.

my bad. I adjusted my original comment.

gotoHcarolina52
02-23-2011, 11:06 AM
This is one of the few trades I would make involving Mike Miller.

Nuggets get: Mike Miller, Joel Anthony, Mario Chalmers, Dexter Pittman, Juwan Howard, Eric Dampier + picks (2011 Minnesotta 2nd, etc)

Miami gets: Nene, Melvin Ely, Gary Forbes

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4fyv3kq

Flash3
02-23-2011, 11:16 AM
and why would denver accept that crap ?

Gram
02-23-2011, 11:17 AM
They won't get much for him.

dhopisthename
02-23-2011, 11:28 AM
miller isn't going to get traded unless riley gets wowed with an offer

The Flash
02-23-2011, 11:30 AM
He's not gonna be traded

jtsunami
02-23-2011, 11:31 AM
I really hope you trade him for Dalembert. Dalembert is such a bum and making so much money. Then you can resign him and he can be a bum for even longer on your team.

BrahCake954
02-23-2011, 11:31 AM
mike miller is a lendary frail..

white tmac

Madtown22
02-23-2011, 11:34 AM
They should have moved him when He blew up North of the Border for one game. I hope he does, I don't like him

jtsunami
02-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Troy Murphy on the Heat scares me. He's Bosh-lite with more range. Granted he gets torn up defensively and doesn't help the interior D they need to compete with Boston, but he would be an excellent pick up for your second unit.

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 11:35 AM
This is one of the few trades I would make involving Mike Miller.

Nuggets get: Mike Miller, Joel Anthony, Mario Chalmers, Dexter Pittman, Juwan Howard, Eric Dampier + picks (2011 Minnesotta 2nd, etc)

Miami gets: Nene, Melvin Ely, Gary Forbes

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4fyv3kq
Nene on the Heat? That could make them better since they're not losing much in terms of quality depth

Jahari Kavi
02-23-2011, 11:41 AM
^^^that would be a horrible trade for Miami....they'd be giving up way too much..........

Heater4life
02-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Pat Riley is doing his due diligence as always. If he can get a no brainer he pulls the trigger, but its nothing. Hes dangling bait over water.

xabial
02-23-2011, 12:07 PM
he started the season shooting 0-8 and at one time was a 20% 3PT shooter really struggling since his return from injury. Now Mike Miller is a 40%+ Three Point shooter so far into the season, he's an Elite Shooter, with that being said he cant stay healthy and the Heat have found enough Three point shooters in Jones/House. They find their weakness at the PG spot more important to address.

FLMeth06
02-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Well if they can get a PG that can actually play defense, then go for it. If not, just keep him, he's a very good passer and excellent shooter. He's been hurt this year, but still a good player when healthy.

tangent12
02-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Oh that's cute.. Wasn't Miller the key difference??!

Fail.

:laugh: :laugh:

DITKA4GOV
02-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Miller is a strong gust of wind from going down with another injury, and now has concussion concerns. No thanks.... I don't blame the flamers for throwing miller off the party boat!

Where's KG?
02-23-2011, 02:48 PM
This dude just signed a 5 yr 30 mil deal or something close to that. I do not think anyone wants to have to pay him that much money over the next 5. Thinkin the HEat are stuck with him.

Heater4life
02-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Oh that's cute.. Wasn't Miller the key difference??!

Fail.

:laugh: :laugh:

If the Heat are making a move we wont hear about it. Thats always been Rileys m.o; Miller is a key difference. Its ok, you'll see it come playoff time. ;)

hgtiger32
02-23-2011, 03:23 PM
what about Mike Miller to the Clippers for Bledsoe? T-Wolves ofr Flynn or Ridinour?

idk just ideas...

godolphins
02-23-2011, 04:17 PM
WallaceHeatNBA

Mike Miller said he got assurances from Pat Riley regarding trade rumors, unless Heat "can get Dwight Howard or somebody."