PDA

View Full Version : Knicks/Nuggets/Timberwolves Trade, According to ESPN Trade Machine

mrblisterdundee
02-22-2011, 10:27 PM
Don't delete the thread or move it to a team's forum; it's current, relevant and doesn't deal with one specific team. I don't see anybody else analyzing the recent trade from the machine's perspective.
This is the actual trade as it went down (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4n2r5ta), except the included draft picks. ESPN really needs to get on the ball and start including draft picks in its trade machine, considering what a significant role they play in most trades.
Each team's win projected record has lowered, with Denver taking the biggest hit. This just shows how skewed PERs can make things look. I think the Nuggets will have more success than what the trade machine says. They broke even at the point, and can use Chandler at shooting guard and Gallinari at small forward. Martin's gone; the sooner the better. If Denver decided to play Mozgov from the get go, it could even use Nene at power forward; I'd like to see what he does banging against smaller players.

chicago lulz
02-22-2011, 10:28 PM
I could have sworn this was posted already

THE MTL
02-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Why does this need to be a thread though?

MiamiWadeCounty
02-22-2011, 10:34 PM
Don't delete the thread or move it to a team's forum; it's current, relevant and doesn't deal with one specific team. I don't see anybody else analyzing the recent trade from the machine's perspective.
This is the actual trade as it went down (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4n2r5ta), except the included draft picks. ESPN really needs to get on the ball and start including draft picks in its trade machine, considering what a significant role they play in most trades.
Each team's win projected record has lowered, with Denver taking the biggest hit. This just shows how skewed PERs can make things look. I think the Nuggets will have more success than what the trade machine says. They broke even at the point, and can use Chandler at shooting guard and Gallinari at small forward. Martin's gone; the sooner the better. If Denver decided to play Mozgov from the get go, it could even use Nene at power forward; I'd like to see what he does banging against smaller players.
They don't have draft picks because it would be too hard to analyze. What value can you place on a 2014 first rounder when you do not know who is available or when the pick will be. Also, they cannot evaluate the whole college talent pool.

WizFan3
02-22-2011, 10:36 PM
y is this a thread jw

bholly
02-22-2011, 10:37 PM
The reason nobody's analyzing it using the machine is because it sucks and is misleading. It creates the misconception that that's the entire trade, and that it's constructed as one big move. In reality draft picks are included (like you say) and the deal is constructed as multiple small deals, reportedly resulting in Denver getting up to four TPEs, which are very very important.

Using the trade machine is useless when all the information is elsewhere, along with the information that the machine misses. You may as well MSPaint a picture of the trade, and it'd add no more information than this does.

heysuckit
02-22-2011, 11:12 PM

reason enough for me to close this thread, this dude sounds like an ******* :facepalm: guilty conscience because you know this a waste of time and piece of **** thread

blahblahyoutoo
02-22-2011, 11:24 PM
hahaha, knicks down a win.
;)