PDA

View Full Version : Is props in the dunk contest becoming too much now?!?

ghettosean
02-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Just wondering what peoples opinions are on props in the dunk contest... I'm starting to think it's becoming too much with blowing out cupcakes, getting down teddy bears and jumping over tables and cars. I mean Serge Ibaka gets a 45 when he dunks from BEHIND the free throw line and Demars dunks were pretty hard too... I think Demar and Serge got robbed on there 1st dunk attempts by the judges. To be honest I think Javale should have won over Blake but Javale didn't have a choir and a car and a spokes man on his dunks.

Should the dunk contest be just about dunks or should props be allowed what do you think about that and Saturday nights dunk contest?

P.S

Demar vows to never enter the dunk contest again until props are banned...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6147372

HoopsDrive
02-22-2011, 10:14 PM
There's no need to ban props from the contest entirely. We've seen props used to great effect like the McGee double dunk (if you consider 2 hoops a prop which I do).

The general rule for me is that the prop should be there only to complement the dunk and never to take the spotlight.

Also, find a way to make voting fair ffs. I proposed that maybe players should be the ones giving the score in another thread. Unsure if it would work but those judges CLEARLY bought into the mad hype that was Blake and got Ibaka and DeRozan robbed.

iamsteel
02-23-2011, 12:24 AM
The props bring a whole new world of creativity. You can only spin so many directions and dunk. The choir was a pretty stupid. As long as they don't allow trampolines. That reverse DeRozen dunk was the best dunk of the night.