PDA

View Full Version : Potential big trade with CLE

harm0n1x
02-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Was wondering if anyone on PSD has heard anything about this at all. Rumors (just fan talk/ESPN Clevelland) out here involve anyone from Monta Ellis, OJ Mayo, Stephen Jackson, Gerald Wallace, David Lee.. And a few more.. Close the thread if necessary, just wanted to get some outside opinions.

Today on The Really Big Show Brian Windhorst told Rizz: "The Cavs have something on the table for the deadline that would be considered major..." Brian would not speculate on who that player is...said it involves the trade exception...any ideas?

http://www.espncleveland.com

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Probably Mayo or Ellis. Could be Wallace.

Melo15
02-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Probably Gerald Wallace

Sixerlover
02-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Gerald Wallace for sure. Especially if Jordan is looking to cut costs

xabial
02-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Wallace

nolafan33
02-22-2011, 05:12 PM
There's talk of a major deal in New Orleans.

It's complicated, but I've heard Trevor Ariza, Corey Maggette, Gerald Wallace, Steven Jackson, Ramon Sessions, Antawn Jamison's names.

Something about a big trade between the Hornets and Cavs that needs a third team, and they're both talking to the Bucks and Bobcats.

beasted86
02-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Don't think it's any of those guys.

Dan Gilbert will do what he and his management have done for years under LeBron:
Take on a bad contract for an above average player, but not elite.

Ben Wallace - $14M / 3yrs left
Wally Szczerbiak - $12M / 2yrs left
Mo Williams $9M / 4yrs left
Shaquille O'Neal - $20M / 1yr left
Antawn Jamison - $13M / 3yrs left

I see something along the lines of Corey Maggette with his nasty contract or possibly even an injury prone guy like Chris Kaman.

nolafan33
02-22-2011, 05:13 PM

Dan Gilbert will do what he and his management have done for years under LeBron:

I see something along the lines of Corey Maggette with his nasty contract or possibly even an injury prone guy like Chris Kaman.

Trevor Ariza?

harm0n1x
02-22-2011, 05:14 PM

It's complicated, but I've heard Trevor Ariza, Corey Maggette, Gerald Wallace, Steven Jackson, Ramon Sessions, Antawn Jamison's names.

Something about a big trade between the Hornets and Cavs that needs a third team, and they're both talking to the Bucks and Bobcats.

from what we're hearing Mo Williams, Antawn Jamision and Ramon Sessions aren't supposed to be going anywhere. But like always, it's all just speculation.

hugepatsfan
02-22-2011, 05:15 PM

Yup. That was CLE's problem. They made moves just for the sake of making moves. They were so desperate to prove to Lebron that they were serious about aquiring talent that they rushed into poor deals.

nolafan33
02-22-2011, 05:16 PM
from what we're hearing Mo Williams, Antawn Jamision and Ramon Sessions aren't supposed to be going anywhere. But like always, it's all just speculation.

Agree with you on that, it's all just speculation.

hugepatsfan
02-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Trevor Ariza?

I could see it. His deal isn't that bad either. It's bad, no doubt. But it's not all that binding and in the right system, playing the right role he could be a decent piece.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2011, 05:18 PM
So far the only deals I've heard of out there are:

Tony Douglas and two 2nd rounders for CP3

Ronny Turiaf and a 2018 Top 29 protected 1st round for Dwight Howard

Ronnie Fields for Kobe Bryant straight up

other than that pretty quiet.

harm0n1x
02-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Yup. That was CLE's problem. They made moves just for the sake of making moves. They were so desperate to prove to Lebron that they were serious about aquiring talent that they rushed into poor deals.

We forget that Lebron approved every one of those moves. He's no longer involved in the front office, this team has to operate differently now. Why take on a bad contract if you're not even a playoff contender?

hugepatsfan
02-22-2011, 05:22 PM
We forget that Lebron approved every one of those moves. He's no longer involved in the front office, this team has to operate differently now. Why take on a bad contract if you're not even a playoff contender?

Those are my thoughts exactly. I don't think it makes sense for CLE to be aquiring pieces w/ long term deals. But they have to try and get some of those season tickets renewed somehow.

harm0n1x
02-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Those are my thoughts exactly. I don't think it makes sense for CLE to be aquiring pieces w/ long term deals. But they have to try and get some of those season tickets renewed somehow.

I think they're trying to ditch one or two of these older guys, and acquire some young talent and draft picks. They're absolutely stupid if they do anything else differently.

Lloyd Christmas
02-22-2011, 05:26 PM
What have they said about Monta Ellis?

Gritz
02-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Whomever it is, probably will be pissed for getting traded there, then again the fans probably are looking for someone to embrace after the "decision"

BroncoBuck
02-22-2011, 05:35 PM
I know the Bucks were trying to get Marcus Thornton earlier. Maybe they picked up those talks again. Possibly Cleveland taking on Salmons or Maggette we take on Jamison and we ship out Delfino and other pieces? Not sure right now but I have a feeling its Thornton to Milwaukee, Maggette to Cleveland and Delfino plus some other pieces to NO/CLE

chitown815
02-22-2011, 05:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN0WqSeCKW8

Create
02-22-2011, 05:36 PM
I love NBA trade deadline like the final days of it, trades make everything better.

:D

BroncoBuck
02-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Maybe. . .

Bucks trade Redd and first round pick to GSW for Lee, Delfino/player to CLE for Williams. CLE than trades parker to Boston for 1st rd pick.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 05:50 PM
As a Cavs fan I hope they don't take on any large contracts. The only thing they should focus on is shedding salary and obtaining draft picks. There's no point with gathering a bunch of washed up veterans. There's not really any stars to go after. If they can develop some players into stars then maybe later on they can try and persuade a potential to join the team.

gsgs49
02-22-2011, 05:51 PM
They should make a trade for Lebron.

hgtiger32
02-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Maybe. . .

Bucks trade Redd and first round pick to GSW for Lee, Delfino/player to CLE for Williams. CLE than trades parker to Boston for 1st rd pick.

oh god for the bucks sake, please no

harm0n1x
02-22-2011, 06:06 PM
What have they said about Monta Ellis?

just one of the names being brought up.

jrm2054
02-22-2011, 06:19 PM
they would still suck and have a ton of bad contracts so who cares

DeShaun Brown
02-22-2011, 06:28 PM

:laugh:

CostanzaNumba0
02-22-2011, 06:34 PM

great attempt at being witty

icon1914
02-22-2011, 06:40 PM

Well they had to do something... LeBron was pushing for moves... Cleveland had little to no real assets outside of LeBron, which made it hard to make any deal that wasn't either a risky or, at best, a lateral move.

In short, The Cavs made the moves they could make...

But I heard nothing about a trade... Cleveland does not have much to really trade so I can't imagine it being anything that will change their high lottery fate.

lilojmayo
02-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Probably Mayo or Ellis. Could be Wallace.

OJ Mayo not going anywhere, the he knows it is time for him to play to his potential and most importantly lead the Grizzlies into the playoffs this year, with Gay out for possibly the rest of the season.

In the offseason though come back and let's talk about the possibility of it.

AI4MVP
02-22-2011, 06:45 PM
that would be great for the city of Cleveland to get Monta Ellis. They need a player like him that can carry a team on his back on some nights, score alot of points, bring some excitement.

Heyyo1900
02-22-2011, 06:52 PM
that would be great for the city of Cleveland to get Monta Ellis. They need a player like him that can carry a team on his back on some nights, score alot of points, bring some excitement.

I don't know if they necessarily need someone to lead them to 25 wins. They might be able to do that with Daniel Gibson.

Mane
02-22-2011, 06:55 PM
OMG they're gonna get lebron back!

kfranks22
02-22-2011, 06:55 PM
The Warriors love Monta and it would take an awful lot for them to trade him, and Cleveland doesn't have an awful lot, so that name is being pulled out of someone's *** to try to excite their fan base, and anyone who falls for it isn't very smart.

shep33
02-22-2011, 07:07 PM
why would the Warriors trade Monta?

I think Mayo and Lee might end up there somehow.

Thegame187
02-22-2011, 07:13 PM

I must be stupied - I read the first trade and thought "Thats a cheap price for CP3" I saw the 2nd trade and thought "damn orlando is stupied, but he is almost a free agent?" then i read the 3rd and thought "This Prez guy knows nothing about the NBA, thats a terriable trade"

then I worked out im an idiot that would even believe American's would be dumb enough to vote Bush in for a second term

ellisgw
02-22-2011, 07:20 PM
what in the hell do the cavs have to offer for monta ellis

goldenstater
02-22-2011, 07:25 PM
i dont see the warriors giving up Monta for anyone on the cavs. i dont see that as making the team Warriors better, unless the Cavs were willing to give up an unprotected 1 rounder for Monta which i dont think the Cavs value Monta that much anyways.

CityofChaos
02-22-2011, 07:35 PM
The Warriors have been playing good basketball lately and have been beating elite teams. Why would they break up their core for someone on the worst team in the league?

I swear, people need to think through the facts before they spit names out their mouths...

monster_mash
02-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Fact is NBA execs don't believe you can win with a small backcourt. Right or Wrong. If they got Ellis off the books for a pick or 2 and a good SG i'm sure they give it a hard look. That being said I don't believe this happens.

NYKnickFanatic
02-22-2011, 08:01 PM

:facepalm:

dolfan720
02-22-2011, 08:06 PM

lol

sunsfan88
02-22-2011, 08:08 PM
JJ Hickson to PHX for Robin Lopez & ORL 1st rd pick.

CityofChaos
02-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Fact is NBA execs don't believe you can win with a small backcourt. Right or Wrong. If they got Ellis off the books for a pick or 2 and a good SG i'm sure they give it a hard look. That being said I don't believe this happens.

You dont trade your best player for a pick or two, nor ship him to the Cavs who have absolutely no talent in terms of being trade-worthy for a player like Ellis.

There is no point of blowing up your core when you have won 7 out of the last 9 games heading into the all-star game and are only 4 games below the 8th seed.

If the Warriors are going to trade Ellis or Curry, it better be for a player like Iguadola or for a big man that can make up for the lack of defense in their Biedrins/Lee backcourt...

AddiX
02-22-2011, 09:19 PM
OJ Mayo not going anywhere, the he knows it is time for him to play to his potential and most importantly lead the Grizzlies into the playoffs this year, with Gay out for possibly the rest of the season.

In the offseason though come back and let's talk about the possibility of it.

I think his potential hit a wall when he got moved to SG, than Benched, than got his butt whooped by his own teammate, than got caught using steroids.

Mayo fans need to realize when the hype has ended.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Like I said before I don't see any big trades with CLE. Maybe none? And that's fine. But Broussard just posted this:

@Chris_Broussard I'm told there's a 100 pct chance of Devin Harris being traded. Dallas and Portland likeliest spots. Mavs offer Caron's exp contract.

zB_#85
02-22-2011, 09:42 PM
I heard it's Jamison for LeBron- straight up.

ewing
02-22-2011, 09:43 PM
I think his potential hit a wall when he got moved to SG, than Benched, than got his butt whooped by his own teammate, than got caught using steroids.

Mayo fans need to realize when the hype has ended.

Your on fire

mrblisterdundee
02-22-2011, 10:14 PM
I'd like to see a team like Cleveland pick up Gerald Wallace. They should just go all defense, all the time. They're having no luck scoring.

IndiansFan337
02-22-2011, 11:54 PM

I heard rumors about them acquiring Gerald Wallace 1-2 months ago...But haven't heard anything else lately. I think Charlotte will hold onto him and try to make the back end of the playoffs.

I also saw mention of Jamison to NO, but that NO was hesitant to acquire him and his $15 million remaining for next season due to the CBA uncertainty.

First of all, that is not completely accurate. Ben Wallace/wally Szczerbiak were acquired in a deal dumping the just as lethal contract of Larry Hughes. Shaq was then acquired for Ben Wallace. Jamison was acquired for a guy that they got back later in the season (Z). So you can't really criticize any of those trades.

Sure, we added salary...But none were long term contracts except for Williams. They were added in exchange for other poor contracts and/or each other....And they netted the Cavs the top record in the NBA in consecutive seasons. Obviously, winning in the playoffs is what matters most. That team had a chance to do it, and just fell short. I don't think you can knock Gilbert's management team for any of those moves. You can mock and criticize him for his "letter" to LeBron. But that is another story...