PDA

View Full Version : If Felton isn't traded, he's not even going to start for Nuggets

NYSpirit1
02-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Asked who his starting point guard would be, Karl said, "Probably Ty," then got into his maroon SUV and drove away.

Credit: ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6145912

That really is horrible for Felton. He went from averaging 17 and 9 on a playoff team, getting All-Star consideration to probably backing up Ty Lawson on a lottery team.

I don't know what the point of forcing the Billups for Felton part of the trade was then, because if Felton's just going to go back to Charlotte Felton, come off the bench and average 10 points and 6 assists, what was the point?

Sly Guy
02-22-2011, 03:41 PM
seriously...Raymond was having a career year, now he's gonna sit back and watch another former heel take his place.

Lake_Show2416
02-22-2011, 03:42 PM
**** happens

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Felon will probably end up being traded again. I would say to the Trail Blazers.

cardinals1226
02-22-2011, 03:43 PM
seriously...Raymond was having a career year, now he's gonna sit back and watch another former heel take his place.

That's the nature of the business. But being a backup doesn't mean he's not going to see 25+ minutes a game.

Sly Guy
02-22-2011, 03:44 PM
That's the nature of the business. But being a backup doesn't mean he's not going to see 25+ minutes a game.

still, couldn't have asked for more from the guy, and he gets sent packing. It might be the nature of the business, but it's still pretty crappy from his point of view.

Minimal
02-22-2011, 03:45 PM
He will be traded to Atlanta imo

jrm2054
02-22-2011, 03:48 PM
O well

Sly Guy
02-22-2011, 03:50 PM

I'd like to see that.

DaBUU
02-22-2011, 03:50 PM
This is why I feel uneasy everytime the owners cry foul about players having so much control. Look at Felton, signed with the Knicks, moved his family, has been giving it his all and playing his heart out for the team, then all of a sudden he's in freakin Denver. The owner of the Knicks didnt think twice about moving Felton in the deal when Melo was presented. I realize thats the business, but it reeks of hypocracy. I can trade you at the drop of a dime and uproot your entire life, but how dare you have a choice of where you'd like to play. These owners are a bunch of tools.

YankeeClipper5
02-22-2011, 03:56 PM
This is why I feel uneasy everytime the owners cry foul about players having so much control. Look at Felton, signed with the Knicks, moved his family, has been giving it his all and playing his heart out for the team, then all of a sudden he's in freakin Denver. The owner of the Knicks didnt think twice about moving Felton in the deal when Melo was presented. I realize thats the business, but it reeks of hypocracy. I can trade you at the drop of a dime and uproot your entire life, but how dare you have a choice of where you'd like to play. These owners are a bunch of tools.

He signed for 2 years and everyone knows he was a rental till 2012. And it's not like he's playing for free.

Lim
02-22-2011, 03:57 PM

ud have a point if these players weren't making millions for bouncing a basketball. they have to sell their house and move to a different city? boo fkin hoo

BkOriginalOne
02-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Felton will probably move.
Also, Felton was getting solid numbers in D'antoni ball - Lawson plays pretty well as a starting PG for a Karl team.
Also, the Nuggets will not be a lottery team.

DaBUU
02-22-2011, 04:01 PM
^^It's not really the players Im talking about, its the owners. The same guys screaming for a lockout are the ones that got themselves into all these horrible contracts. Its like they cant stop themselves from giving out bad money, but now they think things are out of control. They need to be saved from their own stupidity. I know its millionaires against billionaires, so who really cares.

JNA17
02-22-2011, 04:02 PM
he's a system player anyway

Sadds The Gr8
02-22-2011, 04:05 PM
he's a system player anyway

exactly. i think the D'antoni system bumped his stats. I doubt he averages those #'s on any other team.

kblo247
02-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Lawson won that job and was just waiting to take it. Felton didn't automatically deserve it, and honestly he wasn't in the long terms plans of Denver or New York.

I hope he gets dealt to a good team where he can fill a need. I'd love to see him in Jersey, LA, Atlanta, Miami, Portland, or Charlotte for that matter

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-22-2011, 04:08 PM
I think GK was saying Ty will be the starter because he knows the system... Felton doesn't know any plays or have any chemistry or even practiced with anyone on the Nugget's team.

Allen Iverson didn't start right away when he was traded to Denver either. I do believe Felton will eventually get the starting job, depending how quick he learns the offense and effective he is.

YankeeClipper5
02-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Felton in Atlanta would be a nice fit.

Kashmir13579
02-22-2011, 04:09 PM
**** happens

yup.

Kashmir13579
02-22-2011, 04:10 PM
i didn't care for Raymond anyway.

dakman1985
02-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Lawson won that job and was just waiting to take it. Felton didn't automatically deserve it, and honestly he wasn't in the long terms plans of Denver or New York.

Agreed. Anyone have lawsons numbers when he started for injured billups? I bet it was at least 17 and 7. He knows the offense and has started for the nugs before. Some random guy having a good year that doesn't know the offense shouldn't come steal it away from someone who's been working hard for that job for the last season and a half.

Kashmir13579
02-22-2011, 04:11 PM
exactly. i think the D'antoni system bumped his stats. I doubt he averages those #'s on any other team.

the only stats that were bumped were his per game stats. everything else was the same or worse. Felton isn't even a good fit in D'antoni's system so i'm not sure what you guys are talking about.

AddiX
02-22-2011, 04:12 PM
He will get traded this year or next. He had nice stats but did not run this team well at all.

Flash3
02-22-2011, 04:18 PM

That really is horrible for Felton. He went from averaging 17 and 9 on a playoff team, getting All-Star consideration to probably backing up Ty Lawson on a lottery team.

I don't know what the point of forcing the Billups for Felton part of the trade was then, because if Felton's just going to go back to Charlotte Felton, come off the bench and average 10 points and 6 assists, what was the point?

to screw the knicks over ? why wouldn't they not take as much as they can ?

Flash3
02-22-2011, 04:19 PM
and so they can have him as a trade asset i suppose :D

Sadds The Gr8
02-22-2011, 04:20 PM
the only stats that were bumped were his per game stats. everything else was the same or worse. Felton isn't even a good fit in D'antoni's system so i'm not sure what you guys are talking about.

point is that many people were saying Felton is an improved player, because of those bumped per game stats. they made him look better than he was, and i don't think that he could average those stats on another team. he may not have been a good fit, but they still benefited his numbers.

Bravo95
02-22-2011, 04:21 PM
All of these avaliable PGs and not peep from the Hawks. :sigh:

shizzle09
02-22-2011, 04:23 PM

this :clap:

mrblisterdundee
02-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Karl is mistaken. Felton will start, in the long-run, if he stays in Denver. There's no plausible reason for not starting him. He's plain better that Ty Lawson.

JordansBulls
02-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Trade him back to Charlotte.

pd1dish
02-22-2011, 04:25 PM
felton will be traded whether its in the next couple days or in the next off-season. he obviously showed he can be a starting PG in the nba and the nuggets would be stupid to not take advantage of his trade value if they arent going to start him.

smith&wesson
02-22-2011, 04:26 PM
I would love felton in toronto. does denver want another first round pick ? because BC is shopping miami's first round pick. or does denver want tpe for cap releif ? or expiring contracts ? lol
:o

tangent12
02-22-2011, 04:26 PM
LOL, owned. Poor guy.

DerekRE_3
02-22-2011, 04:30 PM
I'd love Felton on the Kings.

kblo247
02-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Thought I should add that Gallo will start at SF, Chandler will be the 6th man, and Mozgov will come off the bench,.

Create
02-22-2011, 04:37 PM
That's messed up man.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
02-22-2011, 05:05 PM

Felton in Atlanta would be a nice fit.

and Bibby aint gettin no younger, so itd def be an upgrade from Bibby

ive said it before, but ill say it again. i personally think Felton is underrated, even playing as a Bobcat.

Gram
02-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Felton and Martin for Stuckey, Prince and Maxiell. :hide:

Tarheels23
02-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Play them together Karl! Get in that all Heel backcourt! Championship backcourt I might add

Chronz
02-22-2011, 05:43 PM

So what happens to Billups stats?

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Aren't the nuggets about the same seed in the west as the Knicks are in the East?

The Jokemaker
02-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Well I don't feel sorry for him. He's making millions of dollars playing a game. He can suck it up and do what coach says to do. What a concept, feeling sorry for a millionaire...

Bucs4eva
02-22-2011, 05:52 PM
i didn't care for Raymond anyway.

cuz you're an idiot

Bucs4eva
02-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Felton and Martin for Stuckey, Prince and Maxiell. :hide:

include rip, wilcox..do it! i want felton on the Pistons!

Sadds The Gr8
02-22-2011, 05:56 PM
So what happens to Billups stats?

iunno how he'll do in D'antoni system...we'll see.

the_jon
02-22-2011, 05:56 PM
The government did the exact same thing to me. And you can be sure as **** I didn't get paid millions for it. Is that fair? Who ****ing cares.

macc
02-22-2011, 05:58 PM

I agree, rarely to fans see the players side of it as a business. Fan bases will bash a great player if he leaves a team, but if a team trades an aging great player to get some "value" out of him before it's to late then that's just fine.

That's why I don't have a problem with players teaming up together. It seems they are the only ones that have each others backs, def not the organizations.

Chronz
02-22-2011, 07:25 PM
iunno how he'll do in D'antoni system...we'll see.

So if he sucks in it does that mean he was just a "system" player?

kblo247
02-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Well I don't feel sorry for him. He's making millions of dollars playing a game. He can suck it up and do what coach says to do. What a concept, feeling sorry for a millionaire...

Feeling for a human being because he is a human being, what a concept :facepalm:

WizFan3
02-22-2011, 07:47 PM
trade him then

Storch
02-22-2011, 07:49 PM
He's just another good trading chip for Denver.

Mudvayne91
02-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Stop making mountains out of mole hills.....

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/02/22/george-karl-ty-lawson-will-start-over-raymond-felton-for-now/

"As for now, and probably for the next week or two, I'd say Ty will be the starter, and I think you'll see them play a lot together,'' Karl said.

"It's not important,'' Karl said. "I don't think it's important at this point in anybody's mind. It shouldn't be important in Raymond's or Ty's mind. It's about 25 games left (in the season), we've got to become a good basketball team and how that happens everybody should be happy about.''

RedRicanoBx
02-22-2011, 07:59 PM
I feel bad but at the end of the day its a business these dudes get paid regardless.... but I think he gets traded to LAC idk why man but dont be shocked

heathonater
02-22-2011, 08:00 PM
denver will probably flip felton and a couple other players received in the deal for something else. other than that scenario, it wouldnt make sense to acquire felton unless you plan on trading him.

Hawkeye15
02-22-2011, 08:07 PM
I think the Nuggets will flip him in the next 2 days. Felton will be sought after.

Denver really pulled in a nice haul, and if they can flip Felton for another need, and the picks are used properly, Denver did a great job in this trade, especially for being forced to deal Melo.

nuggetsyankees
02-22-2011, 08:19 PM
karl was talking about the next game...felton doesn't know the plays so obviously he's not starting

Sadds The Gr8
02-22-2011, 10:23 PM
So if he sucks in it does that mean he was just a "system" player?

i wouldn't say so....he's been a very good player on 2 other teams. he's proven.

FaM0us Skins
02-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Nuggets should trade him to another team then

THE MTL
02-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Lawson is only starting cause Felton hasnt been with the team yet. He is still the starter however, Felton is def going to return back to Charlotte form again. And now, he'll once again be splitting minutes at PG.

Chronz
02-22-2011, 11:05 PM
i wouldn't say so....he's been a very good player on 2 other teams. he's proven.
So why is it ok to punish one player for fitting a system but not another for failing in it? Isnt it possible that players all over have different skillsets for different systems?

Besides it took Billups as long as it took for Felton to start playing well. What if those 2 other teams ran similar systems? What if Felton gets to play in a similar system for the next few years and performs. What makes one system relevant and another weak?

Sadds The Gr8
02-23-2011, 05:31 PM
So why is it ok to punish one player for fitting a system but not another for failing in it? Isnt it possible that players all over have different skillsets for different systems?

Besides it took Billups as long as it took for Felton to start playing well. What if those 2 other teams ran similar systems? What if Felton gets to play in a similar system for the next few years and performs. What makes one system relevant and another weak?

but they didn't...Denver was more of an up-tempo team and Detroit was more of a half-court set team.

homestarunner93
02-23-2011, 05:48 PM

Felton was never a bench player in Charlotte and was never a 10/6 type player in Charlotte.

gilly
02-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Which teams need a PG?

Portland, Atlanta, Detroit, Sacramento. He'd fit well any of those places imo.

small3
02-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Be great if Miami could swing him for Miller, some money and some side trash.

Confusious
02-23-2011, 06:08 PM
That sucks.

ClayMatthews
02-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Bit of a shocker

justinnum1
02-23-2011, 06:11 PM
felton needs to be traded to the trail blazers

felton
mathews
geral wallace
aldriege
camby

is a nice team

Chronz
02-23-2011, 06:13 PM
but they didn't...Denver was more of an up-tempo team and Detroit was more of a half-court set team.
Systems arent solely relegated to pace of play or else there would only be 3 systems in the league, fast, slow and medium

ilovemyangel
02-23-2011, 06:20 PM

most of what you said are right. but the owners can do that becoz they are the ones who pay the players.

Sadds The Gr8
02-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Systems arent solely relegated to pace of play or else there would only be 3 systems in the league, fast, slow and medium

i know that, but pace is an important part of it.

Chronz
02-23-2011, 07:10 PM
i know that, but pace is an important part of it.

Somewhat but if you look at the history of Billups manned teams pace of play you'll see that he struggled in a variety of environments before blossoming in Detroit.