PDA

View Full Version : Don't hate on South Beach

JDMVP
02-22-2011, 03:14 PM
All this am, obviously everyone has been talking about Melo to NY but when people started talking how its bad for the league about Stars all joining/forming this mini all star teams. Everyone mentioned how Miami started this all trio forming together yada yada yada. Seriously I hate Miami, (im a big LAKER fan) but I gotta say Boston is the one who is to blame here specially KEVIN MCHALE.
I'm sick of all these legends talking about how they don't like this mini all stars forming and how Miami started all this. PLEASE, I hope people get there fact right 1st it was Kevin Mchale who formed and started this. Remember back in 07, the 4 Team Blockbuster trade about the pacers,twolves,celtics and Lakers?
That was a done deal until Kevin Mchale and Danny Ainge backed out. Boston traded 7 players for KG to form there BIG 3. Where are those 7 players now in Minnesota?
Fact is Boston and Kevin Mchale started all this mini all stars, so if someone is to Blame I gotta say its Boston and Kevin Mchale.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
02-22-2011, 03:15 PM
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

whitemamba33
02-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Cool story bro.

Put in your diary.

mikealike305
02-22-2011, 03:17 PM
im so happy u arnt a heat fan lol

Sixerlover
02-22-2011, 03:17 PM
:)

Chacarron
02-22-2011, 03:18 PM
The Lakers had Magic, Kareem and Worthy. I guess the difference here is that 2 of those players were number 1 picks by the Lakers. But that trio is as deadly as it gets.

jrm2054
02-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Lol

hugepatsfan
02-22-2011, 03:21 PM
I don't have an issue w/ star players teaming up. It's within the rules and although too many "superteams" would make the regular season boring, it makes the playoffs better. What I do have an issue w/ is players setting these things up years in advance.

chicago lulz
02-22-2011, 03:23 PM
No care about 'superteams'. Don't hate them.

Minimal
02-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Actually he says the truth.
Lets check last years playoffs.
Miami Heat First Round - Dwyane Wade against Boston's Big 4, Miami loses.
Cleveland Cavaliers Second Round - LeBron james against Boston's Big 4, Cleveland loses.
Summer 2010 - Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Chris Bosh join forces to beat the Boston's Big 4.

There are some "If" situations.
What if Bostons Big 4 wasn't formed and Cleveland or Miami won last years Championship? I doubt that the Big 3 of Miami would have been formed.

KaiserSose
02-22-2011, 03:29 PM
This thread makes me want to hate on South Beach way more than any super-team could.

Sly Guy
02-22-2011, 03:30 PM
I don't have an issue w/ star players teaming up. It's within the rules and although too many "superteams" would make the regular season boring, it makes the playoffs better. What I do have an issue w/ is players setting these things up years in advance.

so you'd trade 82 games of regular season for 28 games of playoffs?

I think the league might have a problem with that.

that being said, @ the OP:
Boston did it through trades. The made the most of a situation that presented itself. LBJ, Wade, and Bosh, manufactured that opportunity. Or so the conspiracy goes.

YankeeClipper5
02-22-2011, 03:34 PM
I hate South Beach because of the $30 drinks and no parking.

DITKA4GOV
02-22-2011, 03:34 PM
I think the big difference between the Celtics big three coming together and the Heat coming together is how it happend. The celtics were put together via trade. Regardless of how the trades worked out, it was a trade none the less. I don't recall exactally, but I don't remember Garnett or Allen forcing the trade (like Melo.)

The Heat (and now Melo) will be the topic of conversation of "super-teams" going forward not the Celtics. It was the way the Heat went about it, which also includes "The Decision" tv show, that adds on to the Hate the Heat receive. I don't hate the Heat or the Celtics or even the Knicks. Fandom homers are what drive me crazy.

To add, I think the new CBA will find ways to limit other teams (players really) in the future from forming these so called super teams. I think the Commish and Board are worried that the ... inmates are running the aslum. I really hope Paul/Williams/Howard handle there pending free agency with some class.

hugepatsfan
02-22-2011, 03:37 PM
KG kind of forced the trade to BOS. MIN was ready to deal him for basically the same package plus the #5 pick (Jeff Green). But KG wouldn't sign an extension because he didn't think BOS would be good enough to make it worth it for him. Then BOS turned the #5 pick into Ray. That convinced KG to come to BOS. Then BOS and MIN had to work out a new deal w/out the #5 pick.

Create
02-22-2011, 03:39 PM
What?

Mr Grim
02-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Everything bad that happens in the world in Miami's fault and only Miami's fault.

whitemamba33
02-22-2011, 04:02 PM
I don't hold it against the team front office. If they aren't trying to put together the best team possible than they aren't doing their jobs.

I hold it against the players for trying to find an easier road to a title. MJ would have never done that, he even said so himself.

Canterbury
02-22-2011, 04:10 PM
I think the big difference between the Celtics big three coming together and the Heat coming together is how it happend. The celtics were put together via trade.

I bet some heat fans are just going to troll you by saying "LEBRON N BOSH WAS S&T to HEAT!!".

Kashmir13579
02-22-2011, 04:12 PM
in before lock?

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Why is this even a thread? The Heat fans are the worst on PSD and they don't want us to hate them? Makes sense?

Minimal
02-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Why is this even a thread? The Heat fans are the worst on PSD and they don't want us to hate them? Makes sense?
Atleast we are not butthurt Cavs fans.

shizzle09
02-22-2011, 05:00 PM
The celtics didnt start this a few years ago. Super teams have exsisted in the past. Showtime lakers and the boston celtics had teams stacked with HOF's. Lakers have a payroll over nearly 90 million when the cap is in the 55 mil range due to cap exceptions. I'd call that a super team considering they have guys on their bench that would get paid ovr 10 mil to start for other teams. Who cares how these teams are formed. Congrats Celtics, congrats Knicks and congrats Heat. Front offices getting it done for their fans.

shizzle09
02-22-2011, 05:01 PM

if you read the OP you'd see it was created by a non heat fan.

Da Knicks
02-22-2011, 05:09 PM
superteams have always existed brah, no need to cry...

NYKSpiritBomb
02-22-2011, 05:13 PM
i love all the moves that have been made in the NBA since Boston's big 3 im loving the 'superteams" and teams are starting to beef. the NBA hasn't been this exciting since Jordan years

NYKSpiritBomb
02-22-2011, 05:14 PM
The celtics didnt start this a few years ago. Super teams have exsisted in the past. Showtime lakers and the boston celtics had teams stacked with HOF's. Lakers have a payroll over nearly 90 million when the cap is in the 55 mil range due to cap exceptions. I'd call that a super team considering they have guys on their bench that would get paid ovr 10 mil to start for other teams. Who cares how these teams are formed. Congrats Celtics, congrats Knicks and congrats Heat. Front offices getting it done for their fans.

:clap::clap::clap:

hugepatsfan
02-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Stars teaming up isn't bad for the NBA. Stars planning to sign in groups months/years ahead of time - problem. IMO, of course.

JDMVP
02-22-2011, 05:21 PM
I have no problem with the mini all star teams what I have a problem about is when people talk about how its not good for the league and its all Miami's fault that players are forming the superteams. Like I said it was Kevin McHale and the Org of Boston who started it.

Hangtime
02-22-2011, 05:22 PM
i love all the moves that have been made in the NBA since Boston's big 3 im loving the 'superteams" and teams are starting to beef. the NBA hasn't been this exciting since Jordan years
Agreed. Bring on some real rivalries again.

goshhhjosh
02-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Blame Boston :yawn:

From a Lakers fan...

hugepatsfan
02-22-2011, 05:29 PM
I have no problem with the mini all star teams what I have a problem about is when people talk about how its not good for the league and its all Miami's fault that players are forming the superteams. Like I said it was Kevin McHale and the Org of Boston who started it.

BOS had the best offer for KG and that's why they got him. People need to stop all this crap about McHale helping out his former team.

McHale had a deal in place w/ BOS to get what he got AND the #5 pick. KG did to that deal what Melo did to the NJ deal. By the time talks were picked up, the #5 pick was already traded.

McHale wanted Al Jefferson, and w/ good reason. In his last year in BOS, at age 22, he put up a double double season average. And he had a PER of 19.8 - very good for a 22 year old. Al Jefferson was arguabley the best trade asset in the NBA at that time. If MIN had gotten him and the #5 pick, it would have been an awesome deal. However, KG messed that up by initially refusing to come to BOS.

The only other serious offer was from LA. They were offering Bynum and fillers. BOS was offering Jefferson and better/more fillers. At the time, Jefferson was more valuable than Bynum because he was a lot more proven, w/ the potential to get even better. BOS was offering the best deal.

Chronz
02-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Why not blame Wilt for forcing a trade to LA? This is NOTHING NEW PEOPLE

JDMVP
02-22-2011, 05:45 PM
At this ERA when people have just none stop talking about how Superteams is bad for the league, Im just saying if u have to blame someone or if u have to look at who started this Mini all star teams its the Boston Celtics.

hugepatsfan
02-22-2011, 05:48 PM
At this ERA when people have just none stop talking about how Superteams is bad for the league, Im just saying if u have to blame someone or if u have to look at who started this Mini all star teams its the Boston Celtics.

"Superteams" are not bad for the NBA. Anyone who says that is wrong. What's bad for the NBA, IMO, is guys talking months/years in advance (while they are still playing w/ other teams) about where they are going to team up. That's a problem. MIA is the "poster child" for that.

0nekhmer
02-22-2011, 05:52 PM
super teams are great for the playoffs but horrible for the regular season.

Heater4life
02-22-2011, 06:06 PM

I thought i was cool. Im the worst???? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Heater4life
02-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Why not blame Wilt for forcing a trade to LA? This is NOTHING NEW PEOPLE

We must get our glasses at the same place, because apparently no one else seems to see this.

J-Relo
02-22-2011, 06:11 PM
super teams are great for the playoffs but horrible for the regular season.

yea right...

biglord
02-22-2011, 06:11 PM
there are no superteams in the nba once these player join each other they can no lnoger be the best players in the nba. because with the money these teams are paying these few players they can only sign d league players to fill out there roster and with two or more player u dont win like people been saying u need the other players on the team to make shots and defend. u dont have that u dont win so superteams no there are none in the nba right now. some very good teams but no superteams a super team would have allstars at every starting spot. back to the players how can these be the best players in the nba but they cant get there team over the hump so they team with another player or player's and try it that way. all the players who feel the way are just good players not great players like people keep saying great players make there teammates better not blame them.because as a leader when the game is on the line great players get it done. everybody is always talking about jordan and pippen but what made jordan a great player is that he got the kerrs,paxsons,grants,etc and pip of the world to up there game. he made those guys step up there game thats what made him a great player wade,bron.bosh,melo and whoever else who is the man for there team who chose to leave to be with another player who is suppose to be a star is mentally weak and just a good player not a great player.

JARVIS123
02-22-2011, 06:19 PM
why are people trying to justify the way a superteam is put together.a superteam is a superteam hands down aint no ifs ands buts about it.there's a difference in a big three and a superteam.miami has a big three but decided not to spend hella cash to make a superteam.like boston l.a. orlando.they the heat big three decided to join forces to compete with those superteams .

Super.
02-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Last time I checked KG and Allen were traded. Not signed as free agents

ThunderZubb
02-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Lockout is going to happen 110% because of the Collusion with all these players. Lebron and Bosh had a plan in place around 2008 when they were playing for the Olympics by teaming up together. When Melo got married and Chris Paul made he's speech in front of everyone at the Wedding that he's going to join New York Knicks with Amare so the predictions is going to happen soon. Chris Paul will be joining the Knicks whens hes a free agent. David Stern and the Owners are realizing this about whats happening. For sure there's going to be a lockout because this is so much. I feel sorry for the small market teams who are going to get screwed unless there's a lockout to fix all this problem.

Go LOCKOUT

You can Thank Lebum and Repaul for ruining the Nba about this ******** that's happening with this league.

JARVIS123
02-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Last time I checked KG and Allen were traded. Not signed as free agents

last time i checked boston still have a way higher payroll than miami.